Centrify Application Services

Centrify Application Services

Centrify Application Services secures enterprise identities against cyberthreats that target today’s hybrid IT environment of cloud, mobile and on-premises. Centrify helps protect against the leading point of attack used in data breaches ― compromised credentials — by securing an enterprise’s users as well as its privileged accounts.

Work for Centrify Application Services?

Learning about Centrify?

Centrify Application Services Reviews

Showing 84 Centrify reviews
Centrify review by <span>Edgardo D.</span>
Edgardo D.

"Satisfied with Centrify."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Centrify DirectControl is the centralize control I have over various Unix objects. The Centrify tools have exponentially increased the value I can provide to my employer, by allowing me to manage users, machine and various technologies at scale. Additionally, I'm very satisfied with the quick response to support requests.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, but I would recommend having a collection of examples of how to do admin tasks using automated ways, either through the CLI tools, adedit, powershell modules or the API. That would help me be more efficient since it's very time-consuming to search and peruse the Centrify community for information, that sometimes is outdated or is not supported by an older version of the product.

Some of the challenges that I have been able to solve using Centrify are user access control, access to network shares for both Windows and Unix clients, limit the proliferation of privileged users and the central management of sudo commands.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Centrify Application Services
Centrify review by <span>Aaron M.</span>
Aaron M.

"SSO, SAML, MDM, and a Whole Lot More"

What do you like best?

We began using Centrify just for federating with Office 365, but we soon found many more features that were incredibly useful. Beyond the technical features, the support and account management is the best I have experienced with any IT company. I really cannot stress enough how amazing their support team is and how they truly believe in building a partnership with you.

What do you dislike?

We really haven't found anything to dislike. We of course have run into problems over the several years we have been customers, but every situation has been handled quickly and professionally. Centrify is also excellent about proactively notifying their users of potential issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take days to get ADFS setup correctly. It can also take days to get some of the competitors' solutions setup for an evaluation, but it literally took about 20 minutes to implement Office 365 federation with Centrify. Ask for an evaluation and you will get excellent free technical experience and the solution works much better than expected.

We use Centrify for federation with Office 365, MDM for iOS and Android devices, custom user portals, shared web application bookmarks, granular MFA, OAuth, and SAML assertions.

What Privileged Access Management solution do you use?

Centrify review by <span>Robert S.</span>
Robert S.

"Rock solid product"

What do you like best?

It just works. We configured Centrify about a year and a half ago and we never have to touch it. I don't think we've even had as much of a hiccup in the time we've had it.

The automatic sign-in to 3rd party apps in great. Before Centrify, our users would need to sign-in to each , each after they already signed-in to their device. Now, our users only need to sign in once to their devices and Centrify will then automatically sign them in to their other apps.

What do you dislike?

The portal can be a big sluggish to load, especially when loading all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We trialed a variety of other single sign-on solutions including Okta and OneLogin and settled on Centrify. They were the best with authenticating and resetting passwords on Chromebooks which was our primary goal.

We use Centrify to allow our students to sign-in as well as change their passwords when using Chromebooks. We also use it to make signing into Google much faster as Centrify will automatically sign them in if they have already signed into a domain joined device.

Centrify review by <span>Rolan  B.</span>
Rolan B.

"Superb Awesome"

What do you like best?

The Multi Factor Authentication before you access the centrify is what I loved to it most. With this feature, I'm confident that my account is safe and no one can access it. One more thing is the single sign on features, which i can access all my important application in just one click. Imagine how convenient is that!

What do you dislike?

I think this is not dislike but room for improvement, it's much better if we develop the GUI of the centrify, more catchy and not so plain interface would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very recommended, easy to use, safe account because of multifactor authentication.

Single sign on feature, with this user that has issue remembering different kind of password was resolved. It help them to memorize just one password for different application.

Centrify review by <span>Ivan T.</span>
Ivan T.

"Great Identity Provider"

What do you like best?

The ability to deploy lot´s of applications using SSO with SAML protocol with is widely used and to deploy in house applications via Centrify portal so that users don´t need to use VPN. The administration of the platform is also very intuitive because the new UI friendly.

What do you dislike?

Reports are difficult to create because we have to manually create SQL querys to check for results. There are no desktop solution for MFA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gartner leader in Identity and robust platform. Lot´s of features in just one platform and many configurations available

The main problem was that every new application had their own credential. It was hard to keep track of our users credentials security. Our users were also having a bad experience to login because of the many different credentials.

Centrify review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Centrify SSO "

What do you like best?

Ability to start out with a single use case and scale up as needed, other SSO providers require and all or nothing licensing approach. They will work with you to get you setup and if you have additional use cases they will work with you on them. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little hard to understand but the account reps work with you to get through it. Provisioning accounts into connected apps can be a challenge. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, I like that they will work with you to get you going and the will go through the product options and help you through it. The part that I struggle with is the information that Centrify pulls from your directory, that is not clearly documented but support is helping me through it. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

We are able to use it for a SSO for our ticketing solution we are implementing at first but will be expanding into other connected apps in the future for some departments with a lot of credentials. Also we will be using it to meet a compliance requirement for MFA. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

Learn more about Centrify Application Services

Centrify Application Services Videos

Learning about Centrify Application Services?

* We monitor all Centrify Application Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.