CampMinder

CampMinder is a web-based camp managementand communication system designed by former campers, staff, and you - the camp professional.

Work for CampMinder?

Learning about CampMinder?

CampMinder Reviews

Ask CampMinder a Question
Showing 10 CampMinder reviews
CampMinder review by Administrator

"Camp Minder Beginner User"

What do you like best?

I work at a company with a large Summer Camp & After School Program. This year will be the first year we are using CampMinder for Summer Camp. It is so helpful because you can do everything through this one software. (Forms for parents to be filled out, scheduling, POS, etc.) In the past, we have had to use MBO for enrollment & the POS, MailChimp for Email Blasts, WuFoo for Forms (then convert the information to a Shared Google Document) , and Sling for Staff Scheduling.

What do you dislike?

Like any software, there are always little things that you wish were a little different or put together a little bit better. I have yet to encounter any of these on CampMinder but if I do, I feel their Customer Service is reliable enough to help me right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can do mostly everything in this one SoftWare for kid's camps & programs (scheduling, enrollment, parent forms, etc.)

Scheduling, Forms to be filled out by parents, enrollment for classes, and basically everything we need can be done all in this one Software!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CampMinder
CampMinder review by User

"Great Camp Registration Software"

What do you like best?

User Friendly, able to run many different reports for different department needs, great customer service

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, anytime we have any questions, it's very easy to contact knowledgeable customer service to get help

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take screen shots as you learn what reports will be most used to save yourself time and energy as many camp activities are seasonal. It has helped us tremendously to not have to call customer support as often, though when we do call they are always above and beyond helpful. Don't be afraid to play around with the different features. There's a lot of great info even on the home page to help you keep track of birthdays, new enrollments, potential staff, and camper leads.

We are able to track campers easily, including their family members, from the first time they register through possible camp staff - we can see how their experiences with us have grown

What Camp Management solution do you use?

CampMinder review by Administrator

"CampMinder changes the camp management game."

What do you like best?

There are so many positives things to write about CampMinder. First, I love them as a business community-- they are full of caring, intelligent, and committed individuals who strive to put their customers first and put out the best product in the industry. Practically speaking, I love how I can customize their product to meet my camp's needs (we offer over 80 different camps). Their reporting is excellent; their "parent portal" CampInTouch is great, and their system is intuitive for the most part. I could go into many other areas, but those are the main ones.

What do you dislike?

Their financial setup is lacking, but it is still the only software for camp management that actually enables us to have individual financial streams for each program. It's done by an extreme workaround (which is a ridiculously detailed, intricate configuration process on my end), but the fact that I'm able to do it at all makes them stand out from other competitors. that being said, I know that their main priority right now is the financials because their team is transparent and open with their customers and keep us abreast of the development side of things.

Management of camp from a to z.

Side note: I took multiple screenshots logged into CampMinder and tried a ton of times to upload them, but your website keeps saying that there's an error uploading.

CampMinder review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"CampMinder"

What do you like best?

I love that CampMinder gives you the ability to login as a parent and see what they see. It makes it easier to explain steps in registration, where to find forms, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about CampMinder. It is a great system.

We are using CampMinder to generate instructor reports, so we do not have to pull reports for 40+ individual people weekly. Each instructor is responsible for their own report retrieval.

CampMinder review by Evan T.
Evan T.

"Assistant Director at a Summer Camp that uses Camp Minder"

What do you like best?

Organizes and streamlines our camper database and system. Is helpful for staff recruitment -- everything we need for staff (application, forms, etc) is all in one place. Amazing customer service.

What do you dislike?

Some things about CM are not intuitive -- for example figuring out how to create questions on a staff application, or how to use the scheduler feature. I wish there were more How-To videos on certain aspects, or if some things were significantly more streamlined (like how to make a staff application should be as easy as setting up a squarespace website.)

Our database is huge and so it is really amazing to have ALL our clients -- campers, staff, vendors, leads, parents, alumni, all in one place.

"I’m a fan "

What do you like best?

Campminder is a solid resource for Those in the staff recruiting field!

What do you dislike?

Turning over from one season to another can be confusing to navigate on your own- luckily their staff is exceptionally communicative and helpful

We have been able to hire a higher caliber of volunteers and staff through the ease of their application and management program

CampMinder review by Cortney W.
Cortney W.

"CampMinder for Summer Hiring"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system. We are a unique organization that regularly hires over 1,000 staff positions each summer.

What do you dislike?

The reporting feature. If you miss a field you have to go back and add and it can be a timely process. If someone was working two positions it was hard to accurately report on the positions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you will not be disappointed for camp staffing.

We successfully received completed background checks for all candidates before they were hired as an official employee.

CampMinder review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Loads of functions, not always intuitive"

What do you like best?

Campminder keeps all of our data organized and really is a workhorse for what we need. There are so many functions like reporting, communication, notes, applications, etc.

What do you dislike?

The system is not always the most intuitive but once I know how to use a function, it feels easy to use after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really like it and I would say that their customer support is top notch. They’re really helpful.

We use it to manage our data collection for camper registration and reporting.

CampMinder review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Cutting-edge Camp Software"

What do you like best?

They are always developing improvements and have a very good way of communicating updates

What do you dislike?

The financial reporting needs improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it as a robust system.

Parents are able to register campers very easily and have access to all their forms, photos, etc.

CampMinder review by Administrator in Recreational Facilities and Services
Administrator in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Great for simple camp programs, inefficient and flawed for more complex systems."

What do you like best?

Parent accounts , mass emailing, reports

What do you dislike?

Divisions between sessions cause problems

Ease of enrollment and account access for parents.

Learning about CampMinder?

* We monitor all CampMinder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.