Caspio

Caspio is an online database platform for creating business applications, custom forms and reports fast and without coding.

Work for Caspio?

Learning about Caspio?

Caspio Reviews

Ask Caspio a Question
Showing 14 Caspio reviews
Caspio review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Director of Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to create your own web based programs to meet your own specific needs. Also the feature of unlimited users; no requirement to pay based on the number of users.

What do you dislike?

A GUI would be nice to improve development time. Also the system lacks flexibility in passing parameters from one datapage to another.

Improve Customer Service by providing tools to the customer to track the status of repairs. A 25% reduction of calls from customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Caspio

"Audit Organization"

What do you like best?

I can quickly find prior audits and eval submitted by myself or others on the team.

What do you dislike?

Previously, on a different software, I would get emails when something was completed and would know that assigned audits were being completed. Now I have to log in to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Application went okay. Not the smoothest

Again, having the prior audits at my disposal helps track progress ans problems for different team members. Same with trainer eval. I can easily review how they are doing and see their strengths and weaknesses.

What Database as a Service (DBaaS) solution do you use?

Caspio review by Roger D.
Roger D.

"Allows me to create forms without hiring programmer"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily and quickly create custom custom forms that are incredibly complex, and can tie several together in interesting ways. I can do this without hiring a programmer, and I can create backend forms to manage the data collected. I don't know what I'd do without this product. It has allowed me to turn around jobs in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks.

What do you dislike?

A couple of minor bugs (improper nesting) have cropped up in the latest versions, and they're breaking my dropdown menus on my WordPress site. Caspio fixed the first one once I reported it, and I only noticed the second instance today. Also, while the logic capabilities on the form are better than anything else I've seen, I wish I had even more options. For instance, I'd like to be able to make an "Other" field both appear (from a hidden state) and then be required if the user selects "Other" in the dropdown menu above it. I can make it appear only if "Other" is selected, but I can't do that AND make it required. Also, there's an annoying issue where users' uploads are cleared if they get an error on form submission. They usually don't notice that they need to re-attach their files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study the company's online demo movies and documentation. And when you have something you'd like to address, the forum can be incredibly helpful.

Super-quick turn-around times, no need to learn PHP or another scripting language. Ability to customize the appearance with stylesheets that I can set myself.

Caspio review by L. Scott M.
L. Scott M.

"Caspio for Government agencies"

What do you like best?

I helped implement Caspio as a solution in my agency nearly four years ago to meet a single simple need. Since then, usage of Caspio has increased to nearly 20 applications and several more concepts awaiting time and approval to implement. One of the greatest components of Caspio is the very simple learning curve. As a non-programmer, I was able to stand up a web application in hours instead of weeks or months.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is the authentication piece. If a user is not an admin for the instance, they have additional steps to log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reviewing some of the online training available and using the free eval period to "kick the tires". That is what we did and used that to build the proof of concept to sell to upper management.

We frequently have the need to publish searchable data. Our preferred method has tremendous cost that cannot be accommodated without a revenue stream. Caspio provided a low cost alternative. With the increased usage, we have realized significant savings over the other options.

Caspio review by Stacie H.
Stacie H.

"Caspio is a great way for non-programmers to create searchable databases "

What do you like best?

It was fairly easy to get started on a basic database with simple search functions, but it also offers far more customizable options if you're willing to wade into those waters.

What do you dislike?

Once you move beyond the most basic set up, I found the learning curve got much steeper. If I wasn't working from someone else's template, I had a hard time implementing more advanced functions (such as those using parameters and creating linked apps). It involved a lot of trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the support options -- both online and with the support staff. They're happy to help.

It is fantastic for us to be able to embed access to a fully functioning database on our website with out having a database administrator or other programmer around. We can just throw an Excel spreadsheet into Caspio and literally minutes later have something we know will work and that can be painlessly updated.

Caspio review by Roberto F.
Roberto F.

"Very easy to use. Powerful and cheap"

What do you like best?

You can create a complete site (full stack) in few hours based on your proprietary database

What do you dislike?

You cannot write your own function and in some cases you need it to improve the quality of your site. But in that case you have to change the approach

I have created a site to manage a sales team for the schools. The team should insert data about schools, habits, products they use.

Caspio review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Caspio - Great Customer Service and Constant Improvement"

What do you like best?

Caspio has great customer support with minimal wait times and quick availability. They release a new update to their software every couple of months that introduces new ways to use their software as well as speed up creation time. They have different levels of security to purchase depending on your business type at different price points to fit your need. Many ways to deploy their applications throughout your site from embedding to iFrame. Love this product!

What do you dislike?

So far, I've been using Caspio for 6 months and don't have much to complain about. Some features can be released a little early and not everything has been thought through. It's usually fixed in the next patch like most software though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having someone with a decent background in coding such as Javascript and jQuery to be the admin. With a couple hours of teaching, most people should be able to run this software for the most part. Extensive training may be need for aspects of Caspio.

We have been deploying table and infographics throughout our site. We recently launch a form for consumers to send information through and it gets sent to a specific email address where our team responds in orderly time. Great for customer service needs!

Caspio review by Jim A.
Jim A.

"Caspio App Builder"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to create professional and functional applications on the fly. Very powerful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I dislike not having enough time to spend developing apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very flexible and powerful tool.

Data Collection and processes outside for our ERP system.

Caspio review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"We love Caspio!"

What do you like best?

Caspio is easy to learn and use - even for a novice like me!

What do you dislike?

Documentation isn't as easy to find as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Caspio to anyone who's looking for an intuitive and easy way to display complex data in a way that's easy to understand.

Caspio makes it easy for non-programmers and those with a minimal understanding of database concepts to manipulate and display data for our newspaper readers.

"Caspio Review"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this software is!

What do you dislike?

I dislike some in the capability restrictions for more advances databases

To create more user friendly and engaging online databases

Caspio review by User

"Caspio was efficient and scalable in collecting a large number of responses. Very straightforward."

What do you like best?

What I enjoyed with caspio is the great functionality and how easy it is to build tables.

What do you dislike?

When creating the drop down values in a table, I ran into issues with formatting when exporting the data.

Being able to efficiently collect mounds of data from a large number of people in real time.

Caspio review by Administrator

"Caspio Review"

What do you like best?

Great tool for business users to create their own web applications without knowing how to code

What do you dislike?

It does take time to become familiar with development controls and user interface.

We don't have a lot of technical people on our team so we needed the ability to create our own database-centric web applications without coding

Caspio review by Internal Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Internal Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Caspio"

What do you like best?

Availability, ease of use and scalability

What do you dislike?

Its boundaries, like no user ability to create and manage scheduled email triggers.

We have successfully used caspio to create simple apps and forms. We have used it with our WordPress intranet to implement business processes and serve dynamic content to employees.

"Caspio vs access"

What do you like best?

Not needing progeamming knowledge is a big plus

What do you dislike?

Interfaces are still behind the big players

Easy and quick databases tbat dont need it support

Learning about Caspio?

* We monitor all Caspio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.