There are so many things we love about Canto. We had no system for organizing our assets before, and this has been the perfect solution for us so far. I'll do my best to list all our favorite features:
- The user interface is clean and attractive. All the assets we have are easy to identify at a glance. I particularly like the masonry grid view, which not every DAM we looked at had.
- Assets can be organized in multiple albums without being duplicated.
- Canto identifies duplicates when you upload assets, and you can choose what you'd like it to do with them.
- It is very easy to search or browse and find the exact thing you need. As long as you are diligent about adding tags, keywords, and so on, you will be able to find things easily. You can narrow down search results by searching within them or by using filters. There are just so many ways to search for or browse the assets.
- We can request files from our customers using upload links.
- We can easily share files with our customers using share links, and we can put specific permissions or expiration dates on those links to protect brand integrity.
If you are a small to mid-size organization or a small team within a large enterprise, this is going to be a great solution for you. It's affordable and meets all of the requirements we had without being too overwhelming.
We did not have a system in place to organize our assets before Canto. Our files lived in several different places, and if we were looking for an asset to use for a social media campaign, for example, it could take a lot of time and effort to find. We knew we probably had assets that would be perfect, but we didn't always know where they were. Canto has solved that problem, and it has helped us become more efficient in many other ways we didn't foresee. Our design team uses it as a way to collaborate and to share completed assets with the rest of the team. We share files with our customers using expiring download links. And I particularly love the drag and drop tool for publishing assets to our blog and social media.