CareerBuilder Job Board

The first step in a winning recruitment strategy is getting exposure. Attract candidates during their job search with CareerBuilder’s Job Postings.

Work for CareerBuilder Job Board?

Learning about CareerBuilder?

Showing 27 CareerBuilder reviews
CareerBuilder review by <span>Charles H.</span>
Charles H.

Not the Top, Yet Provides Good Results

What do you like best?

CareerBuilder Job Boards has allowed us to move much of our computer programming and call center activities to employees in the United States, instead of depending on employees outside of the US to take care of those needs. The pay rates are similar and we can have independent contractors fill those positions equally as well.

What do you dislike?

CareerBuilder Job Boards still comes across as "lower than professional". They have made progress in the types of employees and employment opportunities that are available, yet they aren't the highest quality, and I'm doubting the highest quality employees/employers don't post to their site. Their site isn't the easiest to use and is "clunky" in its operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CareerBuilder Job Board is usable for most all types of employment needs. There are Accountants, Computer Programmers and Engineers, just as well as there are Truck Drivers, Sales Personnel, and Food Service Employees. It's a hit and miss website, not always providing exactly what is needed. Yet there is a large employee base who are seeking work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CareerBuilder Job Board
CareerBuilder review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

Okay if you are looking for entry level

What do you like best?

I like that you can pull a report to show you what people of a particular background are titling themselves so you can create a sourcing strategy that will capture the most amount of possible candidates. I do like that the site will scrape jobs from our website, which makes it easier to post to their site. Our account management team is relatively helpful; they check in often, and even offer to assist with sourcing if we have found that we are having difficulty filling a role. I really enjoy that their search capabilities can use Boolean searching.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the candidate pool on this site for higher level roles. As a Senior Recruiter, it is sometimes difficult to see a reason to use this tool. Also, while sourcing for roles overseas, it can be hard to gain a large candidate pool. It seems like there is a stigma attached to this site that it is meant for entry level roles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think our Account Management team here is top notch.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

CareerBuilder review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

Solid Platform

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to save job roles so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every single time I post. I also like that I can link to my own website so they can apply there. It is easy and quick to use and it probably is top 3 location my candidates come from. The team that is assigned to our account is super helpful for any questions that we have as well. They have even come on site and presented new features to us which is awesome because it's easy to miss out on things that make my job a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

I do find that the caliber of candidates vary- I could get an awesomely qualified candidate and I also could get someone who clearly did not read the posting. Either way brings more traffic and i am happy with that. Same goes for sourcings- if I am lucky a great candidate who is ready to be contacted is on the site or sometimes there are resumes months- years old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is one of the top job boards that you should be posting to if you want to bring more traction to your roles and find good candidates.

CareerBuilder review by <span>Alisa Z.</span>
Alisa Z.

Great Response Time

What do you like best?

The ease of use. You can create templates for the Jobs you offer which makes posting for the open positions very easy. You can set criteria, so candidates that do not have specific experience cannot apply.

What do you dislike?

If you do not categorize the job posting correctly it can be a waste. If people are searching for your company or position if it is not categorized and sub categorized it can through off anyone finding your posting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to for finding applicants that fit the position you are hiring for. You will receive and email and the candidates application when they choose to apply for your position

CareerBuilder review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

Gets the job done

What do you like best?

one of the things that we really enjoy about Career Builder is that its simple and easy to get the listing out and they do the rest. which helps to alleviate some of the stress related to hiring.

What do you dislike?

One of the only things that i disliked about using Career Builder , which ultimately led to us discontinuing use with them was their lack of responsiveness and we did'nt feel that they could keep up with our unique staffing needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely research , research , research to find out if this is something that right for your comapny.

CareerBuilder review by G2 Crowd User in Environmental Services
G2 Crowd User in Environmental Services

Results are poor

What do you like best?

I like that they post to google jobs and use a social aggregator to pull candidates in the resume search.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the customer services has been. Once i informed them the program is not working for our company they have failed to contact us back to resolve our issue. I also received feed back that we are not receiving applications because of out location, ads and what we are offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a Lawn Care Company and have very poor results with looking for Sales Reps, manager and lawn care technicians. At this time I would have to say if you are looking to hire for any of the above positions choose another job board. Don't sign a 2 years contract.

Learning about CareerBuilder Job Board?

* We monitor all CareerBuilder Job Board reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories