Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor makes it easy to attract new subscribers, send them beautiful email newsletters and see stunning reports on the results.

Work for Campaign Monitor?
Sendwithus 2x

Learning about Campaign Monitor?

Campaign Monitor Reviews

Ask Campaign Monitor a Question
Showing 297 Campaign Monitor reviews
Campaign Monitor review by <span>Becca S.</span>
Becca S.

Not all that I thought it would be

What do you like best?

It makes email automation easy! I also love that we can apply dynamic content within the email campaigns. That is a game changer. It also makes A/B testing extremely simple.

What do you dislike?

Our customer success managers have been extremely unhelpful. Whenever I try to ask them a question they just send me to support. I’m not really sure what their purpose is because I feel like they know just about as much about email marketing as I do, so I can’t get much out of them.

I hate that you can’t customize the HTML for email campaigns unless you build up the entire email design in HTML.

The social shareability of email campaigns is absolutely dreadful. You can’t customize the social icon buttons at all, there’s no way in the email builder to create social sharing buttons without using a third party link generator, and there’s absolutely no customizability with the social card, so all of our emails look completely unformatted and terrible when shared on social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider other options. If you don’t care as much about the customizability within the email builder, don’t need much direction from your customer success manager, and aren’t trying to do anything too complex with segmenting, then Campaign Monitor is a great option for you.

It is helping us immensfully with automation. It’s helped us realize the value in creating welcome campaigns for our subscribers.

Campaign Monitor has also helped us realize the importance of personalization in emails, as well as segmentation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor review by <span>Stamatis Z.</span>
Stamatis Z.

Campaign Monitor Review

What do you like best?

Templates are neat and customizable, but I usually just modified my premise designs.

WSYWIG design works well and quickly.

Personalized segmentation options are very helpful.

Worldview is amazing - it is magical watching people open messages around the globe.

Last, but not least, price - very affordable for my size list of less than 500. And they offer non-profit rates.

What do you dislike?

While segments are very customizable, it is not easy putting clients into these segments, has to be done manually one-by-one (there are shortcuts for adding a new contact).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool when you're starting out with email marketing as it allows for standard sending activities and basic email performance reports. Useful if you do one-off database purchases with stand-alone campaigns. Advanced users will find it limited.

The ability to conduct campaigns, then monitor who opens and activity. This is actionable data which can be transmitted to our sales group.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Tom D.</span>
Tom D.

Excellent email builder and so easy to use

What do you like best?

The ease of creating professional and creative email campaigns in minutes, if you have a few images and copy prepared. The world view is awesome too - being able to see email opened in real time, where and when. I like that you can give emails sent your own name, and email address for replies. Adds a really nice personal touch.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to have even more control over the design - such as being able to change icon styles, or being able to place social media share buttons in more than one place. Being able to upload images as background styles would be good too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other products alongside this - I come back to Campaign Monitor every time for ease of use.

Being able to send highly professional emails, to say, a list of candidates from a careers fair, at short notice, is great. It provides a great candidate experience and it looks and feels way better than a standard email.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kirk B.</span>
Kirk B.

Great email marketing platform to start with

What do you like best?

Easy to upload contact lists, easy to create and edit campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Email template editor is awful. Not as bad as say MS Dynamics CRM... But its more difficult than MailChimp. This is mainly my biggest pain point with CM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to look at the others that G2 has reviews on. I used MailChimp for many years and while Campaign Monitor is much cheaper than MailChimp, it doesn't stand up to it. CM is a great budget platform to use for outbound email. There are others out there that will do a little more for a few more dollars. Active Campaign is one of those. Overall CM is a good company and easy to work with. They have great support but fall short in only a few areas. Would be a good starting out platform to use.

Solving email marketing automation and updates back into SalesForce. CM allows us to send email without having to resort to using Outlook. Its always surprising to me how many businesses still use Outlook to send outbound marketing email.

While CM's email servers tend to not be as widely accepted by other businesses we market to, their support does do their best to help figure out what went wrong with hard bounces from blocked servers.

List/subscribers are easy to use and add/delete contacts from. Support is very good and responds quickly. Many plugins for other platforms.

I would also point out that the way that campaign stats are presented is not quite there as well. Would like some deeper dive ability to zoom in and out on a campaign.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Muhammath M.</span>
Muhammath M.

The best way to Manage your Email Marketing

What do you like best?

First of all, it is free and it is one of the best email marketing tool available in the market. The way they design the dashboard makes it easy to learn about it. They have well designed and simple website with easy navigation. Even though beginner can design, send and built subscribers using Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor is really good If you are in the field of blogging, marketing etc.. Use Campaign Monitor and thank me Later.

What do you dislike?

I really can't able to think anything bad about Campaign Monitor. Because as long as I use Campaign Monitor I feel good and it really helps to get some traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are the blogger, you have to use it for your blog. If you are the marketer, you can't find better email companion than Campaign Monitor

As the blogger, I feel Campaign Monitor is the best way to promote my blog via E-mail. Before getting into the service of Campaign Monitor I like to use some of the other email marketing but I feel something more with Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor really helps me to get some traffic and get some sales by emails.

Campaign Monitor review by <span>Kara H.</span>
Kara H.

Non-Profit use of Campaign Monitor

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Campaign monitor because the templates make it easy to use and to send visually appealing e-mails. I also appreciate the analytics Campaign Monitor provides. This helps me to track open rates for the emails we send and to be able to follow up with those who have not opened the email yet.

What do you dislike?

You pay by the number of contacts you have not by the number of contacts you use, so you have to be very diligent about cleaning up your list if you only want to send someone an email once. Also, when trying to integrate plug-ins it can be difficult. We are trying to link our Campaign Monitor with a donation software and the plug-in was complicated and created problems with launching the campaigns we wanted to launch. Also, the lists that Campaign Monitor allows you to create does not allow for people to be included on several lists and they charge you for a person again if you want to add them to several lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create better ways for lists to be created and used. There are many emails I would like to send to all of our lists and I am unable to without clicking through every list to add it to a campaign.

Campaign Monitor allows us to send mass emails with lots of imagery to many people at once. It also allows for drip campaigns to be set up and to help follow up with our contacts.

Learn more about Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor Videos

Learning about Campaign Monitor?

* We monitor all Campaign Monitor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.