caterease

Work for caterease?

Learning about caterease?

caterease Reviews

Showing 21 caterease reviews
caterease review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"Great Capabilities! "

What do you like best?

Caterease has great offerings and capabilities! Caterease offers almost everything you can think of that would be helpful for events. You can attach photos, change fonts, insert custom text for contract verbiage, EVERYTHING! You can even export different reports about financials, attendee information, even food costs. These reports are all customizable. There are also audit trails you can generate to see exactly which employee made which updates and when to track down different details.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there are so many different options and integrations, we had trouble on my staff teaching everyone how to use the software. Many of our less-tech-savvy staff still struggles. Also, many of the integrations were an additional charge that my company wasn't able to utilize. If a company had an unlimited budget, Caterease would be the all-in-one place to manage event info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caterease offers great options including attaching photos to files, different lists and organization tools for catering -packing, purchasing, etc. - as well as handy integrations with floor planning softwares and email marketing sites. If you're looking for an all-in-one catering or event software, Caterease is a great tool.

Caterease allowed our staff to be able to update event info remotely and immediately, which helped out all of our departments. Also prints different events documents with timestamps quickly and efficiently. This was a significant upgrade for our company and our communication.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about caterease
caterease review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great Program with Flaws"

What do you like best?

CE is pretty intuitive once you start using it. It is easy to search for different clients/dates etc. This is the industry standard for catering programs, so almost anywhere you work will have you using this (I am with my second company who utilizes CE). Very easy to customize menu items and to email and PDF in the program.

What do you dislike?

I have been using CE for about 6 years, and almost DAILY, something goes wrong with the program between 2-4pm. It will either slow down, give you an error message or erase something you were typing. There was a recent update that fixed quite a few glitches with the program, but the random afternoon errors have persisted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the industry standard

I work at University that has many similar events year to year and CE makes it super easy to copy events over or look back at past events.

What Catering solution do you use?

caterease review by User in Research
User in Research

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

The format/layout of BEO's and Function sheets are very easy to customize. The catering system allows me to write up event details for staff to easily follow to execute an event. For the most part it is user friendly, I thought myself the system by reading the user guide.

What do you dislike?

There are a few quirks in the system (such as duplicate text) that I have to manually remove when typing in a new line item. Customer service has not been able to help with finding a setting to fix the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an event sales manager this system is great at keeping my events organized. I have not tried out any other catering systems but I am not looking to switch because I am happy with this product.

I use Caterease to create event sheets for staff and to send to clients to confirm event details.

caterease review by Gigi G.
Gigi G.

"Takes Some Time, But Overall Effective"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of it. It's pretty straightforward for the most part, though there are some weird features that take some time to get the hang of. It's pretty user friendly once you have worked with it for a while.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't make it particularly easy to create short-term revisions on proposals -- it won't let you export a proposal without saving it, so if you're making a few changes, you have to go back and re-adjust everything. I wish there was a way for us to just do a temporary proposal without creating a whole new event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and really play with it for a while before you begin actually sending proposals to clients. There are a lot of hidden features available that take some digging.

It's pretty easy to use for someone who's never worked with event programs before. It makes it easy to see all the upcoming events at a glance. It's color coded so users and see cancelled, pending, and confirmed events very quickly.

caterease review by Cesar H.
Cesar H.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The easiness of use is the best part of this software. I briefly used it during an events internship with Sodexo while in college and it remains one of my favorites software that I have used. It is clean, user-friendly, and everyone at the office loved it!

What do you dislike?

The design of the event orders could be a little better, but that is a matter of how used to the pre-existing design you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try as a stand-alone software. When learning it, my catering director had nothing but positives to say about the software and during the short period that I used it, I would have to whole heartedly agree.

It was easy to communicate amongst departments and to share the information amongst the staff which is always helpful.

caterease review by Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

Other then being extremely reputable and well-known/ popular in regards to catering software. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used, even next to delphi. A lot of flexibility when creating, BEO's, contracts etc. and so clean and professional. Endless customization, easy to learn and understand and the opportunities are endless in how you can use it to benefit your business.

What do you dislike?

Should you need training, it is not free - however it is so user friendly, training is rarely needed.

Provided me with the tools to keep track of clients and previous events which in turn helped us with quicker response times with repeat clientele and business.

User in Hospitality

"Caterease is a perfect tool for Catered Events! "

What do you like best?

Caterease gives you the ability to generate Proposals, Kitchen Detail Sheets, and Invoices with ease, streamlining the process. One of Caterease's best features is it's ability to email proposals straight from the software. You and the client can work back and forth quickly and easily as you develop their vision and menu.

What do you dislike?

The only notable glitch I found is that you must enter the venue under every subcategory for it to appear in the title section of the software. Also the fonts can switch up from time to time, creating some aggravation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for anyone adding catering to their services offered.

Caterease provides the benefit of quickly and easily quoting the customer and giving estimate, generating the calculations, taxes, service charges and more for you. Your client will have a clear idea of what they will pay.

caterease review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"It is amazing! 9 years in the industry and this is the best yet"

What do you like best?

It is so unbelievable easy to use. I've been in this industry five years and used to have to type everything. What really streamlines my day is that I can send saved email templates right from it and it tracks everything. Also, the event timeline tool is so useful. You can load in all of your menus and it pulls everything. You can use it to schedule your staff. Every single aspect of our operation uses it.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, when i change an email address, it keeps reverting back to the old one when I merge an email document every time even though i've changed it everywhere. This has to be some kind of glitch. Other than that, it's perfect! It would be really nice if it was easier to attach a photo. I'm still struggling with that. At first, I had a hard time figuring out how to drag over the timeline, but it got easier. Opening up multiple events would be a nice feature. Also, an easier way to search by contact name would be nice. Would be nice if this program had its own way to process cc payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth every penny!

This software is perfect. Not sure there is a business "problem" this is the answer to any company that does special events as a business, for planners, for hotels, for event venues. It's nice that you can block space, schedule staff. Other places I've worked at the process is very archaic. It's definitely better that hotel sales pro.

User in Hospitality

"Upgrade was a Downgrade"

What do you like best?

Caterease has many useful functions when booking catering events and I like the way commonly used things can be saved in "scratchpad" that can be used repeatedly without having to recreate each time.

What do you dislike?

I've used another brand that is more appealing to hotels with event space. Caterease is geared toward catering so the guestroom feature (though optional) is not strong. I could provide a laundry list of numerous things where the program falls short (both rooms and catering), but for sake of time and space I will share my biggest concern. The recent upgrade was the worst orchestrated upgrade I've experienced for any software I've used in or out of the industry. Not only did our organization lose all the customization we spent months configuring but many of the formerly functioning features no longer work. I have yet to use any of the "new" enhancements. I would be surprised to learn if the upgrade was tested in a live market because we cannot be the only facility to have these challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do small catering this software may work for you. Lots of event space with multiday use and especially guestrooms are not at all compatible with this. You can make it work but there are better alternatives.

I sell both guestroom group blocks as well as banquet space for a large hotel.

User in Hospitality

"High powered, high difficulty"

What do you like best?

This software is extremely in depth, and can handle a multitude of needs. It can be built and designed specific to your organization, and facilitates the flow of information in an easy to understand way.

What do you dislike?

Because it has so many capabilities, I feel you need a developer to be able to use it effectively. Many companies would not get the full benefit of the program, as they may not need all it of its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's a great resource for data basing client interactions, and for planning execution across multiple departments.

I like that information is kept up to date across platforms and users. Information can flow freely between departments because of the synchronization.

caterease review by Andrea D.
Andrea D.

"Saved Me From A Life of Word"

What do you like best?

Clicking in your menus and seeing food and beverage breakdowns

What do you dislike?

Finding and creating reports can be difficult.

Being able to adequately see projections and easily pull up past events while talking to clients

caterease review by Roger A C.
Roger A C.

"Caterease is such a cool breeze"

What do you like best?

its long history good word of mouth prior to using pricing functions wells

What do you dislike?

I have so far nothing to dislike and have never had any issues!

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best program I have ever seen and had the pleasure to use

it uses quick entry tools good e-mail customer service good menu option uses quickbook for our needs

caterease review by Esther K.
Esther K.

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that you can easily create a menu or product description.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly. If you make one change or add one item it doesn't update in other areas so it's needs to be manually changed in every area. Glitches happen periodically.

At this point there is no business benefit. We will have to transfer to a different software.

caterease review by User in Computer Software

"Intuitive client management and database software"

What do you like best?

Users can easily input and edit client data, as well as create orders attributed to clients. Querying is very easy and in-depth.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes becomes unresponsive. A few glitches here and there that could cause data loss.

Managing clients is a breeze with this software. Having data on all previous orders has become essential as well.

User in Hospitality

"I enjoy using Caterease, but there are ways the interface could be easier to manage "

What do you like best?

The scheduler is great, the program is very easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs- sometimes I need to restart the program when I'm trying to send an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it

We are a catering company, and we use caterease to set up events. We have definitely become better oprganized, and have seen our business grow since we started using it!

caterease review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Do not pay in full"

What do you like best?

I liked that they entered the products into the software.

What do you dislike?

I paid in full for the year and within a month of using the software, our company decided they were going to close. I called to try and get a refund of some of the $2200 I paid and not only were they very rude, management never returned by call and of course, there was no refund. The software may be good but the customer support is not understanding or responsive.

N/A

caterease review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

I like how the BEO's are detailed - as it is very important for our staff to have something that is easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

Caterease has had some problems with speed and glitches within the system

Helping clients to do more on their own and it seems to be easier for them to go directly to their account rather than calling to update things on their BEO.

caterease review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"BPS Restaurant"

What do you like best?

The customizable features and formatting that make our location uniform with other locations under the same umbrella.

What do you dislike?

Our inability to outline prep lists for our kitchen based on weekly/bi-weekly/monthly menus and upcoming events.

The platform is more advanced and versatile than the platform we were using exclusively for the last four years.

caterease review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

" Wish there weren’t some many bugs!"

What do you like best?

That my entire company uses it so we’re all on the same page otherwise not much stands out about the program

What do you dislike?

Very slow, malfunctions on a regular basis, too many not needed tools

Using it for sales invoices and menu planning

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Caterease is (mostly) user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that certain features are only available with certain versions of the product.

It is simple to keep track of clients and events.

caterease review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"Caterease"

What do you like best?

Ease for Multiple users, Easy input and selections for menu planning

What do you dislike?

slow running, freezes, updates during busy times (Friday and Saturdays)

less double bookings access for all users to view bookings

Learning about caterease?

* We monitor all caterease reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.