CamScanner

With CamScanner, any documents you see in real world can be digitized and saved right away with your mobile phone. Just take a photo, and CamScanner take care of the rest.

Work for CamScanner?

Learning about CamScanner?

CamScanner Reviews

Ask CamScanner a Question
Showing 66 CamScanner reviews
CamScanner review by Jumana H.
Jumana H.

"A very good quality scanner, portable and available anytime."

What do you like best?

I'm working in a place where I need to scan many invoices in a daily bases and save them into Dropbox. Before using CamScanner, I had to use the scanning machine and link it to my pc and convert the scanned files into PDF format. In CamScanner, I can do all these steps in one step by just taking a picture and the documents can be downloaded in a high quality.

**Syncing all scanned documents in a cloud account is awesome. Also, I can download the documents as PDF directly without the need of converter! this app saved my time.

**Cropping tool is amazing, you can take a quick picture without paying attention to the edges and the cropping tool can take care of the page layout, it can detects the text and discard the footnote.

** Image enhancement is really amazing to improve the quality of the documents.

** Its a free Software !!

** you can combine many pages and save them in one PDF!

What do you dislike?

** There is a limitation in storage, so you always need to cleanup some space.

** Mobile camera should be a high quality.

** Of course it will be a time consuming if you have many pages needed to be scanned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended, you can use it for small number of documents and you can create an online account to sync your documents.

It cancels the need of a physical scanner. Also, a time efficient tool to copy and save all accounting invoices.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CamScanner
CamScanner review by vinay a.
vinay a.

"Personal / Portable Scanner !! (Excellent tool + Free)"

What do you like best?

Once i had to urgently scan a document and share with my Boss but i didn't had scanner available ready. Then he asked me to download this app and use it. Initially i thought...the quality will not be good but when i installed this app and used. The quality was awesome and it was easy to use. The best quality for the cam scanner app is

- Convert into pdf

- Invite freinds

- Add comments

- Set tag

What do you dislike?

This is excellent software. There is nothing which you will dislike in this. Paid version is also cheaper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using cam scanner. Its useful tool which will help you in your business and personal life both. You can download app which is absolutely free. Here, you could buy premium version which is also cheaper whether you take monthly subscription or yearly. This will help you to have cloud space, password protection, auto upload to Dropbox, google docs etc.

Its like portable scanner. While i am travelling, at home, in meeting ...anytime i can use my phone as scanner and share documents with whoever i need to share.

It also helps me to manage my personal documents as i could scan and save in folders...i can access anytime on my phone. No need to carry hard disk or access cloud.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

CamScanner review by Yamini P.
Yamini P.

"Camscanner turns your phone into a portable scanner"

What do you like best?

It lets me quickly scan and share documents on the go. It also helps in making the scanned document look more clearer by adjusting the contrast and other settings. Another interesting feature which I found missing from other similar apps like Adobe Scan is that it allows me to sort the scanned documents when done in batch mode.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't let me combine images or another documents stored on my phone memory or other apps to be merged with the document scanned with Camscanner, A lot of times, I have faced a requirement to create a soft document by combining paper documents and soft copy documents. In that case, I need to take help of some external tool to do the job.

The PDFs created using the free version also carry watermarks which makes the documents inappropriate to use for professional purposes. Adobe Scan offers services without any such constraints.

I don't need to be near a scanner in order to share the documents with someone. Even if I am travelling and someone needs to access documents I have, I can easily scan the documents using Camscanner and share over an email or any other medium. The scan quality is pretty good and it's hard for anyone to say that it has not been scanned from a proper scanner. So, it saves a lot of time and effort by turning mobile phone into a portable scanner,

CamScanner review by Elisa C.
Elisa C.

"It saves me so much time"

What do you like best?

It allows me to digitize any document in excellent quality in a matter of seconds. I also love the fact that it has the option to export and store the files in a lot of ways.

What do you dislike?

The free version is excellent except for one detail... the unavoidable watermark at the end of the scan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use it, you won't ever need an outside scanner anymore (yes, it's that great). The free version works perfectly, so if you don't mind the watermark at the end of each scan you can use it without any trouble. However, if you wish to avoid the watermark, the full version is quite affordable.

It saves me a lot of time. It turns my phone into a high quality scanner and it allows me to digitize documents anywhere and send them right away to my boss. I fell in love with this app and I no longer use an outside scanner.

CamScanner review by Cesar A S.
Cesar A S.

"Cam Scanner easy capture of your documents"

What do you like best?

La facilidad con la que se maneja el programa, tiene una interfase bastante sencilla y rápida que permite transformar de manera instantánea una imagen cualquiera en un PDF de calidad para compartir y enviar por correo o por cualquier sistema de mensajería instantánea (como Whatsapp o Signal) o compartirla en redes sociales o sencillamente guardarla en tu dispositivo. Una de las mayores fortalezas de camscanner es que puede transformar una foto así se un dispositivo con una cámara de poca nitidez y una imagen PDF facilmente legible y bastante liviana. El funcionamiento de la aplicación es rápido, eficiente y directo, se toma la foto, se selecciona la forma de envió y listo.

What do you dislike?

Quizás la mayor limitación es que en la imagen una vez capturada no es posible alterar las escalas de grises, lo cual puede ser perjudicial porque una sencilla modificación en el tono puede ser que la imagen adquiera una mejor nitidez y detalle, esto es especialmente con los documentos a blanco y negro, con imagenes a color no existe mayor inconveniente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La aplicación es altamente recomendada, debido a su sencillez, simplificación, multiplicidad de opciones de envío, y especialmente por la calidad de las imágenes de salida, que no importa el dispositivo, siempre aparecen con buena calidad.

La aplicación ha permitido resolver problemas cotidianos de manera rápida, como el envio de documentos internos, memos y notificaciones que requieran sellos y firmas y verificación, a los que sencillamente con una fotografía y el envió respectivo a través de la aplicación solventan cualquier duda o retraso que haya con el mismo.

CamScanner review by manoj o.
manoj o.

""The scanner camscanner""

What do you like best?

In the 90's there were no type of mobile phones and other accessories which can be taken to scan the documents. But as we can see the name camscanner which indicates that the scanner which can be scanned through the camera present in the mobile phone which is a very good way of scanning the documents mobility option of this software is very awesome. There are many options for using the application based upon the customer's need ranging from price $0.99 to $49.99. It also gives the language support in many different languages. It also includes the precropping and the auto enhancing effects which makes easy for the person to make the file. It can also make the pdf, we can directly mail to the person we want to, and many other features. And the quality of scanning the document is a high quality and we can send the file in any format and in any quality we want. This also supports air print which is a good factor. And the documents can also be protected via password where the security is good. I like this application as it have the mobility of using it anywhere we want.

What do you dislike?

I don't have dislikes but this software have the cons that , it is very expensive. Other then this cons, the software is best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend all the people who are using the scanners should move on to this software which is very easy to use and can extend the space of cloud via purchasing it. Thank you.

Our company have used this software to scan the documents where the scanner is not used to scan the documents and the maintenance of the scanner is removed because of it. Our company personally like this software.

CamScanner review by Indya J. C.
Indya J. C.

"Great for interfacing with Clients!"

What do you like best?

I love this app because I am constantly needing documents from clients and vis versa. Cam scanner has enabled me to retrieve signed documents from my clients that need to be turned in. This has also enabled them to be timely in the event that transportation is an issue for them to turn the document in to me or for me to transport the document physically them. I also love that cam scanner smoothes out crinkles in the original document.

What do you dislike?

I find that i have to play around with the filters (i.e. whiteboard) in order to get the best angle and clarity on the document before its turned into a pdf. This typically takes me a few times to get this right especially if taking a picture of a document that is on colored paper i.e. transcripts, however the black and white filter counteracts this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it would be amazing to have a tutorial of all of the features and/or how to adjust certain features of your documents. For example, how to use each filter and convert it to different formats.

Most definitely timeliness is solved! Cam scanner has completely enabled my clients who may live in a different city from our headquarters to be turn in required documents. Before cam scanner i always had the problem of clients sending in photos of documents in jpeg format and then I would have to figure out what program to use in order to export it correctly.

CamScanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A best scanner app to scan documents"

What do you like best?

There best part of this app is that it perfectly converts the scanned documents in PDF, or as required format. this app really hepled me a lot as it saves my lot of time to scan my docs. Even, it has become easy to send the scanned documents in different file formats to our clients without losing any of the data from the doc. It also maintains the data integrity by keeping to the data in its original format.

What do you dislike?

A ass such, I didn't find anything lack with this application. It has some inbuilt functions which makes it a unique among the all other apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

a perfect application.. does not need any changes.. yes, if need.. it can include more file formats also

I am using to this application personally in my phone also But, if we talk about the main business problems, then the recent issue I resolved with thye help of this application is when my client asked me to send all the doc in PDF format after scanning them. And it was an easy task with the help of this app.

CamScanner review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great product! Scans and enhances for very good quality. It's the best in its class."

What do you like best?

The enhancements are great. It crystallizes the text and eliminates shadows. Makes scanning easy on the go without an actual scanner.

What do you dislike?

The memory size of the scans are a bit large. Could be 1 mg or larger on even a page or 2 of black and white text. Although there is an option to downsize the memory, even the smallest option seems large for a comparable pdf scanned via regular scanner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. I've tried the competition including Windows product as well as Googles product and they don't come close quality of scan and enhancing, ease of use, rarely - if ever - encountered any bugs (to the best of my memory). Solid all around good product, very well made, with a very good free option and cloud back up. What more do you need in a product like this?

Easy solution for on the go. Don't need to be constantly near a physical scanner so allows me to get scanned documents to where they need to go faster.

CamScanner review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Avid User - Such a Handy Tool"

What do you like best?

I use CamScanner quite often. It comes in handy both at work and in my personal life. I carry my phone everywhere with me so it is like having your own portable scanner in your pocket. I really like the ease of use and the quality of pdfs the app generates. I do not have a printer or scanner at my house so I use the app frequently at home if I need to save a document and at work.

What do you dislike?

The organization piece could use a little work in the app. I often take handwritten notes at work and it would be nice to be able to organize my scanned notes into folders and move them around easily. It could then not only function as a scanner but as a digital notebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it...it will save you a lot of time if you often have to scan documents at work or at home.

At work: I often have to scan documents and email them. When I do this normally, I would have to leave my office, go to the scanner, wait for the document to scan and then email it. This app allows me to do all of that without having to leave my office.

At Home: I don't like having a lot of paper laying around so this comes in handy if I want to save my bills but don't want to file them somewhere to take up space. I can easily scan all of my bills with my phone and then save them for future use.

CamScanner review by User in Design
User in Design

"Scan on the Go"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this app is exactly what you think it should do and it actually does it. You can "scan" a document via taking a simple picture with your cell phone. There are various filters you can use but the most popular and effective is the black and white which emulates high contrast scans.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the CamScanner watermark that appears at the bottom of every scan. But simple fix is to just pay for it or crop it out via Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a life saver especially if you don't have a scanner handy. Even if you do have a scanner and don't require a high resolution scan, CamScanner is the app to use.

Multiple page scans creating PDFs in no time. Sharing these scans are great especially if you don't have access to a computer and scanner.

CamScanner review by Will P.
Will P.

"Easy to Use Clear Scanning Software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Camscanner is how "plug and play" it feels. It's really easy to fire up Camscanner was so easy to install and takes really clear scans of my documents which are easily shared with whoever I need to share them with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software doesn't pick up the boundaries of the document that I'm trying to scan correctly and I have to spend some time adjusting the boundaries to appropriately capture everything I needed Camscanner to capture. This is easy to do, though, so this is really a non-issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd seriously recommend giving this software a trial run in your business. I've never had an issue using it, it's free to try, and it takes clear shots of documents. I can't recommend this highly enough for quality and ease of use.

Until I found Camscanner, it was hard to scan customer documents on the go. I would have to save them in a folder, scan them into a machine at the office, and email them from my computer (or transfer them into my CRM software). With this, it eliminates the middle man step of scanning into a machine and makes my business life so much easier, which saves me time. And time, as a sales person, definitely equals money!

CamScanner review by Ariana F.
Ariana F.

"CamScanner highly recommended"

What do you like best?

I have been using Camscanner for about 7 months now. I use my app in a Moto G phone and the quality is excellent. I recently was in a library with no access to a photocopier, a scanner or the possibility of borrowing the book, and Camscanner saved me.

I scanned over 100 pages, in black and white, with excellent quality, easy to give a title and share through Gmail. Very impressed.

Now, I do not pay for this app, and so have limited storage capability, but by paying a monthly fee of less than USD 5, you can increase to 10GB in the cloud and other 7 features.

Easy to upload to Dropbox, Evernote, OneDrive, send documents through Gmail, etc

What do you dislike?

The watermark at the end of the scan...because I have the free version.

Easy to use, excellent quality and results.

CamScanner review by alise g.
alise g.

"Great Scanning App!"

What do you like best?

I love that it allows you to easily convert pictures and documents to PDF. It's super easy to use and helps with so many different tasks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really- I think it works well. It would be nice if more was included in the free version- like faxing capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great! So easy to use and really meets the needs for so many different functions. I use it to scan, create PDFs and jpegs.

It helps me create lessons as a teacher and it also helps me send invoices and other documents by creating a PDF

CamScanner review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Excellent app for delivering documents quickly"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use, and the almost fully featured ability to scan documents into a digital image via your cell phone. I love how it is compatible with iOS and Android devices and has a full set of features that can be used for free. I also enjoy how the app automatically adjusts contrast and angles so you have a professional looking document when you send it off via email, text, or many social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the watermark, but I understand that it is a feature to encourage people to buy the full version, which is very reasonably priced. I wish it had more options for document recognition, and the interface is a little less intuitive than I would have hoped for. My least favorite feature of the app is how difficult it can be to sort pages in the correct order. If there was an ability to drag and drop images in a document, it would be a much needed improvement.

I am able to quickly delivery documents to my clients and to my manager within minutes while I am on the road. I no longer need to rely on fax or take clumsy photos with my phone camera.

CamScanner review by Frank S.
Frank S.

"Fax function very user unfriendly"

What do you like best?

The application as a scanner to keep track of receipts is top notch - the ability to send PDF email improves simplicity for accounting.

What do you dislike?

1) You can only purchase one or 10 pages nothing in between

2) When I submitted fax there was an error but they still charged me $4 so I had to send twice and was charged twice

3) When I tried to contact customer service it timed out (no call back number)

4) Very frustrating experience one that I would not recommend

Scanning and sending PDF emails is top notch - faxing not so much - should not over promise and just stick to what they are good at

CamScanner review by Ginger W.
Ginger W.

"GREAT TOOL"

What do you like best?

Quick. Easy. Great ap to use when tackling several task at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike! I haven't had one problem with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just like most working, traveling, on-the-go people, I don't have time to stop what I'm doing. This product is easy to use and keeps me organized with paperwork I'm sending out via text/email. I had a co-worker recommend this to me and have used everyday since then.

Sending expense reports and other paperwork needed. CamScanner is easy to read once completed and ready to send.

CamScanner review by Monique L.
Monique L.

"Extremely useful app that is easy and simple to use "

What do you like best?

I was recommended to download this app from a coworker and it has worked out great for me. This app turns your phone into a scanner. You simply download the app, snap a "photo" of the document you want to scan, and then make any cropping or lighting changes as necessary. You can then save and send the document to a printer or an email address. The result is a scanned documents that is extremely professional and clean.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this app.

This app has replaced my use for an outside scanner completely. I use this app to send scanned documents to coworkers, business associates, etc. This app makes it easy to quickly scan anything and then send it over within minutes.

CamScanner review by Anna P.
Anna P.

"Say goodbye to your fax machine"

What do you like best?

This application allows my company to no longer worry about sending faxes. We simply us this app to scan all the documents necessary, and then use online services that send PDF's for free.

What do you dislike?

I was originally in a premium account and in one of the upgrades I lost my premium status. Not sure what happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I was initially shocked at how well it scanned documents.

Decluttering our office and the ability to scan documents on the go.

CamScanner review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"The perfect app for scanning like a professional"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough great things about this app. It makes my life soooo much easier. I use it to scan papers all the time. Just take your phone out and it will take a picture in the form of a scan, rearrange the paper so it's angled just right, and save it or send it via email (and other means) to where you need it to go. You can take multiple scans (pictures) and it will save it to the same document too. This isn't like just taking a photo of a piece of paper, however. This truly works just like scanning a document.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I think this is a great app and I don't have any issues with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best app that you could choose of the scanning apps that are out there. I highly recommend this app!

I don't have a scanner at my job, and now I don't need one thanks to CamScanner.

CamScanner review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"CamScanner helps me rid my life of pesky paper!"

What do you like best?

I hate paper, so I love CamScanner. It is much quicker for me to use than a traditional flatbed scanner. And since it's a mobile app, I always have it with me. As soon as I get a piece of paper that is worth saving, I scan it and then (usually) throw away the paper.

The interface is easy to use and makes it easy to scan multiple pages into a single document. I can also reorder the pages in the document. Sending the resulting PDF via email is simple.

The cloud storage of PDFs is great because it makes it easy for me to scan stuff on my phone and then download to my computer (instead of emailing to myself or some other solution).

What do you dislike?

The quality suffers if your lighting isn't perfect. If it is too dark, the scanned image will be blurry. Sometimes I try to use flash to improve an image, but then the result is too bright. I've gotten better at optimizing my image setup (it mostly requires finding the right light and the right background), but the app could make this a little better. Perhaps an option to change the flash output would be good, so that I can avoid making my images too bright when using flash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it already and free yourself of paper!

I use CamScanner in place of a traditional scanner for lots of business and personal purposes, including:

- Scan receipts for expense reports

- Scan handwritten notes from my notebook so I can save them as a PDF with other project information (and share with teammates)

- Scan contracts that need my handwritten signature

- Scan bills or invoices I receive in the mail

- Scan whiteboards my team creates during project meetings

- Scan sheet music so that I can practice it at home

CamScanner review by Animesh W.
Animesh W.

"Amazing app gets the scanning job done faster."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and availability of a scanner on my phone whenever I need one. This really helps in doing business as I am always on the move cause of the nature of my Job.

What do you dislike?

The picture quality can be improved further and few times the page is not properly allighned after scanning

Recommendations to others considering the product

To each on its own, but since I have installed this app had been a fan of the application.

Many times I am on the go and does not always have a scanner to scan official documents and send them across. Camscanner really comes handy in those cases.

CamScanner review by User

"In a pinch"

What do you like best?

It was fast, easy, and helped me out in a pinch! I had some documents that I needed to scan and email in a hurry when my desk top scanner/printer was down. I really like that after finding this app, I no longer need to maintain a big scanner/printer taking up space on my desk, when I can just pull the camscanner app up anytime I need to scan and email my documents.

What do you dislike?

Conflicting, confusing reviews about it...I read a few reviews that were actually more confusing than using the app itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your in a pinch, when you either don't have a scanner or your current scanner isn't working, this app is a great one to try. I just needed to send off some documents asap when my scanner wasn't working, and this was simple to download, snap the pic and email to where it needed to go.

I needed to scan and email some documents, and my scanner was having issues...the camscanner helped me get those documents out in time. Like I said, now I don't have to maintain and take up space with a big scanner on my desktop, I can just pull the app up anytime, anywhere and scan and email the documents that I need to send. This is not only a big space saver to have and use the app, but you don't have to be at your desk to use it...you can scan anywhere and save those documents.

CamScanner review by Frank "Mac" S.
Frank "Mac" S.

"What more could you want?"

What do you like best?

CamScanner is a beautifully simple app for converting anything into a PDF. And this is what I like the most. I can use my phone camera to take a picture of anything and turn it into a PDF document.

What do you dislike?

The app is not immediately intuitive. You need to play around and experiment with the different buttons in order to figure out what everything does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cannot recommend any more highly

This app allows me to convert anything into a read-only PDF document so that I can securely share it.

CamScanner review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Great for Mobile Scanning - Not for Faxing"

What do you like best?

I have been using this app for over 5 years. It is very quick and does scanning very well. My favorite features include the ability to change the document for a color, black and white or grey. The filters are very effective at making the documents much clearer to read and understand. I also enjoy the ability to scan multiple pages into a document and create a consolidated PDF file.

What do you dislike?

The fax feature on the application is very spotty. I have tried to use it multiple times and have had my money refunded back to me because the fax never sends. It is very frustrating because it would be a great feature if it worked correctly. The application also always puts their "Scanned by CamScanner" logo on which I believe will be removed in the paid version of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is great for your to quickly use on the go. I have tried other scanning applications and this is the only application that provides quality support and a ton of feature on their free version.

For my job I am always on the go. The CamScanner app allows me to quickly scan and email documents to my team members in the office and to potential partners. The cloud feature is also very nice - since I have access to my document everywhere as long as I am near a computer or other communications device.

CamScanner review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of being able to scan documents with my phone with ability to choose different file types, along with color or black and white editing options.

What do you dislike?

The only negative would be the logo on the bottom, but it's not a big deal for my needs.

It is faster than switching my MFC to scan mode. There are more editing options. I work from home and I'm able to easily scan things if I'm away from my home office.

CamScanner review by Hannah L.
Hannah L.

"Best app on my phone"

What do you like best?

Have used CamScanner countless times over the last few years for everything you could do with a normal scanner.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say here. The application does everything I'd want from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money.

I'm able to handle the accounting for our local chapter much more efficiently.

CamScanner review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"Great app for scanning"

What do you like best?

It does everything that Id expect a scanning app to do as well as having an excellent cropping tool that works brilliantly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike about this app. It does what I want it to. I haven't tried it with things other than A4 pages however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a page scanning app then you wont be disappointed by camscanner.

I needed an app for quick scanning while on the go. Its also very useful when I only have a couple of pages to scan as I don't need to fire up the office scanner. Its actually easier in a sense as I can share the document or save to the cloud all in one action.

CamScanner review by Erin G.
Erin G.

"I use this product every time I need to record a receipt to expense in invoices."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to make a legible copy of receipts especially on the go when I'd usually lose something or crumple it into a purse or a wallet.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to combine web receipts or screenshots into receipt folders (Uber, Lyft).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried other apps for this type of use but it is used by many other people who freelance at the same companies as me. It always comes recommended to me and I always recommend to others.

Expensing travel and transportation expenses as well as making a digital record of equipment I buy. I'm not holding hard copies that I have to rummage for around tax season.

CamScanner review by Carson P.
Carson P.

"The best document scanning app"

What do you like best?

The ultra simplistic interface. The torch flash setting.

What do you dislike?

Limited options for exporting. No way to set location in storage.

I don't have to drive all the way home to scan something to email for a client.

CamScanner review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Saves teachers time"

What do you like best?

The convenience and accuracy saves me time. Time is everything when you only have 45 minutes of planning, parent meeting, bathroom, and department meetings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to sync

I'm saving time and eliminating the need to keep proprietary student information around. I'm not risking FERPA violations because I can shred data right after scamming it right from my phone.

CamScanner review by Abhilash P.
Abhilash P.

"Phone to Scaaner in a giffy"

What do you like best?

1. Simple and efficient UI

2. Enhancment features

3. Combining of multiple scans into a single file

4. Reordering of images in a file

5. Sharing

What do you dislike?

1. There are no options to save the scanned images to google drive directly. I have to mail them to my gmail account and then do it.

2. Better naming options

3. Scans once added to a file disapper from the images section it is a very complex process put them into another file

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for emailing scanned documents to someone on a frequent baisis this is the tool for you. If this for scanning documents for storage, then brace your self for some running round and round.

Cam scanner helps me to scan bills and any document immediatly and with proper enhancement. Reduces time and effort from my end to get the right scan of any document any where any time.

CamScanner review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Scanner"

What do you like best?

I like how I can use the app on my phone to instantly scan documents to colleagues

What do you dislike?

I currently like all of the app. The app accurately corrects display of document for you!

Benefits include easy access to scan documents and share files with supervisors and admin. The app will automatically provide options to save as pdf or send as an email!

CamScanner review by User in Wireless
User in Wireless

"Go-to scanner"

What do you like best?

I use CamScanner on my phone. Just scan required documents anytime anywhere. Good editing options. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to be disliked with this software. I totally love it.

I use it for my personal use. When I have to scan some written documents to be mailed to someone, I use CamScanner. To keep backup of academic assignments in school.

CamScanner review by Ludmar R.
Ludmar R.

"Easy and practical document digitizer"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use

Very practical

You can use it anywhere

It produces good quality digital copies of documents

Not to expensive to get the pro version of it

What do you dislike?

It is a little heavy

On the free version the ads are kinda annoying

Send digitized documents with good quality when out of office/home

To speed-up bureaucratic tasks

CamScanner review by Kristina L.
Kristina L.

"So Handy"

What do you like best?

That it converts a picture to PDF and edits it to loot like I actually scanned it.

What do you dislike?

Ocationally it will make a light pencil line or paper crease into a dark line when edited. This is rare.

On the go having to get a document to a co-worker.

CamScanner review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Converts your phone into a portable and useful scanner"

What do you like best?

The ease of use that I just need to take a picture and rest is taken care by the app. I can crop the image, chose the various lighting settings and effects, and it converts the image to pdf. It also provides 200M of cloud storage space so that we can sync the scanned docs to the cloud drive in real time.You can sync these to any cloud drive.It also provides a functionality to fax the scanned docs.It also allows scanning in batch to create multi page pdfs.You can also set the brightness and contrast of the document.

What do you dislike?

In low lighting , images are blurred at times.Also, if the phone battery is low, flash light is auto off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to save time and a convenient alternative to backup your documents for free, Camscanner will meet all your needs.

I am not worried about looking for a scanner or a photocopy machine to keep a backup of my important documents/forms while I am on the move. Even compared to a scanner, it is much quick and easy to digitize my docs using Camscanner. As i don't need to computer to scan the documents first and then upload them to a backup drive.

CamScanner review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"CamScanner "

What do you like best?

It’s great when you need to create a PDF

What do you dislike?

No complaints from me. It made my work very easy when I need quick PDFs to email

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s great and easy to use

When I need to send a PDF via email

CamScanner review by Ana D L.
Ana D L.

"Very convenient and easy to use on my phone"

What do you like best?

I can use on the go, the resolution of the document is outstanding

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, my phone screen might be too small

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good lid place to take picture, and steady place

Get documents on the go to pdf format, or I use when my desktop scanner do not want to work, or resolution is poor. It works better than the regular desktop scanner most of the times

CamScanner review by Kate J.
Kate J.

"LOVE CamScanner"

What do you like best?

CamScanner allows me to scan documents with my phone in seconds.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the picture cuts off some of the words on the page if I'm not careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! No hesitation.

CamScanner saves me so much time in processing documents and getting them signed. No more having to find a scanner and email the documents. CamScanner lets me take a picture and send it off.

CamScanner review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"cam scanner"

What do you like best?

It is convenient to use a smart phone to scan instead of a scanner.

What do you dislike?

I do not the advertisements on the free version

Recommendations to others considering the product

The images come out really well for most purposes.

Can easily share the scan straight from the app.

CamScanner review by User

"Great way to track expenses"

What do you like best?

When working out of town, I can take a photo of my paper receipts then ditch 'em. No longer necessary to keep all the paper until I'm home. I also like the 'email to myself' option, it's quick and I get a pdf of all my receipts to invoice my clients.

What do you dislike?

Ads pop up occasionally on the free version.

Quick and easy invoicing, optimization of receipt (blurry, crooked, crumpled) quality.

CamScanner review by User in Higher Education

"Quick and very useful"

What do you like best?

It is a scanner. The best mobile appbi tried to do its exact task.

What do you dislike?

Some times magic tool is reducing picture quality and no update after sharing if failed or successful.

Every day documentation.

CamScanner review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME HAVE TO BUY A SCANNER"

What do you like best?

I use this product every day it is JUST LIKE using a scanner

What do you dislike?

sometimes the color of the final scan comes out off

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE THIS!!!

the problem of not having a scanner!

CamScanner review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Scan everywhere and everywhen"

What do you like best?

It is an app very simple to use whenever you need it

What do you dislike?

nothing to object to my uses. It works very well

I can scan documents and/or books

CamScanner review by Fabiana Elena R.
Fabiana Elena R.

"It is easy to use and very practical"

What do you like best?

I like that the quality of the scanned images are really good

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing for first users sometimes, maybe there are too many options

If I am in a hurry and I have to send any scanned document I can do it from anywhere.

CamScanner review by User in Higher Education

"Portable scanning app is great! "

What do you like best?

I can use it anywhere, I can group scans together.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am happy with the product. I have no complaints.

In the absence of a printer I can scan and project pages from a book or other documents on the fly.

CamScanner review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"You now have a pocket scanner!"

What do you like best?

I'm a recruiter and for whatever reason, so many candidates do not have or have access to a scanner nowadays. Every time I need an offer signed and there's a delay, I usually ask - Do you have access to a scanner? They don't and that's when this app is downright awesome. It doesn't just take a picture of the page, it actually converts the picture to a document. Now every candidate that gets an offer from me is given a link to download this app! It's been a great life saver... not life saver but pretty darn convenient.

What do you dislike?

Well... you don't want to go crazy and "scan" too many pages. This is good for a few pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is so easy to use and easy to sign up for. Download it and have it on hand for that moment when you need to scan a document on the go.

I now have a tool that turns everybody's phone into a legitimate scanner!

CamScanner review by Annemarie F.
Annemarie F.

"Camscanner "

What do you like best?

That not only is it a photo, but it is enhanced.

What do you dislike?

I have had friends struggle a bit with it, but I have not had issues with it.

Easy to scan papers for work anywhere.

CamScanner review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"CamScanner is essential for the phone to record documents"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - you snap it, scan it and file it. Really easy

What do you dislike?

The integration with Google Drive doesn't show your folders in alphabetical order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just download it and use for everything

I use it whenever I need to scan a document. It has literally replaced a flatbed scanner for all instances.

CamScanner review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"CamScanner"

What do you like best?

You don't have to spend a few hundred dollars for one of those portable scanners, this one is free! It works great, it enhances the scanned document, and then you can send it as a pdf. I use it all the time to reduce paper we need to keep and digitally file the documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more seamless for doing multiple pages of a single document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need an easy app for digitally capturing your documents on the go, then this is the perfect FREE option.

Having a portable scanner that allows you to digitally file your documents on the go.

CamScanner review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Super Useful tool...for a few pages"

What do you like best?

I like how the software is smart to identify the edges of a document and automatically crop out the remaining part of the image. It also is a great solution for being on the go and needing to quickly scan something into the system. The auto enhance feature is amazing at getting a good image to look great and readable!

What do you dislike?

I don't think that anyone in the right mind would want to spend their time using a camera to scan in the paperwork for their mortgage or adoption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free version and a paid version. I also believe that their paid version can be free if you're willing to share something about their app on social media, so why not give this great tool a shot? You literally have nothing to lose.

CamScanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Perfect portable scanner "

What do you like best?

This app is perfect portable scanner for mobile

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike for this portable scanner app

It will scan document any time as it is very compatible app for mobile and can trim the scan on the go.

CamScanner review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"easy tool"

What do you like best?

i like its ease of use ,organization of my files and the scanned photos are really clear.

What do you dislike?

Some times the ads are annoying. Also, the sharing is not always optimum.

Every day life documents scanning. so handy.

CamScanner review by Shyam K.
Shyam K.

"Great way to scan docs whilst on the move"

What do you like best?

Its a great tool and easy to use. Perfect for scanning documents & especially receipts whilst on the move.

What do you dislike?

If you have an older model smartphone or the camera isnt the best of quality you may have to try a few shots before getting a clear image, but again this isnt the softwares fault

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it - perfect if you travel a fair amount.

CamScanner review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Awesome for scanning docs with your phone!"

What do you like best?

I dabble in Real Estate (licensed Realtor) and I have to scan documents all the time when I'm out of the office. I just place them on a table or the ground, take a pic with CamScanner, and voila... add them right to DropBox.

What do you dislike?

The image quality isn't always the best. I have to take multiple pics sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free and upgrade to paid after you see it's value.

CamScanner review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cam Scanner Helps To Get Organized"

What do you like best?

I like the customization available and methods of how to share documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't really think there is anything i dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out.

Can scan and send invoices.

CamScanner review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Great for phones"

What do you like best?

I made PDF files straight from my phone. 3 weeks ago I was at a hotel conference and took a photo of my hotel and meal receipts, just in case I lost them while travelling. It worked great!

What do you dislike?

One of my colleagues used it and it didn't turn out so great on hers. I think the lighting has to be optimal. Other that that, it works well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's free and works great in moments where you need concrete proof only a photo can share.

CamScanner review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"scan documents on the go"

What do you like best?

Ability to uploading scanned files to googledrive, box and dropbox for free.

Camscanner allows for password protection on scanned documents.

Being able to turn an important document into digital format on the go is much needed when all you have is your smartphone!

What do you dislike?

Although i dont use skydrive and evertnote (as my primary cloud storages) for those who do you need to pay to upload documents.

Camscan also lacks the ability to continuously shoot/scan on Android device so you can only take one single photo at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this application is definately worth having. The simple functionality provides a needed service, for example when doing expenses!

I use this on the android device (galaxy S3) and have noticed i can only take one shot/scan at a time so i cant do a continuous scan. Eitherway, its still providing a much needed service.

CamScanner review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Perfect for expenses"

What do you like best?

What can i say .. the ability to take a picture of my receipt after a business dinner, and then have the image emailed in a PDF to me is all that I need. This came in real handy last week and I look forward to using it again next week.

What do you dislike?

Nothing .. it works great .. just zoom in on the reciept for best quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just starting using this last week and it was great. I showed it to our Finance staff and we are probably going to have some departments start using it as well. A great tool that saves time.

CamScanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great scanning tool for basic documents"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. You don't need a perfect picture since you can edit your "scan" with the tools provided. You can crop anything you want perfectly and even change the brightness of the document. Easy to email in PDF or JPEG, save to Evernote, dropbox, box, google drive.

What do you dislike?

Consider TurboScan for no ads and a better layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

CamScanner review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Amazing tool what a great idea"

What do you like best?

Take a few photos. and very quickly become a PDF.

Really great for scanning in receipts etc for work rather than using a traditional scanner

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, Limitation on mobile cameras with low light, but that is not the softwares fault

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. really super tool. But if you only do single sheets do you need a pdf or will a jpg do.

CamScanner review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

This gives you everything you need in a normal scanner on hand at all times. The ability to go PDF and email something means you can be anywhere and send it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

It was a little hard to navigate at first but eventually has been nothing but help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download it now so you can have it when you need it.

CamScanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"simple tool for getting expenses stored"

What do you like best?

The tool allows you to quickly scan into pdf any image. It also does multiple sheets.

So easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Would be good if could script into APIs. ALso difficult to get the lighting correct

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go. Great for scanning

CamScanner review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent Photo --> PDF Tool"

What do you like best?

Camscanner allows me to take a picture of a receipt and turn it into a PDF for my expense reports just using my camera.

What do you dislike?

Eugene said it well, avoiding shadows in the picture is nearly impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great app worth looking into if you need to take a note of something to look at later, it takes just seconds.

CamScanner review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Easy PDF maker using my mobile phone!"

What do you like best?

When I don't have a scanner handy, this is a really easy way for me to take a photo using my phone and create a PDF. I've done this quite a few times and the application auto-corrects/optimizes the image as well

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to avoid shadows (sometimes adjusting the contrast gets ridof this) on a 'page' depending on the lighting

Recommendations to others considering the product

The functionality is similar to taking a photo, sending it via email to yourself, opening the image file and then optimizing and saving as a PDF -- but now, I'm able to do all of this directly in a few steps within one application. This has been a lifesaver quite a few times for me

Learning about CamScanner?

* We monitor all CamScanner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.