Canto

Canto's digital asset management technologies enable organizations to manage digital content.

Work for Canto?

Learning about Canto?

Canto Reviews

Ask Canto a Question
Showing 122 Canto reviews
Canto review by <span>Carijean B.</span>
Carijean B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like Flight because it's intuitive and easy to use. We have a wide range of staff from computer savvy to non and everyone has been able to understand and use Flight successfully. It is also the perfect first step into the world of DAMs. All of our photos were stored on our server with little organization. Just being able to categorize and share photos on Flight has been a godsend.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to delete old or misspelled tags. It becomes harder to search if photos are mislabeled. I'm also not impressed with smart tags (tags that Flight assigns automatically). They are confusing and not particularly accurate. Flight's default setting is to include these when uploading. I wish there was a way to turn off this feature until it becomes more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's especially great if you're new to DAMs. Just take time to establish search terms.

We are now able to share photos across three branches, a dozen departments, and the outside world. Only a few of our marketing team were able to have this kind of access before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Canto
Canto review by <span>Lily T.</span>
Lily T.

"Impressed with Canto"

What do you like best?

We have been using Canto Flight as our Data Asset Management system for the past 6 months or so. Overall, we are very pleased with it. It is easy to use and understand, and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

I'm not super excited about the way its lightbox feature works and I don't like how limited my user base and storage amount is for the fee we pay each month, so those are some limitations. It's a fairly expensive subscription service and the jury is still out for us whether we will ultimately be able to continue using and affording it. But for now, we're happy with it.

We have struggled with a good way to manage our digital assets--primarily photo and video assets. Canto Flight is easy to use, easy to organize, very intuitive, and has a better tagging and management system than other DAMs we've used.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Canto review by <span>Rosie P.</span>
Rosie P.

"Best photo and video management system we could find!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to upload photos in Flight - plus it is fast. I can upload 100 large images and it will take less than 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had facial recognition so it would be easy to tag photos. We have so many event/people photos and it would be great to tag them all easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our tech team looked into what would be the best digital management system and after careful review picked Flight by Canto. We needed a digital management system that was designed for everyone to use. There were other great systems but it was more for a professional photographer. Plus Flight works well on a Mac and PC.

Before Flight all photos were archived on my computer, so if a team member needed anything I had to look for the images myself. With most all our images now in Flight everyone can look for their own images saving team members and me time. What has also has been a tremendous benefit is that you can describe and tag photos which helps keep record of the Museum's institutional history.

Canto review by <span>Brittany C.</span>
Brittany C.

"Great Tool for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily access images approved for use by my company for marketing purposes. I'm a remote worker, so being able to use Flight makes it so much easier to get what I need quickly. I also love the comments feature - that way I can comment where and when I've used a picture.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could open the images in a new tab, while keeping the list of thumbnails open in a separate tab. Looking at the larger pictures would be easier this way, and then I wouldn't have to go back and scroll though the thumbnails again if it wasn't the image I wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful, easy-to-use product that has saved me time in my work. I love that you can categorize images in folders, and that you can put tags on images so they're easier to search for and find.

It makes it so much easier for remote workers to get what they need. It saves me time searching through images, or trying to find one with a free-to-use license.

Canto review by <span>Angel G.</span>
Angel G.

"Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

Flight by Canto Digital Asset Management solution is very user-friendly. It is also extremely easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like when you have required fields in the upload window, but you cannot see them all just by scrolling, you have to click the arrow to see additional fields. If you don't know they are there, you don't know they are mandatory until you click upload and get an error message. I find that aspect to NOT be user friendly and a bit annoying that I have to click a separate button to provide additional "mandatory" information.

Digital asset management. We currently have files in SharePoint, Dropbox, and HubSpot. Here, all of our assets are in one place and organized with thumbnails and search features making it really easy to find what you are looking for.

Canto review by <span>Trevor M.</span>
Trevor M.

"Great Product for Large Teams"

What do you like best?

- ability to house all digital assets in one place

- pulls in meta-data from photos

- auto-tags and categorizes assets into useful groups

- ability for teams to set permissions on assets they own

- all users are able to pull clips from video files

- users can crop and edit photos

What do you dislike?

- web application dependent on internet speed

- requires some management time to review uploads and asset users

- design and comms team now has easy access to all of a department's assets.

- departments can now easily share assets with each other

- design team no longer has to pull video clips or search for photos

- assets can be be searched for in multiple ways, making it easier to locate what we're looking for

Canto review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

"Product that is a breeze to use and highly recomended."

What do you like best?

I really like just how simple it is to search and upload assets. I can easily search for any image or video with ease. Never has it taken me more than 5 minutes to search and download what I need.

Uploading assets is also extremely easy and efficient. I can tag all my assets at once and can make new albums and folders with ease. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to organize their images.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues downloading large folders.

Our business has had trouble with organizing images. With Flight, we have streamlined the way we organize and store assets. No longer do we need to search through multiple Dropbox folders, server folders or hard drives to find what we need.

Canto review by <span>Jamie H.</span>
Jamie H.

"Flight by Canto Changed How we Work"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Flight is how easy it is to work with. We have been able to take assets from across the different entities of our company and for the first time it is searchable, easy to use and all in one place. Time saving is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I think the duplicate file find can be enhanced. With advance upload it doesn't yet catch all of the duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in communication with your team at Flight they keep enhancing and improving the program.

Our biggest problem solved is saving time. We used to have to look in multiple locations for assets and no longer. We also love that you can sent assets externally and with a quick link others can access what they need. File sharing is great. Another

Canto review by <span>Jeff W.</span>
Jeff W.

"FLIGHT has brought our companies DAM experience into the 21st Century"

What do you like best?

The user experience is very intuitive and navigating to find what you need takes seconds. Custom branding and narrowed portal experiences are game changers for our company. The ease of user setup and navigation from day one is no match to our previous solution.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to complain about when using FLIGHT. I would like to see a more robust brand opener page after sign in much like is seen on the custom portal landing pages.

Our company now enjoys extra time saved using this tool which before was wasted on an outdated and slow DAM tool. The branded experiences that are seen by our customers help solidify the professional experience they've entered when using FLIGHT.

Canto review by <span>Chris T.</span>
Chris T.

"Flight has been sufficient and efficient for my needs."

What do you like best?

Easy access to my company's photo/image archive. Quick search leads me to the groups of images I need.

What do you dislike?

Seems to slow down the browser the longer you search images. So I end up having to relaunch the browser, restart the search, and start scrolling all the way from the top to access the group of images I had made it to before the relaunch. Tagging photos hasn't been very intuitive. I'll tag a group after uploading, only to have them not show up in searches.

Saves our company time having our image library online and accessible by search terms and tagging photos. More efficient than having to search our image archives spread across various servers onsite.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Flight by Canto Review "

What do you like best?

Our agency researched many DAMs before deciding on Flight. We all loved the interface, features and the price tag. Not to mention, the support team has been outstanding throughout the whole process.

Flight keeps coming out with new features that allow our team to work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I would like to stack photos -- having multiple sizes in different folders makes it harder for us to organize our photos and seems redundant.

I also wish I could copy folders to other assigned folders. It'd be an easier process when setting up our DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's everything you need if you're looking for a way to streamline your digital assets without breaking the bank.

We're streamlining our digital asset workflow. Flight allows us to organize, tag and locate all of our assets. We had a surplus of photos and design files scattered on multiple platforms. Now we have a centralized place to find all assets -- with a beautiful interface. It's saved our whole team time and memory on our computers.

Canto review by <span>Petri D.</span>
Petri D.

"Amazing creative asset management system for internal and external purposes"

What do you like best?

Flight's combination of simplicity, functionality, and price are really appealing.

What do you dislike?

We haven not found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a trial, the product will sell itself.

We had files full of videos, photos, documents, and graphics, but no way of effectively organizing, tagging, sorting, and sharing that content - internally or externally - and with thousands and thousands of pieces of content, we were in desperate need of these options. We now are able to label and find content on the fly, offer up content to our partners and the media with ease, and are saving hundreds of hours that otherwise would be spent searching for and providing content to others. This product rocks.

Canto review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.

"Good easy to use D.A.M"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to Navigate and figure out

What do you dislike?

The filing system layout, I would like to be able to delete everything within 1 category without having to select each item individually. I would also like to be able to put a piece into a couple different groups at the same time. Neither is a deal breaker to me, just some thoughts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow different groupings of products that are already in other not similar groups

We needed a way get get our Pictures videos and other Digital forms of media out to many different clients that would allow them to pick and choose the pieces they wanted. Flight by Canto solved this almost perfectly.

Canto review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"Excellent photo storage and organization system! "

What do you like best?

Flight is a great way to keep your photos organized and readily available. The software makes importing and tagging photos very easy, and searching a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I wish the thumbnails would load faster, sometimes it takes a while to scroll down the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a ton of photos that are getting lost in folders upon folders, Flight is the perfect solution.

We have many events during the year, and Flight helps us to organize the photos of our clients, plus offers a great feature to share a select group of photos with them via a custom URL. It makes our lives a lot easier by having these features.

Canto review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Functional, mostly-user-friendly database for photo storage."

What do you like best?

The interface is incredibly streamlined & (mostly) user friendly. We have multiple departments who need access to our photo database, & because Flight is so streamlined, it is easy to train best-practices & maintain a clean database with little to no oversight. Being able to connect to other cloud-storage like Dropbox is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The search functionality isn't very robust, and the most difficult aspect to train people on. I would love to see an 'advanced search' function that could search multiple terms in multiple, separate fields, without those fields becoming confused, instead of having to drill down within 'search within' results multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use Flight has a photo database, & for that I think it works incredibly well. Because of the previously mentioned issues with the search functionality, I would be hesitant to implement it for something more complex (like project management), but it could work fine if you felt savvy enough.

We are a medium size org, and being able to host all our photos from all departments in one space (instead of searching across multiple physical & digital storage holds) has been incredibly helpful. It has streamlined our process & made it more efficient.

Canto review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Dependable and Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy Flight's user interface the best. It has been extremely easy for all employees in our company to quickly learn the ins and outs in a short period of time. I have received many compliments from employees spread across various departments about how much they enjoy Flight and how easy it is to use.

This has greatly increased productivity of our marketing department by allowing other employees easy access to our assets. I also love the tagging feature! Tagging our location photography with our product numbers has been a game changer!

What do you dislike?

Flight includes a feature that allows users to download high res images as 72 dpi jpg files - which is a great feature. The only downfall is that you can only do this one photo at a time. It would be nice to be able to bulk download as 72 dpi jpgs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out for your company. I encourage you to watch the tutorial videos too as you are getting started.

Productivity of the marketing department has greatly increased. Flight has allowed company employees easy access to our images. Flight's great search function and organization has allowed us to quickly access the files we need. Our old image management system was the complete opposite of Flight and very diffiult to use.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Enjoyable"

What do you like best?

File search and filter function, advanced upload.

What do you dislike?

The ability to customize the folder/file structure would be helpful. As opposed to only by Date created and Alphabetically. For example, the ability to move any folder or file to the top of the list or anywhere needed, for easier access and organization.

When clicking into a folder while the old folder hierarchy continues to stay open. It would be ideal to have a setting to turn this option off. So that whenever you open a new folder it would automatically close the other folder hierarchies so that they're no longer visible. This would be helpful to navigate the software quicker.

When adding a new tag or keyword the drop down menu always resets to the top tag or keyword. A

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support staff is kind, helpful and has great insight. The software is intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Organization

Synchronization between team members

Searching for items is easier.

Canto review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for our company needs, but could be more reliable."

What do you like best?

I like the capacity, and ability to upload most (if not all so far) file types. Quick and easy to organize, and not many issues with file searching.

What do you dislike?

50% of the time, I'm unable to use Flight through Google Chrome, which I use primarily when working. I've also had a few troubling times where I was 100% unable to access flight, whether the system was down for everyone, or a strange error page blocked all Flight actions for me. Also, the autofill for tagging a file has a pesky way of autofilling a plural form of a word and not allowing you to input the singular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if easy file sharing and large storage is needed within your company.

The ability to individually share an album, endless sorting possibilities, and quick uploading makes it great for file sharing within the organization, along with partner companies.

Canto review by <span>Kaylee W.</span>
Kaylee W.

"Canto Flight is an efficient and competitively-priced DAM solution."

What do you like best?

Canto Flight offers competitive pricing, Cloud-based storage, an intuitive interface, multi-platform access, customizable privileges, and efficient tagging/searching capabilities. The system can house any file type and allows you to: categorize assets in folders and albums, include descriptions on individual assets, link similar assets, include the same asset in multiple albums, set expiration dates, and send comments to other team members regarding assets. You can also set up lightboxes, called Collections, for a particular project or to share. It's very easy to use. Another plus is their customer service--we have had great experiences from the initial inquiry to the onboarding process, and even now we can contact our representative if we have any questions or suggestions, and we'll get a timely response.

What do you dislike?

Our only frustration is that Flight's photostream is arranged by upload date, not date taken (which would need to be pulled from the image metadata). However, we have been in contact with our Flight representative and are told that this will most likely be an option in a future release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule an interactive introductory conference call with a Flight representative to get an overview of the system, and then take some time to explore the demo version on your own. Make a list of your organization's needs and decide whether Flight is capable of meeting them.

I am part of a small in-house team at a private university, and we are currently using the system to store our photography--we have thousands of photos. Flight has made locating and sharing assets so much easier and timely.

Canto review by <span>Lisa G.</span>
Lisa G.

"Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating"

What do you like best?

Ease of search and immediate downloads is great and our users love this. Huge improvement beyond previous tool being used.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way besides a Private Portal to house assets in Flight that are restricted to just certain Pilot level users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

30 day trial was very useful. Ask lots of questions and dig deep into the help area on Flight... very broad inventory of topics that help to increase your knowledge of use. Support team is great so really use them.

Having a more immediate level of access to digital assets and providing a greater ease of use for a large number of users.

Canto review by <span>Gabrielle C.</span>
Gabrielle C.

"Great functions, regular updates and great support"

What do you like best?

We are a government organisation dealing with new migrants and refugees, and have migrated from cumulus to flight for a more flexible and cost effective digital management solutions. My experience with flight has been great, canto offers regular updates and new releases which really strengthen the functionality all the time and their partner Databasics deliver great support and customer services. .

What do you dislike?

I think the workflow functions need to be improved from a design and production point of view, we worked as a marketing and communications bureau which services the whole organization, without a proper mark-up function, it had made the collaboration a bit difficult when working with designers and copywriters.

Since introducing Flight to the organization, it has great streamlined our digital assess management process, solved the problem of large file sharing, and made collaboration with external parties a lot easier than before.

Canto review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Great tool for collaboration across individuals, departments, and more."

What do you like best?

Flight makes it possible for all of our team's creative assets to live in one easily accessible place.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks to this tool. Without clear planning and strategy, teams can easily get into trouble with duplicate uploads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start adding content to Flight, spend some time looking at the big picture. Understand what keywords, tags you would like to use. The keywords and tags can be extremely helpful to search and organization. Create a flowchart that breaks down all of the folders and albums you need to organize your content.

Flight allows our team to host all of our creative assets in one place. It allows us to easily coordinate with other teams, partners, and agencies so they have access to the content they need. It's improved our content creation strategy since we know exactly what we already have.

Canto review by <span>Kellen F.</span>
Kellen F.

"Flight does the job we need."

What do you like best?

It is an easy way for my company to store and organize photos all in one place. It's a huge help for our marketing team to easily search and find images.

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit buggy and slow to update sometimes. I also with there was also basic editing integrated into the site (ie. cropping or rotating). We don't use all of the options to upload different types of media but for the most part, the photo portion of this software is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to utilize for photo storage and organization. My company particularly is satisfied with the ability to tag photos and sort them in different albums, folders, etc.

My organization did not have a effective way to store, organize, or search for the thousands of images we have. Flight by Canto solves this problem by offering an intuitive, user-friendly, and easy solution. We mainly use Flight as a photo storage and organization platform and it has proven very effective for us.

Canto review by <span>Steven G.</span>
Steven G.

"Love the Organizational Tools"

What do you like best?

I use Flight for work at a hotel marketing company, and I love Flight's differentiation between folders and galleries, and the smart options for quickly searching and pulling images.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could quickly create and send permanent links for entire folders, instead of the requirement to create links gallery by gallery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a short learning period to get used to categories, tags and how the folder trees operate.

Our company handles marketing for 30 hotel/restaurant properties and Flight has been our solution to keeping all of our photographic and video material organized and accessible to all of team members.

Canto review by <span>Dawn F.</span>
Dawn F.

"Client access/Streamlines creative development process"

What do you like best?

Ability to accept all file types and determine user roles. We've given several of our clients access for the co-development of website and it with minimal instruction/training, they are up and running.

What do you dislike?

The system is buggy. Clicking on folders is problematic. The access to the system has been problematic internally and externally. Customer support has been good with resolving the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for the price point, but hoping updates fix bugs.

Streamlines image access and selection when concepting or doing art production. Good for our contract resources to have access to files without giving them access to internal server.

Canto review by <span>Olivia C.</span>
Olivia C.

"Flight is pretty good."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of uploading and downloading to Flight. Also, the large amount of space available is handy.I do like how the folder icons change from open to closed. Very cute!

What do you dislike?

I don't think that the UI is particularly intuitive. Specifically, the icons for making a folder or downloading a photo aren't clear. I find myself hovering over the icons a lot even thought I use this service almost every day. The masonry grid view and thumbnail view icons are also confusing. I'm not sure what the difference is between a folder and an album or why it is necessary for the distinction to exist. I'm also not sure why Flight often opens new windows for downloads. If I'm opening several files from links, it can be overwhelming to have several new windows opening all at once. This doesn't happen if I'm on the flight site in browser though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that for a cloud service it holds up pretty well against competitors.

It's easy for me to share files with my colleagues, especially those that are larger. It is very convenient to have all of our files in one central location that we can all access at any time. I make a large amount of images every week that need to be sorted in the the correct folders and Flight speeds up that process immensely, plus the sorting options help my coworkers to easily locate the images they need to use for a project.

Canto review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

"Makes Sharing Files So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to easily share files. It makes my job so much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's challenging to figure out how to use some of the features, like creating collections.

Before we had Flight, I had to store many large image files on my computer and transfer via FTA or OneDrive, which not everyone has. Flight makes it so much easier to create collections of specific products that I can easily send whenever necessary. It's great to be able to create a custom link and send that through email as opposed to being limited by mailbox limits.

Canto review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Flight Perfects Our Content Management System"

What do you like best?

Flight enables our team to manage all of our in-house assets. It's efficient, organized, and easy to use. I am thankful that we can search by any word associated with the asset as well. It makes search and shares effortless.

What do you dislike?

At first, we did not understand the difference between tags and keywords. After searching the Help portal, we found this answer to be extremely helpful: https://flight.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/9000102274-difference-between-keywords-and-tags

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend allowing several people in your company to use Flight. The tool cuts out the need for emails and meetings, making communication between teams effective and efficient.

Flight lives up to its promises as one of the best DAM tools in the industry. It provides the best process for organizing, managing, storing, and retrieving media files within our company. It's taken our content marketing to the next level!

Canto review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"A DAM good decision! SO much better than Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Flight by Canto is being able to organize, manage and share our digital assets in an efficient and streamlined way. It's as easy as searching and selecting what we want to share, creating a link and sending off. Saves so much time!

What do you dislike?

The UX can be challenging at times. It's not always as intuitive as it could be and it definitely takes getting used to. Also makes it difficult when sharing assets with an end-user that's never used the platform. However, Canto does roll out new fixes and updates so it's getting better.

We never had an organized digital asset library where our customers could access and see the breadth of everything we have available, as well as download exactly what they want, in the format and size they need it in. This was a major pain point for us until we launched Flight by Canto.

Canto review by <span>Austin S.</span>
Austin S.

"A great DAM for businesses of any size"

What do you like best?

Flight is very easy to use, especially since the last update. Many of the features are self-explanatory, and if they aren't, it's pretty easy to figure them out. Sharing is also very easy, as we can just send a link that expires at a certain time to any customer that requests them. Another great feature is that our Flight catalog syncs with Dropbox, which we use to set up the file structure and organization. This allows us to organize in a local environment, which then uploads to Dropbox, and then to Flight. Also, these syncs happen on the back-end, so you don't have to stay logged in waiting for it to finish. Another tool that we use quite often is the portal feature. This allows anyone who has access to log in and directly download any asset they need from your library. There are many options that allow you to customize how much access these end-users have, and it makes it very convenient when customers are constantly needing new product images.

What do you dislike?

Most of the big cons were fixed with the latest update, in which the user interface was greatly improved. However, there are still a few quirks that can trip you up. First off, assets are only loaded one hundred at a time. This means that if you are wanting to select all of your assets, it will only select the ones presently loaded on the screen at that time. To solve this, you simply have to scroll down until every image is loaded, and this can take forever if you have thousands of assets. The only other thing that is a little inconvenient is the coloring of some of the confirmation boxes. Sometimes they look grayed-out, or un-clickable, even though you can and should click on them to submit your action. Again, a minor thing, but it can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and see for yourself.

We have used Canto Flight for about one year, and it really has helped us tremendously in managing and sharing our image assets. The Flight staff were very helpful in helping us get familiar with the product, and are there anytime we need answers.

Overall, Canto Flight is a great product that uses a very flexible pricing method, and is a very good choice for small-medium size businesses. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and I am sure we will continue using it for years to come.

Canto review by <span>Robyn B.</span>
Robyn B.

"Great for our Independent School "

What do you like best?

Tons of storage, easy to upload in the cloud, and great costumer service. We are a K-12 school in the Bay Area with approximately 2,500 students and have been using Flight for almost 2 years. We currently have over 33,000 photos, 100 videos, and 1,000 documents stored, with over 2,000 GB (yes that's right, Gigabits) left of storage in Flight. The cloud system makes it easy for our photographers to upload photos and for us to access them without having to be on campus. Though the interface has gone through multiple changes, overall it's a pretty instinctual. Additionally, the Canto representatives have always been quick to respond with any issues that have arisen.

What do you dislike?

Canto Flight's ever-changing interface. It makes it difficult to train and then re-train less-tech savvy staff, and also makes the carefully crafted "how-to" guides quickly irrelevant. Lastly, there is quite a bit of lag time with the software.

Before using Canto Flight, we had a huge photo storage problem. Having 3 campuses with a plethora of photos being taken at events and marketing photo shoots, we needed a solution that could store a large number of photos, be accessible off-campus (our old system was uploading all of the photos to an on-campus server), and that was easy for our staff to use. Canto met all of our needs!

Canto review by <span>Gerald S.</span>
Gerald S.

"Digital Marketing Online and Email creative teams"

What do you like best?

Simple, modern, intuitive interface, we had this application up and running in very short order.

Helped us avoid double charges for Stock imagery and let's us get last minute art into the system quickly.

What do you dislike?

nothing, this product filled our need for getting images into the system and available to all our teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company to work with, I have always been able to get quick answers to any questions

Managing Stock photography usage across multiple teams. It has paid for itself with the efficiencies it has created.

Canto review by <span>Harry G.</span>
Harry G.

"A Solution For All Your DAM Needs"

What do you like best?

Their team is the best. If you have questions, they have answers. Response time to issues are addressed in timely fashion. They also seem to be ramping up the services they offer. I'm comfortable knowing that Flight is a company that will continue to grow and offer solutions that I may have need of as my company expands as well.

What do you dislike?

I would say that better communication between theirs sales team and their development team is something that needs to be a priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence. There are different types of management software. Chose wisely.

My business is a celebrity interview television show, broadcast over OTT networks as well as Apple TV, Roku, mobile apps on iOS and Android. Being able to catalogue hours of video and photo elements.

Canto review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Great experience with Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

This was a very easy program to use. Very intuitive to the needs of even those with the most basic computer skills. Loading, tagging and searching for assets is quick and easy. I would highly recommend Flight by Canto.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I am still in the implementing phase but it is very easy to use. We plan to roll-out the program to our consumer users before the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Flight by Canto.

All of our assets were scattered in several different locations. This will help us centralize everything in one easy to use location. As we continue to produce more photography and video, this will become even more essential.

Canto review by <span>Rob C.</span>
Rob C.

"Great start with Flight"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, time to implement, user interface, and cost.

What do you dislike?

Image previews are very compressed, thumbnails are cropped with no option to display full.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support we have received both working through problems, questions we had, as well as feature requests we've had has been outstanding. The system is easy to get started with. There are a few things in the UI that are not intuitive right away, but after working with it a bit you're brain starts to overcome it. Sometimes the previews can be a little slow, but not terrible - we've uploaded all of our full resolution photos (some of them over 100 megapixels for stitched panos) so those understandably take a little longer to load. The two biggest downsides in my opinion are preview image quality and thumbnail previews. The thumbnail previews crop images, so it's hard to see everything in a photo from a thumbnail, forcing you to load the full size preview. If the images are odd aspect ratios, like a horizontal logo, it crops in to the very middle of the logo and blows it up, so the thumbnail is very pixelated and cut off.

The usability and ease of use for non-technical users is awesome though. We've been talking a lot with the Flight team and I have a feeling the few short comings I've talked about above will be solved eventually. I've been nothing but pleased with the software so far.

The main reason we selected Flight over a number of others we had studied was it's ease of use, price, and interface. We wanted something that looked clean and was easy to use, otherwise we'd be fighting not only our clients but our in-house team to use. No one likes working with ugly software. Flight hit it out of the park on all three categories.

Giving the ability of others in our marketing firm to search through our photo library (and video, branding images, etc) quickly and easily. We have also rolled out portals to a couple clients cutting the need for them to ask us to find photos and email them.

Canto review by <span>Jonathan C.</span>
Jonathan C.

"A simple DAM with potential."

What do you like best?

The interface is all about the content. Other hosted DAMs I tried were very rigid on how they displayed the content. I picked it because it was easiest to understand right out of the gate. The first thing you see are the pictures, videos, or whichever you set it up to be. If I had to train someone to consume the stored materials, it would be intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that seem half-baked or good ideas that weren't finished.

The bulk uploader only works on IE 10 with an antiquated uploader (some flavor of Java no longer supported on Chrome or Firefox).

There are also some UI elements that are goofy. When you're uploading assets, the progress bar covers up the button to see details of the asset your viewing. Things like that.

The preview for videos are very poor quality. The frame rate low and the compression is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to look at what your workflow is. DAMs on a high level are supposed to be customized to simplify and automate work. With Flight, you have to adjust your workflow to it and not have extremely high aspirations of customization to YOUR workflow.

I'm solving the problem of working with designers and non-designers, employees, interns, and contractors and bringing the company's assets into one place. Making the assets available and approved in one place with it all searchable helps us be more efficient when looking for assets in our large library of custom photography and video.

Canto review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Huge library now online"

What do you like best?

The thumbnail views are terrific and allow us to feature some of our most attractive new images. Flight was easy to learn, and easy to work with - we had to ID about 30,000 photos and although this took some time, I can't think of an easier way to do this. Canto staff were always helpful and as we found features we would like, they have appeared in recent upgrades.

What do you dislike?

A more robust permission system would have been useful, but we had the ability to set up our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Flight by Canto for an on-line photo library. Next we will tackle using it for video.

The client's existing photo library fro this DMO was beyond repair, and literally thousands of photos had never been properly cataloged and identified. We now have everything in one place, easy to access, and using the portal system we are able to reserve some of the newer material for in-house use. The photo library will be useful both for media and for client staff who may not have visited many of the locations.

Canto review by <span>Philip S.</span>
Philip S.

"Great organizational DAM"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for all of our users, internal and external. Highly intuitive. Sharing and creating a process with photographers was also seamless and very helpful to our Org.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an easier way to mass export shares to common file types. IE. PSD -> JPG/PNG for more than 1 file.

Sharing assets with partners and team members. This is very easy and highly customizable. A huge win for us.

Canto review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Solid starter DAM"

What do you like best?

Flight had many of the features we were looking in a DAM, including varying user permissions and the ability to create portals for external use. The Flight staff has always been extremely helpful, answering questions and solving any issues we've had right away.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Flight is that it seems essential to set up the structure correctly right away. It's difficult to adjust the folder and album structures later on since they have different functions. It's also difficult to reconcile the library if an asset is uploaded multiple times.

We are creating a centralized home for all of our marketing materials. We love that we can share assets in many different ways - the marketing team has access to all of the assets, we can create portals for working with freelance staff and we can use the links to share things directly with individuals as they need them without cluttering up our emails and desktops.

Canto review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"My initial frustration was remedied by their support team."

What do you like best?

I like that it is constantly updating to make it more user friendly. Their support team is wonderful, and very willing to work with you directly to improve the product. They even had advice on how our company specifically could use Flight.

What do you dislike?

There could be more training involved. The webinars, and Help sections are detailed, but as someone who is learning to manage Flight for a company and then teaching others how to use it, it would be nice to receive more guidance on how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Begin organizing your assets in whatever state they are in. Do not dump everything into Flight and hope for the best. Their product is great at organization but you will have to do some dirty work before integrating your assets. Also, it was useful for us to start a list of relevant keywords and tags that regularly come up in our photos. This helped a lot when we started adding metadata to our photos.

We have an ever growing photo library, and Flight is allowing us to streamline our photo organization. The ability to restrict certain assets from users is a nice feature. The fact that it is accessible online is a huge benefit, we used to only access our files by connecting to a server.

Canto review by <span>Gary G.</span>
Gary G.

"Flight by Canto - easy to deploy, easy to use. A win for me and my client."

What do you like best?

Looked at a great many DAM options for my client before deciding on Flight. In the end Flight had the perfect combination of ease of use, cost per user and overall functionality that made them the clear winner when compared to the other options.

One of Flight's strongest attributes is that its cloud-based, thereby eliminating the need for any on-site IT support to manage the database at it grows, along with the assumption that Flight itself will continue to evolve as the product matures under Canto's stewardship.

What do you dislike?

The primary negative for my client is the monthly cost per user, which in my thinking was still considerably below other options, yet obviously more than developing an in-house alternative with no monthly per user cost. Yes, of course I understand that in that instance there are development and maintenance costs, but for whatever reason my client didn't look at the expenses the same way.

Aside from that, with regards to the operation of the Flight itself, I haven't found much not to like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a demo account, kick the tires for a while, and see if it works for you. Might be overkill for your needs, or perhaps you need a local non-cloud option, in which case Flight isn't for you - but if cloud-based is your goal, it's well worth a look.

Media management and workflow were a mess, with assets scattered across a bunch of hard drives, Dropboxes, thumb drives, etc. Surprised they weren't handing off floppy disks to each other. The inter-department communication was equally disjointed, between emails, texts, Post-Its, Slack, Trello, etc., there was never a central hub for communication.

In one fell swoop, Flight solved all those issues. Assets have their place, and related communication is on single platform for all to relevant parties to access.

Canto review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"User for 5 months"

What do you like best?

It is friendly system, I love that it tells you when files have been duplicated.

That all features are explained by signs.

That you can send to someone a link to connect and they will be able to see everything that is in that link, even when you update it.

That you can send documents directly to someone by email.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot seem to adjust the size of the tab where the name, owner and size of each file is showed, so sometimes I cant read the full name of a file.

Also that the way back to the bigger album is not easy.

That you cannot see if a file is in word or pdf, you need to open it to see, and the preview does not show much about a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy way of saving and sharing files.

We did not have a common cloud and now we can share documents with everyone in the group, without someone having to send them.

We only used our personal drives, so when sharing them with other people it was really difficult and messy, because you had to send an email to that person for them to be able to see everything. And even then the files were not orderly displayed. Now we have decided a colmmon order with everyone in the team and have a system that works for all fo us.

Canto review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Confusing to master, then work for our needs"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see all of the information in one space, and decide how you want to categorize and organize assets. I like the content quickview aspect, although it is very hard to find in the interface.

I like how I can use the flight ID to be more organized, and associate files to each other.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not intuitive at all. It seems like there are some rules that are totally unintuitive (a folder can't hold files, only an album can?), and some important features are completely hidden behind tiny UI elements that the average new user doesn't see.

We also have had a lot of problems with file names being overwritten when content is edited. The versioning software doesn't appear to be very good and we have had to go back through thousands of videos to do metadata updates, video title updates after they were written over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't the one searching for an asset management system, so I'm not sure how it stacks up against other competitors.

Storing and accessing and organizing thousands of video assets and feature art. A way to quickly connect to and organize metadata.

Canto review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Best looking and most simple DAm"

What do you like best?

I really like the layout and overall aesthetics of Flight. A lot of other Digital Asset Mangement tools are dated and the user experience is awkward to use. This is easy to pick up, as well as keep up to date and organized. This also saves me time from having to teach the rest of the team how to use Flight - as it is pretty self-explanatory and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after uploading large amounts of files, I have to refresh and come back to the site. This is a minor issue and is not that much of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely reccommend using Flight. It is an awesome tool and very reasonably priced. I spent a lot of time researching before choosing Flight and it was an easy choice!

Solving the problem of keeping a team up to date with the latest files. Benefitting from not spending too much time looking for source files and being able to start the project a lot sooner. Bulk adding keywords and descriptions is easy and saves a lot of time. I also like that it will notify me if I am trying to upload a duplicate file. The personalized look also helps to send files professionally to partners.

Canto review by <span>Janet R.</span>
Janet R.

"Good platform for non-agency users"

What do you like best?

We appreciate that with Flight's user friendly dashboard and file organization, our users don't have to be highly technical to navigate it. We found that many similar products out there are really created ad agency environments which isn't us. Portals made it easy for us to organize files and give users access/credentials to only the content the need.

What do you dislike?

There are some redundancies in some of the steps to save and update files & portals, but it seems they are being addressed. We would love a better interface to share images to social media directly from the portals.

We are a real estate management company with 30 assets across our portfolio. We needed a resource to provide access to each location's logos/imagery/floor plans that didn't eat-up our network space and that allowed us to easily control which image files should and shouldn't be utilized for marketing.

Canto review by <span>George C.</span>
George C.

"Amazing cloud based photo CMS"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the expansive technology, and the people that support this product. Flight by Canto has been indispensable to the two organizations in which I have deployed this product. It has streamlined photo management and made searching for assets a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say what I dislike. The uploading is seamless, and the file management is very straightforward. If anything, there are times - rarely - when the speed is an issue. Overall, the customer service is superb. There is a glitch with color reproduction on .pdfs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to them and absolutely avail yourself of the training and support.

We are using this software every day to assist us in supporting our advertising and print workflow. The ease of use for sharing files and photos are the main sources of excitement and use.

Canto review by <span>Heather O.</span>
Heather O.

"Flight"

What do you like best?

The ease and search-ability of images that can be placed in buckets

What do you dislike?

Initially when I begin using this, I had a little bit of confusion with icons when trying to download images- I know its a minor feature but the more straightforward products can be the better, especially being a very visual individual.

Moving large amounts of images over from a server space to Flight, allowed for easier, quicker access to files

Canto review by <span>David J.</span>
David J.

"Really DAM nice digital asset management solution!"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize our digital assets with albums and have the ability to filter, sort, and search makes it easier to find the files we're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Being cloud-based scares me a bit since we have several terabytes of data, but so far access to the data is great.

We can access Flight from mobile devices, which comes in handy during off-site meetings. The ability to add Metadata and Custom Fields to further organize the files is outstanding. Being that we are a supplier of generic hard goods, the ability to create branded portals is essential for that "Whitebox" experience for our distribution customers who want to use our assets with their customers.

Canto review by <span>Matt J.</span>
Matt J.

"Smooth and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Really great DAM site that keeps our servers from being cluttered.

What do you dislike?

Took a while to get direct image URL's. Now that it is available, it makes it MUCH easier to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're great to work with!

Having an easy to use digital asset manager! We previously just used Weebly and it became slow very quickly when adding lots of images.

Canto review by <span>Derek C.</span>
Derek C.

"Affordable DAM option that is easy to get started with. "

What do you like best?

The affordability and the tagging options for each asset that make it very easy to search for anything.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality is quirky, but easy to get used to.

We historically kept our assets in dropbox so it was hard to distribute those assets company wide. Flight made it possible to share our assets in a n intuitive way.

Canto review by <span>Ashley L.</span>
Ashley L.

"A simple, clean interface"

What do you like best?

Canto offers a clean, easy, intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

As everyone knows, the heavy lifting of any digital asset manager is in the setup of the product--luckily we had a plan and good partners.

Canto provides the ability to create time-gated public links, making it simple and secure to share content with partners and vendors. No more FTP sites!

Canto review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Game Changer for Teams"

What do you like best?

Flight has been instrumental in organizing all our assets so that our communication team and our sales force can find marketing materials, PowerPoints, videos and photos in minutes. It is such a huge leap from a clunky intranet site to the simple interface.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI experience like icons, where buttons are on the site could be improved.

Sharing assets in a simple and easy manner, keeping assets accurate because of better visibility, working better with teams, sharing across multiple platforms in multiple languages, organization, communication.

Canto review by <span>Stephanie C.</span>
Stephanie C.

"Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, well organized, many capabilities and features

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Flight. The only thing would be that there is a learning curve to figure out all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Being more organized and keeping file assets in a centralized location; being able to easily share files with external parties

Canto review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Fast, easy and convenient "

What do you like best?

Flight by Canto makes storing, organizing, and sharing pictures, videos, and documents fast and easy. I love the folder/album structure, diverse sharing options, the tagging & search feature, and all the hidden tools I am constantly discovering..

What do you dislike?

After using Flight by Canto to upload, share, and organize assets for almost 6 months, the only thing I came across that I dislike is the download feature that zips files instead of downloading them individually.

Have not come across any business problems yet, but have used Flight by Canto support to answer multiple questions.

Canto review by Executive Sponsor in Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Real Estate

"First venture into DAM territory"

What do you like best?

Universal, cross-platform access, ability to create portals, md5 checksum-based duplicate stopping.

What do you dislike?

bulk uploader extraordinarily difficult to get working over office firewall and on chrome. HIGHLY recommend making this a web interface.

cannot bulk-set tags when uploading folders

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not an Enterprise-grade solution, but it's light-years ahead of the alternative you might be using - dropbox, intranet storage, or even physical backup drives. Even specialist services like Egnyte are close, but well behind in terms of control and management.

Well suited to small teams with a large, distributed clientele, different silo'ed departments requiring common resources, and companies working with lots of agencies and marketing teams.

mac vs pc access issues on internal networks; internal users and external 3rd party agencies different access levels; tracking outdated content

Canto review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"major help with accessibility, very streamlined form of asset management "

What do you like best?

the tagging system allows for easy search-ability. folders and albums allow for organization efficiency. the plug-in with In-Design makes it possible to easily connect documents and files with flight.

What do you dislike?

the way that tags are done could be streamlined so that users could "apply all" to certain assets rather than retyping the tags over again. another option to highlight images that you would like to go back in look at could be useful (there is something like this currently, however, the assets are all in a giant folder and you cannot make further distinctions between files)

Digital assets are streamlined across the company so we are not running into issues with one image being used on a document and another image being used on that document at a later time.

Canto review by <span>Brandi C.</span>
Brandi C.

"Great way to organize assets"

What do you like best?

The number one feature that really works for me is the shareability of albums. If I need to share photos with someone outside of the company Flight makes it really easy with shareable links. I also like the ability to add tags and keywords to photos and documents. It allows easy searching.

What do you dislike?

The sidebar, where all my albums and folders live, isn't super user-friendly and at times even glitchy.

Being able to sort, filter and otherwise manage our assets has really saved us time and made us more effecient.

Canto review by Agency in Retail
Agency in Retail

"Fantastic product for small to large teams!"

What do you like best?

Flight allows an awesome ability for store and share images and template files.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we have found since our team has implemented the use of Flight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a design team. It is wonderfully visual and efficient when it comes searching our database of images.

We needed a cloud based application that our team could store our purchased files. We were spending $8k-$12K per year on stock credits. Our goal was to decrease the purchasing of stock images and utilize what we had in our current database. Our images, templates, and vendor logos were on the server which did not allow quick transferring as well as quick visual thumbnails. On the server we could not easily sort images based on keyword. Finding images was very difficult. After we utilized the application we began to use it for storing templates and logos we use on a everyday cadence as well. We have been sharing images with the marketing team to approve before use. A huge advantage to this application is the ability to search by keywords and create folder structures within the program.

Canto review by <span>Hannah R.</span>
Hannah R.

"Great UI"

What do you like best?

The UI was really modern and streamlined. Having image identification upon upload to prevent duplicates was also a great feature. Looked easy to organize and configure.

What do you dislike?

The permissions were limited for a company my size (150+ users). Would be great for a smaller team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My considerations were:

> permissions / ease of use to modify and add users (okta integration)

> open key API

> AWS

> Ability to identify duplicates

> Ability to modify tagging / meta data / search intensity

> Ability to search text on images

> Ability to group same image sets together to surface when finding one of a group

> Collaboration with other member accounts to approve/deny image options

Trying to solve more of the barrier to entry with a DAM system. Staff is accustomed to file sharing through google or slack -- and having them refocus to a single depository is a challenge.

Canto review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Does the basics well but some easy to add features makes for frustrating workarounds"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop interface and the ease of setting up portals and adding customizations (portals, fields, color schemes).

Integrations with Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

The lack of reporting features, like not being able to see an index of the content and associated metadata in a spreadsheet.

The ability to make minor changes, like metadata changes, if your session has timeout. It is unclear if your change was actually made.

Not being able to relate or associate assets. For example if I have a video and a custom thumbnail image for that video, they are two separate assets that I would need to group together organizationally since i cant relate in the metadata. Makes dealing with thousands of videos difficult.

Not having a multi-select custom metadata field type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The majority of my issues are small changes that would make a world of difference. While this means they are on the easier side to implement it also is incredibly frustrating the longer you have to make workarounds.

It does the basics very well. My use case is for a video focused product and it handles the upload and download fairly well (except in the case of .mov's).The ability to relate assets is a huge missing feature in my opinion.

We have utilized the commenting functionality to create workflows and process both internally and with external partners which has been a benefit.

Asset management system for a mobile application dealing with streaming video.

Canto review by <span>Kona G.</span>
Kona G.

"An easy, visually appealing Digital Asset Management System"

What do you like best?

Flight has been incredibly easy to use. It's provided a centralized location to store photos and other collateral for our website redesign. I've been able to give our partners access so we don't have to worry about sharing outdated files or emailing back and forth a million times.

What do you dislike?

I ran into an issue where a photo had an incorrect copyright in the metadata that I wasn't able to edit in Flight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super cost-effective. I love the flexibility in the packages that you can get.

We now have a centralized location to store items for a large-scale project with multiple outside partners. Everyone can work in real-time, without waiting for email replies.

Canto review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Flight Experience"

What do you like best?

Flight is fairly inexpensive, and they give educational discounts. I love that my photographers can upload remotely. Drag & Drop makes things easy to upload. Metadata travels with files, and tags can be searched.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly. For instance, to simply 'select all' in a folder, you have to scroll to the bottom of all the files. However, only one page worth of files loads at a time, so it takes a minute or two to scroll completely down, then select, then import/add metadata, THEN you have to deselect to do anything else. It's just not set up easy....I also can't add the photographer's name to files, I can't rename files, I can't rate photos (to edit). This means I have to download all the files (takes ages with RAWS), then rename/add metadata, edit the photos, then reupload them to Flight (after deleting all the originals which means scrolling FOREVER). Sharing is also not easy...I work with raws, and I should be able to share different file types but not with Flight. You can only share that file type (they don't convert shared files to jpg). Again, I have to download, convert to jpg, reupload then send out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe they will start adding more features as they go. This is great for people wanting to simply store images, but not for editors that need a little more hands-on activity.

I need to be able to search files easily and have student workers tag photos with metadata. I need photos to be approved by uppper management and be able to easily share photos.

Canto review by <span>Edna G.</span>
Edna G.

"flight experience"

What do you like best?

the fact that i can order every documment in the asiest way so i can find it later or someone else

What do you dislike?

nothing at all, i had an issue with private stuff but they fixed it

to put all the group´s info in one spot so everybody can look for it

Canto review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Excellent Secure Cloud-based DAM"

What do you like best?

With over 150,000 assets in our DAM, I can easily search and find anything!

What do you dislike?

I would personally like to be able to use Flight for more working files. This would require a way to sync certain folders/albums with my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many entities scattered across the world and need a central place to collaborate, look no further.

With many old photos and videos that we are digitizing and the many other assets we generate, this gives us a centralized location to share with everyone!

Canto review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Simple, easy to use interface for storing and accessing assets."

What do you like best?

I like the easy to click icons on the top of the page that navigate the user through the assets.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have not yet come across anything I dislike. As I use it more, I am sure there will be things that may come up.

Being an international company, we have assets store locally all around the globe. Sometimes we have issues accessing images from other business units/location. This on-line repository allows us to post and access assets from anywhere, any time.

Canto review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great for searching and tagging. Bad UI and upload speeds."

What do you like best?

Tagging and search features make it easy for team member to find items. User permissions are great and very detailed.

What do you dislike?

Upload speeds and user interface are terrible. Price is extremely high for amount of storage given.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you need to let team search for items, permissions and security features are great. Not good for storing large files.

Centralizing media and making it easy to share items. Videos uploaded to Flight are able to be played by all employees even without an account.

Canto review by <span>Will V.</span>
Will V.

"Young product with potential"

What do you like best?

Setup is very easy, pricing is straightforward. Pretty good for sharing assets with external people. The interface looks pretty elegant. Seems good for small agencies and organizations, probably not a great solution for lager organizations.

What do you dislike?

Although the interface looks elegant, it's not as easy to use or intuitive as it could be. I've also noticed quirks when using it with a very large browser window (AJAX loading of additional thumbnails doesn't happen, because the browser is too large to scroll with the initial batch of thumbnails).

Tagged, searchable repository of photographs and other assets, sharing of assets with select groups of people inside and outside organization.

Canto review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

"Great tool for organizing images "

What do you like best?

The ability to organize our images and tag in one central location. Powerful search abilities and good versioning control.

What do you dislike?

Takes time to setup and figure out best way to implement for organization's purposes.

Freeing up space on our servers, making media easily accessible and shareable from anywhere.

Canto review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Great tool for archiving and colaboration"

What do you like best?

The best part about Flight is the easy to use visual interface. I've looked at other content management programs in the past that are hard to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. I wish it had more integration with marketing software like Watson, and Sales Force.

We are archiving a massive amount of content for later use. The keyword tagging allows us to find content by topics quickly. We also use it as a way to share content among the groups in our company.

Canto review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Making decentralized content centralized for the better"

What do you like best?

I like that Canto Flight allows for streamlined, organized DAM. Coming from using other services to manage assets, this was a huge breath of fresh air! The same feeling you get after cleaning and organizing!

What do you dislike?

I do not like the export features and how there aren't pre-established social media resolution presets that work well. Maybe, also making the folders more user friendly would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are solving bridging the content pool gap between out creative team and the rest of our company.

Canto review by Consultant

"Wow, that was easy!"

What do you like best?

I recently deployed Flight for a client, and the ease in configuring it to their needs combined with the minimal learning curve to get them up to speed on using it, was simply amazing. I scouted a dozen different options, from custom solutions, to locally served options, to cloud offerings like Flight, and in the end, nothin could touch flight for overall ease of use and depth of feature set.

What do you dislike?

The cost per user was higher than my client would've liked, but as they've used it for a month or two now and gotten to see how it simplified their workflow, the initial sticker shock has abated significantly.

My client had a workflow issue between taking product photos, retouching them, approving them, and adding them to their website. This was previously handedly in a clumsy cobbled together array of spreadsheets, random emails, Dropbox, Google drive and more fringe services than I can even remember.

Flight unifies the entire workflow, and allows everybody to be on the same page as images go through the process.

Canto review by Executive Sponsor in Publishing
Executive Sponsor in Publishing

"Difficult learning curve"

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to control what a particular 'audience' sees -- customers, public, media, etc. This is achieved through use of albums and portals.

What do you dislike?

As the advanced reviewer for our group, my job was to evaluate how our team of editors and authors would utilize the site as part of our collaboration tool set. A strong DAM with ability to easily process, 'tag', and search would be incredibly helpful for us.

As a technical user (I love the details, but am also watching for how other users would use this tool) I was able to upload an existing set of images into a demo account, but was unable to succeed at creating albums and portals. Now, I'm sure that in time and with training this could be overcome, but viewing this process from the vantage point of the remainder of our team they would simply hit a wall and stop using the tool. I was concerned that with 10-15 active users my day would be fully spent providing technical support and training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Flight could be an effective tool with adequate training. Based on my trial experience, this might mean implementation with a small core team that can tolerate the unfamiliar and brick walls. With this teams eventual success, the product may be able to achieve acceptance by the broader team.

We are seeking to improve collaboration among remote team members, and to have all appropriate assets available to the team in one location as contrasted with existing silos of assets.

Canto review by <span>Uruba N.</span>
Uruba N.

"Great Collaboration App!"

What do you like best?

It is an easy and safe way to share important documents with team members. You are able to track who has seen it as well as downloads and other reporting. You are able to collaborate with your team in a seamless fashion and keep your conversations secure. It can handle any type of media file and arrange them for you as well.

What do you dislike?

The controls take a little time to learn and get a handle on. Once you are aware of all the buttons it works smoother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for housing digital content and collaborating on multiple projects

We needed a platform to house our digital content as we prepare new material for our ongoing projects. We are able to keep our digital property organized and collaborate with our team on multiple projects in one designated place.

Canto review by <span>Julie M.</span>
Julie M.

"Decent DAM for small organizations"

What do you like best?

We researched a number of DAMS before choosing Flight, but all of them seemed too focused on how large businesses might need to manage their assets. They were feature rich, but these features came with a price tag. As a small non-profit, we didn't want to pay for features we didn't need. Flight felt like a nice middle ground allowing us to keep track of our images and other assets, without having to pay a huge annual fee. Plus, having everything on the cloud is essential for us as many of our workers and freelancers don't work out of one office.

What do you dislike?

While Flight is a not a full bells and whistles service, there are some features that I wished it did better. Specifically, I am disappointed that I can't do granular searches in specific fields. We are getting around this in the way we catalogue, but it's a feature that I hope they improve on in future developments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really play around in the Trial version--add assets, organize them, search for them. This will let you determine if this software is a good fit for you or not.

One of the biggest reasons we needed a DAM was to organize all the images we have. They had previously been stored on Google Drive, and we had problems finding images, and keeping track of duplicates and alternate versions. In addition, Google Drive didn't let us keep any identifying information on the image such as photographer, image rights, or description. We are able to manage all of this in Flight.

Canto review by <span>James S.</span>
James S.

"Great File Storage Tool"

What do you like best?

Tags system to find different files even if you don't have the correct file name.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could batch name photos in a folder.

Allows us to store photos/videos elsewhere freeing server speed and space.

Canto review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

"Flight provides an easy to use plug and play digital asset library of images."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and international access to a shared database of thousands of image for our non profit based in Dallas, TX working in Lusaka, Zambia. We tested the speed at 30% faster than Dropbox and the space saved on individual computers versus Dropbox sync. keeps our systems going. As a non profit, the scalable cost fits us in a way an enterprise solution would not. Finally, the technical support and training staff are friendly, helpful and excellent.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Again, our needs will never rise to the enterprise level but, should that happen, Canto offers a product for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a low cost probe and use the free trial.

One-step access. Keyword and tag satiability. Speed. And all this at an affordable price furor non profit.

Canto review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Good for the price"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to organize digital assets in a way that makes sense for my employer.

What do you dislike?

I frequently get a "debug script" error and have to refresh the screen fairly often.

Some of the onscreen controls (arrows to arrow down or to the next screen) are in places that don't make sense.

When I share visual content with someone, they can't view the photo usage/copyright info on each individual image, which defeats the purpose of keeping track of copyright information.

Tagging, keywording and separating images into folders has made it much easier than before to locate images for specific projects.

Canto review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Flight!"

What do you like best?

Very functional and very easy to use, share and organize, just as advertised.

What do you dislike?

One little annoying bug, where you are unable to select a different folder if you have anything selected in the active folder. A tiny detail but it can slow down a workflow dramatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes an incredible difference thanks to how easy it is to share, and control content.

Easy to control what media is shareable and what is archived.

Canto review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"Unbelievably user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Flight by Canto is so intuitive, I was able to use it instantly without a second of training. Drag and drop uploading, easy sharing, it's really a remarkable product!

What do you dislike?

I would love it if there was an app for iPhone. I understand that is planned but I really would like it now!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate. I evaluated many different options and Flight is head and shoulders above them. Nothing that I considered compared. And it's a great value.

Sharing both within the organization and externally has been enhanced greatly. It's a huge improvement over the method that we were using before.

Canto review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great for organizing"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to store and organize files as well as being able to quickly share them with others without requiring passwords.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches when trying to share a link. You have to clear cookies from time to time or it doesn't work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for storing and sharing photos!

This is a great place to keep all our photos and documents where many employees can access as well as share with clients. It helps organize the many files we have which is very helpful.

Canto review by <span>Kate B.</span>
Kate B.

"Easy to organize!"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to upload and organize photos. The tagging feature is also super useful for finding photos later.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to download images- in my opinion, it takes too many clicks, but others don't seem to mind as much. It also has a bit of a clunky look, but that's definitely not a deal breaker.

It's really helped with our photo storage issues!

Canto review by <span>James S.</span>
James S.

"Canto Review"

What do you like best?

Easy access to relevant marketing/creative assets.

What do you dislike?

Don't like not having access to certain features. It'd be nice to have ability to request permissions rights to administrator from interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will save you a lot of time looking for marketing assets. Won't have to recreate them.

Quick and easy access to PowerPoint, PDF assets for reuse in marketing presentations/campaigns.

Canto review by <span>Shelly T.</span>
Shelly T.

"Best DAM"

What do you like best?

Completely web-based. It can be used on any device. Intelligently designed. Easy to use. WordPress and InDesign integration.

What do you dislike?

As with all DAM software, setup and maintenance takes time. Interns did most of the work setting up the library of assets which I am grateful for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask interns to help with tagging assets when building your library.

Editorial team can easily find creative team's assets. Amount of images used on our website has increased.

Canto review by <span>Heather C.</span>
Heather C.

"Pretty good!"

What do you like best?

Not overly complicated, really enjoy the simple design and simplicity.

What do you dislike?

Load times are a little slow. The wordpress plugin doesn't seem to work well which was a selling point for us. The keyword and tagging system could benefit from clearer distinction. Moving files, and folders could be a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing customer service. Awesome, simple system.

We are using Flight as a long term solution to store and structure all of our imagery. Key benefits have been that our files are more organized and easier to find.

Canto review by <span>Craig G.</span>
Craig G.

"Flight by Canto - The best way to store and share your digital assets"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup, the ability to create portals for clients, multiple methods of sharing the assets, the ability to create versions of assets. Comments and communication within the application are both quick and easy.

Intuitive interface.

Smart albums

Easy tagging.

Continuous improvements and updates - they really listen to their users

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no brainer. Just do it

Multiple versions of the same asset are no longer created. The dreaded shared drive has been eliminated

Canto review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

When using Flight I really liked the UI design. It was very clean and you could customize it pretty well. Visually it worked pretty well.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like how far you had to dive into it to find what you needed. It was also hard to prioritize and set security on certain folders without just giving people free reign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care about how the interface looks when sending files to maybe high level clients that this may be more useful to you than just the basic file sharing programs out there.

Online file sharing/ collaboration/ file transfer.

Canto review by <span>Bill M.</span>
Bill M.

"Good product for Cloud DAM"

What do you like best?

I waited until the product included a plugin for InDesign integration. The plugin is working as advertised, so I'm happy.

What do you dislike?

The web interface (where you spend most of your time) is a bit sluggish. Also missing some auto-refresh features after new assets are uploaded. The additional information pane for each asset is not fast to navigate through...e.g. it's missing an "escape key" exit feature for modals.

Our organization is doing away with network storage, so the marketing team needed to find a right-sized solution for our collateral development, and sharing of assets across the organization.

Canto review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Flight is fast, efficient and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of accessing the information: the searching, uploading and navigation is seamless. It is easy to share content and allow others to upload items. This makes my job much easier and saves me time.

What do you dislike?

I think the albums v. folder structure is a little confusing.

We were looking for a way to organize and access our digital photos and files. We had used another digital asset management system that was slow and awkward with its navigation leaving users frustrated.

Canto review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Intuitive straightforward software for small team "

What do you like best?

Flight works very well in providing access to all of our team from anywhere. The interface is fluid and intuitive. We currently have over 40,000 assets (mostly photos) in our catalog and it makes finding and sharing files a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The only negatives we have ran into is migrating from another archive system. Bulk uploading is tricky with advanced uploader since it relies on network speed and stability for a long period of time.

The best thing is easy quick access for a variety of different types of users with different permissions. We have used the Dropbox integration to simplify workflow.

Canto review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Flight makes it easy to share photos/videos with anyone, even non-Flight users. In this way it not only allows everyone to get on the same page regarding what photos your'e referring to, but also functions as a file-sharing utility!

What do you dislike?

The organizing structure isn't intuitive (too easy to get lost in sub-folders), and suggestions would be helpful (list of tags, etc)

Far easier to come to agreement on what photos to use for company website, advertisements, award submissions ... etc etc

Canto review by Agency in Market Research
Agency in Market Research

"Its a pity that it does not have the option of individualized access to some data fields."

What do you like best?

The Option to add data fields such as texts fields for title / text in various languages. We have a Journalist data base providing Pictures to journalists in 15 countries. Therefore, we want to upload pics only once, but to add the filename / title / captions and categories to each Picture in 15 languages.

What do you dislike?

its a pity that it is not possible to individualize the access to the new data fields. We want to give the 15 agencies we are working with the Option to add texts / titles etc. in their language, but not giving them Access to the other languages. Currently, this is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Giving individual access to the admin parts.

See above.

Canto review by <span>Cathy-Ann B.</span>
Cathy-Ann B.

"Review of Canto Flight Digital Asset Management Portal"

What do you like best?

Ease of upload of assets, sharing capability

What do you dislike?

Initial screen shows all of the assets at once, can be daunting for a first time user.

Trying to share information across the Sagicor group and working more efficiently together

Canto review by <span>Kent F.</span>
Kent F.

"Nearly perfect photo app for brands"

What do you like best?

The interface and search features are the best. Being able to find a picture from years ago in a few seconds is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way that I was able to invite other people (not in the company or org) to add pictures in an easy way. We are still looking for a solution to that problem.

Organizing and cataloging all of the content we get from our users.

Canto review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Pretty, but expensive for what it is"

What do you like best?

Easy, shareable, visually pleasing; easy to share single links to multiple platforms, like that the privacy is customizable

What do you dislike?

wish it had customizable skin, albums were easier to create, difference between folders and albums is limiting - wish it was just one thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

Sharing among different departments.

Canto review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Somehow troublesome"

What do you like best?

That I can tag the things that I upload and that makes it easier to locate them later on.

What do you dislike?

That it is sometimes real slow and that it logs me off after a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have a clear view of what the outlook of your files will be, play with it.

We are creating a digital file system with it and we have expedited our file consulting processes.

Canto review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Streamlined but Lacking"

What do you like best?

The color scheme and font choices are easy on the eyes.

What do you dislike?

My uploaded images simply disappear. I'm not certain why, since I've tried a few different times with different settings.

So far, no problems have been solved using Flight, which is unfortunate, as it seems like a lovely program.

Canto review by User

"Great photo platform"

What do you like best?

This is a great platform for storing photos and other media. Great tagging and organization. Haven’t used ignition for UGC, so it may not be for everyone. It’s awesome if you produce your own content

What do you dislike?

UGC features are limited, photo download process too invasive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N

Great photo organization

Canto review by <span>Ashleigh H.</span>
Ashleigh H.

"Review of Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

great user interface and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I disliked about the system. when compared to some other systems available, this was by far the best one we tested to use at our organization.

We are solving an image management problem that we currently have at our organization. This will better help us to centralize our files and keep track of the images we receive for use.

Canto review by <span>Anna C.</span>
Anna C.

"User friendly and robust."

What do you like best?

I am a new user to Flight, but I'm finding it to be a user friendly and robust tool. We use it to manager our photo storage and it has been great so far!

What do you dislike?

I'm too new - no dislike features yet. ff

We needed a place to store photos that was searchable, organized and accessible to multiple parties. So far Flight has met all of those needs.

Canto review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Canto Flight"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and very easy to use, great features to share assets. It is cloud based so can be accessed from everywhere. Great support from the Canto team.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options to customize the page and was available in iPhones/mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and service.

We are using it as a knowledge management system; helping employees find relevant information/knowledge when they need them.

Learn more about Canto

Canto Videos

Learning about Canto?

* We monitor all Canto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.