CallidusCloud Commissions

4.0

CallidusCloud’s Commissions eliminates costly payment errors with automated commission calculation, models the impact of new incentives and plans resulting in tighter cash allocation, and manages retroactive changes to compensation plans.

Work for CallidusCloud Commissions?

Learning about CallidusCloud?

CallidusCloud Commissions Reviews

Ask CallidusCloud a Question
Showing 121 CallidusCloud reviews
CallidusCloud review by Lowel Travis B.
Lowel Travis B.

"CallidusCloud Commissions"

What do you like best?

The are many great features of this product. The ability to create multi, cross organizational relationships is probably the best one. This function has allowed us to implement new sales strategies that were impossible before.

Another great feature is the ease of use of the product. Our speed to market is no longer measured in months or weeks but in hours. Plan changes can be submitted in the morning, fully implemented, tested and delivered to the market that afternoon.

The last great feature is the CallidusCloud support team. They are available 24/7. They are always engaging and will work tireless to resolve any issue.

What do you dislike?

The product does require us to use specific versions of Java and Firefox on our local machines. This has caused issues with our IT department and firewall team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using the Callidus suite of products for over 11 years. 9 of those years was on premise. The last 2 have been using their cloud. I have seen a lot of vendors enter and leave the market over that span. Callidus has been a leader in this field because of their dedication to the customer and their product. The product is ever evolving based on what they learn from their customers. It is a great relationship.

We needed a more productive way to pay commissions. Our old process was slow, cumbersome, not cost effective and disliked by our auditors. The CallidusCloud product solved all these issues. Especially with the auditors. We pass all internal and external audits easily now.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CallidusCloud Commissions
CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"New to CallidusCloud"

What do you like best?

I like that the software allows you to track and retro calculate commissions if it needs to, and there is no restriction on how many times or how far back you can go (assuming that you have available data in the system).

What do you dislike?

There are some hidden bugs that relate to running the pipeline, and it is very sensitive in regards of what and when you are scheduling the pipeline. Also, software doesn't have commonly accepted functionality of backdating termed employee without doing some minor workarounds. Also, super big lack of documentation on user security and understanding of the system. You always get referred to community, but if you don't know what you are looking for, it is little bit difficult to search for proper information. Need to have a glossary of the software and detailed explanation of ALL user/customer responsible functionalities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation: Be sure to provide all aspects of your compensation plan. Also, be sure to ask upfront for all templates that were used to upload your data (ODI, Org Chart, Rate Tables, Look-up Tables, etc).

Eliminating the inaccuracy in calculation by using the excel models. Consistency in calculation. Visibility for sales reporting and their pay.

What Sales Compensation solution do you use?

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Consistenlty Gets the Job Done "

What do you like best?

- Flexibility of commission calculations: keeps up with all of our sales managers big ideas of how to drive sales via incentives plan design.

-Ability to customize the commission rules to support internal reporting.

-Easy to train staff on. There is a range of basic to advanced functions so staff at all technical levels can feel comfortable using the product but there is enough complexity at the deeper levels to keep people motivated to enhance processes and find new ways to pay.

What do you dislike?

-Troubleshooting is lacking: if a rule is written wrong sometimes it's time consuming to figure out why it doesn't work. If there was a rule diagnostic function it would be amazing.

-OnDemand Support: when smaller technical issues arise it can take awhile to log a case, get it picked up by support, then bring the person up to speed on your specific environment. Major issues are always worked on right away, but it's the smaller (but more frequent issues) that can be a drain on time/resources to get resolved.

-Having an automated system that can administer our complex and dynamic incentive plans, all while passing our internal audits, external audits, and SOX controls.

-Having a centralized database that holds all of our commission results instead of multiple excel spreadsheets.

-Benefits: consistently accurate calculations due to the automation leading to a satisfied distribution teams. Cost savings on customizing the system internally instead of needing outside consultants.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"A single platform for various comp plans"

What do you like best?

The system flexibility is certainly critical for us. Our comp plans vary widely from straightforward commission plans to discretionary pay plans with lots of variations in between. The ability to administer such a wide variety of comp plans on a single platform was what attracted us to this solutions

What do you dislike?

With such a wide variety of comp plans, a workflow tool was critical. We also use the Callidus Workflow tool and while we find it satisfactory for a simple workflow, designing more complex workflows in the tool can be just that, complex.

For us, the single platform was a must. Coming from having various disparate systems and excel spreadsheets supporting multiple business units to the goal of a administering all plans on a single platform. We are still in process, but the tool is working well.

CallidusCloud review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Regional Sales Director "

What do you like best?

Callidus Cloud allows for me to see each deal I've closed for the month and also hit the (+) expand button to see the product details or breakdown of each and the $ amounts associated with it.

What do you dislike?

I noticed sometimes there can be duplicative data. For example the same sales showing up accidentally twice.

Provides sales reps in the company with their current sales information as well as what their actual sales are vs. their monthly sales quota. The benefit is real time transparency into the deals that are booked/sold in the sales system so the rep and manager has the sales report to review in their 1:1's.

CallidusCloud review by Winston B.
Winston B.

"Quality Commission Counter"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to look up and find my commission. It even breaks it down to the individual sale per activation. The most impressive part about this program is that I am able to look up my commission freely and on my own time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it may take a couple of days for the commission to update. I also do not like how the commission website may be down days at a time. I wish the updating was done daily and also wish the website stayed online more than offline.

Having this software has increased our productivity. It has increased productivity by making commission goals and quotas more assessable to individuals. able to self help themselves regarding commission.

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"I've been using Callidus professionally for the past 6 years"

What do you like best?

Callidus Commissions is the market leader in the SPM space. I like how each step of the calculation is pre-defined, but configurable within each step.

What do you dislike?

As a former webmaster, I am picky about the interface. The new HTML5 interface is definitely a step in the right direction, but, I'd like to see better use of the available space. (for example, I'd like to be able to close some of the panes on the interface)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the callidus community. There's a lot of good resources there.

As an SPM professional, I have developed many different configurations of compensation plans with Callidus Commissions. It can handle anything I've tried to configure. I have also built some useful reporting based on the database schema in the back end.

CallidusCloud review by Suman K.
Suman K.

"Flexible Application"

What do you like best?

There are Multiple things I like about this application, below are some of the major ones:

- Date Tracking. Almost everything in the Application is Date Tracked, which gives a very good audit trail which one would like for compensation related application. In addition one can make changes impacting future calculations.

- Configurable: framework of Callidus allows one to configure the application as per you company need at the same time get benefits of Cloud application. What I meant to say is you define variables and for a variable you define another variable. Flexibility about rules, variables, classifiers, territory, lookup table on and on and on.

- Navigation and Functionality of Related Transaction: We have compared some other vendors but compared to them again I think this functionality is awesome, not going into the terms used in Callidus but for general people you can look for an Employee, find the transactions which impacted commission, then go to find the payment and deposit. "Related" Transaction functionality is nice. Results are most of the time easily exportable for further analysis, either single user or multiple user.

What do you dislike?

-Some aspects of Reporting: For employee to have more of dashboard and interactive reporting instead of running a PDF report. Also managers to have a comparative view of their direct report more in a dashboard fashion.

- Interface for Territory, we have a complicated territory structure so would love to have some easy way to manager it.

- Have a dedicated support team, something like a pool of support staff serving a particular number of customer therefore when we raise a support ticket they already know how we are configured and what kind of issues we raise and more then anything they know us and we know them :).

- Calculating Commission Correctly.

- Flexibility to Customize Plans and ability to Pay in Multiple Aspects, therefore having a motivated workforce.

- Not needing much support, something which can be enhanced and supported Internally therefore less cost.

CallidusCloud review by Sheldon B.
Sheldon B.

"slow, clunky, unintuitive "

What do you like best?

I'm not sure if there is anything that I particularly like about this application. I do admire how the system can be configured to do almost anything, but if the performance is poor, then there is no value gained anyways because nobody will use it.

What do you dislike?

Delays in searches, double clicking every GUI before it does anything, freeze ups, having to log out and log back in again just to pick up where I left off, Lookup Tables are horrible to update or populate, the interface doesn't always display what is in the lookup table cells, sometimes things disappear until you log out and log back in again to find that they magically reappeared.. The split screen is very tricky to click and drag, Searches don't always bring back results, even though there are results displayed in identical searches performed previously. It takes a long time to load up when first logging into Incentive Management.. I can keep going, but I'm getting frustrated thinking about how this thing is destroying my soul..

The ODI drop box holds some of our files in the "waiting" folder and the support staff can't explain "Why" this is happening.. speaking of support.. the front line support staff must be reading a script because the advice of "Clear your cache, reinstall java, close your browser, restart your machine, etc" are all bogus "solutions" - and I've heard that "solution" more than once already for different issues..

When support needs to speak with me, I book a specific time (EST) for them to call and then that timeframe passes and they call me while I"m in the middle of a meeting.. My experience with support is that I spend too much time trying to write descriptive tickets and they just respond with a copy paste of the support ticket and ask "Is this what you reported? .. can you please confirm?". - I provide attachments and they claim they can't see the attachments.. I go into the support ticket and there they are... another waste of time.. I'm not happy with the quality of the application and the service experienced from front line support. I've been working with IT solutions COTS and custom for over 15 years and this app is the most "challenging" to maintain my patience.. I bang my fist on my desk at least once a day because I am going crazy "waiting" for the screen to display data.. I have too much work to do and the interface just slows me down.. sorry for the brutal comments, but you wanted honesty! :-)

This system stresses me out!

overall I can't believe this UI is being used in the market and that Callidus still has any business..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your money and build your own, or check out competitors products

No problems have been solved yet.. we are still trying to get this "thing" implemented..

CallidusCloud review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"The only limit is your imagination"

What do you like best?

What i like best about Callidus TrueComp is that it can handle a ton of complicated calculations without too much effort. Anything the business needs can be translated into compensation rules with ease. Everything is possible, it just takes some patience to build the rules and then you are good to go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software requires java in order to run. Having to maintain an older version of Java in order to access the software is insecure as well as unreliable. At times the java will fail and you have to continue to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Callidus is continuing to progress, it is good to be with a company that will improve itself.

We are solving the problem of not having our processes automated. While our company is trying to move towards SOX compliance this is a huge help in preventing auditing risk.

The benefits we have realized that having things in a system like Callidus will save a ton of time for the employees that calculate commissions.

CallidusCloud review by Chinmay S.
Chinmay S.

"Market Leader in SPM"

What do you like best?

Callidus Could Commissions allows quick decision on commissions without any need for manual intervention or MS Excel.

Accurately and quickly calculates the commissions due.

The ability to version each Callidus objects without affecting previous versions.

Robust Commissions calculation engine

What do you dislike?

Callidus has an extremely lengthy period of downtime in between release dates.

Capability of importing Territories, RateTables is lacking.

Should have ability to change userid as required (last name change, marriage etc) & maintain the link to previous/existing reports.

Ease of creating crystal reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an Sales performance management application, Callidus is definitely the choice.

So far, this has been the recommendation by Gartner too.

Business problems solved-

- Enabling Sales reps - Sales reps have more details and information on their commissions being paid. It saves us time in not having to answer tons of questions because they now have the information.

Benefits Realized-

- Reduction in human error in commission calculation

- Can handle complex comm. calculation

CallidusCloud review by Craig B.
Craig B.

"CallidusClous Commission has ensured accurate payment of Commissions for our retailers"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of configuration of the tool, I have used the tool for over 12 years and have seen it go from strength to strength with it's innovation and addition of functions. I look forward to using the tool in the future.

The other thing I like best is the reliability of the product. Here we sometimes liken it to Ronseal as it does what it says on the tin.

our business users are very happy with the product and are using it to calculate commissions for further sales channels.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes over the years we have found ourselves in a position where we have had to change our strategy due to changes of the direction of the product and this has a times been a painful process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the market leader as identified by gartner, Callidus is the supplier for you

prior to using this product we were using an in house solution which required constant development every time a change was needed. This product allowed us to put the solution back in the hands of our business users to empower them to change things as the need arises. The system has also helped use get away from manual solutions to some aspects of the process taking away risk and increasing accuracy.

CallidusCloud review by David A.
David A.

"CallidusCloud Commissions = Life Saver"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is a single source of reporting and calculation has made it simpler to run a commission cycle and has created more trust with the sales team that their payments are correct.

What do you dislike?

There could be more flexibility in the reporting for the end user. This has been improving recently with new additions, but there is still room for growth to allow the end users more flexibility in their reports.

The main problem is that we were needing to more with less resources. Callidus has allowed us to process our commissions in a more timely fashion while allowing the flexibility to easily add different components. In the past, adding different SPIFFs or compensation structures, would have taken weeks to calculate and set up and with Callidus it can all be done in a day.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator

"Takes some getting used to, but well worth the effort"

What do you like best?

The sales force visibility via the customizable dashboards was a huge step up from our legacy monthly reporting. Making this visible with daily updates was the key to changing our comp. strategy and ultimately starting to drive behavior.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be cumbersome, and even with an implementation team, the learning curve on the system take a lot of time to be comfortable with. The secondary development workspace helps, but it takes at lease 6 months to feel truly useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Budget for good implementation, plan for ongoing support.

We changed our entire compensation plan for 2018, and showing daily progress on the dashboard has been essential for adoption.

CallidusCloud review by Jose B.
Jose B.

"Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

What I like best of CallidusCloud Commisions is their support. When ever I've had a question or needed guidance with something, their representatives were very attentive and thorough with their help.

What do you dislike?

There are daily emails for UAT, DEV and PROD notifying me of products being back online. I wish there were combined so they wouldn't fill up my inbox. However, I can see how they would want to make sure that there isn't a mix up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any product, make sure that you document processes and create How-To documents so that knowledge can be past on to new employees in your company.

My job is basically a Tier 2 support position. I'm very thankful that there hasn't been any issues that have been reported to me. CallidusCloud is a solid application, which makes my job easier. I'm also Tier 2 support for several other applications.

CallidusCloud review by Luis D.
Luis D.

"Callidus Cloud Commissions"

What do you like best?

Caveat: This is the first week of UAT.

Ease of navigation, UI interface, drop down menu's, point and click.

Hover messages over data displaying full details.

Walk me through tutorials.

Research module.

What do you dislike?

Multiple scroll bars for UI. should fit to page or one scroll bar.

Multiple cases of missing functionality.

Pagination without ability to select default.

Some drop down menus disappear even upon hovering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all requirements are met and not to be delivered.

Callidus has an extremely lengthy period of downtime in between release dates.

Callidus turnaround time for support calls are not as timely as required.

NetSuite ticketing system for support is quite good.

Commissions will be better than Incentive Management.

Java dependency, even for offshore teams.

No benefits at this time, ease of use and increased system performance is negated by the missing functionality. There are multiple workarounds.

CallidusCloud review by Kalairaj P.
Kalairaj P.

"Good Commissioning Tool"

What do you like best?

It's an all in one tool. The Truecomp manager is more improved and Report generation is so quick. I have used this tool to make commissions paid to vendor automatically rather than manual excel calculations. Crystal reports dynamic publication using callidus is pretty easy. Coding in trucomp is not that complex. Best UI in the latest version.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the performance of the tool is slow. When you publish reports multiple times here, the publication process takes much time. Some times you need to call the support to kill the process and start over again. Support team takes it own time to fix the issues raised. Truecomp manager some times crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in class tool in the Market. Would definitely refer, but depends on budget of your business.

Complete Automation. No manual intervention. No need of Excel. Accurate commissions paid to vendors. Overall its a promising tool

CallidusCloud review by Cristian A.
Cristian A.

"Commissions"

What do you like best?

I work daily with Callidus Commissions, it is flexible, dynamic and very reliable, I recommend it to pay commissions for employees, clients and companies.

What do you dislike?

You need a fast internet connection cause Callidus is in the cloud. It is a requirement for not delay the application in bringing the results. Sometimes you have to wait to see the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I recommend it

All Directv payments are made with Callidus, almost all payment issues are resolved with Callidus Cloud

CallidusCloud review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"CallidusCloud Comissions solves sales related issues"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about CallidusCloud is how its able to help with all my sales, marketing and management needs all in one place. This has saved a great deal of time and money for our company. I also really like the pricepoint of this software, with plans starting at just $45 its an amazing deal.

What do you dislike?

Although i love the price for this product one thing that I really really dislike is the fact that the plans are billed annually. As many business struggle to meet daily expenses its sometimes tough to pay for an entire year upfront. But other than that its a great product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a great product and extremely cheap for all the features that are provided.

CallidusCloud has solved the problem of communication between our sales, marketing and management teams by allowing everyone to work with the same software. This has

CallidusCloud review by Heidi S.
Heidi S.

"Long time callidus user"

What do you like best?

Besides the ability access the application from anywhere, one of the best features is how easy it is to move through the different components of the application.

What do you dislike?

One of the aspects I dislike is the dependency on an older version of Java within the Reporting & Analytics section. If you have a Java version higher than 1.8.0_91 installed, you cannot edit existing Web Intelligence reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to others considering CallidusCloud Commissions is make sure that all areas that will use and benefit from the software are included in the design decisions.

Using CallidusCloud Commissions has allowed us to create more efficient reporting for senior management.

CallidusCloud review by Raju C.
Raju C.

"Most Reliable Incentive Calculation Engine for JPMC"

What do you like best?

- Configurable Rule Engine that is very reliable and accurate

- Public and Private Cloud support provides options for deployment

- Improved nightly batch processing that can scale to large number of payees and transactions

- Leverage industry standard ETL engine and reporting engine

- Balance management and effective dating that allows in accurate prior period processing

- Support from the company in case of any issues is very timely

What do you dislike?

- Integration with new workflow tool is still a work in progress

- Inbuilt Communicator is very basic and could use some enhancements

Recommendations to others considering the product

- First focus on process and identify all manual processing

- Identify all data feeds and score based on automation possibilities

- Standardize Plan Documents and administrative guidelines

Business Problems:

- Implement a highly regulated end to end Plan design to payout process using Callidus

- Support large number of payees and participants that require daily processing and scale effectively

- Support for prior period processing

- Eliminate errors in pay files and reduce overpayment by leveraging corporate HR Event processing

- Leverage workflow to support feeds that are not automated

Realized Benefits:

- Single system, process that governs incentive payout across the various businesses

- Timely employee event handling that is tied to corporate HR systems

- Decommissioning manual process and legacy systems

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Super Flexible, End User Experience Lacking"

What do you like best?

The comp plan rules are very powerful and allow a ton of flexibility in calculations. When rolling out SPIFFs or plans for the new year, we require quick and accurate execution. Callidus accommodates this.

Ad-hoc reporting for an admin is relatively customization (with SQL) and runs in real time. This allows for endless analytic review options and helps us to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

The non-admin (ie. end user) interface and reporting capabilities looks archaic. We rely on Crystal reports, which are limited in format and look/feel. We had to do a ton of customization to get what we needed for the end user reports. The end user inevitably gets the data they need, but the presentation and flexibility (ie. drill-down) could be nicer and more out-of-the-box.

We calculate both field comp (ie. sales, engineers, PS, training) and partner/channel benefits out of the system. Because pipelines run quickly and reliably, we are able to present an almost real-time view of bookings/credits and resulting compensation. In our previous system, a real-time view would not have been possible.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Game Changer to running your business"

What do you like best?

* Streamlines the process around all aspects of sales compensation - plan distribution, data readiness, calculations, compensation statements, issue resolution

* Ability to effective date in order to align with business changes

* Allows you to scale your business and continue to get payments done accurately, on time, and efficiently

* Excellent customer service from account rep to implementation team to support

* Robust solution that can handle any complex calculation

* Reliability of the product - Peace of mind executing on commissions without running into product issues

What do you dislike?

* Lack of integration to their Territory & Quota product

* Lack of flexibility to change the look, feel, and format of commissions statements on your own

Recommendations to others considering the product

Design everything that you want to the system to do so that you can implement everything that will help you go forward.

* Simple tasks such as plan distribution and tracking are streamlined and simplified. This is a significant time savings from an administration standpoint

* Ability to run complete commissions process with a single administrator, compared to multiple headcount prior when running manual process

* Removal of human error in calculations

* Time savings to produce commissions statements that are accurate and timely

* Providing visibility to sales staff - They know why they are getting paid what they are getting paid and can drill down to the details

CallidusCloud review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Not The Worst, But Not the Best"

What do you like best?

I really like the concept of Callidus - being able to automatically track sales commissions is great.

What do you dislike?

When I used it, it was never completely accurate, so I was still keeping excel spreadsheets to double/triple check commissions. This would not be a big deal if I could easily keep track as to why our commissions would be off, but there never seemed to be a rhyme or reason as to why information would populate from our system into Callidus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used it recently - we switched to Xactly. I do think this is useful if your commissions are smaller or less frequent.

The goal was so eliminate using Excel spreadsheets combined with reports from our CRM to manage commissions. While this helped, we would have truly solved problems and saved time if it was more accurate.

CallidusCloud review by John P.
John P.

"On-Premise Customer in process of moving to On-Demand Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Performs our calculations in a timely manner. Easy to add additional groups of payees. Flexible calculation methods.

What do you dislike?

The On-Premise version requires old JRE version to run instead of allowing for backwards compatibility. Our brief experience with the On-Demand version so far is that the JRE version no longer matters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Involve Callidus Solutions Architecture Consultants when you have difficult calculation situations. Also good to involve them at the beginning of a brand new implementation to get it started in the right direction.

Paying and Billing Partners, Calculating royalty and payments and other revenue sharing payments.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Intuitive and Flexible"

What do you like best?

The Callidus Commission UI is a breeze to navigate! Very intuitive to work with all aspects of the comp plans and position/participant records.

What do you dislike?

While the UI is GREAT, I wish the reporting was a bit more flexible. For example, we would like to display earnings over a quarter, or a year, but because we pay Bi-Weekly, the system is unable to do so.

Callidus Commissions processes our bi-weekly commission calculations and produces an easy to understand report for our Sales team to consume.

CallidusCloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Callidus gives me transparency to my commission payouts"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that i can see what my commission is ahead of pay cycle so i can correct if needed

What do you dislike?

the old crystal reports - those need updating but my company implemented a separate mobile dashboard that extracts the data so it's not a big deal

Recommendations to others considering the product

my old company i had to email someone about my commissions - if you want to give your sales people piece of mind, then go with callidus!

digitization of commission payouts and transparency to sales people

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Commissions and Incentives all in one place"

What do you like best?

Having the opportunity to have people records with their respective positions and also the company titles and also have the ability to have all the transactional information in only one place makes the commissioning work so much easier.

Since you have all this information and more in only one place, you don't need to go and search information over different systems like HR and financial systems.

Also you can import information using different methods, like upload templates or ODI Files, export information using csvs, and much more.

This is a great opportunity to use a great and easy to manage system.

What do you dislike?

No dislike topics in my opinion about Callidus

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this product and you will find all the benefits you have with it.

No business problems. Callidus tech support helps you solve any roadblock you may find.

CallidusCloud review by Buddy P.
Buddy P.

"Complexity solved! Manual process gone!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the product. The ease of use for the administrators to end users (payees). The ability to handle complexity is by far above and beyond any of their competitors! Callidus' teams internal with their BPO/Managed Services are fantastic!

What do you dislike?

The standard dashboard dials for the show up for a payee within their personal dashboard does not have the most dynamic visuals coming out of box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to current customers that use the product today, most (if not all) are willing to give excellent feedback on the tips, tricks, and successes.

Moving away from manual commission processing, better reporting, better visibility to the field sales, less shadow accounting and most importantly accuracy. Our sales teams have improved their attainments YoY, to bring higher revenue of over 100m

CallidusCloud review by Alessandro M.
Alessandro M.

"Callidus Cloud - Incentive and Compensation Management"

What do you like best?

Native integration with Sales Force.com. Easy and intuitive incentive management dashboard. Schedule A approval. Commission Quota dashboard. Schedula A automatic generation and distribution. Flexibility on setup assignment rules

What do you dislike?

Mostly of the setup is done by FLAT File load.

We have to calculate commission very month around the world for 1000 sales rep. With all the assignments, overlays and plan letters setup in Callidus we are able to perform the operation in a very short time.

CallidusCloud review by Chance M.
Chance M.

"Callidus Commissions - Good Solution For Complex Plans"

What do you like best?

I've been using Callidus for over a year now and I've had a chance to implement the product for a few of our commission calculations. We chose Callidus because of their ability to calculate some of the complex compensation structures we have.

Some of the strengths are:

-The software can handle just about any calculation as long as we have the data to support it.

-Callidus can handle many different variations of the different plans we have, all the way to the individual employee level if needed.

-Callidus can handle large data loads and calculates the commission fairly quickly.

-Changes to a payscale are fairly easy depending on the complexity of the change.

What do you dislike?

The user-interface took a little getting used to. There is a little bit of a learning curve to learn the navigation. (Once you have the navigation down, it's fine)

We have occasional down times and the performance could be a little better.

I have been a little disappointed with the limitation of exporting 3,000 line items from the credits area. (I use this when auditing the result when there is a change to a payscale)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of any of the unique things about your commission structure and ask how Callidus can accommodate your needs. We selected Callidus by going through some of our unique needs with the different vendors we looked at.

-Callidus gives us an audit trail for any changes made to the plans

-Callidus helped us to automate the commission cycle and move away from manual calculations

-Callidus has given us some reporting ability to employees and accounting that we haven't had in the past.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Functional, but Completely Misses the Mark on Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The tool itself works and is robust. Provides data centers and protection that meet EU requirements.

What do you dislike?

Service & Support - missed handoffs, blown deadlines and delays in remedying issues or handling simple requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it all in writing ... every last conversation. (Especially about the project scoping.) Define to the last detail what "out of the box" means. Get examples of every table, report, dashboard, etc... work backward from reporting needs to building your plan rules.

Sales rep visibility to key metrics and pay is increased. Reliable algorithms replace ad-hoc spreadsheets and databases for increased repeatability.

CallidusCloud review by ana  b.
ana b.

"Easy to use and convenient "

What do you like best?

Callidus works as a sales compensation solution and helps us manage sales compensation plans.

What do you dislike?

Processing commissions and updating reports take a while

none

CallidusCloud review by Bryce S.
Bryce S.

"Callidus has put me in the Clouds"

What do you like best?

Callidus has allowed me to better manage and calculate commissions. I am able to create and run reports that I never was able to before. It has improved my calculations and ability to provide details to sales reps on their commissions.

What do you dislike?

It was kind of hard to navigate at first but I got used to it fairly fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CallidusCloud was able to get rid of the human error part of our commissions calculations. It offers fast and accurate calculations and reports

Sales reps have more details and information on their commissions that they are paid. It saves me time in not having to answer tons of questions because they now have the information for themselves. It has also reduced the amount of human error in the calculation.

CallidusCloud review by Walt B.
Walt B.

"Callidus has been the market leader since 1999"

What do you like best?

Powerful crediting engine, fast calculation

What do you dislike?

No custom tables possible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Callidus is a Ferrarri. You need Ferrarri mechanics. It is super-powerful but not simple nor easy. Hire a hands-on technical architect who works for your company directly and is loyal to you, who will keep the project on-track and the implemenation team honest.

Over the past 16 years implementing Callidus, I've worked in a variety of industries: Life Science, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Bio-Pharma, High Tech, Manufacturing, Brokerage

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Powerful and configurable Commission Application"

What do you like best?

1) Almost anything is configurable by end-user without core IT intervention

2) Multi-dimensional Lookup Tables can provide complex logical groupings and banding based commission structure

3) New "IsRunnable" feature minimizing runtimes and improving relevance of contracts to be processed

4) Productized Stagehooks

5) Ability to run incremental or full pipelines

6) Knowledge of Customer Support

What do you dislike?

1) User Interface seems crammed and almost always requires scrolling and "wait-times"

2) Un-intuitive "View Date" Based displays

3) No User Interface in the base Product showing integration/synchronization with other Product databases like ProducerPro

1) Long Batch Cycle times have been cut down

2) Legacy Mainframe solutions have been modernized

3) Infrastructure footprint eliminated by moving to Cloud based application

CallidusCloud review by Nathan L.
Nathan L.

"Made a tedious process so much more manageable. "

What do you like best?

The fact that all rules related to our complex commissions structure now can be rolled through, without the tedious task of manually calculating with excel as in years past

What do you dislike?

Reporting available to our sales staff, and seas of operation. Do not like that we have to use a different browser specifically so CallidusCloud will work (FireFox)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our commissions model is extremely complex, and as such I had my reservations about CallidusCloud being able to handle the complexity of our business model. I no longer have to worry about triple checking manual calculations to ensure commissions are paid correctly.

The "human error" that exists today with our manual calculation. Reporting commissions results to sales staff accurately.

CallidusCloud review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Incentive Management Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to mass update people's rates, minimum wage hours, managers, etc. with an import. No more manually tracking and updating these, you can update things with one import and then just manage the changes one by one.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to learn at first, the learning curve is always hard with a new system. There are several features that work but take several steps to get where you need to go. For example, getting to the calendar you want to go to takes several clicks of the mouse to get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is the callidus "expert" in your company. We have a callidus analyst who works directly with the callidus support group and he is generally our go-to as we learn how to use and implement the software. Then if there is a question that he can't answer or request that he can't implement on his own he'll go to Callidus directly.

Rids us of manual processes. My job changed from actually calculating the payroll each week to instead managing the callidus system and make sure that callidus has the correct rules to do the calculating. There isless manual calculating which is necessary as our company is growing so we become SOX compliant.

CallidusCloud review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Commissions Tool Rocks"

What do you like best?

Commission calculation and representative allocation is extremely efficient and accurate.

What do you dislike?

Challenging to manage crediting rules in absence of additional training. This will be rectified through direct training sessions with the Callidus team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to invest a lot of time on the front-end of planning the project. Don't rush into "go live" for the sake of rolling out by a specific target date. It's much more important to get it right the first time around.

Incorrect credit allocations to sales representatives inspire confidence in the sales team and make them more motivated to achieve.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator

"5 Stars.....Product Innovation!"

What do you like best?

Working with David Painter! He is always very responsive and available to meet our business needs. It is not unusual for me to have a last minute request outside of requirements (oops) and he never falters to provide 100% customer satisfaction.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to complete the set up/configuration of the system features (reports, plan rates..). I am coming up to speed, but find it very complex. I rely heavily upon the support team for answers for which I am glad they are there, but wish they had more knowledge on our product to assist me.

Still a work in progress!

CallidusCloud review by Diana C.
Diana C.

"Flexible and Great!"

What do you like best?

The possibilities available are a good.

The menus are very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The search is sometimes slow

There are some errors in the database that need to be reported by the client to fix it.

We solve the payments and reports regarding various countries for Vodafone Global Enterprise.

The friendly menus are very attractive and multifunctional, providing a good way to work with Callidus Commissions.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great product with great felxibility."

What do you like best?

If you think of a commissioning plan, it can be implemented using CallidusCloud. following features are best: 1> easily maintainable hierarchy- products, customer, etc. 2> Templates for loading external data of large volume.

What do you dislike?

As cloud solution, storage has a cap as per contract. Required detailed info on the reports storage usage. When we hit the wall on storage, and a big percentage was from reports, there is no way to get which report is consuming what amount of storage in a shared environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with great flexibility.

Several commissioning plans are implemented using Callidus cloud.

CallidusCloud review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Commissioning System to consider"

What do you like best?

There are not a whole lot of cloud commissioning solutions available today but Calldus does allow you to code your organizations rules to better fit the needs.

What do you dislike?

Complexity in writing the rules

Rigid to change

Reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly a need in the market today for solutions such as Callidus Cloud and am sure there is going to wide adoption for such services.

Personally I would prefer a solution much more well integrated with a wide list of systems that would allow the reporting of such data.

Commissioning for sales made by field sales

CallidusCloud review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"Commissions has helped us become so much more efficient"

What do you like best?

the flexibility and integrations plus the help we received from Manager Serivices to ensure all processes run smoothly and accurately for us

What do you dislike?

not much! Would be nice to know more how we can leverage territory and quota, but it seems we're just hitting a stage where this could be helpful. Commisussions itself, is intuitive and the UI is becoming better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

provide feedback, it will be heard!

assign advertising revenue to the right people then, pace and report frequently and accurately

CallidusCloud review by Babu R.
Babu R.

"Callidus cloud helps to improve our process and payroll accuracy"

What do you like best?

Communicator is a good tool for disputes. Improved pipeline runs and reporting

What do you dislike?

Communicator needs to improved. Portal down time issues. Grid server memory issues

We resolved different payment cycle issues. It helps to keep managers and reps on different pay cycles.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Experience with Callidus"

What do you like best?

The commission calculation engine is powerful and robust to derive commissions. This is needs less tweaking in the engine to ensure the commissions are calculated and meets the SLA commitment as they agreed on . They try to go little more than they committed to deliver the solution.

New UI released as part of 15.2 release is fabulous and very user friendly

What do you dislike?

- Use vanilla product if customization is implemented in SAAS solution it will hard while doing upgrades

-Territory assignment and participant data load is needed to get kudos for this product

- Workflow product needs more integration improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Robust Commissions engine

-customer experience

- Paying commissions

- publishing commission reports to sales participants

CallidusCloud review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Callidus is great"

What do you like best?

Callidus is very customizable for just about any need. Our organization has a very complex comp structure, and Callidus allows us the versatility we need to do it right.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any negative comments about Callidus other than I wish it integrated directly into Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest taking advantage of all the features available. It's easily to overlook something thinking you don't need it when really it is exactly what you need.

Our main problems solved involve all of commission errors that existed previously in our business. We have more confidence from our sales force, and we can deliver a quicker turnaround when comp models change.

CallidusCloud review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Implementation and additional customizations were costly and not ideally implemented"

What do you like best?

It works once it is set up. It supported our commission needs and was single sign on with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The initial implementation was long and costly. Not sure the exact fault, but it is a combination of our employee not fully understanding the comp plan requirements and the Callidus project manager not escalating the issue and just implementing the software in a way that was not scalable. Then subsequent implementations cost a significant amount everytime there is a comp plan change. Software is not self-service enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have a internal expert involved in the implementation and think of how to scale for future plan changes.

Trying to automate commission and make it accurate. The end result was automated commission and it was mostly accurate. It was also not designed to scale and costs a lot to handle any comp plan changes.

CallidusCloud review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of use for the end user

What do you dislike?

Updates can sometimes interfere with custom reports

This system is replacing a homegrown commissions system, which is an improvement. It allows us to implement complex bonus structures and compensation plans

"Evolving with commissions"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; future releases innovations

What do you dislike?

search results limitation (pages, having to select next, not being able to view all transactions in one screen)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scalable application; great for complex sales structures; Robust rules calculation ability;

consolidation of business units into one application - Commissions enabled better reporting and analysis

complex hierarchy - Commissions enabled better calculation and audit ability within the application for the operational team

Learning about CallidusCloud Commissions?

* We monitor all CallidusCloud Commissions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.