Caspio

Caspio is an online database platform for creating business applications, custom forms and reports fast and without coding.

Work for Caspio?

Learning about Caspio?

Caspio Reviews

Ask Caspio a Question
Showing 13 Caspio reviews
Caspio review by <span>Jeff W.</span>
Jeff W.

"Director of Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to create your own web based programs to meet your own specific needs. Also the feature of unlimited users; no requirement to pay based on the number of users.

What do you dislike?

A GUI would be nice to improve development time. Also the system lacks flexibility in passing parameters from one datapage to another.

Improve Customer Service by providing tools to the customer to track the status of repairs. A 25% reduction of calls from customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Caspio
Caspio review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Audit Organization"

What do you like best?

I can quickly find prior audits and eval submitted by myself or others on the team.

What do you dislike?

Previously, on a different software, I would get emails when something was completed and would know that assigned audits were being completed. Now I have to log in to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Application went okay. Not the smoothest

Again, having the prior audits at my disposal helps track progress ans problems for different team members. Same with trainer eval. I can easily review how they are doing and see their strengths and weaknesses.

What Database as a Service (DBaaS) solution do you use?

Caspio review by <span>Roger D.</span>
Roger D.

"Allows me to create forms without hiring programmer"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily and quickly create custom custom forms that are incredibly complex, and can tie several together in interesting ways. I can do this without hiring a programmer, and I can create backend forms to manage the data collected. I don't know what I'd do without this product. It has allowed me to turn around jobs in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks.

What do you dislike?

A couple of minor bugs (improper nesting) have cropped up in the latest versions, and they're breaking my dropdown menus on my WordPress site. Caspio fixed the first one once I reported it, and I only noticed the second instance today. Also, while the logic capabilities on the form are better than anything else I've seen, I wish I had even more options. For instance, I'd like to be able to make an "Other" field both appear (from a hidden state) and then be required if the user selects "Other" in the dropdown menu above it. I can make it appear only if "Other" is selected, but I can't do that AND make it required. Also, there's an annoying issue where users' uploads are cleared if they get an error on form submission. They usually don't notice that they need to re-attach their files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study the company's online demo movies and documentation. And when you have something you'd like to address, the forum can be incredibly helpful.

Super-quick turn-around times, no need to learn PHP or another scripting language. Ability to customize the appearance with stylesheets that I can set myself.

Caspio review by <span>L. Scott M.</span>
L. Scott M.

"Caspio for Government agencies"

What do you like best?

I helped implement Caspio as a solution in my agency nearly four years ago to meet a single simple need. Since then, usage of Caspio has increased to nearly 20 applications and several more concepts awaiting time and approval to implement. One of the greatest components of Caspio is the very simple learning curve. As a non-programmer, I was able to stand up a web application in hours instead of weeks or months.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is the authentication piece. If a user is not an admin for the instance, they have additional steps to log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reviewing some of the online training available and using the free eval period to "kick the tires". That is what we did and used that to build the proof of concept to sell to upper management.

We frequently have the need to publish searchable data. Our preferred method has tremendous cost that cannot be accommodated without a revenue stream. Caspio provided a low cost alternative. With the increased usage, we have realized significant savings over the other options.

Caspio review by <span>Stacie H.</span>
Stacie H.

"Caspio is a great way for non-programmers to create searchable databases "

What do you like best?

It was fairly easy to get started on a basic database with simple search functions, but it also offers far more customizable options if you're willing to wade into those waters.

What do you dislike?

Once you move beyond the most basic set up, I found the learning curve got much steeper. If I wasn't working from someone else's template, I had a hard time implementing more advanced functions (such as those using parameters and creating linked apps). It involved a lot of trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the support options -- both online and with the support staff. They're happy to help.

It is fantastic for us to be able to embed access to a fully functioning database on our website with out having a database administrator or other programmer around. We can just throw an Excel spreadsheet into Caspio and literally minutes later have something we know will work and that can be painlessly updated.

Caspio review by <span>Roberto F.</span>
Roberto F.

"Very easy to use. Powerful and cheap"

What do you like best?

You can create a complete site (full stack) in few hours based on your proprietary database

What do you dislike?

You cannot write your own function and in some cases you need it to improve the quality of your site. But in that case you have to change the approach

I have created a site to manage a sales team for the schools. The team should insert data about schools, habits, products they use.

Learning about Caspio?

* We monitor all Caspio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.