Carpe Diem Classic

Carpe Diem Classic from Tikit (part BT group) is time and expense recording software known for its power, flexibility and integration with back-office systems.

Work for Carpe Diem Classic?

Learning about Carpe Diem?

Carpe Diem Classic Reviews

Showing 9 Carpe Diem reviews
Carpe Diem review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Carpe Diem Review"

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to search for matter codes and that Carpe Diem tracks my most frequently used codes. It vastly cuts down on the amount of time it takes me to enter my billing entries for the week. I also enjoy that I am able to copy and paste entries, and then easily go back in to edit them.

What do you dislike?

The interface of Carpe Diem is very outdated and not intuitive. I'm sure there are numerous other capabilities that I haven't even gotten into as they are not obvious within the software. I also wish there was a way to create custom reports by searching for keywords within the narrative of the entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get the hang of it and understand the interface, it is not terribly hard to use. Although I would not consider the software easy to use by any means.

I have realized that keeping track of my time and entering it daily into carpe diem allows me to more accurately bill my time which benefits my company and my clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Carpe Diem Classic
Carpe Diem review by Dylan H.
Dylan H.

"Outdated program provides more frustration than benefit"

What do you like best?

Carpe diem does a great job of integrating with some practice-management software.

What do you dislike?

Carpe diem is frustratingly slow and does not provide the types of options you would expect from a time-keeping software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reviewing other time-keeping products before choosing Carpe Diem Classic. The interface is relatively outdated, the options are few and far between, and the software runs at a snails' pace.

Tracking billable hours for legal projects

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Carpe Diem review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Legal Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Legal Services

"Carpe Diem - A Classic timekeeping experience"

What do you like best?

The different methods of delivery were helpful. Carpe Diem Classic is intuitive. The web-based nature is always convenient. The timekeeping system lets one find all of their content in one area, which is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It incorporates too many elements at one time, which can seem cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All-in-one solution.

Timekeeping is solved with Carpe Diem Classic. Managing time all in one place is a benefit realized by this product.

Carpe Diem review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Carpe DIem"

What do you like best?

Easy to edit time before entry is closed

What do you dislike?

Timer is difficult when multitasking, I usually didn't use the built in timer, I recorded time another way for multiple tasks and enter it manually at the end of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not great for working on several projects at once, but otherwise fairly straightforward and easy to use.

Time tracking.

"Billable hours"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use. I like that it saves the matter and client codes so I don’t have to keep re-typing them

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that to reopen a closed time entry the function is called “unclose”

Billing hours to clients

"Carpe Diem"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use to log your billable hours. It also opens quickly. It works well when I connect remotely.

What do you dislike?

I wish my favorite clients list was longer so I did not have to search through the client lists as much as I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It works well and I enjoy using it.

This software works wonders for Billing. It allows our law firm to make money

"Solid product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface makes time-keeping a breeze

What do you dislike?

When time codes are mis-recorded, it can be a little clunky resetting the information

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an efficient time-keeping tool in your business that's simple to use in realtime, then I'd strongly consider this products

Efficiency in time capture is massive in our industry and this product helps save a lot of time (pun intended)

User in Law Practice

"an efficient way to record billable hours"

What do you like best?

the rapidity and ease of use of the software

What do you dislike?

the old style and lack of interactivity of the software

legal issues

"gets the job done"

What do you like best?

easy to use, customizable web interface

What do you dislike?

can be cumbersome for timekeepers to enter data

time entry and capture

Learning about Carpe Diem Classic?

* We monitor all Carpe Diem Classic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.