Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor

43 ratings
469.410
Compare
Campaign Monitor makes it easy to attract new subscribers, send them beautiful email newsletters and see stunning reports on the results.

Campaign Monitor Reviews (46 reviews)

• I love that brand control, analytics, and even a small amount of automation are all built into the tool. The in-app template builder enables even non-designers to plug...Read More
    Dani R.
    Administrator in Sporting Goods
  • It's very user friendly, simple to use and keeps all data well organized. Creating a campaign is easy, emails look beautiful and there is a lot of room for...Read More
    0 vu55r8wx3asfbzcp4dcvrimltbxswzip4wlvrievyawgnpq1nevwy oq7s0thxgxr7bu0knsokz9
    Rosi V.
    User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User: Lance R.

Effective and Simple to Use

What do you like best?

What I like best about Campaign Monitor is the fact everything is laid out in a manner that makes sense and is easy to access whatever I need. There's no real guess work when I'm trying to do something specific, whether I'm creating a new campaign, cloning one, or building new templates.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to cancel a campaign in A/B testing myself is frustrating. While I appreciate Customer Support always being quick to respond and take care of something like that, it would be far more efficient and user friendly if I could do it myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of the different campaign management platforms I've used, and I've experienced quite a few based on what I do, Campaign Monitor is far and away the best option for any organization (regardless of size) that's serious about managing campaigns and monitoring the results.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to send out email campaigns, newsletters, etc. really helps us out because everything is in one place for us. The reports and performances of our campaigns, the testing results, and so on - it all makes it very easy for us to see just how well we're doing with the campaigns we create for our clients and present that information to them in an easy to understand manner.

G2 Crowd User: Kay S.

The Best Agency Partner for Email Marketing

What do you like best?

The bespoke template language is great - it lets me quickly create branded custom templates that are super easy to use for my clients. They can upload their images, enter the text and send the campaign knowing it will look good and on-brand.

Campaign Monitor's support is excellent - I've emailed them at all times of the day or night, and I always get a helpful response back in a reasonable time frame. They have support staff stationed in a variety of timezones and the people they employ really know their stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of complaints about Campaign Monitor in general. I would like to see further development on the template language - the addition of nested repeaters and more flexibility in the RSS data repeaters.

Despite that, every time I'm forced to work with a competing service, I quickly realize why I chose to partner with Campaign Monitor initially - they really have a nicer all-round product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no free pricing tier like some of the competitors, but it's a much better product that everything else out there in the email marketing space, and worth every cent.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I'm providing my clients with a cost-effective, one-stop shop for great-looking and effective email marketing. That makes me look good which is always a great benefit! In addition, for clients that use Campaign Monitor through my re-branded whitelabel version, I'm making a passive income stream.

G2 Crowd User: Darren C.

Big thumbs up

What do you like best?

Campaign Monitor has always been a great platform for us building, testing and sending eDM's on behalf of global clients. It has always been super reliable and my team have all found it very intuitive to use. One of our favourite elements has been the API which has allowed us to integrate seamlessly with eCRM platforms we have created for our clients and ensure they are both always up to date and count all unsubscribes etc. We have been a big fan of the additional value that CM give through the blog etc, which has always been an invaluable resource to ensure we are always up to date with the latest and greatest tech in the world of eDM's.

What do you dislike?

We honestly could not fault the platform or support

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

CM has allowed us to do both broad and very targeted marketing for our clients which has made us very cost efficient and minimise our unsubscribes, The analytics have also helped us build valuable intelligence on our consumers and how they respond to our comms. The testing tools have always been up to date with the latest mobile devices and OS's allowing us to ensure we are always delivering the best experience to our consumer.

G2 Crowd User: Dan O.
Updated On

Campaign Monitor's been instrumental to our growth.

What do you like best?

At the end of 2013, we started searching for a new ESP to take us to the next level. We picked Campaign Monitor because it was so incredibly easy to train new staffers and get them sending newsletters. With Campaign Monitor, we can get a new team member ready to send emails within a matter of minutes. In the nearly two years that we've been sending with Campaign Monitor, my team's grown from just me to nearly a dozen people around the world. We've launched more than two dozen new newsletters with them. And we've seen our subscriber numbers grow nearly 15x over that time period.

Without Campaign Monitor, we wouldn't be here. Their tools made all of that growth possible.

What do you dislike?

There's still a lot we would love to see from them — there's room for improvement, especially when it comes to automation. But there isn't anything missing that's keeping us from running a great email program. Everything we really need is already built out!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The big thing for a company like BuzzFeed is continuing to grow our audience and build relationships with our readers — and Campaign Monitor makes it so easy for us to accomplish both goals!

G2 Crowd User: Randy C.
Validated Review

Fully Featured, Expansive, and Meets All of Our Current Needs

What do you like best?

As a long time user of Campaign Monitor (5+ years), I've managed all of the email marketing campaigns that we do at our company which is in the realm of e-commerce. Since day one it has been very straightforward and really easy to use. Over the years Campaign Monitor has been constantly improving and adding new features. With the huge list of app integrations with other services Campaign Monitor is flexible enough to support a variety of different setups and this list just keeps on getting bigger. Custom fields allows us to run special promotions with a uniquely generated discount code for each individual customer. List management is easy even when having the same user subscribed to multiple lists as it takes care of duplicates and unsubscribed users for you. However, my favorite part about Campaign Monitor would be the support team who have been absolutely fantastic to work with in optimizing our campaigns and lists for our specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Currently if you are trying to re-import a list to update a current existing list (say you wanted to add custom fields or something) it would replace your current data instead of appending new data. Fortunately there has been a workaround for this, however, it is a bit of a headache to perform all the required steps. If Campaign Monitor could implement an option that allows for data to be appended or replaced for the import that would be fantastic. My other complaint would be having a way to display custom fields in the table interface. Currently the only way to look at user custom field data is by clicking on that specific user account and looking at the details.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

As a small business who relies heavily on e-commerce as one of our primary channels of revenue we need the ability to leverage email marketing well and in a way that is not only effective for driving sales but also in a way that scales well with our growing brand and consumer audience. Some powerful benefits we have realized are the use of custom fields and list segmentation. This specificity allows for even more valuable user data allowing us to reach target audiences whether it be by age, location, a recent purchase, interest, and more. For how well Campaign Monitor has been working for us throughout the years we haven't even considered witching to another newsletter provider.

Tags

* We monitor all Campaign Monitor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like help finding the right Email Marketing: Best of Breed product?