CATS

CATS is a full-featured, web-based applicant tracking system. Accessible from any browser or mobile device, users can manage the entire tracking process from posting jobs to leading job boards and social networks to generating customized reports.

Work for CATS?

Learning about CATS?

CATS Reviews

Ask CATS a Question
Showing 113 CATS reviews
CATS review by Mackensey P.
Mackensey P.

"Organized, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that you can funnel all your job orders and applications into one spot. Easy to use, search engine yields great results when searching for anything. I like that it's easy to keep track of what you're working on, you can make notes for yourself on candidates for your other employees to see. You can mark off what you're working on and whether or not the candidate moves to the next round. Essentially made it easier for everyone to see what everyone else was working on. Everything is viewable in one spot. We can see how many job postings we have, we can see how many applicants come in, we can see how many we have declined or moved to the next round YOY.

What do you dislike?

There is a 40 character minimum but I can't say there is much that I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Super easy to use, organized, allows communication to be seamless with whoever your working with or whatever departments. Easy to make and leave notes, change candidate statuses, add, remove, alter job postings and job orders. Would definitely recommend!

CATS overall mostly just helped us with organization. Everyone can see, track and make notes on candidates or whatever it is we are working on.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CATS
CATS review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Best tool for Agency Recruiters"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in the system it is robost without being over engineered! It allows loading from LinkedIn which few tools do!

What do you dislike?

I wish when we searched in the candidate files there was a way to load that to a "project" or at minimum page from record to record without having to go back to the list every single time. I don't use the sourcing feature in the tool very often due to the lack of paging item from person to person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are seeking a great pipeline product and one that has nearly everything you need yet at a cost effective price and without a contract this one is amazing! It allows us to be flexible in our business as we have recruiters that don't work full time or take summers off thus it allows us to turn on and off the cost of the tool, we love this product!

Recruiters by nature are not detailed in data entry and CATS ease of use makes this less painful for them. Time savings for entry of candidates from LinkedIn vs any other system I have used

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

CATS review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Customize customize customize"

What do you like best?

I love the responsiveness of the CATS support team, they're willing to troubleshoot and entertain new suggestions. The ability to customize just about every field and feature available makes the system work very well for us, even between different teams within our organization. The community tips and suggestions are helpful. The CATS extension for importing candidates is also excellent.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a facelift, however, it's grown on me as my appreciation of the software has increased. Some of the features are not as intuitive as I would have anticipated, but they're the type of errors that you only make once and never forget. I'd like to be able to use multiple email addresses as I have multiple clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this time, there are not separate pricing tiers for admin vs recruiter. One form of CATS (HR) has interview templates while the other does not - many features would be useful for both groups.

We've been able to decrease the number of applications that we require to track our applicants. By utilizing the tasks feature, we've gotten rid of our reliance on much of the project management software. We're able to store quite a bit of information on a job order page which time. There seems to be an overall sense of improved organization.

CATS review by Phillip H.
Phillip H.

"Far beyond all expectations!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the CATS ATS is one of the greatest things I've seen in this industry. The ease of use and adaptability make it number one in my book. The way we are able to track and pull reporting has cut down on back end work for our HR department by a great deal. I can not recommend this program enough to any company that is struggling with little resources or budgeting. It's cheap, easy to use, easy to setup, the people at CATS are fantastic to work with and know their stuff.

What do you dislike?

I have used this ATS system for over five months now and and have no dislikes at all. Every time I think there is something missing there is a new roll out and update that takes care of it. By far the greatest tool added to date has been the ability to text within system. I just can't seem to find anything to dislike about it. Even upon polling my team of recruiters they are at a loss to give me negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this ATS a try you absolutely will not regret it!

Not only has the functionality of posting to job boards on our behalf brought in more candidates, we can now quickly search through, tag and move to hire quicker.

CATS review by Nikki H.
Nikki H.

"Great ATS"

What do you like best?

A lot of ATS are hard to use and not configurable/very hard to configure. We have build in trigger for almost everything that kicks out emails to those who need to hear from the recruiter. All the triggers are customizable!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the email signature and how I cant input a picture into my signature

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making the emails show without pictures. For some reason when the emails kick out, it shows a notification saying you need to click to download pictures in the email?

There is also an error with the linkedin plug in for Chrome. when I try and download it, it says sorry couldnt unzip file

Streamlining and automating the recruiting process has helped cut down on our fill time for many positions.

CATS review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great CRM system with great automation options for sending out email"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to use. New employees can be trained within a couple days or less to use it. Control over users and permissions. Decent price plan, and support for how it works. In other words they will help you understand how it works.

What do you dislike?

The reports that are built in. Be careful. Some numbers are dynamic , and some are static. Some are historical, some are now snapshots. CATS provides no report titles or descriptions that would tell you anything. The number in different screens don't gel with what they say either. Use API for reports , or use the report > general > users to see the true numbers based on the time frame and now. Just don't trust they are correct (the reports) Also some things only get recorded upon mouse click events. Meaning if you use the online application system, it will not show you numbers on what user got the most new application .. the web cant record the status .. cause it needs manual entry. Which defeats the point of the live site. . .Also support doesn't get technical, and neither can the staff. If you plan to use this for API and build something bigger . be aware they only have forums in which you can get tech help from. No internal support or devs it seems. Last note , if you want something to be fixed, or find a bug. You will need to gather mounds of evidence before they belive you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great system at a great price. However, ee careful with reports , they don't come right out and tell you what you are looking at per say. Be aware.

Recruiting, and staffing. Works well, we integrated with API. again be aware they may change the way the API works .. don't go too far beyond what the basics are. The built in reports are good for gauging direction ,, good or bad. Do not count on these numbers to reflect accuracy.

CATS review by Ross T.
Ross T.

"User Friendly System"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and configure the system to meet the needs of your organization. The system also integrates with a number of free job boards which increases the exposure of posted positions to reach a broader audience. There is also a connection which allows users to share job orders / openings with a community of recruiters if you're a firm and willing to split placement fees with other firms. Uploading existing data is simple and integrations into an existing jobs page or website is an easy process as well.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple divisions in our company so we would like to have the option to have separate Candidate databases in our system so not all divisions are grouped together in one large bucket. Sometimes key-word searches will bring up candidate in other divisions that we do not want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a systems that's simple to use and easily configurable, this system is for you.

Being able to log and track activities on candidate for our various recruiters to utilize to eliminate duplication of efforts and keeping candidates on-track at every step in the hiring process. Also we have a process in which we pipeline candidate (or create lists) for certain positions to help with focusing efforts on filling the position. Lastly, championing the use of CATS has improved our employees detail-orientation and has allowed for them to develop habits which increase their recruiting capabilities.

CATS review by MICHAEL S.
MICHAEL S.

"Long-time user -- I LOVE CATS!"

What do you like best?

I really love how customizable the interface is. It allows you to add or hide fields, move things around on the various screens, add triggers and workflow steps, etc. Instead of forcing you to work their way, it lets you make the ATS follow the way YOU like to work! You can easily make call lists, keep track of who has applied to which jobs, where each candidate stands in the application process, and display a complete log of all conversations and other communications with each person you deal with. I also love how easy it is to post jobs and add specific application questions for each job. It also integrates well with LinkedIn, with a browser extension that automatically imports LI candidates into CATS.

What do you dislike?

The CATS mobile app (for iPhone) is extremely limited in what it allows you to do. This should be much more robust, allowing you to do almost everything the desktop version can do. In today's mobile world, this should be a priority for the development team.

CATS makes the entire process of recruiting and business development as easy as possible. I've used may other ATS programs in the past, and I still think CATS is better (and more affordable) than most.

CATS review by Douglas S.
Douglas S.

"Cost-Effective and Robust ATS!"

What do you like best?

I have been using CATS for a variety of Clients for the past 5 years. What's very helpful is the ability to customize portals, applications, fields, workflows, and messaging/escalation of critical matters via self-performance. Other systems I have used and implemented don;t come close to CATS' ability to meet individual organizations' needs. Smooth candidate experience, instant notification on any device after a candidate applies, and meaningful KPI development.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if CATS could offer digital signatures or integration with DocuSign. Only other suggestion would be to enable a "tab" interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very robust ATS at a VERY reasonable cost. Support is incredibly responsive and will typically resolve any issues or concerns while you are on the phone with the expert. Support is provided at no additional cost.

Recruiting and tracking. I've transformed numerous Clients' hiring processes with the help of CATS. No paper files, spreadsheets, or manual notes. Every event from requisition development to hire is automated in CATS. Time-to-Fill often drops to 2-3 days thanks to the automated approval processes.

CATS review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Robust set of features for the price point"

What do you like best?

I find CATS to be very user friendly and pretty intuitive. I also think it has a really robust set of features for the price point. I work as an HR consultant and this is my top recommended ATS for my customers who are on a budget. You can't beat it! I have implemented it at 5 different businesses and they love it. It is very easy to configure and customize for your needs - anything from the workflow to email templates to triggers.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit slow to load at times, but it's usually not a problem. I would also like to see better reporting/metrics, and the ability to run email campaigns from within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see if you like it!

Manage your candidates in a strategic way. Mitigate risk with good documentation/record keeping. Provide a great candidate experience by using triggers and templates.

CATS review by Tatiana B.
Tatiana B.

"Better than the other ATS's"

What do you like best?

CATS is workflow based, and allows bulk messages, which were a couple things that are absolute must haves in an ATS. We find it way more user friendly than Bullhorn and other ATS's that are made for agencies.

What do you dislike?

It's tough to distinguish between an update to one workflow, and a state of being. For instance, if someone is Not On Market - and I've marked that on one role, I would have to update it somewhere in the candidate record as well. In my ideal world, I could set this for 6 mo and it would go away after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS customer service team is mostly responsive, but could still be even better at taking the time to understand the business case behind certain requests.

We want everyone in our system to always be discoverable. We even find that when the client said oh we filled the role with... Bob Jones... well, Bob Jones is in our system. We just have to classify things so that it is easier to find things again.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I have worked with many ATS- This is the most user friendly one I have used thus far. There are many options for your team to utilize. We could additionally use this for other needs, but haven't established any other needs that we need to use for at this current time.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the option to collapse the status updates, when you copy/paste a message. Or even the option to have different tabs so that it doesn't look as crowded on the main screen, but overall I like the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system, especially for new users, given the ease of use. I haven't had to utilize support, but have not heard anything negative from my team members who have had to utilize it.

This is our ATS- we use it for tracking all of our candidates across our group. It is great to be able to share candidates and have all of the recruiters with access to make notes across the board for all to see. It is always helpful when trying to scroll back through for reference notes.

CATS review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Pretty basic "

What do you like best?

It's relatively simple to use. It's efficient since it automatically posts to popular job boards. It also allows candidates to apply straight for Indeed creating an easy application process for candidates.

What do you dislike?

Not as customized as other ATS. Emails to candidates through the system seem to end up in their junk mail. This leads to missed communication which inst good for the candidate experience. We have multiple companies and it doesn't have the ability to post as our separate companies from one account. We had to create separate accounts for each company which has effected to our efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something simple & low cost this suits your needs - we unfortunately outgrew it and needed something more customizable

it helps us keep track of our recruiting. We do high volume recruiting and can have 100's of applications at any given time.

CATS review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Have used it for about 5 months and it is the easiest ATS I have ever used."

What do you like best?

I like the text function. Most ATS have the email function. People prefer to be texted rather than called these days.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was mandatory to upload a resume when applying. I still get some applicants that do not upload a resume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and no contract. You can try it out during a trial period. I also like how you can edit things to fit your needs.

We were not getting candidate flow for LNFA with any of the job boards we were using before. We are now getting flooded with qualified candidates.

CATS review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"Excellent, customizable ATS and CMS in one package!"

What do you like best?

The ease of customizing both contacts and candidate workflow and data fields. Email, calendar and other platform services integrations for posting, etc.

What do you dislike?

Needs a better system to document and schedule of internal follow-up on the candidate or contact profile without emailing the candidate or contact. An internal tickler system while logging an activity, schedule a task or event. CATS needs to have texting capability. Understand this is on the product roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reporting is really in need of an overhaul. Need to take the corporate customer in mind of the data and how the data is accessed and presented. Needs to have ad-hoc reporting. Candidate screening is okay, but no real way to force rank candidates. The job portal on mobile is good, which is a big win when getting candidates to apply. For the internal user of CATS, a mobile app really needs to be developed. Currently just the website access which is cumbersome and hard to navigate on mobile. 2018, CATS needs to get into the mobile age allowing recruiters to access their jobs, candidates and quick evaluation and outreach to candidates. See Zip Recruiter's mobile platform. Super easy to navigate and syncs with the web application on desktop. Go mobile CATS!

The ability to create separate job portals per client and create screening questions per job or using templates is great for the RPO space.

CATS review by Connie B.
Connie B.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, cost efficient and offers exactly what I need for my business.

I am a small business and CATS works perfectly for me. I like that it allows me to post my open positions on various job boards as well as my website.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like, as with any system you have to work with it and learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS will allow you to preview their system and once you do you will find that it offers the very same service as some other companies. When I have had a problem or question they are right there, I have not had to wait for someone to call me back and be down for hours or days. They were excellent in transitioning my former data base to CATS.

Easy to add and delete candidates, customers and jobs.

Allows me to track my candidates throughout the interview to hire process.

CATS review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Applicant workflow, messaging, branding, posting customizable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The amount of standard ready-to-go features are great. Customizing in every phase of workflow is powerful.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more features made available to turn on or off for the Hiring Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an internal HR/HRIS person who is dedicated to HR workflow tools you'll do fine. If you don't, I strongly recommend outsourcing. www.hrpartner.pro.

I provide an HR outsourcing model www.hrpartner.pro to small and medium businesses from 5 to 250 employees. For my CATS users, I become the clients HRIS strategist. Applicants experience a direct process and are not left with the infamous "black hole" that most ATS systems leave them in. I know this is more on the user to manage but CATS makes it very easy to engage and disengage applicants with respect and timeliness. In a competitive market, the best applicants seem to recognize this and are positively influenced by great customer service. The war for talent is now real. My clients that have been with me for several years are growing their talent and in proactive mode while their competitors are experiencing hyper turnover and slow hiring processes.

CATS review by maddasyn  m.
maddasyn m.

"It gets the job done "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize different aspects.I like the tracking system of applicants and the ability to source them into CATS. I also like the customization dashboard but i dont use that often.

What do you dislike?

it is slow and would and like to see more advancements in regards to tracking candidates and adding more notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like having alot of functions and customization then CATS would be the one for you.

We use it mostly for recruiting purposes. So it helps to manage our candidates but we dont use it for HR purposes like onboarding.

CATS review by Derek O.
Derek O.

"I can't imagine using a different service"

What do you like best?

The workflow automation is amazing and it makes my job so much easier. The effectiveness of the system allows me focus on what I'm best at. I love the ability to customize basically everything within the system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a click to call feature.

I am finding amazing effectiveness in my recruiting business because of the automation of my workflow in sending emails and creating tasks. I can just spend my time doing the things I do best rather than organizing information or deciding what my next task is.

CATS review by Bobbi C.
Bobbi C.

"Extremely user friendly system, very flexible to your org"

What do you like best?

I liked that not only did it perform all the functions I needed it to, but that it was highly customizable to what the organization needed. Quite cost effective and approachable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet! The team has been super responsive, the system is reliable from both an administrative and hiring manager perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used iCIMS at my previous job, and wish I'd known about CATS earlier. WAY more straight forward, and still functioned in all the ways we needed it to. Great support team as well. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

The organization that I implemented this system for was using excel to track their applicants and a folder system within gmail to manage communication. This linked to outlook, capturing all correspondence, neatly put candidates in the right places for all to see, and allowed for easier tracking/visibility into pipeline management.

CATS review by Shaela N.
Shaela N.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The display and easy-to-navigate features, especially the tagging and trigger options.

What do you dislike?

It's not a make or break by any means, but if I could separate my lists into groups like I can with tags, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the triggers when changing a status for a candidate - it will save you and your team an IMMENSE amount of time!

Tracking talent, especially if a candidate applies for a role they are not qualified for, it allows us to track them and follow up if there is a role that opens up in the future which is a better fit to their experience.

CATS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Wonderful System - Checks almost every box"

What do you like best?

I love CATS and the usability of it. Features are very well thought out and automate a lot for the Recruiters. The new text system is a great addition and makes it that much easier to get in touch with candidates.

What do you dislike?

I am waiting for improvements on CATS reporting features. This is the one down fall of the system, other than that it checks 9 out of 10 boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have another system or function for reporting and metrics.

Going from excel to CATS was an amazing transition. It is an easy to use system and has made our Recruiting Department an efficient machine allowing organized data and notes, as well as, automation and customization options really save time without sacrificing our voice and brand!

CATS review by Darius P.
Darius P.

"I use it, it's great! "

What do you like best?

I love that you really can set up this system, this ATS, exactly the way you want it. You can add fields, name them whatever you wish, place them where ever you wish, search and report based on that.

Completely Versatile, How can you complain about a system that you can make it do exactly what you want it to do? Great ATS - and trust me I have used them all!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I dislike nothing about CATS, NOTHING! It's perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Got to use it. Simply the best, most versatile, most user friendly, most customizable, and best customer service.

Cats are solving both my recruiting headhunting needs as well as my staffing tempt to perm needs! Perfectly.

CATS review by Nicolas d.
Nicolas d.

"Excelente"

What do you like best?

Utilizamos CATS desde que abrimos nuestra empresa, y nos ha ayudado a ordenar nuestra base de datos de forma eficiente, llegar a los recursos humanos que necesitamos encontrar en tan solo minutos, y nos ha ayudado a incrementar nuestra base de datos de manera simple, apenas haciendo un click en un add-on en Chrome.

What do you dislike?

Deberian integrar Whatsapp para el envio de los trabajos.

Base de datos bien organizada.

Incrementar la base de datos en forma cotidiana.

Seguimiento de candidatos.

CATS review by Shawn P.
Shawn P.

"The Simple Essentials"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use whencomes to exporting and importing candidates.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more integrations and the chrome extension worked on more sites.

My entire process is efficiency and relies heavily on importing and exporting candidates through .csv sheets. I currently recruiting forand Engineering candidates. I can generate a list of 1000 target candidates in less than 3-4 hours through data extraction and reach 400 candidates over the phone with a power dialer system. This is the only system that gives me the flexibility I need.

CATS review by Manickavel  M.
Manickavel M.

"Best for sending Email merges "

What do you like best?

The most i like is, sending an email merge from the tool to pool of candidates from our candidates database. Its an awesome feature.

What do you dislike?

So many duplicate names and duplicate resumes can be added for a single person and hence forth it is very difficult to keep one record for each person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure will recommened

1. Interview Scheduling. 2. Interview remainder email sending. 3. Resume submission to Manager 4. Uploading resumes into our database. 5. Visibility of all employees using CATS

CATS review by User

"Very customizable and strong search functionality"

What do you like best?

CATS is highly customizable with a robust search function which makes it easy to keep track of the candidate data that is most important to us. The list of job boards that CATS pushes out to is one of the longest lists I have seen in an ATS.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the page to load after every click or command can be a bit frustrating.

CATS has made it easy to keep track of our full candidate network, and reach out to them on an ongoing large-scale basis with opportunities that may be a good match for them.

CATS review by Mike  N.
Mike N.

"Racheted Up our level of Organization on New Client and Candidate Follow ups"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use and Depth of solutions. A lot of great applications that work cohesively.

What do you dislike?

There has not been anything to dislike so far. Company has been responsive to implementing new ideas and recommendations..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the integrations including Slack. Also, the smartphone configuration works very well, too.

Improved our efficiencies ion reach outs and follow up activities. Leading to more placements

CATS review by Administrator

"Good solution, easy, but needs some more robust features."

What do you like best?

- Customer service is great

- Easy to configure

- Usually always fast and responsive (Sometimes issue with cloud packages)

- Logging is usually very accurate

- Logical design and easy to find what you are looking for

- Easy to work with Hiring Managers to get profiles to them for review, etc. Including logged feedback.

What do you dislike?

- No agency management portal, with included duplicate blocking feature (IE, when an agency uploads an application with email, it automatically blocks the application, and alerts the HR. Like Taleo, SFDC, etc, can do)

- No indication to Hiring Managers that other Hiring Managers have approved a candidate. (IE, when you select multiple Hiring Managers but only one is required for approval, and someone approves, no one gets a notification about it so causes confusion and delays for others. It would be great if they got an email or something to say no need to review or approve anymore)

- Reporting is so-so. Currently have to run manual reports as its so-so on running reports that matter most, like conversion rates, etc.

- Working in the system email tracking and success rates is so-so. Its capable of doing and the rational for not doing it for individuals is macro view is better, but in a candidate driven market, its not. It would be SUPER useful to be able to click on the mails you sent that were tracked in the candidate profile to see what happened and get more robust insights (IE, like Yesware)

- No SMS ability and tracking.

(The dislike part looks long, but just improvement points. The positives outweigh these parts, but would be awesome to have.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read my review.

Everything... lol! When I joined there was no ATS.... it was a challenging situation. This tool helped get up and running rather quickly and easily with minimal support required.

"CATS User Since 2012"

What do you like best?

I've used other systems and what I personally like about CATS is it's not overly complex. It's fairly intuitive and there's not a lot of extraneous features to make it more complex than it needs to be.

What do you dislike?

To be fair, I don't spend a lot of time looking at features as I'm usually busy doing the things that need to be done, but reporting is one thing that comes to mind that might be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use and functional ATS that's affordable, CATS will suit you well.

Mainly tracking candidates through our process. Makes it easy to go back and read through notes on a candidate. Dealing with the volume that we do, it's hard to remember every detail and there have been a number of times that I've forgotten details about a candidate that jogged my memory once I was able to go back and review.

"Satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

The CATS workflow is efficient and allows me to customize it to my needs and process. The CATS Chrome extension saves me a lot of time when adding online resumes to my database

What do you dislike?

The pricing has increased substantially from when I first became a customer and it was around $39/month. The product continues to improve, but I still feel like the pricing has spiked in a way that may not be fully warranted.

Keeping track of various recruiting projects and being able to see relevant reports has solved the problem of keeping my clients and candidates updated. Being able to transfer candidate pipelines to new projects has saved time.

CATS review by Agency
Agency

"Simple and Clean User Interface"

What do you like best?

* Simple and clean user interface, cleanest of all ATS I reviewed

* Integration with company website and job boards

* Lightening fast search in database

* EVERYTHING is searchable

* Support team is very quick

* Web based software

* Fair price

What do you dislike?

I can't think of one thing that I dislike about CATS.

If I had to make a new feature recommendation, it would be to integrate with Google Contacts. Then, because of Caller ID, I would see the name of the person calling my cell phone before I answer the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like clean and simple software, look no further.

CATS keeps me organized and efficient.

CATS review by Doug O.
Doug O.

"The Best Recruiting ATS On The Market"

What do you like best?

I have been in recruiting for 22 years. My first ATS was an Excel Spreadsheet. CATs allows you to fits your personal preferences in a very robust system that takes you through Account Management, Job Order Tracking, Candidate Pipeline, Interviews, Starts, and Revenue. You do get everything you need plus it integrates with all social media and digital calendars.

What do you dislike?

Like all cloud-based systems, data retrieval can take time, but at least you know your data is always backed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth your investment. You will see your ROI with your first placement.

It is a one-stop repository for all necessary data involved with client development and recruiting ATS

CATS review by Diego D.
Diego D.

"Easy out of the box usability "

What do you like best?

I needed Cats for a startup talent acquisition department. It's so easy to setup and use no implementation any expensive start-up fees but with most of the features of the bigger guys.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the reporting tool was a little more robust and I would love an SMS text message integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system with Quick start-up functionality

Hiring and recruiting has been made a lot easier

CATS review by Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"CATS is making my business simplify."

What do you like best?

CATS has been customizable to the way our company works and their development of new reporting and time saver features gives my business a technological edge in an all ready highly-competitive market!

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be even more robust. We also would like it to eventually integrate with our VOIP phone system but we know that Is in development along with a text feature.

Having a customizable work flow has helped us to mirror in CATS what is happening in the candidate lifecycle. It has also been scalable from day one. We’ve been using CATS for over 7 years!

CATS review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Professional Excellence"

What do you like best?

It's straight and to the point on what it offers. I hope they never change a thing. It is truly perfect.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to be that picky honestly. It's fine. The email integration sometimes messes up and you have to reset it, but I'm just being picky. Only takes a second to fix it.

Being able to stay organized. We didn't even use an ATS before this. We can both post to job boards and have an ATS all in one. It's a solution that requires only one program instead of multiple. It even emails for you.

CATS review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Cost effective and efficient CRM for Staffing"

What do you like best?

Resume parsing, simple candidate ratings, job board, automated emails. Simple to see resumes directly through mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a mobile app with similar functionality/ access to work from while on the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend looking at this system over other products.

Cost effective solution, simplicity of processes and ease of use.

CATS review by Mary P.
Mary P.

"Very organized, easy to access system!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about using CATS, is when a job is posted and I feel there may be an error, I'm able to go back and fix the error even after published! Saves me!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what to pinpoint that I dislike. I don't dislike anything about the CATS system!

I'm able to organize the jobs I'm posting down to every detail without a hassle of switching between pages. Very easy system to use

CATS review by François J.
François J.

"The best ATM of all times !!"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with LinkedIn and CV sent by emails to Cats !

What do you dislike?

I think that the features arround job posting are not enough developped. The layout and the fields are not very good...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it !!

Recruitment !!!

CATS review by ed m.
ed m.

"CATS ATS"

What do you like best?

Regular improvements/upgrades, Quick support

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome/time-consuming. To get annual discount, all users must be paid for up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy-to-learn, basic ATS that is constantly improving and provides great support, CATS is a good choice.

CATS keeps us organized and provides detailed records of each candidate and job pipeline.

CATS review by Stephen O.
Stephen O.

"Easy, efficient and it works"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive approach to workflow. CATS has come a long way in over 10 years.

What do you dislike?

Wish one washable to text candidates from within app (apparently this is a feature that is coming soon)

Ability to be able to work on any platform, anywhere makes CATS a joy to use.

CATS review by Jacomin S.
Jacomin S.

"I spent 6 months researching ATS systems and concluded that CATS is is the best"

What do you like best?

Workflow and possibility to customize the pages - creating new fields etc.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have SMS integration. I would love to send sms from CATS and track SMS received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cant go wrong !! Its the best.

Saving a huge amount of time on administration and email tracking

CATS review by Thyra G.
Thyra G.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that job postings are included in the price. It is easy to add jobs orders and candidates.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times and get stuck. I wish it was cloud based vs internet based.

Keeps all our resumes in once place. Good, basic Applicant Tracking System

CATS review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"User Friendly Applicant Tracking Platform"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate through the software

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of as it fits our need

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a user friendly applicant tracking software this is the one for you.

Keeping the candidates flow organized and being able to follow up more efficiently

CATS review by User

"Great Workflow/Automation and Easily Customizable"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize/automate workflow and minimize "unnecessary" clicks.

Free auto posting to to Glassdoor, Indeed and more....

Plug-in with ability to import resumes directly from LinkedIn, Indeed and similar.

Plug-in tracks all emails to/from candidate even if emails sent from recruiters regular email (outside CATS)

What do you dislike?

Calendaring didn't work well for me.

Wish there were plug-in or ability to import resume directly from a word document....

Reporting (internal and EEOC), process automation.

Able to better maximize our hiring potential and hit opportunities that we might otherwise miss.

CATS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Applicant Portal"

What do you like best?

I've worked with other Applicant Portals, but CATS is always the best for me. It is easy to receive applicants as well as going back to search candidates

What do you dislike?

I do not like that some times when I check to see if a candidate is in the Portal, it does not show me that they are there until I try adding them again

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes highly recommended

CATS provides candidates from various job boards

CATS review by User

"Great Candidate tracking system"

What do you like best?

It is an easy system to use and the support from the CATS team is great. If I have had an issue, they always work with me!

What do you dislike?

Though it is an easy system to use, it does require initial training and the UI can be confusing if you aren't sure what to do.

It allows for tracking our candidates and listing our jobs in a simple and straightforward way. It also allows us to list our jobs quickly and make sure we can get the right people calls back. The tracking system allows us to see which jobs are going well and which ones we need to update it.

CATS review by Julian C.
Julian C.

"Solid CRM for processing candidates"

What do you like best?

Catsone offers a flexible workflow I can tailor to my client needs

What do you dislike?

The cost per user is not cheap, but I don't believe it is out of line with the value provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on your templates and your status workflow. It will take a little bit to find your perfect workflow and your message to your candidates.

When I 1st found Catsone, I had 700 candidates clogging up my email. I was able to streamline and keep the candidates organized without building spreadsheets.

CATS review by Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great CRM at a reasonable cost that does the job"

What do you like best?

1. Customized Workflows - the way that you want and with color indicator by stage;

2. Solid integrations with email (gsuite for me), calendar;

3. Custom job board;

4. Daily posting to Social sites, like Linkedin, Indeed, and many others;

5. Total email history by contact or candidate;

6. Email link to upload resumes.

7. Browser based and works on any device.

What do you dislike?

1. They do updates by number of votes - would like to see a few features that my old vendor had;

Recommendations to others considering the product

CATS is a great product. The support is excellent.

CATS is a comprehensive CRM for recruiters to manage their business. Everything ties to CATS.

CATS review by User

"Good if you're on a budget"

What do you like best?

I like the search feature - it pulls the people closest to what you're searching for above ones who aren't the best match.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels very confusing. I still haven't fully figured it out. The workflows aren't really intuitive like a Taleo system, but Taleo is also far more expensive, so it's all about balance I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to customize it. We didn't realize it needed customization when we first implemented it, and it was terrible (as any un-customized product will be).

Tracking candidates for EEOC compliance. It works decently, but didn't include a default setting for hiding the self-id from recruiters which I feel it should have defaulted to.

Learn more about CATS

CATS Videos

Learning about CATS?

* We monitor all CATS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.