Celoxis

Celoxis is enterprise PPM and project management software for managing complex project portfolios & processes.

Work for Celoxis?
Taskray learnmore  2x

Learning about Celoxis?

Celoxis Reviews

Ask Celoxis a Question
Showing 55 Celoxis reviews
Celoxis review by <span>Gautier M.</span>
Gautier M.

A very nice online app to manage all your projects, best GANTT editor online I've seen

What do you like best?

Gantt edition is at its top, calendar publication is reliable, ergonomy is quite enjoyable, and at the top, you have a present customer service, which reactive for a feature we were missing (separate publications on vcal, distinguishing projects from tasks and events). That feature is to be coming, but such reactions are really enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

Name is not easy to remind, as it as no link either to Gantt, tasks, projects or something like that. That may have unserved its developer a bit. Really, not much to add here : think of it like a nice to use (dapulse, basecamp...) with omniplan or MS Project features. Yep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review first all your needs to be sure what you are searching for. For us, the deal-breaker is a good visual Gantt editor and an efficient google calendar publication. We had a tryout for Gant Planner for example, but it wasn't meeting our expectations, we were really happy to find Celoxis on the way.

We were searching a solution to mix Project GANTT task management, as a small team online tool, allowing us to publish these tasks and phases on Google Calendar.

Celoxis does that, and much more

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Celoxis
Celoxis review by <span>Natalie J.</span>
Natalie J.

Great all round PM tool especially for digital projects

What do you like best?

As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency.

I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats.

The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre.

On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

What do you dislike?

With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go! Take a look through the Getting Started video abd Help documents

Budget analysis, resource planning, project tracking, document versioning.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Celoxis review by <span>Marc A.</span>
Marc A.

Good Project Management Solution

What do you like best?

I like the realm of features available in Celoxis. We use this on a daily basis in my organization, although I do wish we leveraged more of the available features. The interface takes a bit of getting used to, but that is only because there are so many options. Some of the controls are kept within the admin team which takes away from some of the functionality that would benefit me, but that is not Celoxis's fault.

The time tracking is really nice and provides solid reporting. The project plans I create in the application are flexible and easy to manage. The updates are regular without becoming disruptive, and the company asks for feedback regularly and actually notifies well in advance of upgrades, which does not happen with every solution...

Overall I really like Celoxis and am pleased with it so far.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to really get a feel for the system as it is quite robust.

The timekeeping has a couple of quirks that you have to remember or you lose your entries.

The menus could be a bit more intuitive.

I manage 20-25 projects at any given time, so tracking time and project status is a bit difficult. Celoxis makes it easier for me to do this efficiently, without taking too much time away from "real work."

Celoxis review by <span>Misha (Michael) M.</span>
Misha (Michael) M.

One year after Celoxis deployment

What do you like best?

There are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all

1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality.

Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool.

2) Performance

Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is fantastic, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches.

3) Reporting

No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report.

What do you dislike?

Celoxis is a complex system, and it has a huge room for improvement. It would not be fair to call the list below the Dislikes - rather this is a wish list of things I miss

- Ability to color code (rich formatting) the project plan tasks

- Ability to export project plan as pdf

- You can print to pdf, but it does not work all that great, especially with the large projects

- Weak solution for bug and issue tracking

- Do not get me wrong - it is great that Celoxis attempts to present a handy solution for the bug tracking, but it is very weak, comparing to conventional bug trackers. Weak to the point that we are not considering using it

- No drag-n-drop support for the file sharing

- Single layer licensing schema - I wish I could purchase cheaper licenses for the resources that only need the access for time reporting purposes, and nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test and evaluate thoroughly.

Plan accordingly.

Celoxis allowed me to take 3(!) evaluation periods before I decided to commit to the software, and I did a lot of planning and configuring before taking it to my team. This effort certainly paid off.

And to Celoxis - thank you for being patient with us!!!

We are all about project management. Everything that the company does is a project - whether the Client or Internal. Every project needs a team, a project plan and a budget. Every project generates deliverables and invoices, and so on…. It takes a flexible and robust system to track all this information, and Celoxis gave us exactly that.

In addition, switch to Celoxis from allowed us to centralize all the information and make it searchable and accessible. Finding a project plan, or reporting on a specific data foe a specific project or a client became a breeze.

Lastly, Celoxis is handling time tracking and resource allocations, allowing us for the first time to create an accurate picture of the true capacity of the shop, as well as making plans, forecasts and projections for the future.

Celoxis review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

It's nice if you never want any of your data back

What do you like best?

I like the cloud based architecture and the anywhere any time capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We are currently moving away from the platform due to a purchase on another product that better suits our needs. Upon doing this Celoxis began to hold our data hostage. There was no bulk download to get anything out of the system. Sure you can download into XML or MS Project the individual projects one by one but no files came along with it. AND SUPPORT WAS TERRIBLE!!! They refuse to get on the phone. Absolutely refused. They answered with one word answers and wouldn't do anything to assist us in getting our data from their system. I had to call their sales and pretend I was from another company to get a live person who would only help because he thought I was going to buy something. That's how I found out you could get data out in MS project form. All in all you should run from this product if you want to A. own your data and B have and any level of customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run as far and as fast as you can from this product. The support is atrocious and once your data is up there don't even think about getting it out.

We were able to move away from SharePoint for managing projects which was great but that's where the benefits ended.

Celoxis review by <span>Sven S.</span>
Sven S.

Celoxis as a PM tool

What do you like best?

The best about the Celoxis tool are the capabilities and flexibility.

It is not only providing a PM tool with all the usual features which you would expect from such a tool but also full blown capabilities for collaboration with client users. Furthermore it offers a app concept which makes it possible to integrate other workflows into the tool.

What do you dislike?

it is great as a online tool but the printout capabilities are not yet on a hig level quality which can be used in presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to first discover capabilities and use the introduction/training by celoxis.

We are providing transparency for planning, budgeting and collaboration for internal and external projects.

The tool supports us to work together on projects in decentralized teams and gives us the option to have a way to fully cover all aspects of implementation projects.

Learning about Celoxis?

* We monitor all Celoxis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.