CenturyLink Cloud

3.4

Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service with a global network of enterprise-class data centers.

Work for CenturyLink Cloud?

Learning about CenturyLink?

CenturyLink Cloud Reviews

Ask CenturyLink a Question
Showing 11 CenturyLink reviews
CenturyLink review by Executive Sponsor in Wholesale
Executive Sponsor in Wholesale

"Dedicated Cloud Compute & Public Cloud Customer"

What do you like best?

The sales and support staff seem to really care about customers. The Dedicated Cloud Compute and Public Cloud environments have been rock stable. Architect stays with customers even after go-live. The architect we have is very good and knows how to get things done.

What do you dislike?

There is still a traditional telecommunications mindset with certain groups and people. There are knowledge gaps in certain support areas. We had a long standing occasional database issue that took forever to figure out. However, they did stay with it and work with us on it. Microsoft recently increased the costs for SQL server. CenturyLink took the opportunity to raise the rate by an additional 35% above what Microsoft is charging them. However, CenturyLink is working with us on a alternate solution for the cloud database that will actually lower the cost. The question is, why weren't we on an alternate solution to begin with. In conclusion, you have to keep an eye out on your costs and your best interest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CenturyLink is eager for business in the competitive cloud market. Make sure you get the right architect, which we did, and make sure the deliverables are correct. You also have to be patient with CenturyLink as I stated earlier they still act like a traditional telecommunications company at times.

CenturyLink hosts our company E-Commerce platform, both production on the Dedicated Cloud Compute and or Disaster Recovery on the Public Cloud.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CenturyLink Cloud
CenturyLink review by Mu Kenny L.
Mu Kenny L.

"Great Performance IaaS Offering"

What do you like best?

CenturyLink Cloud offers a very powerful IaaS offering that is above industry average. They also offer a unique blueprints feature to quickly provision VMs with the tools you need to get started; it doesn't save you months of time, but does make it more convenient for you to get started without having to download and setup yourself.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about, but one recommendation would be to allow users to view all VMs in one table, rather than segregating by regions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for high performance, CenturyLink Cloud should definitely be on your list of IaaS providers to consider.

We conduct IaaS testing on price-performance to help our clients right-size the cloud environments they plan to deploy.

What Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution do you use?

CenturyLink review by Agency
Agency

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We had a few issues with our service but the customer service was always great. All of the staff is very responsive and won't just transfer you from department to department.

What do you dislike?

Had some technical issues, but all issues were resolved promptly. They're customer service representatives have been very responsive throughout the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommenced to any business considering their services, they offer many great solutions.

Their platform was very easy to use for all employees, we were able to quickly implement.

CenturyLink review by Mariah D.
Mariah D.

"Century Link Cloud"

What do you like best?

Ease of connection. fast in my area. I no longer use Century link for business.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty automatically syncing data and separating home/ business uploads within my account

Data storage, comparable price to apple, but easy to utilize with both my PC and Mac

CenturyLink review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be able to store all data, files, presentation without the huge price tag. In also able to collaborate amongst colleagues effectively and easily.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little slow and have had a few glitches

I'm solving the need for a cost-efficient way to sort and store large data files. I'm able to have this info on the go and I'm able to share amongst colleagues and potential clients.

CenturyLink review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Improving With Time!"

What do you like best?

This platform provides fast speeds and service for a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

The syncing capabilities are not always working, and when they do, it takes quite a bit of time to process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a fast performing program. Great service for the price and able to maintain a vast amount of storage easily.

I'm able to use this tool to collaborate better with others. It's a cost effective solution and I'm able to store much larger files than my previous system.

CenturyLink review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"CenturyLink Cloud Services review"

What do you like best?

Customer service experience has been top notch. Deployment was handled exceptionally well. Scalability and automation is extremely robust

What do you dislike?

Back end management could be a little more power-user friendly.

Virtualization. Resource management.

CenturyLink review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Cloud it great "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility the remote cloud solution offers.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure could be improved upon

Cloud storage

CenturyLink review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"CenturyLink Cloud User"

What do you like best?

I like the UI the best because it's easily navigated and not too trivial for non-technical users.

What do you dislike?

CenturyLink has by far and away the worst customer service, so that.

We are able to leverage it for better reporting in terms of analytics. It has simplified the process of better granularity in our linear reporting metrics.

CenturyLink review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I used the virtual machine in the windows server"

What do you like best?

Internet speed was very fast, the machine was fast and reliable also.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little pricey if you're on a short budget, but if not, go for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regarding my experience with the virtual machines, it went all very smoothly.

I was just testing the VM's.

CenturyLink review by User in Computer Software

"Symphony Has Matured Since Infancy"

What do you like best?

This has one of the easiest to use web interfaces that is not only intuitive but descriptive.

What do you dislike?

Networking can be a daunting task within Symphony, and I spend some time with support to get it nailed down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Symphony has made great strides towards being an enterprise cloud provider, and when investigating what is a good solution for you, I would recommend checking this out.

Learning about CenturyLink Cloud?

* We monitor all CenturyLink Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.