CardConnect

CardConnect is a service provider of electronic transaction processing services.

Work for CardConnect?

Learning about CardConnect?

CardConnect Reviews

Ask CardConnect a Question
Showing 5 CardConnect reviews
CardConnect review by Administrator

"I would RUN no Walk to anyone else"

What do you like best?

There was no benefit to this company. I had no choice they bought my contract.

What do you dislike?

I am so upset with this company. Never have I been so deceived by a so called legitimate business. I have been in business for 20 years and I have had other merchant vendors and have never had an issue in the past. ON December 15th, 2017 I received a letter that my contract was bought by Cardconnect and I would be charged a fee of $199 if I continued service past 12/31/2017. Ridiculous to receive 15 days notice of erroneous fees for a contract they decided to purchase. I then looked elsewhere and found a merchant who was nearly $90 less per month and decided to cancel. I sent in my cancellation letter so avoid my $199 fee. I have no contract and my documents do NOT state a cancellation fee and I am charged almost $500 to my checking account as a deposit that was debited out of my account and rantings from my sales person that I was charged fees for cancelling. How is it possible that I am to be charged $199 if I continue with the buy out and then I cancel as indicated as choice and I am charged nearly $500 for cancelling. I own all my equipment outright I have no contract and I never committed to this company. This is outrageous. I don’t care how nice any review is on this page read all the BAD ONES and be mindful of how they will charge you and STEAL YOUR Hard earned money. This company is crooked all the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RUN

None

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CardConnect
CardConnect review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Could have a better API, but can significantly reduce credit card fees"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we have a lower fee than stripe and that it's broken out by credit card type rather than just charged a flat fee for all cards. The end of month reports are so in depth and can tell you a lot about your customers based on their CCs.

What do you dislike?

Their documentation is the worst. We made a very large error where we charged a user an erroneous amount because the API treats decimal and non decimal values as dollars vs. pennies. You would think something that important would be mentioned in the documentation, but it's not. Also their error codes are terrible. Also you need to have zip codes for AMEX cards or they may be declined for no reason. Wish there was better support and explanation for these things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to put on your detective hat if you need to find a charge

Credit card fees are just a part of running a business, but if you're doing volume you should take advantage of lowering those.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

CardConnect review by <span>Gary S.</span>
Gary S.

"Sr. Backend Developer"

What do you like best?

We switched to this product from a competitor mainly to handle our B2B portion of the business and expand the B2C options. Overall it's working well for both sides.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong term. There are things that can indeed be improved upon.

Transitioning over from a fully working processor with options to card connect with less options took more time than expected. Not having a simplified .Net API and requiring the user to really roll their own. We need to make like 7 total call types...

The usability of the web site in terms of reconciliation users/general users is lacking in a few areas, namely search functionality and information on the particular transaction. Most information is there if we hunt around for it, but we shouldn't have to. There is a lot of general bells and whistles when it comes to display (like making it very bootstrapish). Honestly a simple grid would make it easier to read, and scrolling down on ever page to get to the information when there is technically real estate available is one complaint I've heard from our users on this end.

An option to auto decline based upon AVS/CCV would also be great. I know we had this with the last processor but now this seems to be an "added value option" or not an option as well (unless we tie into a 3rd party which is the same thing as an "added value option"). You guys are our brokers into the credit world and to not include tools which would help mitigate fraud is just ridiculous.

The overall business goal was storing credit information in a PCI complain way without needing to implement compliance on our side.

CardConnect review by <span>Nicole N.</span>
Nicole N.

"Overall pleased with product"

What do you like best?

Our set up was very easy. This website allows us to set up customer profiles to run one time payments, recurring payments, or online bill pay payments and is secure. The customer set up takes only moments and is customizable to our needs and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Company is in a different coast then us so our batches close out and hit the bank in a way that we don't love. The website takes some time to get used to.

A secure place for our company to store patients credit card information.

CardConnect review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Necessary and useful payment processor."

What do you like best?

CardConnect's API was fairly straightforward and simple to setup. Communication with their engineering reps is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

Their documentation is lacking. For instance, if you send their payment API an amount with a decimal, it treats it as a dollar amount and if you omit the decimal it uses cents. This resulted in a floating error accidentally charging 100x the intended amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful with amounts.

We needed a card processor that was cheaper than Stripe's 3.5%. Our negotiated rate with CardConnect is significantly cheaper and has saved us thousands within a few months.

Learning about CardConnect?

* We monitor all CardConnect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.