CallidusCloud CPQ

Work for CallidusCloud CPQ?

Learning about CallidusCloud?

CallidusCloud CPQ Reviews

Ask CallidusCloud a Question
Showing 40 CallidusCloud reviews
CallidusCloud review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Callidus Cloud CPQ"

What do you like best?

I liked how simple and straight forward it was to use. It truly helped by managing high level configurations as requested by the customers. It put the customers first and helped them to determine the prices of variables by monitoring and analyzing a wide range of variables.

What do you dislike?

It was not great to use in a group setting and it was hard to present with. While it helped to make it easier for customers, it could only help one customer's problem at a time and not a group of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CPQ can be used by sales people to help customers, or with the help of ecommerce applications, it can be used by the customers themselves. It is very flexible but it could be cheaper.

It is great to keep all of my information in one place and to keep organized. The software can be useful if the price of the product or service depends on the configuration, or if the pricing method is too complicated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CallidusCloud CPQ
CallidusCloud review by Ross E.
Ross E.

"A solid web-based solution that is not native to a CRM solution"

What do you like best?

Compared to most systems, the back end of Callidus has proved to be easy to configure without coding. Additionally, only half of our team use CRM and so the web portal login without CRM reliance is a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

The integration is set to work best with Salesforce and this requires the Enterprise licence to allow 2-way API connectivity. As a Dynamics user, this integration is still ongoing with their team although I believe that it will be "out of the box" before the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow time in your diary to analyse the structure of how you want to build the system from the ground up. Also ensure that you demonstrate your current system to Callidus during the sales process so that you know what you can configure and what will require the help of their paid professional services team. We were offered 3 half day remote workshops but have actually taken a day of onsite professional services support at our offices.

We have removed all server based solutions allowing remote access for our teams working around the world. The ability to create new reports that reflect our branding has saved about a day of sales time per week and the upcoming integration of Callidus with our CRM will save a further two days of manual updating our opportunities as projects progress.

What CPQ solution do you use?

CallidusCloud review by otis f.
otis f.

"Tracking your commissions "

What do you like best?

I’m able to check on my sales to see when they close and tasked properly.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t have no dislikes about the program. If I do I will post it.

Track my progression as jobs are sold and closed

CallidusCloud review by Juan P.
Juan P.

"Callidus Cloud CPQ"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of Callidus is great but that is only if the system has been set up accurately. I like the ability to add items in seconds as well as having the flexibility of multiple price lists. They system has worked well with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Support and project management teams. We've had multiple personnel changes during the initial set up to both CPQ systems. Training is dismal at best...I have asked for additional training and none is available. Callidus is so robust but without having the product knowledge is really hard to take advantage of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the right project managers and Business Analyst are set in place.

Quoting has improved compared to our prior quoting tool. The flexibility of the system is great to have.

CallidusCloud review by S R.
S R.

"Senior Design Engineer ABB"

What do you like best?

The people that I work with from Callidus.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having a guide to help me find certain issues or errors that produce inaccurate data. But I inherited a project so maybe that is the issue for me. I also do not like the WorkFlow site. It is confusing at times and it does allow for spell check or adding screen shots like I can do with a simple email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you go into any endeavor make sure you have a plan in place. If you are configuring a product I feel the best way is to use tables and the write rules to look up the values of the attribute that the user has selected. Tables make it much easier to maintain your configurator and to make changes than it would be if one wrote all sorts of complicated rules to build a particular configured product.

Also you must be willing to have a person commited to your project. This is not something that is a part time job. Not in the beginning at least. Why place such high importance on this if you are not will to have a dedicated person in place.

We a providing an Online Configuration of ABB Low Voltage Enclosed Starters. Having a configurator for customers and potential customers to use has greatly improved or visibility in the market and has significantly increased our enclosed starter Business

CallidusCloud review by Zoe d.
Zoe d.

"CallidusCloud Makes It Easy"

What do you like best?

Everything is all in the same place, the layout is clean and simple to use. When issues had come up in the past the support was really helpful and quick to get us back on our feet. Not a lot of down time

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website was a little clunky.

More people in our company now have access to different files. Easier to share files.

CallidusCloud review by Jeffry S.
Jeffry S.

"Incredible Software. Wouldn't consider working without it."

What do you like best?

The software in incredibly flexible and intuitive. If you take the time to understand how data moves through your organization, this software can take your company to the next level without a doubt.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's brilliant. There is nothing that I currently see that I would say I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how data moves through your business [intimately]. Involve your sales team, your marketing team, and your CFO - so you can get everyone's requirements and input. Keep your development team small so you avoid scope creep. Ensure that your IT people LISTEN to the sales and marketing team before they start programming. Have regularly scheduled progress/review meetings to ensure milestones are met and the direction is functionally correct.

This allowed my team to take the complex process of custom configuring our quotes from a laborious process to one that takes literally 10 minutes. In this economy - when time is of the essence, our sales professionals are the first one with a professional [and accurate] quote in the hands of our customers. We close more deals. We look more professional. We set our goals higher.

"Callidus in a nutshell"

What do you like best?

Callidus is an easy to use and navigate software program that allows me to easily see my current pay and past pay statements.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if the software an app for my iPhone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to have an easy to use iPhone app.

I can quickly and easily access my sales and pay on one website.

CallidusCloud review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Best In Class CPQ System"

What do you like best?

In addition to the built-in Rules Engine in the Callidus CPQ application is a very powerful Iron Python Scripting system. Developers can utilize Iron Python to execute functionality beyond what is possible using the Rules Engine expression builder. This feature elevates the product from the field of competitors and provides virtually limitless development capabilities when building customer solutions.

What do you dislike?

There are few things that I dislike with the product but if forced to choose something I might prefer better integration with other products from the Callidus portfolio. For example, Callidus offers an excellent contract life cycle management application although the integration between this application CPQ could be improved such that quotes generated from CPQ could observe rules based on items currently under contract from a given customer. This can all be accomplished via the rules engine and scripting interface but better out-of-the-box integration between these two products would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No other product matches Callidus CPQ in terms of price, extensibiity and breadth of features. We have thoroughly evaluated all CPQ products. The Iron Python scripting system puts CPQ over the top.

The primary business problem that we have solved is allowing customer to generate quotes that observe their contract terms. For example, our solutions provide for contract renewals, contract upgrades, migrations etc. This can be very difficult to accomplish in other systems but with Callidus CPQ we can do it quite easily. Many companies could benefit from the CPQ application, so the key is just making them aware of the possibilities.

CallidusCloud review by User in Computer Software

"Solid and Seamless CPQ tool"

What do you like best?

The CallidusCloud CPQ tool is easy to use and seamless. It's very easy to scroll through the catalog with pictures and quote things out accordingly.

What do you dislike?

For larger quotes, sometimes it takes a little longer than expected. Also if you quote something in with hardware/software, you can't change a specific line item, you have to change the entire item

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using the product, i've had a good experience with it. I haven't faced many specific issues with the product itself.

We are solving the troubles that companies have with quoting accurately. The benefits are a streamlined quote process that provides accurate forecasting for the company.

CallidusCloud review by Sergey L.
Sergey L.

"Frustrating"

What do you like best?

Relatively simple (at first) but has broad range of options.

What do you dislike?

It's a great tool for setting up a SIMPLE configuration program. It may also be a good tool for Iron Python coders. But to design even a somewhat complex program, without using Iron Python and relying on the CPQ language leads one to discover many holes, inconsistencies, and instability of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use for simple programs. If more complex, be careful, and learn Iron Python.

Sales Configurator for our Reps. Once a program is set up, it does save a lot of time compared to manual quotes.

CallidusCloud review by Shawn M.
Shawn M.

"Flexible and complex quoting tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is very flexible and has a lot of features.

What do you dislike?

The support describing how things work is not very strong.

We use it for quoting complex configured equipment globally with prices dynamically linked to our ERP. We've been able to accomplish this with this product.

CallidusCloud review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"Solid predictable quoting tool"

What do you like best?

Consistency and business rules. Approval on mobile.

What do you dislike?

Seemed like it took longer than expected for our team to setup and test. The intuitiveness of the user interface could also be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan it out. Take your time to implement it right. Yes it out well before go-live so there's few surprises.

Used CPQ for our quoting process to replace excel pricing sheet/tool and email approvals process.

"All in one "

What do you like best?

I like the ala carte menu you can drill down into multiple levels to find what you want. Like you can partially search for items and returns seem to be accurate/in the right area

What do you dislike?

Its new to me, I don't mind for not being able to delete a quote currently.

I'm able to see, pick and select a wider range of products for my customers quote. The benefits have started but it's an " all in one" stop for me. Able to have all the documents I might need in one customer file is nice.

CallidusCloud review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Developing tool for Configure Price Quote"

What do you like best?

Product Catalog & Pricing mechanism in CPQ is very good.

The UI is easy to work upon .

The Admin rights are good enough to handle end user request

What do you dislike?

Document Generation,

Limited functionality on reports and dashboard is really an issue.

Product heirarchy leads to latency issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please reach out to Callidius Support team for assist on initiall design and build to help you through the initial stages of your setup.

CRM setup if needed needs to be setup with proper design as rework would be cumbersome.

Ease of business by allowing our sales users to complete the quote process in record time

CallidusCloud review by Gabrielle M.
Gabrielle M.

"Pleasant experience all around "

What do you like best?

It is versatile and includes the important aspects of the job we often forget.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough ways to track the activities.

It takes away the time we would wait for leads etc.

CallidusCloud review by Ankit G.
Ankit G.

"Calliduscloud CPQ"

What do you like best?

As the descption mentioned "CallidusCloud’s CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) maximizes deal revenue, protects margin and generates a professional proposal in seconds." Yes it really does it in very short time. Pretty flexible and works well with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Training and documentation can be much better.

I worked as a integration consultant and explored this for one of client to integrate it with salesforce.

CallidusCloud review by Sapan S.
Sapan S.

"CallidusCloud Review"

What do you like best?

The Key Attribute where the values of one product can be used in different product and the newly implemented Paython Script feature, Python Script is the most interesting and useful feature in CallidusCloud CPQ as per my understanding because it allows admins to write the codes in very much easiar way.

What do you dislike?

The Slowness of the CPQ application, while configuring the quote with multiple products.

Worked on latency improvement, removed all the unused rules, attributes, scripts. improved the existing scripts, merged rules, so that the qutoe cresation runs smoothly.

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Maritime
Consultant in Maritime

"Easy to implement"

What do you like best?

Product is easy to understand and logic can be easily implemented

What do you dislike?

Display is still US Based (e.g. Date format), should be more flexible for international market.

Not much explanation on the functions used on what each one is used for.

E.g. user has to guess what GEQ means. For users with programming background it will be easy to guess what it means, however it maybe hard for those without any programming knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to implement.

Quotation page for clients.

- Easier quotation calculation for Client's sales team

- Easier work ticket for Client's operation team to handle

- Easier for Client's customer to do their own quotation if necessary

- A single repository for all products pricing and cost

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Consultant in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"CPQ Review - Rob Compton / Schneider"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating quotes and packages.

Good workflow.

What do you dislike?

Rule-writing is not robust enough.

Codeing of rules does not allow good structure or commenting which would help with troubleshooting down the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good plan - takes a while to get set up for complex problems. Need a good team to set it up. Become expert in the tool to minimize reliance on Callidus.

Generating quotes for complex parts and devices. Much quicker for non-expert users to get pricing and generate proposal packages.

"Calliduscloud CPQ"

What do you like best?

Callidus Cloud CPQ is easy to understand and logic can be easily implemented. Product description mentioned in g2Crowd here is perfect. "CallidusCloud’s CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) maximizes deal revenue, protects margin and generates a professional proposal in seconds." Pretty flexible and works well with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Documentation lacks somewhere and can be improved for easy use for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice tool, worth a try

As an integration consultant in our company, explored this for one of client to integrate it with salesforce.

CallidusCloud review by Saffat J.
Saffat J.

"Not a Good interagion with salesforce"

What do you like best?

powerful tools can be customized. many approval steps can be added.

What do you dislike?

integration causes errors and hard to troubleshoot

quote and complicated approval for business

"Callidus Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the accessibility and speed of use

What do you dislike?

It gets a little too complicated sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

sure thing

I'm helping customers and my company

CallidusCloud review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Solid and Reliable!"

What do you like best?

CallidusCloud is great because of the flexibility. I would 100% recommend it in paying out commissions.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to get used to, but once you are ramped-up there is no switching to another.

I'ts a single system that everyone in our company can use-- making it way more effective in direct payments.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"CPQ Review"

What do you like best?

I can fulfill customer requirements with CPQ

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is VERY complicated. You need to be proficient in Python and the internal scripting: just a hill to climb

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in, it works greate

Reduce time to quote, increase accuracy

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"A good system developed by a poorly managed company"

What do you like best?

I have experience using other CPQ systems. UI is better than most of the other CPQ's out there. Standard functionality can be used in majority of situations.

What do you dislike?

Support. With the exception of very few resources, majority of them dont have a clue what they are talking about.

Communication from the company is very poor. Its like they dont even bother after they sell the product.

Quote creation and Document generation have become easy with this tool

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Feature rich and flexible offering to streamline the pitch to contract process"

What do you like best?

Every facet of CPQ is exposed to the administrators for customization.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more control over the security and servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a consulting team to assist with large and complex implementations.

Using CPQ to produce proposals and quotations for customers eliminates the use of spreadsheets and document edits that took too much time.

CallidusCloud review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Good experience with Callidus CPQ"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for end users

Improve productivity

Simplify and better control of products selection and their dependencies in the quoting process

What do you dislike?

Quote's approval process needs major improvement. Needs to support approval via emails

Implement CPQ quoting system to improve productivity and user experiences. Support more complex products

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Viewing my sold reports along with commissions at ease with the software.

What do you dislike?

It seems as if it hasn’t been updated in a long time. OS seems dated

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great software for keeping track of records.

Able to organize and easily access prior sales and commissions.

CallidusCloud review by Romeo K.
Romeo K.

"KP Callidus Review"

What do you like best?

Good performance, robust features. It also seems to have s stabilized over the course of the past year.

What do you dislike?

Poor support. The support team is often not on the same page as the professional services.

Pay our brokers

CallidusCloud review by Jeffrey F.
Jeffrey F.

"Customer"

What do you like best?

Flexible. Modern looking. Integration with SFDC.

What do you dislike?

Performance issues. Support responses sometimes slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation will take longer than you think

Consistency across business units. Automation of proposals

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"CallidusCloud CPQ"

What do you like best?

Dynamic online tool enabling business in various industries to rapidly create an end-to-end pricing and quotation solution to both front and backend staff.

User experience is great and we can use it 'as is' or customize to whatever clients are after!

What do you dislike?

mobility version is still WIP but the preview I've done is showing a positive direction to yet another matured product

Ranging from manufacturing to customer services where clients are involved with complex quotation logic & pricing.

CallidusCloud review by User in Computer Software

"Use within Salesforce to gain access to commissions"

What do you like best?

Easy to use! We are able to see all detail of compensation without spreadsheets anymore!!

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I would change as it works great.

Saves time for sales by putting all information in one database. This means less calls to the commissions group.

CallidusCloud review by Peter F.
Peter F.

"CPQ helps us make proposals that fit the customer into the right wireless plan"

What do you like best?

CPQ is highly configurable, and we are able to generate proposals that use the format our marketing department likes to see for our branding to be consistent.

What do you dislike?

I really like the product, and I'd like to see additional graphical options in the future.

We've been able to address the problem of fitting the right service plan to the customer.

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Callidus cloud"

What do you like best?

I thought the product was really user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It was kind of clumsy to use sometimes for me.

It helps with data storage and analytics

CallidusCloud review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Very flexible "

What do you like best?

Very flexible and intuitive. Easy to use and seem less.

What do you dislike?

For larger quotes it tales longer than expected.

Solves all problems with company quoting accurately.

CallidusCloud review by Administrator

"quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for our sales team to quote our products.

What do you dislike?

can become complicated with business rules.

correct customer contract pricing

professional documentation

CallidusCloud review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"CPQ"

What do you like best?

Powerful, flexible, easy to maintain. The product does all we need it to.,

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Support was an issue for a couple of years but that has been fixed.,

quoting ease. accurate pricing.

"Excellent tool"

What do you like best?

User friendly, reliable tool...fast processor

What do you dislike?

Nothing is pretty cool you know. I can deal

Storage space, reliable secure

CallidusCloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"The best CPQ out there"

What do you like best?

How customizable it is, it has responsive design

What do you dislike?

Some minors bugs, is a bit hard to find the issues

IT, Telco, Manufacturing

Learning about CallidusCloud CPQ?

* We monitor all CallidusCloud CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.