Cascade Strategy

Cascade is a complete software solution that makes it easy to turn your strategy into reality. Helping you to create your plan, engage your people and track results.

Work for Cascade Strategy?

Learning about Cascade Strategy?

Cascade Strategy Reviews

Ask Cascade Strategy a Question
Showing 28 Cascade Strategy reviews
Cascade Strategy review by Turner C. B.
Turner C. B.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and how it has simplified making our strategic plan come to life. The software is second to none in terms of accessibility and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a feature I dislike. I would like to see an integration of daily tasks with ASANA. I prefer to use ASANA for managing daily tasks and then use CASCADE to track longer-term goals and outcomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use means that you can truly begin immediately after onboarding. It is important to remember that you can use this software for so much more than strategic planning and to plan to move all of your planning documents to one place so that it is easier to track your progress.

Strategic planning is difficult because I haven't been able to find a software that easily tracks progress and outcomes until now. Having one centralized place for strategic planning is absolutely critical to our long-term success. I also find that having one consistent platform to input ideas and vision items makes tracking my vision for the agency much easier. I don't have to take notes and then translate them later into a document. I can add them as concepts and build out from there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cascade Strategy
Cascade Strategy review by Juan Carlos G.
Juan Carlos G.

"Greatly exceeded great expectations"

What do you like best?

Cascade provides a truly comprehensive strategic planning & strategic management framework that met our organization at our current stage of development. Cascade's highly flexible ecosystem allowed us to design a dynamic, functional strategic planning framework that is completely custom built for our organization & that has more than enough space to allow our strategy to grow increasingly sophisticated as we achieve organizational objectives. Rebekah Komar, our Cascade rep, has provided warm & helpful service & support throughout our evaluation of the software & the additional support & responsiveness from the Cascade team has truly been world class. The suite of video & written resources offered on Cascade's website have been key in our development of an effective system. We look forward to our continúed partnership with Cascade as we strive to Heal Cancer One Night at a Time.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully, there is not a single negative comment I could make regarding my experience with Cascade. No system or company is perfect, but practically speaking Cascade has truly been excellent.

Our organization has been challenged to develop a living, breathing strategic planning framework that will drive long-term growth while ensuring critical functional & operational developments are front & center in the near-term. As a 100% volunteer driven organization, we are challenged to develop an operating model that allows for efficient & systematic development & management of our core business activities despite having limited human resources. We are challenged to eliminate the organizational friction that can prevent continued growth & development by ensuring the activities of our board members & volunteers are aligned with high-level organizational objectives.

What Strategic Planning solution do you use?

Cascade Strategy review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Serious Strategy Execution Software"

What do you like best?

Cascade Strategy Execution SaaS takes the complex area of generating accountability around strategic initiatives and makes it clear, concise, and transparent. The thought that has been put into the structure of getting it set up essentially forces you to consider the alignment of your goals, objectives, focus areas and ultimately vision. Cascade is one of the few that gets that the fundamental unit of strategy implementation is NOT individual goals or tasks - it is people, and Cascade re-emphasizes this point subtly throughout the platform.

What do you dislike?

The platform is quite elegant on the screen, but Cascade still has some work to do around the printed reports. Its a bit of a conundrum as showing the sometimes complex and always multi-layered relationships between people, tasks, goals, vision, etc is likely impossible given the static format of the printed page - but I do feel like it could still be better than it is. Most importantly, if you go down the path of using strategy management software, just realize that the dynamic connections that you are able to create with the platform will not always easily translate to the printed page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to really evaluate strategy management software, you have to get beyond the screenshots and features (both of which Cascade does very good with) but dig into it from the end user's perspective. I believe that this is where Cascade shines with a high level of organizational customization, effective dashboards, implementation wizards, etc. It is easy to use, and meets the business needs of my clients.

Mainly, we use Cascade Strategy with our clients that don't want their strategic plans to become BOTS (Books On The Shelf). Cascade allows for constant updating, new goals & initiatives, real-time reporting, etc. It provides an easy-to-use platform to keep the plan alive and active throughout the life-cycle of the plan.

Cascade Strategy review by Administrator

"A lot of potential"

What do you like best?

The customer service. The customer success rep we were assigned has been excellent to partner with. He is responsive, constantly available and is generous with his time.

What do you dislike?

Although the scope of functionality is solid, there are a lot of little details and user experience things that could use a lot more polish. To Cascades credit they have been very responsive to the items we have reported and some small things have been implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the tool fits your strategic plan. Cascade from my perspective is better suited for executive, high level goal management involving measurable, tangible targets. This tool is less appropriate for doing granular project management.

I work for the office of strategy management at a large healthcare organization, our goal is to use Cascade to manage our strategic roadmap priorities from a metric based outcome perspective. As of yet we have not gone live so we have not yet seen any benefits. Our anticipated benefits are a more streamlined status reporting process, and increased transparency and accountability for our stakeholders across the entire health system.

Cascade Strategy review by Raymond G T.
Raymond G T.

"Excellent so far"

What do you like best?

Great visualization, customizable while still being user friendly, can be as detailed as you like, has the ability to tie in with multiple different strategic planning methods (horizons, balanced scorecard, etc), and excellent customer support for setup and general questions.

What do you dislike?

So far we haven't had many issues. Biggest issue we've encountered is tying sub-strategies to the overall strategy. That wasn't the smoothest but Cascade has been very helpful in trying to solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall Cascade is a very good system for us so far, I highly recommend using it for the strategic planning portions. We have not implemented the resource management piece so I can't comment on it.

Diversification of contracts, internal and external communications, and employee development.

Cascade Strategy review by Lynda Little,Manager T.
Lynda Little,Manager T.

"Just Beginning"

What do you like best?

I have only just completed my free trial period and I am already blown away by the amazing potential of this software.

As yet I cannot comment too much on the functionality, but what I can comment on is the genuine, supportive service that I have received from the Cascade team. They have been so proactive, my start up time has been minimal.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I could possibly dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team at Cascade have been proactive in assisting me to set the software up for our needs. They communicate through a clear email system, or phone when suitable, and are very prompt in responding to any questions. Best of all, they always offer to go one step further.

I am still in the early stages of implementing Cascade Strategy, however, from what I have seen and experienced so far, I am excited by the prospects.

This is a very thorough piece of software backed up with outstanding support.

I am working with an existing Strategic Plan that is due for renewal. So far, I have entered (with the help of the Cascade team) the existing plan.

I am looking forward to using Cascade to not only document the new plan, but to be able to drill down from the Strategic Plan into individual staff work plans.

Cascade Strategy review by Carl J C.
Carl J C.

"Transforming the Execution of Strategic Planning"

What do you like best?

With over 10 years of updating strategic plans with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, e-mail, etc., etc, a good portion of my strategic efforts was a tactical effort for update these documents for a specific presentation to a board of directors and/or senior staff. Today, the unnecessary formatting and management of those documents has gone away with using an integrated tool like Cascade. I literally received an ROI on the first day of using Cascade by saving time with the traditional methods.

What do you dislike?

Like anything, you need to develop a new habit for data collection. You need to stop using your e-mail, calendar, etc...and enter it in once in Cascade. This has completely streamlined efforts with not only the Board but also with managing staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am strong proponent and raving fan of Cascade. This has transformed our company's ability to the following:

1) Provide a transparent strategic plan that is updated on a regular basis

2) Simplifies and significantly reduces time wasted on preparing one-time reports through standard Office and Google formats.

3) Fast ROI

4) Improves one-on-one meetings with staff

5) Improves employee engagement

I am a customer and now I am also an investor and partner to help expand Cascade in the US. The future for Cascade is very bright.

The key benefit that I have realized is saving time. Another key benefit is to see how engaged my teams are with the strategic plan. Utilizing Cascade tends to reveal items that are following behind very quickly as opposed to being surprised at the end of the quarter.

Cascade Strategy review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices
Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices

"Cascade has transformed the way we manage our busines goals"

What do you like best?

The Cascade program aligned strongly with the needs of our business. We needed a tool to help us manage our business strategy across 20 different functional departments. We chose Cascade as the concept of Cascading goals matched the way our business performed strategic planning. The system allows each of the areas to manage their own strategic plan, whilst enabling visibility and accountability of alignment with the High level Business strategy. The transparency of the system is one of it's biggest benefits. At the click of a button you are able to assess the health of the organisation according to its strategic objectives and associated goals. It is very user friendly and easy to customise. In a matter of minutes, anyone can set up team dashboards to use in meetings or as a general communication tool. The snapshot reports are great for sharing with others outside of the system and provide an up to date gantt chart of project status. I would highly recommend this tool to anyone, as it has really allowed our organisation to launch to the next level with our project and strategy planning.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally you will stumble across features that don't exist in the system which would be useful. The chat function allows you to communicate directly with the Cascade team and get a real time response to any issues you might have or any ideas for improvement. This is really great for efficiency, as you can just continue working through any challenges with the help of the Cascade team. They take the feedback on-board, and we have already experienced a number of system optimisations which have been rolled out as a result of our company's suggestions. It is empowering for the team to have that kind of influence on the software, and really aids in employee engagement.

Transparency of goals, and alignment of priority. It also enables better accountability for all staff.

Cascade Strategy review by Jeff N.
Jeff N.

"I've been looking for this app for 20 years."

What do you like best?

Finally, an app that takes the big picture seriously. I've been looking for a project portfolio management app for a management-by-projects approach that begins with strategic planning.

Cascade is a holistic strategy app, integrating strategy planning and strategy execution, two aspects or dimensions of strategy that shouldn't be bifurcated or dissociated into separate apps to begin with.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. Although it offers Zapier integration with other apps, a must in today's web app world, I do wish it offered native integration with Google Apps, especially Google Calendar, Google Tasks, and Gmail, perhaps through a Chrome Extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll like it. I liked it so much I subscribed two days into the trial.

Holistic closed-loop strategic planning & execution.

Cascade Strategy review by Emma T.
Emma T.

"Arthritis Queensland excited to be using Cascade to reach our goals in 2017!"

What do you like best?

As an NFP with limited resources and huge passion, it's sometimes difficult to make sure we stay on track with the big picture while juggling many balls in the air at once. Cascade offers us the perfect tool to record and track our progress throughout the year.

We love that our mission is right in front of us everyday.

We love the integration of our business plan with our strategic focus areas.

We love that we can assign tasks across our organisation's business areas to individual staff and volunteers.

We love that we can see the progress we are making and where we need to put more energy.

We love that we can see issues as (or before) they appear - fewer surprises means better results.

We love the individual dashboards which are easily personalized.

We love the professionalism of the one-click, down loadable reports that provide fantastic analytics.

What do you dislike?

We don't dislike anything, but here are a couple of suggested add ins:

- it would be great to be able to color code goals to either align with types of task or the person/ business area responsible for undertaking them.

- it would also be great to be able to integrate our Outlook calendars and task lists with our Cascade task lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you stay on track and really focus on achieving key deliverables and higher level goals. i highly recommend Cascade as a Strategic/ Business planning and user friendly project management tool.

As a small team of full time and part time workers Cascade is solving communication issues - everyone knows where every goal is up to all of the time. Everyone knows, and is accountable for, their role in every project.

We can clearly see where projects are interdependent and spot potential road blocks before they happen.

We can see the where business areas are working on lots of new projects and we can forward plan to lessen the impact on business as usual activities.

Cascade Strategy review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Cascade Strategy - get your plan off the shelf!"

What do you like best?

Cascade has allowed us to break down complex strategy into measurable, achievable goals over two business units. It is a great way to make sure your strategy stays part of your day-to-day activities and using the performance management capability is an innovative way to approach our HR function.

What do you dislike?

It takes quite a bit of intellectual investment to conceptualise the total extent of your plan when you begin to understand the Cascade Strategy universe, but the guides provided take you through the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tom and his team are committed to getting organisations up and running to use Cascade Strategy as effectively as possible. If you are serious about taking your strategy main stream in your business, these guys are great to work with.

We are trying to ensure we have clear strategy objectives and that achieving those objectives are relevant to many of our team, each day. They are just starting to use the platform to make planning and resource decision based on the need to address the sub-goals that contribute to achieving our strategic objectives.

Cascade Strategy review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"An essential product for anyone planning, implementing and executing a successful strategy!"

What do you like best?

Intuitive product that easily assists in developing, maintaining a succesful strategy. I also like the add-ons such as performance appraisal functionality and the expert Cascade team ready to help out when I have a query about the product or strategy in general.

What do you dislike?

That's a hard question for which I don't really have an answer!

Through the development of a successful strategy it has helped us rein in spending on areas of less value and concentrate our efforts of better return. It's also enabled our company to put our staff on the same strategy page and recognise ways to contribute to our goals in our own specialised ways.

Cascade Strategy review by Katy M.
Katy M.

"Cascade Strategy review"

What do you like best?

I like that Cascade is intuitive and easy for my team to use. I find the snapshot reports and the dashboards useful to present information to my team and the wider organisation about how we are progressing our strategy.

What do you dislike?

The one piece of feedback I've had from the team is that they don't like receiving the Cascade project update email on a Sunday afternoon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support offered by Tom and the team - have a few phone calls/meetings during the set up stage, and ask Tom or another member of the team to come and 'launch' Cascade at your team meeting.

Our senior leadership team are able to track the progress of their strategic projects and share this information with each other. The team are using Cascade to raise issues on strategic projects which are then discussed at team meetings.

Cascade Strategy review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Easy way to disseminate and measure business strategy"

What do you like best?

Quick to set up, easy to use. Support team were very responsive whenever we had questions. Our team really like the visual nature of this product and the ease with which we can zoom in on the detail when required.

What do you dislike?

Pretty happy with everything so far. I'm happier now that they've introduced more video demonstrations of how to perform certain tasks, which has made it easier for us to unlock bits of the tool that we didn't realise existed before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial made this an easy option for us to try out.

Communicating strategic goals to our team and then monitoring their contribution to business outcomes - we want a way of doing this that isn't purely employee KPI based but helps people to understand the bigger picture and how they contribute to our business each day that they come into work.

Cascade Strategy review by Clémentine B.
Clémentine B.

"Great platform: Cascade makes strategy relevant for everyone in your company"

What do you like best?

The platform covers every steps from strategy planning to execution and is ALWAYS evolving: new features are launched almost every week! The customer service is very responsive and listens to our needs, always trying to take our requirements into account and trying to add them to their roadmap.

What do you dislike?

There are many features that we have not tested yet, I think we need more tutorials to discover all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are many strategic planning softwares available on the market, but only few of them have as many features as Cascade Strategy does.

Try it for free (free 14 day trial) and see how your people like it. You'll probably quickly use it as a daily tool.

A clear vision!

Keeping track and on time with all our projects.

Employees are more and more engaged with our strategy.

Cascade Strategy review by Mina M.
Mina M.

"The Cascade platform allows and guides users to focus more on what matters "

What do you like best?

Cascade Strategy is one of the most powerful tools in the market that allows companies to expand their strategy while focusing on what matters. The platform offers many ways to for admins to track the progress of the company's objectives and goals. It also encourages all users to be active on the platform through the reward and HR component.

What do you dislike?

The platform can have a steep learning curve which could make it hard for some people to explore the system fully. The help content can ease the curve but could also feel like homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cascade allows companies to plan, track and execute their strategy. Whether long or short term. The platform also has a powerful HR component.

Cascade Strategy review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"Your business compass!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use methodology to fill the basic information

Graphic view of main strategies and tasks

Team integration

Integration with Zapier

What do you dislike?

Does not have a mobile app.

It got some time to have all the team onboard, the process is not only technological, change management have to be considered as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the material related to Strategic Planing!

As a startup we had to define a clear strategy and execution plan, so all the team are in sync and with clear goals and metrics. Cascade provided an easy way of developing all the key areas of our strategic plan and make it natural to populate all the information.

Cascade Strategy review by Marina C.
Marina C.

"Efficient and user friendly project management tool "

What do you like best?

We started using this tool recently and although we are not done uploading our complete strategy I totally see the benefits of using cascades to improve the day to day activities as well as the reporting.

What do you dislike?

It has proved rather challenging to get everyone onboard and get them used to actually using the tool at an ongoing basis, but I was told that is quite normal.

Cascades is helping us get more organized as our team is growing and ensures transparency and efficiency across departments.

Cascade Strategy review by Nathan G.
Nathan G.

"Great tool to focus the entire team on whats important."

What do you like best?

The ability to visualise any disconnects in team members goals and KPI's from driving our strategic priorities.

What do you dislike?

As with any worthwhile initiative, it takes effort to bring change across the entire team. There is no silver bullet, but Cascade made it focused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Cascade team have lots of experience to share. Use this to help in the planning and implementation phase. Executive and management sponsorship and commitment are critical in rolling out a program like this. It requires an investment in change, however the outcome is worth it.

Aligning team KPI's to company strategy. The main benefit is the understanding of what is important across the team with an understanding of where each team member fits into the bigger picture.

Cascade Strategy review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Easy to use, fast to deploy, fantastic functionality out of the box"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use.

Great to use in a workshop environment to build your strategy, consensus and accountability in one go.

Very scalable solution that allows the executive team to build and own their strategy and then quickly "cascade" this to all levels

Has the broadest scope of any strategy execution tool I have seen at this price point. Full blown rewards and recognition and talent managements can be deployed quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Light touch implementation approach is great value and would work well for mature organisations and team.

If you have cultural issues / disfunctional teams you will need to resolve these issues first (this applies to all software/process solutions)

Clear vision

Organsiation alignment

Improved team focus, and motivation

Great ROI

Cascade Strategy review by Executive Sponsor in Accounting
Executive Sponsor in Accounting

"Strategy tool with great features, so simple, further development opportunities endless"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use. Users are immediately engaged and can see the benefits to them. Navigating through the tool, running reports and updating goals is such a simple process. As a user the tool allows me to customise it in many ways, giving me great control.

The Cascade team have been great to deal with, they're extremely responsive and always open to feedback and enhancing the tool .

What do you dislike?

Dashboards need more work. The concept of widgets is good, but they're not all useful for effective reporting and cannot be transported well into Board Reports. There are many opportunities to enable board, management, team dashboards based on what levels of information these audiences should expect.

Transparency and accountability as well as sharing the vision/strategy with teams. We've never really documented our stragey properly. It therefore took us more time to document and establish ourselves in Cascade, the benefits so far have been huge.

We now have a clear and documented path, allowing the Board and management to steer resources and activity.

Cascade Strategy review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"An efficient, easy to use strategic management tool"

What do you like best?

- Ability to customise to organisational structure

- Updated technology functionality (relational database etc)

- Linkage to existing software

- Management of data (spread sheet upload)

- Planning, engagement and tracking made simple to follow

- Tracking information made easy with widgets

- Milestones are transparent and easy to follow

- Ability to set up dashboards targeting the user

- Production of a large ranged of customised reports through filters

- Collaboration with other project team members

- Updating and raising issues keeps everyone in project management space

- Goals/reports are in both project management and narrative style supporting modern organisational functions

- Optional linkage to HR/performance management

- Documentation and discussion of risk issues for awareness and action

- Excellent customer support

What do you dislike?

- Strategy snapshot section should have a link to jump back to relative section e.g. business unit or CEO goal etc

- A tracker/filter next to the CEO goal completion to indicate comparative completion of business units against the CEO goals

- Sometimes get lost in the different activities eg switching from areas in strategy to areas in reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this software because of its ease of use and it is user friendly to differing areas of the organisation. I delivered training to my organisation (more than 100 users) after only 2 hours training by Tom. It is simple to follow and makes strategy management transparent. One of its best features is the collaboration of teams and the customisation of the organisation structure in the planning section.

- Progress of business unit goals/KPIs against CEO's goals

- Tracking of business unit goals against the strategic community plan hierarchy ie budget and strategic goal alignment with themes, goals and strategies.

- Compliance with DLGC requirements of LG plan for the future/integrated planning and reporting

Cascade Strategy review by Colan M.
Colan M.

"Bring the Balanced Scorecard to life"

What do you like best?

Excellent tool with a good mixture of deep analysis and visually inspiring content. Seems equally at home as a C-Suite reporting tool or a great way to inspire those involved in the delivery of strategic programmes.

What do you dislike?

I've only just started using it and can't see anything as yet.

Delivery of a complicated web strategy for a huge estate -- it's neat and accessible in the face of complexity.

Cascade Strategy review by G2 Crowd User in Civil Engineering
G2 Crowd User in Civil Engineering

"Solid choice for strategic planning"

What do you like best?

Lower price point than other platforms we found - offers all the features we needed in terms of creating a strategic plan. Seems to offer a lot more such as performance management however we have not yet explored this in detail.

What do you dislike?

Could not find an Android app, though there does appear to be one for iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is good and includes all features - that's how we assessed the quality of the platform. We reached out a couple of times to their support team who were responsive and friendly.

Lack of a clear process around creating and communicating a strategic plan. Then subsequent loss of focus on executing that plan.

Cascade Strategy review by Administrator

"Useful "

What do you like best?

We have found Cascade very useful for combining our separate strategic plan document with our risk register, in one clean, slick, snapshot. This enables us to better report to the Board on our activities.

What do you dislike?

Adding new risks is a little cumbersome, but once you get the hang of it, its fine.

Cascade helps us keep track of each senior managers objectives and how these fit in to the wider organisational goals. It has helped us narrow our focus on key strategic initiatives.

Cascade Strategy review by Jörg W.
Jörg W.

"A system which enables us to execute Strategy globally."

What do you like best?

easy to use, easy to Setup and administrate.

creating an overview

What do you dislike?

Performance, sometimes too slow.

Cascade App is more or less useless.

execution of strategy by a systematic Approach

Keeping and creating overview

Cascade Strategy review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"An Excellent Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

Team alignment. This product has assisted greatly in creating a single vision with a number of 'way points' for each department.

What do you dislike?

Can be confusing without relevant training to all staff. However, the system has become more intuitive over time.

Alignment and reporting.

Cascade Strategy review by Executive Sponsor in Biotechnology
Executive Sponsor in Biotechnology

"Cascade- Deep communication and management of strategy"

What do you like best?

Cascade is incredibly easy to use, inexpensive, and a fantastic way to embed strategy in an organization. Also, Tom and his team offer top notch support and a wonderful to work with.

What do you dislike?

Not much frankly. Given the alternatives of excel or high priced systems Cascade is excellent.

Embedding strategy to the deepest levels of the organization was truly a challenge. No longer!

Learning about Cascade Strategy?

* We monitor all Cascade Strategy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.