CallRail

CallRail is a phone call tracking and analytics platform that helps businesses understand which marketing campaigns are delivering valuable phone call conversions.

Work for CallRail?

Learning about CallRail?

CallRail Reviews

Ask CallRail a Question
Showing 412 CallRail reviews
CallRail review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

Great call tracking service!

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set up callrail on the website and for google analytics/adwords. The simplicity of the process was what I liked at first.

Getting the recordings of new calls coming in has been helpful for quality assurance as well. Plus, if you have any issues, their tech team is on point.

Most importantly, is very easy for me to track the ROI for our website and social campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could capture Google Maps calls, because I think we get most of our business from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easier way to track Google Maps calls without changing the "main" number. Perhaps connecting Google My Business Stats.

It has significantly reduced the amount of time I spend tracking where internet calls come from.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CallRail
CallRail review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

Startup Using Callrail

What do you like best?

I like how easy to setup the service was. I love the configurability and I think the pricepoint makes it very accessible, even to small companies like ours. I also was thrilled at the level of service I received when I had a billing issue.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards, especially a few months ago, were rather confusing. Settings were /(sometimes still are) somewhat buried and inaccessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its got all the features you need at an appropriate price. Good, solid software and service.

We are tracking calls to retail stores from our local retail web marketing platform. We've been able to see how many calls our platform generates for our clients and from what area. We've also been able to provided more sophisticated call workflow than what our clients were using previously.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

CallRail review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

A great way to track calls and establish ROI.

What do you like best?

We work with customers who are getting a lot of phone calls, and it's important for us to know where those calls are coming from. We want to establish the fact that a website can be a great place to generate leads and phone calls, and CallRail helps us do just that. We use it for PPC and organic tracking, and we're able to tie back revenue directly to those streams. We can also create 1-800 numbers, which is create for clients who are looking for more of a unique branding.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can be a little trick to get a hang of, and the names that come through attach to calls can be unreliable. I often have to use other tools, or Excel to cross compare leads in our database with the information coming in through CallRail to really prove spend or ROI which can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test your set up to make sure you're doing it correctly. We've had instances where we were double tracking calls in AdWords and CallRail, so really read those instructions and reach out to support if you have the time.

We are doing more with the phone calls instead of just letting that phone ring. We're determining where we should be focusing our time, and knowing where phone calls are coming from allows us to dictate strategy a little easier.

CallRail review by <span>Jeromé C.</span>
Jeromé C.

CallRail for Marketing and Anylitics Review

What do you like best?

Call tracking/analytics and that they integrate with Podio. Also the user interface is really simple and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The co-pilot feature being in the web browser and that there is no softphone app. I have to use a base phone system/Voip provider along with CallRail to make up for this feature not being up to speed with what our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you use another base phone system if you have more than a handful of employees. Placing outbound phone calls using CallRail isn't the most effective and we ran into challenges. Additionally, the mobile app could be improved along with the ability to save contacts like most other phone systems.

We are using CallRail to sync and push data into Podio our CRM/Communication platform. Additionally CallRail is great for marketing tracking and analytics but as a standalone phone system there are some challenges using the co-pilot feature.

CallRail review by <span>Beau H.</span>
Beau H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Call rail is a Must Have for any marketer!

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have multiple tracking numbers and it its very easy to setup and the customer service is great! It's also great that you get a 14 day free trial to see if it fits the needs of your business. Online analytics is a great thing for online and offline marketing. If you have the need to track which marketing piece if doing the best and phone calls can tell that to you, then call rail is the service you need. I know MANY professional marketing companies that use Call Rail.

What do you dislike?

On the app for iPhone when someone leaves a message, you MUST have your headphones in to listen to it. It will not play through the phone speakers. I have had difficulty setting up the last few numbers. I have had to call customer support to activate the numbers. Not sure what is happening. When I hit activate, nothing happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using call rail for your phone systems. If you have the need to track your marketing campaigns online or offline. Call rail can do it all. They can sync with google and every detail that you would need is trackable. In marketing, the ability to track your marketing is everything! You can now track every piece of marketing with a different number and you can then see the effectiveness of each marketing ad you do.

It solves having multiple phones. I can have 10 phone numbers with only a small monthly fee. I like having all the numbers in 1 centralized location where I can visualize all my marketing campaigns at once.

CallRail review by <span>Anthony A.</span>
Anthony A.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

CallRail is the leading Call Tracking & Recording platform, with a few small flaws.

What do you like best?

Call Recording and past Usage Statistics. Multiuser/company ability. Pricing is also very good and makes it easy for anyone to get started. Call Pools also are a fav feature of mine

What do you dislike?

I do not like how we can not mark up the minute's cost and sell them directly using stripe as a vendor. I would like for this feature to be added before I upgrade, or I will need to consider moving to Call Tracking Metrics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial, its a great way to learn and understand how some of the more advanced features like call pools work. You know will quickly if its a good fit for your company or agency.

We are using your platform to gain insights into our clients online and direct mailing campaigns and provide better insight how it all ties together. We have realised as much as we love online marketing, direct mailing is still hugely effective in some use cases and demographics.

Learn more about CallRail

CallRail Videos

Learning about CallRail?

* We monitor all CallRail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.