CareerBuilder Employment Screening

CareerBuilder Employment Screening is a business savvy, economical and adaptable solution for screening services that consolidates background screening, drug testing, I-9 and occupational health services it reduces manual intervention, provides extensive business intelligence, mitigates hiring risks, and delivers a unified and powerful applicant experience.

Work for CareerBuilder Employment Screening?

Learning about CareerBuilder?

CareerBuilder Employment Screening Reviews

Ask CareerBuilder a Question
Showing 32 CareerBuilder reviews
CareerBuilder review by Izzy S.
Izzy S.

"Very Quick & User/Employer Friendly"

What do you like best?

Our background checks in general come back quicker, they even come back quicker in markets we’ve had issues with in previous years.The interface and set-up for the employer is also my favorite out of the three total I have used. They break down the login page into completed, pending and sent orders. It’s easy to toggle between our multiple accounts since we have three in there.

What do you dislike?

I don’t necessarily like that if we need to see the person’s date of birth or social security number - we have to look elsewhere. In the past our reports have included this. CBES does not.

We are absolutely saving time on getting results - which means we’re capturinf more candidates in our interviewing and hiring process. We aren’t losing people because results are taking long.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CareerBuilder Employment Screening
CareerBuilder review by Marco L.
Marco L.

"Step by step"

What do you like best?

During my experience with Career Builder I had the opportunity to check and verify around thirty profiles and what I liked the most during my experience is the clearness of the proposed sections that made an environment in which the usability of this product is quite simple and friendly after a simple login I found it confy. What i can say is that even a rookie could enjoy the benefit and the features of this product.

What do you dislike?

Personally I don't like the font chosen by the developers and some user journey proposed. In some sections it seems like to be in a loop, but maybe is due to the lack of time I had at job... Also what could be improved is the Profile section. But this is a personal point o f view, because I had colleagues that just adored the font and found the above sections just great. But my attitude is to look for perfection. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please change the font! :)

Career Buileder canceled a waste of precious time I experimented with other tools previously used, mainly for the precise search engine that Career Builder has and also for the filter features that helped me to browse in the data base of the candidates. In a month I had the opportunity to screen many cv (around thirty) and I found interesting one or two per day with spending just few minutes. And for this is an affordable price in terms of working time.

What Background Check solution do you use?

CareerBuilder review by Kayla G.
Kayla G.

"A great way to build your pipeline"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love that I can preview the candidates resume without actually opening up a new page or going to a new page. Also, it is a fantastic way to really narrow down a search for what you are exactly looking for. The modified or viewed aspect is phenomenal as well. So, you know if they have just modified their resume or if they are actually looking!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, despite how much I modify my search, when I search a certain word I want to find on resumes, it's from years ago and I cannot utilize that information. However, it is not imperative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, see if you like it. I guarantee you will like utilizing this program.

I have fantastic benefits because I am able to reach a lot of candidates who do not apply through other sources that I use.

CareerBuilder review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"CareerBuilder"

What do you like best?

CareerBuilder allows users to follow a simple, step by step process for hiring needs and provides essential notifications on the procedures and results provided by applicants.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantage to CareerBuilder comes down to dollar signs. The monthly cost is higher than others so if not all features and tool capabilities are being utilized then the benefit it offers will not be appreciated as it otherwise could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basically to train staff and make sure to use all parts of the product to maximize every dollar invested into it.

If I were to pick one thing to share as a recommendation when using CareerBuilder it would be to train staff on the product to ultimately save time in the overall hiring process. Time management and saving time are critical elements for success with any company or in any business and CareerBuilder can help with just that.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great, but can be better"

What do you like best?

The use of Boolean searching is great on CB, I would say it does well compared to other search engines out there.

What do you dislike?

Careerbuilder does not allow one to bulk send resumes for later review. It requires you to "flip view" one by one , then LIKE (to save) and then bulk send. However you are only allowed to LIKE 25 at a time.

CareerBuilder is a good search engine and research tool for employers/recruiters to have a glimpse of the market demand and supply. Moreover, it's run on search words/again, working with Boolean searches, are quite dependable

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"In the world of Staffing, screening is necessary"

What do you like best?

I love that I can choose things that are a requirement for my client and that will eliminate people who don't meet those qualifications. Many times I can resumes from candidates who aren't even in the same field as my position, let alone meet the qualifications.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it doesn't eliminate everyone, but that would really be impossible overall

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not going to screen out everyone who applies for positions they are not qualified for, but over it does help to eliminate enough to help keep my inbox cleaner.

It helps to keep my inbox down from people who don't meet the qualifications, although I still get some, it's far better than the results it could be.

CareerBuilder review by User

"Makes Onboarding A breeze"

What do you like best?

Careerbuilder has been integral in our onboarding process for employees we can retain.

What do you dislike?

There are an over whelming amount of applicants who are qualified that do not get reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to cut onboarding costs, go for it!

I am creating a paperless onboarding process that allows more office space and increased remote access to any file, anytime. I have realized that the brand alone, Careerbuilder, is a trusted source in the hiring industry and will continue to be used so I can trust that it will only continue to grow and the communications and navigation may become more complex, but also more efficient. There is room for growth amongst the already great services provided.

CareerBuilder review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Frequently Used and Effective"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of screenings and quickness with which we get results. It helps us get candidates in the door faster. Our recruiters are able to sort through applicants easily and have many options for multiple job postings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes postings can be deleted or delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this- our recruiters use this every day.

We are getting our candidates in the door quicker and to work faster. Our clients require screenings and this allows us the ease with which to do that.

CareerBuilder review by Seán P.
Seán P.

"My CareerBuilder Employer Review"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the software. Very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It could have more options to communicate with passive candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful product for HR managers and recruiters in all industries.

Recruiting, sourcing resumes for various openings nationwide.

CareerBuilder review by Cait K.
Cait K.

"Decent job board, but saturated resume database"

What do you like best?

Good platform with wide audience to view job postings and move candidates through the pipeline. Offers basic integration with some ATS vendors.

What do you dislike?

Saturated resume database that often doesn't yield in quality search results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for public job board, less for sourcing candidate resumes.

Helps us gain exposure on a widely known network. Helps bring candidates into our pipeline and convert into placements. Offers streamlined branding for job posts to enhance our brand.

CareerBuilder review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"No longer receive high quality applicants "

What do you like best?

I like the additional search options Careerbuilder has developed over the past couple of years

What do you dislike?

The candidate quality for applicants has gone down tremendously over time

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of applicants for blue collar positions. If you are hiring for outside B2b sales executives or other executive level positions do not expect to receive many qualified candidates.

locating high quality applicants for the open positions of the organization

CareerBuilder review by Victoria P.
Victoria P.

"Great talent finder!"

What do you like best?

I love that you get the top talent in the career community. You can weed out the people you don’t need for the people you do.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the spammers. I don’t like the way I have to search through too many at one time. I would like it to be a bit quicker.

You sometimes get people that sneak through somehow!

CareerBuilder review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Great vendor"

What do you like best?

It is an easy process and the turn around time is great.

What do you dislike?

If things are out of process, like a candidate asking to wait on verifying their current employer, there is not a great way to restart a step in the process. (That I know of.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking them out if you are considering a new background vendor.

It is a faster process which is very helpful. They do the leg work researching if needed. I have worked with vendors who did not and I really appreciate it.

CareerBuilder review by User

"Recruiter Point of View"

What do you like best?

Good Enough Customized Search Options. Good set of filters to refine the search.

What do you dislike?

Not that I can remind of. I am pretty happy so far.

Using for IT Recruitment. Wide range of filters give an amazing experience finding the right match for right job.

"Career Builder"

What do you like best?

The ease of use to find candidates for specific jobs and in the right locations.

What do you dislike?

The way the clicking is enabled. It tends to kick me out often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you key in the miles and location.

CB is used to find candiates for open recruitment.

CareerBuilder review by Paul O.
Paul O.

"Business development recruiter "

What do you like best?

Very precise when searching for candidates

What do you dislike?

don't have any dislike at this time to make a comment

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have someone with some very fine knowledge of computer and also common sense

more accurate search for candidates with specifics experience

CareerBuilder review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The self kiosk option is a time saver and very efficient for new employees

What do you dislike?

nothing. This software meets all our needs with no issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are always implementing new features that make it more user friendly

onboarding employees who meet criteria

CareerBuilder review by Agency in Staffing and Recruiting
Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to find great candidates!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pages does not reload where I left off with correct candidates

I am recruiting suitable applicants. The different categories helps me narrow down to the best candidates.

CareerBuilder review by Stacy A.
Stacy A.

"great"

What do you like best?

Quick response.

Reliable information

Speedy

What do you dislike?

Reliable I have no objections. The software is very expensive but I loved it.

Provides enough information to get the job done. O have no complaints.

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I can search for jobs in my area more better than any other job site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is repeat postings and not enough companies they put into the search engine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use multiple sources to find the job you need and want. You should always have options when it comes to searching for the right one.

I can see what jobs are out there and be able to look for what I want

CareerBuilder review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"CBES Review"

What do you like best?

Management of multiple reports/requests at once, ability to customize reports for each candidate, ability to archive (and remove from archive) old reports, ability to check reports as they come in (before the entire report may be ready), ability to have multiple accounts/users on the license.

What do you dislike?

Ease of deciphering some of the items in the reports.

Pre-employment candidate background screening, helps determine who can (and shouldn't) be submitted for government background checks.

CareerBuilder review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Extensive Employment Screening"

What do you like best?

It is separate and objective. It is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Less control, but perhaps this is best. I was not able to ask questions about a person's technical or professional ability and had to rely on the individual doing the screening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a comprehensive employment screening software, this might be a good option for you.

It keeps me from hiring the wrong person.

CareerBuilder review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

Great accurate recruiting tool that really weeds out the results. It narrows down your search for top talent.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the extra paid add-ones. It should be built into just one solid price

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you accurately complete your setting and personalize your details. It helps streamline the process a lot better

We have in increased our workforce by adding careerbuilder

CareerBuilder review by Agency in Staffing and Recruiting
Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Career Builder Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily find qualified candidates.

What do you dislike?

The mileage for distance is often way off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

No business problems.

CareerBuilder review by User in Computer Software

"User-friendly career search website"

What do you like best?

I like that you can post positions for 30 days at a time on CareerBuilder.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you have to purchase bundles of open positions at at time. I would much prefer buying 10 positions annually and having the flexibility to switch out positions as needed.

Unemployment

CareerBuilder review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Turn around time on background checks and how easy that was compared to other companies we tried was wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The kiosk system was not as user friendly but worked well for most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing to improve on

We have no problems or issues but has helped be and easy process.

"careerbuilder review"

What do you like best?

it's easy to navigate as well as reputable being CareerBuilder has been around for a number of years

What do you dislike?

I feel alot of people and colleagues have lost confidence in using CareerBuilder over the years.

We are able to intensively view the validity of any candidate's background information

CareerBuilder review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Typical Recruiting Software"

What do you like best?

Career builder is easy to use. There are very few things that are not intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Candidates that have come through Career builder are usually not as high quality as other places.

We are getting applications that can be considered for employment. Many applicatiions are filed

CareerBuilder review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Quick and Easy Screeninf"

What do you like best?

It was easy to submit requests and liked that the applicant filled out all the information for the screening. Quick results!

What do you dislike?

There weren't any aspects that I disliked.

Great information on backgrounds. Quick turnaround on drug screens

CareerBuilder review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"It was great user friendly experience and accurate tracking "

What do you like best?

Accuracy

Detailed information and cost

What do you dislike?

The lag time in getting the background check back

It saves me from hiring a 3rd party vendor to do these background checks and cost

"Career Builder Tool"

What do you like best?

Hello,

This is a great and easy to use tool.

What do you dislike?

Overall, the tool is user friendly. The interface/software is easy to follow. I don't dislike it.

Screening has improved.

"CareerBuilder"

What do you like best?

Being able to search,access, and review passive qualified candidates.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike at this time.

Searching for, mostly, hard-to-fill qualified passive candidates.

Learning about CareerBuilder Employment Screening?

* We monitor all CareerBuilder Employment Screening reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.