CDW

Provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. With a balanced portfolio of 250,000 small, medium and large customers.

Work for CDW?

Learning about CDW?

CDW Reviews

Ask CDW a Question
Showing 12 CDW reviews
CDW review by <span>Tom P.</span>
Tom P.

"My CDW Experience"

What do you like best?

They have a lot of products available and it is easy to search for them on their website.

What do you dislike?

We were not receiving the best prices and it was not easy to get a hold of our rep at times. I have had better customer service experience with other vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please due your due diligence and verify the prices for their products compared to other vendors.

We used CDW for procurement of hardware and software licenses when I first came on board. We know request for quotes from at least three vendors before we purchase hardware or software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CDW
CDW review by <span>Chris P.</span>
Chris P.

"Good Service, Good Prices"

What do you like best?

Obtaining quotes is quick, prices will very often beat other vendors.

What do you dislike?

Not too easy to get quotes without direct interaction. Minor issue though

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - especially for larger purchases, no reason not to get another quote!

Decreased prices for purchases, often less work purchasing as well. Saved time and money.

What Cisco Data Center Resellers solution do you use?

CDW review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

"CDW"

What do you like best?

system operation is easy to use, products and services for business is easily available for use.

What do you dislike?

server is up an down and sometimes takes long time to get back on the production.

We primary use CDW as data warehouse distribution and not for problem solving.

CDW review by <span>Zachary R.</span>
Zachary R.

"CDW Provides excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Whenever I have had to contact CDW, they have been helpful. They answer quickly, and have yet to provide me with an unhelpful answer.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say anything bad about CDW. They have been excellent to work with and I would gladly recommend them to anyone who asked about a solution they offer.

I have used CDW to purchase numerous solutions in the past. I am currently building out a data center with things I have purchased from CDW.

CDW review by <span>Jeffrey R.</span>
Jeffrey R.

"CDW is a one stop shop for everything IT. They are, however, usually not the least expensive. "

What do you like best?

I really like knowing that just about anything I could need can be purchased through them. Whether hardware software, or services they have a solution for just about any need. In addition even smaller customers are assigned a solution advisor (salesman!) who helps walk you through some of the process required in ordering through them as their catalog is huge and covers many different versions of the same product.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above each customer has an advisor that helps them with their requests and needs. That advisor, one would think, would have at least a modicum of experience in many of the technologies CDW offers but I have found that more often than not I am the more experienced and I end up using the advisor more as an order taker vs, advisor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not 100% committed to always getting the lowest price and want a one stop shop for all your IT needs, this is the place.

CDW review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"CDW review"

What do you like best?

They are very quick in responding, gives resonable price for the hardware we need and timely delivery

What do you dislike?

Everything about CDW is great, I like everything about it.

CDW review by G2 Crowd User in Hospitality
G2 Crowd User in Hospitality

"Huge Selection at Great Prices"

What do you like best?

Very competitive prices, great selection, quick shipping.

What do you dislike?

Despite the great selection, there are often items we have to go elsewhere to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices to others

CDW review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"Not the cheapest place"

What do you like best?

They have a great search tool for anything and everything.

What do you dislike?

They can never beat Provantage.com on items that they both carry. My account rep told me that "the price you just told me is below our cost" and that "Provantage.com will be out of business soon since their prices are so low." That was over 2 years ago and they are still going strong... until CDW can beat their prices or until Provantage.com goes out of business, I'll be getting my gear from the cheaper of the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere for the lower price.

CDW review by <span>Eugene C.</span>
Eugene C.

"B2B technology distribution, with service!"

What do you like best?

They are a complete, 1-stop shop for technology -- not just hardware, but also a diverse range of IT solutions and services, including but not limited to professional services, leasing, telcom, managed services, networking, mobility, security, etc., etc. They also have industry-specific solutions catalogs (i.e., in healthcare they have a healthcare catalog

What do you dislike?

May not be the best price (you may be better price-shopping on amazon), but the service makes up for it

Recommendations to others considering the product

CDW ranks #31 on the largest private companies in the US. They have grown dramatically by being one of the top, specialized technology vendors -- it's a great one-stop shop for businesses, esp small medium growing businesses

CDW review by <span>Jakub A.</span>
Jakub A.

"Our go-to distributor for hard to find hardware"

What do you like best?

CDW has always had everything we needed, either for our own use or to fulfill a contract. There were a few exceptions but in those instances they still managed to meet our deadline and deliver all products.

What do you dislike?

Volume pricing was hard to secure and overall prices may be higher (I would counter that statement by saying we never received any broken or opened products from there. Several other distributors had those problems)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If price isn't your absolute concern and you want reliable delivery and stock levels, CDW is the perfect option.

CDW review by <span>Peter B.</span>
Peter B.

"Execellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Great company to work with when ordering hardware, etc. Customer service is the best .. I used them quite a while ago and never had an issue. Returns were a piece of cake.

What do you dislike?

Like everyone else mentions, with the likes of Amazon, Newegg, etc., their prices are a little high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are definitely one of websites I search when looking to purchase something for work .. their customer service has to be the best around .. don't overlook them.

CDW review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Not always the best price but great service!"

What do you like best?

I have always liked working with CDW they are always nice and helpful on warranty issues. They have overnighted a computer that has died so we could swap it our the next day at no extra charge. You do have to watch the prices because some times they can be higher.

What do you dislike?

Prices can be high sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a call and try them out.

Learning about CDW?

* We monitor all CDW reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.