CaterTrax

CaterTrax is a catering management software that powers kitchens and streamlines customer ordering for managed hospitality providers supporting multiple lines of business.

Work for CaterTrax?

Learning about CaterTrax?

CaterTrax Reviews

Ask CaterTrax a Question
Showing 10 CaterTrax reviews
CaterTrax review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

I've always had a knowledgeable person to help when I've had questions and when changes need made.

What do you like best?

When I have changes that need to be made they are typically made the same day and are done accurately. I've had the opportunity to work with CaterTrax staff pretty extensively between the two units I've worked for and have been happy with the outcomes. The site is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to see the title of the order when reviewing past orders. When you can't see the title of the event and don't know for sure what the date or amount are, you really have to do a lot of looking and opening orders to find the one you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is easy to use and will save time and money when it comes to processing event orders.

We can process all of our orders and I can print off all my orders for the kitchen without them having to have all the billing details and such. We can process payment right on the site and once the event is over all the billing done, we are good to go and it's paid if they are using a credit card. I love the on-line wallet and the ability to store more than one credit card for each customer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CaterTrax
CaterTrax review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

Fast and friendly service.

What do you like best?

It is easy to work within the program. It's user friendly for people who are used to doing online ordering. When I place a ticket for new requests to be added to my menu, it is often done same day.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real negatives. It would be nice if I could do some things for myself, instand of having to place a ticket. For example, change item prices, but tickets are resolved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider implementing the program if you are doing a lot of charges for catering or floor stock manually. Expect some time on implementing the program. You have to fill out a spreadsheet of all products and costs. Then, you have to assign them to the units who can order them.

After start up, it is very low maintenance. Simply added reqeusts for people and changing prices.

The reports are really nice.

We are able to use the floor stock reports to validate where our problem areas are. We can share those reports with the units, to collaborate on how to save money as well as identify waste.

What Catering solution do you use?

CaterTrax review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

Best Online Catering Ordering Software

What do you like best?

Before CaterTrax, we were spending hours inputting our catering orders into excel. I used CaterTrax at a previous job presented the benefits of using this program to my boss. He was on board, but our corporate office wanted us to use Caterease. I put together another presentation comparing the two programs and and after a long discussion, we were able to get CaterTrax. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel! This was the best thing we brought to our department and clients.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about CaterTrax.

It allows the customers more freedom to place orders at their convenience. The reports for payment and sales are helpful in keeping track of outstanding payments, where you are with sales compared to your budget for the month, help you with determining your budget for next year.

CaterTrax review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

Best Catering Order System

What do you like best?

I love that it is an entire stand alone system. Order, track and pay all without leaving the site. Store customer credit card info to speed payments.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about CaterTrax is that the deleted or canceled events do not disappear from the calendar. I would prefer that they are gone from the view, even if they are still in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whatever the price, it is well worth it. Your customers and your managers will thank you.

We are able to track catering, go through historical data and track customer spend.

CaterTrax review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Used this every day for a year when I worked for a catering company.

What do you like best?

I wLoved the organization of the program and the way it showed you which days there are events and how many there were.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t like the format it made you copy paste the information into. We had Proposals typed out in Microsoft Word and to get them into the system we had to copy paste them and when we did that it was all over the place and would not stay organized.

We had so many events every day, every week every month and every year and it really helped us stay organized and kept all the details of each event in one space. It was also easy to locate the event you wanted to click on.

CaterTrax review by <span>Kate Z.</span>
Kate Z.

Could be better

What do you like best?

In general it is user friendly, but I am able to navigate computers fairly well. Most people find the system difficult.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there is much to be desired. If you do not know how to access back end it makes edits very difficult. The folks who work customer service seem to be missing knowledge and training. When I need to make changed through their representatives, it is often done incorrectly or my requests leave the representatives confused no matter how detailed I make my requests.

The system allows us to place the orders we need in an orderly fashion but much is left for improvement.

Learning about CaterTrax?

* We monitor all CaterTrax reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.