CATS

CATS is a full-featured, web-based applicant tracking system. Accessible from any browser or mobile device, users can manage the entire tracking process from posting jobs to leading job boards and social networks to generating customized reports.

Work for CATS?

Learning about CATS?

CATS Reviews

Ask CATS a Question
Showing 79 CATS reviews
CATS review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great CRM system with great automation options for sending out email"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to use. New employees can be trained within a couple days or less to use it. Control over users and permissions. Decent price plan, and support for how it works. In other words they will help you understand how it works.

What do you dislike?

The reports that are built in. Be careful. Some numbers are dynamic , and some are static. Some are historical, some are now snapshots. CATS provides no report titles or descriptions that would tell you anything. The number in different screens don't gel with what they say either. Use API for reports , or use the report > general > users to see the true numbers based on the time frame and now. Just don't trust they are correct (the reports) Also some things only get recorded upon mouse click events. Meaning if you use the online application system, it will not show you numbers on what user got the most new application .. the web cant record the status .. cause it needs manual entry. Which defeats the point of the live site. . .Also support doesn't get technical, and neither can the staff. If you plan to use this for API and build something bigger . be aware they only have forums in which you can get tech help from. No internal support or devs it seems. Last note , if you want something to be fixed, or find a bug. You will need to gather mounds of evidence before they belive you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great system at a great price. However, ee careful with reports , they don't come right out and tell you what you are looking at per say. Be aware.

Recruiting, and staffing. Works well, we integrated with API. again be aware they may change the way the API works .. don't go too far beyond what the basics are. The built in reports are good for gauging direction ,, good or bad. Do not count on these numbers to reflect accuracy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CATS
CATS review by Ross T.
Ross T.

"User Friendly System"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and configure the system to meet the needs of your organization. The system also integrates with a number of free job boards which increases the exposure of posted positions to reach a broader audience. There is also a connection which allows users to share job orders / openings with a community of recruiters if you're a firm and willing to split placement fees with other firms. Uploading existing data is simple and integrations into an existing jobs page or website is an easy process as well.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple divisions in our company so we would like to have the option to have separate Candidate databases in our system so not all divisions are grouped together in one large bucket. Sometimes key-word searches will bring up candidate in other divisions that we do not want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a systems that's simple to use and easily configurable, this system is for you.

Being able to log and track activities on candidate for our various recruiters to utilize to eliminate duplication of efforts and keeping candidates on-track at every step in the hiring process. Also we have a process in which we pipeline candidate (or create lists) for certain positions to help with focusing efforts on filling the position. Lastly, championing the use of CATS has improved our employees detail-orientation and has allowed for them to develop habits which increase their recruiting capabilities.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

CATS review by Connie B.
Connie B.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, cost efficient and offers exactly what I need for my business.

I am a small business and CATS works perfectly for me. I like that it allows me to post my open positions on various job boards as well as my website.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like, as with any system you have to work with it and learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS will allow you to preview their system and once you do you will find that it offers the very same service as some other companies. When I have had a problem or question they are right there, I have not had to wait for someone to call me back and be down for hours or days. They were excellent in transitioning my former data base to CATS.

Easy to add and delete candidates, customers and jobs.

Allows me to track my candidates throughout the interview to hire process.

CATS review by MICHAEL S.
MICHAEL S.

"Long-time user -- I LOVE CATS!"

What do you like best?

I really love how customizable the interface is. It allows you to add or hide fields, move things around on the various screens, add triggers and workflow steps, etc. Instead of forcing you to work their way, it lets you make the ATS follow the way YOU like to work! You can easily make call lists, keep track of who has applied to which jobs, where each candidate stands in the application process, and display a complete log of all conversations and other communications with each person you deal with. I also love how easy it is to post jobs and add specific application questions for each job. It also integrates well with LinkedIn, with a browser extension that automatically imports LI candidates into CATS.

What do you dislike?

The CATS mobile app (for iPhone) is extremely limited in what it allows you to do. This should be much more robust, allowing you to do almost everything the desktop version can do. In today's mobile world, this should be a priority for the development team.

CATS makes the entire process of recruiting and business development as easy as possible. I've used may other ATS programs in the past, and I still think CATS is better (and more affordable) than most.

CATS review by Douglas S.
Douglas S.

"Cost-Effective and Robust ATS!"

What do you like best?

I have been using CATS for a variety of Clients for the past 5 years. What's very helpful is the ability to customize portals, applications, fields, workflows, and messaging/escalation of critical matters via self-performance. Other systems I have used and implemented don;t come close to CATS' ability to meet individual organizations' needs. Smooth candidate experience, instant notification on any device after a candidate applies, and meaningful KPI development.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if CATS could offer digital signatures or integration with DocuSign. Only other suggestion would be to enable a "tab" interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very robust ATS at a VERY reasonable cost. Support is incredibly responsive and will typically resolve any issues or concerns while you are on the phone with the expert. Support is provided at no additional cost.

Recruiting and tracking. I've transformed numerous Clients' hiring processes with the help of CATS. No paper files, spreadsheets, or manual notes. Every event from requisition development to hire is automated in CATS. Time-to-Fill often drops to 2-3 days thanks to the automated approval processes.

CATS review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Robust set of features for the price point"

What do you like best?

I find CATS to be very user friendly and pretty intuitive. I also think it has a really robust set of features for the price point. I work as an HR consultant and this is my top recommended ATS for my customers who are on a budget. You can't beat it! I have implemented it at 5 different businesses and they love it. It is very easy to configure and customize for your needs - anything from the workflow to email templates to triggers.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit slow to load at times, but it's usually not a problem. I would also like to see better reporting/metrics, and the ability to run email campaigns from within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see if you like it!

Manage your candidates in a strategic way. Mitigate risk with good documentation/record keeping. Provide a great candidate experience by using triggers and templates.

CATS review by Tatiana B.
Tatiana B.

"Better than the other ATS's"

What do you like best?

CATS is workflow based, and allows bulk messages, which were a couple things that are absolute must haves in an ATS. We find it way more user friendly than Bullhorn and other ATS's that are made for agencies.

What do you dislike?

It's tough to distinguish between an update to one workflow, and a state of being. For instance, if someone is Not On Market - and I've marked that on one role, I would have to update it somewhere in the candidate record as well. In my ideal world, I could set this for 6 mo and it would go away after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS customer service team is mostly responsive, but could still be even better at taking the time to understand the business case behind certain requests.

We want everyone in our system to always be discoverable. We even find that when the client said oh we filled the role with... Bob Jones... well, Bob Jones is in our system. We just have to classify things so that it is easier to find things again.

CATS review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"Excellent, customizable ATS and CMS in one package!"

What do you like best?

The ease of customizing both contacts and candidate workflow and data fields. Email, calendar and other platform services integrations for posting, etc.

What do you dislike?

Needs a better system to document and schedule of internal follow-up on the candidate or contact profile without emailing the candidate or contact. An internal tickler system while logging an activity, schedule a task or event. CATS needs to have texting capability. Understand this is on the product roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reporting is really in need of an overhaul. Need to take the corporate customer in mind of the data and how the data is accessed and presented. Needs to have ad-hoc reporting. Candidate screening is okay, but no real way to force rank candidates. The job portal on mobile is good, which is a big win when getting candidates to apply. For the internal user of CATS, a mobile app really needs to be developed. Currently just the website access which is cumbersome and hard to navigate on mobile. 2018, CATS needs to get into the mobile age allowing recruiters to access their jobs, candidates and quick evaluation and outreach to candidates. See Zip Recruiter's mobile platform. Super easy to navigate and syncs with the web application on desktop. Go mobile CATS!

The ability to create separate job portals per client and create screening questions per job or using templates is great for the RPO space.

CATS review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Applicant workflow, messaging, branding, posting customizable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The amount of standard ready-to-go features are great. Customizing in every phase of workflow is powerful.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more features made available to turn on or off for the Hiring Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an internal HR/HRIS person who is dedicated to HR workflow tools you'll do fine. If you don't, I strongly recommend outsourcing. www.hrpartner.pro.

I provide an HR outsourcing model www.hrpartner.pro to small and medium businesses from 5 to 250 employees. For my CATS users, I become the clients HRIS strategist. Applicants experience a direct process and are not left with the infamous "black hole" that most ATS systems leave them in. I know this is more on the user to manage but CATS makes it very easy to engage and disengage applicants with respect and timeliness. In a competitive market, the best applicants seem to recognize this and are positively influenced by great customer service. The war for talent is now real. My clients that have been with me for several years are growing their talent and in proactive mode while their competitors are experiencing hyper turnover and slow hiring processes.

CATS review by Bobbi C.
Bobbi C.

"Extremely user friendly system, very flexible to your org"

What do you like best?

I liked that not only did it perform all the functions I needed it to, but that it was highly customizable to what the organization needed. Quite cost effective and approachable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet! The team has been super responsive, the system is reliable from both an administrative and hiring manager perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used iCIMS at my previous job, and wish I'd known about CATS earlier. WAY more straight forward, and still functioned in all the ways we needed it to. Great support team as well. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

The organization that I implemented this system for was using excel to track their applicants and a folder system within gmail to manage communication. This linked to outlook, capturing all correspondence, neatly put candidates in the right places for all to see, and allowed for easier tracking/visibility into pipeline management.

CATS review by Administrator

"Good solution, easy, but needs some more robust features."

What do you like best?

- Customer service is great

- Easy to configure

- Usually always fast and responsive (Sometimes issue with cloud packages)

- Logging is usually very accurate

- Logical design and easy to find what you are looking for

- Easy to work with Hiring Managers to get profiles to them for review, etc. Including logged feedback.

What do you dislike?

- No agency management portal, with included duplicate blocking feature (IE, when an agency uploads an application with email, it automatically blocks the application, and alerts the HR. Like Taleo, SFDC, etc, can do)

- No indication to Hiring Managers that other Hiring Managers have approved a candidate. (IE, when you select multiple Hiring Managers but only one is required for approval, and someone approves, no one gets a notification about it so causes confusion and delays for others. It would be great if they got an email or something to say no need to review or approve anymore)

- Reporting is so-so. Currently have to run manual reports as its so-so on running reports that matter most, like conversion rates, etc.

- Working in the system email tracking and success rates is so-so. Its capable of doing and the rational for not doing it for individuals is macro view is better, but in a candidate driven market, its not. It would be SUPER useful to be able to click on the mails you sent that were tracked in the candidate profile to see what happened and get more robust insights (IE, like Yesware)

- No SMS ability and tracking.

(The dislike part looks long, but just improvement points. The positives outweigh these parts, but would be awesome to have.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read my review.

Everything... lol! When I joined there was no ATS.... it was a challenging situation. This tool helped get up and running rather quickly and easily with minimal support required.

"CATS User Since 2012"

What do you like best?

I've used other systems and what I personally like about CATS is it's not overly complex. It's fairly intuitive and there's not a lot of extraneous features to make it more complex than it needs to be.

What do you dislike?

To be fair, I don't spend a lot of time looking at features as I'm usually busy doing the things that need to be done, but reporting is one thing that comes to mind that might be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use and functional ATS that's affordable, CATS will suit you well.

Mainly tracking candidates through our process. Makes it easy to go back and read through notes on a candidate. Dealing with the volume that we do, it's hard to remember every detail and there have been a number of times that I've forgotten details about a candidate that jogged my memory once I was able to go back and review.

CATS review by Agency
Agency

"Simple and Clean User Interface"

What do you like best?

* Simple and clean user interface, cleanest of all ATS I reviewed

* Integration with company website and job boards

* Lightening fast search in database

* EVERYTHING is searchable

* Support team is very quick

* Web based software

* Fair price

What do you dislike?

I can't think of one thing that I dislike about CATS.

If I had to make a new feature recommendation, it would be to integrate with Google Contacts. Then, because of Caller ID, I would see the name of the person calling my cell phone before I answer the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like clean and simple software, look no further.

CATS keeps me organized and efficient.

CATS review by Doug O.
Doug O.

"The Best Recruiting ATS On The Market"

What do you like best?

I have been in recruiting for 22 years. My first ATS was an Excel Spreadsheet. CATs allows you to fits your personal preferences in a very robust system that takes you through Account Management, Job Order Tracking, Candidate Pipeline, Interviews, Starts, and Revenue. You do get everything you need plus it integrates with all social media and digital calendars.

What do you dislike?

Like all cloud-based systems, data retrieval can take time, but at least you know your data is always backed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth your investment. You will see your ROI with your first placement.

It is a one-stop repository for all necessary data involved with client development and recruiting ATS

CATS review by Shaela N.
Shaela N.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The display and easy-to-navigate features, especially the tagging and trigger options.

What do you dislike?

It's not a make or break by any means, but if I could separate my lists into groups like I can with tags, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the triggers when changing a status for a candidate - it will save you and your team an IMMENSE amount of time!

Tracking talent, especially if a candidate applies for a role they are not qualified for, it allows us to track them and follow up if there is a role that opens up in the future which is a better fit to their experience.

CATS review by Diego D.
Diego D.

"Easy out of the box usability "

What do you like best?

I needed Cats for a startup talent acquisition department. It's so easy to setup and use no implementation any expensive start-up fees but with most of the features of the bigger guys.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the reporting tool was a little more robust and I would love an SMS text message integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system with Quick start-up functionality

Hiring and recruiting has been made a lot easier

CATS review by Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"CATS is making my business simplify."

What do you like best?

CATS has been customizable to the way our company works and their development of new reporting and time saver features gives my business a technological edge in an all ready highly-competitive market!

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be even more robust. We also would like it to eventually integrate with our VOIP phone system but we know that Is in development along with a text feature.

Having a customizable work flow has helped us to mirror in CATS what is happening in the candidate lifecycle. It has also been scalable from day one. We’ve been using CATS for over 7 years!

CATS review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Professional Excellence"

What do you like best?

It's straight and to the point on what it offers. I hope they never change a thing. It is truly perfect.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to be that picky honestly. It's fine. The email integration sometimes messes up and you have to reset it, but I'm just being picky. Only takes a second to fix it.

Being able to stay organized. We didn't even use an ATS before this. We can both post to job boards and have an ATS all in one. It's a solution that requires only one program instead of multiple. It even emails for you.

CATS review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Cost effective and efficient CRM for Staffing"

What do you like best?

Resume parsing, simple candidate ratings, job board, automated emails. Simple to see resumes directly through mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a mobile app with similar functionality/ access to work from while on the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend looking at this system over other products.

Cost effective solution, simplicity of processes and ease of use.

CATS review by Shawn P.
Shawn P.

"The Simple Essentials"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use whencomes to exporting and importing candidates.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more integrations and the chrome extension worked on more sites.

My entire process is efficiency and relies heavily on importing and exporting candidates through .csv sheets. I currently recruiting forand Engineering candidates. I can generate a list of 1000 target candidates in less than 3-4 hours through data extraction and reach 400 candidates over the phone with a power dialer system. This is the only system that gives me the flexibility I need.

CATS review by ed m.
ed m.

"CATS ATS"

What do you like best?

Regular improvements/upgrades, Quick support

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome/time-consuming. To get annual discount, all users must be paid for up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy-to-learn, basic ATS that is constantly improving and provides great support, CATS is a good choice.

CATS keeps us organized and provides detailed records of each candidate and job pipeline.

CATS review by Stephen O.
Stephen O.

"Easy, efficient and it works"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive approach to workflow. CATS has come a long way in over 10 years.

What do you dislike?

Wish one washable to text candidates from within app (apparently this is a feature that is coming soon)

Ability to be able to work on any platform, anywhere makes CATS a joy to use.

CATS review by Jacomin S.
Jacomin S.

"I spent 6 months researching ATS systems and concluded that CATS is is the best"

What do you like best?

Workflow and possibility to customize the pages - creating new fields etc.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have SMS integration. I would love to send sms from CATS and track SMS received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cant go wrong !! Its the best.

Saving a huge amount of time on administration and email tracking

CATS review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"User Friendly Applicant Tracking Platform"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate through the software

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of as it fits our need

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a user friendly applicant tracking software this is the one for you.

Keeping the candidates flow organized and being able to follow up more efficiently

CATS review by User

"Great Workflow/Automation and Easily Customizable"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize/automate workflow and minimize "unnecessary" clicks.

Free auto posting to to Glassdoor, Indeed and more....

Plug-in with ability to import resumes directly from LinkedIn, Indeed and similar.

Plug-in tracks all emails to/from candidate even if emails sent from recruiters regular email (outside CATS)

What do you dislike?

Calendaring didn't work well for me.

Wish there were plug-in or ability to import resume directly from a word document....

Reporting (internal and EEOC), process automation.

Able to better maximize our hiring potential and hit opportunities that we might otherwise miss.

CATS review by Julian C.
Julian C.

"Solid CRM for processing candidates"

What do you like best?

Catsone offers a flexible workflow I can tailor to my client needs

What do you dislike?

The cost per user is not cheap, but I don't believe it is out of line with the value provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on your templates and your status workflow. It will take a little bit to find your perfect workflow and your message to your candidates.

When I 1st found Catsone, I had 700 candidates clogging up my email. I was able to streamline and keep the candidates organized without building spreadsheets.

CATS review by User

"Good if you're on a budget"

What do you like best?

I like the search feature - it pulls the people closest to what you're searching for above ones who aren't the best match.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels very confusing. I still haven't fully figured it out. The workflows aren't really intuitive like a Taleo system, but Taleo is also far more expensive, so it's all about balance I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to customize it. We didn't realize it needed customization when we first implemented it, and it was terrible (as any un-customized product will be).

Tracking candidates for EEOC compliance. It works decently, but didn't include a default setting for hiding the self-id from recruiters which I feel it should have defaulted to.

CATS review by Manickavel  M.
Manickavel M.

"Best for sending Email merges "

What do you like best?

The most i like is, sending an email merge from the tool to pool of candidates from our candidates database. Its an awesome feature.

What do you dislike?

So many duplicate names and duplicate resumes can be added for a single person and hence forth it is very difficult to keep one record for each person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure will recommened

1. Interview Scheduling. 2. Interview remainder email sending. 3. Resume submission to Manager 4. Uploading resumes into our database. 5. Visibility of all employees using CATS

CATS review by Karen M.
Karen M.

"Cats ATS"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and intuitive. Keeps track of everything and has some nice Add-ons that make the process even smoother

What do you dislike?

sometimes it is slow and gets stuck. Also adds candidates to all jobs when forwarding resumes. If it is listed in the subject line. That tends to be an inconvenience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course

Able to add and delete users as needed Helps us to keep track of candidates and our interactions with them as well

"Satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

The CATS workflow is efficient and allows me to customize it to my needs and process. The CATS Chrome extension saves me a lot of time when adding online resumes to my database

What do you dislike?

The pricing has increased substantially from when I first became a customer and it was around $39/month. The product continues to improve, but I still feel like the pricing has spiked in a way that may not be fully warranted.

Keeping track of various recruiting projects and being able to see relevant reports has solved the problem of keeping my clients and candidates updated. Being able to transfer candidate pipelines to new projects has saved time.

CATS review by Administrator

"Meets many of our HR needs in One place"

What do you like best?

Ability to post jobs on multiple site from one location. Ability to put on HOLD when we are not posting jobs. Storing resumes on the cloud

What do you dislike?

As a small business owner the monthly cost can be daunting at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best online HR source I've located. Provides features I have yet to tap into. Would highly recommend

Meets our HR needs in one place. Saves space and time, no hard drive space to store resumes need at our local office. Saves cost to post on each job site. Saves time posting to each site. Can contact multiple potential employees, saves previous job posts.

CATS review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"CATS ATS"

What do you like best?

I like the simple drag and drop functionality of the system.

What do you dislike?

The bulk email capability doesn't have good reporting or SPAM recognition - it could be developed further. I've resorted to using another system and having to export my data out of CATS to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

update email system to resemble other email automation and marketing softwares

daily interaction with candidates, clients

CATS review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Full featured, great value"

What do you like best?

CATS has a great feature set "right out of the box" so to speak. The greatest strength, though, is the degree to which you can customize it to meet your business needs / preferences. This is always being improved upon and the support team is extremely helpful in finding ways beyond the obvious to accomplish this, as well.

Speaking of the support team, they are the 2nd best thing about this software - very responsive and knowledgeable and always follow-through.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue isn't with CATS so much as the fact that along with the overwhelming advantage to cloud-based software comes the obvious downside of being dead in the water if your internet is flaky (Hey Comcast, I'm looking at you) or when traveling and it's intermittent etc. So that just is what it is and it's a trade-off that is well-worth it for the advantages. In terms of the product itself, I'd like to see the mobile app have a little more useful functionality such as adding tasks etc. Also, more flexibility for custom building reports on activity etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can sign up to demo / try the full featured interface - best way to find out if it will meet your needs. When doing so, though, do not hesitate to ask how to accomplish something. Even if it is not obvious, chances are the support team can make CATS do what you want it to

The integration with other sites allow me to source much more quickly, make my job posting process far more efficient. The customization give me much greater control over my business and have been very helpful in my split partnership processes.

CATS review by ★ Debbie D.
★ Debbie D.

"Its good, but could be better with more reports"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, inexpensive, nice feature to add jobs to multiple sites.

What do you dislike?

There is just one report, a job order report, which can have "quick notes", job location, recruiter name, etc. added to the reports. But we need basic reports on individual recruiter productivity, and CATS doesn't offer any. Its weird because we enter the data, but there's just no quick reports to pull the information we've entered and print a simple report on a recruiter's monthly/quarterly/yearly placements, interviews, submittals, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is just one report, a job order report, which can have "quick notes", job location, recruiter name, etc. added to the reports. But we need basic reports on individual recruiter productivity, and CATS doesn't offer any. Its weird because we enter the data, but there's just no quick reports to pull the information we've entered and print a simple report on a recruiter's monthly/quarterly/yearly productivity such as placements, interviews, submittals, etc.

Good, basic Applicant Tracking System

CATS review by Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"CATS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and configuration it seamlessly makes process workflows and the candidate. The service is outstanding and support is great!

What do you dislike?

reporting configuration is a bit clunky and lacks visualizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cats simplifies the process and communicates directly to them through one system.

Being able to rapidly scan review and upload candidates.

CATS review by Thyra G.
Thyra G.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that job postings are included in the price. It is easy to add jobs orders and candidates.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times and get stuck. I wish it was cloud based vs internet based.

Keeps all our resumes in once place. Good, basic Applicant Tracking System

CATS review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Simple to Use, Powerful, Well Supported and Enhanced"

What do you like best?

CATS has been our applicant tracking system over 4 years now, and we are not looking to go anywhere else. We are able to integrate CATS into our website, the applicant and client experience is streamlined and well presented, and overall, the workflows we are able to build on the recruiter-side, are intuitive and powerful.

What do you dislike?

Some of the email integration tools are on their way to being enhanced, i.e. not in real time. However there are new features and enhancements implemented often.

Our recruiting business depends on a high-availability solution for candidates to submit applications, and for recruiters to workflow through large numbers of candidates at a time. This solution is the all-in-one application we need for a smooth staffing business.

CATS review by Christian P.
Christian P.

"Its fine"

What do you like best?

Link to linkedin sucks data accurately for candidates

What do you dislike?

Not able to search database on requirements. You can boolean but it is not smart enough to search on the keywords and aspects of a req. This is why we left.

None we dropped it.

CATS review by Dennis K.
Dennis K.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Straight forward app, efficient and easy way to track applicants. love its simplicity

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact I cant preview the Pdf and doc attachments within the app

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS is the best and ease to use app for ATS

Streamlining recruitment process

CATS review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Great applicant tracking and customer service"

What do you like best?

You can easily manage your candidate pipeline. You can post to multiple job boards with the click of a button. Track your emails automatically.

What do you dislike?

Not able to easily search for candidates in existing database by keyword. If you have multiple users you may find it difficult to customize your settings for each person's preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Communicate with customer service, they are very helpful!

Candidate pipeline tracking is much improved. It is very helpful to manage all of your candidates in one place.

"User Friendly ATS"

What do you like best?

CATS is easy to learn, use, and customize

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the reporting was more robust

As a recruiting firm CATS is the heart of our operations. The benefits I see most is the ease of training new users.

CATS review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use software; fast technical support; comprehensive support website. When we had questions about functionality we were able to schedule a phone call with a technical support rep who walked us through the product, almost as a mini-custom user training session.

What do you dislike?

The location of some of the features is not intuitive (you have to hunt around for it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you evaluate your needs first and then determine if the various elements of the software match.

CATS helps us to streamline the hiring process. We have saved many labor hours in chasing paper, creating individual emails, and checking on the status of job postings. CATS allows us to do all of those features and more.

CATS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Decent system, but needs work"

What do you like best?

CATS is relatively inexpensive compared to similar candidate tracking systems, and largely does what we need it to do. Customer Service has also been responsive to our suggestions.

What do you dislike?

It has a clumsy user-interface, and it has fairly limited uses. In order to record the information we are legally required to track, we have to use certain elements quite creatively, but are still unable to easily gather the data we need. It is also not mobile friendly, which is becoming imperative as more people start exclusively using mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to review all of the limitations of CATS before purchasing a subscription, and compare it with the features you need. However, due to the low cost of a subscription, it would be worthwhile to do a test run to see if the system meets your company's needs.

We use CATS for tracking our recruiting efforts.

CATS review by Anna R.
Anna R.

"Customized to Needs of Company"

What do you like best?

I love the customization that is allowed with CATS. It is easy to learn and the staff of CATS is friendly and really tries to help with any issues that you are experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Only minor annoyances but CATS works on a regular basis to enhance the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a completely customized ATS then you should consider CATS.

Keeping track of our candidates for our nationwide positions.

CATS review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Successful Use of CATS Applicant Tracking System with a Small Recruiting Team "

What do you like best?

The product is customizable, integrates well with email and the customer service team is responsive to feedback.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the internal database search is very optimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great with a small team. utilize your email triggers.

This has worked really well for collaborating on a small team of recruiters and this is very easy to log notes and statuses and see history of those notes and logs.

CATS review by Ana R.
Ana R.

"CATS is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

CATS is very user friendly, totally customizable and they have great customer service. Posting a job is very easy.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more integration in the HR and on-boarding side. I also would like to be able to track employees' credentials expiration dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solved job posting and distribution issues.

CATS review by Agency
Agency

"Excellent tracking system!"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to customize the fields for my specific company

What do you dislike?

The negative about CATS is that the prices is high for small buiness - i

Recommendations to others considering the product

shop prices, I understnad there are other systems that add multiple users for less than the first user, prices tier down with each additional user- way expensive for small company

The benefits include following candidates through the entire process, search capabilites are great

CATS review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Ability to track candidates through our interview process."

What do you like best?

The cost and accessibility for small business. We are a search firm.

What do you dislike?

I have been using CATS for 4+ years and have no no dislikes at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small executive search firm. CATS is cost effective for our company.

We now have an ATS to track our candidates, we only use Module 1. CATS is cost effective, easy to access and we get great customer support.

CATS review by Administrator

"Best ATS I've used in years"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and maneuver through

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches and the fact that it doesn't always catch duplicates and parses in Anonymous resumes

Easy work flow

CATS review by Administrator

"Decent ATS but I'm sure there's better ones out there"

What do you like best?

I like how you can customize fields and the UI is easy to read and use

What do you dislike?

Little to no reporting or data, there's some weird functionalities if you want to pull reports and download CSV of candidates and it's not very apparent and TONS of bugs and issues that will take a day or two to resolve.

Storing candidate data and tracking them through the process.

CATS review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"4th Year Using CATS"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use features. Scalable, cloud-based great desgin

What do you dislike?

Not too much. I do wish there was a mobile app.

Tracking and communicating with our candidates

CATS review by LeQuay M.
LeQuay M.

"CATS is an excellent recruiting solution for both Corporate & Agency Recruitment Professionals"

What do you like best?

Let me start by saying that I have been with CATS for the past few years. My experience has been nothing short of excellent.

CATS has far more robust features than the other recruitment systems I've explored and/or used. It can be used to manage candidate flow for existing requisitions or to build strategic candidate pipelines for the needs of the future. CATS is easy to customize the system internally to work within your existing recruitment processes. Most of the other tools I've used has required us to create multiple work around processes forcing and even change our internal processes to meet the requirements of the system. This isn't the case with CATS and it only took us an hour or two to set it up.

CATS has made various plug-ins available free of charge to its subscribers. These plug-ins allow you to do everything from edit resumes within the system using a Microsoft Word Plug-in, leverage WordPress, and even send LinkedIn profiles and resumes from job boards directly into the CATS system.

You can easily move data from other recruiting systems to CATS. You can either upload large batches of resumes or even upload a CSV document from Excel directly into the system.

One of the best features behind CATS is that it is a tool that continues to grow and is always improving. They continue to grow in excellence through the value they place on the feedback from their subscribers. Many of the suggestions recommended by subscribers have been implemented very successfully and relatively quickly.

I strongly recommend any organization looking for an extremely robust and customizable recruitment solution to consider CATS. You can even avoid lengthy contracts.

What do you dislike?

The only opportunity for improvement is to further build out partnerships with external tools on the sourcing front like TalentHook, and resume databases.

Saving time managing the recruitment process, finding talent quickly and cost effectively, and saving time posting jobs to various career boards.

CATS review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"CATS is excellent! Easy to use and powerful!"

What do you like best?

CATS does not make you stop what you're doing and figure out how to use it. It's a very powerful tool, but like a carpenter has a hammer you just use it, you don't have to think about how to use it. Very logical and unobtrusive.

What do you dislike?

needs better reporting and better mobile access

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overspend for products that wind up having more than you need.

I have used CATS since 2007 to handle applicant tracking for our hiring process of typically 50+ FT hires per year

CATS review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"The best ATS you've never heard of"

What do you like best?

CATS is not widely known but it's a modern and advanced ATS system. It's a product that can be used by staffing firms or internal staffing. It's a comprehensive, open source, hosted, and very well thought out. I left Bullhorn to transition to CATS. When you call CATS a human being answers and they actually answer your questions and care about you as a fellow human being. It's a month-to-month commitment, they don't own your data - you can download all your data at anytime. They are very forward thinking and a refreshing change from Bullhorn.

What do you dislike?

It's hosted so you don't have a working copy when you are offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oh... did I mention, there's a one month free trial! You can't go wrong. Not every ATS is for you, you have to try them out to see if they speak your language. Here's a company that will let you use the full product for free for the first month. Try getting that from any of the large vendors in the space.

I'm able to track all my clients, candidates, jobs, and the tracking of all activity within one hosted application that is also mobile friendly.

CATS review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Strong ATS at reasonable price for all the functionality"

What do you like best?

Excellent ATS system for tracking job openings and candidates. Great plugin for browsers, outlook and word to easily import resumes and candidate profiles.

They are regularly updating the systems so you so on going improvements

Customer service is really good

Compared to other offering in the marketplace they are very competitively priced

What do you dislike?

The CRM capability for business development is just OK

Real time saving in getting candidates into the ATS which has been a benefit.

"Director "

What do you like best?

I believe it is easy to track candidates and put notes into the database. Its not to expensive for a small firm . I like you can post jobs and look at indeed.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be more training for us. I have never had any training from cats.

We do recruitment for healthcare.

CATS review by Travis L.
Travis L.

"Ease of use and quickly implemented. Return of investment was reached withing 2 months."

What do you like best?

I have been using Cats for several years. I was able to obtain my return of investment within 2 months. I would highly recommend a Demo.

What do you dislike?

I think they could have a function where they could obtain candidates info from user groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend a trial or a demo.

I am able to use the database to quickly identify qualified candidates for highly technical positions.

CATS review by Consultant

"Very cost effective ATS"

What do you like best?

I love the cost and I truly enjoy the intuitiveness of the system. The customization is also pretty great.

What do you dislike?

It starts to get much more technical when you try to customize work flows and add in automatic responses to certain actions.

Consolidated resume database, automatic web posting to job sites is fantastic!

CATS review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Brilliant"

What do you like best?

I've tried lots of ATS and cats was the best by far. Easy to customise, intuitive, easy to segment and mega easy to add prospects from LinkedIn, just one click.

What do you dislike?

The price was a bit high at the time. My employer will not use a cloud based service.

Good overview of candidates and roles, easy to add people.

CATS review by Phoebe D. B.
Phoebe D. B.

"FUll Desk Recruiter utilize CATS for ATS"

What do you like best?

The add-in toolbars for Outlook and Firefox

What do you dislike?

The search feature is basically useless unless searching by name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an ATS that can provide relevant reports and metrics this is not the right use. If you want an upgraded resume database or repository this will fit your needs.

CATS is a very affordable ATS and can push your job postings out to various sites with one action.

CATS review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"it makes my life easier and I wouldn't think of changing applicant tracking systems."

What do you like best?

it's very intuitive and easy to customize. There was a very short learning curve but the best part is that their customer service is second to none. They are always accessible and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

honestly I can't think of anything that I dislike. I've never had any issues with their server being down. I just wish I had more time to take advantage of all the tools CATS has to offer.

I'm a one-man operation so I have to handle front office, back office, recruiting and marketing. CATS helps me stay on track via the dashboard and alerts to keep the focus on candidates and clients alike.

CATS review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Innovative ATS"

What do you like best?

Innovative Platform that is very very user friendly and very sleek design and model

What do you dislike?

In order to complete some tasks, you would have to click several buttons which was a bit disadvantageous at times.

We were able to manage a full cycle ATS with CATS

CATS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very User Friendly Recruiting Tool for Small Companies"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and Intuitive for new users. Support has been very good. They are continually adding features and you can tell this company is in it to make their customers happy. Also like that there are multiple ways to add new candidates to the account via the firefox toolbar and email forwarding.

What do you dislike?

Service is set up best to work in a single recruiter, single office setting. We have multiple locations and multiple recruiters and when they all use the same account it becomes chaotic. We work around this by having separate accounts for each office, but this becomes expensive and hard to manage at our current scale.

Also dislike that there is no dedicated functionality for interviewers. They either have to be users or hiring managers, but we need something in the middle to accommodate our managers who are a part of the process, but not the whole thing.

Saves our recruiters time by helping them flow candidates through their respective pipelines smoother.

CATS review by Agency in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Agency in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"CATS review"

What do you like best?

I find it to be a very user friendly ATS and have been using it for 7 years

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of and it is a very easy to use reasonably priced product

Consolidation of resumes in one central place and candidate notes and statuses

CATS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use and inexpensive"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This is a fairly simple ATS to get up and running in a short period of time and it does all the basics well, in terms of tracking prospects and applicants.

What do you dislike?

There is limited reporting capability and it does not provide a 'canned' report to review all open requisitions and candidates in play on one report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy to use product.

We are better able to keep track of all candidates in play for each requisition AND build a database of potential candidates for future openings.

CATS review by Egon K.
Egon K.

"Kick Started my recruiting business!"

What do you like best?

Personable and knowledgable team supporting the product. Excellent trigger email and template functionality. Outperforms client's enterprise systems and impresses them with the options and functionality.

What do you dislike?

Additional International free job site integrations would be beneficial.

Easy to use and wonderful customization which significantly reduces backend work for us.

CATS review by Debbie P.
Debbie P.

"CatsOne - KISS"

What do you like best?

Pedigo Staffing Services has used CatsOne for almost a year. CatsOne has a short learning curve. It is flexible to perform through your business processes the way you want to work. It is visual in a logical format. It has a powerful search tool. CatsOne listens to its customers when creating new features. I have used just about every ATS system known. CatsOne is, by far, the best thing out there at a great price!

What do you dislike?

We need more companies utilizing Commons feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free.

Getting Geeks to companies faster and more qualified.

CATS review by Administrator

"Been a decent experience (so far), but don't have another ATS to compare (Cats only one ever had)"

What do you like best?

There is an ease of use with the system, posting jobs, etc.

What do you dislike?

Indeed candidate searches provided more info (contact info for free)~now it paid only. Assuming your license with them expired.

Job postings, and everything attache to our website.

CATS review by Crystal R.
Crystal R.

"Wonderful Product for Applicants and Employee Forms"

What do you like best?

We have been using this product since the end of 2013 and have been able to successfully accept applications online and receive employee forms online once they have been hired. It is both easy to use and understand. We have saved time, money and energy for our non-profit. I would recommend this product to anyone!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to view an attachment prior to sending email.

It is taking less time to process applicants while saving money not having to print out paper forms.

CATS review by Caitlin H.
Caitlin H.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use to track and record all information on a job but advanced enough to conduct filters and run reports on specific information for every applicant.

What do you dislike?

Rarely there will be software updates and changes to the system where little visual/search tool glitches appear. As soon as we contact technical support it is fixed.

It helps us organize every job and track the steps/process they went through to the finished product.

"Good expereince"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how user friendly and customizable the CATS system is

What do you dislike?

I would like the reporting features to be improved.

Lots of automation capabilities make day to day processes easier and time efficient!

CATS review by Agency in Utilities
Agency in Utilities

"Vice President of Operations"

What do you like best?

CATS is a great tracking system to use very easy to use for first users of tracking system

What do you dislike?

I wish they had discounts to offer for any additional users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, starter system to use.

N/A

CATS review by Nicole K.
Nicole K.

"Efficient and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to set-up and use. Our recruiting processes is much more organized and efficient now. The free sites that job openings are posted on is also a great incentive for a small non-profit.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see more reporting capabilities.

There was previously no applicant tracking system in place - this has helped us turn our process around!

CATS review by Administrator

"Easy to use and fulfill our needs of a recruitment tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, plug in with Linkedin saves a lot of work

What do you dislike?

Should be easier to track emails between candidates and hiring managers

Saving time, keeping track of the processes.

CATS review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Cats has been super easy to use and would highly recommend to anyone in recruiting!"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use. Out of the box it's just simple and easy to customize to how you do business.

What do you dislike?

The older version used to make it hard to edit candidate profile pages but this has been corrected now

We used Zoho recruit prior and this is much simpler and now give depth to reporting

CATS review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to have an ATS as well as a lead development system in one tool

What do you dislike?

Not enough customization / workflow options

Recruiting

"Basic but effective "

What do you like best?

Very self explanatory and easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Glitchy and a bit slow to use and navigate

Keeping candidates updated and tracking statuses.

CATS review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Awesome ATS - CATS Gets it Done!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, clean layout, customization of work flow and several other processes.

What do you dislike?

Limited internal company branding (User facing).

Improved efficiency and accuracy for recruitment lifecycle.

CATS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great, the customer service is some of the best. "

What do you like best?

Usability

Email integration

Customer service

What do you dislike?

Email interface could be simpler

Nothing else

Easy to find candidates

Learn more about CATS

CATS Videos

CATS Downloads

Learning about CATS?

* We monitor all CATS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.