(468 reviews)

CallRail is a phone call tracking and analytics platform that helps businesses understand which marketing campaigns are delivering valuable phone call conversions.

Work for CallRail?

Learning about CallRail?

CallRail Reviews

Ask CallRail a Question
Showing 480 CallRail reviews
CallRail review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Great call tracking for cheap"

What do you like best?

Unlike other call tracking companies, this one comes equipped with so many options for multiple campaigns, office locations, and numbers. I like that you get recordings and keyword spotting.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't track Google maps calls (unless you use a unique number - and that can create problems).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this over call tracking from Wordstream. I would also say that for $36/month, the data is invaluable, and can really help you shave unnecessary spending on marketing that doesn't work online. I would also say go through their team and make sure that everything gets set up right with google analytics and adwords, social accounts, and your phone number. Make sure to test test test!

My boss wanted to know where people were calling from when reaching the website, and which avenue was worth putting more money into, whether it was organic, paid, or social.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CallRail
CallRail review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Overall, our experience with CallRail has been great. "

What do you like best?

It is nice to be able to hear how our inbound calls are being handled for our sales management process. It allows insight that we didn't previously have. I liked how easy it was to setup CallRail and if I ever want to make changes to my account by adding different tracking numbers, removing some tracking numbers, or adding/removing companies, it does not require a hundred different steps which is very nice and makes my job easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current way the callscribe is setup. It would be nice to not have to pay to have the calls transcribed because we send them to our clients and a typical phone call for them is at least 8 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of your personal account customer support person why you have them, so you can truly learn all about callrail and how to use it before your time is up with them.

We are solving our lack in the sales process. Before, we were not able to hear how every inbound phone call was being done, but now since we are we were able to discover the holes that needed to be filled.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

CallRail review by Skye R.
Skye R.

"Easy, Cost Effective & A Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

CallRail is so easy to use and does a LOT

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solutions for so many different problems. It tracks marketing calls, can be used as a call routing for a dispersed workplace, and so much more. Highly recommend!

CallRail has solved a number of problems:

Problem 1: needed local numbers in multiple cities - solved. And if I miss a call, I can call back using CallRail from that same number. It is so simple.

Problem 2: needed cost effective "company number" to route calls. I was able to set up a main toll-free line and route to different people giving the appearance of a larger company that is not dispersed.

Problem 3: needed to track effectiveness of different campaigns by using numbers I could assign to each campaign - I can look at reports and see exactly how effective things are.

CallRail review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"Making my tracking more and more accurate."

What do you like best?

Increased information to help us make better business decisions regarding adwords.

Allowing us to focus on the keywords that are actually driving phone calls and leading to actual sales.

In the past weve been pausing campaigns that have had a negative impact on our inbound calls as we were never sure which campaigns and ads were actually making the phone ring.

We are still just getting started with this product but are looking forward to more and more accurate details as time goes by.

I also like the ability to go in and listen to calls that have happened as I am sometimes able to call customers back and get orders that were otherwise lost by making them offers that they didnt receive while on the phone with out rep in the 1st place.

What do you dislike?

Wish the message prompt was a little more delayed.. when we forward from one number to another.. we dont hear the message at all and forget to enter the values.

Getting proper revenue tracking from adwords. Were still in the early stages.

CallRail review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Complicated Call Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Their resources and instructions are easy to find and help guide you through all implementations. TONS of customization options at no extra cost - call flows are amazing, call tagging is awesome. There's tons of functionality - enough so that I'm sure we're only using 25% of its capabilities. I have used CallRail at two agencies now (helped pilot at both) and it was a fantastic tool from the beginning for both.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to have more than one pool of numbers per Google UA account, or the ability to have subaccounts - I run into situations where a client needs a call tracking setup on a landing page and a website, and those have to be two separate sub-accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're comparing options make sure you are comparing apples to apples on functionality. CallRail throws in a lot for free that isn't obvious until you are in the account or if you read through documentation extensively.

We use it to better attribute digital marketing leads for our clients, or to solve operational issues through call-routing.

CallRail review by Lindsay P.
Lindsay P.

"Integrations & Staff Made Work Easy"

What do you like best?

The integrations that are available made set up a breeze. I had to set up 26+ accounts and without the integrations for Wordpress, Facebook etc I would have lost time.

We also had a dedicated support agent or sales agent that kept reaching out to us to make sure everything was going smoothly.

What do you dislike?

One of my only dislikes was how the Facebook integration was set up. Through no fault of callrail, it doesn’t mesh with Facebook as accounts that are under the same ad. It doesn’t hook up to pages as it does ad

Accounts. It just ultimately caused a few problems.

Our clients needed call tracking— even if they didn’t know they needed it. They had no idea their teams were not answering the phone during certain times, or that they were getting calls from marketing efforts. It was a huge help.

CallRail review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"Best Tracking Service!"

What do you like best?

Callrail is amazing for running digital marketing campaigns. We use this on many of our clients, and the reporting is very user friendly. Also, tracking codes can be placed on the site so that you do not run in to issues with Google NAP.

What do you dislike?

Callrail is amazing, and easy to use. However, I know that in some countries people have reported issues of it not working properly. In my experience everything has worked great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have tool for all digital marketing experts, and any and people who want to track their ROI.

We use callrail to track our clients SEO efforts. Adding call tracking has been extremely beneficial so we know which efforts are the most profitable. I have found it to be an invaluable tool, and the support has been amazing.

CallRail review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"CallRail Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

The ability to track calls and tie it to analytics. We were able to give our clients better ROI and reporting from online advertising by tracking phone calls from the web, social, search and maps.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, have been impressed with the product. We have used it for a number of scenarios and it has worked in each case. It is difficult for customers to understand the tracking numbers and can be a bit difficult to sell due to that, they get concerned about their number being changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a web technology firm so there is some basic technical knowledge. Integration is simple, analytical integration is a bit more advanced.

Analytics and quality control. We had a hard time proving that phone calls were coming from online advertising, SEO and social. We also have no control after the calls arrive. Tracking calls and listening to calls for quality control has helped our clients fix that problem.

CallRail review by James C.
James C.

"Best Customer Service I've Ever Seen!"

What do you like best?

I rarely (if ever) leave reviews for companies but I've received unbelievable support from CallRail. I've called them throughout the day and have never had an issue reaching a support rep promptly. The reps are all polite and have great platform knowledge, and when I experienced a complicated technical issue that I thought would take over a week to solve, they resolved it in 2 hours. Would 100% recommend them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike so far - the platform is great, user experience is great, and support is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% would recommend it. The platform is great and support can help you to quickly resolve any issues you may experience.

We're using CallRail for call tracking for our ad campaigns. We really like the dynamic number insertion feature and are using it to track the source and keywords that are driving our calls.

CallRail review by James M.
James M.

"Great call tracking service!"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set up callrail on the website and for google analytics/adwords. The simplicity of the process was what I liked at first.

Getting the recordings of new calls coming in has been helpful for quality assurance as well. Plus, if you have any issues, their tech team is on point.

Most importantly, is very easy for me to track the ROI for our website and social campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could capture Google Maps calls, because I think we get most of our business from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easier way to track Google Maps calls without changing the "main" number. Perhaps connecting Google My Business Stats.

It has significantly reduced the amount of time I spend tracking where internet calls come from.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Lots of Features but they don't always work"

What do you like best?

I like that there are features like call flows and special set ups for sending data back into Google Analytics. There are many things you can do within callrail, you just need to know how to set them up properly.

There are features where you can score calls and it lets you thumb up or down the system.

They have an app which could use some more help, but it gets the job done as of right now. Not many clients ever use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how calls are consistently not connected with the number we are forwarding to and how callrail does not tell their customers about downtime. They also will have issues with their platform and you are passed between reps that barely know the system. Expect to talk to at least 2+ people per issue.

I don't like that I am charged per minute for calls and how expensive my bill was with them. I had to switch because they didn't want to help lower my costs with them. Once I was ready to go and porting numbers out, they tried reaching out to me to get me to stay. It was too late at that point and they wouldnt respond by email. They wanted to only do a phone call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering looking at other platforms like PhoneWagon and compare the customer service.

The ability to track all phone calls.

CallRail review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"Good lightweight solution"

What do you like best?

Simple deployment, clean interface, good reporting options

What do you dislike?

Seems that numbers are recycled quickly - probably around 5-10% of our call volume is for previous advertisers that had a number in their pool. I don't have enough confidence in the platform to use a dedicated number on a printed piece or offline advertisement that would not be easy to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great option for SMBs, or enterprise users looking for a "cheap and cheerful" solution without investing significant dollars to go with a larger player. The tool is effective, simple to use, and reliable. From an implementation standpoint, it's extremely straightforward. We deployed via Google Tag Manager and had no issues with the number swapping on both our webpage and Unbounce landing pages.

We are using Callrail to gauge the efficiency of our digital marketing efforts - we use dynamic numbers to track performance of various channels and campaigns.

CallRail review by Agency
Agency

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Call rail has made it very easy for us to track conversions that come from phone calls. I love that we are able to flag which calls were relevant and which calls were irrelevant.

What do you dislike?

I wish call rail had a feature where you could identify key terms and automatically identify this as a conversion. It would also be nice if we were able to track a conversion value from call rail.

I am running paid ads and call rail has allowed us to attribute conversions that have come from these ads. Not every conversion takes place online. There are a lot of people who will click on our ads and they will call convert over the phone. If we weren't using call rail we would not be able to correctly record conversions that take place over the phone

CallRail review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Startup Using Callrail"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to setup the service was. I love the configurability and I think the pricepoint makes it very accessible, even to small companies like ours. I also was thrilled at the level of service I received when I had a billing issue.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards, especially a few months ago, were rather confusing. Settings were /(sometimes still are) somewhat buried and inaccessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its got all the features you need at an appropriate price. Good, solid software and service.

We are tracking calls to retail stores from our local retail web marketing platform. We've been able to see how many calls our platform generates for our clients and from what area. We've also been able to provided more sophisticated call workflow than what our clients were using previously.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to track calls and establish ROI. "

What do you like best?

We work with customers who are getting a lot of phone calls, and it's important for us to know where those calls are coming from. We want to establish the fact that a website can be a great place to generate leads and phone calls, and CallRail helps us do just that. We use it for PPC and organic tracking, and we're able to tie back revenue directly to those streams. We can also create 1-800 numbers, which is create for clients who are looking for more of a unique branding.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can be a little trick to get a hang of, and the names that come through attach to calls can be unreliable. I often have to use other tools, or Excel to cross compare leads in our database with the information coming in through CallRail to really prove spend or ROI which can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test your set up to make sure you're doing it correctly. We've had instances where we were double tracking calls in AdWords and CallRail, so really read those instructions and reach out to support if you have the time.

We are doing more with the phone calls instead of just letting that phone ring. We're determining where we should be focusing our time, and knowing where phone calls are coming from allows us to dictate strategy a little easier.

CallRail review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Callrail Review"

What do you like best?

Call rail allows us to measure some of the campaigns that we are doing across all mediums. We can place numbers in all our ads and know if they are being seen.

What do you dislike?

That there is an additional charge for toll free numbers versus non toll free. In today's world of cell phones and non linear phone charges, it seems wrong that there be a charge on one line and not another.

As a non consumer site, any tracking that we can get is valuable. call rail has allowed us to gather more information about how consumers are interacting with our ads.

CallRail review by Administrator

"CallRail Review"

What do you like best?

The best feature is just how easy it is to set up and deploy. The interface is extremely well designed and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about the CallRail solution. It checked off every requirement we had for a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a lot of research and CallRail was able to provide all of the features we were looking for at a price that was far less than the competition. A CallRail rep walked us through the setup process which was incredibly easy. Creating a new tracking number is simple and takes little time. The reports are very insightful and provide all of the data we required.

We are tracking leads to our advertising partners. We are now definitively able to show our advertisers the benefits of advertising on our platform.

CallRail review by Jeromé C.
Jeromé C.

"CallRail for Marketing and Anylitics Review"

What do you like best?

Call tracking/analytics and that they integrate with Podio. Also the user interface is really simple and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The co-pilot feature being in the web browser and that there is no softphone app. I have to use a base phone system/Voip provider along with CallRail to make up for this feature not being up to speed with what our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you use another base phone system if you have more than a handful of employees. Placing outbound phone calls using CallRail isn't the most effective and we ran into challenges. Additionally, the mobile app could be improved along with the ability to save contacts like most other phone systems.

We are using CallRail to sync and push data into Podio our CRM/Communication platform. Additionally CallRail is great for marketing tracking and analytics but as a standalone phone system there are some challenges using the co-pilot feature.

CallRail review by Beau H.
Beau H.

"Call rail is a Must Have for any marketer! "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have multiple tracking numbers and it its very easy to setup and the customer service is great! It's also great that you get a 14 day free trial to see if it fits the needs of your business. Online analytics is a great thing for online and offline marketing. If you have the need to track which marketing piece if doing the best and phone calls can tell that to you, then call rail is the service you need. I know MANY professional marketing companies that use Call Rail.

What do you dislike?

On the app for iPhone when someone leaves a message, you MUST have your headphones in to listen to it. It will not play through the phone speakers. I have had difficulty setting up the last few numbers. I have had to call customer support to activate the numbers. Not sure what is happening. When I hit activate, nothing happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using call rail for your phone systems. If you have the need to track your marketing campaigns online or offline. Call rail can do it all. They can sync with google and every detail that you would need is trackable. In marketing, the ability to track your marketing is everything! You can now track every piece of marketing with a different number and you can then see the effectiveness of each marketing ad you do.

It solves having multiple phones. I can have 10 phone numbers with only a small monthly fee. I like having all the numbers in 1 centralized location where I can visualize all my marketing campaigns at once.

CallRail review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"CallRail is the leading Call Tracking & Recording platform, with a few small flaws."

What do you like best?

Call Recording and past Usage Statistics. Multiuser/company ability. Pricing is also very good and makes it easy for anyone to get started. Call Pools also are a fav feature of mine

What do you dislike?

I do not like how we can not mark up the minute's cost and sell them directly using stripe as a vendor. I would like for this feature to be added before I upgrade, or I will need to consider moving to Call Tracking Metrics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial, its a great way to learn and understand how some of the more advanced features like call pools work. You know will quickly if its a good fit for your company or agency.

We are using your platform to gain insights into our clients online and direct mailing campaigns and provide better insight how it all ties together. We have realised as much as we love online marketing, direct mailing is still hugely effective in some use cases and demographics.

CallRail review by Manny C.
Manny C.

"A "must" to run your campaing the right way"

What do you like best?

If you're running a campaign and you need to track all your calls, record them, create call flows and all that you can imagine, CallRail is what you need. Excellent prices, super intuitive interface and you can give access to your client and whitelabel everything!

What do you dislike?

I don't really have nothing negative at the moment.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you can use the platform for free for 14 days, after that you will fall in love! You can track all your calls, record every conversation, share a spreadsheet with the recording with your clients. You can also link your account with AdWords. You can add a mini script to your website and every phone number in your website will automatically change to one of the numbers you have in your pool.

This is the platform any marketing agency should use. If you are selling PPC to your clients, this is the best investment you can do from the day one, believe me, your client will love this as much as you will.

There is no way to go wrong with CallRail, and the support team is the best support team on the internet.

Go ahead, start your trial version! You will receive a t-shirt ;)

Now we can track all the calls, go over the recordings to do quality assurance of our reps, we can call back and the call will go through the same number we choose, I can even call from my phone!

CallRail review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"Affordable Call Tracking with a Robust Feature Set"

What do you like best?

I have used several different call tracking tools to prove the ROI to my clients but CallRail has been the best to use from a UI and functionality standpoint. The large number pool of different area codes makes it stand out vs the competition. It also has many integrations including facebook google WordPress and also can let you integrate it with the use of an API.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I think they could improve is how they treat reporting for cross-device calls without having to make several numbers with different area codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many call tracking solutions out there but only CallRail has support within the platform ease of use when creating new numbers ( you will never run into an issue where a number is not available) They also let you port your current number over for a small fee for clients who are worried about changing their number to something different and putting it on their site. The number pool is also vast so when looking for area codes you will always find a number that works. It has tons of integrations with Facebook Google and Wordpress. Stop reading this and go sign up with CallRail!

Proving the ROI on social PPC website organic and other marketing has been the real key. Form fills are not a conversion for every client but being able to record and track calls has helped a lot.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to hear what your customers want."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can listen to any call that I track and see the quality. It helps separate them into easy categories that make sense for my clients to analyze them in a easy way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems that every time we add another customer or line or something we get charged for it. While the charges are worth while, I wish there was a blanket package that we could have unlimited clients for a base price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great with having both customers and admin using them. My clients love the ability they have go in and see exactly what we see and get their own data.

They are solving the quality of calls. The calls are passed off to our clients and we do not normally get to hear what the quality is unless we ask. This is a way we can check on them without having to bug our client about it.

CallRail review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Great Entry-Level Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to setup and integrate with the common digital marketing platforms. For a minimal initial investment, you can quick get, in some cases, 2-3x the data and credit for conversions that would've otherwise not been accounted for.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a little shady since it depends on how many numbers you've enabled. Say you create a keyword pool, but then want to cancel it for a different area code. You then disable the pool, but it remains in your account, unable to be used. However, you must call customer service to manually remove these keywords, otherwise they may still be eligible to accrue costs on your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep an eye on how much they're billing you, but overall it gets the job done. Good started Call Analytics platform that should be required when running any lead gen or even ecommerce PPC campaign

Having clients with heavy call volume, we're able to attribute the calls our campaigns are driving to our efforts. Also, if you want to go the extra mile and don't have access to the CRM, listening to the phone calls can give you a quick idea on what keywords are driving the high quality and low quality calls

CallRail review by Bob Rutledge R.
Bob Rutledge R.

"Small Business Best Telephone Solution"

What do you like best?

The cost and features are powerful. I was paying twice as much and getting almost none of the features. The other service did not keep calls for more than 12 months. How can you compare this year to last?

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. This product is powerful, and exceeds expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I were a small business, I would get all my numbers from Call Rail. You do yourself a disservice otherwise. It costs less than traditional phones and you can track everything.

Testing from the call tracking numbers. Allowing the client to access a white label account.

CallRail review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"CallRail is an Easy and Indispensable Service"

What do you like best?

The CallRail Team has made it very easy to integrate this service into our marketing. We have had major success in tracking and lead generation for our clients. It is simple to use and easy to see results.

What do you dislike?

Things keep getting better as CallRail updates their interface and service. Nothing to complain about here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is very easy to implement and use. You will see results right off the bat and wont' have to search for metrics. CallRail has made a very friendly user interface. Nearly anyone can employ this and be happy with the results.

One issue we were trying to overcome was Sales Reps dropping leads or not answering phones. With call recording and prompts, we have easily identified bottlenecks and really increased the stream.

CallRail review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Helps me measure many marketing channels for clients and they love it!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can get so much info, easy to use interface, and reporting is great. The admin panel is easy to see all my calls, set up a new number, get analytics, listen to calls and so much more. It's awesome!

What do you dislike?

It was hard to find the Wordpress plugin token, but otherwise I am very happy with the platform so far. It's the best call tracking platform I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, use the free trial and play around with the dashboard. It's a great, easy to use product that is a step up from many of its competitors.

Many, many problems that come up, in regards to how customers spend their advertising dollars. We put numbers on print ads, adwords, organic, social media and even radio. Then we can measure more effectively whats working. We coach our clients into using it for off line training of Customer Service Reps via the call recording and seeing how they could better perform is certain situations.

CallRail review by Sara J.
Sara J.

"Has everything you need and nothing you don't"

What do you like best?

I've used CallRail as my go to recommendation for any clients wanting to use call tracking as it's affordable and gets the job done. I've always been happy with them and the reporting and functionality.

What do you dislike?

I likely wouldn't recommend them to someone who get's a lot of calls a month as there are enterprise solutions that are better for that. But I think they know that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for the small to medium site that doesn't get a ton of volume but wants to track calls. The features are everything you need and not a ton of unnecessary bells and whistles.

I have a lot of clients that need call tracking so they allow me to offer that service at a affordable rate.

CallRail review by Ester T.
Ester T.

"incredible service"

What do you like best?

TRACKING!! i love it that now i KNOW what is working. Before it was just winging it. And you really can't track was working, Now i know for a fact. and what to focus on more.

What do you dislike?

that i don't have anymore numbers. Now i have all these different avenues that i want to test on.

i like the fact that i can know for a fact that my direct mail i'm doing with this particular color is working more than my ad on facebook. stuff like that

CallRail review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Easy To Use, Great Value"

What do you like best?

Getting 10 phone lines for the price they offer is a great deal, and everything is incredibly easy to set up. There's quite a few features for call handling and routing that really good above and beyond what others offer.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to tell which lone someone was calling from when a sweating, but other than that I have no real complaints.

Call tracking, and using local numbers when we enter a new market.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Call Rail for Program Development"

What do you like best?

Call rail is great because it provides a lot of detail for each caller such as location, phone number, and name if listed.

What do you dislike?

The site can be buggy sometimes with multiple calls playing at once, sometimes with the issue of not being able to stop one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new feature where it allows you to screen for keywords is extremely helpful, especially when youre looking out for particular points.

We have been able to determine what programs and offerings people are most interested which has allowed us to suggest changes to our client. This improves business, reach and targeting efforts. I have realized that it also helps see who our callers are and how we can better communicate with them and what languages we need to have on our team.

CallRail review by Christina K.
Christina K.

"CallRail is a Game Changer for Agencies"

What do you like best?

CallRail allows us to show real results for our advertising campaigns. Without CallRail, we weren't able to prove results. Using call tracking has allowed us to show our clients that our campaigns produce results, which keeps them as a client!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I'd like to see is an at-a-glance tabulation of total minutes on the main dashboard. Otherwise, you have to go into the reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend CallRail. Their customer support is fast and helpful, and the software is extremely easy to use.

If you're a consultant or marketing agency, CallRail is a must. The software allows you to measure the value of each lead, the quality of each lead, and overall effectiveness of your campaigns, You can even white label the product and grant your clients access.

We use CallRail to monitor phone call conversions. When our clients aren't converting the lead we sent them, we're able to provide training that helps them get an even better impact from their marketing campaigns.

We also use CallRail to monitor campaign conversions to ensure we're delivering only the very best leads.

CallRail review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Easy to user interface with all your call tracking data in one dashboard"

What do you like best?

Call tracking that integrates with Google Analytics and gives information about what was searched that generated the call. I also like that customer services is very responsive and helpful. I like that there is a simple WordPress plugin installation that makes integration a simple step. I really like that for the price, it's the best value of any call service I can find. I really like that it integrates with my Agency Analytics online marketing tracking software and reports are automatically pulled in. It's nice to be able to have multiple accounts or clients all in 1 dashboard that I can switch between. I can check from client to client in only a matter of moments. Having CallRail makes life a little easier for reporting to my clients.

What do you dislike?

That most of the calls show "unavailable" for the keyword from the search engines. I recognize this is something that is out of CallRail's hands. Only some of the numbers have caller ID, but this is also probably out of CallRail's hands.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price for price, you'll find that CallRail offers better features and costs much less. Great for small or local businesses!

Revenue attribution. We can tell what is helping to generate the phone calls and be able to put good revenue metrics together for reporting. This helps especially when you're trying to determine what is working better at generating phone calls whether it's from Google Adwords or from your natural SEO efforts and link building. You can easily track each caller session because of dynamically generated phone numbers for each individual session. This makes revenue attribution much more simple and easy for the clients to see proof of what's working versus what isn't.

CallRail review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"Solid, Affordable Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

As an agency-side marketer, I've used Callrail successfully for a number of clients. Particularly for small businesses, it's a very affordable option to get started in becoming a more data-driven enterprise.

CallRail is super easy to set up and administrate - in most instances I've been able to implement basic call tracking on a small client site in a matter of hours.

What do you dislike?

I've had failures of the whisper messaging feature on VoIP systems, but this is a relatively minor problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always review a few options to see what's best for your specific circumstance - take a look at the plans and rates offered and compare them to your site traffic (account for what you expect on high volume days, not just an average) and at least a ballpark estimate of your inbound call volume.

Primarily SEO/SEM attribution/conversion tracking and general analytics for digital marketing. For many businesses I've worked with, calls represent a large proportion of contacts/leads - the ability to track down the source of these leads is invaluable to making good marketing decisions.

CallRail review by Shanon S.
Shanon S.

"Good Customer Service, Easy Set Up, Comprehensive Reporting"

What do you like best?

Monica, my point of contact at CallRail was very responsive to our needs and my questions, she also followed up in a very timely manner. For the most part it was very easy to set up the platform.

What do you dislike?

The process we would have had to go through to port numbers from our current supplier to CallRail was very tedious and so we chose to go with all new numbers, although this was not our first option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully review and understand the cost difference between your current vendor and CallRail. On the surface the cost for CallRail is quite a bit more than what we were currently paying for our toll free phone service, but there is no custom programming or javascript that you need to have built into the website (at least in our instance) which we had to pay a website company to manage, so it ended up being about the same in cost.

Transition to new toll free number provider to provide better and more comprehensive phone call analytics and reporting, especially with respect to email and website activity and campaigns.

CallRail review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Great product for tracking our marketing Ads"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have numbers for each of our paid ads landing pages so we can know which pages are calling in with the whisper message and can track which variants are performing the best. It is also very nice that it records the phone call so that we can review the call and forward it to our sales team to hear the conversation.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is be a little confusing to navigate around when you first get into the system, it does get easier once you are in there more often, but cleaning it up some would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small fee you now have the ability to track individual landing pages and other sites with this service, this has been great data for our company to use now and going forward.

We use the Call Rail numbers exclusively for paid ads right now, this helps us solve the problem of making sure the phone conversion go to the place we want them to go, it also give us the ability to track phone conversion per landing page easily.

The benefits are that we can now decide what variants work best when it comes to phone conversions and we can listen back to the recorded calls to determine which conversation were the most successful so we can reproduce that across the others.

CallRail review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Super Simple to use, Clear Call Quality A+ Service"

What do you like best?

If you advertise or get leads from your website CallRail is a must. The only thing I wish was different is I had signed up 9 months sooner. The onboarding process was simple, plus a free trial to make sure it started off right. Honestly a great product and a must have if you are getting leads from your website.

What do you dislike?

nothing it works i have no dislikes or complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sign up for the trial already! quit thinking about it!~

It helped me track exactly where my leads were coming from. No more asking 50 questions to figure out if it was a paid lead vs an organic... all my conversions are right there in google analytics and adwords

CallRail review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Has greatly improved our ability to track analytics"

What do you like best?

The majority of our lead traffic is through phone calls, so we would have a really hard time tracking the effectiveness of our marketing spend without call tracking. CallRail is easy to set up and has great customer support any time we've contacted them with issues. In addition, their API is really useful for pulling down numbers for our own internal analysis.

What do you dislike?

The price can get costly as you scale because you have to pay per minute for call forwarding from their tracking numbers to one of yours. There is a very small amount of data (<5%) that I'm pretty certain is misattributed, but that's something I'm still working on verifying, and once I do I'm sure CallRail's support team will work with me to resolve it.

Being able to assess the effectiveness of our marketing spend because we have an understanding of what AdWords spending is driving our leads.

CallRail review by Sara L.
Sara L.

"Affordable and Simplistic Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to get an email notification when a call comes into our tracking numbers. From my inbox I can listen to the recording, mark the call as a lead (or not) and then be taken to my dashboard to add notes or look at the customer journey. It is fully integrated with Google AdWords and is a very neat glimpse into a search for a keyword to a call generated to our sales team.

What do you dislike?

CallRail has some work to do in the reporting functionality. I would like to "slice and dice" my call analytics a little bit more than I currently am able to. But they have taken my feedback and are working to improve it.

We are tracking all calls coming in from our eCommerce website against the keywords & paid campaigns we are running on Google AdWords. It is really powerful to be able to see which quotes we generated through which phone call connected to a specific campaign and keyword or phrase that was searched on google. It was super simple to set up and is extremely affordable. Customer service has also been fantastic.

CallRail review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"CallRail helps us show clients the real number of new leads we've generated for them!"

What do you like best?

CallRail's system is incredibly intuitive. We're using it with several clients and it works great for everyone. It's easy to implement, and easy to share information.

What do you dislike?

We ran into an issue with callrail's integration with a Clients phone system. They are unable to hear the whisper track. While it's not neccessarily a problem with callrail, it makes it a less viable solution that it can't accommodate the way their shoretel phone system works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product, but if you are using a complex phone system in your business, vet them together first.

We are helping clients understand lead conversions driven by our marketing efforts. We are better able to track and report on success.

CallRail review by Hari A.
Hari A.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

Segregation of calls by account. Graphical display of calls received. Simplicity and Intuitiveness of User Interface. It is easy for us to track the volume of calls received for each campaign that we run for our customers. We can name the campaigns effectively and we can set up whisper and even record calls when required.

What do you dislike?

Lack of groups. It would be great if we can segregate accounts by groups. And if there is a master dashboard that shows the account usage against the available resources. Like how many phone numbers are used against how many are available. How many texts and calls are used and how many against how many are available during that period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Super Intuitive, Clean Interface

2. Nicely organised flow

3. Immense power and clarity for marketers

4. Integrates with all major marketing software

We use Google Analytics to track all the incoming leads. Call rail helps realise that easily as it integrates well with Google Analytics, Adwords and other major marketing software platforms.

CallRail review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Why is CallRail our provider of choice?"

What do you like best?

There is quite a lot to like about CallRail: call recording and the ability to play the recorded call from your mobile app, instant email or app notification of all inbound calls, call quality tracking and caller identification details and of course excellent customer service. These guys are amazing! I had questions when setting up my account, called in for support and they walked me right through the process. Later, I needed additional lines with the same termination destination, and they knocked that out for me in very short order. Amazing people Power this service.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes...well I guess the service could be offered free of charge, but then the quality would be what we'd expect from the postal service. So, I'm pretty happy with the very small service price tag for the outstanding service I get every month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CallRail is definitely worth the small investment. Knowledge is power, and with CallRail you don't have to break the bank getting your marketing results.

With CallRail we are able to track the source of every inbound call which really helps us track out marketing dollars and programs to see what is really working vs. what we "thought" was working. The benefit is simple, we can finally track our Return On Investment (ROI), which has historically been an illusion or very expensive with the traditional phone company.

CallRail review by Langston W.
Langston W.

"Excellent and much needed service"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup, its organized, its very customizable, has great voicemail and call forwarding solutions, it integrates easily with CRMs, it has a mobile app and most importantly its AFFORDABLE!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love it <----- I wanted to stop right there but they want me to give a better review. The only thing I wish is that I could get more phone numbers at a similar price as the entry price. More is always better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend if you want to make you life easier and have access to lots of tracking numbers for an affordable price

Mulitple tracking numbers so I know exactly where every lead comes from and which marketing is working and which isn't. Helps me control and get a grip on my business. This company has completely changed how I think about my marketing business. Now because it is so organized and captures everything from the caller leads coming in, I can just focus on massive marketing to drive as many leads as possible and I don't have to worry about losing any of them. I also am not even using all the features that it offers so I am super excited about getting even more familiar with this product.

CallRail review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Limited Experience so far with Call Rail "

What do you like best?

It seems fairly user-friendly and the customer support was great. We needed to transfer ownership of an account in a short time frame and they were very helpful in doing so. The customer support team has been top-notch and I was able to navigate around the system very easily. I also like the weekly reports that are already set up and send to my email.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We have only been using the software for a few months and so far everything is working well. It would have been nice to have some training offered. I tried to find training on the website but couldn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program and I would recommend giving it a try.

Better insight into how many calls we are receiving from efforts such as the website. So far it's been a very friendly tool for tracking these calls and attributing them to certain channels. We're able to see exactly the number of calls that are coming to the website. We're also able to use these calls for training with our receptionist.

CallRail review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"CallRail has changed my life and business for the better"

What do you like best?

I really like, use, and benefit from creating unique phone numbers for each purpose. Each of my marketing campaigns has a unique number so I can measure the effectiveness of each campaign. I even have a unique number for my business cards and another one for vendors who call me.

This way when my phone rings I know what type of call it is even if I don't recognize the name on caller ID.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there might be a slight time lag between when a caller says something and I hear it. That could be an issue with my wireless carrier since I receive all calls on my mobile phone. Or, it might be with CallRail. I don't know. but its not a big deal just something to be aware of. Try it out you might not experience this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it you'll be glad you did

I am solving the problem of accurately knowing the effectiveness of my marketing efforts.

CallRail review by Marianna B.
Marianna B.

"Cost Effective and So Robust"

What do you like best?

The cost is my absolute favorite thing about CallRail - so affordable. Closely behind that is the functionality and customization. So easy to use.

What do you dislike?

CRM integration isn't included - we'll have to work with another vendor to set this element up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering your call recording and tracking services - look at CallRail. You won't be disappointed.

We are managing inbound call leads. This process allows us to track the type, frequency and schedule of all inbound calls.

CallRail review by Nick N.
Nick N.

"Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of being able to have multiple phone numbers to track multiple campaigns so we know exactly what is driving customers for our clients.

What do you dislike?

We have made several attempts at setting up keyword tracking for Google Adwords with no success. I wish CallRail had a team that could do this for us, taking more ownership of the setup process would be good for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using call rail to understand which keywords are driving calls, make sure you read and understand how the setup process works. We are tech folks and can't seem to figure it out.

We like setting up startups and small businesses with tracking phone numbers on their new websites, just so they can see cool reports showing them how many calls they are getting. It's a serious value-add

CallRail review by Kimberlee L.
Kimberlee L.

"So many benefits with just one program!"

What do you like best?

I liked the overall functionality of callrail - you can have up to 10 numbers for one price and there are so many tracking abilities for marketing!

What do you dislike?

Would love for it to be a little cheaper - but $30 for 10 numbers with all the functionality is really a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES! I refer people to callrail at least twice a week.

Most of our students need to be able to track their inbound marketing calls and CallRail has everything they need.

Everyone I know who uses CallRail love the recording feature and the ease of use and so many options for functionality.

Calls and texts to our event attendees. This is much easier than manually calling or texting.

CallRail review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"CallRail the best call tracking tool out there!"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to track calls driven by marketing campaigns. It's some of the most powerful data I've had at my disposal.

What do you dislike?

Managing call tracking for multi-location businesses is a challenge. In my case, I'm managing digital marketing programs for 14 different companies. If I'm doing a holiday campaign across all 14 hospitals, it's pretty time-consuming to create 14 different phone numbers across 14 different accounts. If I was only managing one program, it would be a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions. CallRail now has a community where you can ask your questions about how to set up your account. It's been a great resource for me to hear from people like me using the tool.

We are able to track our marketing efforts and whether or not they're driving calls. We no longer have to rely on people "telling" us how they heard about us.

CallRail review by Erica S.
Erica S.

"Call Rail delivers all aspects of data I need for my small business clients"

What do you like best?

I like the easy breakdown between the source of the call, whether it be from Facebook, email marketing or paid search. I also like that you can see which keyword for paid search generated the call. Being able to listen to the calls is also a plus! As a digital agency, we love to use CallRail because it easily integrates with our reporting platform, making monthly reports super easy!

What do you dislike?

I think this call service is great for small business clients, but I wish Call Rail provided more detailed funnel information, which would be helpful for larger clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small to medium clients. It has easy integration and easy set up. They also offer a free trail if you wanted to see how it performs for yourself!

I am able to solve which paid search campaigns are performing, as well as which keywords are top performers in terms of calls.

By listening to the calls, we are also able to give feedback to the client on how their operators and potential clients are interacting and what they could improve on.

Learn more about CallRail

CallRail Videos

Learning about CallRail?

* We monitor all CallRail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(468 reviews)