Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor’s easy-to-use, professional-grade email marketing and automation platform helps today’s fast-growing businesses use email to drive real, bottom line results.

Work for Campaign Monitor?

Learning about Campaign Monitor?

Campaign Monitor Reviews

Ask Campaign Monitor a Question
Showing 308 Campaign Monitor reviews
Campaign Monitor review by <span>Becca S.</span>
Becca S.

"Not all that I thought it would be"

What do you like best?

It makes email automation easy! I also love that we can apply dynamic content within the email campaigns. That is a game changer. It also makes A/B testing extremely simple.

What do you dislike?

Our customer success managers have been extremely unhelpful. Whenever I try to ask them a question they just send me to support. I’m not really sure what their purpose is because I feel like they know just about as much about email marketing as I do, so I can’t get much out of them.

I hate that you can’t customize the HTML for email campaigns unless you build up the entire email design in HTML.

The social shareability of email campaigns is absolutely dreadful. You can’t customize the social icon buttons at all, there’s no way in the email builder to create social sharing buttons without using a third party link generator, and there’s absolutely no customizability with the social card, so all of our emails look completely unformatted and terrible when shared on social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider other options. If you don’t care as much about the customizability within the email builder, don’t need much direction from your customer success manager, and aren’t trying to do anything too complex with segmenting, then Campaign Monitor is a great option for you.

It is helping us immensfully with automation. It’s helped us realize the value in creating welcome campaigns for our subscribers.

Campaign Monitor has also helped us realize the importance of personalization in emails, as well as segmentation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stamatis Z.</span>
Stamatis Z.

"Campaign Monitor Review"

What do you like best?

Templates are neat and customizable, but I usually just modified my premise designs.

WSYWIG design works well and quickly.

Personalized segmentation options are very helpful.

Worldview is amazing - it is magical watching people open messages around the globe.

Last, but not least, price - very affordable for my size list of less than 500. And they offer non-profit rates.

What do you dislike?

While segments are very customizable, it is not easy putting clients into these segments, has to be done manually one-by-one (there are shortcuts for adding a new contact).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool when you're starting out with email marketing as it allows for standard sending activities and basic email performance reports. Useful if you do one-off database purchases with stand-alone campaigns. Advanced users will find it limited.

The ability to conduct campaigns, then monitor who opens and activity. This is actionable data which can be transmitted to our sales group.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Tom D.</span>
Tom D.

"Excellent email builder and so easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating professional and creative email campaigns in minutes, if you have a few images and copy prepared. The world view is awesome too - being able to see email opened in real time, where and when. I like that you can give emails sent your own name, and email address for replies. Adds a really nice personal touch.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to have even more control over the design - such as being able to change icon styles, or being able to place social media share buttons in more than one place. Being able to upload images as background styles would be good too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other products alongside this - I come back to Campaign Monitor every time for ease of use.

Being able to send highly professional emails, to say, a list of candidates from a careers fair, at short notice, is great. It provides a great candidate experience and it looks and feels way better than a standard email.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kirk B.</span>
Kirk B.

"Great email marketing platform to start with"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload contact lists, easy to create and edit campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Email template editor is awful. Not as bad as say MS Dynamics CRM... But its more difficult than MailChimp. This is mainly my biggest pain point with CM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to look at the others that G2 has reviews on. I used MailChimp for many years and while Campaign Monitor is much cheaper than MailChimp, it doesn't stand up to it. CM is a great budget platform to use for outbound email. There are others out there that will do a little more for a few more dollars. Active Campaign is one of those. Overall CM is a good company and easy to work with. They have great support but fall short in only a few areas. Would be a good starting out platform to use.

Solving email marketing automation and updates back into SalesForce. CM allows us to send email without having to resort to using Outlook. Its always surprising to me how many businesses still use Outlook to send outbound marketing email.

While CM's email servers tend to not be as widely accepted by other businesses we market to, their support does do their best to help figure out what went wrong with hard bounces from blocked servers.

List/subscribers are easy to use and add/delete contacts from. Support is very good and responds quickly. Many plugins for other platforms.

I would also point out that the way that campaign stats are presented is not quite there as well. Would like some deeper dive ability to zoom in and out on a campaign.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Muhammath M.</span>
Muhammath M.

"The best way to Manage your Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

First of all, it is free and it is one of the best email marketing tool available in the market. The way they design the dashboard makes it easy to learn about it. They have well designed and simple website with easy navigation. Even though beginner can design, send and built subscribers using Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor is really good If you are in the field of blogging, marketing etc.. Use Campaign Monitor and thank me Later.

What do you dislike?

I really can't able to think anything bad about Campaign Monitor. Because as long as I use Campaign Monitor I feel good and it really helps to get some traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are the blogger, you have to use it for your blog. If you are the marketer, you can't find better email companion than Campaign Monitor

As the blogger, I feel Campaign Monitor is the best way to promote my blog via E-mail. Before getting into the service of Campaign Monitor I like to use some of the other email marketing but I feel something more with Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor really helps me to get some traffic and get some sales by emails.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kara H.</span>
Kara H.

"Non-Profit use of Campaign Monitor"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Campaign monitor because the templates make it easy to use and to send visually appealing e-mails. I also appreciate the analytics Campaign Monitor provides. This helps me to track open rates for the emails we send and to be able to follow up with those who have not opened the email yet.

What do you dislike?

You pay by the number of contacts you have not by the number of contacts you use, so you have to be very diligent about cleaning up your list if you only want to send someone an email once. Also, when trying to integrate plug-ins it can be difficult. We are trying to link our Campaign Monitor with a donation software and the plug-in was complicated and created problems with launching the campaigns we wanted to launch. Also, the lists that Campaign Monitor allows you to create does not allow for people to be included on several lists and they charge you for a person again if you want to add them to several lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create better ways for lists to be created and used. There are many emails I would like to send to all of our lists and I am unable to without clicking through every list to add it to a campaign.

Campaign Monitor allows us to send mass emails with lots of imagery to many people at once. It also allows for drip campaigns to be set up and to help follow up with our contacts.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Jenna G.</span>
Jenna G.

"Easy to Learn, Easy to Use & Cost Effective "

What do you like best?

Templates! There are around 50 templates available and they all look great and easy to use. This may seem like a low number of templates but from what I've seen from others such as MailChimp, I prefer CM templates.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little high compared to others. However, we had a client who has paying over $5,000 a month for just email marketing and with CM, they know pay $1,100 for the unlimited plan. It makes the client happy and us happy, so we don't mind the price.

Also, reporting is pretty basic and support is limited to email only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend giving Campaign moinitor a free trial! It's interface is excellent and easy to use, templates are straightforward and look good, and you can use certain web fonds in templates, which is great for branding!

One of the main things we want to be more efficient on was auto-responding and marketing automation with emails. CM is very easy and you can use data segmentation to ensure relevant groups of people get the right message.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Galen S.</span>
Galen S.

"Campaign monitor makes basic email marketing easy"

What do you like best?

I only use Campaign Monitor really for only basic email marketing campaigns... and they do make it easy! Adding new email lists, adding a new email template (and editing that email template) are all super easy and straightforward tasks. Can't really complain!

What do you dislike?

I wish Campaign Monitor made uploading and managing suppression/black lists easier. Right now it is kind of a buried feature. Also uploading and managing your templates in Campaign monitor can be difficult as well. I wish there was a way I could make a quick edit to the CSS or HTML of one of my templates while editing an email before a send.

Like I said previously, I use Campaign monitor for pretty basic email marketing tasks. So if you are looking for a pretty affordable and easy-to-use email marketing platform, Campaign Monitor is a good choice.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Dawn M.</span>
Dawn M.

"Easy, seamless!"

What do you like best?

I like that we can take our iPad to trade shows and using the accompanying CM app have our attendees sign up their email accounts, and then every email address is added to a list in our account. It makes sorting through email addresses and targeting out customers so much easier!

What do you dislike?

There isn't a place to insert a PDF, so I have to use another site to create a link for a PDF to insert into emails.

We are reaching customers who may not have a physical address. We are in the glass replacement business, and some businesses are done out of trucks. It's also nice to be able to target our areas, for example, when we have a branch move, we can target that area with our lists, versus sending out an email to all 8,000 of our addresses for something that only one city needs to know.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Mark S.</span>
Mark S.

"Gives my small business a big-company look"

What do you like best?

Gives you the ability to preview exactly what your emails to prospects and buyers will look like. Easy to tweak until you get it just right. Good flexibility in text formatting and image inclusion.

What do you dislike?

We needed to have our developer create a custom template from scratch that exactly matched our requirements and gave us the look and flexibility we sought. Occasionally we need his help to tweak format/appearance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check whether their templates will meet your needs, or if you will need a developer's assistance.

We need to send customers multiple emails that confirm purchase, provide an estimated ship date, notify that an item has shipped, supply assembly & care instructions, etc. In Campaign Monitor we store a library of these various transactional emails, which are easy to update and to trigger.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stefanie D.</span>
Stefanie D.

"Campaign Monitor is easy and effective."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to import contact lists and how I'm able to add email addresses to the do not contact list if necessary (this ensures that that email address with never receive an email from you). Also, it is easy to manage several campaigns at one time and allows you to send a test email to yourself before launching a campaign.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything integral to Campaign Monitor that I would change. It might be nice to change up the look as it is a bit boring. Also, they recently raised their prices with is disappointing but understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Campaign Monitor for those without much experience launching online/email campaigns. It is user friendly and you can also give access to your advertising agency (if applicable) so they can upload the templates for you.

We are using this platform to send email campaigns to our patients. This is helpful in increasing our follow-through rates.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Jossalyn H.</span>
Jossalyn H.

"My Experience with Campaign Monitor"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is very user-friendly and the minimal coding that is involved is easy to learn. I like that we can organize all of our political clients on one platform. It's easy to customize the templates for each of my clients and it allows you to organize the content of your email blasts.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be touchy when uploading new subscribers. It completely locked me out of our account for about 48 hours, which was very inconvenient. I do understand the reasoning to prevent unfair targeting of subscribers, however. I just wish there was a better customer service feature available to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Campaign Monitor for companies who are looking to send out mass email blasts on behalf of their clients. It's easy to use and helpful in getting results for clients (especially political clients).

I mainly use Campaign Monitor to send out press releases and fundraising blasts for my political clients. This platform allows us to reach a broad audience of potential donors and supporters of our candidates. I have realized that the open rate increases exponentially depending on who the email is from and what the subject line is.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Shahriar Mark (Shar) M.</span>
Shahriar Mark (Shar) M.

"Pioneers of Agency EMM"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor created value for small and micro enterprise from day one, and keyed into creative agencies providing email marketing their white-label and agency reseller. For all clients, that means keeping the Customer Experience superior in serving their customer and end user.

What do you dislike?

Lack of telephone support, but that's rarely an issue and their email support is quite responsive and detailed.

Providing email marketing services to our web design and development clients has enabled us opportunities to integrate and consult on email marketing, and service one of the best ROI components of digital marketing ecosystem. Campaign Monitor's understanding of that relationship, and building a user friendly yet powerful platform makes it an easy recommendation. Their templates set the standard for others to follow, and their graphical automations and testing make it a breeze.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Eric F.</span>
Eric F.

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to do everything in Campaign Monitor. You can get an email created in a very short amount of time, which is great!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more information on users. It's not a CRM, but if there were more features to better understand engagement levels of users it would be really helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to create great-looking emails quickly, Campaign Monitor is a great solution! Especially if you have multiple clients. The marketing dashboard makes it very easy to manage.

We use the software for ourselves and our clients. It has great functionality and it's very easy to train new employees on. We also appreciate how they don't charge you extra for additional users!

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kurt W.</span>
Kurt W.

"An Quick Overview of Campaign Monitor"

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive, without sacrificing functionality.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations in customization capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to assess your organization's needs before committing to any email automation solution. This solution allows for very robust tracking, reporting, and segmentation of your database. It may be more than you are looking for if you only have a small to medium sized database.

At the time our organization was looking for a more powerful tool to create customized, automated, and reportable email communications to its lead database. This tool allowed us to support a marketing strategy that delivered against the organization's growth objectives. We were able to customize the email templates easily to better align with our other digital footprints for consistency in the eyes of our customers. We were able to analyze and report on the status of our initiatives quickly and easily to the c-suite of the organization. Without having to constantly engage with designers or custom developers, we were able to create more effective communications that increased our ability to drive leads and monitor their activities through our sales funnel. Campaign Monitor became an important solution within our sales strategy and was easily manageable with a small marketing and sales team. In particular our marketing team was able to spend more time using the valuable data being captured instead of being stuck in a more cumbersome system trying to get it working the way we needed it to.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Good tool with strong UI and easy deployment process"

What do you like best?

The wizywig for email template creation is extremely easy to use. The insights tab is also a helpful overview to provide baseline performance for a company's entire instance. Beyond timeframe, there aren't filters to incorporate, but there are alternative reporting features for more detailed analytics needs.

What do you dislike?

Moving from an email template to custom code is not possible. Editing the code for an entire email instead of just one table within an email template is also not intuitive. The previews for mobile are not entirely accurate, which I have seen with other tools too, most of which outsource that functionality to Email on Acid and Litmus. It would be great to have similar functionality to Google doc so that multiple users can editing one email simultaneously, but I don't expect that to become a common feature for any marketing automation tools - it would just be really helpful when they are many end users who need to collaborate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare MailChimp and Emma as those are the most comparable tools in my experience. Campaign Monitor is a good tool for companies with many end-users managing different, mutually exclusive email sends at the same time.

We have other tools to support automated and more logic intensive comms needs with our companies' users, so Campaign Monitor fits a specific use case that needs to be supported for most teams internally. We use Campaign Monitor to support independent teams, emailing internal stakeholders and their own external constituents, with emails that don't need extensive personalization or automated functionality.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

"Campaign Monitor Product Review"

What do you like best?

Our favourite feature which differentiates Campaign Monitor from other email campaign software is their email open map that shows email opens in real-time around the world. When users open your email, a little pin pops up on a map. It is a really great way to visualize the impact of your email contacts.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that there isn't as many native connections to different platforms such as WordPress in comparison to MailChimp.

We use Campaign Monitor to help our clients reach their customers. Campaign Monitor allows you to create visually appealing emails that work on mobile as well as desktop - so we are able to reach our customers where they are.

Our open rates with Campaign Monitor remain high, and our clients have come to expect great results.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent but not suitable for large, longtime higher ed audiences"

What do you like best?

Mailing list management is great (specifically the custom fields and segments) and you get very detailed and nicely designed reports right after sending each “campaign.” There’s even a map that shows each open and click in real time. It is easy to compose emails. You start with your choice for a basic templates and then customize). The interface and steps are clear throughout the experience. Everything "just works." I don’t think I ever needed to contact customer support. The documentation is great -- comprehensive and clear. As a bonus, on the CM website there are a lot of terrific email marketing info and resources.

What do you dislike?

Per its terms of use, you can only email people who have opted in and this means we cannot reach the majority of our alumni via Campaign Monitor. Too bad because it’s a great service with excellent features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read their policies carefully. Campaign Monitor doesn't just stick to anti-spam laws, it goes a bit further by requiring all your recipients to have expressly opted in to your email list -- and you will be asked for proof.

Reputation-building and keeping our brand in our constituents’ radar throughout the year. We need to send out well-designed, mobile-friendly communications to a large base of donors, faculty, 40,000 alumni and diplomatic/PR contacts. Although we are not able to use it for all our email campaigns, when we do use Campaign Monitor it saves our staff time and helps us get very good click rates (we’ve had as high as 45%, which we didn’t expect).

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Fábio A.</span>
Fábio A.

"Campaign Monitor: make your emails work for you"

What do you like best?

Like they say in the website, Campaign Monitor is "Powerful email marketing with drag-and-drop simplicity". They have it all.

A few years ago, when I started using it, you'd just got the basic newsletter system. They have it like everybody, but with better taste and good UX.

Now they also offer automation. How about sending a newsletter every month with your last posts? Or start a drip campaign after someone subscribes your mailing list. They also have transactional emails (I never used, but looks great).

Also, it's great for agencies. I like being able to set it up for my clients and let they handle it, including payments. Great resources for everybody. And feels more professional than Mailchimp, that use monkey jokes...

What do you dislike?

A few things feel wrong, like some pages in their site don't follow an unified design. If you're a designer, like me, you may need to forgive it. Where's the navigation in that page? Why titles are using different font sizes and families? Did they use several designers that don't work at the same time?

Emails can make miracles. Do you have customers? Keep compact with them, keep they close. Are you looking for leads? Nurture your target and look for your public.

With Campaign Monitor you can do several uses of email: newsletters, automation and transactional. Maybe they are not the big guys in this market, but Campaign Monitor is doing a great job.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Megan R.</span>
Megan R.

"Absolutely love it"

What do you like best?

Their newest version of their Email Journey's are very intuitive. It makes it effortless to end automated emails based on date ranges or engagement. It's made email marketing less of a chore! We have a very complicated contact system so we've been able to use their Contact List Segments to filter more granularly so we can be confident that we are always sending our emails to the right people. When you deal with so many different customers, it's important to know exactly who you are talking to. You can do that with Campaign Monitor.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there is not a way to track contacts by group. So if one of our customers have multiple contacts on their account we can't just email the lead for that organization. When the contacts are pulled into campaign monitor, they are created as separate contacts. There is no way to track which contacts are associated to the same organization.

Also, it would be nice to be able to exclude segments from receiving a email in a journey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their segments. It really helps you target the right people!

I'm in the process of trying to solve our automated email issues. We've discovered that using email journeys have kept our customers more engaged and has really helped me build better relationships with our customers. After all isn't that the point of communication?

"Completely Adequate "

What do you like best?

The best feature is that you're able to copy a past campaign news alert. This way, the formatting is completely the same and you're able to make small edits very quickly. It also gives the person receiving the alert an easy way to share with higher-level executives.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you're not able to see who is in an email group after you created it. With multiple members on a team using the same account, that can get really confusing and hard to trust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't create a specific email list within Campaign Monitor. Take the extra minute to manually input email addresses each time to avoid confusion/sending to the wrong client/etc. Make sure to have nice creative to accompany the alert - the basic template alone isn't enough.

When we get a placement for a client, we copy a small part of the article into Campaign Monitor while also providing KPI data. This gives our client a seamless and beautiful way to share PR/marketing wins with the rest of the organization.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Shaley M.</span>
Shaley M.

"Easy to Learn, Wonderful Templates & Keep Clients Organized"

What do you like best?

After using other marketing automation platforms like Hubspot, SurveyMonkey and Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor is the best. It's also preferred by the entire agency I work for, as well. We have multiple B2B clients and are able to keep them organized, and even grant private access to our clients so they can work in their account without seeing our other clients. It's very easy to learn and use. I built a beautiful email in just a few hours, and the templates in the library are modern and cutting edge. Reporting is great too!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Campaign Monitor. I prefer it over all other platforms I've tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out to make sure it has all of the capabilities you're looking for, and make sure your team enjoys using it.

Engaging B2B contacts through email, especially cold leads is tough. Campaign Monitor has made it easy for our team to create introductory emails to gather engaged leads and then lead them into specific workflows. The automation is simple, easy to use and effective. We're now getting 38% open rates on our engaged lists and 12% click through rates from email... which is far above industry standards.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Horia C.</span>
Horia C.

"The perfect email marketing tool for beginners "

What do you like best?

I appreciate Campaign monitor because of the built-in templates that are made for a simpler utilization and to send very engaging messages. I likewise the way that new users are welcomed at Campaign Monitor. This causes me to track open rates for the messages we send and to have the capacity to catch up with the leads who have not opened the email yet.

What do you dislike?

I have no objections about Campaign Monitor. Since I utilize Campaign Monitor I can finally relax and it truly gets some leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you stay up to date with the latest news on the prerequisites for what is required on in the industry and what is and isn't agreed to do.

Working with web apps and capturing emails from various web frames used to be a bothering, until I tried Campaign Monitor. It effectively coordinates their framework so email addresses are naturally populated in my segmented lists.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator

"Modern Themes and simple email creation processes"

What do you like best?

Building great, modern looking emails is super easy. I like that I can save all sorts of email lists designed for specific groups of clients and prospects.

What do you dislike?

They don't have the best email analytics reports - I with they had more straightforward information and deeper insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You pay for the amount of contacts you put into the system so if you have a limited budget make sure you properly sort your leads and don't waste budget on adding in wasted emails.

Easy follow up with potential leads, advertising for events, and consistent communication with clients. I have used this program as well as other email platforms such as mail chimp but campaign monitor has a simple drag and drop element for building emails that makes it simple but also capable of creating super sleek emails.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Internet

"Easy, Intuitive and Effective"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor makes creating templates and reports easy. I am always able to get very good looking templates added and can always prove ROI to my clients.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that the coding can be wonky. There are a lot of rules that need to found elsewhere to make sure I am doing the right things and that my template is compliant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep up to date on the requirements for what is needed on a template and what is and isn't compliant in your industry.

I manage 60 different clients and most use email marketing as a tactic to reach out to potential customers. Campaign Monitor makes it easy to manage each client individually and provides easy ways to prove ROI. Though sometimes I can find it a bit hard when getting the coding just right, I haven't found any more success with any other tool than I have with Campaign Monitor.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>James A.</span>
James A.

"Exception features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor (CM) has lots of great features and since I first started using it my favourite features have changed as they added new features. By far the best is the simple user sign up form that you can embed into your site with a modal (pop-up) window. You can edit the button, fields, colours etc all inside CM and don't have to update the code on your site again. It is extremely reliable! I've used it on many, many clients and with all of the validation tools they use (such as single opt in etc) it ensures the emails are perfectly valid and active too.

What do you dislike?

Even though CM is excellent there are a few things that can be very annoying. If you use it as an agency, the navigation to settings, finding Client API keys, lists etc does become stressful. Another very specific problem I had was; trying to ensure use emails are alive/valid we enabled confirmation required (where it sends and email link for them to confirm subscription), a huge % of emails never verify and we asked CM if there was a way to send a second followup reminder to the non-subscribers to help conversions. Sadly they do not have that option and there is also no way to overide the confirmation (i.e. if the user doesnt get the email confirmation link but calls to say they want to get the emails)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy a pre-made template and use thier template tool to add sections/images - there are many free templates but a lot of template sites also have lots of excellent ones to buy too!

We use it for all email marketing (except transactional, although I believe they now support that too! The reporting tools help make very fine decisions for marketing teams to monitor performance.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Talbot E.</span>
Talbot E.

"Intuitive platform with great support "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the regular newsletters from the company which update customers on marketing trends and provide tips on how to improve our output. I also appreciate the template samples Campaign Monitor offers for inspiration.

What do you dislike?

I look forward to the company adding better options for email automation. Right now, even their top-tier conditions are a bit limited.

I use Campaign Monitor to keep in contact with our graduates, donors, and prospective students. The platform frequently updates to the latest trends in design and optimization, which makes it easy for my company to stay current in our marketing look and feel.

Campaign Monitor review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"ESP for Small Companies Only"

What do you like best?

There is not much I as a user I like about campaign monitor. Except it is easy to create campaigns in CM, however there is no folder structure system which makes it hard to find your campaigns after you create them. It also makes it time consuming to go back and look at your campaign results after you send them. Yes you can do a search but some times you do not know the name of the campaign. This system was choosen for the cost. Campaign monitor is cheaper than other ESP's. However to get the most out of it you have to add on 3rd party companies to do what CM can not do. In the end this increases the cost.

What do you dislike?

ESP is slow, takes awhile to load each page, and you have to scroll through all emails to find what looking for as I mentioned above. They need a folder system. There is no reporting for the Journeys. As a user we are unable to duplicate the journeys. Therefore when you create a test journey and complete it, you are unable to copy it. It has to be recreated from scratch and hope that you do not make a mistake. Same goes for segments. Segments can not be duplicated. They have to be created from scratch. There are a lot of things they could do to improve the system. Unless you are a small company sending only a few emails a month would I recommend this ESP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Campaign Monitor is missing a lot of features other ESP's offer. Know what you need.

Able to send emails affordably.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Campaign Monitor "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setting up a template, being able to duplicate and reuse for our bi-weekly newsletters. Everything in our account is full customizable and the newsletter looks like it came directly from our email.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tracking features are different than other software I'm used to. For instance, does the click through rate keep in mind that we have employees not opening the email.

This solves all of our internal communications. We don't have an intranet for our company and rely on the bi-weekly newsletter to make it to our employee inboxes. We also use campaign monitor to send invitations to our clients for our annual Talent Summit. Being able to customize our invitations and newsletter to reflect our branding gives us an edge up on the other software products.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Jared A.</span>
Jared A.

"Simple, easy to use"

What do you like best?

- It's extremely intuitive. Wysiwyg tool - no coding or complex logic statements. If you are able to figure out simple if-then statements, you'll have zero problem using this tool, even (or especially) if it's your first time using an email tool.

What do you dislike?

- Unless you pay a few extra hundred dollars of month for 'premium support' you'll be waiting 1-2 weeks to get any answer to the simplest of questions...just hope you don't get a serious problem or you'll be waiting in line for some time!

- They offer automation for subscribing your users from one campaign to another on the simple flow logic statements they have...but - the trade off is - it might be easy to use but it's not prepared to do serious trading of subscribers from one campaign to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We don't have many problems...so we couldn't justify the few extra hundred bucks a month to pay for 'premium support' but in our opinion you're paying for ANY support. I don't know how small CM is as a company, but my goodness we feel like the last dog to the bowl every time we have even the smallest of issues, let alone a significant one. The tool is still great - it's just that their support can really suck.

My company is a start-up and we finally grew to the point where we required an emailing tool for our growing pool of customers. So, no existing problems before but much better now.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy to learn custom tags for building custom email templates"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor has one of the easiest to use custom tag language of any email service provider I've used. I build custom-branded templates, test them, and then I can easily add the CM tags and it transitions smoothly into an editable template for other departments to fill in without needing to understand HTML or other technical aspects of email marketing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how complicated bullet-proof buttons are to make editable. Turning them into multiline editable areas works well enough, but if the button is colored with white text, it looks empty when a user goes to edit the button. Not all our users are savvy enough to understand the text is essentially "invisible."

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to implement an easy to use, helpful, beautiful email service provider, you can't go wrong with an industry-leader like Campaign Monitor. Their support is quick and friendly and their customized template tags are easy to use and understand.

We are able to offer a cheap and easy solution to allow other departments to send branded emails. This cuts down on the number of unbranded or nightmare emails that get sent out with typos, warped images, no images, too much text, not enough text, embedded PDFs, and other problematic emails.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Joshua B.</span>
Joshua B.

"Easy-to-use and Feature Packed Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The clean interface makes it really easy to use. It feels like everything is grouped and placed just where it should be.

What do you dislike?

As they've added features it feels like somethings have gotten a little bit more difficult. I don't think segmenting lists is as easy as it used to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is also a great product that is very similar. But for me the calm, organized user interface of Campaign Monitor is better than the playful 'attitude' that Mail Chimp has.

Communicating with customers and prospective customers. Using reports to figure out what stories and products people are most interested in.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Campaign Monitor Workflow Features"

What do you like best?

I've used Campaign Monitor since 2009 and have found the system is a very flexible email marketing platform. The platform allows me to manage and customize clients email marketing from concept to completion. The automation and 3rd party integration options are robust. The reporting is on the higher end of accuracy than other email marketing platforms I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

The email templates, although many to choose from, I found have been limited in areas. When you want to customize a template, I typically have had to edit the html code to get the look I am wanting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Campaign monitor is very intuitive email marketing platform but with everything online, the platform has to follow a range of laws set in place to protect people from spam. You will need to have a general understanding of these rules.

I work with several web form applications. Capturing email addresses from different web forms used to be a hassle but Campaign Monitor easily integrates into their system so email addresses are automatically populated in the subscriber list I choose.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Professional, efficient email campaigns"

What do you like best?

For the most part the interface is intuitive and the campaign buildouts support complexity and sophistication.

What do you dislike?

Some of their optimization options need work. For example, they have a "Let us optimize the send time for you" function but they won't give you an idea of when the emails will actually be delivered. And, the few times we used that function turned out to have the worst open rates. Also the "Deliver in my recipient's time zone" function is inaccurate, and it's annoying that if you send an email using either of those optimizations, you can't put it back into drafts even if the email isn't scheduled to be sent for another few days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every program has its pros and cons so you're never going to get EVERYTHING you need. Just make sure you weigh your options.

We are sending out mass marketing campaigns to our contacts. We have been able to A/B test successfully and measure results.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Nick W.</span>
Nick W.

"Campaign Monitor is simply the best"

What do you like best?

CM offers an extremely sleek tool with a simple user interface that I have never once had a customer struggle with. Love the ability to "white label" very easily with custom markups and permissions, and the ability to use the API to create great user management, workflows, journies and marketing automation. I have built CM into multiple web apps. Customer service is also very quick and friendly.

What do you dislike?

never had a single problem I can even list as a dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't underestimate the value of their powerful API and clear API documentation for future complex projects. Don't get too caught up in ConstantContact, MailChimp, etc.'s "social media" tools. They don't have any real effect, and often don't work well, while complicating the tool.

Marketing Automation

Resellable tools for margin

User management

Email marketing

WYSIWYG Design

Campaign Monitor review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"Great email tool with good Salesforce integration"

What do you like best?

I like that Campaign Monitor is embedded inside Salesforce, almost the same experience as logging in directly. I also like the premium Salesforce connector, the "Automatic Subscriptions" feature is a great way of keeping separate lead / partner / customer lists up to date automatically, all based on Salesforce field values.

What do you dislike?

The templating is not as intuitive as other systems I've used, but otherwise it is pretty great.

Sending mass emails from Salesforce, designing HTML emails, maintaining email lists. All of this has vastly improved with Campaign Monitor (especially when compared to using Salesforce's mass email feature).

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Extremely Simple to Start and Continue Using"

What do you like best?

They have templates that are actually mobile responsive and do not require mobile experience to use or load with content.

What do you dislike?

If you become an advanced email user or company, they are not the tool for you. Really only for novice users or companies

Stop paying designers thousands of dollars to create mobile responsive email templates, only to find they don’t work on all email platforms or they are just too complex to update with content for every sending. With Campaign Monitor, there are premade templates proven to work everywhere and content is point and click or drag and drop.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Jeremy G.</span>
Jeremy G.

"Great functionality in a nicely wrapped package"

What do you like best?

The functionality is powerful, yet extremely intuitive to use. The UX designers at Campaign Monitor have done an exceptional job of making your job as a marketer easy. And as a programmer, I've had fun integrating Campaign Monitor with external apps via the well-documented API.

What do you dislike?

Campaign Monitor seems to be one step behind each of the leading edge companies for each particular game-changing feature. However, they do a great job of taking the time and care to make sure that the experience is exceptional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it. Just dive in and get started and enjoy your new platform.

Problems solved:

* Tracking customer interactions in Salesforce by integrating CM and SF with the API: led to better campaign tracking and reporting at the customer level.

* Understanding engagement: helped us realize which of our customers were engaged and which we could scrub from our database.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use compliant email solution"

What do you like best?

I like that my email list can be managed on the service in a compliant way. I use this service for some non-profit volunteer work that I do. Automated management of opt-in and opt-out maintains a professional and compliant email campaign. The platform has lots of email templates to choose from. It is also open for integrations. Fore instance, I have a free instance of HubSpot (formerly LeadIn) that writes new subscribers directly into my mailing list. I also like the real-time reports that I can view when deploying a campaign. I also like the low cost and pay as you use option. Also, I like that I can manage separate lists and campaigns independently.

What do you dislike?

I think that some of the navigation can get confusing and I find that I have to reset, by going back to the home view and then navigate forward again to find my place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not ready to invest in full marketing automation, but want to run a professional, compliant email program, Campaign Monitor could be a good choice for you. It provides all of the tools you need to automatically mange your email lists and preferences for list members. Don't be a narcissistic email SPAMMER, respect the email addresses and permissions that they trust you to have.

SPAMMERS are very annoying to me, so I never want to be put in the same category. This solutions allows me to manage a compliant email campaign that is accurate and professional. I also do not have a regular sending schedule, so the pay as you use option is most efficient.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Sandesh K.</span>
Sandesh K.

"Awesome Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

I liked it dashboard and navigation that provide me a great experience

What do you dislike?

First i rate integration 2 out of 5, i felt that its integration part was little bit tuff and pricing is high. one more thing the dashboard is too slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good platform to use. since i have used its trial version only so i am not pretty much familiar with this still what features i have used that was awesome.

we have generate leads from campaign monitor and many of them was converted through its automation

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Valerie H.</span>
Valerie H.

"Still my preference, but it has a few limitations"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor offers some of THE BEST looking email templates. After I migrated back to CM from Mail Chimp, my sales and leadership team comment about how good they looked. Drip Campaign / Automation / Journey feature is easiest to use of it's counterparts as well.

What do you dislike?

I really wish reporting was better, specifically as it relates to eCommerce. Mail Chip nails this, but too many other limitations of Mail Chimp (even after the double opt in was removed recently) to switch back. I know the reporting can be compensated in Google Analytics, but I would like it within Campaign Monitor.

I also wish it stored a brand library - every email I build I have to re-brand and import logos.

Building beautiful emails with little to no involvement from our creative team.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Wesley T.</span>
Wesley T.

"Great Platform For Generating Consumer Email Communications"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is great for someone who has never used a platform like this before. And the advanced features makes growing with it a great tool.

What do you dislike?

Since it is browser based at times it can be 'glitchy' due to local browser/internet issues. Usually it is very stable.

The subscription suppression list is great for keeping inline with Canada's email communication laws. I am able to send multiple emails to different lists but the suppression list makes sure an unsubscribed consumer is not inappropriately contacted.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Brett S.</span>
Brett S.

"Intuitive with an Innovative Payment Process"

What do you like best?

There are two items I like best:

1 - The interface is simple and intuitive. You don't have to spend hours figuring creating new templates.

2- The white-label solution goes as far as allowing multiple instances of your account, unto which you can upcharge different clients on top of the platform costs.

What do you dislike?

The email marketing industry as a whole seems slow to innovate. I'd be interested in knowing more about our subscribers and be provided the tools to capture leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably the direct competitor would be MailChimp. If you're a company or an agency, consider the white-label opportunities that CampaignMonitor offers.

As a non-profit, it's crucial we have solutions like Campaign Monitor integrated into our workflow. Having a simple, easy-to-use interface means we don't need to spend a lot of valuable time training or onboarding.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Charlotte S.</span>
Charlotte S.

"Easy to use with great support & excellent Salesforce integration"

What do you like best?

A lot of applications say that they can integrate into Salesforce - whether it be natively or by a third party app - however Campaign monitor actually does. And it works just as nicely outside of Salesforce too - in its own environment.

It's not fancy, as the likes of Dotmailer and far from Pardot - however, the platform sends out great mass emails, with a good level of reporting along with the functionality for automated workflow emails and transactional emails.

Lastly, this email platform is very good value for money.

What do you dislike?

Basic functionality - however, I would choose this for the price, over having a flashy platform with a high price tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, there are no contracts, just 30 day rolling billing - you pay for what you use in terms of credits. Definitely worth trying as it's super to easy to use on its own and their support helps with setup within Salesforce.

Easy to send mass emails to customers and prospects, quickly and professionally.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"The Best Solution for Most Companies"

What do you like best?

Easy and cheap! It has better templates and the UX is just better designed than any other platform that have the same price and functionality.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations. I have some frustrations with the automated programs. For example, I wish you could send a yes and no branch eventually to the same place or drag and email from the no condition to the yes. But, I have been able to overcome any issues. It just made it more complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mich better than campaign monitor and mail chimp. Easier to use, especially for those new to ESPs. It's not going to meet requirements for a large companies or a complicated process. The simplicity is limiting, but good for most. They also aren't HIPPA compliant.

Sending automated and monthly email to customers. Improved customer service and brand image.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Jim Y.</span>
Jim Y.

"I almost always recommend Campaign Monitor to my clients"

What do you like best?

Excellent feature, support and technical documentation — whether you need a link for a client about how features work, or detailed technical instructions for developers, a search will almost always turn up Campaign Monitor's website as the source for the documentation.

Recent additions to the transactional email service greatly expand the use for many clients; ensure that automatic emails have the same care and attention to detail as their marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The future feature development roadmap for Campaign Monitor isn't public; so it's difficult to know when or if desired features will be implemented.

The main website is heavily catered towards marketing at new users. At times it has felt harder or more difficult to login to an existing account rather than create a brand new one.

Almost always the perfect solution for a client's email workflow — from composition, review to delivery. Whether they're brand new to email marketing and haven't started a list yet, or are a power user porting from another platform.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Carli L.</span>
Carli L.

"Great Product, even better customer service"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor has to be the easiest email marketing services out there. Its one of the cleanest user experiences I've had with an email provider and the customer service on top of all of that is excellent. They are willing to dig down directly into your contact lists and help you figure out the problem directly with your account vs giving you an boxed answer. Their tracking and A/B testing functions are so helpful in determining success of email campaigns I can't imagine working with anyone else.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about - I wish I could change some features about the calendar used for scheduling or a confirmation page used to double check you are ready to send an email before getting click happy and sending too early, but otherwise its all around great!

We use Campaign Monitor primarily for scheduled email marketing campaigns to a variety of target markets including clients, prospects and site visitors. Its so easy to be able to set up a wide range of scheduled emails to various lists and subscribers all customized to the specific market. We really enjoy the effectiveness of testing variables of certain campaigns with A/B testing - its an awesome tool

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Christopher H.</span>
Christopher H.

"Good Campaign Management with Decent Templates"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is the second email based software that we use and the product offering is pretty standard with the rest of the industry. Simple templating tools allow us to create nice emails for marketing campaigns. One of the greatest things about campaign monitor is their content to help you design good emails. For example; their CSS guide is a resource I commonly revisit.

What do you dislike?

I find that I do not like their UI as much. Reporting could be a little more user friendly.

Marketing email campaigns.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Justyn T.</span>
Justyn T.

"great for small businesses."

What do you like best?

Its ease of setup and use is great. Simple to run with minimum background in computers is neccesary. Easy customer email maagement and importing / exporting.

What do you dislike?

All of the templates need serious updating. its very "90's" and is not cutting-edge enough to pay a lot for. If you're a larger business then id suggest using a larger or more detailed system for your newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you're a larger scale business and can afford to go with a more up to date campaing manager, then do so. but for a small business its perfect.

keeping current and past customers in the loop of new products and updated info, putting feelers out, and promoting specials.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Josh B.</span>
Josh B.

"Hands down, best mailing list manager!"

What do you like best?

Managing subscribers and designing campaigns is by far the easiest in comparison to competitors.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is higher than most competitors, but the service and support are worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many free mailing list options, but you get what you pay for and that goes for Campaign Monitor as well!

I'm able to easily manage customers and subscribers without much hassle at all. Their interface is simple and to the point, making it easy to navigate and accomplish desired goals.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Going in a great direction!"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to build campaigns with their web based builder. My team is used to spending hours upon hours of valuable team, coding and tweaking emails to ensure that they work in all clients. With Campaign Monitors template builder, I turned a PSD a design into a fully functional email template in under an hour last week.

The created template works perfectly in all clients and was sent out within a day of its initial photoshop mockup being designed.

The automation and segmentation is amazing. You can really dig deep and build some complex "if > then" workflows and use user segmentation to deliver really customised emails that get your client to wonder if you sent them an email personally.

What do you dislike?

The subscriber management could be a lot better. There's no way to quickly choose multiple users in a list before deleting them in one go. If you have a list of 5000 and you want to delete 500 people, then you're gonna enjoy getting an RSI while you manually delete those 500.

There are UI changes every now and then which leave us confused until we dig through the support pages or the user forum to see that something changed with no notice. Is it that hard to have a little helpful tooltip to let us know that an option has moved or been removed?

Our CRM has built in email marketing but it's not great at all.

We're able to export our subscriber lists and send out our campaigns via Campaign Monitor, with our emails looking 100x better in the process.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Higher Education

"Ideal for a start up or a small company!"

What do you like best?

Campaign monitor is ideal for Designers, agencies, and companies of all shapes and sizes. Nice User interface. Best for small businesses as it has pricing depends upon the number of newsletters sent.

-Automated unsubscribe functionality

-Plug-and-play journey designer

-No setup fee

-Wide variety of templates

-Ease of use

What do you dislike?

This is a great baseline tool for email marketing, but I wouldn't recommend it for complex nurture and lifecycle campaigns, as it is not as robust as other enterprise tools on the market.

-Basic customer support

-Campaign transfers are complicated

-Lack of image hosting

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for a start up and working on basics however the extensive support is very lacking so I would say to keep that in mind when purchasing it. It is the easiest way to send Marketing and Promotional campaign to your contacts. Nice interface and frequent feature upgrades. Can import lists without having to do opt-in again like Mailchimp making migrating easier.

It makes campaigning on emails much easier and makes it seems much more professional.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting tools/features that Campaign Monitor provides. It's easy to click into an email on an automated series, and see the metrics/benchmarks for each email.

What do you dislike?

If you are using one account in Campaign Monitor that contains multiple different "clients" or automated series, and your spam complaints go above the threshold for one series, Campaign Monitor will completely halt all other emails. The danger here is that when a series is paused, your subscribers can miss emails, which messes up the tracks they were intended to receive. When pausing a series, it would be nice if the people that were paused continue receiving the next message(s) that they were supposed to. Lastly, deleting people from the list does not mean they won't stop getting email messages. I'm still unsure why the suppression and unsubscribe lists don't talk to each other, but it's very convoluted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test out an internal automated series to determine the best ways to collect suppressions and unsubscribes. It's a very complex tool, and when setup correctly, you can win big. Make sure you fully understand that there is not really any user support besides email requests, so if there is an emergency, you're on your own.

We're able to run automated emails for multiple clients

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Aaron C.</span>
Aaron C.

"Automated email campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create excellent looking emails that are solid and fully responsive regardless of the end user device. The journey builder is an enterprise-level marketing automation feature with an SMB price tag. It was a recent addition similar to what I used in years past with the much more expensive Marketo and Pardot platforms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot access the source code of the Campaign Monitor email builder. In some cases, I would really prefer to have more control over the size of the text box or images I use in the emails. I wish there was Event Management capabilities and landing page creation.

I am automating my social and prospect campaigns by segmenting users based on their interest. I set the campaign steps up and they automatically fire when a user fills out a form to enter the campaign. At that point, the user decides what path they take based on opens and clicks.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Blake S.</span>
Blake S.

"Campaign Monitor-Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! Campaign Monitor is very user friendly, inexpensive, and continually updates their features. I really enjoy the user interface as well.I feel like it works well for all, especially those new to email marketing.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could schedule a campaign to be sent multiple times. Unfortunately, the only way to do so it to send the campaign, create a copy, and re-schedule. Somewhat of a pain.

Also, I wish videos would autoplay, rather than linking out to youtube. I believe they would be more captivating if they were embedded and autoplayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, send as many campaigns as you would like, mobile friendly, simple analytics, works with Zapier.

Growing a small companies reach within a saturated market with limited staff can be difficult. Campaign monitor has significantly helped us drive traffic to our website, which is wonderful!

Campaign Monitor review by User in Internet

"Easy product used for internal newsletters"

What do you like best?

My manager wanted me to put together a monthly newsletter to highlight our team's wins and he wanted it in a user-friendly format (i.e. not just text and bullets). I liked that Campaign Monitor had easy templates to customize and that it allowed me to draft the newsletters for consumption both on desktop and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

The type of information we can share via Campaign Monitor is limited as our IT department conducted an evaluation and saw several instances of sensitive information being stored and published in an insecure way.

Overall, it's a good tool for many teams at our company to share non-sensitive information (i.e. team updates and wins) in a very user friendly format.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>David W.</span>
David W.

"Easy to Use, but Has Limits"

What do you like best?

It's easy for myself to use and is easy to teach clients to work in the email marketing platform itself. It has been helpful in the past to teach the client how to navigate the platform so I can pass off responsibility for smaller email sends.

What do you dislike?

If your email marketing goals advanced you might find the platform limiting. The API didn't integrate with our new donation processing platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Campaign monitor fills a niche for political campaigns who have little experience in email marketing. If you're advanced and like your custom CSS email templates and more advanced drag and drop features, choose Iterable.

We were able to cut down the amount of hours an account manager would spend in the platform itself by delegating responsibility back to the client -- easy of use and teaching.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Nathan C.</span>
Nathan C.

"Campaign Monitor Review- Nathan Curtis"

What do you like best?

The price and how easy it is to setup a campaign. Data tracking after sending a campaign was instantaneous and reliable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Used for 2 campaign so I have not been able to find anything specific that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you a are looking for simplicity, this software is what you need to look at. Email monitoring is very easy and tracking is reliable.

Our company, before Campaign Monitor has never sent an email campaign before. We were able to track the emails, see who opened them and who didn't. This gave us great information on who our Salesman needed to physically reach out to.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Internet

"Pretty good analytics and nice visual interface"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is straightforward to use, templates are clean and easy to read, and I like how customizable they are. I also like how easy it is to export and edit recipient lists.

What do you dislike?

I only need minimal analytics like click through and bounce rates so it's fine for my purposes, though other more data-oriented people might want richer, more complex analytics. For example, how long people browsed or how many people actually make it to the bottom of the newsletter. (This may exist, and I just haven't explored deeply enough.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Covers the basics of audience tracking. Easy to copy from past campaigns and schedule upcoming ones.

As our company scales fast (and globally), we're experimenting with the best ways to reach a bigger audience across multiple time zones and GEOs, but also recognizing that people have limited time/attention span.

Analytics are critical because they help us know if people actually consume what we put out there, and if they aren't we can toy with frequency, length, tone and content.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Magnus H.</span>
Magnus H.

"Smooth Operator"

What do you like best?

There are masses of very clever and stylish templates available to choose from. Other operators usually have very naff or limiting templates. Or terribly outdated. It's also very easy to manage subscribers and to create segments.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem to have the same abilities for marketing integration on our website but I haven't dived into this fully yet. I also can't segment my signups properly based on which tablet they've signed up from. We have one set up in our retail store and two travelling to overseas shows and conventions. But in CampaignMonitor this all looks like the same signup location. Weak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate thoroughly that the functionality suits your setup. That I couldn't track signups from different iPads wasn't obvious before we signed up.

We need to have an email database that's segmented based on geographic location, signup location (with the above caveat)

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Whitney K.</span>
Whitney K.

"Not the best features, but easy to use"

What do you like best?

Creating templates makes it easy to repeat emails or to resend emails with updated information. The cost is low and we love the opt-out ability, which makes it easy for us to stay compliant.

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to for third parties to preview emails for approval prior to sending. We have to send an initial round of actual emails before deploying final versions. It would also be nice if there was a built-in option to add RSVP functionality. Right now we have to incur additional fees from Wufoo to add on RSVP functionality to emails that are serving as invitations/event reminders. We have also had some issues with Campaign Monitor emails being blocked by corporate filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company also used Mail Chimp and several other emails vendors, but CM has been the easiest for my clients to use in a heavily regulated corporate environment. Our pricing is based off the number of emails we are sending (approximately 1 cent per email).

We use Campaign Monitor for customer emails to communicate promotions, events, and legal notifications. It allows us to incorporate brand and design elements without coding each email campaign. It is easy for us to make changes and updates and easy to embed links to other pages.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stan Z.</span>
Stan Z.

"Campaign Monitor is a Design Focused Email Marketing system"

What do you like best?

Templated presentations, Visual worldview of where people are opening the emails

What do you dislike?

Automation is a bit clunky at the moment - the smart rules are not quite as elegant as in some of the other email marketing systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system to get using, pretty good open rate and deliverability of emails. Beautiful templated emails.

We have a visually oriented business that needs to present professionalism and mobile optimised campaigns. Campaign Monitor does this really well.

Campaign Monitor review by Consultant

"Excellent features, well-supported, excellent analytics"

What do you like best?

Love the new templates, real time analytics, new features. It's become increasingly easy to use. Great to allow my clients access to parts or all of the features.

What do you dislike?

I'd like some of the extra cost features included, otherwise nothing. Also dislike the foreign transaction fee, but that's understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Campaign Monitor is one of the best available, especially for consultants and agencies. You can brand it, send emails without their logos, etc. It's easy to use, the support is incredible and it has a growing set of features.

Email marketing to communicate with my clients customers. We've seen more engagement and sales. It's great for showing customers how well their campaigns work.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>SUE F.</span>
SUE F.

"Solid email marketing tool for the cost"

What do you like best?

Cost, as compared to many other solutions available. Offers all the foundational functionality, as well as simple interface, personalization tools, and solid reporting.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in some areas, such as automated marketing, may make this software less appealing to larger or more sophisticated email marketers.

Low cost solution for email management and delivery. Allows us to manage numerous campaigns and newsletters, as well as lists in the hundreds of thousands.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Sean S.</span>
Sean S.

"Campaign Monitor Great for small campains"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is great for small campaigns and infrequent sending. Once you get to a certain level you need to pay a monthly fee.

What do you dislike?

Once you get to a certain level you need to pay a monthly fee. It would be nice if they left it as a pay as you use.

Campaign Monitor is used for infrequent updating to small client lists.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Ryan A.</span>
Ryan A.

"Great designs...but still learning"

What do you like best?

Of the many email marketing sites I've looked at, this one has the best template designs. Great customization option, and they look good when sent to Outlook, which is tricky for other clients.

What do you dislike?

Seems a bit limited in customization features, but is good enough for my novice use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it shot on the free trial before you commit!

Sending really slick looking marketing emails to my contacts.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Aaron P.</span>
Aaron P.

"Easy to use, feature rich email platform for novices and experts alike"

What do you like best?

* editable templates

* clean interface

* intuitive flow

* fast, friendly support

* excellent value

* robust API

What do you dislike?

I think their style can be a little more modern (I'm just picking on something). Mail Chimp is cool and trendy, this design is more muted and shy. C'mon, show your true colors!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just set it up and go. If you have any questions, their support team is great. I was recommended this by an outsourced programmer who helped me choose.

Sending emails to my customer list with a great program that makes it happen with ease and clarity. I tried multiple platforms, but this one was the only one that had everything I needed at a price that is both affordable and provides excellent value to service ratio.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Trey M.</span>
Trey M.

"We use the product to enable clients to create branded, templated communications on their own."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the analytics/metrics are the most useful features to our clients. We are able to manage several different client accounts and host powerful templates that are easy to use. For those clients who are able to send to their mailing lists from with Campaign Monitor the analytics are extremely useful for identifying which content, title, links, etc are interesting to their users. The automated unsubcribe functionality is great as well so that users don't accidentally get emailed if they have requested to be removed.

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy using the product so find it difficult to identify dislikes. The one thing that comes to mind is that it is a little cumbersome to develop and test the templates as you have to go and make changes locally and then reload the full template package again and test the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of all the great advice and content that the Campaign Monitor website has in the way of tutorials, demos and best practices for email content and communications.

We use the product to provide an easy to use system for clients who do not have dedicated design and development resources to produce their own html emails. We are able to provide templates that adhere to the brand standards and we can provide support and training for the product and our templates. It also helps us to educate clients on how best to communicate with their audiences since we can show them the analytics of what content is effective and then they can believe the data when they won't believe us.

Campaign Monitor review by User in Higher Education

"Great Tool for Email Marketing!"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is one of the most straightforward email marketing platforms I've ever used. It's easy to build communications, import contact info, and send emails to large groups of people. The reports about open rates and clicks are very helpful, easy-to-understand, and can help to improve future communications.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that bugs me a little about Campaign Monitor is that there are a few formatting things it won't let you do--like italicize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the things I appreciate most about Campaign Monitor over other services like Mail Chimp and Constant Contact is that it allows you to send emails out without their brand stamp at the bottom. To me, it looks tacky and kind of unprofessional when I get an e-newsletter with some third-party listed at the bottom. Campaign Monitor doesn't do that.

Easy email marketing, Professional looking communications that can be put together quickly, Data analysis, Contact database maintenance

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Victoria M.</span>
Victoria M.

"Pretty good! No real complaints "

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly with good templates.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to update preferences when working with individual accounts on the agency platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not quite as complex as InfusionSoft but definitely a great tool. So much more capabilities than Mailchimp.

I work for an agency and we help PT practices stay in touch with current and past patients with powerful email marketing.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Does the essentials"

What do you like best?

Ability to white label, campaign snapshot, easy to use for new admins, ability to segment out users from within one list by date/date opened

What do you dislike?

Occasionally one client sends to a list that's large enough we have to go through an approval process to prove it's not spam, and the send gets delayed until CM approves it. This is both a pro and a con as it helps our open rate in the long run, but was annoying the first time it happened and we weren't expecting it. Do wish the testing platform was better, or included in pricing with the rest of the platform. It is a little difficult to create customized workflows based on user activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used both CM and Mailchimp, and both are great platforms. I do appreciate the thought leadership and guides that Mailchimp offers and find the Mailchimp UI to be more pleasing to the eye, but Campaign Monitor has what we need 90% of the time. Their campaign testing feature is weak, and we do still rely on Litmus to test how campaigns appear on various devices/email platforms.

Our whole team has been able to update email templates from week to week without much instruction. Many times we have platforms that only the digital team in our agency knows how to use, and CM is one that creative and account both feel comfortable in, which allows teams to self-manage campaigns when needed.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great email templates."

What do you like best?

I like the email design interface. It's so easy to create beautiful, clean emails that visually stand out. There are a great number of templates to choose from as well. I like the ability to clean up my list, and not get my list flagged for non-compliancy when importing from another tool.

What do you dislike?

Automation features seem hard to find/ use. A lot of my emails also get caught in SPAM filters when I send from Campaign Monitor even though I've changed DNS records to clear this issue up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, go through their documentation to learn about how to use this tool to its capability.

Setting up an automated nurturing email campaign. It's been a little tough to really segment and categorize my lists.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stephanie M.</span>
Stephanie M.

"Powerful and beautiful"

What do you like best?

The automation journeys are extremely easy to edit and update, even when things get complicated. Also, the email templates are gorgeous and plentiful.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a little less user-friendly and simple than Mailchimp. But in general, I much prefer it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out if you're ready for software that is more powerful than Mailchimp.

Being able to set up automated customer journeys for my customers' 14 day trials is easy to set up and change. Also, I'm able to send pretty emails in a snap for occasional promotions.

Campaign Monitor review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"User friendly way to send email blasts"

What do you like best?

User friendly way to send email blasts, much better than the competition. Appreciate the tracking of open rates, etc. too post blast. Helps improve our future blasts.

What do you dislike?

N/A -- super user friendly and is much more affordable than other competitors, like Mail Chimp, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's much more user-friendly and intuitive than their competitors, like Mail Chimp.

We send monthly eNewsletters for our clients and we use CM to blast so we can track and see click throughs on URLs, etc. It's helpful to see who is reading what and who is opening our blasts.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Ann Marie N.</span>
Ann Marie N.

"Exceeded wildest expectations"

What do you like best?

Campaign monitor saved my company a considerable sales expense. I was able to set up the email, test it, launch it and review the results in one tenth the time. I love the "world view" which shows you the status of every email sent. I also love the fact that it detects duplicates in my email database. I particularly love the "click" counter.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING. There is literally nothing that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the "pay for campaign" option first to evaluate it. You will love it.

It was taking an excessive amount of time just to get out one newsletter. Then we never really new who opened it and who opened it and clicked the links. All of this is solved.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stephanie O.</span>
Stephanie O.

"campaign monitor"

What do you like best?

very easy to use, set up of a campaign is simple and fast

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to figure out how to create separate lists for our different groups of customers, but after a while you get the hang of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like simple, but still like to have a design hand in the template you use, Campaign monitor is the right choice for you.

sending newsletters, member communications and other emails to our lists. compared to using our fulfillment company to send emails, this is much simpler to use.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Ashley R.</span>
Ashley R.

"Good for basic email campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop template with mobile-friendly emails, but only for very simple, generic campaigns. Customer service has been great and with two months of back-and-forth with my rep, all of my questions were typically answered same-day. Even had multiple emails each day from CS.

What do you dislike?

Lack of image hosting aside from uploading to templates, or uploading HTML. A more user friendly drag-and-drop editor is more than past due for CampaignMonitor. Our price kept going up even with a drop in number of campaigns going out, subscribers jumping ship, and cleansing our lists frequently. Major lack of features for the potential CM has; our biggest issue was not being able to choose different social icons and placing them where we'd like; of course, unless we dropped in our own HTML. Had issues with the Facebook subscribe using Facebook for Business, never could get it to work with no solution from CM - apparently a Facebook issue?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're creating your own HTML's and uploading into the system, functionality and customization are very, very limited. This is the main reason we've opted to go with another email marketing service.

If you're a legit company and looking for a company that has great deliverability, Campaign Monitor would be a great options. Careful with your subscribers and monthly fees though. It's very easy to max-out.

Agency campaigns; in-house campaigns. Send time is very fast compared to Mailchimp and Exacttarget. I've never had issues with deliverability or going to Spam/Junk folders. CampaignMonitor is actively adding new features.

Campaign Monitor review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"So glad we've switched to Campaign Monitor."

What do you like best?

By far the API has been the best aspect of this product. We can now do more complex triggered emails. Also the tracking/reporting software is amazing. We can see exactly who and where people are opening our emails and on what devices.

What do you dislike?

If a subscriber is in two lists it's counted as 2 emails for billing. It would be nice if a single email address even if in multiple lists only counted as one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a versatile email campaign with lots of moving parts and a complex list of subscribers Campaign Monitor makes things so easy. And if you have a simple newsletter that is straight forward and sent to the same list each month Campaign Monitor is even easier. We have both and it's nice.

We are able to utilize the Agency Model and oversee all of our clients in one dashboard rather than with separate logins. The API has also revolutionized how we are able to send emails.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stuart S.</span>
Stuart S.

"Great agency tool for multiple clients"

What do you like best?

We manage 40+ clients within CampaignMonitor. Many exist within a franchise model and allows us to segment location lists & templates with a client type. This has saved us considerable time spent duplicating and monitoring campaigns across the country. I'm a fan of the flexible pricing models within CampaignMonitor and their support system is fantastic. I always get an answer within an hour.

Their Canvas builder automatically resolves most of the issues we have with mobile displays.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had much luck with finding 3rd party templates that deliver what I'm looking for. Most are either too basic or don't work well.

The Canvas Builder is a great (and fairly new) addition to CampaignMonitor's system. However, I wish there was room for a tad more customization, for example, more dynamic header content, unsubscribe options in the main menu.

I wish the list imports could do a better job of scrubbing bad domain names. I realize this is a customer level issue, but when I get a form submission with someone typing @yahooo.com instead of yahoo.com, I get a domain bounce, rather than a prompt to get it fixed.

I wish I could see reporting across a range of emails/clients for trends. Broad analysis would help me discover the best subject lines over a period of time, rather than straight A/B testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CampaignMonitor is a slightly more advanced system than MailChimp, so be sure to have someone with development skills ready to manage the pipeline.

We were able to scale an email program from 2 to 45 clients pretty quickly.

We turned a fairly unprofitable revenue stream into one of our strongest converting channels.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"good enough"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use and it's hard to break. If you're just starting with email marketing this is a great platform for you.

What do you dislike?

It lacks a lot of depth in terms of automation and analytics. The pricing structure is also stupid as they charge you by the sum of all lists combined, so if a single email existed on all of those list you'd be charged 1 X [The Amount of Lists]

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out how complex you want your marketing program to be.

We used it entirely for mass email marketing communications. It did the job, but we switched off shortly after.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Aaron K.</span>
Aaron K.

"Best customer support email I have ever received"

What do you like best?

I have reached out a few times via twitter for some basic questions and they have always been great at getting back to me but I recently had a situation where I needed some urgent help with a campaign.

They were timely and personable, the response took care of my problem, provided me with all necessary details and then some.

Love how design and functionality are important considerations for them on top of bullet proof technology - haven't used them as much but very excited to leverage the recent additions of workflows and transactional emails.

What do you dislike?

Wish they integrated with more enterprise pieces of software so it was less of a silo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be a little pricey compared to other solutions but we feel it's well worth it.

Email marketing of course - it has allowed us to easily live our brand through simple but clean templates.

Campaign Monitor review by User

"Nice analytics but not user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The analytics are solid, with the ability to view open rates and timelines.

What do you dislike?

The user-interface is not effective; even after a training tutorial it is not an easy-to-use system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As per my review, it offers solid analytics but mediocre UI. The "final product" (ie email campaigns) look fairly good, but I have seen better. The overall visual appeal (of the finished email) is better than MailChimp and Constant Contact.

We use Campaign Monitor to send out email newsletters and product offers. We have grown sales substantially through this effort.

Campaign Monitor review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Intuitive, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I really like the drag and drop functionality when creating email templates. At the SaaS company I work for, we are easily able to add brand elements without much effort. This allows us to seamlessly match the look and feel of our emails with our many other brand-aligned web assets.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were easier customization. For instance, we need to be able to easily adjust email template elements like jump-link table of context navigation, and better place company social icons. The result is that going forward we're required to build our on templates and host them ourselves.

We were easily able to import audience segments from other email marketing providers, which helped us with targeting.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Lance R.</span>
Lance R.

"Effective and Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Campaign Monitor is the fact everything is laid out in a manner that makes sense and is easy to access whatever I need. There's no real guess work when I'm trying to do something specific, whether I'm creating a new campaign, cloning one, or building new templates.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to cancel a campaign in A/B testing myself is frustrating. While I appreciate Customer Support always being quick to respond and take care of something like that, it would be far more efficient and user friendly if I could do it myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of the different campaign management platforms I've used, and I've experienced quite a few based on what I do, Campaign Monitor is far and away the best option for any organization (regardless of size) that's serious about managing campaigns and monitoring the results.

Being able to send out email campaigns, newsletters, etc. really helps us out because everything is in one place for us. The reports and performances of our campaigns, the testing results, and so on - it all makes it very easy for us to see just how well we're doing with the campaigns we create for our clients and present that information to them in an easy to understand manner.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Bill Q.</span>
Bill Q.

"Campaign Monitor is a Powerful Service"

What do you like best?

The ease of signing up is tremendous - and after that, using the service and the reporting is incredibly intuitive. With very little time spent digging through the service, we were able to create a Client, build a Campaign, upload a List, deploy the Campaign, and track performance.

What do you dislike?

The only enhancement I'd like to see is an easier way to share reporting with a client in an instance where we use the service to deploy a campaign on behalf of a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an agency looking to offer powerful email marketing services for your clients, I would not hesitate to recommend Campaign Monitor. They are incredibly easy to join, pricing is great, their Support is quick and thorough, and their solutions outstanding.

Adding email marketing services to the array of solutions my commercial printing partner offers their customers has been an excellent opportunity for me to expand the ways I can add value to my client - by helping them add value for their clients. Campaign Monitor is a great value, easy to use, and very powerful.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Astrid B.</span>
Astrid B.

"Extremely easy to use and fantastic support"

What do you like best?

Campaign monitor is very easy to use, and I just love the worldview to see where my mails are being opened.

It has a very easy way of importing mailing list, and segmenting them with custom fields. Furthermore you can easily integrate it with you own website and have automated e-mail campaigns bases on RSS feeds, which is a great timesaver for some of our clients.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've also used Constant Contact and MailChimp because some of our clients had already set up an account there, but there's always something more complicated there, such as importing e-mail lists of creating registration forms for your website. So I would definitely advise everyone to go for Campaign Monitor. And should you have any questions, their help is always very swift and friendly.

Being an agency, we've solved several different problems for different companies. From inviting people to come and attend seminars to keeping them updated with the latest company news, to sharing knowledge, to sending last-minutes for a bed and breakfast.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kay S.</span>
Kay S.

"The Best Agency Partner for Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The bespoke template language is great - it lets me quickly create branded custom templates that are super easy to use for my clients. They can upload their images, enter the text and send the campaign knowing it will look good and on-brand.

Campaign Monitor's support is excellent - I've emailed them at all times of the day or night, and I always get a helpful response back in a reasonable time frame. They have support staff stationed in a variety of timezones and the people they employ really know their stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of complaints about Campaign Monitor in general. I would like to see further development on the template language - the addition of nested repeaters and more flexibility in the RSS data repeaters.

Despite that, every time I'm forced to work with a competing service, I quickly realize why I chose to partner with Campaign Monitor initially - they really have a nicer all-round product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no free pricing tier like some of the competitors, but it's a much better product that everything else out there in the email marketing space, and worth every cent.

I'm providing my clients with a cost-effective, one-stop shop for great-looking and effective email marketing. That makes me look good which is always a great benefit! In addition, for clients that use Campaign Monitor through my re-branded whitelabel version, I'm making a passive income stream.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Ryan K.</span>
Ryan K.

"I love it."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the simplicity of the software - it is incredibly intuitive. That's important for me, as I don't like to need to work hard in order to navigate my solutions; i.e., I don't want 12 clicks to get to my destination, I need to get there in 3, and I don't want the software to be a behemoth on my screen, it needs to feel slim.

I actually got no training on the software internally, I was just given login credentials, and I immediately jumped in and started creating my first campaign using the onscreen prompts and guides. Super freaking easy.

What do you dislike?

Lack of information of a Salesforce integration. I didn't know this was possible for some time, I would have loved to have known earlier on. I think there needs to be a more obvious resource center for users to see things like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the support staff and ask questions. They are a great resource.

Mass communications with customers and prospects.

Because of some of the tech inside this software we've been able to gain incredible traction with referral campaigns.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Darren C.</span>
Darren C.

"Big thumbs up"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor has always been a great platform for us building, testing and sending eDM's on behalf of global clients. It has always been super reliable and my team have all found it very intuitive to use. One of our favourite elements has been the API which has allowed us to integrate seamlessly with eCRM platforms we have created for our clients and ensure they are both always up to date and count all unsubscribes etc. We have been a big fan of the additional value that CM give through the blog etc, which has always been an invaluable resource to ensure we are always up to date with the latest and greatest tech in the world of eDM's.

What do you dislike?

We honestly could not fault the platform or support

CM has allowed us to do both broad and very targeted marketing for our clients which has made us very cost efficient and minimise our unsubscribes, The analytics have also helped us build valuable intelligence on our consumers and how they respond to our comms. The testing tools have always been up to date with the latest mobile devices and OS's allowing us to ensure we are always delivering the best experience to our consumer.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Dan O.</span>
Dan O.

"Campaign Monitor's been instrumental to our growth."

What do you like best?

At the end of 2013, we started searching for a new ESP to take us to the next level. We picked Campaign Monitor because it was so incredibly easy to train new staffers and get them sending newsletters. With Campaign Monitor, we can get a new team member ready to send emails within a matter of minutes. In the nearly two years that we've been sending with Campaign Monitor, my team's grown from just me to nearly a dozen people around the world. We've launched more than two dozen new newsletters with them. And we've seen our subscriber numbers grow nearly 15x over that time period.

Without Campaign Monitor, we wouldn't be here. Their tools made all of that growth possible.

What do you dislike?

There's still a lot we would love to see from them — there's room for improvement, especially when it comes to automation. But there isn't anything missing that's keeping us from running a great email program. Everything we really need is already built out!

The big thing for a company like BuzzFeed is continuing to grow our audience and build relationships with our readers — and Campaign Monitor makes it so easy for us to accomplish both goals!

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kelly K.</span>
Kelly K.

"Helpful support and suggestions for improved campaigns"

What do you like best?

They have a robust library of suggestions for creating stronger campaigns, and they're regularly in touch with suggestions. It's easy to use and manage campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. Works well for our needs, and we're nowhere near using it to its full capability.

We need to create relationships with thousands of prospective students every year, and CM is a great tool for that purpose. It's easy to train new users on CM as well.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Randy C.</span>
Randy C.

"Fully Featured, Expansive, and Meets All of Our Current Needs"

What do you like best?

As a long time user of Campaign Monitor (5+ years), I've managed all of the email marketing campaigns that we do at our company which is in the realm of e-commerce. Since day one it has been very straightforward and really easy to use. Over the years Campaign Monitor has been constantly improving and adding new features. With the huge list of app integrations with other services Campaign Monitor is flexible enough to support a variety of different setups and this list just keeps on getting bigger. Custom fields allows us to run special promotions with a uniquely generated discount code for each individual customer. List management is easy even when having the same user subscribed to multiple lists as it takes care of duplicates and unsubscribed users for you. However, my favorite part about Campaign Monitor would be the support team who have been absolutely fantastic to work with in optimizing our campaigns and lists for our specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Currently if you are trying to re-import a list to update a current existing list (say you wanted to add custom fields or something) it would replace your current data instead of appending new data. Fortunately there has been a workaround for this, however, it is a bit of a headache to perform all the required steps. If Campaign Monitor could implement an option that allows for data to be appended or replaced for the import that would be fantastic. My other complaint would be having a way to display custom fields in the table interface. Currently the only way to look at user custom field data is by clicking on that specific user account and looking at the details.

As a small business who relies heavily on e-commerce as one of our primary channels of revenue we need the ability to leverage email marketing well and in a way that is not only effective for driving sales but also in a way that scales well with our growing brand and consumer audience. Some powerful benefits we have realized are the use of custom fields and list segmentation. This specificity allows for even more valuable user data allowing us to reach target audiences whether it be by age, location, a recent purchase, interest, and more. For how well Campaign Monitor has been working for us throughout the years we haven't even considered witching to another newsletter provider.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Paul B.</span>
Paul B.

"The Best Campaign Management Software on the Market"

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor is easy for end users and easy for developers. It offers a robust template system and fantastic reporting. The usability continues to improve with each update. The staff and friendly and always happy to help in any way. The reporting gives us detailed information not only on open rates and clicks but geo based information and mobiles vs desktop which is becoming more and more important in assisting us in up-selling clients to responsive EDM templates.

What do you dislike?

Authorisation to send for large list can sometime be hard to explain to end clients and difficult to obtain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the others in the market and make a decision for yourself. You'll find that Campaign Monitor is the most logical with best practise usability.

Campaign Monitor makes it easy for us to Whitelabel and provide support to our clients. This has helped us provide an additional service to our clients that we couldn't before.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Sharon M.</span>
Sharon M.

"Campaign Monitor Useful"

What do you like best?

Anything that supports me with email marketing is valuable. Another resource option that is easy to use

What do you dislike?

Emails that can't be ignored and the ability to customize was somewhat limited in my exposure to this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free trial offer with more extensive options to be used so you can get more exposure to the overall product and it's true capability would make this an easier way to sell the product.

Trying to reach more customers and with more efficiency

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

"The most powerful email marketing software we've found."

What do you like best?

Email Management Software needs to be two contradicting things at the same time. They have to be strict enough to maintain a spotless reputation... and they need to be understanding enough to not reject lists that are acquired in more creative ways than traditional means.

Campaign Monitor is exactly the right blend of effective and understanding.

We're a record label, so we will ask for newsletter signups from people attending our artist's shows. These wouldn't be attached to an incoming IP, and not necessarily attached to a product purchase, as typically tickets are bought through 3rd parties like Ticketmaster. Many ESP's wouldn't allow you to import lists like that!

What do you dislike?

The system could be overhauled a bit to a more web 3.0 look. Many features are already there and you can tell they are constantly improving things.

When you create an autoresponer or workflow, it's not easy to duplicate it or edit it. Typically it makes you start over. This can be quite annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's instantly worth using. If your business hinges on email marketing like we do, it's worth getting an account rep. That's when things get more exiting and less overwhelming.

We are a successful record label because we give away free music constantly (in exchange for newsletter signups), that way we don't worry about piracy, and people always know how and when to buy tickets.

CM helps us not only get signups, but auto-send music download links and tour newsletters, all the while coachin us on how to better our business.

We are able to get newsletter signups from concerts, promotions, contests, store sales, you name it. As long as we work hard to keep our open rates up and filter out the baddies, CM is really great at allowing us to run our business the way we demand, not the other way around.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Bethany H.</span>
Bethany H.

"Great Experience with Campaign Monitor so far!"

What do you like best?

We were as a company looking for a means by which to send attractive and engaging e-newsletters out to our existing clients and potential leads. The newsletter templates have a great variety to them, but also offer us the opportunity to customise layouts, fonts, colour schemes , without it being too daunting for a 'non techy' user. The Campaign Monitor software is very intuitive to use.

In addition to the ease of use, the software is compatible with Salesforce which is just great, and the 'live' updates let us know who has opened and engaged with the newsletter, This has been very useful as it as enabled us to follow up warm leads swiftly, optimising our sales opportunities. Hence, what I like best, is the intuitive design of Campaign Monitor. Its ease of use and flexibility has been surprising, and the customer service I have received when asking questions has been outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that we have found an issue with, is the inability to change the 'fill colour' of the hyperlink buttons. You can alter the line and font colour but not the fill which is a minor issue really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to contact the team to ask any questions, We received a 'welcome' email that I responded to, not expecting a reply but Jacque replied promptly and has been very helpful throughout.

Using Campaign Monitor has helped solve an issue we had in creating fun and engaging emails. People rarely open emails they believe are purely sales focused, so having a bright newsletter with images, and short engaging text boxes is massively increasing our response rate.

The live updates, letting us know who has opened our newsletter has also been very fruitful as it has meant we can target those people who we are pretty sure have at least looked at the email, making telephone conversation much more fluid and natural.

Therefore, in terms of benefits, we have improved customer/ client engagement, we have the opportunity to share a range of updates, all a very affordable price.