Canvas Network

Canvas Network is an index of open online courses from Ivy Leagues to community colleges. Anyone can sign up to take a course for free.

Work for Canvas Network?

Learning about Canvas Network?

Canvas Network Reviews

Ask Canvas Network a Question
Showing 15 Canvas Network reviews
Canvas Network review by <span>NM O.</span>
NM O.

I used Canvas for Everything!

What do you like best?

Canvas is a Learning Management System/Software where educators can host their online courses. There are Canvas sites for k-12 and colleges, and there is a free site where educators can host free courses. There really is nothing I can say to complain about Canvas Network. The company does great job keeping the software up-to-date and allowing users a system that involves them in the development of new features for the site. Canvas allows you to do everything from create outcomes and objectives for your course, to setting up assignments and assessments to measure against those goals. Canvas makes grading easy, and again, aligning your grades to your learning objectives is easy. You can create quizzes and assignments right on the site, or upload them from a computer. There is a great communication system set up for teachers and students to discuss assignments grades or anything else. You really have all of the things a teacher would need in the classroom right on the Canvas Network and site.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. There are always features that need improvement or something that would make more sense if added to one page as oppose to another, or other examples like that. However, all of those things can be addressed directly to Canvas on the Canvas community page. There other community members can decide if the issue needs a fix, if enough say so, Canvas will start the process to change the feature.

publishing and authoring online courses to a platform that is open to the public. Our university was using the Canvas platform, but we wanted to offer inline courses to professionals outside of our university network, so the Canvas network's free canvas website allows us to offer classes off=campus for free.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Canvas Network
Canvas Network review by <span>Ian M.</span>
Ian M.

Excellent platform for delivering free courses

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use and the support from Canvas is great. hey help you all the way and provide good guidance and checklist to achieve the best outcomes. They have excellent course website to promote your free courses.

What do you dislike?

The course has to be delivered using their style sheets which can be a little limiting if you require a different looking course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it is great

We have created and run free courses on this site which has generated new customers joining our paid for offerings.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Canvas Network review by <span>Jinlu Y.</span>
Jinlu Y.

Efficient online classroom

What do you like best?

As a student, I have encountered many terrible online academic platforms, but Canvas is actually quite nice. It has a sleek UI without the typical clutter, and I can access my class materials very easily. My class meets in person, but it does have some online portions that we need to complete, like taking quizzes and watching videos that are easily done in Canvas. I also like that Canvas has an internal messaging system that allows teachers to send emails from Canvas to students, so I have a central place to look at all announcements.

What do you dislike?

Canvas should allow for some customizability, such as re-arranging links and widgets and collapsing the side panels. I would also like to see more third-party integrations, such as with Dropbox and Trello.

I get a better online academic experience out of Canvas than any previous system.

Canvas Network review by <span>Juan Fernando V.</span>
Juan Fernando V.

Premium Support, Human People, Needs will be met

What do you like best?

The Canvas Network Service Canvas Network is not just a PaaS or SaaS for LMS is also a team that serves you and is very diligent. Either to enter or take courses to make one request. They take care of the details, have style manuals, extensive documentation and a repository to connect with various tools and APIs that make the online experience of studying up to another level. It is not just software, it is also service, people who care about your this comfortable and have peace of mind when making things. If necessary they will contact you personally on your phone and are of an agile response and precise in their emails. The people behind this service are trained with a tendency to give good service and the best of them. No doubt, you're in good company.

What do you dislike?

I would suggest more information, more documentation and more people who speak Spanish.

Also although personally I prefer to Canvas that its flow is more logical but sometimes is not necessarily so friendly.

Should add some pre-templates for their courses that allow people to take courses that will be implemented faster information and course content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FirstAs a Manager Course Canvas Network:

Think of Quality and Reliability

Thinking Ahead

Plan your course like a project

Keep organized information

It uses the same tools that offers Canvas Network

Keep in mind the suggestions that make you people Canvas Network

Use a local installation of Canvas LMS that will help you make better use of the platform with less rework

Canvas Network is not suitable for people who do not want to provide quality content and formatted correctly

If you are as a student you must be a little self-read tips and be proactive because the level of control offered canvas network in the LMS is vertical, however you can educate yourself and really get to learn something contents and courses are very well selected.

Although other LMS platforms, these appear to MOOCs CMS adapted. I think canvas was designed from the start as an educational platform that meets standards and integrates according to market needs. Currently in my company I have a Canvas LMS installed and works great, I've seen the courses Canvas Network, and people have good comments that streamlines work and makes much more logical information in this riding. I needed to mount a MOOC on Smart Cities and instead of putting it in Coursera or Edx or any other platform with a Moodle LMS or CMS adapted some, I preferred the seriousness and reliability and ease that offers "Canvas Network".

Canvas Network review by <span>Marina T.</span>
Marina T.

Canvas facilitates my online learning.

What do you like best?

Canvas provides a user friendly platform for professors to provide online learning to their students. Students and teachers can communicate on many levels including communication of comments on graded assignments and discussion boards.

What do you dislike?

The set up is done by the professor and each professor sets things up a bit differently. This makes it a little bit difficult when navigated through a new course provided by a different professor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to facilitate online learning at your university, Canvas provides what you need. You an personalize everything using your logo.

The benefits allow me to obtain an online degree from my home or office without traveling to a campus. Also, I can further my education while keeping my job.

Canvas Network review by <span>Benjamin G.</span>
Benjamin G.

Have explored and used courses offered on the network.

What do you like best?

The breadth of courses offered and the modularity of the courses. A great number of courses on the Canvas Network vary from most of the other MOOCs that I have seen in that they cover a tighter area of interest and therefore can be more tailored to your interests and fit your schedule easier.

What do you dislike?

The rigid timeframes of the courses. Canvas is such a flexible CMS, I don't understand why more of the courses are not open entry and open exit. This is something that prevents me from using the Canvas Network more, especially in my own teaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Similar to EdX, but with less prestigious universities represented. I haven't hosted a course on Canvas Network, but am interested in doing so in the future as a way of increasing my personal exposure.

The biggest bonus for me has been my own personal improvement and knowledge expansion. I have referred a couple of students to specific courses, but I have not verified if they ever enrolled in those courses.

Learning about Canvas Network?

* We monitor all Canvas Network reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.