Camtasia

More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos.

Work for Camtasia?

Learning about Camtasia?

Camtasia Reviews

Ask Camtasia a Question
Showing 246 Camtasia reviews
Camtasia review by <span>Shinn C.</span>
Shinn C.

Easy to use video editing tool that's great for beginner and intermediate video editors

What do you like best?

Camtasia has a very simple user interface. You can jump right into the product and create or edit a video without any training. Basic functionality for turning slide decks into a video is very simple. Adding in basic transitions, zooming in, written comments, narrations, and video effects is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I've used Camtasia on both a PC and Mac, there seems to be a discrepancy between the two versions, so there's a bit learning needed. There also seems to be random paid updates that are rolled out that aren't communicated well. I've experienced some bugginess around exporting projects to MP4 formats. It works fine sometimes, other times the file output results in an empty file. The biggest shortcoming is around the video quality or conversion quality. The quality seems to be lower than Apple iMovie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Camtasia is a great tool for people who aren't power video editors and may find more professional tools intimidating and confusing to use.

I use Camtasia primarily to create videos from slide decks and edit raw video recordings to create crisp customer facing recordings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Camtasia
Camtasia review by <span>Jayson G.</span>
Jayson G.

Very easy to use and straight-forward video editing tool

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Camtasia is how easy it is to edit videos and create slideshow videos with my photos. It is like the built-in Windows video editor but in a better scale. I like that they added additional features that you can only find in a full-blown editing software like in a studio. With Camtasia, I can create my screenshares and edit it seamlessly. I create tutorials most of the time for team, and I like how they integrate the screensharing platform with the editing software. From screensharing, I can readily edit and add annotations and additional images for presentation purposes. I also like the audio correction tool, and how it enhances your voice overs.

What do you dislike?

Camtasia is everything you may ask for a video editing software. Probably they can add more transition effects and a marketplace for media add-ons for people loyal to Camtasia to select from. But aside from it, I have nothing against to say with Camtasia, since they made it a great software and the team made a fantastic job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend people to use Camtasia for their video editing needs. They have a quality team that improves their software every new update is released.

A lot actually. I professionally make video tutorials, and the last thing I need is an incomplete tutorial or inaudible one. Camtasia has a lot of features like sound correction, which reduces the background noise and enhances the audio quality so the video can be more appealing to the viewing public. It makes my job as a video tutorial maker easier to do.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Camtasia review by <span>Jeffrey L.</span>
Jeffrey L.

Excellent choice of software. . .especially for beginners and for experienced users

What do you like best?

I like that it combines the ability to edit and produce a quality product for our clients that looks professional.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like, yet, but I'm still looking. So far, it's perfect for our office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a relatively easy to use and fairly inexpensive way to go for your Windows-based software, I would invite you to take a look at Camtasia. I have found that it is wonderful and I personally have recommended it to colleagues over the course of the past year and would continue to recommend it today and tomorrow.

The business problems I am solving with Camtasia is being able to market our firm in the best ways possible through producing client-specific videos on DVD. The benefits are enormous! We are connecting with our clients in the best of ways which allows us the ability to maintain our current client base and receive new prospects because of word of mouth and recommendations from our clients.

Camtasia review by <span>Ginny C.</span>
Ginny C.

Super Robust for a "Non-Professional" Video Editing Software

What do you like best?

I learned how to edit videos using Camtasia, and they made that easy with their excellent technical support and demo videos. Now that I somewhat know what I'm doing, I really like the logical way they have set up the functionality. I have gotten rave reviews for the videos I've produced with Camtasia and I really feel like they made me look good, because I'm not a professional editor at all.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of clunky to adjust timing of clips, having to constantly zoom in and out to be able to select whole chunks of the video. There may be an easier way, I just don't know it. Also, I wish they offered more pre-done animations. They gave us a holiday gift of a ton of awesome animated backgrounds and intros, but they are hard to edit and use. I have to revert to using an online animation program, downloading into a MP4, then importing into Camtasia. Definitely not the most efficient way to work.

Marketing materials need to be in video format for people to consume them - no one reads anymore. So being able to quickly and easily create and edit videos myself is super important, and Camtasia allows me to do that. Much cheaper than hiring a video editor!

Camtasia review by <span>Joe B.</span>
Joe B.

Professional Looking Videos

What do you like best?

There are several features that Camtasia has that make it stand out. My favorite thing is the output - the final product is awesome and the videos look like they were professionally developed. My favorite feature is the ability to highlight and magnify things in the video. This feature has been extremely handly because it allows us to highlight important parts of a video that we want to stand out and for people to pay attention to. I also like that you can record sound for a video right from Camtasia. Camtasia also offers great sound editing capabilities. It allows you to work with the sound to make it exactly what you want. You can make it louder or softer and cut out any static or background noises - a feature that has proven convenient many times.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Camtasia doesn't offer features that allow you to create or product a more interactive video. The only thing that I have found lacking in Camtasia is being able to incorporate a question and answer tool in my videos. Many of the videos I create at my company are for training purposes and question and answers are important for this type of training video. I would like it if there was a way to pause the video and have questions appear that allow users to actually answer the questions. This in my opinion would make Camtasia perfect and meet all of my companies needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Camtasia because it offers just about every feature you would need to product professional videos. It is also convenient because it is compatible with so many programs. For example, it is compatible with PowerPoint so, you can import a PowerPoint presentation in to Camtasia providing you a good base for a video. Camtasia is also compatible with SnagIt so, you can record how to videos with SnagIt and with the click of a button import it to Camtasia. Camtasia also offers a ton of how to and training videos that help you to learn the product in order to get the most out of its features.

Camtasia allows my company to save a ton of money by making it possible for us to product videos in house. Before using Camtasia, we would have to hire a company to produce our videos and this cost a ton of money and a lot of time. We would have to work closely with our third party vendor in order to get the final video product to meet our company standards. Camtasia allows us to do it all in house which ensures company standards are met the first time. It also makes it a lot more inexpensive to be able to create the videos ourselves.

Camtasia review by <span>Brisia S.</span>
Brisia S.

Camtasia for Webinar Recordings

What do you like best?

I typically use camtasia to record virtual presentations. I like that when you are pointing to something on the screen within the presentation, you can set it to detect that and it will zoom in to what you are talking about. I also really enjoy the cursor call outs feature.

What do you dislike?

I find it a little bit difficult to use. It is definitely not that user friendly for someone who does not have much experience with those types of software. I do however, take advantage of their online training. If you go to their website, they have a few resources to learn more about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have experience, they do offer online training so I would take advantage of that. I also highly recommend using the cursor call outs feature.

I record product presentations and virtual training for my company and then share them online for our clients to easily access. This is very important to our company. We need a product that we can easily share online. Camtasia is that product for us.

Learning about Camtasia?

* We monitor all Camtasia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.