CalendarBudget

Maximize your wealth by tracking the past and planning the future

Work for CalendarBudget?

Learning about CalendarBudget?

CalendarBudget Reviews

Ask CalendarBudget a Question
Showing 27 CalendarBudget reviews
CalendarBudget review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Fantastic, simple budgeting tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can jump forward and see how my finances will look several months, or years, in the future. The categories also make it incredibly easy to use - just click which ones you want to see in the sidebar, and you can see at a glance what events are upcoming in your financial future. I also like the reminder emails - so convenient! I also love how you can have the calendar show your highest and lowest balance dates. The ability to manage multiple accounts in different tabs is awesome too. I've been using CalendarBudget for over 4 years and I can't imagine living without it!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I truly dislike about this app, but I do wish there were more color choices for categories. I also wish there was a way to sync with my bank, rather than having to download/import statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need a simple way to track your finances, and you like seeing them on a calendar, then this is the app you want!

I can plan future events/travel/expenses with confidence, knowing exactly how they're going to impact my cash flow. By inputting my financial data, I can forecast fairly accurately.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CalendarBudget
CalendarBudget review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"Great tool for budgets that need more than a month lead time"

What do you like best?

I finally found a budget tool that accommodates cash flow, my bi-weekly pay schedule, and the quarterly large expenses associated with farming and supporting a large family. I can tell 3 months out if one of my accounts will need extra attention, and where my resources will be. No other tool that I've found can do that!

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to work out how to tell if my I have "extra" funds in my accounts at the end of the month, because my situation does not lend well to monthly standard expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Cash flow problems are resolved. My expenses are front loaded at the beginning of each month, buy my paychecks are posted every other Friday. This had always caused a headache about how much cash do I need to keep in my checking account to make it through the first week of the month. Now I can tell well ahead of time if I'm okay or not.

Because of this visibility and long term planning, I don't need to check the balance of my checking account every day. I look at it two or three times a month now instead, and that's enough to keep things in good shape.

What Other Finance & Admin. solution do you use?

CalendarBudget review by Robert Childs R.
Robert Childs R.

"A Great Real Life Budget Calendar"

What do you like best?

I like best...The running tally of available funds on each day, this allows me to plan many months ahead for those large bills quarterly bills; not to mention see my available cash grow when I stick to budget. In addition, the ability to see every bill for the month or out years.

Now, I know there are a ton of other features. But, I honestly only use the calendar for laying out my bills.

What do you dislike?

Cannot say I have ever found a dislike in its performance or display.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not want to use the word, awesome, but it is awesome. If you need a budget or never had one, Calendar Budget will surprise you with the ease of its interface. And for those looking something less annoying than those spreadsheets, then Calendar Budget is for you. It is simply usable.

I real life Budget that meets our needs to live comfortably and plan for the future. ,

CalendarBudget review by Ben K.
Ben K.

"The Intuitive Way to Budget Over Time"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating and maintaining calendars that reflect my current, actual, finances as well as projections and goals - without being tied to a specific account.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky and sometimes I'm moving too fast, so an undo feature would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't connect CalendarBudget to you existing bank accounts (wish I feel better about) so it requires spending the time to keep your calendar(s) up to date manually. I normally spend about an hour a week.

But, honestly, I don't understand how someone can keep a budget that doesn't project future income and expenses on the dates those actions occur. I use it for personal bookkeeping and it is not part of my day-job. But I manage my band, which I treat like a small business (albeit not a financially sound one!). Calendar Budget has been crucial to the tracking of my expenses/income there as well as at home.

I have used several applications designed to help me keep a budget but most, like Mint, are set up for you to create goals and direct accounts to those goals. They have no association with time. And my financial needs are time-based.

Calendar Budget uses actual calendars so I know, at all times, exactly what money is coming and going out. I can easily project future income and expenses - exactly when they will occur - and change them on the fly. I can have multiple calendars so one keeps a real-time look at my finances while others can be used to set goals realistically. If I anticipate a large purchase in 6 months I can plan out exactly how to be ready to cover it. If I know that I’m getting a good tax return I can estimate how much income it will be and exactly when I’ll receive it.

I enter what I actually spend and plug in items like bills, maintenance costs and discretionary spending - so if you want a maintenance-free product this is not for you. But if you want a tool that can tell you not just where you might be in 1-5 years, but how you are going to actually use and need money tomorrow, next week, next month, etc, then Calendar Budget is the best I've seen.

CalendarBudget review by Kerry M.
Kerry M.

"CalendarBudget helped me change my bad habits"

What do you like best?

CalendarBudget is very easy to use. I can set up recurring payments and move payments around based on my balance for that day. The calendar GUI I can see where I am for months in advance. My coworker and I discovered this app and have relied on it daily for about 4 years or so now.

What do you dislike?

We have found the only way to communicate with the developers is via twitter. They are responsive though. I wish there were more material about the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! I rely on it daily

Prior to using CalendarBudget I was very short-sited in my financial planning. I could only see what my current balance was and not how my spending affected my budget. CalendarBudget fixed that for me. I rely on CalendarBudget and would be in a world of hurt if I lost it.

CalendarBudget review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"I update/input almost every single day, it has changed the way i look at my money"

What do you like best?

Daily projections of my money. Being able to see how much money i will actually have if i just stick to my damn budget is life changing!

What do you dislike?

took a bit of getting use to, must learn to account for/ create certain allowances to help better predict projections. Once you realize entering and adjusting religiously you get the hang of it and do not have to iput as much...but i still love to check it everyday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first learn to input everything everyday, overtime you will start to learn your patterns and be able to lump the small/single inputs together

Spending on wants vs needs and adjusting pay-date/schedules to better suit my needs weekly. I have realized that i have a lot more wiggle room then i thought, instead of trying to pay everything at once i've learned what things I can just pay early to avoid being penniless later. A simple shift of pay schedules can meant the difference between having -$153 vs +$210. Though I am not using it for business purposes at the moment, I am a Project Management student and I can already see the many ways these projections are going to help with some upcoming assignments. I cant wait!

CalendarBudget review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"CalendarBudget is the best budgeting tool on the Internet!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can plan my money easily into the future. It is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about CalendarBudget. I would say that the only thing they need is a dedicated iOS app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Financial future planning is a breeze with CalendarBudget

CalendarBudget review by Randi B.
Randi B.

"Calendar Budget is a very good product."

What do you like best?

Calendar Budget is very versatile. I can put in all off my accounts and see the cash flow day by day. I can put in multiple accounts, link them or not, put in reoccurring bills and income to see the day by day flow. Its easy to forecast when to do certain budgeting things.

What do you dislike?

The only thing would be a reverse entry. For example, you have a big insurance payment that reoccurs every six months. You could enter the actual payment date then pick when you want to start saving for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Mint.com first to track your spending while finding out what categories you are spending the most in. Then work your Mint and Calendar Budget together by using the same categories. You can also find out how much you are spending in each categories easier and set the budgets on both easier that way.

I was wondering how much a year I was spending on my business. I haven't actually gone a year using it for my business but I will know next tax time how much I spent.

CalendarBudget review by david b.
david b.

"Extremely happy with this product. It's put me back in the driving seat of my finances."

What do you like best?

I love the unique approach to managing balances and transactions. The calendar system puts CB ahead of any competition by far. It's great that you can set a regular transaction to occur at a frequency you specify for as long as you want. You can run several accounts alongside each other and check their projected balances at any given time based on your recurring transactions. This information can be used to make educated decisions on how and when to spend your money, potentially saving on interest on credit cards or loans, or by avoiding unplanned overdraft charges.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can be a little slow to respond after clicking on transactions or making changes.

The mobile web app is very restricted.

If you change a payment that is in a series (a one off change to that date only), it detaches from the series. This means that if you later make a change to the whole series (for example, the category to which the transaction belongs), the transaction belonging to the date you had earlier adjusted is not updated.

Apparent lack of ability to print an upcoming transaction list or a copy of a week or month view calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this software out. Don't be put off by its unusual approach, it will all make sense once you have your transactions set up. Try with one of your income sources and a few regular outgoing transactions and see how helpful it is.

I am managing my family's finances. We have a few incomes and many out goings. I am paid four weekly and my wife is paid monthly. The outgoings occur at various frequencies. This product, after some set up time, makes managing finances not only easy, but fun too.

CalendarBudget review by David S.
David S.

"CalendarBudget Review"

What do you like best?

Excellent UI design and flow. Customization options to fit a power user needs but simple enough at the base level for a casual user. Some of the simple UI options like "Show High/Low" or being able to customize how and when entries repeat. Another big plus is the ability to have separate tabs for each account while also retaining an "All Accounts" tab. Obviously the site being free is a big plus. I fear the day this site introduces a pay to use model.

What do you dislike?

1. No single sign on.

2. The summary column isn't usable. I've never got it working correctly. It always seem to pull the wrong data from the incorrect time period in which I'd expect.

3. When creating an entry that repeats their's not option to have it repeat forever/indefinitely. Drives me nuts.

4. Really needs to be an iPhone/Android app. Using the website on a mobile devise any smaller than tablet is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent budgeting software in my experience. I use it to balance my budget and predict my income accurately up to a year in advance. Re-balancing is extremely simple. For the most part it's bug free which is a huge plus.

I used the tool simply to balance my budget and visualize when I'm going to have high and low points for my income. This site allows me to see if I'm going to hit the red months in advance which is absolutely amazing.

CalendarBudget review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Simpliest, Most Dependable of it's Kind"

What do you like best?

Reliable. Accurate. Quick to adjust to. I don't know how I handled in office or home budgeting before this software. I did, but it was not nearly as accurate. Seeing everything layed out on a month by month basis - really helps a user look forward and plan accordingly.

What do you dislike?

User interface could be shinier, but that's a minor thing compared to the product you receive.

It keeps a better day by day track of small expenses such as petty cash.

CalendarBudget review by Anastasia D.
Anastasia D.

"Missing the Free Version"

What do you like best?

I love the tool don’t get me wrong but there is no way I would be one to spend a monthly fee for this service when I can find others for free and are useful just as much. So sad to leave.

What do you dislike?

The cost monthly plus would love more colors for the budgets. Would love to sync with checking account

Keeping on a budget and always knowing my balance when I add bills that are due

CalendarBudget review by Tina M K.
Tina M K.

"So glad I found this"

What do you like best?

Since using Calendar Budget I have not had any issues with my bank account or any bank fees associated with insufficient funds. All of my bills get paid on time, where before I would always forget.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad that it will start having a fee. But if there is a mobile app that will be available, it will be worth it

Keeping better track of my spending

CalendarBudget review by Sharon R. M.
Sharon R. M.

"Calendar Budget - an awesome tool to track your budget & spending"

What do you like best?

I have a salary but also variable income in the form of commissions. I can keep track of all my spending and income and see exactly what I have on any given day. It only takes about 5 minutes each day to update and I keep track much better with my accounts. At the end of the month I can see what I have spent money on with their pie graph. It shows me where I can cut and I was surprized where my money was going. It has been very useful.

\

It is very easy to add expenses that repeat each month so you don't forget a bill. Reminders can be sent to you and there is a great tutorial to help you set up the program.

I have used this program for several years.

When I have questions, the responses are quick. Often the program is upgraded as per user responses.

I know who is running the program and easy to contact. I can trust this program.

It is internet based so you can access from any computer - I used to use spreadsheets at work - but most of my spending was done on weekends and I couldn't update the spreadsheet. Now I can update anytime,

What do you dislike?

It has everything that I need. Even when I was paying for this product it was very reasonably priced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy, visual, effective.

Being in the financial business, I help clients set up a budget and to track their cash flow.

It works for clients who are good at checking everyday to update - it can be reconciled with their bank account as well.

I use this program for personal use and show clients how to use this personally.

Plus side - this program is free.

CalendarBudget review by Kjirsten F.
Kjirsten F.

"CalendarBudget is a great tool"

What do you like best?

The program ties time and money together with a Calendar interface that allows me to move expenses around and see how bills and expenses will impact my cash flow ahead of time. The ability to set recurring payments up and then modify them without changing the series is also helpful - so I can predict what my bills will be (and my income for that matter) and adjust them in real time if needed for shorter or longer billing cycles. I use the budget categories less often now then when I started working with the program, but it allows you to see categorized expenses and keeps a tally of how close under or over your budget you are. Multiple accounts can be entered and its easy to document transfers between them. The program also has a printable calendar to put up on the refrigerator or over the desk, so the rest of the family can see what we're up to. I also download the excel data every six months or so for my records. It was very useful when comparing my before-and-after expenses when my husband and I moved in together, and when we moved houses.

What do you dislike?

I choose not to sync my actual bank accounts with the CalendarBudget program, so it's not a big deal to me that I need to enter the expenses and income manually. Actually typing the data in each week keeps me very aware of all the bills, savings, and variances from my budget. There's really very little I dislike about the program - but I can see how some folks would prefer the direct connection to the bank accounts and the automatic categorizing that some other programs do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a visual person, and want a high-touch way to understand and control your finances, this is for you. If you want everything automated and low-touch, try Mint, but don't be surprised if you still have expenses that come up unexpectedly.

My husband's income is variable, and even tho it's supposed to come in twice a month, the checks never seem to line up with the 15th and 30th. The calendar format really allows us to look ahead and see - very visual, we are - how our cash flow will be affected, and where we need to make adjustments. This has really saved our bacon as far as overdrafts are concerned. Also, I can compare with our family calendar and budget out several months worth of birthdays and special events, so those are not a scramble or reduction from savings.

CalendarBudget review by Damián E.
Damián E.

"Casi el Mejor"

What do you like best?

El vistaso simple de mis cuentas en una sola pantalla

What do you dislike?

En poco análisis gráfico de la evolución de los gastos

he podido llevar el control de mi presupuesto

CalendarBudget review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"CalendarBudget is truly the only way to budget effectively"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love that i can categorize my expenses and income for easy reading. The calendar is easy to read, easy to export, and easy to maintain. Before calendar budget, I was using a calculator program and writing it out!!

(Income) - (Bill) - (Bill) = (Leftover)

(Leftover) + (Income) - (Bill) - (Bill) = (INSANITY)!

What do you dislike?

I wish i could export the calendar for more than one month at a time, and i hate the mobile app!!

If it was laid out more like a calendar, it would make more sense!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it to spend the time setting your budget up!!

I use this personally

CalendarBudget review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Great, simple tool for getting a handle on your personal finances. "

What do you like best?

very similar interface to google calendar easy to use and get and overview of what is going on. related series of events are connected and modifiable as a group.

What do you dislike?

the next month/year button are really close together and I usually end up hitting the wrong one. prev/next week would be nice. sometimes I want to slide the view a week at a time.

it would be nice to have a "semi monthly" option for things like pay period. From what I can tell the only way to do this is to make two entries, one repeating monthly on the 1st and one repeating monthly on the 15th

general personal finance issues. I am able to easily see where the low points in my balance are at and better manage my finances in hard times.

CalendarBudget review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Visualize, prioritize, and see money reconfigs need to happen"

What do you like best?

That you can move bills around quickly..

What do you dislike?

Unexpected emergencies on my part.........

Recommendations to others considering the product

Faster in building the app for the phone and direct bank imports (auto/and manual)

Getting payments paid on time and / or having the visual snapshot of when I have extra funds for savings/furniture/ or upgrades on our new home.

CalendarBudget review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Couldn't live without it"

What do you like best?

Its simple concept of viewing your finances in a calendar format. It allows you to plan and predict the future as you're managing your daily finances and goals.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple pending features that will improve the experience, but there's nothing i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend a better financial budget/tracking tool than calendar budget. There is nothing else out there, for free, that competes. Calendar budget helped me transition from more challenging times to better and I tell everyone I can to use it.

I use calendar budget for managing my personal finances. I have been able to make quick decisions on purchases and major life changes, quickly and accurately because of it.

CalendarBudget review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great tool for budgeting"

What do you like best?

I love how I can really budget what I can and cannot spend till the next pay day. I stopped using the book registers in college because there are so many transactions a day to keep up with and I can play around to see what my balance would be like if I did spend the money. It becomes helps out when you actually see the numbers instead of picturing it or scribbling down your budget.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a month to month side by side comparison of the inflow and outflow of transactions per category. It might be there, I am very new to it. But it would give a good idea of where most of the money is going and what needs improvement and when you see a month to month comparison on the outflows, it can track the progress you are making if there is a goal in mind.

This is actually used for personal and not business.

CalendarBudget review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Awesome Product!!"

What do you like best?

I have been doing personal budgeting for years in my own excel spreadsheet. But it was a constant challenge trying to time automatic payments coming through my bank accounts with the exact dates of my pay check. So I searched for a budgeting software that would incorporate a calendar template so all my income and expenses will be laid out clearly by dates.

And boom---there was Calendar Budget! It was as if this was custom-made just for my needs. And best of all---IT WAS FREE! I used it judiciously, tracking every transaction that went through my account. And within just two months, I had such a handle on my finances that I could not believe it!

I hardly write reviews for anything. But CALENDAR BUDGET is unlike anything product I have used before! And I cannot help it but try to get the word out to as many as would read thhis review: CALENDAR BUDGET WILL TRANSFORM YOUR FINANCES!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. I LOVE IT!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it for one month, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Personal Finance

CalendarBudget review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"A great product"

What do you like best?

It's essential for a home budget to take the timing of cash-flow into account. When I looked for a way to integrate my income, expenses and budget targets into a calendar, I was afraid I would have to create something. Turns out, someone had already done the heavy lifting. I've been using CalendarBudget for years now and couldn't be happier with the functionality.

What do you dislike?

At first they did not have an android-compatible app, which limited me to using it only on my computer. This has since been fixed. It was previously more glitchy with adding and editing entries, especially when used on a phone, but has been much better recently.

I use this for my personal finances because I needed a way to look at time and money together. I have a much stronger handle on the day-to-day financial situation, as well as feeling more in control by easily seeing what is items will be coming up soon. It is also really helpful for making big decisions and changes to finances - you can create an event in a past, current, or future month and see what the effects will be months or years down the road.

CalendarBudget review by Vicki F.
Vicki F.

"Great system that makes forecasting a breeze. "

What do you like best?

Calendar Budget is great how you can have multiple accounts and modify/add any catergories and tags for all the different transactions you want.

Also, the ability to retrieve and analyse past transactions and the feature of being able to split transaction is brilliant

What do you dislike?

I do find it quite hard with the budget allowance part and knowing how I'm tracking each paycheck. Budgeting for a monthly amount can make a big difference to budgeting for a fortnightly paycheck.

I used Calendar Budget for our family finances so I will

CalendarBudget review by Eric D.
Eric D.

"Simple and Satisfying"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use and since it is cloud based it is easily accessible via web or phone. The visual aspects are very nice in that you can view the transactions and balances very easily through out the month

What do you dislike?

It is very basic and the analytic s are limited and there is not automated download of bank and credit card statements. other than that it is very good and if you are in need of a basic register this is the tool.

Needed a cloud based register for access outside the business.

CalendarBudget review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"CalendarBudget is the best of its kind"

What do you like best?

It does just about everything I need it to do. No other software of its type has such robust functionality. And the fact that there's a mobile app (which now supports storing files on Google Drive) means I can use it whenever and wherever I need!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will not find comparable software that is as robust as CalendarBudget!

Being able to enter transactions from anywhere in real-time ensures that I am always looking at real numbers and keeping on top of my budget.

CalendarBudget review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"CalendarBudget was a lifesaver!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of it. I'm addicted to it!!! Keeps me so organized and love to see my financial future

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I like it just the way it is. I wouldnt change a thing

I never used to keep track of every dollar spent or how important it is to do so. Now I cant wait to put an entry.

Learning about CalendarBudget?

* We monitor all CalendarBudget reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.