CallRail

CallRail

CallRail is a phone call tracking and analytics platform that helps businesses understand which marketing campaigns are delivering valuable phone call conversions.

Work for CallRail?

Learning about CallRail?

CallRail Reviews

Ask CallRail a Question
Showing 452 CallRail reviews
CallRail review by Skye R.
Skye R.

"Easy, Cost Effective & A Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

CallRail is so easy to use and does a LOT

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solutions for so many different problems. It tracks marketing calls, can be used as a call routing for a dispersed workplace, and so much more. Highly recommend!

CallRail has solved a number of problems:

Problem 1: needed local numbers in multiple cities - solved. And if I miss a call, I can call back using CallRail from that same number. It is so simple.

Problem 2: needed cost effective "company number" to route calls. I was able to set up a main toll-free line and route to different people giving the appearance of a larger company that is not dispersed.

Problem 3: needed to track effectiveness of different campaigns by using numbers I could assign to each campaign - I can look at reports and see exactly how effective things are.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CallRail
CallRail review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"Making my tracking more and more accurate."

What do you like best?

Increased information to help us make better business decisions regarding adwords.

Allowing us to focus on the keywords that are actually driving phone calls and leading to actual sales.

In the past weve been pausing campaigns that have had a negative impact on our inbound calls as we were never sure which campaigns and ads were actually making the phone ring.

We are still just getting started with this product but are looking forward to more and more accurate details as time goes by.

I also like the ability to go in and listen to calls that have happened as I am sometimes able to call customers back and get orders that were otherwise lost by making them offers that they didnt receive while on the phone with out rep in the 1st place.

What do you dislike?

Wish the message prompt was a little more delayed.. when we forward from one number to another.. we dont hear the message at all and forget to enter the values.

Getting proper revenue tracking from adwords. Were still in the early stages.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

CallRail review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Great call tracking for cheap"

What do you like best?

Unlike other call tracking companies, this one comes equipped with so many options for multiple campaigns, office locations, and numbers. I like that you get recordings and keyword spotting.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't track Google maps calls (unless you use a unique number - and that can create problems).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this over call tracking from Wordstream. I would also say that for $36/month, the data is invaluable, and can really help you shave unnecessary spending on marketing that doesn't work online. I would also say go through their team and make sure that everything gets set up right with google analytics and adwords, social accounts, and your phone number. Make sure to test test test!

My boss wanted to know where people were calling from when reaching the website, and which avenue was worth putting more money into, whether it was organic, paid, or social.

CallRail review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Complicated Call Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Their resources and instructions are easy to find and help guide you through all implementations. TONS of customization options at no extra cost - call flows are amazing, call tagging is awesome. There's tons of functionality - enough so that I'm sure we're only using 25% of its capabilities. I have used CallRail at two agencies now (helped pilot at both) and it was a fantastic tool from the beginning for both.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to have more than one pool of numbers per Google UA account, or the ability to have subaccounts - I run into situations where a client needs a call tracking setup on a landing page and a website, and those have to be two separate sub-accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're comparing options make sure you are comparing apples to apples on functionality. CallRail throws in a lot for free that isn't obvious until you are in the account or if you read through documentation extensively.

We use it to better attribute digital marketing leads for our clients, or to solve operational issues through call-routing.

CallRail review by James M.
James M.

"Great call tracking service!"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set up callrail on the website and for google analytics/adwords. The simplicity of the process was what I liked at first.

Getting the recordings of new calls coming in has been helpful for quality assurance as well. Plus, if you have any issues, their tech team is on point.

Most importantly, is very easy for me to track the ROI for our website and social campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could capture Google Maps calls, because I think we get most of our business from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easier way to track Google Maps calls without changing the "main" number. Perhaps connecting Google My Business Stats.

It has significantly reduced the amount of time I spend tracking where internet calls come from.

CallRail review by Agency in Industrial Automation
Agency in Industrial Automation

"Lots of Features but they don't always work"

What do you like best?

I like that there are features like call flows and special set ups for sending data back into Google Analytics. There are many things you can do within callrail, you just need to know how to set them up properly.

There are features where you can score calls and it lets you thumb up or down the system.

They have an app which could use some more help, but it gets the job done as of right now. Not many clients ever use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how calls are consistently not connected with the number we are forwarding to and how callrail does not tell their customers about downtime. They also will have issues with their platform and you are passed between reps that barely know the system. Expect to talk to at least 2+ people per issue.

I don't like that I am charged per minute for calls and how expensive my bill was with them. I had to switch because they didn't want to help lower my costs with them. Once I was ready to go and porting numbers out, they tried reaching out to me to get me to stay. It was too late at that point and they wouldnt respond by email. They wanted to only do a phone call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering looking at other platforms like PhoneWagon and compare the customer service.

The ability to track all phone calls.

CallRail review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"Good lightweight solution"

What do you like best?

Simple deployment, clean interface, good reporting options

What do you dislike?

Seems that numbers are recycled quickly - probably around 5-10% of our call volume is for previous advertisers that had a number in their pool. I don't have enough confidence in the platform to use a dedicated number on a printed piece or offline advertisement that would not be easy to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great option for SMBs, or enterprise users looking for a "cheap and cheerful" solution without investing significant dollars to go with a larger player. The tool is effective, simple to use, and reliable. From an implementation standpoint, it's extremely straightforward. We deployed via Google Tag Manager and had no issues with the number swapping on both our webpage and Unbounce landing pages.

We are using Callrail to gauge the efficiency of our digital marketing efforts - we use dynamic numbers to track performance of various channels and campaigns.

CallRail review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Startup Using Callrail"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to setup the service was. I love the configurability and I think the pricepoint makes it very accessible, even to small companies like ours. I also was thrilled at the level of service I received when I had a billing issue.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards, especially a few months ago, were rather confusing. Settings were /(sometimes still are) somewhat buried and inaccessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its got all the features you need at an appropriate price. Good, solid software and service.

We are tracking calls to retail stores from our local retail web marketing platform. We've been able to see how many calls our platform generates for our clients and from what area. We've also been able to provided more sophisticated call workflow than what our clients were using previously.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to track calls and establish ROI. "

What do you like best?

We work with customers who are getting a lot of phone calls, and it's important for us to know where those calls are coming from. We want to establish the fact that a website can be a great place to generate leads and phone calls, and CallRail helps us do just that. We use it for PPC and organic tracking, and we're able to tie back revenue directly to those streams. We can also create 1-800 numbers, which is create for clients who are looking for more of a unique branding.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can be a little trick to get a hang of, and the names that come through attach to calls can be unreliable. I often have to use other tools, or Excel to cross compare leads in our database with the information coming in through CallRail to really prove spend or ROI which can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test your set up to make sure you're doing it correctly. We've had instances where we were double tracking calls in AdWords and CallRail, so really read those instructions and reach out to support if you have the time.

We are doing more with the phone calls instead of just letting that phone ring. We're determining where we should be focusing our time, and knowing where phone calls are coming from allows us to dictate strategy a little easier.

CallRail review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Callrail Review"

What do you like best?

Call rail allows us to measure some of the campaigns that we are doing across all mediums. We can place numbers in all our ads and know if they are being seen.

What do you dislike?

That there is an additional charge for toll free numbers versus non toll free. In today's world of cell phones and non linear phone charges, it seems wrong that there be a charge on one line and not another.

As a non consumer site, any tracking that we can get is valuable. call rail has allowed us to gather more information about how consumers are interacting with our ads.

CallRail review by Jeromé C.
Jeromé C.

"CallRail for Marketing and Anylitics Review"

What do you like best?

Call tracking/analytics and that they integrate with Podio. Also the user interface is really simple and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The co-pilot feature being in the web browser and that there is no softphone app. I have to use a base phone system/Voip provider along with CallRail to make up for this feature not being up to speed with what our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you use another base phone system if you have more than a handful of employees. Placing outbound phone calls using CallRail isn't the most effective and we ran into challenges. Additionally, the mobile app could be improved along with the ability to save contacts like most other phone systems.

We are using CallRail to sync and push data into Podio our CRM/Communication platform. Additionally CallRail is great for marketing tracking and analytics but as a standalone phone system there are some challenges using the co-pilot feature.

CallRail review by Beau H.
Beau H.

"Call rail is a Must Have for any marketer! "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have multiple tracking numbers and it its very easy to setup and the customer service is great! It's also great that you get a 14 day free trial to see if it fits the needs of your business. Online analytics is a great thing for online and offline marketing. If you have the need to track which marketing piece if doing the best and phone calls can tell that to you, then call rail is the service you need. I know MANY professional marketing companies that use Call Rail.

What do you dislike?

On the app for iPhone when someone leaves a message, you MUST have your headphones in to listen to it. It will not play through the phone speakers. I have had difficulty setting up the last few numbers. I have had to call customer support to activate the numbers. Not sure what is happening. When I hit activate, nothing happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using call rail for your phone systems. If you have the need to track your marketing campaigns online or offline. Call rail can do it all. They can sync with google and every detail that you would need is trackable. In marketing, the ability to track your marketing is everything! You can now track every piece of marketing with a different number and you can then see the effectiveness of each marketing ad you do.

It solves having multiple phones. I can have 10 phone numbers with only a small monthly fee. I like having all the numbers in 1 centralized location where I can visualize all my marketing campaigns at once.

CallRail review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"CallRail is the leading Call Tracking & Recording platform, with a few small flaws."

What do you like best?

Call Recording and past Usage Statistics. Multiuser/company ability. Pricing is also very good and makes it easy for anyone to get started. Call Pools also are a fav feature of mine

What do you dislike?

I do not like how we can not mark up the minute's cost and sell them directly using stripe as a vendor. I would like for this feature to be added before I upgrade, or I will need to consider moving to Call Tracking Metrics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial, its a great way to learn and understand how some of the more advanced features like call pools work. You know will quickly if its a good fit for your company or agency.

We are using your platform to gain insights into our clients online and direct mailing campaigns and provide better insight how it all ties together. We have realised as much as we love online marketing, direct mailing is still hugely effective in some use cases and demographics.

CallRail review by Manuel C.
Manuel C.

"A "must" to run your campaing the right way"

What do you like best?

If you're running a campaign and you need to track all your calls, record them, create call flows and all that you can imagine, CallRail is what you need. Excellent prices, super intuitive interface and you can give access to your client and whitelabel everything!

What do you dislike?

I don't really have nothing negative at the moment.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you can use the platform for free for 14 days, after that you will fall in love! You can track all your calls, record every conversation, share a spreadsheet with the recording with your clients. You can also link your account with AdWords. You can add a mini script to your website and every phone number in your website will automatically change to one of the numbers you have in your pool.

This is the platform any marketing agency should use. If you are selling PPC to your clients, this is the best investment you can do from the day one, believe me, your client will love this as much as you will.

There is no way to go wrong with CallRail, and the support team is the best support team on the internet.

Go ahead, start your trial version! You will receive a t-shirt ;)

Now we can track all the calls, go over the recordings to do quality assurance of our reps, we can call back and the call will go through the same number we choose, I can even call from my phone!

CallRail review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"Affordable Call Tracking with a Robust Feature Set"

What do you like best?

I have used several different call tracking tools to prove the ROI to my clients but CallRail has been the best to use from a UI and functionality standpoint. The large number pool of different area codes makes it stand out vs the competition. It also has many integrations including facebook google WordPress and also can let you integrate it with the use of an API.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I think they could improve is how they treat reporting for cross-device calls without having to make several numbers with different area codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many call tracking solutions out there but only CallRail has support within the platform ease of use when creating new numbers ( you will never run into an issue where a number is not available) They also let you port your current number over for a small fee for clients who are worried about changing their number to something different and putting it on their site. The number pool is also vast so when looking for area codes you will always find a number that works. It has tons of integrations with Facebook Google and Wordpress. Stop reading this and go sign up with CallRail!

Proving the ROI on social PPC website organic and other marketing has been the real key. Form fills are not a conversion for every client but being able to record and track calls has helped a lot.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to hear what your customers want."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can listen to any call that I track and see the quality. It helps separate them into easy categories that make sense for my clients to analyze them in a easy way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems that every time we add another customer or line or something we get charged for it. While the charges are worth while, I wish there was a blanket package that we could have unlimited clients for a base price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great with having both customers and admin using them. My clients love the ability they have go in and see exactly what we see and get their own data.

They are solving the quality of calls. The calls are passed off to our clients and we do not normally get to hear what the quality is unless we ask. This is a way we can check on them without having to bug our client about it.

CallRail review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Great Entry-Level Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to setup and integrate with the common digital marketing platforms. For a minimal initial investment, you can quick get, in some cases, 2-3x the data and credit for conversions that would've otherwise not been accounted for.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a little shady since it depends on how many numbers you've enabled. Say you create a keyword pool, but then want to cancel it for a different area code. You then disable the pool, but it remains in your account, unable to be used. However, you must call customer service to manually remove these keywords, otherwise they may still be eligible to accrue costs on your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep an eye on how much they're billing you, but overall it gets the job done. Good started Call Analytics platform that should be required when running any lead gen or even ecommerce PPC campaign

Having clients with heavy call volume, we're able to attribute the calls our campaigns are driving to our efforts. Also, if you want to go the extra mile and don't have access to the CRM, listening to the phone calls can give you a quick idea on what keywords are driving the high quality and low quality calls

CallRail review by Bob Rutledge R.
Bob Rutledge R.

"Small Business Best Telephone Solution"

What do you like best?

The cost and features are powerful. I was paying twice as much and getting almost none of the features. The other service did not keep calls for more than 12 months. How can you compare this year to last?

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. This product is powerful, and exceeds expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I were a small business, I would get all my numbers from Call Rail. You do yourself a disservice otherwise. It costs less than traditional phones and you can track everything.

Testing from the call tracking numbers. Allowing the client to access a white label account.

CallRail review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Helps me measure many marketing channels for clients and they love it!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can get so much info, easy to use interface, and reporting is great. The admin panel is easy to see all my calls, set up a new number, get analytics, listen to calls and so much more. It's awesome!

What do you dislike?

It was hard to find the Wordpress plugin token, but otherwise I am very happy with the platform so far. It's the best call tracking platform I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, use the free trial and play around with the dashboard. It's a great, easy to use product that is a step up from many of its competitors.

Many, many problems that come up, in regards to how customers spend their advertising dollars. We put numbers on print ads, adwords, organic, social media and even radio. Then we can measure more effectively whats working. We coach our clients into using it for off line training of Customer Service Reps via the call recording and seeing how they could better perform is certain situations.

CallRail review by Ester T.
Ester T.

"incredible service"

What do you like best?

TRACKING!! i love it that now i KNOW what is working. Before it was just winging it. And you really can't track was working, Now i know for a fact. and what to focus on more.

What do you dislike?

that i don't have anymore numbers. Now i have all these different avenues that i want to test on.

i like the fact that i can know for a fact that my direct mail i'm doing with this particular color is working more than my ad on facebook. stuff like that

CallRail review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Easy To Use, Great Value"

What do you like best?

Getting 10 phone lines for the price they offer is a great deal, and everything is incredibly easy to set up. There's quite a few features for call handling and routing that really good above and beyond what others offer.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to tell which lone someone was calling from when a sweating, but other than that I have no real complaints.

Call tracking, and using local numbers when we enter a new market.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Call Rail for Program Development"

What do you like best?

Call rail is great because it provides a lot of detail for each caller such as location, phone number, and name if listed.

What do you dislike?

The site can be buggy sometimes with multiple calls playing at once, sometimes with the issue of not being able to stop one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new feature where it allows you to screen for keywords is extremely helpful, especially when youre looking out for particular points.

We have been able to determine what programs and offerings people are most interested which has allowed us to suggest changes to our client. This improves business, reach and targeting efforts. I have realized that it also helps see who our callers are and how we can better communicate with them and what languages we need to have on our team.

CallRail review by Christina K.
Christina K.

"CallRail is a Game Changer for Agencies"

What do you like best?

CallRail allows us to show real results for our advertising campaigns. Without CallRail, we weren't able to prove results. Using call tracking has allowed us to show our clients that our campaigns produce results, which keeps them as a client!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I'd like to see is an at-a-glance tabulation of total minutes on the main dashboard. Otherwise, you have to go into the reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend CallRail. Their customer support is fast and helpful, and the software is extremely easy to use.

If you're a consultant or marketing agency, CallRail is a must. The software allows you to measure the value of each lead, the quality of each lead, and overall effectiveness of your campaigns, You can even white label the product and grant your clients access.

We use CallRail to monitor phone call conversions. When our clients aren't converting the lead we sent them, we're able to provide training that helps them get an even better impact from their marketing campaigns.

We also use CallRail to monitor campaign conversions to ensure we're delivering only the very best leads.

CallRail review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Easy to user interface with all your call tracking data in one dashboard"

What do you like best?

Call tracking that integrates with Google Analytics and gives information about what was searched that generated the call. I also like that customer services is very responsive and helpful. I like that there is a simple WordPress plugin installation that makes integration a simple step. I really like that for the price, it's the best value of any call service I can find. I really like that it integrates with my Agency Analytics online marketing tracking software and reports are automatically pulled in. It's nice to be able to have multiple accounts or clients all in 1 dashboard that I can switch between. I can check from client to client in only a matter of moments. Having CallRail makes life a little easier for reporting to my clients.

What do you dislike?

That most of the calls show "unavailable" for the keyword from the search engines. I recognize this is something that is out of CallRail's hands. Only some of the numbers have caller ID, but this is also probably out of CallRail's hands.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price for price, you'll find that CallRail offers better features and costs much less. Great for small or local businesses!

Revenue attribution. We can tell what is helping to generate the phone calls and be able to put good revenue metrics together for reporting. This helps especially when you're trying to determine what is working better at generating phone calls whether it's from Google Adwords or from your natural SEO efforts and link building. You can easily track each caller session because of dynamically generated phone numbers for each individual session. This makes revenue attribution much more simple and easy for the clients to see proof of what's working versus what isn't.

CallRail review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"Solid, Affordable Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

As an agency-side marketer, I've used Callrail successfully for a number of clients. Particularly for small businesses, it's a very affordable option to get started in becoming a more data-driven enterprise.

CallRail is super easy to set up and administrate - in most instances I've been able to implement basic call tracking on a small client site in a matter of hours.

What do you dislike?

I've had failures of the whisper messaging feature on VoIP systems, but this is a relatively minor problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always review a few options to see what's best for your specific circumstance - take a look at the plans and rates offered and compare them to your site traffic (account for what you expect on high volume days, not just an average) and at least a ballpark estimate of your inbound call volume.

Primarily SEO/SEM attribution/conversion tracking and general analytics for digital marketing. For many businesses I've worked with, calls represent a large proportion of contacts/leads - the ability to track down the source of these leads is invaluable to making good marketing decisions.

CallRail review by Shanon S.
Shanon S.

"Good Customer Service, Easy Set Up, Comprehensive Reporting"

What do you like best?

Monica, my point of contact at CallRail was very responsive to our needs and my questions, she also followed up in a very timely manner. For the most part it was very easy to set up the platform.

What do you dislike?

The process we would have had to go through to port numbers from our current supplier to CallRail was very tedious and so we chose to go with all new numbers, although this was not our first option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully review and understand the cost difference between your current vendor and CallRail. On the surface the cost for CallRail is quite a bit more than what we were currently paying for our toll free phone service, but there is no custom programming or javascript that you need to have built into the website (at least in our instance) which we had to pay a website company to manage, so it ended up being about the same in cost.

Transition to new toll free number provider to provide better and more comprehensive phone call analytics and reporting, especially with respect to email and website activity and campaigns.

CallRail review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Great product for tracking our marketing Ads"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have numbers for each of our paid ads landing pages so we can know which pages are calling in with the whisper message and can track which variants are performing the best. It is also very nice that it records the phone call so that we can review the call and forward it to our sales team to hear the conversation.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is be a little confusing to navigate around when you first get into the system, it does get easier once you are in there more often, but cleaning it up some would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small fee you now have the ability to track individual landing pages and other sites with this service, this has been great data for our company to use now and going forward.

We use the Call Rail numbers exclusively for paid ads right now, this helps us solve the problem of making sure the phone conversion go to the place we want them to go, it also give us the ability to track phone conversion per landing page easily.

The benefits are that we can now decide what variants work best when it comes to phone conversions and we can listen back to the recorded calls to determine which conversation were the most successful so we can reproduce that across the others.

CallRail review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Super Simple to use, Clear Call Quality A+ Service"

What do you like best?

If you advertise or get leads from your website CallRail is a must. The only thing I wish was different is I had signed up 9 months sooner. The onboarding process was simple, plus a free trial to make sure it started off right. Honestly a great product and a must have if you are getting leads from your website.

What do you dislike?

nothing it works i have no dislikes or complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sign up for the trial already! quit thinking about it!~

It helped me track exactly where my leads were coming from. No more asking 50 questions to figure out if it was a paid lead vs an organic... all my conversions are right there in google analytics and adwords

CallRail review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Has greatly improved our ability to track analytics"

What do you like best?

The majority of our lead traffic is through phone calls, so we would have a really hard time tracking the effectiveness of our marketing spend without call tracking. CallRail is easy to set up and has great customer support any time we've contacted them with issues. In addition, their API is really useful for pulling down numbers for our own internal analysis.

What do you dislike?

The price can get costly as you scale because you have to pay per minute for call forwarding from their tracking numbers to one of yours. There is a very small amount of data (<5%) that I'm pretty certain is misattributed, but that's something I'm still working on verifying, and once I do I'm sure CallRail's support team will work with me to resolve it.

Being able to assess the effectiveness of our marketing spend because we have an understanding of what AdWords spending is driving our leads.

CallRail review by Sara L.
Sara L.

"Affordable and Simplistic Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to get an email notification when a call comes into our tracking numbers. From my inbox I can listen to the recording, mark the call as a lead (or not) and then be taken to my dashboard to add notes or look at the customer journey. It is fully integrated with Google AdWords and is a very neat glimpse into a search for a keyword to a call generated to our sales team.

What do you dislike?

CallRail has some work to do in the reporting functionality. I would like to "slice and dice" my call analytics a little bit more than I currently am able to. But they have taken my feedback and are working to improve it.

We are tracking all calls coming in from our eCommerce website against the keywords & paid campaigns we are running on Google AdWords. It is really powerful to be able to see which quotes we generated through which phone call connected to a specific campaign and keyword or phrase that was searched on google. It was super simple to set up and is extremely affordable. Customer service has also been fantastic.

CallRail review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"CallRail helps us show clients the real number of new leads we've generated for them!"

What do you like best?

CallRail's system is incredibly intuitive. We're using it with several clients and it works great for everyone. It's easy to implement, and easy to share information.

What do you dislike?

We ran into an issue with callrail's integration with a Clients phone system. They are unable to hear the whisper track. While it's not neccessarily a problem with callrail, it makes it a less viable solution that it can't accommodate the way their shoretel phone system works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product, but if you are using a complex phone system in your business, vet them together first.

We are helping clients understand lead conversions driven by our marketing efforts. We are better able to track and report on success.

CallRail review by Hari A.
Hari A.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

Segregation of calls by account. Graphical display of calls received. Simplicity and Intuitiveness of User Interface. It is easy for us to track the volume of calls received for each campaign that we run for our customers. We can name the campaigns effectively and we can set up whisper and even record calls when required.

What do you dislike?

Lack of groups. It would be great if we can segregate accounts by groups. And if there is a master dashboard that shows the account usage against the available resources. Like how many phone numbers are used against how many are available. How many texts and calls are used and how many against how many are available during that period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Super Intuitive, Clean Interface

2. Nicely organised flow

3. Immense power and clarity for marketers

4. Integrates with all major marketing software

We use Google Analytics to track all the incoming leads. Call rail helps realise that easily as it integrates well with Google Analytics, Adwords and other major marketing software platforms.

CallRail review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Why is CallRail our provider of choice?"

What do you like best?

There is quite a lot to like about CallRail: call recording and the ability to play the recorded call from your mobile app, instant email or app notification of all inbound calls, call quality tracking and caller identification details and of course excellent customer service. These guys are amazing! I had questions when setting up my account, called in for support and they walked me right through the process. Later, I needed additional lines with the same termination destination, and they knocked that out for me in very short order. Amazing people Power this service.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes...well I guess the service could be offered free of charge, but then the quality would be what we'd expect from the postal service. So, I'm pretty happy with the very small service price tag for the outstanding service I get every month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CallRail is definitely worth the small investment. Knowledge is power, and with CallRail you don't have to break the bank getting your marketing results.

With CallRail we are able to track the source of every inbound call which really helps us track out marketing dollars and programs to see what is really working vs. what we "thought" was working. The benefit is simple, we can finally track our Return On Investment (ROI), which has historically been an illusion or very expensive with the traditional phone company.

CallRail review by Langston W.
Langston W.

"Excellent and much needed service"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup, its organized, its very customizable, has great voicemail and call forwarding solutions, it integrates easily with CRMs, it has a mobile app and most importantly its AFFORDABLE!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love it <----- I wanted to stop right there but they want me to give a better review. The only thing I wish is that I could get more phone numbers at a similar price as the entry price. More is always better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend if you want to make you life easier and have access to lots of tracking numbers for an affordable price

Mulitple tracking numbers so I know exactly where every lead comes from and which marketing is working and which isn't. Helps me control and get a grip on my business. This company has completely changed how I think about my marketing business. Now because it is so organized and captures everything from the caller leads coming in, I can just focus on massive marketing to drive as many leads as possible and I don't have to worry about losing any of them. I also am not even using all the features that it offers so I am super excited about getting even more familiar with this product.

CallRail review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Limited Experience so far with Call Rail "

What do you like best?

It seems fairly user-friendly and the customer support was great. We needed to transfer ownership of an account in a short time frame and they were very helpful in doing so. The customer support team has been top-notch and I was able to navigate around the system very easily. I also like the weekly reports that are already set up and send to my email.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We have only been using the software for a few months and so far everything is working well. It would have been nice to have some training offered. I tried to find training on the website but couldn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program and I would recommend giving it a try.

Better insight into how many calls we are receiving from efforts such as the website. So far it's been a very friendly tool for tracking these calls and attributing them to certain channels. We're able to see exactly the number of calls that are coming to the website. We're also able to use these calls for training with our receptionist.

CallRail review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"CallRail has changed my life and business for the better"

What do you like best?

I really like, use, and benefit from creating unique phone numbers for each purpose. Each of my marketing campaigns has a unique number so I can measure the effectiveness of each campaign. I even have a unique number for my business cards and another one for vendors who call me.

This way when my phone rings I know what type of call it is even if I don't recognize the name on caller ID.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there might be a slight time lag between when a caller says something and I hear it. That could be an issue with my wireless carrier since I receive all calls on my mobile phone. Or, it might be with CallRail. I don't know. but its not a big deal just something to be aware of. Try it out you might not experience this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it you'll be glad you did

I am solving the problem of accurately knowing the effectiveness of my marketing efforts.

CallRail review by Marianna B.
Marianna B.

"Cost Effective and So Robust"

What do you like best?

The cost is my absolute favorite thing about CallRail - so affordable. Closely behind that is the functionality and customization. So easy to use.

What do you dislike?

CRM integration isn't included - we'll have to work with another vendor to set this element up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering your call recording and tracking services - look at CallRail. You won't be disappointed.

We are managing inbound call leads. This process allows us to track the type, frequency and schedule of all inbound calls.

CallRail review by Nick N.
Nick N.

"Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of being able to have multiple phone numbers to track multiple campaigns so we know exactly what is driving customers for our clients.

What do you dislike?

We have made several attempts at setting up keyword tracking for Google Adwords with no success. I wish CallRail had a team that could do this for us, taking more ownership of the setup process would be good for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using call rail to understand which keywords are driving calls, make sure you read and understand how the setup process works. We are tech folks and can't seem to figure it out.

We like setting up startups and small businesses with tracking phone numbers on their new websites, just so they can see cool reports showing them how many calls they are getting. It's a serious value-add

CallRail review by Kimberlee L.
Kimberlee L.

"So many benefits with just one program!"

What do you like best?

I liked the overall functionality of callrail - you can have up to 10 numbers for one price and there are so many tracking abilities for marketing!

What do you dislike?

Would love for it to be a little cheaper - but $30 for 10 numbers with all the functionality is really a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES! I refer people to callrail at least twice a week.

Most of our students need to be able to track their inbound marketing calls and CallRail has everything they need.

Everyone I know who uses CallRail love the recording feature and the ease of use and so many options for functionality.

Calls and texts to our event attendees. This is much easier than manually calling or texting.

CallRail review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"CallRail the best call tracking tool out there!"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to track calls driven by marketing campaigns. It's some of the most powerful data I've had at my disposal.

What do you dislike?

Managing call tracking for multi-location businesses is a challenge. In my case, I'm managing digital marketing programs for 14 different companies. If I'm doing a holiday campaign across all 14 hospitals, it's pretty time-consuming to create 14 different phone numbers across 14 different accounts. If I was only managing one program, it would be a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions. CallRail now has a community where you can ask your questions about how to set up your account. It's been a great resource for me to hear from people like me using the tool.

We are able to track our marketing efforts and whether or not they're driving calls. We no longer have to rely on people "telling" us how they heard about us.

CallRail review by Erica S.
Erica S.

"Call Rail delivers all aspects of data I need for my small business clients"

What do you like best?

I like the easy breakdown between the source of the call, whether it be from Facebook, email marketing or paid search. I also like that you can see which keyword for paid search generated the call. Being able to listen to the calls is also a plus! As a digital agency, we love to use CallRail because it easily integrates with our reporting platform, making monthly reports super easy!

What do you dislike?

I think this call service is great for small business clients, but I wish Call Rail provided more detailed funnel information, which would be helpful for larger clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small to medium clients. It has easy integration and easy set up. They also offer a free trail if you wanted to see how it performs for yourself!

I am able to solve which paid search campaigns are performing, as well as which keywords are top performers in terms of calls.

By listening to the calls, we are also able to give feedback to the client on how their operators and potential clients are interacting and what they could improve on.

CallRail review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"Affordable, simple setup, easy to use, and relevant dashboard for metrics"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? CallRail does exactly what it says it does for a low monthly price. Onboarding/setup is ridiculously simple and the additional features that almost turn it into a mini-CRM are an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

More variety in phone number options would be nice. A tad bit more description for the different number types couldn't hurt, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The primary argument against this product is that you cannot keep your assigned numbers if you decide at any time in the future you do not wish to continue with CallRail.

If that is a concern for you, by all means, look further, but being that they're tracking numbers, they are not numbers you would give your clientele.

I highly recommend for call tracking.

The main business problem we're solving is understanding where our leads are coming from. We have a number of sites and places where a phone number is displayed and by using a unique number for each spot, we're able to intricately track where the majority of calls are coming from without asking the lead.

CallRail review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Used to be a great product, Can they handle the growth? "

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy to use. Its great for all sizes of business. Very easy to use and offers decent analytics reporting.

I also like

What do you dislike?

Been using for several years and as they've gotten bigger it seems they have more and more issues. The site crashes all the time. Their dynamic number insertions scripts seem to have more and more issues. Also, their customer support is not good. 75% I call during business hours, it goes straight to voicemail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does get the job done however, the company has some work to do as they grow in size. If they can get through these 'growing pains' then maybe we will continue to use them.

The main benefit to any call tracking system is the ability to track marketing efforts. We use call rail but white labeled to offer our clients insider data to their paid efforts.

CallRail review by Luda D.
Luda D.

"I am absolutely in love with CallRail! "

What do you like best?

How easy it was for me to install CallRail myself on my clients' landing pages. How easy the instructions were to follow! I was able to install it in an afternoon! Very simple and clear instructions!

What do you dislike?

The only think that I "dislike", and it's not even a big deal, is that it takes a bit for the calls to show as a conversion inside my AdWords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!! If you are using AdWords and your main objective is to generate calls, CallRail will allow you to figure what's working and generating calls, and what isn't. I have been using this system and I absolutely love it!

I am finally able to find out exactly what keywords, ad groups and campaigns on AdWords that are generating the calls. So that I can bid on keywords that generate calls instead of wasting money on what doesn't.

I am also finally able to a/b test my landing pages and find out which ones generate the most amount of calls and which don't.

CallRail review by Tori V.
Tori V.

"Best Integrated, Off the Shelf Call Tracker I've Found"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Products. Very helpful customer service and easy UI.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better AI used in analyzing and tagging calls as well as better granular level call tracking that passes keyword level data back to Analytics based on a rep marking the call as a lead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the tracking setting changes to get the most accurate data.

Call source tracking. Where to allocate marketing dollars.

CallRail review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"CallRail is so dynamic"

What do you like best?

We have used CallRail for a couple years and still have yet to use it to its full capabilities. The system is very dynamic and works really great with out CRM.

What do you dislike?

Would like if they had click to call integration for our CRM

Call tracking for outbound calls. Have realized it’s a great way of keeping track of our KPI’s

CallRail review by Brad N.
Brad N.

"Useful and Solid product, but a bit complex at times"

What do you like best?

Very helpful service. Does a great job at what it supposed to do. We use it for all of our clients.

What do you dislike?

Set up and concepts are difficult to understand. Difficult to understand how tracking is working at times and what the proper workflow is for setting up numbers and calls. Still have numbers that are not set up properly, because we had already had collected data prior to understanding the proper way to do it. Read all documentation before you start

The ability to track our advertising and marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients. Gives us direct feedback on what is working and what is not as it relates to phone calls. Provide training and feedback to sales people receptionist and others that answer the phones and do not observe proper practices for the client.

CallRail review by Allison K.
Allison K.

"Affordable, Easy to Setup and Great Tracking Capabilities!"

What do you like best?

This was MUCH more affordable than comparable services. They all do about the same thing but the price point on this was the game changer for us. The setup was so much easier than the previous services I've used, and their support team was incredibly quick with the responses, and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if it really counts as a dislike, as it's more of a dislike for the nature of things. But here it is anyway - nothing like this is ever perfectly easy, so there were a few bumps in the road with the setup. But that wasn't CallRail's fault. In contrast, though, it was still much easier than other call tracking programs to setup. Also, on the phone the tech support person was very helpful but their tone was dry and tech-y. I felt challenged to make her giggle during the call but again, that's just me. She did her job very well. I just enjoy a little witty banter sometimes. It breaks up a monotonous day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get on the phone and have them walk you through the setup. I missed a few steps early on but they were super easy to work with and extended my trial a little longer so I could get it right. From there, we were able to fix it and go live. I realized that if I would have just got on the call in the first place, it would have been right from the start.

We require clients to implement conversion tracking if they are going to pay us to do marketing. We provide measurable marketing campaigns and if we can't measure, then we have no idea if what we're doing is working. Previously, asking a client to spend a hefty fee for call tracking just got us nowhere. With CallRail, it's much more affordable and we're getting more clients on board with the idea. It makes it easier for us to make this a requirement rather than an option.

CallRail review by Douglas P.
Douglas P.

"The Best Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

I like the timeline view, it gives alot of info about customer acquisition.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that i couldnt send a value to adwords for each call... i put in a request and they let out an update that included this feature within a month or two. Other than that i have not had any problems.

Call tracking and analytics.

CallRail review by Lucas P.
Lucas P.

"Solid Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

Call Rail is easy to use and fast to implement. It makes on-boarding new clientsa breeze.

What do you dislike?

The lack of number customization, it’s would be helpful to have more access to a larger bank of numbers.

We are able to show greater transparency in our client advertising ROI and give our customers more robust analysis of their complete marketing portfolio.

CallRail review by Melissa S.
Melissa S.

"Call Rail is Affordable and So Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can hear a recording of the phone call. It helps me understand our customers better and how my staff interact with them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, It does everything I needed and I have never had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that I get recordings from the calls in emails to trigger me to listen. I also get weekly emails with the usage info for my different phone numbers. Easy to use website, does everything I need!

We began using direct mail and wanted to track phone calls from each specific marketing effort.

CallRail review by A Plus D.
A Plus D.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I have been able to track the actual areas we are marketing to confirm our results.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a issue at this time. If I choose to drop a number I would like to use a new one in it's place. Not sure if this is allowed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. Just make sure you are the owner of your company and your the admin using it. If your hiring someone to track information for you. You do not own the account then. You as the owner need to be involved knowing what is going on

I have been able to confirm where my money is working and how my staff is handling calls that come in

CallRail review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Extremely Strong Product"

What do you like best?

We love this product for our clients because it's an enormous benefit for them to understand where new customers are resonating from.

What do you dislike?

We had some performance issues that caused the initial setup to take longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely strong product that won't break the budget

We have clients that want to track what their ads are generating and where clients are coming from to help understand their demographics better. It's been great to offer this service to our clients because it gives them a better idea of where we can find the most success with them.

CallRail review by Allison P.
Allison P.

"Successfully Proven Value to Clients"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of CallRail is that I am able to provide indisputable data to my clients regarding the phone calls that their advertisements on my websites are generating. Being able to show the value of our services using data has improved out customer retention numbers dramatically.

I also like the emails with call data and recordings of the calls.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports and menus are not as intuitive as they could be. I often find that important features are buried several levels deep.

Our clients were previously unable to attribute phone calls to the advertisement on our websites. They would call in and express frustration because the feedback from their customers was always "I found you on Google" or "the Internet". By implementing CallRail's call tracking, we were able to show that our sites were actually generating calls. This has been not only a great upfront sales tool to share with new clients, it has give us the opportunity to prove our value to existing clients.

By offering clients call tracking when they are on the fence about continuing with our product, we have been able to save many accounts. After trying call tracking for 30 days or so, most clients decide to continue their advertising. This has drastically improved our churn metrics.

CallRail review by Janelle G.
Janelle G.

"Full of thoughtful features, easy to use, and comprehensive"

What do you like best?

CallRail seems to anticipate what I need at any given moment and always gives me the filters or menu items I need right where I expect them to be. Everything is easy to use, there are tons of nifty features, the reporting is incredibly comprehensive, and the support team rocks!

What do you dislike?

I'd really like to see call details in my daily/weekly emails so I don't have to click through to see things like Caller ID, Location, etc. Right now, that's not possible, but hopefully the CallRail team will incorporate that soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are constantly solving the problem of not knowing how many phone conversions our clients are getting. Yes, I know that's what CallRail does, but we continue to use it for more and more marketing channels--for more and more clients--and it keeps proving over and over how much we were missing before.

We've convinced so many clients to use CallRail because we are continually wowed by its usefulness.

CallRail review by Bryan F.
Bryan F.

"Cost-effective and straightforward call tracking with great integration"

What do you like best?

CallRall is easy to set up and get going, and the integrations they offer are outstanding when compared to most other tracking companies at this price point. The setup for dynamic tracking is super simple and very user friendly. The main dashboard is clean and straightforward. The ability to white-label resell is also a major feature for those of us in the agency world. Recently announce HIPAA compliance is a welcome addition too.

What do you dislike?

CallRail lacks some of the advanced reporting features of other call tracking suites, at least on the entry level product. The ability to customize and automate reports is missing, and would be a welcome addition. A mobile app would also be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trail. Try it yourself and see if you like it. Setup is easy and straightforward, and more most small businesses and agencies it will be exactly what you need.

We use it to provide HIPAA compliant call tracking services to our clients. It allows us to provide real-time tracking and ROI for marketing activities, so we can determine what works and what doesn't in our clients wifely varying markets. The biggest benefit has been a way to provide cost-effective, yet high quality call tracking that meets the needs of us an agency and of our clients, most of which are healthcare providers.

CallRail review by Marc B.
Marc B.

"Amazing dynamic call tracking that is actually easy to use and affordable"

What do you like best?

You can track all website sources and send the data straight into Google Analytics and AdWords.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about, to be honest. I guess the only thing would be that sometimes the tracking numbers get spam calls and then you have to replace the number.

We are solving the marketing dilemma of knowing where phone call leads come from! CallRail is great!

CallRail review by William G.
William G.

"Essential for Small Business Marketing"

What do you like best?

Call Rail is easy to implement and is an extremely cost effective way to prove ROI from advertising efforts. Call Rail's dashboard is easy to navigate and manage. Additional users and roles make it easy to let all the members of our company have access to the account without letting them make changes to the numbers.

What do you dislike?

Call Rail offers an email notification option, which I use to send our reporting analyst call details, selecting notification options used to be a seamless part of the setup process but now it is outside of the number setup, which means my staff sometimes forgets to add the extra step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call Rail's reporting makes it clear for C levels what successes your business has achieved. If your business measures success in phone calls, then call tracking software is a no-brainer. If your business measures success in web traffic and online conversions, then Call Rail's Google Analytics integration may leave you wanting more by way of insight, but they do integrate with GA and other popular software.

Call Rail helps us prove the ROI of our marketing initiatives and cut ineffective campaigns.

CallRail review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"A Staple in Any Digital Marketing Campaign"

What do you like best?

As far as call tracking software goes, Callrail checks all the boxes, and then some. With more integrations than you will ever need, a streamlined dashboard and an extremely intuitive interface, managing call tracking for 50+ clients has become a breeze. Creating a new set of numbers and integrating them into wordpress takes less than five minutes and begin tracking right away. It's never failed to operate or stuttered in performance--moreover its analytics are excellent and seamlessly available without any manual effort or data entry needed. I couldn't imagine ever needing, or wanting to switch to another call tracking software.

What do you dislike?

For the most part, Callrail is a dream, however if I could change one thing, it would be the fact that you can't link the same email to multiple Callrail accounts. For instance, if a client already has their own Callrail account, one of us will have to create a new email to link up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, this is the industry standard for online call tracking!

As a digital marketing specialist, I must admit we would be quite lost without Callrail--it's at the core of what we do. We use its online integration to track the source and quality of leads for our clients, and use it as our internal call log as well. We use it to continually improve our internet-based lead generation and support-call-quality. Finally, there's no better feeling than logging in and seeing a spike in our clients' leads on the dashboard graph. Clients love it and so do we!

CallRail review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

We've used several different call tracking platforms over the years. Most of them are overly complicated, finicky, and difficult to use. Many of them are overly expensive as well. CallRail is the iPhone of call tracking software - it's easy to use, and "it just works." Its native integration with HubSpot is fantastic as well.

What do you dislike?

If you need more complex call routing, this probably isn't the software for you. But neither us or our clients need that, so it's not an issue for us.

Our main business problem that we're solving is inbound lead tracking. We could track all our inbound website leads when people would fill out forms on our website, but we had no way of tracking who was visiting our website and then calling us from there. CallRail, integrated with HubSpot, allows us to track all of our inbound website leads - both people who submit web forms and people who call in from our website phone number.

CallRail review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Consistently reliable call processing service"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product. I can quickly define my call processing, even little details like how many seconds to ring an individual endpoint before moving on. The reliability has been excellent too. Once defining the call process and testing the flow we went into production, and I haven't had any issues in the 4 months or so that we've been in production.

What do you dislike?

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get a true circular hunt going on. Initially I was able to define a circular loop, but it didn't actually work. The work around for this desired feature was to manually define a call flow, phone by phone that included a second pass through each phone. But eventually, if no one answers the phone, I had to take a voicemail. So far though, this has been adequate for our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the product has the features your need then definitely give them a shot. CallRail is a reliable, quality product. I haven't experienced any unusual behavior or bugs. It has been rock solid.

Distribution of incoming support calls for a small, mobile team, particularly during the non-staffed overnight period. Ideally callers will never receive voicemail, and simply hunt until an available operator answers. Employees are paid for responding to these after-hours calls, so this gives us a simple way to rotate through staff and give them an opportunity, without the hassle of a fixed schedule.

CallRail review by Camille B.
Camille B.

"Invaluable Insight & Revenue Attribution"

What do you like best?

Call recording has allowed us to extract details about customer requests and questions that our clients have never been able to provide. Most recently, we've used the service to tie direct results to specific initiatives for a client. The ultimate goal was to increase phone calls, and we were able to assign independent numbers to multiple PPC campaigns, email campaigns, and even specific pages on the website.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. I wish the detail and notetaking features were a little more extensive and able to integrate with Google Analytics to provide details on true leads, revenue attribution, etc. Recently the export feature changed and required some digging to find the original export format, but this issue is resolved.

Revenue attribution is the best problem we have solved. Now we know if those phone calls are actually being turned into sales. Even better, we can take some of the buzz words our customers use, and turn them into copy for attracting new leads!

CallRail review by Kiva M.
Kiva M.

"Elegant UI, Powerful Call Analytics: CallRail is the best call tracking product on the market."

What do you like best?

CallRail is easy to set up. They're always adding functionality and their level of customer service is unsurpassed. I've never worked with a company that cares so much about its customers.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about CallRail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. That's what I did before I ended up with them and I'm glad that I did. It gave me a good understanding of what was important. Every company is a little different in this space so do some homework and make sure that you're getting all the functionality you need before really investing in one vendor. Remember that, while it may seem like a simple vendor decision, choosing a call tracking vendor is a bit more mission-critical than other vendors--especially if all customers begin to interact with your business on the phone (like mine.)

I hire companies to do local search marketing for me and it's difficult to know which vendor is actually producing results. By using CallRail to track the campaigns their running, I get a holistic view of lead generation and lead quality. I can't imagine running any business that gets leads over the phone without CallRail. It's a critical part of our business now.

CallRail review by Stacy M.
Stacy M.

"CallRail has been instrumental for us"

What do you like best?

Callrail gives us the data to support everything we need to know about our research and how patients are reaching us, verifying assumptions we've had with actual facts or given us other unique information we weren't aware of. We also receive a great training tool to help our team members and to give the best experience possible to our patients calling into our offices. There are options to tag calls to make it easy to sort and find by certain words, and we can also search based by campaign names, time frames, or users who called.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of anything I dislike. Callrail is easy to use, is a fantastic training tool, and has helped me learn so much more about the campaigns we're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't currently track their marketing or calls.

The problem we're solving is knowing what campaigns are/are not working so we can analyze our strategies better. The benefits we've realized is not only knowing campaign success but having a training tool for our team members. We can listen in almost real time to phone conversations and take immediate action to improve our team members rather than waiting days, weeks, months, etc. for us to become aware of an issue happening. This can effectively improve our business that much faster. We are able to find out what our patients are looking for so we can be better prepared for them, which in turn makes our office more productive and profitable.

CallRail review by Jim H.
Jim H.

"The only solution you need. "

What do you like best?

Integration w/ Analytics. Ability to customize naming conventions. Client Access, Notifications, Ease of technical implementation. Ease of data export, call logging, tracking and tagging. Ability to PROVE ROI to every client. For PPC, this has proven invaluable for clients that book or sell over the phone.

What do you dislike?

That I don't have a call rail shirt on my back at the moment. That I didn't implement Call Rail sooner for some clients, that I didn't find call rail sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. I haven't ported numbers here before or away from them, but their pool of pre existing numbers to use has always been available in the locale needed even in popular NYC area codes.

It's 2016, small business should be able to do some basic attribution to their marketing efforts. It's like the big G's Analytics for your phone calls. That means simply you can give the client valuable actionable data and reports. You can back up actions w/ results reporting that affects business far more than any keyword ranking report ever did.

CallRail review by Nathan P.
Nathan P.

"Client loves the Transparency and Ease of Use. A must have for Automotive Industry"

What do you like best?

Being able to show call after call to the dealer, let them listen to the call recordings for quality control and also have a hand in tracking just how much call traffic they get and when is a huge asset. We give the dealer access as well as our marketing people so that at any time they see what we see. Adding numbers is a breeze and replacing the old number withing AdWords for PPC is also cray easy. Great job CallRail!

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to complain about here...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. No regrets.

We are using Callrail to give a much more accurate picture of people who "click to call" or manually dial the phone numbers in our PPC campaigns. AdWords can be a bit wonky in their reporting accuracy...and moving to CallRail was a no brainer. We use CallRail across many automotive clients and all rave about it.

CallRail review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Best Call Tracking on the Market"

What do you like best?

I have almost every platform out there over the last 20 years and callrail is the best. Why? It very low cost, has every option you could need for SMB especially.... and most importantly its incredibly easy to use and I can manage everything myself... If i want a new number I just create it and go. With other companies I would have to contact support and wait and wait... I manage both Traditional and Digital advertising, Callrail handle both with ease.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could route call based on the geography of the caller. Reporting could be enhanced a little more...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for yourself with the free trial. Nothing to lose and you get every feature. Take a small amount of time to go through the training materials so you get everything set up correctly the first time.. It will only take a few minutes to get through but will be helpful later on.. Also don't be fooled by the simplicity of user interface... There are a lot of advanced features for you to use... but you need to play around for a little bit to find them.

Our major problem is advertising attribution. Callrail is great tool to assist in that.

CallRail review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Record calls and track effectiveness of marketing campaigns."

What do you like best?

Call recording rocks. Any call placed through CallRail can be recorded and an email send seconds after the call with the recording. That means you don't ned to take notes when you're out on your mobile because CallRail is already doing that!

What do you dislike?

The only thing missing is an automated attendant like Grasshopper has. I know that's not the purpose of CallRail, but if it had that added, it would be a 1-top call solution service!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched a number of other solutions. CallRail is awesome. You can load on a bunch of phone numbers on an existing account and just pay incremental costs. Hard to go wrong with the great service and very reasonable pricing.

We need to track the effectiveness of our clients advertising campaigns. When an ad is shown to a person, oftentimes they will simply phone the client. With CallRail we can track that calls placed to our clients came through our marketing services, and even pinpoint down to the specific ad that is most effective.

CallRail review by Dillon W.
Dillon W.

"Marketing Analyst using CallRail to track digital marketing success for various clients. "

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to navigate and integrations across multiple platforms are simple to set up.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to select or narrow down calls for a specific client by source. We have a lot of clients that have multiple phone numbers set up for different channels. To do this, I have to export a report and then total up my calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is very user friendly and the interface is easy to understand and learn. If there are things missing or functionality you'd like to see, chances are that it is in the works as CallRail frequently updates the platform and improves the product. Their customer support is also attentive, fast to answer you and extremely helpful.

We are using the platform to track calls we are sending to clients via different channels such as paid search, social media and SEO. Using specific phone numbers, it is cool to see how some print ads might take a while to catch on, but receive calls for longer than the intended time frame we expected the impact of the ad to run.

CallRail review by Nicole O.
Nicole O.

"My favorite call tracking service overall"

What do you like best?

The interface is super simple to use for both my company and for my client users.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were better reporting options for offline campaigns (the only type of campaign we currently run). I'd like to be able to see percentages of how many calls were answered, abandoned, etc. I'd also like a more client-friendly summary report that could be used on a daily or weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of now, we only use CallRail for offline tracking numbers. In this capacity though it has served all of our needs and at a cost that is extremely affordable. The interface is very user friendly and all the data you need is there if you know how to find it. I have seen a few other companies that have better reporting options, but CallRail is still miles ahead of the competition in most areas.

We are a direct response television agency for medical practices so on the agency side we are watching real time results from our commercials and making adjustments as necessary to get the most about of leads. On the client side they use call rail to follow up with calls that were abandoned or not answered.

CallRail review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="373f646f-1143-4c27-8060-c7aa212cf76d">Will M.</span>
Will M.
" itemprop="name" />

"CallRail Gives Me the Ability to Evaluate Marketing Investments & Deliver Better ROI to My Customers"

What do you like best?

Since the beginning, I've LOVED the dynamic number insertion that allows more accurate tracking of leads that come in from online advertising. It's easy to setup and integrate with the WordPress sites that I build. I also love the white label feature. Since I began using it, I've really come to enjoy the new features that are continuously introduced over time.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about CallRail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It's inexpensive and offers so many insights to marketers!

Marketing in the 21st Century requires a whole new bag of tools. Customers who were previously comfortable investing in newspaper or radio had no issues with not being able to truly measure the impacts of those campaigns, but when they invest in digital advertising, they want to know, to the T, how well it's working. Not only can I show my customers the ROI that advertising online can bring, I can also show them the value that I deliver as a marketer.

CallRail review by randy h.
randy h.

"Call Rail is great for helping us track our calls and adwords effectiveness"

What do you like best?

Call rail is easy to use and it allows us to track the effectiveness of our adwords campaigns by assigning unique phone numbers to each campaign.

The dashboard is easy to use and it is easy to listen to archived calls and see which groups are performing the best.

What do you dislike?

There are not too many things that we dislike about Call Rail. We had some initial trouble integrating with our google account but it seems to be resolved now. I think it was more of an issue with the coding on our site than the actual Call Rail interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would recommend Call Rail to anyone who would like a simple way to track their calls.

The main benefit is being able to track each campaign and ad with a unique number. Our phone system is also able to display which ad group is calling so our sales team knows how to handle the call.

CallRail review by Peder A.
Peder A.

"The Missing Piece Of Tracking Your Marketing"

What do you like best?

CallRail is a platform that has been essential to me showcasing value to my clients. As an online marketing strategist, it has been one of the missing pieces to track customer engagement with a company beyond just a visit or form submission.

In may cases I have found that there are many more calls generated from paid advertising online than there were tracked form submissions from a specific campaign.

Without CallRail I would never have known this and probably made uninformed (and harmful) choices on where to spend advertising budget.

I can't stress enough that many times this has been the missing piece in tracking our advertising efforts both online and offline to make well informed decisions on where we should be spending our money.

Also, their customer service, when I have needed it, has been very helpful and I feel truly valued as a customer.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about CallRail. The one thing that would make things easier is to be able to take specific area codes and still let them call in just fine (in other words not block them), but then not report them as a tracked call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Customer Service + Great Analytics + Great Integration = Amazing Product

It has helped us showcase the value of digital advertising as an agency, but has also helped us optimize our campaigns for clients to be even more effective.

Because of CallRail we have helped make better informed decisions that help our customers make even more revenue.

CallRail review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"CallRail promises and delivers! "

What do you like best?

CallRail is relatively simple to implement, has a well-designed dashboard, and offers useful integrations with other helpful services. Their customer service is top notch, and as company they seem to delight in developing their service into a bigger and better product.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up things I don' t like about CallRail. It would be nice if they offered a multiple account discount, but it works so well, I'm not really disappointed that they don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't check out CallRail. They are a top-notch company and, if their service fits your needs, you're likely to be very pleased with their product and price.

Before CallRail we only knew half the story of our online marketing efforts. Now we have a much more complete understanding of what works and what doesn't -- thanks for CallRail. It allows to us offer better service too, by allowing seamless texting.

CallRail review by Shannon P.
Shannon P.

"Call Rail has exeeded our expecations!!!"

What do you like best?

The keyword & lead source tracking detail is VERY helpful to us. It allows us to make decisions with other marketing efforts based on the most frequent keywords that get our potential customers calling us.

Really like that we can have various user logins and don't have to pay per user. This allows us to give our SEO & PPC vendors access to our reporting from CallRail without them having full access to our account and also, we don't have to manually send them reports either.

Also, it's very user friendly. Just the right amount of capabilities. No need for a computer programming degree to make it work for any business model.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't find CallRail earlier :)

Really, can't think of anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-try the free trial

-have the sales person give you a demo. it really helped us realized how easy CallRail works & how it's potential value for our particular companies

-knowing what keywords are driving our potential clients to call us

-what lead sources are working best for us

-using this info to focus our paid & organic advertising to target the most important keywords based on our CallRail reporting. Particularly important with our AdWords campaign, as we're able to weed out the less effective keywords & focus on the winning keywords, which has increased our ROI significantly.

After using it for one of our contracting companies for about 2 months, we signed up for our other company. It's been a great product. Very happy with the system. Also, the pricing is reasonable.

Another note: I've had to contact support on a few occasions for some tracking issues we were experiencing. On all occasions the tech team was incredibly helpful and stuck with us until the problem was resolved.

CallRail review by Jerod S.
Jerod S.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and easily create tracking numbers is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The service is well thought out.

We are now able to directly attribute leads to specific marketing channels without having to guess or even ask the lead how they found us. This helps us spend marketing dollars strategically.

CallRail review by Conrad O.
Conrad O.

"Easy-to-use call tracking solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to install, configure and use on any website. The included reporting is very good. Integrates well with Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

Only one account per domain. Costs go up sharply if you use a lot of minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research and track your minutes.

Call tracking from various web traffic sources. Tracking calls in Google Analytics. Ability to show/report on these metrics to clients.

CallRail review by Jake J.
Jake J.

"Great dashboard with excellent integrations!"

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use as a customer is my favorite part. From the dashboard, to onboarding, to Google integrations - this has been my best experience with call tracking to date.

What do you dislike?

Really don't have a complaint at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for a week and I bet you will switch full time.

Call tracking is our biggest measurement point for leads and revenue for many clients we serve. The simplicity of reports also makes it very simple to show clients what is and is not working.

CallRail review by Mike O.
Mike O.

"Never wonder where your leads came from again"

What do you like best?

CallRail's dashboard allows one to see where each call came from and then can be compared to Google Analytics if call tracking is enabled there. Dashboard is clear, concise, and pretty self explantory. Also easy to have multiple clients on a single account and track them all with their own analytics.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Can record calls (or not). Easy to implement.

One big problem we faced with clients was demonstrating that calls were coming from their online sources (website, organic search, PPC, etc). We implemented numbers for each channel so now we can show where all of their calls that we generate are coming from.

CallRail review by Jean-Luc V.
Jean-Luc V.

"CallRail let's you see who is calling, when and how they got to you. And then some."

What do you like best?

I love seeing call conversion in my Google Analytics. Who called and where did they come from. Recording and reporting is great too. How many new callers? How many minutes? It's all there.

What do you dislike?

I think there is still room in reporting for improvements - especially in weekly reports by email. I would love those to be clickable and have more detail - or for example have an Excel attachment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use the keyword pool tracking so that you can really attribute calls to website visits. Getting the individual call emails sent out is very helpful for sales as well.

For our B2B clients we're really trying to create an environment where we can see all inbound lead activity come together in one place. Calltracking has allowed us to show our clients exactly how many people actually use the website to look up their phone number and call. "We never get a call from the website". Now we can have meaningful discussions around calls - how many are support, clients - how many are new.

Sharing some of the recordings has also been eye-opening: after doing so much to GET someone to call and then HEAR how they are treated ... :)

CallRail review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"A Great Resource for Tracking Calls"

What do you like best?

We're using CallRail to track a multitude of clients for both online and offline advertising campaigns. It's incredibly useful to keep everything organized and the current interface and reporting are clear and easy to understand for our clients. The support staff is also top-notch. They are quick to respond to inquiries and have no problems with doing a lot of hand-holding if necessary.

What do you dislike?

I have only run into issues with trying to track more than one number on the same site using the Wordpress plugin. As it stands, I am forced to hard-code subsequent dynamic replacement codes. Also the user interface changes from time-to-time and while generally for the better, some aspects are hard to relocate following a change.

It's a real benefit to have more than just reports showing where calls are coming from. Having access to the actual audio from customer calls gives us information that you could never get from a simple report.

CallRail review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"CallRail has been a substantial part of our success and client satisfaction."

What do you like best?

I use CallRail to track my own and my clients' campaigns with ease, which adds value to our services while providing complete transparency to our customers. I love that we can record calls, which helps gauge the quality of each inbound lead.

What do you dislike?

While I love the platform as a whole, I'd really like to see some improved and additional integrations with other platforms (ie- LexusNexis, Google Analytics, DemandForce, SalesForce, et cetera). They seem to continue to update their software with new and improved features frequently. I don't like that the integrations are limited to a few third party vendors. I'd like to see more in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to CallRail, make sure you just start with the fundamentals, then get into the other features. If you're a pro and have a lot of experience with lead tracking softwares, then jump right in. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

I use CallRail to provide full transparency to my clients. Aside from tracking leads that were generated as a result of my firm's efforts, CallRail also helps our clients understand how their phones are being answered and how leads are being handled via call recording. The fact that we can integrate with their lead handling software, such as SalesForce, is a big plus. I recommend this software to anyone who is looking for more transparency in performance reporting for their clients or for their own business.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"CallRail - Easiest Call Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Set up was extremely simple, with easy to follow tutorials and screenshots. The interface is very clean and polished, with great built-in reports. Google Analytics integration was a snap, and once you're set up, the software generates all phone calls as a Goal in GA reports.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The lack of Salesforce integration was a slight downfall, but that problem was easily solved with Zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend -- very easy to use, and excellent customer service from their support team.

We use CallRail for our agency, and for our clients. Offering the product to our clients is a great added bonus, and they appreciate our proactively finding new solutions to enhance their PPC campaigns. From an Admin perspective, we are able to easily manage all of our clients within the program.

The reporting is phenomenal, and the pricing is great. A 14-day free trial is also available.

CallRail review by Gary M.
Gary M.

"Perfect for our business. "

What do you like best?

Easy setup of new company accounts, great integration capabilities. Call flows are simple to use, and very powerful, allowing us to configure almost any imaginable call handling routines.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really can't find anything I don't care for about CallRail. Everything has worked perfectly since day one, and I only ever needed support once or twice, and the response was prompt and thorough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the 'Call Flows' and Integrations. You can configure easily and connect to just about anything.

We use CallRail for tracking, recording, and routing of calls from pay-per-click campaigns. We collect keyword data from phone calls using their 'phone number pools' . We also use their webhooks integration to route caller data to our CRM system so that our users can immediately pull up a file during a live call, and continue their sales routine seamlessly.

CallRail review by Shlomo T.
Shlomo T.

"Easy seamless experience "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Callrail is the ability to switch between account and the ability to tag call seamlessly.

Additionall the user management is really easy. This allows me to add clients to their specific accounts so that they get insight in to their calls. Another great aspect is the integration with Google Analytics and the recent integration with Optimzely.

Also really love the attribution factor so I know which channel is working best for my clients as well as the ability to connect calls with landing pages.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I like all the features nothing specific comes to mind as negative feedback.

The main issue we solve with CallRail is connecting online with offline. Most people prefer to call and when you do not have a way of tracking that effectively you lose key insight in to whats working and whats not.

CallRail review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

the best thing about CallRail is the price. Everything BEGINS with the price, but ultimately customer service is where it is at. They are very good about staying on top of us with any questions or concerns we may have. I am impressed with our relatively cheap price that they have such good service. Thanks Call Rail!

What do you dislike?

I always hate paying anything for expansion line, or call tracking numbers. But with that in mind, we are definitely not paying for nothing like most companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Service for a great price

We are able to track our GoogleAds. More importantly we can listen to each conversation so we know if it is our fault vs. bad leads.

CallRail review by Stephen T.
Stephen T.

" Great Service at a Great Price!"

What do you like best?

Perfect solution for my business! I am able to track all my different marketing campaigns and quickly follow up with new leads.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see older texts. Sometimes I need to refer to older messages when following up with potential clients.

Tracking multiple marketing campaigns.

CallRail review by Kelsey J.
Kelsey J.

"Great Product Interface and Tech Support"

What do you like best?

CallRail is really easy to use and has a beautiful interface. I can also often learn how to do things I can't figure out myself and the support is very responsive. Data is convenient to export and it's very easy to set up new forwarding numbers. I also like the simplicity of setting up user accounts for my clients.

What do you dislike?

It's not completely obvious how you navigate around your dashboard, especially if you have separate businesses. I'm also not a huge fan of the reporting data. I wish they would just supply me with all of the data with separated information for me to export and put in my own spreadsheet (no need for your graphs). Maybe I'm just a nerd.

We are mostly using CallRail to track business calls made because of our listing site. It's basically just a great tracking tool.

CallRail review by Ron P.
Ron P.

"Amaing Tech Accessible to All"

What do you like best?

The ability to track the source of a call is priceless for paid marketing campaigns. The customer service us also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a single think I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trail and you will see for yourself

We offer web services which include lead generation. Our problem was being able to show the client an accurate representation of how many leads they are getting as a result of our marketing. This technology solved that problem.

CallRail review by Lark M.
Lark M.

"Very happy! "

What do you like best?

I love how I'm able to track where my calls are coming from. I have several businesses online and some of them share the same phone number so it's nice to know who's calling and where they came from online to see our site.

What do you dislike?

The set up process and the lingo is a little bit different than what I'm used to. I thought it may have been a little technical but the staff at CallRail was very helpful and able to walk me through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webinars and online resources very helpful.

We are seeing that our staff isn't following protocol (because we have recorded calls we can hear them) and that there needs to be some changes made.

The benefits are great! We are giving our staff better tips for greater support, and setting up different lines to ease communication.

CallRail review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Good value for call tracking"

What do you like best?

The value of the package(s). I looked and compared a lot of different service providers and the value is second to none with the numbers you get and the number of minutes included for the same price point. And the system is overall quite easy to use with moderate learning curve.

What do you dislike?

I don't know exactly how, but I think the dashboard could be more intuitive and easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the different packages offered out there. I'm pretty confident that CallRail offers one of the best along with good call quality. I also like the automated email notifications so that I can keep track of what numbers are getting what calls.

The features to customize the call is pretty extensive and there's nothing else much I would need.

Call tracking for clients and lead generation campaigns for local businesses.

CallRail review by J.P. V.
J.P. V.

"Solid Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

CallRail provides tracked phone numbers for use in marketing campaigns, which makes attributing calls to specific efforts much easier. It's especially helpful for interruptive/display campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The integrations with AdWords and Google Analytics can be a bit wonky, and you can only have one number pool per website, even if you have multiple phone numbers.

Defining real ROI for marketing campaigns when the majority of responses come via phone call.

CallRail review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Easy Call Tracking, Easy API"

What do you like best?

Our company needed not only an easy way to track calls, but an easy way to bring that call tracking data into our application and CallRail delivered on both fronts.

What do you dislike?

The only part about CallRail that I'm not a fan of is their 8 number requirement for dynamic number insertion. I realize that there has to be a big enough pool of numbers to make sure that every concurrent user receives their own number, but I feel this minimum should be more like 3-4.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! After looking around at other services, CallRail has all of the features you'd need, a reasonable price, and an easy-to-use API.<