CalendarBudget

Maximize your wealth by tracking the past and planning the future

Work for CalendarBudget?
Oracleepmcloud logo  other finance admin  2x

Learning about CalendarBudget?

CalendarBudget Reviews

Ask CalendarBudget a Question
Showing 26 CalendarBudget reviews
CalendarBudget review by <span>Samantha H.</span>
Samantha H.

Fantastic, simple budgeting tool!

What do you like best?

I love how I can jump forward and see how my finances will look several months, or years, in the future. The categories also make it incredibly easy to use - just click which ones you want to see in the sidebar, and you can see at a glance what events are upcoming in your financial future. I also like the reminder emails - so convenient! I also love how you can have the calendar show your highest and lowest balance dates. The ability to manage multiple accounts in different tabs is awesome too. I've been using CalendarBudget for over 4 years and I can't imagine living without it!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I truly dislike about this app, but I do wish there were more color choices for categories. I also wish there was a way to sync with my bank, rather than having to download/import statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need a simple way to track your finances, and you like seeing them on a calendar, then this is the app you want!

I can plan future events/travel/expenses with confidence, knowing exactly how they're going to impact my cash flow. By inputting my financial data, I can forecast fairly accurately.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CalendarBudget
CalendarBudget review by <span>Nathan R.</span>
Nathan R.

Great tool for budgets that need more than a month lead time

What do you like best?

I finally found a budget tool that accommodates cash flow, my bi-weekly pay schedule, and the quarterly large expenses associated with farming and supporting a large family. I can tell 3 months out if one of my accounts will need extra attention, and where my resources will be. No other tool that I've found can do that!

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to work out how to tell if my I have "extra" funds in my accounts at the end of the month, because my situation does not lend well to monthly standard expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Cash flow problems are resolved. My expenses are front loaded at the beginning of each month, buy my paychecks are posted every other Friday. This had always caused a headache about how much cash do I need to keep in my checking account to make it through the first week of the month. Now I can tell well ahead of time if I'm okay or not.

Because of this visibility and long term planning, I don't need to check the balance of my checking account every day. I look at it two or three times a month now instead, and that's enough to keep things in good shape.

What Other Finance & Admin. solution do you use?

CalendarBudget review by <span>Robert Childs R.</span>
Robert Childs R.

A Great Real Life Budget Calendar

What do you like best?

I like best...The running tally of available funds on each day, this allows me to plan many months ahead for those large bills quarterly bills; not to mention see my available cash grow when I stick to budget. In addition, the ability to see every bill for the month or out years.

Now, I know there are a ton of other features. But, I honestly only use the calendar for laying out my bills.

What do you dislike?

Cannot say I have ever found a dislike in its performance or display.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not want to use the word, awesome, but it is awesome. If you need a budget or never had one, Calendar Budget will surprise you with the ease of its interface. And for those looking something less annoying than those spreadsheets, then Calendar Budget is for you. It is simply usable.

I real life Budget that meets our needs to live comfortably and plan for the future. ,

CalendarBudget review by <span>Ben K.</span>
Ben K.

The Intuitive Way to Budget Over Time

What do you like best?

Ease of creating and maintaining calendars that reflect my current, actual, finances as well as projections and goals - without being tied to a specific account.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky and sometimes I'm moving too fast, so an undo feature would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't connect CalendarBudget to you existing bank accounts (wish I feel better about) so it requires spending the time to keep your calendar(s) up to date manually. I normally spend about an hour a week.

But, honestly, I don't understand how someone can keep a budget that doesn't project future income and expenses on the dates those actions occur. I use it for personal bookkeeping and it is not part of my day-job. But I manage my band, which I treat like a small business (albeit not a financially sound one!). Calendar Budget has been crucial to the tracking of my expenses/income there as well as at home.

I have used several applications designed to help me keep a budget but most, like Mint, are set up for you to create goals and direct accounts to those goals. They have no association with time. And my financial needs are time-based.

Calendar Budget uses actual calendars so I know, at all times, exactly what money is coming and going out. I can easily project future income and expenses - exactly when they will occur - and change them on the fly. I can have multiple calendars so one keeps a real-time look at my finances while others can be used to set goals realistically. If I anticipate a large purchase in 6 months I can plan out exactly how to be ready to cover it. If I know that I’m getting a good tax return I can estimate how much income it will be and exactly when I’ll receive it.

I enter what I actually spend and plug in items like bills, maintenance costs and discretionary spending - so if you want a maintenance-free product this is not for you. But if you want a tool that can tell you not just where you might be in 1-5 years, but how you are going to actually use and need money tomorrow, next week, next month, etc, then Calendar Budget is the best I've seen.

CalendarBudget review by User in Retail
User in Retail

I update/input almost every single day, it has changed the way i look at my money

What do you like best?

Daily projections of my money. Being able to see how much money i will actually have if i just stick to my damn budget is life changing!

What do you dislike?

took a bit of getting use to, must learn to account for/ create certain allowances to help better predict projections. Once you realize entering and adjusting religiously you get the hang of it and do not have to iput as much...but i still love to check it everyday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first learn to input everything everyday, overtime you will start to learn your patterns and be able to lump the small/single inputs together

Spending on wants vs needs and adjusting pay-date/schedules to better suit my needs weekly. I have realized that i have a lot more wiggle room then i thought, instead of trying to pay everything at once i've learned what things I can just pay early to avoid being penniless later. A simple shift of pay schedules can meant the difference between having -$153 vs +$210. Though I am not using it for business purposes at the moment, I am a Project Management student and I can already see the many ways these projections are going to help with some upcoming assignments. I cant wait!

CalendarBudget review by <span>Kerry M.</span>
Kerry M.

CalendarBudget helped me change my bad habits

What do you like best?

CalendarBudget is very easy to use. I can set up recurring payments and move payments around based on my balance for that day. The calendar GUI I can see where I am for months in advance. My coworker and I discovered this app and have relied on it daily for about 4 years or so now.

What do you dislike?

We have found the only way to communicate with the developers is via twitter. They are responsive though. I wish there were more material about the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! I rely on it daily

Prior to using CalendarBudget I was very short-sited in my financial planning. I could only see what my current balance was and not how my spending affected my budget. CalendarBudget fixed that for me. I rely on CalendarBudget and would be in a world of hurt if I lost it.

Learning about CalendarBudget?

* We monitor all CalendarBudget reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.