Canva

Showing 1072 Canva reviews
Canva review by <span>Kate S.</span>
Kate S.

"Simple design software"

What do you like best?

I like that Canva is easy to use. It is very very simple, easy to navigate, has clear icons and communication in terms of what different functions do, etc. I have used previous graphic design software that is much too complex, and very hard to use if you are not technically trained on it. Canva makes things easier. I also like how you are still able to use keyboard shortcuts on Canva. Another thing I like is that Canva is an online tool. While other softwares you must download, you are able to simply log in to Canva and you are good to go! It is very convenient in environments (like mine) where I work from both home and office.

What do you dislike?

While the simplicity of Canva is a strength, it is also it's greatest downfall. Canva lacks certain tools that other, more complex, softwares have. This makes it harder to accomplish tasks on the software. I have found myself having to figure out other ways of doing certain things, due to the fact that Canva simply lacks the tool necessary to do it. Another issue I have had is that it seems to glitch a lot. The first time I used Canva, I couldn't log in because the site was down for like half an hour. This makes me question its reliability. I can't help but wonder if one day when I need it most, it won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only for simple projects!

I am creating brochures and posters.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Canva
Canva review by <span>Emma M.</span>
Emma M.

"Dynamic Content In Minutes"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly I can put together any type of content with Canva. It is easy to use and creates stunning results that get great reviews. I like how I am able to upload my own logos and choose a color palette for my brand. This makes it easier to quickly generate new content. There are also tons of great free pictures, backgrounds, templates and themes to choose from and all of them are high quality and look great on any platform!

another thing I like is the ability to edit the size of the content, for example, if I had made something that was sized for instagram, I can change it to facebook layout at the click of a button! Very handy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can only create a portfolio for one brand. I wish I could create multiple brands, as I manage several brands and would like to save the logos and pallets for them separately. I have found workarounds to make this easier for me so it doesn't really bother me that much. I struggled to fins anything I disliked about Canva!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the business version now, but I used the free version for months without any problems!

Canva helps me create beautiful and dynamic copy for my website and social media accounts that I manage. I am able to create mockups for designs and send them to clients quickly and easily, and with less effort on my end.

What Other Design solution do you use?

Canva review by <span>Kelly-Lynne R.</span>
Kelly-Lynne R.

"I recommend Canva to everyone!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can use free features and it makes formatting from your own pictures super easy. Canva makes a professional graphic in ten minutes, max! It's very user friendly and the graphic is downloadable in a variety of ways, making it really easy to save your work easily. I also like being able to choose what style you need and having the system auto-generate different crops for Instagram vs Pinterest, etc.

What do you dislike?

The app doesn't work as well as I would like. Other than that everything works really really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do some review and playing around with this before making a switch!

Needing a professional designer. It has saved us from great amount of terrible design work! The other day my colleague was making a printable with word and it looked predictably terrible. I recommended she use canva and we had a great mini-printable in about fifteen minutes. My boss was super impressed ...but it was really super easy.

Canva review by <span>Ron Elius S.</span>
Ron Elius S.

"The Graphic Design Software for Busy People like you,"

What do you like best?

Canva is super Easy to Use like you're drawing or painting on a Canvas.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, I'm more on the Illustration and Logo Side and I would love to have more options and logos on Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For Free Plan Users, expect to have a limited Photos, Templates, Illustration, and Logos. But the thing is if you want to use Canva as a tool to improve your Personal Branding on Social Media or your own website, by all means, use their 30-day Free Trial!

You'll absolutely love the great features of the Paid Version of Canva but the good thing is they have the 30-Day Trial, what more you could ask for tight?

Not only that you'll also have the access to hundreds of thousands of Great-Quality Photos, Illustrations, Logos, and premade Templates. If you love to organize your own created photos to a specific theme, you'll love to use their Folder Features. Segmented and Organized!

You can also easily resize your designs with their "Magic Resize" for any social media platform or designs on your Ads or Website.

Lastly their "Save your brand colors, logos, and font" is a great tool to use! You'll not waste your time creating your own Branding.

Great and responsive Social Media Posts.

Benefits that I got is the UI & UX is amazing. You'll spend your time designing the perfect Idea because of Canva's awesome UI & UX.

Canva review by <span>Hope L.</span>
Hope L.

"Great for Creativity"

What do you like best?

I love using Canva. There are many options for fonts and document sizes. The options of free items (clip art, backgrounds, templates, etc) are good, but there aren't too many. I love that I can customize the size of the image by pixels, and that all of my creations are kept on my home dashboard.

What do you dislike?

There is no option to only search for free items. Most times, I am scrolling through clip art, backgrounds, or other art pieces and they are labeled "premium" or a dollar amount to use. However, you are able to see what it would look like before paying. You pay upon downloading your creation. I wish there was more free options. In addition, it was very hard to find a tool to create a simple line. You also cannot change the dimensions of basic shapes (i.e. make a square into a rectangle without having to delete the shape and find another).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know the dimensions of the product you'd like to create, because you cannot change the dimensions once you start creating.

The benefits of using Canva as a teacher are bountiful- my graphics that I use in lessons and communication are beautiful pieces of art instead of a messy creation in another program. Canva makes it easy to look like a professional graphic designer for no cost.

Canva review by <span>David  B.</span>
David B.

"The best design software for SMEs "

What do you like best?

I have been using Canva within our businesses for in excess of 2 years, during this period it has been pretty much fault free, the odd glitch but to be honest this may have been our internet connection.

I am no designer, in fact, I am not really creative at all but Canva turns me into a design wizard. I have produced some amazing documents from flyers to business cards to infographics. The templates provided are fantastic with so many to chose from.

There is so much you can achieve with Canva it is mindblowing and best of all you don't even need the premium version as the free version does so much. I must admit though, I am happy to pay the $13 per month to get all the tools.

- The software is very simple to use and anyone can be a designer.

- Very cost effective (there is even a Free option which allows you to do so much)

- Robust - never had any long prolonged outages or issues

- Innovation - There are always new tools or templates to try

- Cloud-based allowing me to use anytime, anywhere with a good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

It isn't really a dislike but it would be great to have an off-line version you could use when you have no data connectivity, such as when I am travelling by plane or locked away in a dark space with no Internet. Would also be great to have a larger array of stock photos, but again no major issue as I use Pixabay or other sites for stock images.

Overal there isn't that much to dislike, especially for the price!

It is helping our businesses and certainly myself to look and deliver a much more professional image. There is always a place for a great designer, but sometimes you need a professional piece of work quickly and within a 'zero' budget, this fantastic set of tools allows anyone to produce amazing work!

Learning about Canva?

* We monitor all Canva reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.