Canva

Showing 1,165 Canva reviews
Canva review by Linda R.
Linda R.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Canva
Canva review by argenis m.
argenis m.

"canva allows any user to develop good quality designs quickly and easily."

What do you like best?

I can make simple designs and present my ideas in printed form on paper or publish them online. Therefore, if I do not have much knowledge in graphic design and can not hire the services of a designer, Canva offers me the opportunity to give life to my ideas through an easy guide to follow and execute.

What do you dislike?

The tools of photo retouching are limited, some resources are paid, although extremely affordable.

Sometimes the simple process of drag and drop can cause unexpected and somewhat exasperating results, but fortunately it is not very common, and the tool is constantly updated to avoid this type of failures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use. The Canva tool was designed especially for people who have little or no knowledge in graphic design.

It has a wide variety of alternatives to choose from according to your requirements: invitations, graphics, covers for social networks, infographics, among others.

Canva has at my disposal a wide range of images, web elements, color palettes, typographies and various design resources that will allow me to create great works of art. In turn, I can access various pre-established templates, which will facilitate the development of my projects, presentations or demos, also offers the possibility of uploading my elements to the website and make money with them.

What Display Ad Design solution do you use?

Canva review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Great Product! Highly Recommend!"

What do you like best?

Plain and simple, my social media presence improved as a result of using Canva. I was able to generate my own content and create my own material. It's easy to navigate and easy to learn how things work. You can create templates, upload images, add text and photos, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot of downside to the product - what you put in is what you'll get out. Most of the product is free, but to get the most out of it all, you have to buy a membership. Some of the images, layouts, and other features are pretty cool, but you have to pay for some of it (not a bad thing, just saying if I had to point out a dislike).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Canva to other users. If you're struggling finding content to put out on social media, here's an easy, user friendly way to improve your social media presence.

Once I started using Canva, I was able to create new ideas and content to put out on social media. I realized how important it was to have something different (as far as content), but consistency as far as design. I think a lot of people today want to see a picture or something simple and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Canva helps achieve that goal. My social media has become more professional in it's look and my engagement has increased as well.

Canva review by Jennifer I.
Jennifer I.

"great for do-it-yourself graphic design needs"

What do you like best?

The pre-existing templates make it easy for a small organization to produce quality-looking graphics in-house when needed. We still hire an outside designer for many projects, but for our social media graphics or items that need a quick turnaround, we are able to produce what we need using Canva. For someone with a design background, there's room to work outside of the templates to create from scratch - not as in-depth as using Adobe products but enough to get a quick job done. Also, using the business level subscription allows you to resize existing items you've created without starting from scratch each time - so you can easily use the same design theme and size for different uses (facebook, instagram, email header, etc.).

What do you dislike?

I'd like more fonts to choose from. And at times, I've tried to go back to use a template I've used before and it's no longer available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let your most "design savvy" staff member(s) give it a try and then let them introduce it to other staff.

Overall, we've been able to streamline and focus our design budget - directing the bulk of our budget toward "big-bang" items that require a designer and being able to reduce the amount spent on day-to-day small design needs that come up on a regular basis.

In addition, the turnaround time to get promo pieces out on social media has been shortened. Canta has enabled our Communications Coordinator to create quick graphics when needed, as we sometimes need to respond to current events on social media with an unpredictable and quick turnaround time. And it has enabled other staff (like myself) to create images for our promo needs to then pass on to our Communications Coordinator which shortens the workflow process as well.

Canva review by chris b.
chris b.

"A Million Ways To Be Creative"

What do you like best?

Canva is amazing. Canva has provided solutions to quite a range of marketing and artistic needs. From business cards to certificates to posters, letterhead and more! You could lose an entire afternoon (in a good way!) just cruising through the, seemingly, endless supply of templates on Canva. The templates have given me dozens of new ideas for projects I've been working on. Canva is easy to use and delivers exceptional results!

What do you dislike?

It's a minor concern, but I've found that sometimes objects or images within the search function sometimes seem oddly catalogued...perhaps this is simply because of the sheer number of them and once in a while one slips through. Certainly not a big deal!

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Canva and a little imagination you can be your own Art Department. There are a TON of freebies included, and images with a price tag are really, really inexpensive! Log on and check it out, you'll be amazed at what's available! I've used it for just about 3-years and it's been amazing - I've recommended it to 2 others as well!

Canva has been a valuable tool in providing a number of business and personal solutions. With Canva I've crafted eye-catching business cards for my daughter as well as eye-catching benefit cards for my line of work. If you need something eye-catching to give you that 'edge', Canva can deliver.

Canva review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Great tool for the amateur to semi-pro graphic designer"

What do you like best?

I had never used this website/heard of it prior to my current job. However, it was fairly easy to use, making it easy to adapt to its tools, features, and workflow. The templates make things amazingly simple and quick to put original graphics together. This has been especially helpful for Instagram posts, newsletters, and header graphics for email outreach.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to customize fonts within one field (e.g., bold text, then italic the following line), which makes aligning text boxes very difficult and time-consuming. I also dislike the disorganization of files and photos, which makes searching a little bit more extensive - even with creating folders for files/photos, I am unable to sort folders. Uploading/saving is occasionally a failure due to a Canva server issue; there is also an issue where Canva has deleted my files and not proved any evidence that they existed, meaning I've lost a couple of projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty solid, well-featured app to do simple, clean graphic design projects. This is perfect for social media, streamlined print projects, and brochures.

It solved the need for a quick, easy graphic design app, as before my agency was using third-party volunteers or Word, both of which could be unreliable in their own unique ways.

Canva review by Janet G.
Janet G.

"Ample layouts and formats available"

What do you like best?

They've got the most commonly used sizes available for you to start with to make things easier. There are several stock backgrounds and titles to pic from or you can upload your own. Makes nice cover photos or advertisement photos quick and easy. Or you can use it to watermark your own photos for posting online. Cant beat it for the price. Some premium options available at a small price. As with any software that you buy credits for, the more you purchase, the cheaper the price per unit. There's also a logo design section that is nice for startups and small businesses.

What do you dislike?

It was a little intimidating at first but I quickly caught on to what it wanted and how to do it. There are a LOT of options to choose from which is nice in the long run, but in the beginning, trying to look through them to find exactly what you want can be a bit overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its got a lot of easy to use functions and the premade templates and sizes for social media or advertising materials is a HUGE help!!!

Watermarking photos before posting to prevent misuse has been a big plus.

Canva review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"The Easiest, most Enjoyable Infographics I have ever created! "

What do you like best?

Canva has such a nice interface that is so self-explanatory and that draws you into the creation process. There are a number of templates to choose from, after which you just carry on going and adapting and changing them to exactly how you want them to look. They have a really large range of graphics and icons that are in vector form, so you can do whatever you like, in whatever size. In the free version, there is not even a watermark on the exported item, in full resolution! I am so impressed.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I could find that was slightly annoying was that when I downloaded my infographic in a certain format, the PNG icons I had uploaded myself (with transparent background) had a slight outline indicating their background still in place. I fixed this by downloading them as PDFs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is so easy to use. Just try it out before buying a subscriptiopn and you'll see that even the most advanced features are a breeze to use. I have tried one or two other infographic softwares over the last few months and Canva beats them all, hands-down. This is the right way to go if you are looking to convey your information in better ways than ever before!

Getting information across to employees is a vital part of engaging them in processes. Canva helped me to engage them in a really simple, colourful, informative way. There was no need for anything other than the infographic to get my point across.

Canva review by Janelle V.
Janelle V.

"A must for social media managers"

What do you like best?

The pre-built templates for social media graphics makes it extremely easy for user to drop in their own elements and quickly export them for use. The fact that it keeps a backlog of your projects also makes it easy to create your own templates and quickly create new graphics or re-size images as needed.

What do you dislike?

I understand the need to put some features behind a paywall, but one that I wish were outside the paywall is the ability to resize a project's dimensions within the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it doesn't solve all the problems a program like photoshop can, canva makes it easy for web managers, social media managers, and novice designers to create graphics, pamphlets, flyers, and other marketing materials.

I don't have access to an updated version of photoshop, so having canva as a web-based photo editor to help me quickly resize images for social or web use has been a lifesaver.

Canva review by Phub D.
Phub D.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

As graphic design apps go, I think there's nothing better than Canva. I would go as far as to say that for small business, it is even better than Photoshop and Illustrator. When you're running a small business or have to make dozens of social media posts a week, you do not have the time to work on Photoshop graphics. Canva makes it easy for you. Its seemingly infinite templates mean that you could make a dozen graphics a week and never run out. It is so easy to use. If you have an eye for color and design, its power is limitless!

What do you dislike?

I guess you could complain about how many of the elements require payment, but it is understandable. And if there is an element that you really want but can't afford, just download a png image from elsewhere and upload it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start making a design, have an idea of what you want. Sometimes you could go in and fall to the suasions of its beautiful templates. Don't be afraid to mix and match elements from multiple templates either. Make sure to have a good eye for color, Canva helps you some in that regard but not too much, so you need aesthetic taste yourself.

As a social media manager, I need to make graphics almost every day. Canva saves time and helps me creatively so I don't burn out.

Canva review by Abigail C.
Abigail C.

"This product is GREAT!"

What do you like best?

This platform can make anybody look like an experienced graphic designer. I had no previous experience designing and within weeks was making creative, professional looking graphics. My campaign has saved thousands on design fees from using this product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Even the premium version is inexpensive ($13 a month) and gives you tons of features. The ONLY difficult thing is that transparent backgrounds can get a little tricky, and cropping is sometimes hard. It's NOT a photo editor - like photoshop. So unfortunately, if you want a photo edited for a graphic, you have to photoshop it first. Otherwise, GREAT!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something very intricate/fancy, Canva might not be the program for you. HOWEVER, don't discount it just because it's cheap - there are a ton of features and templates you can use that make even Canva graphics look phenomenal.

How expensive and time consuming designers are! Though I love to support my fellow working person, it would take up to a week to get a simple design and could cost hundreds. Canva is dirt cheap, and we use it on our schedule.

Canva review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"Canva change my life"

What do you like best?

Canva made it possible for me to design tons of different items for clients including social media posts, eblasts, facebook cover photos, resumes, letter head, logos to name a few. I love that is easy to use and fun.I love the templates that make it easy to customize to what you need.

What do you dislike?

It stalls alot and the save button does not always work and then reloads and pieces of the work are missing. They will blame your internet, but it is not. It is the program. I don't like that you cannot download a transparent background in a pdf print format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have gifs, but it would be since to be able to customize the gifs

Videos would be the next logical step as well

Also, the ability to convert a presentation into a powerpoint file instead of a pdf would ideal as well.

Simple graphic design needs can be met with high quality without outsourcing to a designer. It is easy to customize the templates they show and they also give inspiration.

Canva review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Easy to use, lots of options, great for Non-profits!"

What do you like best?

I think it's really awesome that they offer free premium access for non-profits. It's super helpful for someone who's not working with a large design/communications budget. It's also primo that I can order postcards and posters that I design right through Canva! They have great prices.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to work with a watermarked design when I chose a graphic that's not free. For example, I chose a picture of broccoli on a plain yellow background. I wanted the rest of my design to match that yellow exactly. Since it was a photo, I had to try to get it to match manually (which I'm fine with doing), but because the picture was watermarked, the shade of yellow appeared lighter than it actually would once I printed / downloaded the design. I was always planning to purchase the graphic, but there was no way I could find to purchase ahead of time so I could work with the image watermark-free. (I hope this makes sense).

My one other complaint is that I am unable to download large enough file sizes in order to clearly print large items. For example, we ordered an 8 ft. by 10 ft. banner, and it arrived pix-elated because we were unable to download our Canva design in a high resolution / large file size. We would be willing to pay for this feature if it came down to that. It is important to us to be able to print large posters or signs professionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously the best and easiest design software! If you're using this for creating social media graphics, or e-news graphics, you'll be set for life. If you're using this to print large items (like big posters or banners), you may need to look elsewhere, as Canva doesn't allow downloads of large enough file sizes for such purposes.

There are many benefits for organizations using Canva! I am the main designer, but someone from another department also designs graphics sometimes. I have designed some things for her department as well, so I added her to our account and shared only a folder with designs for her department in it. That way, she won't accidentally mess with my other designs but we can still collaborate! I'm also extremely happy with Canva's printing. We've ordered postcards many times through Canava, and they're always good quality and arrive very quickly! As I mentioned above, we also have access to a premium account because we're a non-profit organization. This is the biggest benefit, in my opinion.

Canva review by Javier S.
Javier S.

"Muy útil para principiantes y profesionales"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que la web permite que, tanto personas que conocen poco el campo del diseño, como aquellas con conocimientos más avanzados, puedan utilizar sin problemas la web, ya que está adaptada a todos los niveles de conocimiento.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta es la escasez de plantillas gratuitas, ya que el número me parece bastante reducido, pues un gran número pertenece a plantillas consideradas como "Premium"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva es ideal para todas aquellas personas a las que les llame la atención el diseño gráfico, pues permite, de forma fácil e intuitiva crear grandes diseños profesionales. Una recomendación es probar las funcionalidades "Premium" durante el periodo de prueba gratis, para así conocer si el programa se adapta a las necesidades de la persona concreta.

Esta web me permite crear diseños profesionales, en muy poco tiempo, como portadas de Facebook, encabezados de páginas web...

Canva review by Hope G.
Hope G.

"Use Canva Every Day"

What do you like best?

Well, Canva has a free service that I started using and really liked. They offer a lot of things for free and I actually started looking into the paid version on my own. I do like the paid one and will keep using it for my small business. The paid version's biggest benefit is letting you upload your own logo with a .png and also remembering your company's colors and being able to download your company's fonts. I use it at my job as a marketing generalist for a hotel and it saves me lots of time in comparison to programs like Photoshop or InDesign. I also use it for many other companies in my side business as a content writing and web developer. It can do the job of Photoshop and InDesign, for the most part. I really like all the templates and the photos. Its a paid service, but that has a lot to offer for free -- which is just great marketing.

What do you dislike?

With the paid version, the balance from my one month did not go towards my one year. Sometimes the sizing of things is weird like it's hard to line up two boxes, for example. I would love to be able to see more functionality with text editing. For example, I have to great two boxes to make columns instead of just pushing columns button. Also, it I want to bold font or change the color I need to create a new text box. This limits how I am able to use Canva as I don't love it for text-heavy content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mentioned in other questions.

Making nice designs as a marketing generalist without a great knowledge of Photoshop, etc.

Canva review by María Elena B.
María Elena B.

"It is a spectacular tool for designing web content"

What do you like best?

What I like about canva is that it makes available to the whole world images and different formats to create the design you want at any time, it is a very didactic tool and easy to use, another point in its favor is that with canva we do not need know the exact size to detail to create our designs, in the case of creating facebook headers, for events, advertisements or infographics this application shows us each format with its measurements, also offers several types of output for our design as PNG, JPG, PDF and PDF for printing

What do you dislike?

The tools of photo retouching are limited, some resources are paid, and the tool is constantly updated to avoid failures and part of the interface is not translated even into Spanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best design program is excellent

I love it because it is the best design application for images on the web, it allows me to create in a simple and easy way what I need

Canva review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"Dynamic Content In Minutes"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly I can put together any type of content with Canva. It is easy to use and creates stunning results that get great reviews. I like how I am able to upload my own logos and choose a color palette for my brand. This makes it easier to quickly generate new content. There are also tons of great free pictures, backgrounds, templates and themes to choose from and all of them are high quality and look great on any platform!

another thing I like is the ability to edit the size of the content, for example, if I had made something that was sized for instagram, I can change it to facebook layout at the click of a button! Very handy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can only create a portfolio for one brand. I wish I could create multiple brands, as I manage several brands and would like to save the logos and pallets for them separately. I have found workarounds to make this easier for me so it doesn't really bother me that much. I struggled to fins anything I disliked about Canva!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the business version now, but I used the free version for months without any problems!

Canva helps me create beautiful and dynamic copy for my website and social media accounts that I manage. I am able to create mockups for designs and send them to clients quickly and easily, and with less effort on my end.

Canva review by Ashleigh M. F.
Ashleigh M. F.

"Best teaching presentation software out there!"

What do you like best?

Canva has loads of presentation templates, fun graphics, and unique fonts. For educators whose students have seen every variation of the PowerPoint and Google Slides templates, this software is a breath of fresh air! I've had so much fun converting some of my typical presentations to this format.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve for sure--if you are wholly acclimated to Google Slides or PowerPoint, you'll struggle a little bit with simple things like navigating through the slides or even just adding a new one. Also, since you will likely download a template when

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that some of the graphics DO cost money, but the price is minimal, and there are TONS of free options!

I'm using this software not only to teach, but also to encourage my students to master a new web-based design platform. In my Public Speaking class, I required students to use a new interface for their final speech, and every single one who chose Canva remarked upon the ease of use AND how enjoyable it was to have a break from the typical software.

Canva review by Ron Elius S.
Ron Elius S.

"The Graphic Design Software for Busy People like you,"

What do you like best?

Canva is super Easy to Use like you're drawing or painting on a Canvas.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, I'm more on the Illustration and Logo Side and I would love to have more options and logos on Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For Free Plan Users, expect to have a limited Photos, Templates, Illustration, and Logos. But the thing is if you want to use Canva as a tool to improve your Personal Branding on Social Media or your own website, by all means, use their 30-day Free Trial!

You'll absolutely love the great features of the Paid Version of Canva but the good thing is they have the 30-Day Trial, what more you could ask for tight?

Not only that you'll also have the access to hundreds of thousands of Great-Quality Photos, Illustrations, Logos, and premade Templates. If you love to organize your own created photos to a specific theme, you'll love to use their Folder Features. Segmented and Organized!

You can also easily resize your designs with their "Magic Resize" for any social media platform or designs on your Ads or Website.

Lastly their "Save your brand colors, logos, and font" is a great tool to use! You'll not waste your time creating your own Branding.

Great and responsive Social Media Posts.

Benefits that I got is the UI & UX is amazing. You'll spend your time designing the perfect Idea because of Canva's awesome UI & UX.

Canva review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Easy way to design your own graphics"

What do you like best?

Canva is very intuitive and easy to use. I had no graphic design experience at all but have been able to develop images for my social media accounts, website & blog through Canva. The free version has awesome features so it's a great option for someone on a tight budget!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really wish was different was that when searching through the image library, it would be nice to apply a filter to the search to only see free images. This is such a small complaint though and definitely shouldn't deter anyone from using Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is so easy to use and has endless possibilities. The free version really has everything I need! The paid version (Canva for Work) is something I'm considering due to my ever-increasing use of Canva. The price is reasonable with options for monthly or yearly payment for a single user. The perks I would want to utilize with that is the ability to upload your own fonts, set your branding color pallet and saving templates. These are all things you can work around with the free version, but I might pay for the convenience of saving time by upgrading to the Work account. Canva is an amazing tool for anyone not looking to hire a graphic designer, but still wanting to produce professional, cohesive images for their business.

Canva enables me to create graphics to use for my business that are completely in sync with my branding. They have templates to make sure you're using the right size (for an Instagram post, Facebook cover, email header, anything you can think of!) as well as the option to put in custom dimensions. I'm also able to watermark my images since I can upload my logo and even edit the transparency if I don't want it to be the focal point. I'm able to keep my branding consistent and professional-looking without having to spend hundreds of dollars on a graphic designer. I even created my business logo using Canva!

Canva review by Hope L.
Hope L.

"Great for Creativity"

What do you like best?

I love using Canva. There are many options for fonts and document sizes. The options of free items (clip art, backgrounds, templates, etc) are good, but there aren't too many. I love that I can customize the size of the image by pixels, and that all of my creations are kept on my home dashboard.

What do you dislike?

There is no option to only search for free items. Most times, I am scrolling through clip art, backgrounds, or other art pieces and they are labeled "premium" or a dollar amount to use. However, you are able to see what it would look like before paying. You pay upon downloading your creation. I wish there was more free options. In addition, it was very hard to find a tool to create a simple line. You also cannot change the dimensions of basic shapes (i.e. make a square into a rectangle without having to delete the shape and find another).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know the dimensions of the product you'd like to create, because you cannot change the dimensions once you start creating.

The benefits of using Canva as a teacher are bountiful- my graphics that I use in lessons and communication are beautiful pieces of art instead of a messy creation in another program. Canva makes it easy to look like a professional graphic designer for no cost.

Canva review by Santiago A.
Santiago A.

"The best for Graphic Design"

What do you like best?

You do not have to be a graphic designer to work with canva, it allows you to design for different platforms but at the same time it allows you freedom to make your own designs. If some day you do not have that bud of creativity, do not worry, they have more than 60 thousand templates so you can collect ideas. If you want to use your own images, you have the option to upload the ones you want and give it the best use for your project. You can build your catalog online without installing anything, from a browser you can do everything. If you work in digital commerce this tool is for you, you can, in a few minutes, get all the graphic art for your social networks or clients to whom you work, the best part is that the free version allows you to get to where wish I recommend it with your eyes closed.

What do you dislike?

It is very unfair to talk about things that I do not like, because it is a very well thought out platform, I would only identify the payment, but how else can a visual alternative like this be maintained if money is not sought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working as a free lancer and you have several clients, this platform is for you, it can help you save time and money, especially when you have to generate content, the same photograph can be a resource that you can use with Canva unlimited uses, from a cover for a social network, to a post with a special offer. Canvas is so beneficial that the last thing I did was mount a work presentation with it, I looked for the most attractive template for what I wanted and ready, in a short time, with some screenshots and creativity, I generated a presentation that did not require Office or other software. My next step is to do my resume with her to see how everything ends, then I leave the comments with that experiment.

I have managed to mount advertising campaigns for my clients with this platform. I have saved resources to clients with this tool, because by giving the style I want to the templates, I do not depend on a graphic designer to give me a graphic art to complement the work. Saving money is the biggest benefit, apart from being multiplatform, which allows me to work from my cell phone without any problem.

Canva review by David  B.
David B.

"The best design software for SMEs "

What do you like best?

I have been using Canva within our businesses for in excess of 2 years, during this period it has been pretty much fault free, the odd glitch but to be honest this may have been our internet connection.

I am no designer, in fact, I am not really creative at all but Canva turns me into a design wizard. I have produced some amazing documents from flyers to business cards to infographics. The templates provided are fantastic with so many to chose from.

There is so much you can achieve with Canva it is mindblowing and best of all you don't even need the premium version as the free version does so much. I must admit though, I am happy to pay the $13 per month to get all the tools.

- The software is very simple to use and anyone can be a designer.

- Very cost effective (there is even a Free option which allows you to do so much)

- Robust - never had any long prolonged outages or issues

- Innovation - There are always new tools or templates to try

- Cloud-based allowing me to use anytime, anywhere with a good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

It isn't really a dislike but it would be great to have an off-line version you could use when you have no data connectivity, such as when I am travelling by plane or locked away in a dark space with no Internet. Would also be great to have a larger array of stock photos, but again no major issue as I use Pixabay or other sites for stock images.

Overal there isn't that much to dislike, especially for the price!

It is helping our businesses and certainly myself to look and deliver a much more professional image. There is always a place for a great designer, but sometimes you need a professional piece of work quickly and within a 'zero' budget, this fantastic set of tools allows anyone to produce amazing work!

Canva review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"Canva is a great marketing tool, one I wish I had found sooner!"

What do you like best?

Canva is one of the most user friendly marketing sites I have come across. You can choose from existing templates, designs, images, fonts, etc. or you can create your own (easily upload your own images) from scratch. Not to mention, they actually have customizable templates that enable you to include additional elements (photos, grids, frames, shapes, etc.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about this product thus far. I have been using Canva for about six months, and I it has been a great tool for me - especially since it can be accessed from anywhere, as long as I know my log-in information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is user friendly; easily create your own designs, upload your own images or choose from existing images and templates. Those that believe corporate branding consistency is important across social media, brochures, etc., this is the platform for you!

I started with my company about six months ago as the Director of Marketing. My company didn't have a Marketing department prior to hiring me, so being able to create social media posts, play with marketing collateral, etc. is a daily necessity. The versatility that Canva allows me, while maintaining brand consistency is second to none!

Canva review by Vicki L.
Vicki L.

"A great tool to create your own designs"

What do you like best?

Where to start! I like their pre-existing templates, I like all the other options of things you can add, I like that you can save your images and come back to edit them later, and you can save the files you've uploaded. I like that it's free but that you can pay more for certain features.

What do you dislike?

I wish their templates came in a few different sizes. It seems like Facebook banners and ad dimensions are always changing, and their templates don't necessarily keep up. I know I can create my own design from scratch and specify by own dimensions there, but I prefer to start with a template, even if I end up changing almost everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you have no design skills, you can use Canva! It's very easy to get started. However, I would say that if you truly have no design skills, don't deviate too far from their templates -- they're there for a reason! If you do have good design skills, it's still nice to use Canva to get inspiration or to crank out a design quickly.

We are able to produce more designs, more quickly, and for less money. They look more professional than anything we could do on our own!

Canva review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Diseño Grafico Rapido y Facil!"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Canva es la gran cantidad de plantillas que tienes a disposición para realizar tus diseños, son cientos de plantillas gratuitas y muchas mas pagas; tienes plantillas para todo lo que necesites postér, portadas para redes sociales, infografías, portadas de libros, portadas de CD y muchas otras. Igualmente tienes cientos de imágenes y figuras disponibles, y si necesitas tus fotos solos la subes o las buscas en tu cuenta de Facebook. Si lo requiere puedes hacer gráficos complejos como diagramas de Venn, gráficos de torta, gráfico de barra, entre otros. Es muy sencillo y fácil de usar, tienes un "home" donde puedes ver todos tus diseños. Otra cosa maravillosa es que puedes trabajar en equipo compartiendo tus diseños. Finalmente, existe una aplicación que la puedes descargar en tu teléfono inteligente con tantas funcionalidades como la versión web.

What do you dislike?

Casi nada me disgusta excepto que solo permite descargar en formatos no editables (JPEG, PNG o PDF) y que el programa solo funciona on-line, no existe un versión que permita trabajarlo fuera de linea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extraordinario software que te permite hacer tus diseños muy rápido y muy fácil con las plantillas y banco de imágenes disponibles para los usuarios. Puedes llevarlo a cualquier parte con tu teléfono inteligente y hacer tus diseños rápidamente para subirlos a tu campaña en redes sociales en tiempo real con un diseño de calidad sin mucho esfuerzo.

Toda la infografía para las redes sociales (twitter, instagram y facebook) las estamos haciendo en Canva por la calidad y rapidez para diseñar en la herramienta, no necesitas ser un diseñador experimentado para crear una infografía de calidad y en menos de 10 minutos.

Canva review by Kim C.
Kim C.

"Great, user-friendly product with great outcomes"

What do you like best?

Canva gives you templates and things to use in your design, but it is all very customizable. It is very easy to make it your own and have a print-ready product, even if you're not a trained graphic designer. It also lets me copy elements from one design to another. I also love that they start with the basic sizes of what you would need for different designs - web/email banners, social media posts, postcards, etc. It's great that they already have the sizes available to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not have the premium version, but it would be nice to be able to change the size of a graphic while working with it, instead of having to start from scratch.

I've been able to make many different items with Canva for marketing/advertising events and for creating postcards and invitations. I've used web/email banners, postcards, and different size invitations the most. It has been a great way to make something look more appealing than just text.

Canva review by Luz Elena M.
Luz Elena M.

"Excelente opción para creativos sin experiencia en diseño "

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Canva es, sin duda, la gran variedad de plantillas que ofrecen, los diseños que proporcionan son muy profesionales y gran parte de ellos se pueden utilizar de forma gratuita. La plataforma es muy intuitiva y facil de utilizar, permite personalizar cada uno los diseños disponibles y además, los archivos creados pueden ser descargados sin marcas de agua, listo para su uso.

What do you dislike?

La aplicacion móvil tiene muchas limitaciones en comparacion a la plataforma de escritorio. Seria de mucha utilidad para las personas que utilizamos dispositivos móviles la mayor parte del día que Canva brindara el mismo rango de posibilidades en ambos medios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva es una herramienta de diseño maravillosa, ofrece gran cantidad de opciones prediseñadas que tienen un alto nivel profesional y que funcionan muy bien para complementar y dar vida a la imagen de un producto o servicio en distintas áreas, desde el marketing digital hasta el diseño de portadas para libros, la plataforma Canva ofrece un amplio repertorio de opciones que seguramente te motivaran e inspiraran a crear.

Canva me ha resultado de gran utilidad para crear contenido original, llamativo y profesional ahorrandome el mayor tiempo posible.

Canva review by Ernesto N.
Ernesto N.

"Versatile desing tool"

What do you like best?

I am not an expert in Desing but I started using it because of my current job. I have found out that Canva is an excellent tool for this purpose even for beginners like me! One of the think that I like the most is that I can use for free, which is really good since I just need it sometimes to create good presentations for my kids. Another quality of this tool is that is versatile and intuitive. It uses a drag and drop system. Also, it offers many graphics and images to add to your presentations.

What do you dislike?

Just a phew thing that I started a couple of days a ago: It started showing some bugs or errors on the page. Also it would awesome if they can add more templates or backgrounds to their stock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this tool if you need to create a presentations, poster or others.

It helped me create visual attractive presentations for my kids to explain about any concept of science or math we were studying. Also, I have used it to create announcements for parents if they have to assist to any school event.

Canva review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Great Tool for a One Person Marcom Department!"

What do you like best?

I love that Canva is so reasonably priced while not really scrimping on functionality! This is great for small organizations and non-profits!

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I've found anything that I don't like just yet -- maybe that it does not have as wide a variety of funky fonts as I occasionally like to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva allows you to try the platform for free for 30 days! It's definitely worth the trial to see if it will fit your needs. If you have a full-time, expert graphic designer on your team, then you probably don't need something 'else', but if you're a small shop, a design novice, or graphic design is one of those 'other tasks as assigned' then Canva is a great tool for you.

I am a one-person marcom department for a school. While I have some experience with Adobe products, Canva makes it really easy to quickly design eye-catching materials for social media, our website, flyers, etc. I love that I can upload our logo and other branding elements to create a palette that is consistent with our style guide.

Canva review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"Graphic Design Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love being able to effortlessly create stylish, clean designs for our social networking and e-mail marketing campaigns. The provided tool-set is extremely versatile and having a free option (with only slightly reduced functionality) is extremely helpful. Sharing or passing on designs to colleagues is super useful for everyone involved. The pre-designed templates are a nice starting point or simply a good idea-generator for unique emails and fliers.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could resize my designs if I choose the incorrect format from the beginning. There are workarounds to this but I feel there should be a simpler option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot - I think you'll find it meets expectations for almost every area!

The benefit of being able to share designs among coworkers is hugely important. The suggested format sizes for different types of social media applications is a very handy feature and one that should be commended.

Canva review by Kayla W.
Kayla W.

"Canva makes life easy!"

What do you like best?

Canva makes design work easy. I can create 10+ beautifully designed images/advertisements/cover photos/etc in no time. It is so simple a child could use it. Canva has tons of free templates, images, shapes, and graphics to choose from and also many to buy for $1 or so. It also allows you to upload your own images and graphics, which is great for the majority of us that share a lot of original content. Canva is packed with great fonts and allows you to upload your own as well. Canva stores all of your designs and auto saves every few seconds so you never lose your work! The free version allows up to 2 folders to separate your work in to and will store your custom brand colors so you don't have find them on a CMYK scale constantly. Almost everything you do on Canva can be done for free, but they do offer a paid version which mostly just allows multiple people within a company to view/work on designs from separate accounts and extra folders and such. This has been one of the most helpful tools in my jobs and my school work.

What do you dislike?

The features are not as advanced as those of the Adobe design programs, but that is to be expected of a free online design program so I can't complain. This is definitely not a replacement for a graphic designer, but it can you pretty far.

Using Canva is much simpler and faster than using professional design software. It is almost impossible to make an ugly design. If I can't think of something, there are always templates that match my needs

Canva review by Natasha S.
Natasha S.

"Love for Canva"

What do you like best?

I love that you can choose from so many templates to get you started. Once you choose the template of your choice then you are allowed multiple options from text to shapes and so much more. The free option allows you to do so much without paying a dime for it. You can also make various documents for various events.

What do you dislike?

I wish that on the free version you were allowed to rotate your document. I would also like the ability to rotate a group of text and objects, instead of having to do each item separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. It is great for marketing terms. It lets you have the freedom of customizing your documents. You can put text with any size, font, or color and still be able to move it around freely. No more having to hit enter or tab like in word or make a text box specifically. I enjoy the flexibitly with Canva.

It is much simpler than using a word doc. It provides plenty of freedom to the customer to move, turn, resize and so much more.

Canva review by Angelo O.
Angelo O.

"I like Canva for quick and simple projects"

What do you like best?

Canva is lovely. I like to use it for simple and quick works, the interface is simple and userfriendly, the disposition of the tools is intuitive and it offers you a lot of templates, images, illustrations, and fonts that you can use in your projects. The exporting settings are great since you can export the files in jpg or png (and this, depending on the work you're doing, are two great formats).

What do you dislike?

You can't use videos or gifs in it, and this can be a problem, especially if you're using it for social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is free, giving you the opportunity to test it.

Canva gives us a lot of help saving time and creating professional looking infographics and social media graphics. Some clients projects require a lot of graphic work and for the simple parts we use Canva avaoiding the professional software that can appear slow and too much complicated for simple projects. So thanks to canva we can have a professiona result but ina quarter of the time and with half of the efforts.

Canva review by Jarralynne A.
Jarralynne A.

"Can't live without Canva"

What do you like best?

Canva is like my own in-house design team. I couldn't possibly afford to have someone produce the types of documents Im able to produce through Canva. I am able to create everything from fliers to full yearbooks for my organizations. On a personal note, I was also able to use Canva to create a memorial for my mother. I was able to change things as much as I wanted to after drawing inspiration from their hundreds of templates.

What do you dislike?

I appreciate the hundreds of templates but I would love to see WAY more FREE pictures in the gallery. Its annoying to create a product and find out that the flower on page three will cost a $1.00 for one time use at the time that you wish to print or download the document. More free pictures would be a great enhancement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to other software like Canva, I found Canva was easier to navigate and had many more templates to get started. After switching to Canva, working on other platforms seemed too rigid to work with by comparison. I have not gone back.

I use Canva daily. I create visuals that help enhance my message to customers. I create flyers, calendars and event the design for power point presentations on Canva. The professional, easy to use software makes it easy for my work to look like a pro.

Canva review by Kayla C.
Kayla C.

"One of My Most Used Tools"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use as well as all of the resources offered. The templates are one of my most used items at the least for inspiration. I love all the customization that is allowed such as document sizes, adding hex colors, uploading fonts, company colors/logos & fonts. It is also incredibly convenient to be able to download in multiple formats, zip folders or easily share a link for a teammate to edit.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more of the business/pro features were available, such as images, graphics, uploading of fonts, downloading as a transparent background, etc. - but who doesn't wish that.

I think one of the issues I struggle with most is, creating a piece of content, saving it and then downloading only to see the downloaded content does not match the design I made.

I have also used tools before with even more features, such as inserting images into text, ungrouping pre-made graphics, animated images, and additional folders for organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to being a great creative tool to design all your content - personal and professional, Canva also provides a wealth of knowledge in their "Learn to Design" section. They provide over 30 tutorials as well as tons of articles and inspiration feeds where you can see creations by other designers.

Canva has been a great tool for beginner content creators. We have varied experience levels at our company, but no matter your comfort level with creating content - Canva is useful. Anyone can grab inspiration from a curated template or use it as the base of a design for their property's events.

Canva review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"A graphic tool you'll absolutely love!"

What do you like best?

With Canva, I can make captivating images for social networks, presentations and flyers in minutes, and most of the times for free!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have some pre-made layouts ready for Facebook Ads. Though I can surely promote a post I've published, sometimes I need to use an ad with a different image. This is where a tool like Canva would definitely come in handy: choose the format that best suits your need, pick a photo (you'll pay no more than 1$), add a cool layout and you're done!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may think it's not a "real" piece of software... But it helps you in realizing nice graphics for your social channels in seconds: it's definitely a great tool to have in your bookmarks!

You can make nice graphics for your social media in minutes, even if you are not a Photoshop guru: in Social Media Management it's often crucial to be fast, and you may have not a graphic professionalready to do what you need, especially if you are a freelance. Canva can really solve problems.

Canva review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Canva is a very user-friendly graphic design tool for non-graphic designers"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface, and the professional-looking templates. It's easy for a social media manager to quickly create Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn graphics that are consistent with their brand and professional-looking.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, but sometimes the site or designs load rather slowly. However since the site is so easy and simple to use, it's something that I put up with willingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since the basic version is free, you have very little to lose (except time) from trying out this amazing graphic design tool. You will be able to get the hang of it and start making professional graphics after playing around on the tool for half an hour.

The business problem we are solving is the need to quickly create social media posts and infographics for clients that match their brand identity and are professional looking. With Canva, we can design a graphic in under 20 minutes, whereas it would have taken hours with the Adobe Creative Suite.

Canva review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"Fast, Cute Designs!"

What do you like best?

Canva has so many different free templates, and all of them are contemporary and satisfy really specific needs. There are a variety of wedding invitation templates (some of which feature homosexual couples, which is wonderful!) and everything from movie nights and gallery openings to personal events. All of them are fully customizable for your own needs, and offer great creative starting points!

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to determine what templates and assets are free and which are paid. Additionally, I've accidentally created more than one account, and account management is overly complicated and unintuitive. I've also had issues being unable to revert changes I made to a design and retaining assets that I choose to move or temporarily remove; they get deleted or lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a gem of a program, especially because it's free! Great for student projects and simple but impressive designs, and I love that I can throw together something that works great in just a few minutes.

Canva provides a fast, easy alternative to building my own designs when I'm working off the clock or have less invested in the outcome.

Canva review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"It's Easy to Use and GREAT for beginners"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, it's free for the most part. The pics you DO decide to purchase are only a dollar at most. Definitely the most user-friendly in it's industry.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, but i haven't implemented it with other functions/software, so if it's easily compatible with other apps, that'd be a big plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You've always had the option of using free pictures or purchasing pictures for $1 a pic, but now i'm seeing "Premium" in some pics, which means Canva is doing great. i'd just be cautious of charging.

Social media Posts, Blog Headers, Pictures, Collages, even flyers! It's a one-stop shop for all things visual and creative that is needed when marketing a company. It's beneficial because you don't really have to know the first thing about design, you just go on there and it's user-friendly so just play with it until you get the hang of it.

Canva review by Jamilia A.
Jamilia A.

"Canva is a convenient and easy to use application that yields professional quality results "

What do you like best?

The interface is friendly for anyone and the free resources such as images and text. I love the fact that the templates are high resolution and modern giving my flyers, instagram posts, Facebook cover pages etc. and presentations an extremely professional look. I also have the option to create my own project using custom dimensions. What's also great about Canva is that I can access the my projects on different devices.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Canva but I wished the mobile application had all the resources like text and shapes that the web application has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva was recommended to me by a business associate and friend who is big on find helpful tools for her business and I have been recommending it to clients and friend ever since. I use Canva religiously and I have been able easily and successfully create digital content and presentations for my small business. Here is a cool thing about Canva the quality of the images generated is so good I was able to use the images to print on fabric!

Professional digital content generating tools for social media.

Professional presentations

Easily developed high quality artwork for print.

Canva review by Madison W.
Madison W.

"Easy to Use Design Platform"

What do you like best?

I love Canva for its professional looking designs, templates, illustrations and more. You don't have to have a graphic design degree to create something for your business or even personal use! This is great for implementing a team into your designs, with share and edit features. You can create something wonderful in a matter of minutes with this website.

What do you dislike?

The server for Canva sometimes crashes and stalls, creating a lull in the saving process or making it difficult to access your files sometimes. I wish there was like an "offline" server where you could download your existing files to export and use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time to figure out the flow of design and the tool bar on the side. You will get the hang of it with practice. There are a lot of tutorials online with tips and tricks for Canva. I recommend checking those out as well! There is a large community of Canva users that have figured out shortcuts and more for the website that are helpful to review. YouTube tutorials are the way to go to check out the visuals and understand the process a little bit better!

Canva is great for mass creation of a graphic. With its magic resize tool you can create a social media graphic for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest with ease. It for sure can help you save time and money! The Canva for Work platform is worth investing in for the additional features it provides, but the free version is great as well.

Canva review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Absolutely love Canva"

What do you like best?

Canva is easy to use even for people with little design experience. And for free, you can create tons of social media headers, posts, and pics. They have a lot of design recommendations to make it easy to create something beautiful, very quickly. Canva has a good amount of well picked fonts and photos. Everything I've done on Canva looks really professional.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I did run into some licensing rules regarding using Canva artwork for logos that was frustrating. So I had to use my own artwork. So for logos it's not as easy to use. But I still created something beautiful, just with more effort. I would like more free pics/graphics in the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful flexible software that meets a solo business owners needs brilliantly. It's much better than most of the design software out there. You won't regret using it. Super easy to learn and use. If you have no design experience they have templates for many types of documents that look great. Auto save feature mean you won't lose your work either! You can do a lot of designs for free as well.

I can quickly and easily create artwork & graphics for my blog and business. And easily copy the designs to different formats, such as social media posts and headers. Speed and flexibility are helpful when getting a post up or redesigning my website. It's a great all in one design solution.

Canva review by Katherine Adonis G.
Katherine Adonis G.

"Diseño de imágenes web"

What do you like best?

canva is a spectacular tool to design and create content for social networks, blogs, web pages, banner and much more, it is the perfect tool to design without being a designer. it's a very simple way to create spectacular designs. It has very original features, what I like most is that it is designed to create posters, posters, computer graphics and many more documents. is a tool escensial for anyone who works with web pages, social networks, blog and other interaction platforms

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a highly recommended tool for people who want to design and create professional images with incredible sharpness, it is a great platform to put creativity into practice. It is excellent to create a post for social networks, facebook banner among others that will help the best functioning of your interaction platforms. It's great to design

With Canva I have been able to make my designs using different backgrounds, texts and clips, configuring your own image. It's great, because it's so easy to use. Design professional images and very attractive, sharp and too perfect with this tool. It has spectacular templates that have helped me a lot to organize my ideas when designing.

Canva review by Kristina C.
Kristina C.

"The BEST out there in its category"

What do you like best?

Canva is so easy to use and there are thousands of templates available. Even without instructions, you'd know where to edit the templates and customize each depending on your every need. Your work will look professional-looking and not as though made by a little kid starting to learn how to use crayons. The templates have a very wide variety and there are a lot of them that are really nice that it makes choosing which one to use a struggle! Sharing to a team is also available if you need to collaborate with other people.

What do you dislike?

Not all items are available for free. For some of us who does not have a credit card handy, you'd have to stick to the free items that you could use. Also, sharing with team members is limited and you're not able to add more than 4 or 5, I think, which makes it an issue if you're working with a higher number of users in your team.

This is most useful when we have events in the office or if there are invites and announcements that needs to be made. We no longer need to stick to the usual black and white text formats. Canva enables its users to create striking masterpieces and only you would know you're using a template!

Canva review by Bryan H.
Bryan H.

"Great way to advertise fast!"

What do you like best?

I love this software because it has templates created for you. You are able to get ideas and also incorporate your own. When you are on limited time, you are able to pick out something that has been beautifully created and works great!

What do you dislike?

The navigation is hard when you are trying to customize some of the work. Photo resizing is very difficult. It is also hard to cross over templates such as specific wordings with other layouts. I do wish that it was easier to use certain designs with different layouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! You never know how it may improve the look of your company!

I am able to create my own designs instead of waiting for them to be done for me through our creative department. I only use when I need something very fast such as the same day. The creators of this software have made my ministry look great with their designs.

Canva review by Kristin P.
Kristin P.

"Wonderful Design Program"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use Canva is. You can easily design your own graphic from a template or create something from scratch. The more you work with Canva, the more possibilities you discover! It allows you to be creative and to have fun with your designs.

What do you dislike?

Every once in awhile Canva can be glitchy when it comes to downloads. Downloads sometimes aren't aligned correctly like they are online and sometimes won't download at all. When it comes to downloads not working at all, Canva quickly fixes any bugs though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is worth the business account. It is so easy to use and has so many applications in the business world. From creating email headers, social media posts, or even business cards, you will love the fresh and clean look. I've even used Canva to create new logos for rebranding purposes.

I use Canva for marketing and social media, as well as communication to our internal community. This includes facebook posts, print pieces, advertisements, and items for grab bags, etc. The benefits include a high quality marketing product that puts our school in a positive light.

Canva review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Super easy to use with very versatile tools"

What do you like best?

The way to my heart is a strong content library and Canva doesn't disappoint. Tons of copyright-free illustrations and images. honestly, I just use basic shapes most of the time and Canva makes it so easy to build great looking graphics and marketing media from those basic building blocks.

What do you dislike?

It creates a lot of open tabs. Every time you start a new project or open an existing project, it opens in a new browser tab, which is great. Sometimes though I'll end up with 3 or 4 tabs of the main screen. I'm not really sure where those come from but it clutters up my workflow. It makes me wish I could manage multiple projects in just one tab. I would also like to see layers and the ability to lock or hide layers/elements.

Primarily I use Canva to build custom email headers and footers. It's taken our bland old marketing campaigns from super boring and tiresome to super colorful and eye-catching.

Canva review by Chie C.
Chie C.

"It was a love and hate relationship, but I stick with it. "

What do you like best?

Any business owner would have love and hate relationship with a software or tool they use. Canva is one of those, however, it's so intuitive and still more developments are in progress that it's intriguing to stay. I am a Photoshop user and when I'm multi-tasking and has to finish a layout in a certain format, I go to my Canva templates I've saved re-create whatever I need to create from there.

I especially like the fact that I can easily copy a template I created and create a totally new one.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the graphics and texts overlaps from each other. Could be a bug but I know, Canva tries to fix this kinds of issues. If all else fails, I just save whatever I've made and finish it off again in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you give Canva and watch some Canva user tutorials. Once you get a hang of it, it will be easier to create images in Canva.

Creating several social media cards can be a challenge when you're multi-tasking. Canva made that easy for me.

Canva review by Gail T.
Gail T.

"Fun graphics tool"

What do you like best?

Relatively quick and easy to use. Bright appearing graphics. A variety that I would not necessarily develop on my own. I like that it saves my work and I can bring them up and reuse them or make changes to them.

What do you dislike?

Some art is soft colored and rather plain. Some of the tools are unclear in their use. Saving and re-accessing can be complicated. I struggle to re-find my items. I struggle to find compnents that I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest trying to use this. If you have the time to use "help" go for it. The graphics are eye catching, much easier to do than what comes with your computer.

Having impactful graphics with good resolution. I don't always have to rely on clip art nor finding appropriate permissions for use. I like Canva because it allows me to make creative icons at no cost and I'm consulting a small nonprofit with a near zero budget.

Canva review by MaryAnn J.
MaryAnn J.

"A great platform especially for Higher Education Institutional Promotion"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for users who do not have a design background! Canva also offers a branding setting that allows those using a main (departmental) account to stick with the preferred colors.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike. I do wish that Canva offered a video tutorial on the various tools they offer. It can sometimes be overwhelming trying to figure out how to use a specific tool or setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say go for it! It is a simple yet powerful tool that has the ability to fulfill most of your marketing needs. It is even great for personal use. I have used it on my own account & time to create personal flyers and social media posts. I am a huge fan and advocate for this software.

Brand consistency has been a big issue, and with Canva's brand color settings that issue has been eliminated.

Canva review by Irina M.
Irina M.

"Making fantastic graphic images has become a piece of cake"

What do you like best?

In the past, making a graphic design was a bit of a pain on the neck. But since I discovered Canva, I look forward to more customers that want “original designs”. It’s really cool that Canva´s website gives you the ability to choose from hundreds of templates, all of them filled with beautiful designs and colorful. It’s even cooler that you can choose any of those templates and then make it yours by changing and adding some colorful overlays, and changing and adding other stuff like text and lines. After these easy tweaks, you have an amazing graphic design to sell to your customers.

What do you dislike?

I’m in love with Canva, that’s true, but it’s fair to say that a bit above 12 USD is a bit of a high price for this kind of software. Additionally, when I signed up for Canva’s paid service, I was promised free illustrations and images (which were labelled by the sign “premium”), but it’s really sad to realize that, when you’ve upgraded your account to become a paid member, you still have to pay for those supposedly free images and illustrations for premium members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will make your life easier as a designer (if you’re a restaurant owner, you’ll love Canva to make your menus, cards, and even napkin images)

Canva benefits me because it gives me the tools to make fantastic graphic designs for most of my customers, and all of this takes literally only a few minutes. It doesn’t matter if I’m asked to design brochures, covers, icons, or anything, I can tackle all of that with Canva.

Canva review by Brigitte Y.
Brigitte Y.

"Great Creative Tool for Quick and Small Projects"

What do you like best?

Canva is a great tool for developing presentations and covers for reports and books. When I first came across it, it seemed like an obvious solution. One that would have been really useful say about 10 years ago when many people were setting up their online websites for ecommerce. My favorite part about Canva is that it has measured the banners for popular social media sites. So it simplifies the process in way that doesn’t require multiple checks and updates to make sure the banner you created on your design program will fit. The software’s processes simplify the creative process in so many ways by providing borders, frames, and shapes. Illustrations and images are often free and when you do pay, you can spend as little as a dollar for an image. Monthly fees range about $10, so it’s a very economical choice for those entrepreneurs who are looking to get there websites and social media platforms up quickly, and color palettes, fonts, and generic materials like letterhead for your business. It’s useful in corporate environments when groups are working to create internal sites or materials supporting prototypes. In many ways, I have fallen in love with the platform, and I try to use it with any project that I may be working on such as videos. I’ve noticed many Youtubers, use canva’s designs to overlay an image for the video, or the thumbnail image. . I like that the free option. The platform is very intuitive you can jump right in and start working on your project.

What do you dislike?

Although, Canva is a great creative tool, the issue I have encountered is an inability to do some advanced graphic design. I often use Canva and Picmonkey together in order to get a really good graphical representation for the project that I am working on. However, sometimes, when I am trying to achieve a look, and I know it will take time to do it Adobe Photoshop, I will switch over to Canva instead and follow up with Picmonkey. The text feature can be cumbersome at times when working with longer documents. For instance, I updated a resume in the platform and I was consistently making text blocks and making sure it fit within the document but I couldn’t easily go from one page to the next. Instead, I would duplicate the first page in order to maintain some of the styles. However, I love the look that I was able to achieve and appreciate the printing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see some creative ways Canva has been used by its users as part of newsletter or blog, and the amazing designs they have made. Canva is an application where it’s easy to stay in the box due to its simplicity, but it would be really nice to see how people went beyond and created something unique or came up with some interesting techniques.

The projects I have used Canva for most recently have been for book covers, worksheets, and social media banners and e-portfolio banner. Very good quality images

Canva review by Heather L.
Heather L.

"So much for anyone!"

What do you like best?

I love using canva for all of my businesses and projects! I do have a premium subscription at $13 per month and it's very worth it! I can create one invite for an event and then it formats it for me into a facebook cover, email banner, instagram post, and more. Plus the templates are awesome for when I need more inspiration or just short on time.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the subscription would get me the images that are for sale or at least like a discount for only so many free each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do all your own social graphics, get the premium subscription, it's more than worth it.

I do so much. For my social media it's amazing and I use it for some images on my website too. Plus I can create great looking menus for clients with ease and they feel like a VIP!

Canva review by Lindsey H.
Lindsey H.

"Intuitive, beautiful interface makes creation a breeze"

What do you like best?

Canva is wonderful! I love how easy it is to create beautiful flyers and other creative projects. No knowledge of Photoshop is needed. I love the examples they provide of flyers, cards, business cards, etc. to inspire and enhance your own vision. The fonts are great too. I love how modern and on-trend my designs look using Canva.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there's no filter to find the free graphics. When I search for clip art, I have to weed through a lot of $1 or "pro" options to find a freebie. I understand that Canva has to make money somehow, but it's disappointing that I can't upload my own fonts into the system without being a premium user. I just have to make do with what they already have if I don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's very easy to use, not to mention fun! Just make sure you know what's free and what's not, because at the end you will be prompted to pay before you download your design if you have premium elements in your design.

I introduced my Office Operations team to Canva as a means to create beautiful, appealing flyers for our many office events. Previously, everyone used Word and flyers were a bit lackluster. Now we are able to whip up gorgeous, bold, unique flyers in a jiffy. The graphics are awesome and eye-catching. Employees have noticed too. Our flyers have made events all the more enticing.

Canva review by Jaydev D.
Jaydev D.

"All in One tool for designing"

What do you like best?

Canva is a best designing tool.It can be used to develop almost anything that you can imagine about designing.It has a loads of templates of various graphic designs.You can develop any graphic design like a professional with least knowledge of designing using canva.It helps you design anything with least efforts and by means of drag and drop tools.So Canva is best tool for designing for people like me.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about canva.Though it should have more options for different canvas sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using canva to all the developers who don't have enough skills to use professional products for designing instead use canva that provides you with drag and drop tools to fulfill your designing necessity.It also has various templates of different graphics which can help you.I would suggest canva as a best product for designing.

I have used canva for developing graphic designs by myselves without being relying on other professionals.Before I had to depend on other people for developing my designs due to lack of skills which I can now develop easily with professional's touch.Also it has various templates to guide you with.So it has helped me a lot for designing at work.

Canva review by Isabel G.
Isabel G.

"I recommend it to everyone I know"

What do you like best?

User-friendly, seemingly endless options of designs and templates, I appreciate that you can download as an image (JPG or PNG) and as a PDF (standard or print).

What do you dislike?

I have had some bugs with inserting images, specifically sometimes it tries to insert a picture as a background when really I want it to be a new layer that sits on top of the background. The scrolling feature can be tedious and at times even fails to load. I also dislike that the alignment doesn't have rules, it has guidelines but they sometimes align strangely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Canva to everyone I know! Not only is it easy to use, but it is also very fun! The best way to learn how to use it is to keep practicing and playing with it. Their blogs are also quite informative and can teach you more about graphic design tips.

Created image assets with consistent branding & design quickly, which saves a lot of time and effort. You can share designs and have other users make changes so that others can collaborate.

Canva review by Lauren O.
Lauren O.

"Canva revolutionizes graphic design"

What do you like best?

IT'S SO EASY. And quick. I'm the graphic designer for my organization and very frequently use Canva for templates, social media design, email marketing, all of the things. It's wonderful.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were rulers and guidelines sometimes, that the thin lines were easier to create and move, that you could create a gradient in the background, that the photo frames were more flexible, and that things could line up/lock into place a bit better (sometimes they're a couple of pixels off). For all that Canva does offer, however, I really can't complain too much even about these things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it!

Very, very quick design turnaround. I'm actually currently redesigning all of our organization's brochures using because I need to create templates for each department. The information can change pretty quickly, and having access to Canva with something as easy as a Facebook login makes it easily accessible and intuitive for non graphic designers.

Canva review by Kathryn H.
Kathryn H.

"Canva for social media"

What do you like best?

It's quicker than Photoshop for fast social media graphics and with the templates in place with drag and drop features to customize it takes a lot less effort than designing on your own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of central themes that span across several mediums so that you can create a package of graphics that matches for various platforms. I also wish they had more options for multiple photos used in one graphic. Also, their reports are almost all in A4 size with no option to change to letter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no risk in trying the software as it's free and you can decide if you like the results by simply making something. Because it's online and template based you can check it out in a relatively short amount of time. I suggest you decide first what you will be using it for, however, as you have to start from the social platform you're intending to use this for when first selecting the template from the menu.

With limited staff we are able to do more with less. Likewise, the user need only have some eye for design, not a degree or background in editing software which makes it much more accessible than the traditional method of putting together these materials. It is slightly lacking in abilities to edit photos but you can do a lot with less and less money because it is open, free and online.

Canva review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Canva - Graphic Design for Pros & Amateurs"

What do you like best?

Fully cstomizable templates for all kinds of print/online jobs

Ability to add teams and have multiple users on an account

Simplified interface with fonts and images readily available

Android & iOS apps for design are great for quick on the go graphic design

The iPad app is the full canva experience with some exclusive features

The hidden logo design tab is just genius for a quick logo design on the fly

What do you dislike?

Shapes & formatting tools lack depth

Templates on mobile devices tend to vary from those on the web app

iOS & Android apps do not allow users to create graphics with a blank canvas (template)

Importing fonts can be tedious especially for Brand Kits

The magical resize tool is good but creates some confusing responsive design at times.

File layout on the home page could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a graphic design solution that is easy to learn and use, give Canva a try. It is the best online graphic design tool available in my opinion. It has its kinks so do not expect perfection but if you can cross the learning curve you will be able to design some awesome graphics.

As avid users of Adobe suite of products, we needed a tool that could create simple but profound social media graphics without the need to manually design from scratch. Canva helped us improve our workflow and create more better graphics for ourselves and our clients by using templates for inspiration. The addition of a brand kit tool saved us time when starting new graphics for different use cases.

Canva review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Canva!!"

What do you like best?

1-The variety: Canva offers you and amply catalogue of templates that you can work with, that it's just amazing, and they look very professional.

2-Is very user-friendly: Is a very well work software, very complete and easy to use. Besides that when you firts enter they guide you and teach you how to use it, that is very appealing for the user, because you learn how to use it.

3-You can do anything with this: I've made so many things with this software, and It goes from presentation, letters, banner ads, or even logos, everything that you want to design canva gives to you. The software easy adapts to every request that I want.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be a little hard for me to upload a picture. And when I save my design the quality is not the same as It shows me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When It's about designs I recommend canva with my eyes closed, is a very professional software that gives to you quality designs, and the best part is that you don't need to be an expert graphic designer to use it, canva basically makes you one.

I've been using canva for more than 2 years, and I never thought about changing It or had any real problem with the software. I've made a lot of things with this, and as I mentioned before, It goes from bussiness letters to my co-workers, or banner ads for some product, to presentations, and there are so others that I didn't used it yet. In my work I receive a lot of compliments of my designs, and I always say that I use canva to do it, the recognized and improves of my work is one of the biggest benefits that canva do for me.

Canva review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"In love with it since my graduation days!"

What do you like best?

The sheer variety of elements you get and the ease-of-use. Usually, startups or any business with stretched resources tend to overlook intangible but important elements like brand consistency. But, because canva makes it so easy to create consistent collaterals that businesses can afford to not ignore these elements.

What do you dislike?

I would say it's a great creation tool but not a great editing tool. So, if they could add some editing features it'll become the go-to tool for graphics for anyone or everyone but a designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel the need to have a more consistent online image for your business or for yourself without having to spend a fortune on the pro tools than this tool can help you get that. Also, if the designer in your team is always too occupied then you can ease him/her by asking your team to do some simple tasks using canva.

I essentially use canva to quickly turnaround simpler graphic collaterals for various social media, email marketing, and web platforms. I have realized that it saves time and essentially allow me to move campaigns on my own without bugging the designer for every small need.

Canva review by Christy L.
Christy L.

"Easy to use graphics and customization"

What do you like best?

- it's free

- it's simple to use

- it comes with a lot of preset templates (infographics, social media banners or graphics, filters for images)

- typographical presets are trendy and tasteful

What do you dislike?

- sometimes when you export, text gets shifted and it's not how you set it up

- quality of jpgs are low

- there's no undo button (unless you pay)

- moving layers back or front is a hassle

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Canva gives you the right resources to create some amazing pieces

- Don't create very content heavy pieces in Canva as it will freeze and you'll lose some or all of your work even if it saves.

- we can easily create pieces from pdfs for clients, internal training timelines and graphs, flyers for clients on the go, leaving more complicated pieces to our graphic designer

- we have the flexibility to try different styles and see what works for our brand, constantly evolving the look of our pieces.

Canva review by Franco C.
Franco C.

"Easy to use and ready to go design software"

What do you like best?

I was super surprised by the incredible Canva. You can choose from hundreds of templates, save all your graphics in it, modify them as you need and access to them from wherever you want, since it's cloud based. All the templates provided are fully customizable, with fonts, shapes and colours. You can even set your business colors and logo that you can use in every project.

What do you dislike?

You do not have a search bar for templates and elements. So you have to scroll all the way through to find the one you like or that can fit the project. You also have to verify every time that the last changes were saved by Canva. Sometimes I lost work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will improve your presence with Canva. it will helps you to have professional graphics for free and with no problems. Try it, the free version offers you all the main feats.

I can create for myself and for my company great and visual graphics. I've no longer the needs to hire a pro for small projects. Thanks to the templates I save my times simply changing fonts type and words. I do not even need to change colors.

Canva review by Bakari C.
Bakari C.

"My only solution for graphic layouts"

What do you like best?

I've been using Canva for a few years now, and it is the only application I need for the various graphic designs I create for my websites and other projects. Canva replaced the need for using Photoshop. Canva has a great assortment of template designs and graphic elements for nearly any type of design project. I like how assessable the tools are, and it even allows for layering objects below and above one another. About two years agoI signed up for the company plan because it makes it easier to design and manage layouts. Canva also has a really great design tutorials for using the tools and learning about good design techniques.

What do you dislike?

I hardly use the stock photos because they are so generic and lacking in racial diversity. I also wish that Canva made it possible to select in favor design templates because it takes too much time to browse through the hundreds of designs they offer. It is also very difficult to search for design templates according to topics. It's easy to search for design elements but not design templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend new users of Canva to check out their online tutorials. There only about a dozen features that you need to learn.

Canva makes it easy for me to open its online application and create designs for my websites and other projects. I can also quickly duplicate a layout and make custom changes with little or no hassle. Using Canva instead of Photoshop or some other desktop application means that I don't have to worry about downloading application updates or dealing with technical issues. I also like how Canva includes layout for the various social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter.

Canva review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"Produce like a graphic designer without the skills "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to use. You don't need any design experience to produce graphics that look professional and captivating. So long as you provide you own photos, your finished graphic is free. I love the versatility of design options. You can create everything from beautiful posters and brochures, to social media graphics and PowerPoints within minutes. Canva takes the guesswork out of designing the perfect graphic.

What do you dislike?

There are only two features I dislike about Canva: layers and colors. First, about the layers. It's extremely frustrating when you're trying to select the background but the top layer (typically a text box) is automatically selected. When this happens, you're forced to move all layers away to get to the one you want. Second, about saving colors. Unless you pay for Canva for Work (which my organization is currently considering), you cannot save your hex codes. Rather, you must enter them in each and every time.

I love that Canva is free and there's no need to train new team members on it. I can give them my login info or have them create their own in minutes. After poking around for a few minutes, anyone can begin to make their own designs. Extremely user-friendly. Our organization is currently looking into the paid Canva for Work plan where we can save all projects in one place including our hex codes.

Canva review by Ravi S.
Ravi S.

"Amazing photoshop replacement"

What do you like best?

It has served the best replacement for photoshop for the users like me who dont require those advanced tools for editing any image or developing any art.It is cloud based and also available in a free version.All your data is on cloud so it is best not to backup your data every time.The tools that canva provide to develop is literally large in number.You can develop posters,presentations,visiting cards and what not.Using canva will really make you believe that it is a perfect replacement for nascent users.

What do you dislike?

As I said canva is cloud based so whenever internet connectivity is slow it is really a heck to access the file which is a flaw of canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using canva because it will help you easily develop your designs with least haze.Because canva is not that kind of software that requires professional training,it is for the mid tier users who have to fulfill their daily needs of designing without being depending on others.

I use canva to develop posters and presentations regularly for various product demonstrations.I have used canva for much time and I would tell that no other tool will provide such abundent amount of templates for almost all types of design.Canva has really made my work easy.

Canva review by Allison W.
Allison W.

"Very useful and easy to use! Great for graphics!"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many useful features that are free and that you can pay to have it remember your branding font and colors! I like the ease of use and that I can easily manipulate and copy graphics to create content quickly! There are also features to create business cards, slide shows, documents, etc. I also like that everything is saved online so I don't have to use up valuable space on my computer.

What do you dislike?

That many of the graphic components are no longer free. However, it is easy to upload clipart and other images if needed! It can be inconvenient when downloading multiple images at once. You either need to download as a zip or download them individually. It is also inconvenient that they automatically go to downloads and you can't save them directly to the file you want. Minor inconveniences, but does take extra time! I also wish that PNGs could be downloaded with a transparent background without being a paid user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Canva for making easy graphics that can be shared across devices. You can also make projects public so that others can use it as well. I find that more complicated projects are better done with other programs, but this is definitely a great resource that I use almost daily!

Easily creating graphics that are perfect for creating online engagement. I use them for everything from engagement posts, Facebook cover photos, promotional material, and more!

Canva review by Ava F.
Ava F.

"How Do I Live Without Canva?"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Canva is to use and that it's right there in my browser in seconds with a ton of things I can make in matter of a few minutes. It has everything from stock images to clip art illustrations to take my designs to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I used the free version of Canva for 3 years and just recently upgraded to using Canva for business with no regrets. I used to think how dumb it would be to pay for Canva with all the things I could do with the free version until I took them up on their trial offer. Once the trial was over, I could live without features like all the additional free images, transparent PNGs, and resize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a drag and drop design solution that you or your team can learn in a day, Canva is that solution. There's nothing to download except your designs.

I'm able to create professional and colorful graphics with a few mouse clicks. It breathes new life into my blog as well as my social media. I've even used it to complete similar work for my clients.

Canva review by Dheeraj D.
Dheeraj D.

"Great Designing Tool"

What do you like best?

Canva is a best designing tool.It works great for even begineers like me in designing.Using canva you can design your own presentation with your own customizations with much ease of use through various features provided by canva.You can also create your own poster,image art and many other designing items.Canva serves best by providing all such things at free of cost and also all the data is saved safely on their servers.Canva is a all in one tool for designing for begineers.

What do you dislike?

I am a begineer using this prouct and I have found it much useful just if it would allow transferring of the file to different other formats would make it more adorable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using canva because I was also using other products for designing but I also started using this product because it is best product for all sorts of designing solutions.And finally it is free.

I use canva for several uses like developing presentations,posters,image arts.I used different products for developing the same but when I came to know about canva I started using it and found it as the best product which gives you ability to design everything.

Canva review by Natalie C.
Natalie C.

"Canva!"

What do you like best?

1-Diversity: the diversity that have canva is such an amazing think, like you can do so many things with this software, that is just the perfect tool, thanks to the form that canva adapts to everything.

2-The interface is so quick and easy that makes the experience with canva even better, is very well design.

3-The templates are so freaking gorgeous and professional, which makes your work more beautiful an eye-catching.

4-The design of Canva is beautiful, the colors, the menus, the words, the templates everything is just perfect. I really really love it.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that I have with canva is that they should put bigger photo range, this represents a problem for me.

The rest, my experience have been very well, I don't have any other complaint with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's so many things that canva has to offer you, that it really worth it. If you have the chance of try it, do it, canva is one of the best softwares that I've ever tried.

Trust me, you won't regret!

Canva is such a master in offer me very well designs to make banners ads because of my work. Since I've been using it, making banners, presentations or cards (is what I use it for most) is so entertaining, like I really really enjoy doing my work. Besides that I receive so many compliments about my works, it really helps to improve in the quality of what I'm doing.

Canva review by Samantha C.
Samantha C.

"Canva is the best application for non-designers & designers to setup for clients"

What do you like best?

Canva is extremely easy to use for designers and non-designers alike. Small clients also love that they can use for free and I LOVE that I can create consistency for client graphic application.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that I can't organize assets further after upload. And on the all designs page/view I would really prefer that assets again be organized by type/folder I've placed them in.

It would be nice to have the ability to connect and upload directly to social media platforms directly.

Clients generally don't know how to apply their branding / graphic look and feel consistently across social media platforms. Canva also helps by giving clients a free /online platform for creating graphics and using assets created by designers for their brand. The ease of access, and w/out having to have design know-how ( or pay for ) or access to other creative applications like Adobe is really great!

Canva review by Jessie J.
Jessie J.

"Canva is an easy to use online design program"

What do you like best?

I love the templates that are included with Canva. I can select a template and edit it to design whatever I want. I love that they have the preset templates for social media sites as well. No more googling what size images I need to create. Canva does it for me!

What do you dislike?

I wish the paid images were slightly less expensive to purchase. Or that Canva offered sales like "Buy 4 images for $1" instead of charging $1 per image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with re-designing a few of the pre-set templates to see how to use Canva at first. Don't try to be a perfectionist with your first design and reference some of the templates to get an idea of what colors look good together and what fonts look good together.

I use Canva to create flyers for our office. I use it to create birthday cards for employees as well. Instead of having to go to a store to purchase a card I can create on on Canva and print it out on cardstock in the office.

Canva review by Drew W.
Drew W.

"Canva for work works. "

What do you like best?

Simplicity. This is like working with cut paper. There is nothing fancy about Canva, but it is great for building banner ads. You just lay everything out and in about 15 minutes, you can have an awesome looking design. You can then change the dimensions and share that file with clients or team members. Anyone can pick this up, do the tutorial and start making awesome stuff.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the service locks up or the page won't load - that can be frustrating when you are trying to make last minute changes and need to meet dead lines. I do wish there was an offline mode/app/

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free tool - you have no reason not to pick this up and try this out. All you have to do is make an account. It not the end all be all design tool out there - but if you need a good tool to do simple design work - this is it.

I design banner ads for our customers, but I am not a 1 on 1 graphic designer for those customers. Canva allows me to create a base add and then pass that design off to a rep working with the customer or pass the ad to the customer directly. This has streamlined our design process and allows us to design for more customers more efficiently.

Canva review by Shruti A.
Shruti A.

"All in one cloud Designing tool"

What do you like best?

Canva is a cloud based designing tool that helps you satisfy basic requirements of all premium designer softwares like photoshop,powerpoint,animation softwares and many other things.Canva has a set of pre designed templates which can directly be imported to your workspace and modified according to your usage.I have personally designed poster for my product,presentations and also some basic day to day designing like letter heads,visiting cards and much more.Canva is a great tool which is also available in free version.

What do you dislike?

Canva is better than any other tool because of large number of productive features it provides.No dislikes for canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva can be recommended for creating classic presentations,posters,visiting cards,letter heads and even animations.So no other tool either online or offline will provide you with such a large scope.Canva is definitely recommended All in one designer tool.

As I mentioned I have used canva for developing posters and presentations mainly and some other features occasionally.Canva has helped me develop posters for my project publication and presentation developing very easily and also it saves as you go.Canva therefore is a better solution than any other software

Canva review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"canva is the best."

What do you like best?

The diversity that canva offers is amazing, I use it as much as to make advertising banners as well as to make a card. It is a software that adapts easily to anything I want to do and that is something that in previous software I had not seen, which makes canva is more unique.

What do you dislike?

Although Canva offers many tools that are of great help, I think that they should offer more free items, to make the experience a little more complete. As well as make it easier to upload and image quickly, that for me has been a real problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend canva a lot because is a great tool that helps you to improve your work and make it look more sophisticated and professional, without having an actually knowledge in graphic design.

I use a lot of Canva, as I mentioned before I use the software too much, it adapts very easily to what I want. For example, due to my work, I need to make advertising banners, all I do with canva. I even use it to make bussines cards, and those are some of the many tools that I use.

Canva review by Abbie M.
Abbie M.

"Canva makes great ads!"

What do you like best?

I love the templates available and the ease of drop-and-drag to create marketing campaigns for social media. Canva allows you to use their free or for-purchase templates to create catchy ads. I particularly like the font combinations. I love that this is an ap and that I can use it with my ipad or iphone.

What do you dislike?

There are just a few free templates and the for-purchase templates mix in so it can be difficult to find the free templates quickly. Also, the resolution of the jpgs are not high quality so the images created do not always look great on a web page or printed material. But the images are great for social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free templates, easy to use, free app, works great with ipad and can easily share ads on social media. There are limited free templates and the exported files work best on social media, not on a website.

Quick social media advertising for our dance studio classes-the templates save a lot of design time. I have been able to quickly design ads with Canva's templates rather than starting from square one in a design program or even Microsoft word. I have yet to explore the for-purchase elements but imagine Canva can do even more that I currently understand.

Canva review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Free helpful experience for creating my cd album"

What do you like best?

I like that even though the premium account goves you more design options, you can still create a professional album cover without having to need the knowledge of illustrator. My current EP cover was created with Canva. I plan to use it again!

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that if you want to change the dimensions of the album cover, you must upgrade to a premium account. Artists put so much money to produce the album, and the artwork. Having to pay to put a design together if you want an album jacket or an LP, certainly makes the marketing financially more difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for someone who isn’t too design savvy, but wants to create album covers or marketing to help promote their business

I use it to create simple album artwork without having to figure out adoby illustrator or another design program. It helps me create artwork without needing to pay to take class. It also helps me play with ideas for marketing and lets me save photo designs that I can use via socal media to entice fans.

Canva review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"Fantastic Free Graphic Editing"

What do you like best?

Canva has been my go-to tool for making graphics when they need to be slightly more advanced than Pablo can handle. I've used the paid and free version and my wife (a teacher) also uses it to design infographs, etc. It's free, easy to use, and accessible anywhere since it's online.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about it! There are plenty of options for the free version that I don't feel the need to upgrade, but if I were to it would also be a good investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using it for a number of years, I've recommended it to my wife and others, if you're looking for a great free + online option for image / graphic editing, I think Canva is a super place to start.

Canva gives me a fantastic free way to make my website, videos, and social media look better.

Canva review by Veronica N.
Veronica N.

"Beautiful designs in minutes and always available"

What do you like best?

Canva has a lot of incredible features I love using all of them but I can say my favorite one is ready to use templates (aka templates). Canva always has an amazing template that matches my design style and needs and the best part is I can customize them by using my Brand colors and favorite fonts. In addition to this, the complete free resources gallery full of very useful icons, stickers, pictures, shapes, lines, and dynamic graphs. Also, they have a photo gallery at very affordable prices. I cannot forget to mention that Canva is an ONLINE tool, so my designs go with me wherever I go.

What do you dislike?

It took me a time to decide what I really dislike of the tool, because overall I am very happy with the features and probably the only thing I really don't like is that even when the tool saves automatically your work, sometimes when I am working in something that needs time and have to leave for some minutes, to take my lunch for example, or really just close the Mac for a second, and surprisingly my changes are not there or there's a bad connection and I have to refresh the browser and last changes are not there. This happened to me few times but could be frustrating, especially if you are not very familiarized with cloud tools like Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is the best if you need to create hundreds of designs for social media posting, it has layouts with the perfect size and beautiful templates ready to use.

Basically, all my designing needs are solved with Canva, from a simple logo to my pics for the everyday posting on social media also the collaterals, everything related to design is there and is what I need to support commercial activities. I would like to mention one special day that Canva helped me to overpass the customer expectations. I was at the customer premises delivering a product when the printing services called me to request an unexpected change to the "final design version 10" of some business cards the client needed for the next day. My computer was not with me and came back to my office at 6pm was not an option. So I just requested my client for a computer with internet, log in into Canva, did the changes and sent the PDF ready to print in minutes. My client could not believe I solved his problem and he got his cards as expected. This is probably the most exciting feature of Canva, my designs are with me anywhere!

Canva review by Melanie B.
Melanie B.

"If you don't know much about design, this is your tool"

What do you like best?

All the templates and how easy it is to use this solution. From business cards to powerpoint presentations, possibilities are endless. I would say that for community management it is straight up perfect. You also have an image bank link to it and you can purchase assets for $1 in order to make any design truly your own.

What do you dislike?

If you are a real designer, this solution can be limited, but that's pretty much it. Even then, you have space to create and you can start any design from a blank canvas (where the names come from I suppose).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it is free and the paying option for company completely worth it. You can implement all kind of rules across your company to keep some kind of sense to the brand image (as you can determine the fonts, colours and upload your logos and other documents and templates if you need to)

For any quick presentation, I need to put together, as well as any social posts. It saves me literally hours, and all of my work looks really professional, I always got good reactions from my customers or my superiors.

Canva review by Audrey R.
Audrey R.

"Easy application for simple graphics creation and storage"

What do you like best?

I like that it stores all my designs online so I can access them anytime, anywhere. I like that there are tons of free images, graphics and fonts available through the program, or I can upload my own. I love that it comes with a million free design templates that I can use as-is or as a starting point for my own design.

What do you dislike?

There is extremely little flexibility on what you can do with text. Honestly, you can do more in MS Word, or a free phone app like TextGram. I also think their filters tool is very basic. I have cooler filters on free image editing apps on my phone! But I can't create large complex posters on my phone, so I use Canva. I like that they have tons of free clipart-type graphics and frames, but they are really inflexible when it comes to things like resizing. You can't change the thickness or the aspect ratio of a frame, for example. You can only resize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, you might as well try it. Adobe Spark is another one I use, also free and web-based, but with about the same amount of limitations.

I don't have access to my Adobe Creative Suite right now, due to technical difficulties, so I'm using Canva for all graphic design. I love that it's free, but it is pretty basic. I have to get really creative to get what's in my head onto the screen, considering I'm used to using CS.

Canva review by Raj S.
Raj S.

"Cloud Graphoc Designing tool"

What do you like best?

Canva is the next gen cloud graphic designing tool that offers to create any sort of graphical designing without any professional experience about designing.You can create posters,letter heads,presentations,instagram posts and counting.Canva also has a reservoir of templates with which you can easily develop any designing by using that template.Canva is also free for personal usage so it has so many great features.

What do you dislike?

Canva is not a thing to dislike,using canva you can create all types of designs,no other tool gives you so much features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Canva is recommended cloud and free tool for developing all sorts of designs and also your design are saved on the cloud and you can access them anywhere through canva.com.It is the next gen graphic design tool.

We are using canva at work for developing various graphic designs such as social graphics,presentations,Logos,etc.We use canva daily for small small requirements of graphic design.Canva has enabled us not to hire any professional for graphic designing instead we ourselves are easily able to do so.

Canva review by Anais L.
Anais L.

"Canva is a useful, paid online service"

What do you like best?

What’s really nice is that Canva is very easy to use, so easy that any newbie to design can make amazing things with it. Let me give you a good example, if I want to create an awesome card or poster, then the only thing I need to do is select one of the various image templates that are available on Canva, select it, and then print it on my desired material. It’s also very good that I can delete the text on that card or poster, add mine, and then I have a personalized kind of work. I love that Canva gives me the ability to do this with ease.

What do you dislike?

What´s not nice is that Canva tries tempts you to use their online image service by showing you all of the nice images and features you see there. And once you´ve been convinced, then you start using Canva and, when you choose a template, you can see that there´s a water mark for all of the templates you choose (as well as a strange grid) and if you want to remove it, you need to buy a subscription. I believe that this is a bit dishonest, and that Canva would need to state this in a message before you start using the service. I mean, I have the premium Canva service and it´s great, but people should be warned that they won´t be able to use the images they create.

The best benefit I can get out of Canva is convenience, as I can just lay back and relax if my clients order card designs, posters, or any type of stylish for any occasion. Canva has my back covered when it comes to making an image for any client (and even for myself) as it does all of the hard job, and I just enjoy the benefits and pay.

Canva review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Amazing for the graphically challenged and for quick image editing"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this platform is amazing. You honestly don't need a tutorial even though I believe they give you one. You can create all sorts of media with it and it auto-populates the correct size for commonly used sizes - presentations, infographics, and social media. Additionally, they supply tons of free stock photos and illustrations (icons) for you to use.

What do you dislike?

They are a newer company and they still have some things to figure out. A lot of the shapes cannot be reformatted in certain directions and that means you can use them in your design. There is no way to sort out free photos and icons from the ones you have to pay for which means you have to scroll through tons to find a free version of what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a great and easy to use tool that you should be aware of even if you have a graphic designer on staff.

We create a lot of our content with Canva. It is just so easy and everything is stored in one place for everyone to access. I would love it if more than one person could make changes at once (like Google Docs). We make social media posts and ads in seconds with the easy to use image layouts.

Canva review by Jordan H.
Jordan H.

"Quality software, poor support."

What do you like best?

Canva has a lot of great features for marketers like myself that makes it easy for me to put together digital marketing materials for our website, blog, social media, email marketing, or other digital marketing content (ebooks/whitepapers/etc.). Overall Canva is very intuitive and does what I need it to.

What do you dislike?

Canva makes it impossible to contact support directly. Their support knowledgebase answers some questions, but nowhere do they list a phone number/email address. Even on their main website, they have no 'Contact Us' page or form anywhere. It is extremely frustrating if you are looking for answers and just want to speak to a real human.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful tool at a reasonable price, but don't expect good support.

Canva provides me with an affordable tool for developing digital marketing materials. The price is reasonable, there are lots of free materials within the software, and it's ease-of-use makes it a real time-saving tool.

Canva review by Norka F.
Norka F.

"Presentations instantly."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Canva is that it is not a software for desktop version, this brings a certain advance and brings excellent benefits as we can quickly access the web and do everything we want to do without waiting for long periods of time to load each of the components of the PC software, I still think that the web version is much faster and although we can not access it when we do not have an internet connection, likewise it is still the best for all the good features it represents in its interface.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this program has such ugly designs, I have seen that Canva is almost free software that has prices and I think that is the reason why they do not offer so many variety of colors or designs to be applied in presentations or slides. perform. This software is either cheap or have to raise its subscription price a little, they should implement more variety for the good of the program, so that it is better considered and more people are using the software for better purposes of work and implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to companies that are interested in trying new methods of working with the presentations and slides they make, and those that want to try new designs and colors. Since with this software, they will fulfill those requirements.

The use of this program has benefited a lot in my company, because we have managed to make very fast slides and present them instantly without any interruption or any error. This program is excellent and has yielded results immediately without waiting for long periods of time.

Canva review by Treena Nicole F.
Treena Nicole F.

"Best Free Design Tool"

What do you like best?

Canvas has a large assortment of design templates to choose from. I love that I can use Canva for everything from social media posts, to flyers, to official trifold brochures for my business. There is a variety of options and each is easy to edit. I love that I can create professional-looking graphics for free. Canva even lets you print to PDF with crop bleed marks so documents can be sent for professional printing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not a good ruler option, so this makes aligning multiple items in a document difficult. I have ended up having to print documents several times to get a good view of alignment. The search function is not very useful either, making it difficult to really narrow down the massive library of template and accessory options to get exactly what I need.

With Canva I have been able to create professionally printed trifold brochures for my business. I have also created graphics for Instagram and Facebook posts, business cards, and flyers. Canva really is quick and easy to use, and the amount of free content is very large. The paid content is also pretty affordable.

Canva review by Daniele S.
Daniele S.

"A real graphic tool for your work"

What do you like best?

Canva is easy to use, in fact thanks to the many templates that they offer you, you really do not need to know anything about professional design. The finished product is really professional and can improve your graphic designs. Especially for your social content you can access to right dimensions files with many templates ready to use. You can easily customize the all thing with fonts and shapes and images following your needs.

What do you dislike?

You can use it for free, but many graphics and templates avaible on the platform aren't free. There are no more big issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app can give credibility to your business or social media channel. Trust me, Canva can completely change the perception that people have of your business. Try it, it's free.

I've to say that since I'm an Adobe fan at a first step I was dubious about Canva. I don't even want to try it. But now with Canva I save my time and money. I use it for any graphic that have to go online and for any little project that I've to print.