Centrify Application Services

Centrify Application Services secures enterprise identities against cyberthreats that target today’s hybrid IT environment of cloud, mobile and on-premises. Centrify helps protect against the leading point of attack used in data breaches ― compromised credentials — by securing an enterprise’s users as well as its privileged accounts.

Work for Centrify Application Services?

Learning about Centrify?

Centrify Application Services Reviews

Showing 88 Centrify reviews
Centrify review by Edgardo D.
Edgardo D.

"Satisfied with Centrify."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Centrify DirectControl is the centralize control I have over various Unix objects. The Centrify tools have exponentially increased the value I can provide to my employer, by allowing me to manage users, machine and various technologies at scale. Additionally, I'm very satisfied with the quick response to support requests.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, but I would recommend having a collection of examples of how to do admin tasks using automated ways, either through the CLI tools, adedit, powershell modules or the API. That would help me be more efficient since it's very time-consuming to search and peruse the Centrify community for information, that sometimes is outdated or is not supported by an older version of the product.

Some of the challenges that I have been able to solve using Centrify are user access control, access to network shares for both Windows and Unix clients, limit the proliferation of privileged users and the central management of sudo commands.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Centrify Application Services
Centrify review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"SSO, SAML, MDM, and a Whole Lot More"

What do you like best?

We began using Centrify just for federating with Office 365, but we soon found many more features that were incredibly useful. Beyond the technical features, the support and account management is the best I have experienced with any IT company. I really cannot stress enough how amazing their support team is and how they truly believe in building a partnership with you.

What do you dislike?

We really haven't found anything to dislike. We of course have run into problems over the several years we have been customers, but every situation has been handled quickly and professionally. Centrify is also excellent about proactively notifying their users of potential issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take days to get ADFS setup correctly. It can also take days to get some of the competitors' solutions setup for an evaluation, but it literally took about 20 minutes to implement Office 365 federation with Centrify. Ask for an evaluation and you will get excellent free technical experience and the solution works much better than expected.

We use Centrify for federation with Office 365, MDM for iOS and Android devices, custom user portals, shared web application bookmarks, granular MFA, OAuth, and SAML assertions.

What Privileged Access Management solution do you use?

Centrify review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Rock solid product"

What do you like best?

It just works. We configured Centrify about a year and a half ago and we never have to touch it. I don't think we've even had as much of a hiccup in the time we've had it.

The automatic sign-in to 3rd party apps in great. Before Centrify, our users would need to sign-in to each , each after they already signed-in to their device. Now, our users only need to sign in once to their devices and Centrify will then automatically sign them in to their other apps.

What do you dislike?

The portal can be a big sluggish to load, especially when loading all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We trialed a variety of other single sign-on solutions including Okta and OneLogin and settled on Centrify. They were the best with authenticating and resetting passwords on Chromebooks which was our primary goal.

We use Centrify to allow our students to sign-in as well as change their passwords when using Chromebooks. We also use it to make signing into Google much faster as Centrify will automatically sign them in if they have already signed into a domain joined device.

Centrify review by Rolan  B.
Rolan B.

"Superb Awesome"

What do you like best?

The Multi Factor Authentication before you access the centrify is what I loved to it most. With this feature, I'm confident that my account is safe and no one can access it. One more thing is the single sign on features, which i can access all my important application in just one click. Imagine how convenient is that!

What do you dislike?

I think this is not dislike but room for improvement, it's much better if we develop the GUI of the centrify, more catchy and not so plain interface would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very recommended, easy to use, safe account because of multifactor authentication.

Single sign on feature, with this user that has issue remembering different kind of password was resolved. It help them to memorize just one password for different application.

Centrify review by Ivan T.
Ivan T.

"Great Identity Provider"

What do you like best?

The ability to deploy lot´s of applications using SSO with SAML protocol with is widely used and to deploy in house applications via Centrify portal so that users don´t need to use VPN. The administration of the platform is also very intuitive because the new UI friendly.

What do you dislike?

Reports are difficult to create because we have to manually create SQL querys to check for results. There are no desktop solution for MFA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gartner leader in Identity and robust platform. Lot´s of features in just one platform and many configurations available

The main problem was that every new application had their own credential. It was hard to keep track of our users credentials security. Our users were also having a bad experience to login because of the many different credentials.

Centrify review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Centrify SSO "

What do you like best?

Ability to start out with a single use case and scale up as needed, other SSO providers require and all or nothing licensing approach. They will work with you to get you setup and if you have additional use cases they will work with you on them. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little hard to understand but the account reps work with you to get through it. Provisioning accounts into connected apps can be a challenge. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, I like that they will work with you to get you going and the will go through the product options and help you through it. The part that I struggle with is the information that Centrify pulls from your directory, that is not clearly documented but support is helping me through it. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

We are able to use it for a SSO for our ticketing solution we are implementing at first but will be expanding into other connected apps in the future for some departments with a lot of credentials. Also we will be using it to meet a compliance requirement for MFA. Centrify requested that I write a review and Centrify will provide an incentive to complete the review, all my views and ratings are accurate to my experience.

Centrify review by Carl Dean C.
Carl Dean C.

"Complete Solution"

What do you like best?

What I like best with Centrify is the ability to manage passwords for the Apps/Services where we had SSO enabled. Previously, we are using LastPass enterprise to manage passwords. We've taken advantage of Centrify's ability to store login credentials and logging into apps/services had been a click away from the portal.

What do you dislike?

Not really Centrify itself but the Android app. Some permissions that are enabled when I choose to allow it on a smartphone, in my opinion, are more of privacy concern. Granular permission should be implemented. Until then, I would stick with Google Authenticator for OTP/2FA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Centrify provides a complete solution for Security and Access Management for your organization. Read my review and give it a try!

We are using Centrify in our organization for SSO, cloud identity and access management. It was just in the first quarter this year that we realized that Centrify can also provide MFA and could function as Password Manager for apps and services that we are using.

The benefit we've realized is that we could take advantage of the feature and eliminate certain services that we are paying for that Centrify already provides. We're able to save without impacting the services we use in our organization.

Centrify review by Administrator

"A great solution to bring all at one place"

What do you like best?

The best part about it is we make use of it to login to all different applications with a single click, no hassle of keying in your credentials every time.

Just bookmark centrify and login as the first thing on your browser.

We have been using it for Single Sign on functionality and integrated it with various apps. They all work like charm.

We are using it get the mac machines added to the domain too.

There is sync feature which we make use of to sync people from Workday to Active directory which gives us the automation of not creating the user in Active directory but to get them created on its own as soon as the user's onboarding process get completed.

What do you dislike?

one thing which centrify can improve upon is to have large catalogue of pre built application.

Rest of the things all apears good for the moment, may be we can get to know more on it as we make use of it on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution if you are looking to use single sign on and have macs to work with.

Single sign on

Joining macs to domain

Centrify review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Centrify - Worth a look for your Multifactor/SSO needs"

What do you like best?

Centrify support is very good, the product was priced better than it's competitors (Okta/Duo) and it had more features out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Centrify lacks the 'Vendor Application Catalog' that other vendors like Duo and Okta have where they are already pre-configured to work out of the box with many online platforms. They have a limited selection of pre-built configs for the most popular online apps. However, support is good about working with the customer to configure SAML access to most systems even though they aren't pre-built in a catalog.

We utilize Centrify heavily for Multi-factor protection for our company resources. We chose Centrify over Okta and Duo because of the many authentication options available to the user and the overall user experience when logging in. Their login process via Radius or web login was very smooth and understandable for our users. We also utilize the system heavily to do 'Same Sign-In' where all company resources are accessed using the staff's email address and network password. Reduces the amount of passwords staff must remember.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Easy to start, takes more sweat to make use of the deep features"

What do you like best?

Fantastic support - I've had very attentive and thorough people answer my questions anytime I've submitted a ticket. They're very good at making sure that the problem has been resolved on my end.

What do you dislike?

Certain integrations are orphaned - there are SO many applications that can be integrated, which is great, but some of them seem to fall by the wayside and compatibility may be lost if they're not maintained enough. In my experience, this issue seems to manifest in particular when a vendor uses one term for an object while Centrify uses another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a demo of the product if that's an option and you'll get an idea of the great depth that is available. I've been surprised at how flexible the service is.

SSO, MDM, future-proofed Apple AD Integration. Originally we signed on with Centrify to make AD integration simpler, but as our security requirements have tightened we've found the SSO and MDM features extremly useful.

"Review"

What do you like best?

The pre-configured apps (when available) are usually easy to set up with our partners.

Support team is usually pretty helpful overcoming setup and technical issues.

We like the security Centrify provides, and are working on implementing SAML/SSO across as many apps and services as possible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to use competitor's documents to set up new applications (where Centrify hasn't pre-configured the set-up).

Some of the pre-configured apps are out of date, and require some troubleshooting to make them work.

Trying to get Centrify to partner (expieclly those that have documentation on their partnership with other identity management services) with other app services can be a time consuming process.

The service is a little pricey when compated to some of the new services Microsoft is providing in their o365 platform.

I've had to solve some sign-in issues myself with a bunch of troubleshooting.

The "Advanced" tab in the application setup is not easy to use, espesially if a person doesn't have a coding background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not necesessarily a critique on Centrify, but I'd reccomend project managers and IT staff be as clear as possible when discussing or training users and driving adoption. Be firm about SSO benifits, in that security #1 primary goal, and it's all working in the background. User convience is great, but secondary. Get everyone on IT staff on the same page with a consistent message.

Security validation and centralization of user identities among 3rd party apps.

We've started seeing and stopping suspisious logins from other regions.

Centrify review by Denise M.
Denise M.

"Can't say enough!!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Centrify for quite some time and are very pleased with the product itself. Their support is exceptional, always ae available and have never gone without resolving an issue.

I work for a property management company and to have all of our applications in one place and easily accessible is a huge time saver.

Our users have only one user name and password to remember making our helpdesk queue go down by not having all those password reset tickets. Can't say enough about Centrify, great product, excellent support!

What do you dislike?

Not a thing..if one thing more apps available

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it...best advice worth every penny

Our users have only one user name and password to remember making our helpdesk queue go down by not having multiple password reset tickets.

Centrify review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Simplify remote connectivity for an MSP"

What do you like best?

The ability to install as many cloud connectors as necessary to connect to unlimited hosts via SSH and RDP so we can easily connect to hosts remotely without the need for supporting multiple VPN clients.

What do you dislike?

The remote access experience needs some improvements to provide a better user experience. The ability to easily adjust the screen resolution and copy/paste are the biggest missing features. These are both on the roadmap though so hopefully they will be addressed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support and customer service. Very receptive to feedback. The product is solid and solves a lot of very challenging problems.

Reducing help desk calls from employees who can't get connected to client systems. As an MSP it can be very difficult to manage so many remote access connections and Centrify dramatically reduces the complexity so we can focus on solving our clients problems instead of wasting time just trying to get connected.

Centrify review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Centrify Server Suite"

What do you like best?

Centrify has been a valuable solution for us. Being a federal government agency we are required to use smart cards for authentication which already works well with our windows systems on Active Directory. Before Centrify the process we used to make Linux systems accept our smart card authentication took a lot of time to configure and had to be configured on each system. Centrify has changed all of that and a simple adjoin command now joins the Linux system to Active Directory and enables us to log in with our smart card. Centrify has saved many man hours for our sysadmin staff. CEntrify also allows us to use Group Policies and manage Linux systems just like we do with Windows and becasue of that we know security settings are completed as soon as the system is joined. Truly great product.

What do you dislike?

Compared to our older solution I cannot find anything to dislike about Centrify

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is great and they will help you get everything working. Once yo see the difference in their product you will be glad you decided on Centrify

Centrify helps us provide Single Sign On using Active Directory and smart cards for all of our Windows and Linux systems. IT has increased our security posture as well because we can manage Linux systems with Group Policies just like we do Windows systems.

"Systems Analyst"

What do you like best?

the use of centrify sso is very simple and easy, the administrative console and easy to use and installation of agents greatly simplifies the life of the administrator. was an easy implementation, updating the product does not generate unavailability and does not require high knowledge of AD

What do you dislike?

I would like the centrify for linux / unix to have larger scripts for automation, yet still a bit precarious scripting for linux compared to windows / powershell.

Missing documentation on ADedit some examples of scripts that can be done in linux / unix

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, highly recommend to centrify

centrify solved a big problem we had that was the management of local users, that generated a lot of work. with centrify we have everything centralized and solved our problems.

Centrify review by Jean R.
Jean R.

"easy implementation"

What do you like best?

We have been using Centrify for four years now, the implementation was easy technical support was always available. We use Centrify Application Services for our SharePoint Online authentication. After the implementation users did not find it hard to use it daily.

What do you dislike?

The recent upgrade by Centrify did not work well with our system so we need to uninstall the update and reinstall the old version The technical support informed us pretty late so our East office was not able to use SharePoint for two hours after we were informed by Centrify technical support. WE were inform by phone and email.

Our online authentication with SharePoint online. Authentication were integrated with our AD so everything works seamlessly on the background.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Really easy single sign-on"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, easy integration with AD, a great user experience.

What do you dislike?

Very few quibbles with Centrify, but it would be great if more of our often-used sites were already configured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out whether the sites you use most are already configured. The free trial is absolutely great, and their support during the trial sold it.

We wanted to increase security while also dealing with the complete overrun of user password needs. With so many hosted services now, our users were overwhelmed with password management, leading them to take actions that lessened our security. With Centrify, links are now stored in one place and users only have to manage one password. MFA helps us beef up security at the same time.

"Great services"

What do you like best?

Our experiences with support have been great. Any time we need assistance setting up an application to work with Centrify, their knowledgeable staff is able to assist. They have a great, wide ranging offerings that work with the software and applications and cloud offerings that we use on a day to day basis.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that has come up that we haven't been able to use Centrify for us being able to 2 factor Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway. That could just be how their product works that it won't work with this option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a wide range of product offerings that will work with most applications.

We originally started with them for mobile device management. We are slowing moving more of our applications to their platform for 2 factor and having people log into a user portal to access the application.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Great vendor with much potential"

What do you like best?

The thousands of already supported apps. This helps us take some of the administrative overhead off our staff. Centrify is also willing to work on new apps as one of the first apps we needed did not exist. Support worked with us on customizing the needed SAML responses and we were able to get this integrated into the solution.

What do you dislike?

Cant remove device tab from user profile

A critical partner of ours began requiring SSO. We evaluated several solutions that would help us meet this requirement but soon grew into other possibilities since Centrify would help with other initiatives such as MFA.

Centrify review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Solved a Huge Problem and Users Love It"

What do you like best?

I love it's versatility and it's ease of use. The user interface is simple yet advanced, and has allowed our users to adapt quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Centrify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Centrify is innovative and growing at a rapid pace. It is a critical piece of our organization now.

Help desk workload (for password resets and account provisioning) and low business productivity due to access issues were are biggest problems. With Centrify, the Help Desk now rarely receives requests for password resets to our various systems, and if they do they are directed to Centrify for single sign on. Additionally, account provisioning into Office 365 and Salesforce has drastically reduced the time required for account provisioning. End users experience a seamless login into various systems and have significantly less passwords to remember.

Centrify review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Centrify Server Suite"

What do you like best?

Only vendor identified as a leader in two related security markets (Identity as a Service and Privilege Identity Management). Not many companies are ever named a leader, in any single market by Gartner or Forrester. Centrify has been identified as a leader by both in two different markets. While company is growing quickly, they still have the small company/family feel.

What do you dislike?

We have a mix of both express and standard and while we will eventually convert everything over to standard as budgeting becomes available, the current express version while still free is extremely crippled from previous versions. I do understand that you want everyone to be on a purchased product but it just seems like a bait and switch tactic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the product because it is the best out there for what it does. I would just recommend that if you are going to offer a feature and provide it as free then continue with that. Don't offer something then cripple it in future updates.

Unix/Linux authentication across multiple platforms

Centrify review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Deployment for Mac and SSO"

What do you like best?

Ability to bridge the gap on Mac's for integration in an Enterprise environment with GPOs. SSO has been great to use and easy to setup

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to date. We have run into some issues, but they have always been resolved in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, been a greate experience to date.

Mac AD integration, SSO, MFA.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Great Security and Simple to use"

What do you like best?

Multi factor Authentication via Active Directory with provisioning rules and single sign on. We are exploring the use of the MDM piece and it is something that is very attractive since it will follow provisioning rules as well.

What do you dislike?

Use of DirSync and no ability to use AD connect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont hesitate to call support, they are extremely helpful and go the extra mile to make sure the product works!

We are preventing erroneous logins.

SSO

Soon to be using the MDM piece to manage, track and lock down company owned cell phones.

Centrify review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Successful charming deployment"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup start and integration. Provisioning to O365 with a none routable domain. The operational maintenance simplification compared to ADFS which has been in place.

What do you dislike?

Availability of local skilled systemintegrator

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your special applications. Standard works like a charm. Get your support and Service organisation ready right away as things will require change

O365 integration with a none routable domain. SSO accross application. Simplify and speed up SSO deployments compared to existing ADFS. Reduce of operational and maintenance requirements. Mobile devicemanagement replacement allowed us costsavings

Centrify review by Consultant

"Comprehensive and robust application"

What do you like best?

Facilitates a wide variety of requirements from managing access to servers, role based authentication and support for web applications / SSO with all industry standard prototocols

What do you dislike?

There are some features that need to be included like multiple "usable" policies for users, white labeling tomcat based user/password applications.

Non support of SAML response encryption is also an issue, this should be a very standard requirement.

In one word - SSO. Across the enterprise. Applications and servers. That is a huge task and Centrify is definitely up to it.

Centrify review by Davor C.
Davor C.

"Renowned support with endless capabilities for keeping IT simple and secure."

What do you like best?

Out of the box templates makes for easy implementations along with documentation available online.

What do you dislike?

Active directory syncing for Office 365 needs some ironing out but for the most part it's pretty seamless

One stop shop for managing all 6 of our SaaS (Box, O365, Salesforce, Slack, Oracle, Global Relay)

Centrify review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Centrify Solutions are the lifesaver for IT and Biness. "

What do you like best?

Currently, we are impletemented Centrify for Unix to utilize the Windows Active Directory. This eliminate the multiple logins across different platform, and easy to manage the data secure permission with on central control We are also considering of Privilege Service, and Multifactor authentication to secure our partner and clients.

What do you dislike?

So far, everything seem to solving all the problems we are facing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so easy, quick setup, ready within couple hours. it come with many modules with cloud connectors.

Back to the old day, we impletement the IP address restrictions to only allow client company to access our data. Since the technlogy rapid change, more and more users are able to work remotely. This is big challenge for use to maintaint IP address, the MFA solution will real come handy.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Single Sign On Is Great "

What do you like best?

In my environment, we appreciate the ability to have a single sign on that authenticates to our AD credentials and allows for seamless authentication for all of the apps that we use on a daily basis, no matter the department or role.

What do you dislike?

SAML can be a bit of a pain to get setup as each app has their own process and it can be difficult to find and implement each one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Help desk tickets are being reduced the more we roll out this service to the company.

Centrify review by Breck A.
Breck A.

"Centrify has come a long way but has a ways to go still "

What do you like best?

As a SAML admin, configuring custom apps is pretty painless in centrify

What do you dislike?

THE MOBILE APP IS SO UNRELIABLE

Make it so I can approve mfa from the home screen as it used to be.

SSO has been invaluable for our end users to keep our 300+ saas services authentication straight.

Centrify review by Christopher A A.
Christopher A A.

"A workable Cloud SSO"

What do you like best?

Centrify works easily and the setup for the person implementing it is quick with very few options to make things confusing.

What do you dislike?

The have quite the lack of applications that are pre-build and 9 times out of 10 I am forced to use the SAML 2.0 generic application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid IDM cloud service with more and more pre-built applications coming out each day.

I have solved provising problems with Centrfiy, the support is good and I have always gotten a quick answer and follow up to any support problems

Centrify review by Administrator

"My experience(s) with Centrify"

What do you like best?

As an IT Administrator, Centrify makes managing Macs on Active Directory very streamlined and centralized. I'm happy we found them and decided to pull the trigger.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about Centrify. Everything is smooth sailing, secure, and easy to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had no way of managing Macs aside from having local administrator accounts on each computer. Also, SSO will be great for helping users in the future. Centrify is making our lives at work easier!

Centrify review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Centrify DirectAccess"

What do you like best?

The technology works great with little effort and is very stable. One surprising aspect is that the installation and configuration of the software does not require any schema changes to Active Directory which is a great reflection of Centrify's efforts to make the use of this technology safe and seamless.

What do you dislike?

Even when we have had challenges with the product, Centrify has been quick to provide work arounds or even add enhancements to the product to support our needs.

We use DirectAccess to control access to our Unix servers as well as role-based privileged account access. This has greatly reduced our workload for controlling server access and has made that access easier to audit.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Great Identity Provider with outstanding technical support"

What do you like best?

easy and flexible administration

convenient SSO experience

great support

What do you dislike?

only smaller issues:

partially bad performance in admin portal

some missing convenience features (most of them are planned to be implemented in the future)

- Single Sign On: Preventing users from writing passwords from all their applications on a sticky note or an excel sheet on their desktop

- Securing our applications with MFA and condition based authentication rules: Give external users the possibility to access our resources

Centrify review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"Works as Expected"

What do you like best?

Works more or less as expected. Had an implementation meeting and got mostly set up

What do you dislike?

Used with another service, no support after the initial implementation call, even though we didn't get fully problem-free implementation. Refused to troubleshoot lingering issues without paid support

SSO in our service desk environment

Centrify review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Great SSO solution"

What do you like best?

SSO was easy to set up and a great asset to the organization. Used on most applications and implementations are very easy. Users only have to remember one password and customer service is very easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The application works as expected and the support is phenomenal!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the service. Implementing this after users have already gotten used to a service it may be more difficult to have them transition.

SSO, Secure login, MFA

Centrify review by Administrator

"Reliable and Feature Rich Product"

What do you like best?

Lots of support from third party product and you can also do custom settings with minimal configuration.

What do you dislike?

Technical support respond is good but not the best. Need more training for the L1 support persons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product, make sure it fits your requirement by listing your need and nice to have.

SSO, we are able to use our OnPrem AD as the book of record and able to use Centrify to proxy the authentication and authorization.

Centrify review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"solid identity platform and mobile device management solution"

What do you like best?

To date the support has been phenomenal and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Not as feature rich as some of the other players in the segment.

Single Sign-On, Mobile Device Management, Multi-Factor Authentication, and identity services.

"Best SSO I've used"

What do you like best?

After getting Centrify initially started up, it was easy to maintain and create new apps for our associates.

What do you dislike?

That I can't get one dedicated support person without paying a premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Draw out a plan on where you want to be before you launch Centrify and get the Roles setup properly with AD

That all apps are in one location for the associate to access at any time.

Centrify review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Network Engineer"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and allows me to manage my mac computers with active directory group policy. I like the fact that I do not need to manage a mac server anymore and can use group policy to implement the restrictions and features I need users to have on a mac.

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to figure that what I do not like about centrify. Actually, I do not like the response time to technical support over the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Centrify needs to have better phone support.

the problem of not having a mac server to manage mac computers goes away with centrify.

Centrify review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good value identity service "

What do you like best?

The support has been very responsive.

GUI is very user friendly and accessible.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality in some aspects.

Not well known in the industry. Constantly advised by support of primary system providers to use someone else like airwatch or jamf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consult with Centrify about best practices before attempting to implement. It will save you a lot of work later.

Single sign-on through Centrify has greatly improved our customer experience.

Centrify review by User

"Centrify Secure Login"

What do you like best?

Centrify helps a lot with any individual working in a corporate environment to secure logins to access different type of applications that includes office 365, ticketing system, time management, file sharing, etc.

What do you dislike?

none so far we are very pleased with the performance and security of the product.

Before we started using Centrify SSO we need to remember a bunch of user credentials username and password.

Centrify review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Implementing Centrify in the Development domain"

What do you like best?

Centralizes account management via Active Directory bridging. Instead of managing user account across thousands of servers, it's all done in Active Directory. It is now near impossible to miss an account termination on a server, which increases overall security as well as SAV scan ratings.

What do you dislike?

We still have issues with local server settings overwriting AD in some cases.

Account terminations have been a problem in the past. Now they are removed from one place in AD and gone from all servers in the environment. Also, account maintenance in one single location has benefited users.

"Powerful User Management"

What do you like best?

The integration of Unix/Linux users and groups management with Active Directory.

What do you dislike?

The Direct Audit PowerShell Cmdlets can only be execute locally but not remotely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The services have greatly reduced the amount of the work and time for the administrators.

* Users and groups management.

* The services have greatly reduced the amount of work and time for such type of administration.

Centrify review by Executive Sponsor in Entertainment
Executive Sponsor in Entertainment

"Centrify unifies our SSO and MDM requirements"

What do you like best?

Easy, intuitive interface.

Customer support

What do you dislike?

Could use more pre-canned reports

Alerting could be better

Mobile app could be more polished

Recommendations to others considering the product

Centrify has a lot of features that should help it sell within your organization

Single Sign-On and MDM

We were able to discontinue the use of ADFS and speed up SSO integration with new apps

Users are now being provisioned from a single application

Centrify review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Configuration Help"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a Windows Systems

What do you dislike?

Linux. It takes too long to set up a system

MFA works quickly

Centrify review by Randy J.
Randy J.

"Great, easy to deploy and use"

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment. We were able to get this up and completely functional in a few days.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any dislikes at this point. Waiting for future additional Mac integration down the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to spin up, I love it.

Single sign on and the ability to force multifactor authentication on the users with sensitive data.

Centrify review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Works as expected, mostly used for Linux authentication."

What do you like best?

I like that it helps in the management of non-windows clients and that with roles (zones) it is easy to scale.

What do you dislike?

I am still not that happy with the features that are available with Windows clients.

Mostly with auditing and provision users on Linux. It integrates nicely with our AD infrastructure.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Great for SSO and Endpoint Management"

What do you like best?

Simple setup

Great for managing Macs in AD

Wide SSO/SAML support

Great Mobile App Experience

What do you dislike?

MFA options behave differently depending on which factor a user chooses

some documentation is outdated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial first to make sure it works for you.

User management, account management, device management

Users love the SSO experience

Centrify review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Single Sign on Success"

What do you like best?

I use several online applications, even multiple user logins for the same application. Centrify is the only reason I can stay sane with the number of logins and users that I need to jump between.

What do you dislike?

Customization of tiles images on a user by user basis.

Single sign on with Centrify creates time efficiencies for me as well as increased security for all of my clients.

Centrify review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Sigle Sign-On through Centrify"

What do you like best?

We can enable SSO on any application as Custom application is easy to use and does not require any Out of box thing.

What do you dislike?

I have found predefined Jira application Out of date.

We are enabling SSO through Centrify and its saving lots of time to login to the apps separately.

Centrify review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great product and service, just lacking some features"

What do you like best?

Support and implementation , Cindy was amazing!

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization (portal, sms), no support for ADP (even though this is a problem on ADPs side since they're in bed with Okta. SAML is SAML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on ADP

SSO/Identity Management. It's been amazing seeing trends and exact login issues with the end users.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Large set of apps and abilities"

What do you like best?

ease of use, self service tools, and quick remote wipe when needed.

What do you dislike?

Their marketing needs to better inform customers of what they offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask for a complete list of what is included, hint there is a lot.

SSO with MFA, as well as self service tools.

Lessened call to helpdesk for password reset.

Centrify review by John M.
John M.

"The easiest ways to add Macs to a Windows domain. "

What do you like best?

The process is very straightforward yet flexible.

What do you dislike?

Most gripes are due to shortcomings in Windows, not Centrify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It solves a lot of headaches related to integrating Macs into a Windows domain.

Attaching Macs to a Windows domain and achieving full connectivity. Interoperability is greatly improved.

Centrify review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The support team is very hands on and answers questions in a timely manner

What do you dislike?

Not much, any issues we have are addressed immediately and Centrify will come up a work around to meet our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This feature can be used in an employee portal setting on a website.

We have various HR sites that are utilized by employees. Each site has a different login and password to remember. After the initial setup. Single sign feature has helped simplify access to these sites.

"Easy to use SSO system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use when setting up application. Customer service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about the Centrify application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want ease of use and less headache in maintaining SSO, Centrify is your sure bet!!!

Previously we're using ADFS to access SP online and the setup was cumbersome and we need to make sure that ADFS service are always running. Now we also have our login to Docusign configured on Centrify. Centrify has made easy for us to use one sign on for multiple applications.

Centrify review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Centrify is reliable, secure, and steady."

What do you like best?

Centrify has always worked well for me. I use it to log into most programs, and to access a dashboard of programs that are available to us. It's steady and reliable.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I get logged out of Gmail, sometimes in the middle of an email. I'm not sure why it happens, but I think it has something to do with timing out. Which is strange because I'm on email all day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's clean, steady, reliable, and secure. No worries about it at all.

Single Sign on, and security.

"Centrify "

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, use, adding additional apps and great technical support.

What do you dislike?

It is additional cost on top of what we are paying to MS for Office 365.

Single sign on. User just use AD credential and no need to remember multiple username and password for different site. And secured.

Centrify review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Enrolling Macs and installing Centrify to add to Active Directory

What do you dislike?

ZSO works 90% of the time. It may be our network, but we haven't been able to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get Andrea to help with set up.

Mac Management. Its easy to wipe computers from our end.

Centrify review by Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals
Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals

"Great Product! Getting there!"

What do you like best?

It's a great product and has great potential. It makes it easy to adopt and has more options than anything out there.

What do you dislike?

We have seen some challenges in heavy regulated environments where we had issues getting it to work effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It works!

Easy to use single sign on product, great list of integrated applications, easy to use and configure and makes having to remember ten different system accounts and passwords a thing of the past.

"Centrify G2"

What do you like best?

You get to compete with other users for points. I love competition.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it enough to see anything I dont like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep innovating.

SSO across the board to all of our clients. Centriy has made this seamless. I can now set up O365 with my eyes closed and put the client image on the login page.

On my end its cake, for the client, the customization and features are priceless.

Centrify review by Hanna A.
Hanna A.

"Centrify is great to use!!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use once everything is setup

What do you dislike?

Setting it up took a long time and we ran into a lot of issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the interface more user-friendly

Bottlenecking the access for the SAML-based applications

Centrify review by Clark B.
Clark B.

"Superior Network Security Services"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Centrify is their friendly customer support.

What do you dislike?

If I had to chose what I dislike is that sometimes the services can have a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to try and learn.

Ensuring network security for our company.

"SAML with Centrify"

What do you like best?

Somewhat turn key setup with a lot of connectors already built for standard applications

What do you dislike?

Not many ways to customize the user portal. Could provide more guidance on best ways to get set up.

Provide a single sign on accross multiple platforms.

Centrify review by Ahmed R.
Ahmed R.

"Mobile Device Enrollment"

What do you like best?

MFA is easliy setup and maintained within Centrify. Admin account management is easily maintained within Centrify

What do you dislike?

Mobile Device Enrollment was not easy to follow along.

Password management is easily maintained within Centrify. Centrify management and ease of use is excellent.

Centrify review by FERNANDO L.
FERNANDO L.

"EXCELLENT SOLUTION, VERSATILE, EASY TO USE, MAINTAIN AND TO IMPLEMENT"

What do you like best?

IT WAS EASY TO SETUP, USE AND MAINTAIN. THE SERVICES WORKS WELL AND WAS EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH OTHERS PRODUCTS.

What do you dislike?

CENTRIFY HAS A GREAT PRODUCT WITH GREAT EXPECTATIONS BUS IS STILL MATURING.

WE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH USERS AUTHENTICATION.

Centrify review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"This product is great!"

What do you like best?

The technology is great and my IT team has really embraced it.

What do you dislike?

We have not had reason to "dislike" anything with the product.

We harmonized our HR systems and provided SSO at the same time.

Centrify review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Great IDaaS product, easy to learn and maintain"

What do you like best?

Unlike its competitors that cover only SSO and authenitication, Centrify provides management platform for mobile devices and application proxy .

What do you dislike?

Some granular functionality, such as federated AWS command line access and ability to assign elevated permissions to manage applications more granularly have yet to be implemented.

Centrilized SSO using SAML and OperID Connect, mobile devices management and internet application proxy to securely expose internal web apps externally without having to manage firewalls.

Centrify review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Experience With Centrify Server Suite"

What do you like best?

Out of the box working across Multiple Operating Systems. Continuous improvements to the product and have not ran into any issues with the implementation.

What do you dislike?

Centrify Server Suite is a little pricey, but it is the best product for what it does out there today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely great product.

UNIX Authentication, compliance, roles and permissions in multiple UNIX Environments.

Centrify review by Executive Sponsor in Investment Management
Executive Sponsor in Investment Management

"Deployed Centrify for new asset mgmt company"

What do you like best?

the Stability inherent in the system is paramount

What do you dislike?

They upgraded the service and it broke a mobile function with one of our apps (e.x. BOX)

MFA and SSO

Centrify review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Centrify is a strong product with potential for grownth."

What do you like best?

It is easy to create new apps and assign them to user roles. The mobile app works well and is easy for students to use. Portal authentication is relatively easy to setup and integrate.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, greater adoption of Centrify costs more as your user base grows. New licenses are easily generated, but monitoring cost may require some effort.

The Centrify portal allows us to place all critical applications and service in one central place. It also alleviates end users from having to remember multiple credentials.

"Centrify"

What do you like best?

Mac management, works like AD for windows and its awesome

What do you dislike?

The difficulty of SAML testing sometimes it doesnt work for test enviroments

Mac Management

Centrify review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Good Service, easy integration "

What do you like best?

The easy implementation and integration.

What do you dislike?

Documentation not available for some enterprise applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and implement.

Federation with Client directories.

"Centrify Privilege Management"

What do you like best?

The capability to provide administrative access controls on both Linux, Windows and MAC systems

What do you dislike?

Convoluted set up. Dependencies on Active Directory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes definitely recommend Centrify. It is the defacto standard on access provisioning and control

Access Control/ User Provisioning

Centrify review by User in Financial Services

"Centrify Identity Access Management & Multi Factor Authentication"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure & support all new security features

What do you dislike?

Need more flexibility in the product to work with different source mechanism. For example, it supports Open LDAP configuration but needs more changes to support IBM SDS, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and provide all new security features.

Single Sign-on & Multi Factor Authentication

"I need help!"

What do you like best?

Simple email option for requesting help with SSO application creation.

Timely responses from TSE's

What do you dislike?

I have been completely satisfied with Centrify support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality product - we are very satisfied. Good user community feedback so far.

Reduction in number of userids and passwords that staff have to manage.

Increase security for mobile access of corporate resources

Centrify review by TreVon M.
TreVon M.

"Great Tool for Hybrid Identity Management"

What do you like best?

The PIM that we use across or endpoints.

What do you dislike?

The lack of the ability to post messages

Cloud and on-premises identity management

"Centrify"

What do you like best?

The ability to push GPO and AD policies to mac users in a windows environment.

What do you dislike?

Updates don't auto install. It would be nice to see some auto update feature for both the client and the server applications.

We are pushing GPO and AD policy to mac machines in our windows environment.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Great experience. Easy to implement and support was very helpful"

What do you like best?

The features and how easy it was to implement.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. We are very happy with Centrify.

Single Sign-On for web based applications and as well as Multi-Factor Authentication. Users are able to unlock their own AD accounts

Centrify review by Administrator

"Centrify Application Services - Liking where this is Going"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with the product and the willingness of Centrify to learn to improve.

What do you dislike?

The documentation can be clearer and more concise.

It allows us to extend our platform leveraging Centrify's technology which helps us improve our employee's and customer's experience.

Centrify review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Centrify Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The product is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of logging available via the console.

SAML integration and MFA.

Centrify review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for account security!"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to store encrypted passwords for client security

What do you dislike?

Don't love that you have to log out and log back in when a new tile is added

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for SSO and client/business security

Client security is a huge issue for us and Centrify helps us keep them protected

"Meh... It works"

What do you like best?

It lets me log in 1 time & lets me log into many apps.

What do you dislike?

It frequently logs me out for no reason (like minutes after logging in).

It's a single log in point for multiple platforms.

Centrify review by Administrator

"Main features work as expected; room for improvement in onboarding service and documentation."

What do you like best?

We're providing our users with SSO access to web applications through the deployment of Centrify.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding experience could use some improvement; same for documentation.

SSO access to web applications; application access control.

Centrify review by Consultant

"Review"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

Documentation for troubleshooting issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed

Single Sign On without having to use AD Connect Sync

Centrify review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"SSO"

What do you like best?

Centrify saves a lot of manual management/intervention and works with both Windows and Linux OS

What do you dislike?

Still using the product but so far nothing major

UNIX AD, authentication, improved security and management, and good support from company

Centrify review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Consumer Goods
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Consumer Goods

"Very good Tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use it

Great features

Nice pre-sales support

What do you dislike?

Does not have auto-discovery feature

Lack of section management

Privileged Access on Windows servers

"Good for management"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Especially for management

What do you dislike?

Initial installation taking some time. Not so much bothered though

Managing cloud access & devices

Centrify review by Agency
Agency

"user governance made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of centralized user governance....

What do you dislike?

so far I dislike nothing about it........

Recommendations to others considering the product

solve your user governance problems

administrative rights governance

Learning about Centrify Application Services?

* We monitor all Centrify Application Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.