CampusNexus Student

CampusNexus CRM includes an admissions process based on higher education best practices, which helps improve your recruiting results and maximize yield.

Work for CampusNexus Student?

Learning about CampusNexus CRM?

CampusNexus Student Reviews

Ask CampusNexus CRM a Question
Showing 15 CampusNexus CRM reviews
CampusNexus CRM review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Solid as a student record system"

What do you like best?

12 years ago the product met the needs of the post secondary education world. It works very well to consolidate data to support financial aid, financials and the academic life-cycle. It's a simple interface. Users can understand the interface without indepth training.

What do you dislike?

The ability to support automated conditions. The OOTB solution does not support many automated needs that are part of the current industry. The ability to use the product to enhance student engagement or student retention is limited. It offers an outdated student portal interface. The career services module is extremely basic. The accrediting bodies require much more indepth dive into the data that nexus can support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your business operations fit into the application. If you have multiple brands or locations that operate different, consult with your implementation specialist. Encourage your staff to document all business processes before implementation. Consider of the mobile version of the student portal product will meet the expectation of the business.

Ability to produce student schedules, student transcripts, billing, ledger payments, financial processing including finanical aid, and a student portal self service solution.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CampusNexus Student
CampusNexus CRM review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"A robust solution to keep track of your students"

What do you like best?

The power behind the software is nearly all-encompassing. From admissions, to grades, to graduation, CampusNexus can do it.

What do you dislike?

An easier way to see "what was" would be nice. I run a lot of reports, and sometimes need to see what statuses people used to be in. Maybe there's a way, but I haven't found it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CampusNexus can probably handle what you need to do. However, you'll likely want someone that had a good amount of database experience on your implementation team.

Nearly all student-related needs can be solved with CNS. It handles the whole time-line of the student experience.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

CampusNexus CRM review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Complacent firm with a reputation for bad customer service."

What do you like best?

Intuitive system and the user interface works well for staff. The system is integrated with our accounting system, which allows for efficient processing of accounts receivable transactions.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is extremely lacking across the board. Their support staff is unresponsive and does not have a sense of urgency to matters that affect our business. We have had issues for months at a time and there is no resolution, even when you have to contact Senior VP's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful in reviewing what is presented in sales conversations and ask detailed questions specific to your organization. The sales team and the operations team are not aligned and neither is great at responding to issues. The company has taken for granted that there is a huge barrier to switching SIS's and therefore provides dismal support.

The system integrates cross-functionally, which allows for efficient processing and transfer of information across our organization.

Administrator in Education Management

"My main experience with CampusNexus Student is System Administrator"

What do you like best?

What I like best about CampusNexus Student is that It encompasses the life cycle of a student in one software. Their customer service is always available in case we run into issues with the software and they are willing to work with you to resolve it.

What do you dislike?

The software is dated. It is very manual and limited on auto features compared to other software on the market. There are some add ins available but at a high cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely research the other options as most of them have better functionality, easy to use, a mobile app, a better student portal and are less costly in the long run. CampusNexus Student can't compete with other software and technology available today.

As a system administrator/analyst, the problems that I'm solving are end-user issues. The issues could be user error or business processes. Other possible issues could be defects in the software. I have realized with this software that sometimes there are multiple ways to enter information or perform a task, but depending on the steps that were done could cause issues in other areas of the software. It's beneficial to work with the users to make sure they are going through the process correctly in the software.

CampusNexus CRM review by User in Higher Education

"User friendly & organized campus database"

What do you like best?

I like that I can sort the areas I used most into a custom tab and only see what I want to. It's easy to track documents needed and keep track of contact with each student.

What do you dislike?

There are some items that are untrackable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to set personalized settings with this system. I work with people who have been using this longer and have yet to do this, they look at my computer and ask how to set it up themselves. You can view what you NEED not everything.

We're able to store old documents as "no longer needed" instead of deleting them so, there have been times previous documents have come into question that we can refer back to. That's proved to be very helpful.

CampusNexus CRM review by User in Higher Education

"Needs Major Updates"

What do you like best?

All aspects of the student enrollment process(inquiry, app, housing, financial aid, housing, etc) all manageable in one system.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly. Firmware seems really out of date. I think a Web based application would be more effective

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is OK but seems ancient. Web-based applications like Banner are probably more effective.

Different people in different departments can all access the student's record. They only have permissions to update their specific department's area of expertise (i,e. financial aid or housing) but everyone from other departments can view the info. Really allows for a collaborative effort from all departments.

CampusNexus CRM review by Administrator

"Good tool"

What do you like best?

I have worked with Campus Management for a number of years. It is actually a very good platform for reports and such. There are some that you will need to get customized, but truly a good tool.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that i dont like. But i do wish it was a little more user friendly and some tools were easily found. There are times i have to dig to find a simple task.

Currently there are none as i have noticed that campus improves each time it comes out with an update.

Administrator in Education Management

"The majoirty of my position consists of working within CampusNexus. I work as an System Admin. "

What do you like best?

I like how all encompassing the CampusManagement products, including CampusNexus, are. At one point, CampusManagement the pinnacle of all things related to SIS's (Student Information Systems). The customer support team is typically always available in case I run into any weird bugs. I actually receive bi-weekly check-in/updates where I'm able to voice any concerns and receive updates on discovered system defects.

What do you dislike?

All of the products of CampusManagement (including CampusNexus) are extremely dated at this point. The customer service is great now, only because my organization is in the market for a new Student Information System and we have informed the company of that. There are tons of add ins that are required with very little customization with the features included. CampusNexus offers limited branding, has issues with certain browsers, limited bi-directional engagement, and it is aesthetically obsolete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely see what else is out there. There are many products out there that simply blow CampusNexus out of the water in terms of functionality, ease of use, and cost.

The business process I'm solving is essentially mundane issues end-users experience. I'm required to be familiar with business processes and standard operating procedures for multiple departments, and I have to go through this processes when users experience errors to make sure the users are going through the processes correctly. I've realized that, in an analyst role, it is beneficial to not take what the end-user says at face value.

CampusNexus CRM review by Ashley P.
Ashley P.

"Slow, slow, slow"

What do you like best?

Numerous field options for data input and inquiries

What do you dislike?

Software is slow and not very user friendly. I am constantly having to restart it as it freezes on me.

Data entry, reporting, and lead generation.

CampusNexus CRM review by User in Music
User in Music

"Helpful database has everything"

What do you like best?

As an admissions counselor, I love that I can see everything in one place. I can access documents, housing, activities, class schedule...literally everything, all in one place. CampusNexus Student is also really easy to navigate. It's pretty much fool-proof. I was able to learn much of it on my own, just from playing around and exploring.

It's also really nice that I can often find what I am looking for in more than one place.

I can basically run a report of whatever I am looking for, and easily access the information I need.

I also like that I can change my background color.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the software is ancient. It isn't sleek or easy on the eyes. It reminds me of what my computer looked like back in the 90s. There also seem to be a lot of errors and inconsistencies. Most of these are user-errors, so if someone incorrectly enters data in the slightest way, or if one little detail is left out, the program won't generate a specific student on a report.

I also don't like the Excel viewer that reports are viewed in. If I want to save a report for any reason, I need to copy and paste it into a "real" Excel document, which just becomes tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform if you can get past the ancient visual appeal.

Everyone can see everything in one place. It is easy to keep track of information and data, and it is easy to update and personalize for the institution.

CampusNexus CRM review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Campus Nexus - Yay & Nay"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is relatively simple. There are a lot of reports you can pull to get different kinds of data.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool can be tedious. There is a lot of manhandling of the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of fine details within the platform. Pay attention to those to make sure the platform is good for your needs.

Organizing our student data.

CampusNexus CRM review by User

"CampusVue Review"

What do you like best?

I am reviewing the campusvue component of campus management. One of the things i like best about this student management software is their customer service. Anytime there was an issue, which is often, they were prompt to help resolve it. the emailed and called back for follow up to ensure it was resolved.

What do you dislike?

As a student management software, CampusVue does the minimum to manage student files. It allows for an incredible amount of himan error and although it has an "audit trail" feature, it is not user friendly or easy to catch changes and/or mistakes unless you know what you are looking for specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not reccommend using this software.

I used this software to manage student accounts for an online university. Although I learned my ways around it, coming from a more sophistacated system, I really could see all the flaws in CampusVue. It is not user friendly, notes can easliy be altered and it does not provide easy communication trackig between different departments deaing with the same students.

CampusNexus CRM review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"CampusNexus CRM"

What do you like best?

I like how simplified everything is, there is minimal clutter.

What do you dislike?

Load time is a bit slow going from student to student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a very minimalist interface, there should be minimal load time.

Organizing Student Data

CampusNexus CRM review by User

"Not worth it"

What do you like best?

Honestly, there isn't much that I enjoy about this software. I find it difficult to use and slow most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Complicated, slow and hard to use. Not user friendly at all.

Database for student information, reporting, and database for managing inquiries and leads.

"Registrar"

What do you like best?

Easy to train new employees and refresh old ones.

What do you dislike?

Can be cumbersome. IPEDS need simplified.

Communication within employees.

Learning about CampusNexus Student?

* We monitor all CampusNexus Student reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.