G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding ūüöÄ
Canto

Canto

Canto's digital asset management technologies enable organizations to manage digital content.

Work for Canto?

Canto review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.
View Original

"Canto to the Rescue"

What do you like best?

Canto has helped organize all of our digital assets in one convenient place that internal and external stakeholders can easily access. A simple upload process allows for less time spent on adding new assets to the tool and more time focusing on the more important aspects of my job.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to try and pinpoint noticeable negatives to this tool. It does everything I need it to do. If there was one thing that I could add to this tool it would be additional branding customization. There are current features that allow for this but taking it a step further would be ideal.

We have used this tool for over a year now and have found it to be a noticeable upgrade from the DAM tool we were using previously. All of the feedback that has come in from internal and external users has been overwhelmingly positive. The organization the Canto provides to our digital assets has saved our company countless hours that have been better spent elsewhere.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Canto
Canto review by Jared W.
Jared W.

"Stepped Up Our DAM Game"

What do you like best?

We had been using a simplified asset management system, but realized we needed something more robust. Canto was able to deliver what we needed. We needed something that was easy to use, had the ability to add many users for internal access as well as the ability to share externally, and needed very good cataloging/search tools. It does all that and much more. Canto has been great for us as we now have all of our media assets in one place.

What do you dislike?

Mass uploading and going back in to organize + tag can be time consuming at the beginning. Also pricing was a big step up for us, but as we realized when your library gets big enough it is a necessity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large library, be prepared for a significant amount of work initially when you first upload. There is a lot of organizing & tagging that needs to be done to get setup right. After that initial 'hump' it becomes easy to organize & tag as you go.

We're able to have all of our assets in one area and can be accessed both internally/externally. The ability to organize, tag, and search has sped up the process of searching for specific types of images or media.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Canto review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Canto is an Efficient + Visual DAM System"

What do you like best?

First off, their customer service is amazing. I have a direct contact with someone at Canto and it's a breeze to get help with anything that comes up. Including questions that I have while I was discovering and learning the system.

Our company needed a DAM system that was advanced. We needed it to be visual, intuitive for the users and have detailed meta data, and info attached to the assets. Canto does it all plus so much more! Some of the best qualities about Canto are its visual set up, UX, meta tags, search capabilities and organization.

We are extremely pleased with the system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the bulk uploader app. I thought it would save me time, but in the end everything got uploaded at once so I've had to go back and add all the tags, descriptions and information to the files. In retrospect I would have uploaded it in batches so I could add all the info at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be organized in your initial set up, it will make a huge difference.

B2B sharing, asset organization, internal asset sharing. It has helped our company be more organized with our content.

Canto review by Gio W.
Gio W.

"A "DAM" good decision! So much better than Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The best part about Canto, for us, is the Portals feature. They're perfect for us to provide individual dealers with the authorized assets they need, while keeping our internal non-client ready assets separate. We also love the self registration feature which allows us to control who is able to gain access through an invitation code.

What do you dislike?

The UX is not always intuitive for new users. It's unique from other similar products, so there can be a learning curve for the less savvy. Our customers are less technologically inclined, and don't always understand how to do the basics. it takes some training to catch them up to speed, but afterwards, they're usually able to fend for themselves.

Canto has really helped our business with the management and dissemination of digital assets. This had long been a pain point for us. I researched a lot of DAMs on the market but couldn't justify most of their pricing. Canto accomplishes what we need at a great value. While the UX can sometimes be a little challenging, I've seen continuous improvement since signing with them, which tells me they're listening and investing in their product.

Canto review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Canto for the Win!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can mass upload thousands of files at once with tags and meta data, and then once they are uploaded type in just a single word and find all files needed. Canto has really simplified file finding. It is super easy to set files as pending or approved so that only the right eyes are able to view and approve files that can then be available for the entire team to access. The mass upload app works like a dream and you can basically upload your entire server all at once if you need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the navigation on the left side of the site, it feels a little clunky for the streamlined look of the website, but it isn't really necessary to use it when there is the ease of typing in a keyword and getting exactly what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the free trial period Canto provides before signing up. Upfront you may feel overwhelmed with the setup of tagging files and adding meta data, but once you put in a little time, you will see the huge benefits.

We are solving the problem of wasted time looking for flies. What used to take 10 minutes can now be done in seconds. The benefit of putting time in upfront to name and tag everything appropriately helps sort through 1000s and 1000s of files when you need them at the click of a mouse.

Canto review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Canto after 2 + years"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, time to implement, user interface, and cost. Constant updates. Support team is also great.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a little more customization in client portals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support we have received both working through problems, questions we had, as well as feature requests we've had has been outstanding. The system is easy to get started with.

The Canto team has been very supportive and have addressed every issue that we've brought up. Some of my early complaints were addressed in software updates, which regularly improve on features and functionality.

The main reason we selected Canto over a number of others we had studied was it's ease of use, price, and interface. We wanted something that looked clean and was easy to use, otherwise we'd be fighting not only our clients but our in-house team to use. No one likes working with ugly software. Canto hit it out of the park on all three categories.

Giving the ability of others in our marketing firm to search through our photo library (and video, branding images, etc) quickly and easily. We have also rolled out portals to a clients cutting the need for them to ask us to find photos and email them.

Canto review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Canto has saved me countless hours. I am keeping up on keeping detailed tags, so I knew I will be able to locate that file easily for years. It takes the stress out of trying to remember where things were put.

What do you dislike?

The functionality is a little hard to get used to. It took a learning curve to get used to how the files were organized but it wasn't too hard to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has already saved me countless hours!! Instead of searching the a non-searchable server for hours, I can immediately search and find exactly what I need. Where time is money, it is tremendous help to a business.

The business benefits to this is saving me so much time. Instead of searching on a server for hours for a file from three years ago, I am able to locate it immediately and move on with my work.

Canto review by Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.

"Canto Is great for every type of company "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate the platform. The layout is easy to use and the way Canto allows you to tag, name and categorize each item makes finding anything you need a breeze!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could save and edit actual file types instead of just images, however, I still don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for all types of companies, especially because we all send and share files. It cuts down on time when looking for a file or trying to send the right one to someone or even waiting for someone to send you one. You can just go into Canto and find it.

Our sales reps no longer have to go through different channels and people to find the media they need such as logos, pamphlets, infographics and so on.

Canto review by Chase M.
Chase M.

"Canto is Constantly Improving!"

What do you like best?

My favorite things about Canto are:

-Tagging. Our company has loved the unlimited amount of tags we can apply to photos to improve our ability to search project photos.

-Sharing Photos Through Link Generation. I love being able to select whatever photos I want to share, generate a link, and then send to a coworker/client for easy download

What do you dislike?

We've had trouble with certain albums being unable to download. We're not sure why this is the case but feel like it is a problem that can be fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all assets uploaded and sorted before trying to implement within the company.

For our business, we often want to share a portfolio of projects that are relevant to them. Canto allows us to customize the perfect portfolio and easily share it with them via a generated link, email, etc.

Canto review by Chad K.
Chad K.

"Great value for the cost"

What do you like best?

I like Canto's clean interface and customizable skins. We have different organizations within the company, and it's nice having branded portals for each. We also found Canto to be a good value for the overall cost in comparison with competitors.

What do you dislike?

Overall it does the job nicely. I would like a few more user settings/options to customize the experience even more. There is a procedure for logging feature requests, and Canto reviews to determine if they are viable.

The main problem we have overcome is me having to field photography requests from the company using my own computer. That in itself has been a huge time saver. The other main benefit is having a searchable database. I am the principle photographer, and have been shooting for our company since 2001, so you can imagine the size of the database.

Canto review by Shane O.
Shane O.

"Canto - The Best to help support your company's brand"

What do you like best?

Canto is the best at helping you set up any company's brand and marketing material. Canto, as a product and service, helps you achieve all your department's goals. Canto's people help you along the way to developing the best marketing library. Canto wants your company's brand to succeed.

What do you dislike?

I would love for Canto to develop a way to format imagery to be used on social media platforms (Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canto is a great product for your company's brand. It allows you to achieve your company's goals and help develop synergies with the rest of the company. The product is easy to use and helps your company's marketing department.

Ease of sending out files to other departments, nationally. Simple use and helping assist in the company's marketing goals.

Canto review by Carijean B.
Carijean B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like Flight because it's intuitive and easy to use. We have a wide range of staff from computer savvy to non and everyone has been able to understand and use Flight successfully. It is also the perfect first step into the world of DAMs. All of our photos were stored on our server with little organization. Just being able to categorize and share photos on Flight has been a godsend.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to delete old or misspelled tags. It becomes harder to search if photos are mislabeled. I'm also not impressed with smart tags (tags that Flight assigns automatically). They are confusing and not particularly accurate. Flight's default setting is to include these when uploading. I wish there was a way to turn off this feature until it becomes more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's especially great if you're new to DAMs. Just take time to establish search terms.

We are now able to share photos across three branches, a dozen departments, and the outside world. Only a few of our marketing team were able to have this kind of access before.

Canto review by Lily T.
Lily T.

"Impressed with Canto"

What do you like best?

We have been using Canto Flight as our Data Asset Management system for the past 6 months or so. Overall, we are very pleased with it. It is easy to use and understand, and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

I'm not super excited about the way its lightbox feature works and I don't like how limited my user base and storage amount is for the fee we pay each month, so those are some limitations. It's a fairly expensive subscription service and the jury is still out for us whether we will ultimately be able to continue using and affording it. But for now, we're happy with it.

We have struggled with a good way to manage our digital assets--primarily photo and video assets. Canto Flight is easy to use, easy to organize, very intuitive, and has a better tagging and management system than other DAMs we've used.

Canto review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Simple to set up, Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Canto is very simple to get started, the folder structure works similar to what you already use on your computer or on Dropbox, so recreating that is quick.

What do you dislike?

I would love some type of desktop program similar to what Dropbox provides. There seems to be some version for Mac, but not for Windows.

We needed a system to share marketing and sales content internally that could be accessed by our teams anywhere. We previously kept all files on individual computers and sent via email when requested, but if a team member was out we weren't able to quickly get those files distributed. Now we have central locations with portals for different teams where they can download anything they need, at any time.

Canto review by Rosie P.
Rosie P.

"Best photo and video management system we could find!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to upload photos in Flight - plus it is fast. I can upload 100 large images and it will take less than 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had facial recognition so it would be easy to tag photos. We have so many event/people photos and it would be great to tag them all easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our tech team looked into what would be the best digital management system and after careful review picked Flight by Canto. We needed a digital management system that was designed for everyone to use. There were other great systems but it was more for a professional photographer. Plus Flight works well on a Mac and PC.

Before Flight all photos were archived on my computer, so if a team member needed anything I had to look for the images myself. With most all our images now in Flight everyone can look for their own images saving team members and me time. What has also has been a tremendous benefit is that you can describe and tag photos which helps keep record of the Museum's institutional history.

Canto review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"Great Tool for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily access images approved for use by my company for marketing purposes. I'm a remote worker, so being able to use Flight makes it so much easier to get what I need quickly. I also love the comments feature - that way I can comment where and when I've used a picture.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could open the images in a new tab, while keeping the list of thumbnails open in a separate tab. Looking at the larger pictures would be easier this way, and then I wouldn't have to go back and scroll though the thumbnails again if it wasn't the image I wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful, easy-to-use product that has saved me time in my work. I love that you can categorize images in folders, and that you can put tags on images so they're easier to search for and find.

It makes it so much easier for remote workers to get what they need. It saves me time searching through images, or trying to find one with a free-to-use license.

Canto review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Solid DAM"

What do you like best?

Canto has a great interface, both on the front and back end. Looks super polished on the consumer-facing side, and the backend uploading process is pretty straightforward and easy to use. Also is a great value as a mid-tier priced program with upper-tier functionality. Great customer service.

What do you dislike?

The cold storage aspect is a nice feature, but it takes a really long time to retrieve an item if you actually need it.

Canto lets us distribute images and resources to our dealers and reps quickly and easily. It streamlines the process for them and for us internally, saving hours of serach, edit and email time. It also allows us to keep our image library up to date very easily.

Canto review by John S.
John S.

"DAM easy"

What do you like best?

Canto is super easy to use thanks to it's intuitive interface. I like how easy it has been to setup with years of digital assets that we had to move into it. It has helped us get organized and give access to our assets with our partners around the world.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pop-up screens aren't as helpful as you'd like. But, I've never gotten into a problem I couldn't figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but I think you'll find this is the best value and easiest to implement.

Organizing our digital assets that had been spread out over hard drives and other cloud storage services.

Giving access to our digital assets to our global partners.

Canto review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Solution for Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

I like that I can drag and drop folders and albums to reorganize when needed. The tagging and filtering features are top notch. You can relate files to one another and share links with people outside of your team for viewing and downloading.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could make the thumbnails a little larger when browsing, but not a dealbreaker. The cropping and resizing functions are confusing and don't produce the results I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for us! Highly recommend for your digital asset management solution. It helped us get organized while being able to search, filter, collaborate and share.

Everyone on my team and within my department are very happy with the solution and they all claim that Canto has made their lives easier and jobs more efficient. The benefits include saving time and making it easier to work together and share photography and video within our department and with external partners.

Canto review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Canto is not the best, but better than nothing"

What do you like best?

Canto is way better than trying to sort through photos on Finder or Dropbox. You can tag images and put them in folders and search for key words. I like that you can also sort by pending/approved/rejected. It helps us keep photos organized by style, season, color, etc. I like that you can share folders with certain people.

What do you dislike?

The software is not very intuitive. The sorting by date hardly works, it is very finicky. The "zoom" boxes are more distracting than useful. Portals don't sync well. Portals should have more granular access and control. The interface is basic at best. Text runs off the screen, menus don't actually expand. Certain email providers can't get access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canto is for sure the budget option of getting what you pay for. If it's the only program you can afford, it truly is better than nothing. What I've heard from the industry is that there is way better options out there that are intuitive and more robust. You may be in a situation like me where you don't have a choice. It sort of does the job, with some hick-ups, and can be extremely frustrating at times, but hey, what software isn't.

Canto helps our team manage thousands of photos for our business as well as share with our teams around the globe. Overall, Canto is better than nothing, but certainly the budget level service and frustrating at times. You get what you pay for.

Canto review by Administrator

"Canto is where it's at!"

What do you like best?

The best things about it are the storage, navigation, as well as the organization of the items you need stashed away and easy access for. I have certain assets or documents that I have to separate from one another and then I share those links to certain vendors or clients. I am a huge fan of the collections option. Collections allows me to store certin files in one area and share them (repeatedly) to many of our vendors to constantly keep asking for files or images. I really like to use the links for the collections so that I can send them to clients.

What do you dislike?

For now, I have not found something that I dislike. I really enjoy this platform! If I were to be picky, I would say that sometimes it is slow while loading all of our imagery. However, we do have a combination of TIF, JPG, PNG files that are pretty large. This could be the reason for the delay?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe I would like to see a compression option included in the area where you can resize, crop, and then download images.

Canto allows me to create links to assets/policies, or anything I have stored and shared them to group or individuals very easily.

Canto review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Canto works well and made life easier for us"

What do you like best?

The tagging and search are absolutely the best, easiest to use features. It's the best tagging and search mechanism I've seen for a DAM (which isn't saying a whole lot). The reporting features are great, too. We can easily see what's getting downloaded, what tags are most common, what search terms are most common and what's being uploaded. It really provides a high degree of validation and efficiency monitoring. Love it.

What do you dislike?

Along the same lines, the organization of your content can be daunting, at least at first. With workspaces, folders, teams, and more ways to organize your people and your content, finding the right place for everyone and everything can be confusing. We just end up using search almost exclusively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the resources provided by Canto. They have a great, and necessary, knowledge base.

We are using Canto as an illustrations database. It works great as a way to manage all of our illustrations. We're finding better use of each illustration, easier access, and great reporting to determine what's being used most and where to focus our efforts in the future.

Canto review by Administrator

"Scalable, Easy to Use and Great Customer Service! "

What do you like best?

Scalable: We looked at many different options for a Digital Asset Management solution. After extensive research and demos, we landed on Canto in part because we were able to easy scale up as our use increased. We love that we are able to move Contributor licenses between users.

Easy to Use: The user interface is much like many stock photography sites out there. Our end users with little technical experience have no issues using the program, which makes it an easy sell for our in-house team of designers to get people on board with using the system. Our Infrastructure team also appreciates that we are sending fewer emails with large attachments!

Customer Service: While there is a wealth of information on the Canto website, we appreciate the wonderful customer service we've received during the onboarding process and each time we have a question. Our account manager responds usually within hours to any question or request.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we've run into so far is the permissioning structure as we continue to build out use across our varied business lines. Fortunately we've found a work around for these issues and the Canto team was very responsive in helping us resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small, you can always scale up!

Our in-house design team haf assets stored in varied locations - individual machines, file servers, cloud storage like Dropbox - you name it. Canto is now the central repository for all files. We even send and receive almost all files now through Canto and our end-users (clients) seem to appreciate that as well. We love that it is secure and available outside the network. This makes it easier to use for our end-users.

Canto review by Angel G.
Angel G.

"Canto Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize marketing and branding materials and sharing files with co-workers, employees, and third parties. Canto is very user-friendly and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like when you have required fields in the upload window, but you cannot see them all just by scrolling, you have to click the arrow to see additional fields. If you don't know they are there, you don't know they are mandatory until you click upload and get an error message. The portal is a great feature and way of sharing a selection of content without sharing all your assets, but it needs updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canto has made filing, sharing, and organizing files for our company so much easier! The customer service has also been great; they are very receptive to feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the software to meet their customer's needs. There are a lot of similar solutions out there, but for the price, this is one of the best.

Digital asset management. We currently have files in SharePoint, Dropbox, and HubSpot. Here, all of our assets are in one place and organized with thumbnails and search features making it really easy to find what you are looking for. We also use the portal feature which has become our brand portal where employees can find everything they need to create a consistent brand for our company.

Canto review by Ryan J.
Ryan J.

"A great tool that improves efficiency, quality, and communication"

What do you like best?

Canto has allowed us to have better interaction with our requestors. It's easy to use, expandable and customizable. I can't imagine my daily workflow without Canto.

What do you dislike?

Portals are a great way to segment your users, but the way that Canto counts storage use when using portals makes them challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Big company or small, Canto is a great solution for digital asset management. Their sales and support teams have been available and incredibly helpful in selecting the right options and setting up our environment.

Allowing our requestors greater visibility into our visual library, as well as encouraging them to take a greater personal ownership in managing and adding to their assets.

Canto review by Trevor M.
Trevor M.

"Great Product for Large Teams"

What do you like best?

- ability to house all digital assets in one place

- pulls in meta-data from photos

- auto-tags and categorizes assets into useful groups

- ability for teams to set permissions on assets they own

- all users are able to pull clips from video files

- users can crop and edit photos

What do you dislike?

- web application dependent on internet speed

- requires some management time to review uploads and asset users

- design and comms team now has easy access to all of a department's assets.

- departments can now easily share assets with each other

- design team no longer has to pull video clips or search for photos

- assets can be be searched for in multiple ways, making it easier to locate what we're looking for

Canto review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Product that is a breeze to use and highly recomended."

What do you like best?

I really like just how simple it is to search and upload assets. I can easily search for any image or video with ease. Never has it taken me more than 5 minutes to search and download what I need.

Uploading assets is also extremely easy and efficient. I can tag all my assets at once and can make new albums and folders with ease. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to organize their images.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues downloading large folders.

Our business has had trouble with organizing images. With Flight, we have streamlined the way we organize and store assets. No longer do we need to search through multiple Dropbox folders, server folders or hard drives to find what we need.

Canto review by Jamie H.
Jamie H.

"Flight by Canto Changed How we Work"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Flight is how easy it is to work with. We have been able to take assets from across the different entities of our company and for the first time it is searchable, easy to use and all in one place. Time saving is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I think the duplicate file find can be enhanced. With advance upload it doesn't yet catch all of the duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in communication with your team at Flight they keep enhancing and improving the program.

Our biggest problem solved is saving time. We used to have to look in multiple locations for assets and no longer. We also love that you can sent assets externally and with a quick link others can access what they need. File sharing is great. Another

Canto review by Administrator

"Great Data Asset Management Software"

What do you like best?

The easy of use of this product is awesome. There isn't a significant learning curve to getting things set up. The most time spent is on uploading and cataloging assets which has to be done on any platform.

What do you dislike?

This is a minor complaint but I would like to see a preference or setting feature that allows the admin to extend / shorten the amount of time that a user can stay logged in without getting logged out from the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The eas of use of this product is awesome. There isn't a significant learning curve to getting things set up. The most time spent is on uploading and cataloging assets which has to be done on any platform.

Managing assets across departments / vendors. This platform virtually eliminates requests for assets. It makes everyone more self sufficient.

Canto review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Canto!"

What do you like best?

Our company has many remote workers, and other organizations under the umbrella. so it's nice having a file storing system that anyone can reach. It's also been super convenient for sharing files with people. Lots of great tools in canto for tagging and keeping all the files organized and searchable.

What do you dislike?

it's something so small that I'll figure out eventually. I don't like you can only upload things into albums. and albums are organized into folders. I just feel like we normally upload into folders. See such a small complaint.

The problem that is solved is we no longer have to share a (very slow) drive to store are digital assets and now everyone in the company is learning how to navigate canto so they don't have to come to my team for whatever they need.

Canto review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Flight has been sufficient and efficient for my needs."

What do you like best?

Easy access to my company's photo/image archive. Quick search leads me to the groups of images I need.

What do you dislike?

Seems to slow down the browser the longer you search images. So I end up having to relaunch the browser, restart the search, and start scrolling all the way from the top to access the group of images I had made it to before the relaunch. Tagging photos hasn't been very intuitive. I'll tag a group after uploading, only to have them not show up in searches.

Saves our company time having our image library online and accessible by search terms and tagging photos. More efficient than having to search our image archives spread across various servers onsite.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Flight by Canto Review "

What do you like best?

Our agency researched many DAMs before deciding on Flight. We all loved the interface, features and the price tag. Not to mention, the support team has been outstanding throughout the whole process.

Flight keeps coming out with new features that allow our team to work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I would like to stack photos -- having multiple sizes in different folders makes it harder for us to organize our photos and seems redundant.

I also wish I could copy folders to other assigned folders. It'd be an easier process when setting up our DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's everything you need if you're looking for a way to streamline your digital assets without breaking the bank.

We're streamlining our digital asset workflow. Flight allows us to organize, tag and locate all of our assets. We had a surplus of photos and design files scattered on multiple platforms. Now we have a centralized place to find all assets -- with a beautiful interface. It's saved our whole team time and memory on our computers.

Canto review by Petri D.
Petri D.

"Amazing creative asset management system for internal and external purposes"

What do you like best?

Flight's combination of simplicity, functionality, and price are really appealing.

What do you dislike?

We haven not found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a trial, the product will sell itself.

We had files full of videos, photos, documents, and graphics, but no way of effectively organizing, tagging, sorting, and sharing that content - internally or externally - and with thousands and thousands of pieces of content, we were in desperate need of these options. We now are able to label and find content on the fly, offer up content to our partners and the media with ease, and are saving hundreds of hours that otherwise would be spent searching for and providing content to others. This product rocks.

Canto review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Good easy to use D.A.M"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to Navigate and figure out

What do you dislike?

The filing system layout, I would like to be able to delete everything within 1 category without having to select each item individually. I would also like to be able to put a piece into a couple different groups at the same time. Neither is a deal breaker to me, just some thoughts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow different groupings of products that are already in other not similar groups

We needed a way get get our Pictures videos and other Digital forms of media out to many different clients that would allow them to pick and choose the pieces they wanted. Flight by Canto solved this almost perfectly.

Canto review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Excellent photo storage and organization system! "

What do you like best?

Flight is a great way to keep your photos organized and readily available. The software makes importing and tagging photos very easy, and searching a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I wish the thumbnails would load faster, sometimes it takes a while to scroll down the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a ton of photos that are getting lost in folders upon folders, Flight is the perfect solution.

We have many events during the year, and Flight helps us to organize the photos of our clients, plus offers a great feature to share a select group of photos with them via a custom URL. It makes our lives a lot easier by having these features.

Canto review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Functional, mostly-user-friendly database for photo storage."

What do you like best?

The interface is incredibly streamlined & (mostly) user friendly. We have multiple departments who need access to our photo database, & because Flight is so streamlined, it is easy to train best-practices & maintain a clean database with little to no oversight. Being able to connect to other cloud-storage like Dropbox is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The search functionality isn't very robust, and the most difficult aspect to train people on. I would love to see an 'advanced search' function that could search multiple terms in multiple, separate fields, without those fields becoming confused, instead of having to drill down within 'search within' results multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use Flight has a photo database, & for that I think it works incredibly well. Because of the previously mentioned issues with the search functionality, I would be hesitant to implement it for something more complex (like project management), but it could work fine if you felt savvy enough.

We are a medium size org, and being able to host all our photos from all departments in one space (instead of searching across multiple physical & digital storage holds) has been incredibly helpful. It has streamlined our process & made it more efficient.

Canto review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Dependable and Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy Flight's user interface the best. It has been extremely easy for all employees in our company to quickly learn the ins and outs in a short period of time. I have received many compliments from employees spread across various departments about how much they enjoy Flight and how easy it is to use.

This has greatly increased productivity of our marketing department by allowing other employees easy access to our assets. I also love the tagging feature! Tagging our location photography with our product numbers has been a game changer!

What do you dislike?

Flight includes a feature that allows users to download high res images as 72 dpi jpg files - which is a great feature. The only downfall is that you can only do this one photo at a time. It would be nice to be able to bulk download as 72 dpi jpgs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out for your company. I encourage you to watch the tutorial videos too as you are getting started.

Productivity of the marketing department has greatly increased. Flight has allowed company employees easy access to our images. Flight's great search function and organization has allowed us to quickly access the files we need. Our old image management system was the complete opposite of Flight and very diffiult to use.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Enjoyable"

What do you like best?

File search and filter function, advanced upload.

What do you dislike?

The ability to customize the folder/file structure would be helpful. As opposed to only by Date created and Alphabetically. For example, the ability to move any folder or file to the top of the list or anywhere needed, for easier access and organization.

When clicking into a folder while the old folder hierarchy continues to stay open. It would be ideal to have a setting to turn this option off. So that whenever you open a new folder it would automatically close the other folder hierarchies so that they're no longer visible. This would be helpful to navigate the software quicker.

When adding a new tag or keyword the drop down menu always resets to the top tag or keyword. A

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support staff is kind, helpful and has great insight. The software is intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Organization

Synchronization between team members

Searching for items is easier.

Canto review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for our company needs, but could be more reliable."

What do you like best?

I like the capacity, and ability to upload most (if not all so far) file types. Quick and easy to organize, and not many issues with file searching.

What do you dislike?

50% of the time, I'm unable to use Flight through Google Chrome, which I use primarily when working. I've also had a few troubling times where I was 100% unable to access flight, whether the system was down for everyone, or a strange error page blocked all Flight actions for me. Also, the autofill for tagging a file has a pesky way of autofilling a plural form of a word and not allowing you to input the singular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if easy file sharing and large storage is needed within your company.

The ability to individually share an album, endless sorting possibilities, and quick uploading makes it great for file sharing within the organization, along with partner companies.

Canto review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Review from a National Marketing Coordinator "

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and intuitive - I was not given much instruction or informations about the program but I picked up on it extremely quickly. It is a beautiful set up as well - nothing worse than staring at an ugly screen.

What do you dislike?

Some buttons and options are missing - I accidentally related 25 photos and had to unrelate them all manually. Introducing an unrelate button would be a great addition.

How to share good quality, on brand photos and assets with our employees across the country. This platform has been exceptionally helpful getting our digital assets to the people who need as our team does not have the capacity to work with everyone one-on-one to satisfy their needs.

Canto review by Terrence C.
Terrence C.

"Wonderful user friendly experience with hinderances that keep it from greatness."

What do you like best?

organization is key when it comes to canto; the ability to have a plethora of information at a glance and not bogged down behind pointless tabs and settings is amazing and paramount for efficiency

What do you dislike?

they do not provide in depth learning tutorials to actually produce cohesive results using the software. A more robust system in providing users with the necessary tools to get the most out of canto would be outstanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

canto has some great features but a few minor hinderances do not allow the software to really be easily accessible to new users.

It puts all the content all in one place and easily accessible and it saves time when trying to get specific content that you may need.

Canto review by Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

"Canto Flight is an efficient and competitively-priced DAM solution."

What do you like best?

Canto Flight offers competitive pricing, Cloud-based storage, an intuitive interface, multi-platform access, customizable privileges, and efficient tagging/searching capabilities. The system can house any file type and allows you to: categorize assets in folders and albums, include descriptions on individual assets, link similar assets, include the same asset in multiple albums, set expiration dates, and send comments to other team members regarding assets. You can also set up lightboxes, called Collections, for a particular project or to share. It's very easy to use. Another plus is their customer service--we have had great experiences from the initial inquiry to the onboarding process, and even now we can contact our representative if we have any questions or suggestions, and we'll get a timely response.

What do you dislike?

Our only frustration is that Flight's photostream is arranged by upload date, not date taken (which would need to be pulled from the image metadata). However, we have been in contact with our Flight representative and are told that this will most likely be an option in a future release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule an interactive introductory conference call with a Flight representative to get an overview of the system, and then take some time to explore the demo version on your own. Make a list of your organization's needs and decide whether Flight is capable of meeting them.

I am part of a small in-house team at a private university, and we are currently using the system to store our photography--we have thousands of photos. Flight has made locating and sharing assets so much easier and timely.

Canto review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating"

What do you like best?

Ease of search and immediate downloads is great and our users love this. Huge improvement beyond previous tool being used.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way besides a Private Portal to house assets in Flight that are restricted to just certain Pilot level users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

30 day trial was very useful. Ask lots of questions and dig deep into the help area on Flight... very broad inventory of topics that help to increase your knowledge of use. Support team is great so really use them.

Having a more immediate level of access to digital assets and providing a greater ease of use for a large number of users.

Canto review by Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.

"Great functions, regular updates and great support"

What do you like best?

We are a government organisation dealing with new migrants and refugees, and have migrated from cumulus to flight for a more flexible and cost effective digital management solutions. My experience with flight has been great, canto offers regular updates and new releases which really strengthen the functionality all the time and their partner Databasics deliver great support and customer services. .

What do you dislike?

I think the workflow functions need to be improved from a design and production point of view, we worked as a marketing and communications bureau which services the whole organization, without a proper mark-up function, it had made the collaboration a bit difficult when working with designers and copywriters.

Since introducing Flight to the organization, it has great streamlined our digital assess management process, solved the problem of large file sharing, and made collaboration with external parties a lot easier than before.

Canto review by User

"Easy as 1, 2, 3"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share different folders.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't share portals the same way as folders. We have portals that shouldn't be seen by certain entities, but the portal names are all public when being shared. So, if X should only see Portal A, but has to select Portal A out of the list of other portals, X will see the other portals that X does not need to see. It's required some work around.

We have internal folks, agencies, retailers, and other entities that need to access our files. Having different levels of privacy has been very helpful and the abilities to customize what each can see has been wonderful.

Canto review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Great tool for collaboration across individuals, departments, and more."

What do you like best?

Flight makes it possible for all of our team's creative assets to live in one easily accessible place.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks to this tool. Without clear planning and strategy, teams can easily get into trouble with duplicate uploads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start adding content to Flight, spend some time looking at the big picture. Understand what keywords, tags you would like to use. The keywords and tags can be extremely helpful to search and organization. Create a flowchart that breaks down all of the folders and albums you need to organize your content.

Flight allows our team to host all of our creative assets in one place. It allows us to easily coordinate with other teams, partners, and agencies so they have access to the content they need. It's improved our content creation strategy since we know exactly what we already have.

Canto review by Kellen F.
Kellen F.

"Flight does the job we need."

What do you like best?

It is an easy way for my company to store and organize photos all in one place. It's a huge help for our marketing team to easily search and find images.

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit buggy and slow to update sometimes. I also with there was also basic editing integrated into the site (ie. cropping or rotating). We don't use all of the options to upload different types of media but for the most part, the photo portion of this software is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to utilize for photo storage and organization. My company particularly is satisfied with the ability to tag photos and sort them in different albums, folders, etc.

My organization did not have a effective way to store, organize, or search for the thousands of images we have. Flight by Canto solves this problem by offering an intuitive, user-friendly, and easy solution. We mainly use Flight as a photo storage and organization platform and it has proven very effective for us.

Canto review by Steven G.
Steven G.

"Love the Organizational Tools"

What do you like best?

I use Flight for work at a hotel marketing company, and I love Flight's differentiation between folders and galleries, and the smart options for quickly searching and pulling images.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could quickly create and send permanent links for entire folders, instead of the requirement to create links gallery by gallery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a short learning period to get used to categories, tags and how the folder trees operate.

Our company handles marketing for 30 hotel/restaurant properties and Flight has been our solution to keeping all of our photographic and video material organized and accessible to all of team members.

Canto review by Dawn F.
Dawn F.

"Client access/Streamlines creative development process"

What do you like best?

Ability to accept all file types and determine user roles. We've given several of our clients access for the co-development of website and it with minimal instruction/training, they are up and running.

What do you dislike?

The system is buggy. Clicking on folders is problematic. The access to the system has been problematic internally and externally. Customer support has been good with resolving the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for the price point, but hoping updates fix bugs.

Streamlines image access and selection when concepting or doing art production. Good for our contract resources to have access to files without giving them access to internal server.

Canto review by Olivia C.
Olivia C.

"Flight is pretty good."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of uploading and downloading to Flight. Also, the large amount of space available is handy.I do like how the folder icons change from open to closed. Very cute!

What do you dislike?

I don't think that the UI is particularly intuitive. Specifically, the icons for making a folder or downloading a photo aren't clear. I find myself hovering over the icons a lot even thought I use this service almost every day. The masonry grid view and thumbnail view icons are also confusing. I'm not sure what the difference is between a folder and an album or why it is necessary for the distinction to exist. I'm also not sure why Flight often opens new windows for downloads. If I'm opening several files from links, it can be overwhelming to have several new windows opening all at once. This doesn't happen if I'm on the flight site in browser though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that for a cloud service it holds up pretty well against competitors.

It's easy for me to share files with my colleagues, especially those that are larger. It is very convenient to have all of our files in one central location that we can all access at any time. I make a large amount of images every week that need to be sorted in the the correct folders and Flight speeds up that process immensely, plus the sorting options help my coworkers to easily locate the images they need to use for a project.

Canto review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Makes Sharing Files So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to easily share files. It makes my job so much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's challenging to figure out how to use some of the features, like creating collections.

Before we had Flight, I had to store many large image files on my computer and transfer via FTA or OneDrive, which not everyone has. Flight makes it so much easier to create collections of specific products that I can easily send whenever necessary. It's great to be able to create a custom link and send that through email as opposed to being limited by mailbox limits.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Everything We Need"

What do you like best?

There are so many things we love about Canto. We had no system for organizing our assets before, and this has been the perfect solution for us so far. I'll do my best to list all our favorite features:

- The user interface is clean and attractive. All the assets we have are easy to identify at a glance. I particularly like the masonry grid view, which not every DAM we looked at had.

- Assets can be organized in multiple albums without being duplicated.

- Canto identifies duplicates when you upload assets, and you can choose what you'd like it to do with them.

- It is very easy to search or browse and find the exact thing you need. As long as you are diligent about adding tags, keywords, and so on, you will be able to find things easily. You can narrow down search results by searching within them or by using filters. There are just so many ways to search for or browse the assets.

- We can request files from our customers using upload links.

- We can easily share files with our customers using share links, and we can put specific permissions or expiration dates on those links to protect brand integrity.

What do you dislike?

I had a few glitches using Canto in Google Chrome, but these were resolved pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to mid-size organization or a small team within a large enterprise, this is going to be a great solution for you. It's affordable and meets all of the requirements we had without being too overwhelming.

We did not have a system in place to organize our assets before Canto. Our files lived in several different places, and if we were looking for an asset to use for a social media campaign, for example, it could take a lot of time and effort to find. We knew we probably had assets that would be perfect, but we didn't always know where they were. Canto has solved that problem, and it has helped us become more efficient in many other ways we didn't foresee. Our design team uses it as a way to collaborate and to share completed assets with the rest of the team. We share files with our customers using expiring download links. And I particularly love the drag and drop tool for publishing assets to our blog and social media.

Canto review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tool for digital storage"

What do you like best?

So far, the file sharing process is so seamless it just a huge relief. We send files all the time to each other and outside vendors, and it is so nice to know that all I have to do is upload, share, I am given a link, and that is it! And I know it will always work!

What do you dislike?

Although there is a way to upload a large amount of files at once, it can sometimes create havoc and a little bit of disorganization! But once you get in and start cleaning things up, it all works out.

A very transparent file review and sharing process. It has been a huge time saver.

Canto review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Flight Perfects Our Content Management System"

What do you like best?

Flight enables our team to manage all of our in-house assets. It's efficient, organized, and easy to use. I am thankful that we can search by any word associated with the asset as well. It makes search and shares effortless.

What do you dislike?

At first, we did not understand the difference between tags and keywords. After searching the Help portal, we found this answer to be extremely helpful: https://flight.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/9000102274-difference-between-keywords-and-tags

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend allowing several people in your company to use Flight. The tool cuts out the need for emails and meetings, making communication between teams effective and efficient.

Flight lives up to its promises as one of the best DAM tools in the industry. It provides the best process for organizing, managing, storing, and retrieving media files within our company. It's taken our content marketing to the next level!

Canto review by User

"Herramienta practica pero sencilla y simple"

What do you like best?

Después de actualizar el antiguo sistema, mi cliente pudo descargar parte del trabajo que el equipo creativo había realizado anteriormente a un equipo de servicios de cuentas. Ese equipo fue capaz de satisfacer las solicitudes de imágenes de los clientes sin involucrar al grupo creativo. Ayudó a acelerar las respuestas a clientes y proveedores, así como a equilibrar la carga de trabajo.

What do you dislike?

Para un software que se ha desarrollado recientemente parece bastante simple en estilo y funci√≥n: s√≥lo recibimos lo que pedimos espec√≠ficamente y no hay nada malo en ello, pero un poco de innovaci√≥n llega muy lejos. ¬ŅPor qu√© no conectarlo con carpetas reales en nuestro sistema operativo Microsoft Windows como Dropbox? En alg√ļn momento, tendremos que almacenar todos los archivos en alg√ļn lugar para subirlos a Canto, ¬Ņpor qu√© no permitir una subida directa desde una ventana de carpetas designada sin tener que abrir el navegador? .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aunque la interfaz ha pasado por m√ļltiples cambios es en general es una interfaz bastante instintiva. Adem√°s, los representantes de Canto siempre han sido r√°pidos en responder a cualquier problema que haya surgido.

El servicio de asistencia técnica de Canto ayudó a mi cliente a obtener sus facturas históricas, a obtener un contrato de asistencia técnica y a resolver el problema. Es importante notar: el soporte me ayudó a resolver el problema, antes de que mi cliente pagara la factura del contrato.

Si buscas un programa simple y efectivo este es el adecuado, si necesitas algo mas completo, hay muchas alternativas.

Canto review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"A DAM good decision! SO much better than Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Flight by Canto is being able to organize, manage and share our digital assets in an efficient and streamlined way. It's as easy as searching and selecting what we want to share, creating a link and sending off. Saves so much time!

What do you dislike?

The UX can be challenging at times. It's not always as intuitive as it could be and it definitely takes getting used to. Also makes it difficult when sharing assets with an end-user that's never used the platform. However, Canto does roll out new fixes and updates so it's getting better.

We never had an organized digital asset library where our customers could access and see the breadth of everything we have available, as well as download exactly what they want, in the format and size they need it in. This was a major pain point for us until we launched Flight by Canto.

Canto review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"A great DAM for businesses of any size"

What do you like best?

Flight is very easy to use, especially since the last update. Many of the features are self-explanatory, and if they aren't, it's pretty easy to figure them out. Sharing is also very easy, as we can just send a link that expires at a certain time to any customer that requests them. Another great feature is that our Flight catalog syncs with Dropbox, which we use to set up the file structure and organization. This allows us to organize in a local environment, which then uploads to Dropbox, and then to Flight. Also, these syncs happen on the back-end, so you don't have to stay logged in waiting for it to finish. Another tool that we use quite often is the portal feature. This allows anyone who has access to log in and directly download any asset they need from your library. There are many options that allow you to customize how much access these end-users have, and it makes it very convenient when customers are constantly needing new product images.

What do you dislike?

Most of the big cons were fixed with the latest update, in which the user interface was greatly improved. However, there are still a few quirks that can trip you up. First off, assets are only loaded one hundred at a time. This means that if you are wanting to select all of your assets, it will only select the ones presently loaded on the screen at that time. To solve this, you simply have to scroll down until every image is loaded, and this can take forever if you have thousands of assets. The only other thing that is a little inconvenient is the coloring of some of the confirmation boxes. Sometimes they look grayed-out, or un-clickable, even though you can and should click on them to submit your action. Again, a minor thing, but it can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and see for yourself.

We have used Canto Flight for about one year, and it really has helped us tremendously in managing and sharing our image assets. The Flight staff were very helpful in helping us get familiar with the product, and are there anytime we need answers.

Overall, Canto Flight is a great product that uses a very flexible pricing method, and is a very good choice for small-medium size businesses. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and I am sure we will continue using it for years to come.

Canto review by Robyn B.
Robyn B.

"Great for our Independent School "

What do you like best?

Tons of storage, easy to upload in the cloud, and great costumer service. We are a K-12 school in the Bay Area with approximately 2,500 students and have been using Flight for almost 2 years. We currently have over 33,000 photos, 100 videos, and 1,000 documents stored, with over 2,000 GB (yes that's right, Gigabits) left of storage in Flight. The cloud system makes it easy for our photographers to upload photos and for us to access them without having to be on campus. Though the interface has gone through multiple changes, overall it's a pretty instinctual. Additionally, the Canto representatives have always been quick to respond with any issues that have arisen.

What do you dislike?

Canto Flight's ever-changing interface. It makes it difficult to train and then re-train less-tech savvy staff, and also makes the carefully crafted "how-to" guides quickly irrelevant. Lastly, there is quite a bit of lag time with the software.

Before using Canto Flight, we had a huge photo storage problem. Having 3 campuses with a plethora of photos being taken at events and marketing photo shoots, we needed a solution that could store a large number of photos, be accessible off-campus (our old system was uploading all of the photos to an on-campus server), and that was easy for our staff to use. Canto met all of our needs!

Canto review by Jocelyne W.
Jocelyne W.

"Great platform and user experience that all stakeholders can easily access"

What do you like best?

The UI/UX is intuitive and clean for users of all levels. The administrative portal is really easy to use and others find the registration very simple

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the pltform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an idea of the way you want your platform organized and a single person to handle the administrative setup

Making marketing assets available to stakeholders and removing the need for human interaction to get a file

Canto review by chandler p.
chandler p.

"Great tool, intuitave U.I., Single sign on crippling"

What do you like best?

Look

Interface

sharing capability

search drill down tools

Ability to view original file without downloading

What do you dislike?

Single Sign ON (required by my org) cripples the mass up load tools and the branded sign in page.

previews are just a little low res

Recommendations to others considering the product

lots of features we needed for a competitive price

Optimizing photo search withing our team is great.

Sharing photos with people withing the organization is simple and effective.

Canto review by Sam F.
Sam F.

"Would recommend Canto to anyone!"

What do you like best?

Being able to tag, categorize and keyword thousands of photographs quickly, and then use those to immediately find the photos we need from thousands.

What do you dislike?

having to click to select multiple photos by clicking each photo individually can take time...especially if its hundreds of photos like I do frequently! I'm used to being able to drag to select on a desktop which would be a very handy function!

We get a lot of requests for specific photos of specific things from different departments, so being able to quickly search, select and create a link to send them is amazing and saves us a lot of time!

Canto review by Administrator

"Software to keep you organized and helps you share"

What do you like best?

This software is extremely user friendly with the functionalities that I have haven't seen any other software come close to. It has allowed us so much time as it keeps all files and folders organized and easy to reach. This helps us deliver our contents relatively quick and effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I really want to see out of this software is fixture of minor bugs and glitches that cause the user to have to reload from the home page as well as load times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's saves you time, labor, and money.

Organization

Updating content

Organizing content

storing content

sharing content

Canto review by Gerald S.
Gerald S.

"Digital Marketing Online and Email creative teams"

What do you like best?

Simple, modern, intuitive interface, we had this application up and running in very short order.

Helped us avoid double charges for Stock imagery and let's us get last minute art into the system quickly.

What do you dislike?

nothing, this product filled our need for getting images into the system and available to all our teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company to work with, I have always been able to get quick answers to any questions

Managing Stock photography usage across multiple teams. It has paid for itself with the efficiencies it has created.

Canto review by Harry G.
Harry G.

"A Solution For All Your DAM Needs"

What do you like best?

Their team is the best. If you have questions, they have answers. Response time to issues are addressed in timely fashion. They also seem to be ramping up the services they offer. I'm comfortable knowing that Flight is a company that will continue to grow and offer solutions that I may have need of as my company expands as well.

What do you dislike?

I would say that better communication between theirs sales team and their development team is something that needs to be a priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence. There are different types of management software. Chose wisely.

My business is a celebrity interview television show, broadcast over OTT networks as well as Apple TV, Roku, mobile apps on iOS and Android. Being able to catalogue hours of video and photo elements.

Canto review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Canto"

What do you like best?

The Canto interface is very intuitive. The tagging system allows me to find specific assets instantly. The in-system editing to crop and resize prior to download is a big time-saver. Very detailed metadata helps me stay organized.

What do you dislike?

The portals for customizable assets, links, etc. are an extra charge.

Canto has allowed me to organize and share over 5,000 assets, accessible from any computer.

Canto review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Great experience with Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

This was a very easy program to use. Very intuitive to the needs of even those with the most basic computer skills. Loading, tagging and searching for assets is quick and easy. I would highly recommend Flight by Canto.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I am still in the implementing phase but it is very easy to use. We plan to roll-out the program to our consumer users before the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Flight by Canto.

All of our assets were scattered in several different locations. This will help us centralize everything in one easy to use location. As we continue to produce more photography and video, this will become even more essential.

Canto review by Alexa G.
Alexa G.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep organized and even if it's not, everything is at least searchable. It's a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Smart tags. We get the weirdest, most useless smart tags and support can't seem to make them go away.

Better time management because we aren't searching for files for up to hours. Easier and faster to share files.

Canto review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"A simple DAM with potential."

What do you like best?

The interface is all about the content. Other hosted DAMs I tried were very rigid on how they displayed the content. I picked it because it was easiest to understand right out of the gate. The first thing you see are the pictures, videos, or whichever you set it up to be. If I had to train someone to consume the stored materials, it would be intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that seem half-baked or good ideas that weren't finished.

The bulk uploader only works on IE 10 with an antiquated uploader (some flavor of Java no longer supported on Chrome or Firefox).

There are also some UI elements that are goofy. When you're uploading assets, the progress bar covers up the button to see details of the asset your viewing. Things like that.

The preview for videos are very poor quality. The frame rate low and the compression is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to look at what your workflow is. DAMs on a high level are supposed to be customized to simplify and automate work. With Flight, you have to adjust your workflow to it and not have extremely high aspirations of customization to YOUR workflow.

I'm solving the problem of working with designers and non-designers, employees, interns, and contractors and bringing the company's assets into one place. Making the assets available and approved in one place with it all searchable helps us be more efficient when looking for assets in our large library of custom photography and video.

Canto review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Huge library now online"

What do you like best?

The thumbnail views are terrific and allow us to feature some of our most attractive new images. Flight was easy to learn, and easy to work with - we had to ID about 30,000 photos and although this took some time, I can't think of an easier way to do this. Canto staff were always helpful and as we found features we would like, they have appeared in recent upgrades.

What do you dislike?

A more robust permission system would have been useful, but we had the ability to set up our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Flight by Canto for an on-line photo library. Next we will tackle using it for video.

The client's existing photo library fro this DMO was beyond repair, and literally thousands of photos had never been properly cataloged and identified. We now have everything in one place, easy to access, and using the portal system we are able to reserve some of the newer material for in-house use. The photo library will be useful both for media and for client staff who may not have visited many of the locations.

Canto review by Philip S.
Philip S.

"Great organizational DAM"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for all of our users, internal and external. Highly intuitive. Sharing and creating a process with photographers was also seamless and very helpful to our Org.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an easier way to mass export shares to common file types. IE. PSD -> JPG/PNG for more than 1 file.

Sharing assets with partners and team members. This is very easy and highly customizable. A huge win for us.

Canto review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Solid starter DAM"

What do you like best?

Flight had many of the features we were looking in a DAM, including varying user permissions and the ability to create portals for external use. The Flight staff has always been extremely helpful, answering questions and solving any issues we've had right away.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Flight is that it seems essential to set up the structure correctly right away. It's difficult to adjust the folder and album structures later on since they have different functions. It's also difficult to reconcile the library if an asset is uploaded multiple times.

We are creating a centralized home for all of our marketing materials. We love that we can share assets in many different ways - the marketing team has access to all of the assets, we can create portals for working with freelance staff and we can use the links to share things directly with individuals as they need them without cluttering up our emails and desktops.

Canto review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"My initial frustration was remedied by their support team."

What do you like best?

I like that it is constantly updating to make it more user friendly. Their support team is wonderful, and very willing to work with you directly to improve the product. They even had advice on how our company specifically could use Flight.

What do you dislike?

There could be more training involved. The webinars, and Help sections are detailed, but as someone who is learning to manage Flight for a company and then teaching others how to use it, it would be nice to receive more guidance on how to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Begin organizing your assets in whatever state they are in. Do not dump everything into Flight and hope for the best. Their product is great at organization but you will have to do some dirty work before integrating your assets. Also, it was useful for us to start a list of relevant keywords and tags that regularly come up in our photos. This helped a lot when we started adding metadata to our photos.

We have an ever growing photo library, and Flight is allowing us to streamline our photo organization. The ability to restrict certain assets from users is a nice feature. The fact that it is accessible online is a huge benefit, we used to only access our files by connecting to a server.

Canto review by Gary G.
Gary G.

"Flight by Canto - easy to deploy, easy to use. A win for me and my client."

What do you like best?

Looked at a great many DAM options for my client before deciding on Flight. In the end Flight had the perfect combination of ease of use, cost per user and overall functionality that made them the clear winner when compared to the other options.

One of Flight's strongest attributes is that its cloud-based, thereby eliminating the need for any on-site IT support to manage the database at it grows, along with the assumption that Flight itself will continue to evolve as the product matures under Canto's stewardship.

What do you dislike?

The primary negative for my client is the monthly cost per user, which in my thinking was still considerably below other options, yet obviously more than developing an in-house alternative with no monthly per user cost. Yes, of course I understand that in that instance there are development and maintenance costs, but for whatever reason my client didn't look at the expenses the same way.

Aside from that, with regards to the operation of the Flight itself, I haven't found much not to like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a demo account, kick the tires for a while, and see if it works for you. Might be overkill for your needs, or perhaps you need a local non-cloud option, in which case Flight isn't for you - but if cloud-based is your goal, it's well worth a look.

Media management and workflow were a mess, with assets scattered across a bunch of hard drives, Dropboxes, thumb drives, etc. Surprised they weren't handing off floppy disks to each other. The inter-department communication was equally disjointed, between emails, texts, Post-Its, Slack, Trello, etc., there was never a central hub for communication.

In one fell swoop, Flight solved all those issues. Assets have their place, and related communication is on single platform for all to relevant parties to access.

Canto review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"User for 5 months"

What do you like best?

It is friendly system, I love that it tells you when files have been duplicated.

That all features are explained by signs.

That you can send to someone a link to connect and they will be able to see everything that is in that link, even when you update it.

That you can send documents directly to someone by email.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot seem to adjust the size of the tab where the name, owner and size of each file is showed, so sometimes I cant read the full name of a file.

Also that the way back to the bigger album is not easy.

That you cannot see if a file is in word or pdf, you need to open it to see, and the preview does not show much about a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy way of saving and sharing files.

We did not have a common cloud and now we can share documents with everyone in the group, without someone having to send them.

We only used our personal drives, so when sharing them with other people it was really difficult and messy, because you had to send an email to that person for them to be able to see everything. And even then the files were not orderly displayed. Now we have decided a colmmon order with everyone in the team and have a system that works for all fo us.

Canto review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Confusing to master, then work for our needs"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see all of the information in one space, and decide how you want to categorize and organize assets. I like the content quickview aspect, although it is very hard to find in the interface.

I like how I can use the flight ID to be more organized, and associate files to each other.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not intuitive at all. It seems like there are some rules that are totally unintuitive (a folder can't hold files, only an album can?), and some important features are completely hidden behind tiny UI elements that the average new user doesn't see.

We also have had a lot of problems with file names being overwritten when content is edited. The versioning software doesn't appear to be very good and we have had to go back through thousands of videos to do metadata updates, video title updates after they were written over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't the one searching for an asset management system, so I'm not sure how it stacks up against other competitors.

Storing and accessing and organizing thousands of video assets and feature art. A way to quickly connect to and organize metadata.

Canto review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Best looking and most simple DAm"

What do you like best?

I really like the layout and overall aesthetics of Flight. A lot of other Digital Asset Mangement tools are dated and the user experience is awkward to use. This is easy to pick up, as well as keep up to date and organized. This also saves me time from having to teach the rest of the team how to use Flight - as it is pretty self-explanatory and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after uploading large amounts of files, I have to refresh and come back to the site. This is a minor issue and is not that much of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely reccommend using Flight. It is an awesome tool and very reasonably priced. I spent a lot of time researching before choosing Flight and it was an easy choice!

Solving the problem of keeping a team up to date with the latest files. Benefitting from not spending too much time looking for source files and being able to start the project a lot sooner. Bulk adding keywords and descriptions is easy and saves a lot of time. I also like that it will notify me if I am trying to upload a duplicate file. The personalized look also helps to send files professionally to partners.

Canto review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Makes life easier"

What do you like best?

Canto has all the best organizational tools + some that you didn't know you needed. Fairly easy to use and beautifully laid-out.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit steep but in the end, worth it.

We have millions of images we need to search through daily. The search feature with tags is key.

Canto review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Love It!"

What do you like best?

That I can upload thousands of files at once with tags and meta data, and then once they are uploaded I type just a single word and find all files needed. Canto makes file finding easy. I can set files as pending or approved so that only the right personel are able to view and approve files. I love the mass upload app, it works great and if you needed to, you could even upload your entire server all at once

What do you dislike?

The navigation on the left side of the site isn't the best, it feels a unnecessary when there is the ease of typing in a keyword and getting exactly what you're looking for.

No more wasting time searching countless folders for the files I need!!!

Canto review by Janet R.
Janet R.

"Good platform for non-agency users"

What do you like best?

We appreciate that with Flight's user friendly dashboard and file organization, our users don't have to be highly technical to navigate it. We found that many similar products out there are really created ad agency environments which isn't us. Portals made it easy for us to organize files and give users access/credentials to only the content the need.

What do you dislike?

There are some redundancies in some of the steps to save and update files & portals, but it seems they are being addressed. We would love a better interface to share images to social media directly from the portals.

We are a real estate management company with 30 assets across our portfolio. We needed a resource to provide access to each location's logos/imagery/floor plans that didn't eat-up our network space and that allowed us to easily control which image files should and shouldn't be utilized for marketing.

Canto review by George C.
George C.

"Amazing cloud based photo CMS"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the expansive technology, and the people that support this product. Flight by Canto has been indispensable to the two organizations in which I have deployed this product. It has streamlined photo management and made searching for assets a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say what I dislike. The uploading is seamless, and the file management is very straightforward. If anything, there are times - rarely - when the speed is an issue. Overall, the customer service is superb. There is a glitch with color reproduction on .pdfs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to them and absolutely avail yourself of the training and support.

We are using this software every day to assist us in supporting our advertising and print workflow. The ease of use for sharing files and photos are the main sources of excitement and use.

Canto review by Heather O.
Heather O.

"Flight"

What do you like best?

The ease and search-ability of images that can be placed in buckets

What do you dislike?

Initially when I begin using this, I had a little bit of confusion with icons when trying to download images- I know its a minor feature but the more straightforward products can be the better, especially being a very visual individual.

Moving large amounts of images over from a server space to Flight, allowed for easier, quicker access to files

Canto review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Canto DAM"

What do you like best?

The "Canto Connect" app made it easy for me to upload all our assets and keep them organized. The application created the same folder structure, so I did not have to spend time setting that up.

What do you dislike?

The items that I had issues with were fixed after I contacted their support. Their support is quick to response and has always helped if I ran into an issue.

We are integrating their DAM with our storefronts to make downloading images seamless for our customers.

Canto review by Russell W.
Russell W.

"Canto works"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and learn. Great training. Inexpensive. Customizable. Dev team willing to add features or workarounds for our specific pain point.

What do you dislike?

No way to fully restrict download permissions on certain file types.

Easy access for all our employees to view their assets.

Canto review by David J.
David J.

"Really DAM nice digital asset management solution!"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize our digital assets with albums and have the ability to filter, sort, and search makes it easier to find the files we're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Being cloud-based scares me a bit since we have several terabytes of data, but so far access to the data is great.

We can access Flight from mobile devices, which comes in handy during off-site meetings. The ability to add Metadata and Custom Fields to further organize the files is outstanding. Being that we are a supplier of generic hard goods, the ability to create branded portals is essential for that "Whitebox" experience for our distribution customers who want to use our assets with their customers.

Canto review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Smooth and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Really great DAM site that keeps our servers from being cluttered.

What do you dislike?

Took a while to get direct image URL's. Now that it is available, it makes it MUCH easier to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're great to work with!

Having an easy to use digital asset manager! We previously just used Weebly and it became slow very quickly when adding lots of images.

Canto review by Derek C.
Derek C.

"Affordable DAM option that is easy to get started with. "

What do you like best?

The affordability and the tagging options for each asset that make it very easy to search for anything.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality is quirky, but easy to get used to.

We historically kept our assets in dropbox so it was hard to distribute those assets company wide. Flight made it possible to share our assets in a n intuitive way.

Canto review by Donald L.
Donald L.

"DAM Canto!"

What do you like best?

> Has helped us organize all of our digital assets in one place that all stakeholders can access.

> Includes an upload process to allow, less time spent on adding new assets

> Very robust

What do you dislike?

> Mass uploading

> Pricing is too much for smaller businesses

> Needs additional branding customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request a demo on the site, and we will love it!

> Better feedback

> Faster tools for DAM

> Organization of the assets and tools!

Canto review by Ashley L.
Ashley L.

"A simple, clean interface"

What do you like best?

Canto offers a clean, easy, intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

As everyone knows, the heavy lifting of any digital asset manager is in the setup of the product--luckily we had a plan and good partners.

Canto provides the ability to create time-gated public links, making it simple and secure to share content with partners and vendors. No more FTP sites!

Canto review by Administrator

"DAM for Real Estate Agencies"

What do you like best?

The platform is user friendly, easily customizable to your brand and allows users to access all digital assets with a click of the button. It's a great way to stay organized and store multiple forms of media in one location.

What do you dislike?

Slow response speed when using the platform - slow load time.

Organized access to hundreds and thousands of photos all in one place. Search engine capabilities comparable to Google. Smart Tags that help categorize photos and documents.

Canto review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Game Changer for Teams"

What do you like best?

Flight has been instrumental in organizing all our assets so that our communication team and our sales force can find marketing materials, PowerPoints, videos and photos in minutes. It is such a huge leap from a clunky intranet site to the simple interface.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI experience like icons, where buttons are on the site could be improved.

Sharing assets in a simple and easy manner, keeping assets accurate because of better visibility, working better with teams, sharing across multiple platforms in multiple languages, organization, communication.

Canto review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Flight by Canto"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, well organized, many capabilities and features

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Flight. The only thing would be that there is a learning curve to figure out all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Being more organized and keeping file assets in a centralized location; being able to easily share files with external parties

Canto review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Fast, easy and convenient "

What do you like best?

Flight by Canto makes storing, organizing, and sharing pictures, videos, and documents fast and easy. I love the folder/album structure, diverse sharing options, the tagging & search feature, and all the hidden tools I am constantly discovering..

What do you dislike?

After using Flight by Canto to upload, share, and organize assets for almost 6 months, the only thing I came across that I dislike is the download feature that zips files instead of downloading them individually.

Have not come across any business problems yet, but have used Flight by Canto support to answer multiple questions.

Canto review by Executive Sponsor in Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Real Estate

"First venture into DAM territory"

What do you like best?

Universal, cross-platform access, ability to create portals, md5 checksum-based duplicate stopping.

What do you dislike?

bulk uploader extraordinarily difficult to get working over office firewall and on chrome. HIGHLY recommend making this a web interface.

cannot bulk-set tags when uploading folders

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not an Enterprise-grade solution, but it's light-years ahead of the alternative you might be using - dropbox, intranet storage, or even physical backup drives. Even specialist services like Egnyte are close, but well behind in terms of control and management.

Well suited to small teams with a large, distributed clientele, different silo'ed departments requiring common resources, and companies working with lots of agencies and marketing teams.

mac vs pc access issues on internal networks; internal users and external 3rd party agencies different access levels; tracking outdated content

Canto review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"major help with accessibility, very streamlined form of asset management "

What do you like best?

the tagging system allows for easy search-ability. folders and albums allow for organization efficiency. the plug-in with In-Design makes it possible to easily connect documents and files with flight.

What do you dislike?

the way that tags are done could be streamlined so that users could "apply all" to certain assets rather than retyping the tags over again. another option to highlight images that you would like to go back in look at could be useful (there is something like this currently, however, the assets are all in a giant folder and you cannot make further distinctions between files)

Digital assets are streamlined across the company so we are not running into issues with one image being used on a document and another image being used on that document at a later time.

Canto review by Brandi C.
Brandi C.

"Great way to organize assets"

What do you like best?

The number one feature that really works for me is the shareability of albums. If I need to share photos with someone outside of the company Flight makes it really easy with shareable links. I also like the ability to add tags and keywords to photos and documents. It allows easy searching.

What do you dislike?

The sidebar, where all my albums and folders live, isn't super user-friendly and at times even glitchy.

Being able to sort, filter and otherwise manage our assets has really saved us time and made us more effecient.

Canto review by Agency in Retail
Agency in Retail

"Fantastic product for small to large teams!"

What do you like best?

Flight allows an awesome ability for store and share images and template files.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we have found since our team has implemented the use of Flight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a design team. It is wonderfully visual and efficient when it comes searching our database of images.

We needed a cloud based application that our team could store our purchased files. We were spending $8k-$12K per year on stock credits. Our goal was to decrease the purchasing of stock images and utilize what we had in our current database. Our images, templates, and vendor logos were on the server which did not allow quick transferring as well as quick visual thumbnails. On the server we could not easily sort images based on keyword. Finding images was very difficult. After we utilized the application we began to use it for storing templates and logos we use on a everyday cadence as well. We have been sharing images with the marketing team to approve before use. A huge advantage to this application is the ability to search by keywords and create folder structures within the program.