CCH ProSystem fx Tax

CCH ProSystem fx Tax allows you to automate your tax return process with a tax compliance and preparation solution.

Work for CCH ProSystem fx Tax?

Learning about CCH Tax?

Compare CCH ProSystem fx Tax to Similar Solutions

CCH ProSystem fx Tax Reviews

Ask CCH Tax a Question
Showing 80 CCH Tax reviews

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like that CCH keeps everything very up to date with new tax laws and their website is very user friendly when trying to get help with where something should go. I also like the link to worksheets option where I can go to the tax forms and if I'm unsure where a number on the form comes from I can link it back to the input screen instead of searching through myself.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are two different versions to use when inputting information because that can sometimes make it difficult when I am needed help with something. I can only find the answer to my question for the input style that I am not using and can not find it for the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very nice system that is easy to use and has a great support website that is there when help is needed.

CCH works much better than a previous tax software program that my company used of making the transition from year to year smooth and easy. None of the carryovers get lost in limbo and over the years the input sections have stayed relatively similar which makes the program easy to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CCH ProSystem fx Tax

"CCH ProFx User Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to navigate and provides useful tools to help problem solve solutions before having to contact CCH. Most of the bugs have been fixed that we have had issues with and the help they provide is satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the features that feel a bit outdated. I think that they could improve the look of the system to a more modern style.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommended this product to my family member who works in tax preparation at a smaller firm. I feel that they would benefit from this product and it would help their company improve their business. They are taking my recommendation into consideration because of the good quality service we have received from CCH staff.

It provides benefits for our tax preparation business.

What Accounting solution do you use?

User in Accounting

"Good Software, Buggy Product"

What do you like best?

I like the straightforward functions of the product, as it allows myself and other tax preparers to simply input numbers and make our own elections throughout the return. As far as the product comes as a data entry tool, the software is great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the flexibility that the product offers when completing returns. There are moments when I just can't seem to figure out how the software is calculating certain numbers and the help/support feature doesn't necessarily give great explanations as to how to solve the problem. Occasionally, I will encounter certain ghost numbers that throw the return out of whack and many times it is due to it's communication with other CCH ProSystem softwares that our firm has in its suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend utilizing any support features that the software offers in order to maximize efficient use between different levels of your firm.

We are completing our returns efficiently and effectively using this software as we mitigate our busy seasons in our tax departments. The software allows us to easily pass off responsibilities between different levels and can communicate within the product and its simple link to other products in the ProSystem's suite. We have realized benefits ranging from increased efficiency (as stated) to a higher volume of returns accomplished once the learning curve is broken down for entry-level tax preparers.

"Powerful Tax Software"

What do you like best?

Ability to prepare complex and multi-state tax returns. Reliable completion of tax forms and accurate calculations. Great integration with other CCH programs. Ability to log in to tax software from anywhere. Reliable service with minimal downtime. Great tech support professionals who are able to assist with most problems.

What do you dislike?

High cost is difficult for small companies and makes it difficult to decide to remain with CCH ProSystem fx Tax. Implementation process is not as straightforward as it could be. Sales team is not as knowledgeable regarding requirements and program features as they could be. The experience would be better if they were more thoroughly trained on the platform, technical requirements, and capabilities before beginning to sell to enable them to better provide a solution that is the right fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worthwhile to remain with CCH ProSystem fx if it is the platform that you are most comfortable with. The cost of the software is worth the lack of time that would be invested in learning a different platform.

Tax preparation is an essential component of a CPA firm, CCH has reliable tax software. Having used this platform for many years, the consistency and power of the application is beneficial to provide clients with the service level that they expect. Integration with other software programs offered by CCH has enhanced the benefits of the tax software and has provided additional ways to serve and benefit clients.

"Great Tax Software"

What do you like best?

The integration with CCH Engagement for business returns and with CCH Scan for individual returns is great. In addition, the feature to link to CCH Intelliconnect to research tax issues is a great feature. Linking to tax form instructions is also very helpful. Worksheet view is nice for filling in client information in more of a question and answer format, the answers are then transferred to the appropriate lines on the tax forms.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be glitches for government forms making it very hard to resolve without an override. This rare instances are more common with state returns as each state has it's own entries to fill out forms properly when they differ from federal items. Sometimes calling support is time consuming; however, the CCH Answers website and CCH Chat for support have helped immensely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If an accounting firm preparing tax returns is looking for a complete tax package that integrates with other CCH programs, CCH Tax is a great option. The software also has tips while entering information for what types of items should be entered in each field in addition to which sign (+/-) should be used to indicate positive or negative numbers on the tax form.

Preparing a tax return in CCH Tax allows time to review the return for accuracy and identify and underlying tax issues or opportunities rather than fighting with the software to provide the expected output. In addition, seeing the prior year amounts next to each entry field assists with knowing if something is (a) in the correct spot or (b) possibly missing for the current tax year.

"A new program at work"

What do you like best?

CCH ProSystem is a quick and easy way to store files electronically. You can create different folders within a file in order to organize different documents. Once you upload a file and sync it into the binder, others can access to the document immediately. You can check out documents in order to edit them, which prevents others from making edits at the same time. There are timestamps that shows when a document was added, edit, who edited it, who uploaded it, etc.

What do you dislike?

ProSystem is not so user friendly at times. If you click on the incorrect file, there isn't a quick & easy way to go back to the last location (no back button). If you forget to sync a binder, a different user will not be able to view a newly added document. Sometimes the program freezes and will not let me close out of it. Other times, I will try to open the program and it will not let me. In order to get around this, I have to restart my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well to store files electronically, but it isn't all that user-friendly.

This system is a good way to store files electronically. Our company does not need to have a file room to store hard copies of documents. We store everything electronically in this file system. It helps cut back on paper waste and physical storage space. It is an easy way to share documents with a team.

CCH Tax review by Karen T.
Karen T.

"easy to follow, excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

I've used a few tax softwares - Drake and Lacerte and this as well. I think Prosystem FX Tax is easy to use once you learn where everything is. sometimes it was hard for me to balance and some states didn't have the cross reference on where you can input the information, but I just called the support team and was able to figure it out in time. Customer support was very helpful and the line for it was short, so that is what I liked best. They could access it remotely from my computer and share screens and figure out the problem.

What do you dislike?

For me the passthrough entities were the hardest to figure out, as there were several places where you can input the information. I did mostly partnership returns so I can only speak on behalf of LLPs and some LLCs. I think most I disliked was there were several places where I could put the numbers in to get the same answer so I always got confused when I don't remember where and where, and imagine having hundreds of clients to keep track of I always forget.

Not much, I just did company's tax returns so I did their taxes.

CCH Tax review by Aileen (Li-Yun) C.
Aileen (Li-Yun) C.

"Great Product But S till Many Rooms for Improvements"

What do you like best?

Great software to help accounting professionals to file complicated individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations' tax returns. Easy to use and excellent features to e-file tax returns to IRS and all state governments.

What do you dislike?

The helping features are not quite useful. Sometimes I have problems to override some columns or try to find how certain numbers coming from, and the support/ help function does not work efficiently and effortlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Occasionally there are malfunctions at CCH ProSystem fx Tax, but most of the functions are truly powerful and useful that you can disregard these drawbacks.

I benefited most from the e-filing features and the filing status features.

CCH Tax review by David N.
David N.

"Great system and relatively easy to use"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use. It's relatively easy to get a hang of when you start using it.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little bit slow and buggy, but overall a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to customize it by going to the Window and adjusting which interface pops upon each screen.

It allows you to store thousands of clients in the system and make it easier to roll-forward information year-to-year when preparing tax returns.

User in Accounting

"Really good at what it does"

What do you like best?

For the majority of return types, you can expect that the results are right. It's usually the case that if numbers aren't what you expect that you need to double-check your work and back int othe right answer based on the software.

What do you dislike?

The biggest hurdles come with consolidated returns. Having more return and annual filings would be helpful too, as some you still need to pull a PDF from a government agency's website. And there are other, small instances where you need to override.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My new office is using the old school version, whereas my prior firm recently moved to the online version. I strongly recommend the web version!!!

It not only helps with the basic compliance, but it's reliable enough to use as a training tool with newer staff. They can quickly learn the inputs before fully understanding all the forms and concepts, which naturally has some disadvantages that can be managed with good training and education.

CCH Tax review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Love using profx"

What do you like best?

I really like using profx for tax prep. I feel like it's the Cadillac of tax prep software. It gives me a lot of control for prepping tax returns, great customer service, and analysis tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the diagnostics are annoying, so that can take some time to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with profx if you can. It's the best tax prep software I have used.

We are able to prepare every type of return easily and efficiently. It allows us to really dig into returns, see where the numbers are coming from, and prepare accurate returns.

CCH Tax review by Kris B.
Kris B.

"Must be a tax professional"

What do you like best?

The software is more than capable of handling all types of returns.

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive for a non-tax professional.

Our office is able to do all our client tax returns on this software. It is scalable for our organization and can be used remotely.

CCH Tax review by Anum Syeda H.
Anum Syeda H.

"Mostly great, but state returns could be better"

What do you like best?

It is usually easy to find solutions to diagnostic errors. It was easy to learn for accountants who have used other tax software before.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, it is very difficult to find the source of an error on tax returns (ie. Find out where an incorrect number is coming from). This is especially true on state returns.

Getting client tax returns done more efficiently with less overhead costs.

User in Accounting

"Very advanced yet easy to use software"

What do you like best?

TaxPrep is generally very intuitive and has advanced functionality in terms of its ability to handle most complex variants of compliance requirements. It also gives you the flexibility to override just about any input. It is not difficult to familiarize yourself—very easy to learn overall, and to work with new forms—and it is impressively up to date.

What do you dislike?

The interface does not always feel particularly modern, however this is the case for many PC programs. There are various small details that I am also surprised have not been resolved over the years—for example, when you paste in a figure from Excel, if it is formatted in Excel to have a dollar sign, it will not work. The program also won't automatically round pasted figures with decimal points. Some small things like this it feels like could have been resolved before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Generally if you are considering this you are already a professional familiar with the program. I don't have experience with other competing software but TaxPrep is the most dominant professional-level program out there already.

Preparing various tax filings for entities of all types. Overall, the software is a necessity and at the professional level is incredibly effective in terms of time spent working within it. It is one of the best professional software programs out there in the accounting industry.

User in Accounting

"Great Program for serious Tax Practitioners "

What do you like best?

This program is great for serious practitioners. It has has a great user interface and customer support. It also handles all new and old tax issues very well.

What do you dislike?

There are many times that bugs are not worked out in new programs until later into tax season. This causes issues e-filing. Additionally, during tax season it seems they hire temp customer support that do not know the program well enough.

I use it to prepare tax returns for all my clients. There are many things times that I come across something in the program, that I was unaware of, and see how it makes my job a lot easier.

CCH Tax review by Chantelle C.
Chantelle C.

"Implementation is slow and steady"

What do you like best?

We are just implementing this in our firm and it is quite the learning process

What do you dislike?

The tediousness of workstream it’s tough to push it to the next atep

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention in training!!!

Tax preparation and accounting

CCH Tax review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"Tax Returns Done Right"

What do you like best?

very easy to fill out information.

Layout has several options to chose from

Follows the same format as a normal tax return

can enter information and instantly see how it looks on the return/schedule

saves information from prior years and can easily compare side to side

has a lot of support online

What do you dislike?

gets tricky finding certain items

may require some work arounds to get the information put where you need it

everyone likes a different format so can get confusing

struggles with multi state returns

Recommendations to others considering the product

It it worth a demo at least. It makes filling out tax returns year to year easy.

Makes filling tax returns a breeze. With all of the proper information at hand, filling out a tax return on Prosystems is quite easy. Helps our staff fulfill the clients' need in a timely fashion.

CCH Tax review by Su Jeong K.
Su Jeong K.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

CCH provided a 2-day training on how to use the program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program slows down and it is frustrating to wait for it to come back to normal speed.

I'm not sure about the problems really, but one benefit I could say is that the autoflow (using ProSystem fx Scan) saves so much time.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The Prosystem FX Tax prep software is the best when it comes to multi-state returns. The software is very good with apportionment which other softwares seem to lack. It does really well with multi-state LLCs.

What do you dislike?

The help desk could be more responsive and timely. I have had to wait on hold for too long during times where time is limited. The software is also not great when it comes to non-profit tax preparation. The input for the preparation seems to unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better than the other software I have used when it comes to multi state tax returns.

I am solving tax preparation. The software adequately performs when preparing individual, partnership, non-profits, estate and trusts tax returns. It also adequately performs when preparing city returns for states that require city returns to be filed.

CCH Tax review by Ashley N.
Ashley N.

"Previous experience in public accounting"

What do you like best?

I liked the intuitive features of this program.

What do you dislike?

I did not like it didn't offer an 1120-C. After changing companies and implementing new software, we looked at prosystems based on my positive previous experience. However, they do not offer the form type needed.

We utilized the work papers along with the tax software. Loved the import features for efficiency.

User in Accounting

"Great tax software but could be better"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use for new user. It has Great features where you can go from one box on the form directly to input section. If there are multiple input sections, it will show all of them in a list. Much user friendly than other tax prep. Software I have used.

What do you dislike?

Too many ways to input which leads to multiple inputs. In cases where you have different inputs for the same question, it's more of a guessing game on which input will eventually flows to the form.

We used it to prepare tax returns.

CCH Tax review by Susan H.
Susan H.

"Better than prior software"

What do you like best?

The error messages are usually helpful and usually you can drill down to the correct numbers when filling out a form and needing to find where to enter something. I had used gosystem at a prior job and prosystem is much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes drilling down doesn't take you anywhere.

Tax return filing.

User in Accounting

"ProSystem FX Tax from user perspective "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's detailed and is simple enough to use once you learn how to use it. I been using this software for two years now and I think it's good. Personal returns are easy to do but the corporation ones are hard to. Specially when it comes to states. States in this software don't flow correctly and it is very hard to fix it. Other than it works great.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike are the foreign forms. For example Form 8865 doesn't flow correctly. You have to manually enter data into K-1. Also, Form 5471 isn't as update when it comes to flowing correctly. I realize foreign forms can be complicated but most of the foreign forms are difficult to use on this software. State return are also hard to do on this software due to the flowing through issues.

It is quicker to do returns and much easier to train people on rather than other software. This software has room to grow and it will eventually.

"Customize Software"

What do you like best?

CCH worked with our company to tailor their product and the experience to work with exactly what our company needed.

What do you dislike?

Not always the most user friendly through the drill down function and other navigational aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with their business development team to build a software that works with your company's needs.

Individual Income Tax returns and trust returns

"A beast"

What do you like best?

Internal calculations and diagnostics are robust.

What do you dislike?

Interface is less than intuitive but once learned, is not too difficult to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the manual and get as much training as possible to unlock tips and tricks.

Managing 300+ clients during tax season, we have confidence in the tax program used to prepare and review tax returns.

CCH Tax review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Can't Unsubscribe"

What do you like best?

Nothing. Not sure how I got subscribed to their email list, but I've requested numerous times to be unsubscribed & they seem to ignore the request. Very frustrating.

What do you dislike?

Don't subscribe to the email lists. The website doesn't function very well & it won't let you unsubscribe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere - find something that has their technology figured out.

None

"Reliable Software"

What do you like best?

User friendly software, exception customer service and technical team if we have any questions regarding the software

What do you dislike?

sometimes difficult to find little boxes that need to be ticked off in order to activate different things

Use this software in order to prepare US tax returns for our clients

CCH Tax review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Tax working with ease"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it works with the rest of the ProSystems Suite

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of how slow it can run at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your in-depth set-up with your tax team. Make sure you set up all applicable options with each office and tax preparer as needed. Make sure you negotiate your contract in accordance to how many efiles you do

Having a complete accounting suite has increased productivity

CCH Tax review by Kenneth G. D.
Kenneth G. D.

"Very easy to use, intuitive and effective"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate between worksheets. Ease of accessing instructions to tax forms

What do you dislike?

Cloud-based version is slow when calculating tax returns, especially for large taxpayers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software is great, cloud-based solution works well but is still a little slow

ProFX Tax is able to help my company claim the foreign tax credit. The input is easy to follow

CCH Tax review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Needs to be more user friendly."

What do you like best?

Lots of information available to use which is appreciative when doing personal and corporate returns. I also really like the diagnostics function and that you can see the prior year balances.

What do you dislike?

Needs to be more user friendly. Very hard to navigate.

Performing corporate and personal tax returns.

User in Accounting

"ProSystem fx Tax works well just like CCH ProSystem fx Engagement - works great for tax solutions"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use to software to complete tax related work that is needed to serve our clients

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it freezes from time to time and how it causes me to lose my info/work occasionally

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a good software to solve tax needs this will work just fine

We are using the software to help us solve problems regarding taxes for our clients - we realize benefits including accurate information and efficient problem solving

CCH Tax review by Amanda T.
Amanda T.

"Tax Prep "

What do you like best?

I like how easy you can convert a letter to word and edit it. It also has a nice easy to understand database.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it can be slow and freeze sometimes. When it crashes it will not let me back in and I have to contact my boss to reset it.

I have realized that it offers ease of use and can be easily understood. It offers a way that everyone in the office can access tax returns of our clients and keeps them secure.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that CCH ProSystem fx Tax is user-friendly. I have been using the software for several years and it is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The software can be slow at times and has many filing issues during the busy season.

I am filing tax returns for my clients.

CCH Tax review by Cassie C.
Cassie C.

"Tax Software Made Easy"

What do you like best?

CCH Prosystem Tax makes completing tax returns easy, everything is there and organized to guide you through the process

What do you dislike?

I would say my only dislike is the many many drop buttons within the tax return forms

The problem of unorganized tax information is solved and the benefits are completing more accurate returns

User in Accounting

"Great for new and experienced users."

What do you like best?

I like the options to customize how you view worksheets. This makes it easier to navigate and familiarize yourself when you are new to the software or adjusting to using the software.

What do you dislike?

Search and help feature is unreliable, to say the least. If you cannot find something, searching in the help area will not get you what you are looking for. I also tend to lock myself out and have difficulties getting into files.

Preparing tax returns efficiently.

CCH Tax review by Allison D.
Allison D.

"Good Research Tool"

What do you like best?

CCH is one of my favorite research tools. Its user friendly and I have found its to have a good amount of content.

What do you dislike?

Wish BNA portfolios could be part of the CCH subscription and not require a separate BNA contract.

Researching tax issues and laws.

User in Accounting

"ProSystem FX Tax to post time"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to find clients and scan documents in

What do you dislike?

it runs really slow sometimes and have to shut down and restart

Not sure it's a problem, but use to input notes and time spent on each client for future billing purposes

CCH Tax review by Laura E.
Laura E.

"CCH ProSystem Tax"

What do you like best?

With the limited amount of times I have used this product, I like the functionality of the program.

What do you dislike?

With the limited amount of times I have used this product, I think the design of the software/user appeal could be upgraded.

Throroughness of the instructions in the program

CCH Tax review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Confusing, but useful"

What do you like best?

It provided the info needed to complete the research at hand.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes felt like you would get the run around when trying to search for specific items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do sufficient training for your employees to understand ways to fully use CCH.

Tax research and guidelines were the primary reason I used it at my first job. It was a way to find accounting standards without searching through a large book.

CCH Tax review by Collin K.
Collin K.

"CCH ProSystem fx Tax"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of it and the auto calculations.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you have to roll forward taxes every year.

I am able to do taxes for clients quickly and efficiently.

CCH Tax review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Robust Tax Prep Software"

What do you like best?

Pfx can handle anything that you throw at it. It's built for Big 4 CPA Firm tax prep work.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be confusing at times. I would appreciate a more user friendly way of drilling down through fields on the tax return to determine what is driving the numbers. Too often it seems like this feature doesn't work appropriately.

Used to prepare C-corp, S-Corp, and Partnership federal and state tax returns.

User in Accounting

"Works great most of the time"

What do you like best?

The tax software is updated regularly as forms are available and bugs are found.

What do you dislike?

There are some forms that don't pull correctly from various input sheets which means information has to be input multiple times or overridden.

We are able to complete many tax returns of all types. We have realized the benefit of having prior year information roll forward easily.

User in Accounting

"Overall great software, "

What do you like best?

Search functionality is very convenient. Very user friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

Printing returns takes forever. No autocalculate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software, but no auto calculate takes forever.

Tax return preparation is generally quicker than our previous product.

CCH Tax review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"CCH ProSystem FX tax Review"

What do you like best?

I have used three tax preparation systems for tax professionals. Comparatively, CCH ProSystem FX Tax has the best user-interface. I really didn't need to take time to learn because it was really intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Consolidation can improve more. It seems like it had a lot of issues especially state tax returns.

It saves a lot of time using this software to prepare c corp tax returns. It is really easy to use.

CCH Tax review by Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.

"Great software, but not as user friendly as others"

What do you like best?

Very professional and easy to import ledgers. Also gives an alert for any category not populated this year that was in prior.

What do you dislike?

Overall not easy to find and track items.

Tax preparation

"Tax Supervisor "

What do you like best?

ProFX is a user friendly system that allows us to bridge our many partnership returns into upper tier entities and ultimately to individual partner returns.

What do you dislike?

ProFx continually says they are getting rid of the interview function and will no longer support. Please leave it alone.

ProFx allows us to easily roll tax returns from one year to the next

CCH Tax review by Tony K.
Tony K.

"Tax researcher"

What do you like best?

Provides abundant amount of information regarding various tax issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is disorganized and the search function can be improved

Research

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It follows the forms very well. You can print out the interview forms to better understand where things get imputed where.

What do you dislike?

It should follow the tax rules more. For example if you click a box that requires you to fill out another form it should automatically bring up that form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easier to use that Ultratax.

Completing tax returns timely as efficiently.

CCH Tax review by Simi M.
Simi M.

"pro"

What do you like best?

the tool bar at the top is easy to see items for use

What do you dislike?

takes forever to update when recalculating the return

preparing tax returns

CCH Tax review by Kurtis L.
Kurtis L.

"T1 Preparation"

What do you like best?

Taxprep provides a fast and user-friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

The shortcuts and jumpcodes to get to the forms can be hard to remember/follow.

Creating T1 for clients.

"CCH TAX"

What do you like best?

Simple, does not have several inputs like GoSystems does in order to fill in the same information in different locations.

What do you dislike?

Does not do state income tax returns very well. Has issues with payments and vouchers for states from time to time.

Being able to fill out a 1040, 1065, 1120S. Helps to speed things up in terms of input

CCH Tax review by jake w.
jake w.

"Works great"

What do you like best?

system fits our small business needs. Right price point

What do you dislike?

nothing additional to add about the product

taxation systems

"Great tax software"

What do you like best?

Versatility to change between interview and form view is nice.

What do you dislike?

You can't minimize while not in a return unless you close out the history tab, that's frustrating.

Keeping business and personal tax return preparation in separate software. Allows to be able to view K-1's in tax software while preparing the individual return without having to print out paper copy.

"Powerful tax software"

What do you like best?

ProSystem is a powerful tax software for the level of automated calculation it can handle compared to other software. Also love the Dianostic function. Definitely a big help to my work.

What do you dislike?

Surprising there are not a lot of built in hot key for keyboard control.

US tax prep

User in Accounting

"Effective and generally user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface and the support. I like the large amount of capabilities it has available. I like the customizable options.

What do you dislike?

E-filing is difficult and often more trouble than anything else. The consolidation functions could be better and more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good choice

Preparing client returns, benefits are easy preparation

"Easy to use system"

What do you like best?

That there are tabs on the bottom to flip through each page of the return

What do you dislike?

They should have a better way to see that something still needs to be filled out other than stamps you can add yourself

Its an efficient way to do taxes

"The best tax software"

What do you like best?

There is definitely a learning curve for this software as with any professional tax software. However, cch is powerful.

What do you dislike?

The way you enter information can change year to year, which makes it difficult to use sometimes.

We are able to correctly complete tax returns thanks to cch.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I worked on this as a tax intern and found the program to be very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how slow the program would run sometimes and the countless updating.

I benefiting by learning the tax software and all of the different forums.

User in Accounting

"Great system and great features"

What do you like best?

TBs are easy to work with in ProSystem FX Tax. You can import them and adjust them once they are in the system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program freezes and knocks me out; however, that may just be an issue with my firm's network connection.

The program allows me to get deliverables to the clients quicker and in a neat, readable format.

CCH Tax review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Cch"

What do you like best?

I like that I don’t have to do a lot research on the internet to answer my tax questions

What do you dislike?

A little hard to figure out how to use at first

I do state taxes and can find answers to a lot of questions within the software

CCH Tax review by Administrator

"Great enterprise software that handles many scenarios"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, menus, and support options for small mediun and large entities.

What do you dislike?

Can be cost prohibitive when you only have a few returns to process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the demo, run your data and you will be sold.

Intetcompany transactions, transfer of assets and handles unified filing flawlessly.

"Overall good system "

What do you like best?

Prosystem is generally good except for the restriction of generating some forms or having some odd diagnostic codes that won't clear

What do you dislike?

Diagnostics codes that don't clear, forms that don't auto generate or forms that are not supported by system

Generally it's well organized

CCH Tax review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Best flow to prepare an individual return"

What do you like best?

The first tax software I learned how to use, the interface is layed out in the best way to prepare a return.

What do you dislike?

Crashes during peak season for updates left the office with nothing to do.

Preparing returns quickly, also syncing with autoflow.

"PFX Tax"

What do you like best?

HIghly comprehensive tax software. Plenty of integration features. Diagnostic tools assist in tax preparation efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Comprehensiveness lends itself to being difficult to navigate. Order of input sheets not always logically organized.

Ability to prepare almost any tax return for any situation.

CCH Tax review by User

"Great software and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that PS has shortcuts to help you figure out how to generate info. And the import feature is nice

What do you dislike?

Only one user is allowed to work on it at a time which can be difficult in a pinch.

Tax return prep

User in Accounting

"Used for the past 5 tax season."

What do you like best?

Integration with accounting software allowing for easy preparation

What do you dislike?

Finding specific deductions/forms that i need

none

CCH Tax review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"User friendly to use"

What do you like best?

I like the format of the software. You can do all your returns in one software.

What do you dislike?

Sometime you have to remember the item and page. Once you use to it, everything will be fine

Individual, business, trust, foundation returns

CCH Tax review by Consultant

"CCH is easy to navigate for tax research"

What do you like best?

I like the advanced search feature the best.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the search results can be convoluted at times.

Provide information to include in client memos and help make conclusions regarding complex tax positions.

"Accountant"

What do you like best?

Programs are all linked: for example tax software & fixed assets. The help center is friendly & useful.

What do you dislike?

Program freezes frequently, bugs, trapped data in returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good, some issues but it works

It's helping our firm prepare and file tax returns.

User in Accounting

"CCH Tax is a dream for tax preparers"

What do you like best?

I most liked the import feature, it saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the import of documents doesn’t put the data where it should be.

We use this software to streamline our tax preparation processes.

CCH Tax review by User

"Really great software with some limitations"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to follow and includes links and shortcuts throughout to make prep work much easier

What do you dislike?

Only one user is allowed in the software at once which and be limiting

Tax return preparation

User in Accounting

"CCH ProSystem fx Tax is user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

CCH tax software is easy to use, keeps data organized and has excellent error checking tools

What do you dislike?

The software layout does seem a little outdated and can be improved.

Filing tax returns and storing them.

CCH Tax review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Cch"

What do you like best?

I like that the program enhances every year

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of practice to master the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enhanced automation and roll over data from year to year

Helps filing tax returns

CCH Tax review by User in Computer Software

"Tax Return preparation and filing "

What do you like best?

Input screens easy to navigate, plenty of keyboard shortcuts on Interview input screens, preview forms

What do you dislike?

Manual need to refresh, regular input screens (not interview) needs more keyboard shortcuts

Tax Return preparation and efiling

"CCH Prosystem "

What do you like best?

I like the copy and paste feature for special allocations and partner income allocations.

What do you dislike?

The interview screens are sometimes confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please compare to CCH Axcess

Tax return preparation and filing

"Its been good"

What do you like best?

using this program is very easy to use. it is clearly lined out how to do each step

What do you dislike?

the program can be slow during tax season

filing tax returns

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use! I use it everyday at work. It creates great tables for states!

What do you dislike?

There aren’t many video tutorials on it.

Quick table references for taxes.

User in Accounting

"Automation of Tax Return at its best"

What do you like best?

I think the ease of preparing returns and reduction of data entry

What do you dislike?

too many forms and details required, i wish this could be reduced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automated Learning

Preparing tax returns

User in Accounting

"Not the cleanest layout, but very effective"

What do you like best?

Works very well in the sense that you don't miss any tax credits etc.

What do you dislike?

The layout isn't the most user friendly, takes some time getting used to

Preparing taxes for clients.

"Tax associate"

What do you like best?

The uniform software commonly used in the tax field

What do you dislike?

Compared to RIA Checkpoint, I expect more user friendly functions

Questions on tax returns

Learning about CCH ProSystem fx Tax?

* We monitor all CCH ProSystem fx Tax reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare CCH ProSystem fx Tax to Similar Solutions