caterease

Showing 20 caterease reviews
caterease review by <span>Emily H.</span>
Emily H.

"Great Capabilities! "

What do you like best?

Caterease has great offerings and capabilities! Caterease offers almost everything you can think of that would be helpful for events. You can attach photos, change fonts, insert custom text for contract verbiage, EVERYTHING! You can even export different reports about financials, attendee information, even food costs. These reports are all customizable. There are also audit trails you can generate to see exactly which employee made which updates and when to track down different details.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there are so many different options and integrations, we had trouble on my staff teaching everyone how to use the software. Many of our less-tech-savvy staff still struggles. Also, many of the integrations were an additional charge that my company wasn't able to utilize. If a company had an unlimited budget, Caterease would be the all-in-one place to manage event info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caterease offers great options including attaching photos to files, different lists and organization tools for catering -packing, purchasing, etc. - as well as handy integrations with floor planning softwares and email marketing sites. If you're looking for an all-in-one catering or event software, Caterease is a great tool.

Caterease allowed our staff to be able to update event info remotely and immediately, which helped out all of our departments. Also prints different events documents with timestamps quickly and efficiently. This was a significant upgrade for our company and our communication.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about caterease
caterease review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great Program with Flaws"

What do you like best?

CE is pretty intuitive once you start using it. It is easy to search for different clients/dates etc. This is the industry standard for catering programs, so almost anywhere you work will have you using this (I am with my second company who utilizes CE). Very easy to customize menu items and to email and PDF in the program.

What do you dislike?

I have been using CE for about 6 years, and almost DAILY, something goes wrong with the program between 2-4pm. It will either slow down, give you an error message or erase something you were typing. There was a recent update that fixed quite a few glitches with the program, but the random afternoon errors have persisted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the industry standard

I work at University that has many similar events year to year and CE makes it super easy to copy events over or look back at past events.

What Catering solution do you use?

caterease review by User in Research
User in Research

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

The format/layout of BEO's and Function sheets are very easy to customize. The catering system allows me to write up event details for staff to easily follow to execute an event. For the most part it is user friendly, I thought myself the system by reading the user guide.

What do you dislike?

There are a few quirks in the system (such as duplicate text) that I have to manually remove when typing in a new line item. Customer service has not been able to help with finding a setting to fix the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an event sales manager this system is great at keeping my events organized. I have not tried out any other catering systems but I am not looking to switch because I am happy with this product.

I use Caterease to create event sheets for staff and to send to clients to confirm event details.

caterease review by <span>Gigi G.</span>
Gigi G.

"Takes Some Time, But Overall Effective"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of it. It's pretty straightforward for the most part, though there are some weird features that take some time to get the hang of. It's pretty user friendly once you have worked with it for a while.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't make it particularly easy to create short-term revisions on proposals -- it won't let you export a proposal without saving it, so if you're making a few changes, you have to go back and re-adjust everything. I wish there was a way for us to just do a temporary proposal without creating a whole new event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and really play with it for a while before you begin actually sending proposals to clients. There are a lot of hidden features available that take some digging.

It's pretty easy to use for someone who's never worked with event programs before. It makes it easy to see all the upcoming events at a glance. It's color coded so users and see cancelled, pending, and confirmed events very quickly.

caterease review by <span>Cesar H.</span>
Cesar H.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The easiness of use is the best part of this software. I briefly used it during an events internship with Sodexo while in college and it remains one of my favorites software that I have used. It is clean, user-friendly, and everyone at the office loved it!

What do you dislike?

The design of the event orders could be a little better, but that is a matter of how used to the pre-existing design you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try as a stand-alone software. When learning it, my catering director had nothing but positives to say about the software and during the short period that I used it, I would have to whole heartedly agree.

It was easy to communicate amongst departments and to share the information amongst the staff which is always helpful.

caterease review by <span>Kelsey W.</span>
Kelsey W.

"Caterease Review"

What do you like best?

Other then being extremely reputable and well-known/ popular in regards to catering software. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used, even next to delphi. A lot of flexibility when creating, BEO's, contracts etc. and so clean and professional. Endless customization, easy to learn and understand and the opportunities are endless in how you can use it to benefit your business.

What do you dislike?

Should you need training, it is not free - however it is so user friendly, training is rarely needed.

Provided me with the tools to keep track of clients and previous events which in turn helped us with quicker response times with repeat clientele and business.

Learning about caterease?

* We monitor all caterease reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.