(318 reviews)

Ceridian Dayforce is a cloud-based single application for HCM.

Work for Ceridian Dayforce?

Learning about Ceridian Dayforce?

Ceridian Dayforce Reviews

Showing 321 Ceridian Dayforce reviews
Ceridian Dayforce review by Seri C.
Seri C.

"Greatly Enjoy Working in the Dayforce Solution!"

What do you like best?

We love that it is so customizable. Dayforce also implements a lot of enhancements and features from user suggestions. We find their support to be awesome, we email in the question/issue and the support team is able to assign it to the right person and get back to us in a timely manner. The all in one platform makes this so easy and all information is in one place significantly improving our data integrity!

What do you dislike?

That it is so customizable? We either need to pay for customization or have a designated person in house to know the system in and out and be able to make improvements when needed. That person also needs to stay on top of the improvements so they can be activated and used in the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions and suggest improvements.

Our payroll process is becoming more and more efficient. We are also able to integrate systems together either directly or through reporting to reduce duplication in other departments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ceridian Dayforce
Ceridian Dayforce review by Carrie E.
Carrie E.

"Best upgrade ever!"

What do you like best?

Real time paycheck calculations. One system for administrators and employees to log in to.

retro pay calculation. Mobile app feature. Employee access to paystubs and W2s.

Dayforce listening to customers ideas and implementing them in future upgrades.

How Dayforce is constantly improving their product through upgrades.

What do you dislike?

when the system slows down or stops. When time clocks go down.

some portions of the system are complicated, like "Roles" you must check more than one box sometimes to get your desired result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

expect to do a lot of testing while in implementation stage. communication is key. make sure your implementation team knows what you need so it is set up correctly in the beginning.

implementation stage can be overwhelming and frustrating but the switch to Dayforce will be well worth it in the end

employees are able to see their paychecks before we commit so errors are being caught ahead of time which saves us time and money having to make corrections. Managers and supervisors have easier access to their employee's time sheets and compensation information. we are implementing the Benefits Module in January which will give employees easier access to their current benefits and also allow them to notify us of changes. We like all the transparency Dayforce brings to our business.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Ceridian Dayforce review by DJ G.
DJ G.

"Dayforce Seems Optimal, If Only Ceridian Could Implement Properly!!!"

What do you like best?

The electronic nature of the product adds to the ease. The mobile app is great but I wish it had more functionality. I do like the idea of going paperless and Dayforce helps out immensely, and the approvals are easy.

What do you dislike?

Implementation was a nightmare and even after 14 pay periods, it is still not set up properly. I also don't like that we can't call with questions, we have to submit tickets, which, in my experience, often gets misunderstood. We have even been forgotten about when trying to get things fixed from implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a bad implementation process right from the start including decision to switch. They forgot about us and we waited a year to implement which didn't sit well from the get-go. Anyone considering switching needs to be on the Implementation Team from the start and to utilize auditing once "go-live" as many things for us did not transfer from InSync to Dayforce causing major issues.

We are getting better at having the staff manage their time better. The automation of the app makes it quicker and easier to use the product.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Cristian P.
Cristian P.

"Dayforce gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

The program fills all the needs that we're using it for. I primarily use it for employee reviews and time off requests. I haven't encountered any real issues when using the service.

What do you dislike?

The layout isn't the greatest. This may also have been user-error, but we were acquired back in April of '17, and the company that was using Dayforce that moved us into it, thought that you had to use Internet Explorer to access certain areas. As I had a "new set of eyes", I found where to accomplish those tasks within the actual interface, but it left me confused as to why no one else was aware of this prior to our acquisition. I believe support had been contacted, but no one had advised them of how to access these features without the IE workaround. That said, I am not personally aware if they did/didn't reach out to support for assistance, so it is a bit of a moot point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quite the product for what it's purposed for. Spending time looking around the interface and knowing where things lie is key to utilizing the product to its full potential.

Easily managing time off requests and employee reviews has been fantastic. Additionally, ensuring that reviews make it through the proper channels for approval has been quite the relief.

Ceridian Dayforce review by David C.
David C.

"Great centralized hub for HR data"

What do you like best?

We used to use two different platforms plus paper forms for all our HR data. Now, we have all of it in one easy-to-access spot. Being able to adjust benefits, maintain beneficiaries and dependent information without having to re-fill out information each year on paper forms is huge. Also, having one place to see time off accrual is helpful. Our old system was confusing in how it presented vacation time. This lets you see clearly how much time you have and what you should use. During tax time, this will also be very helpful, as it was so easy to download pay stubs and other documents necessary for that. The mobile app also has been helpful for many of the same reasons.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve to using the site. Plus, the timecard submission isn't as intuitive as our other site. However, that may be just a product of expecting the new site to match the old. It took some clicking to get the handle of submitting time off requests but that's to be expected. It also doesn't tell you whether the time off request has been approved through any means but in-program message. That's not a problem; for someone who's not in there every day, it can be a bit of a chore to keep checking until time has been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, this has been a very helpful product.

Bringing all HR data, including time off requests, pay stubs and benefit data into one place. This localized information allows employees to access things much quicker, which helps our smaller HR department.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Dayforce- Prepare before Implementing"

What do you like best?

We love the SourceTax and single database approach, and reporting has been very flexible. We also enjoy the way that retroactive changes process in the system and the easy of viewing and calculating the upcoming payroll file for review.

What do you dislike?

We have some lingering issues from a rushed implementation, and we're struggling a bit with a few items that have been submitted to Dayforce Support that are not being adequately cleared. Because the system is so configurable, it's difficult for their support personnel to know enough about our iteration of the system to provide meaningful feedback on issues we encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the Dayforce Live training (all of it!!) prior to starting the Discovery phase of your implementation. Your whole experience will be much smoother if you have a solid understanding of the system capabilities before you meet with your implementation team.

We are in the process of consolidating our payroll for the 5 countries where we operate in one payroll system. We're already live for the US and Canada, and plan to go live with Australia and the UK prior to the end of the year. Singapore will be our next addition to the Dayforce platform. We have seen a significant improvement in end user buy-in. This program is easy for our employees, time sheet editors, and managers to use. It provides the opportunity to have a consistent user experience (and therefore, a single set of user guides) across the company. We have also seen an improvement in the availability of historical and company-wide data which has improved the efficacy of our reporting for everything from ACA requirements to CEO requests for data metrics on company-wide turnover and promotion trends.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Straightforward, Functional, and Helpful"

What do you like best?

Dayforce has an app for my iPhone that allows me easy access to my account. I'm able to clock in or out without a hassle, and I can check and edit my timesheet to reflect the correct hours I worked. It also allows me access to my earnings and time off requests, so I can check things even when I'm not in the office.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it had a way to log in by memory instead of making me type in my password every time. It also sometimes rounds my time to the wrong interval (ex. clock in at 10:07 should round down to 10:00 but it often puts it at 10:15 instead).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product should fit most of your company's needs. It has time and attendance, earnings statements, year end forms, benefit elections, time off requests, and more. The app that works with the software is an added bonus, that provides flexibility to the employees.

Having everything in one place has made managing my work details much easier, especially with the use of the app. I don't need to email HR as often to ask about my benefits or earnings, and I was able to access my end of year forms to do my taxes even before it was physically mailed to me.

Ceridian Dayforce review by John P.
John P.

"Time keeping made easy"

What do you like best?

While I am very new to Dayforce and use only a small corner of the system I have been very impressed. I use a different time management tool for my employer, but as a supervisor I oversee individuals who are employed by affiliates. For this I have access to the Dayforce system to approve timecards. I must say it is very sleek and easy to manage. As an approver, I do very little aside from logging in to make less than five clicks and my employee’s time is approved for the respective period – simple! For the employee, they can designate their intended work hours ahead of time and backtrack changes as needed. It gives them peace of mind, able to focus on their work, rather than constantly swiping in and out to avoid overtime, etc. With this comes accountability of hours worked of course.

What do you dislike?

The negative that I can see for some would be the easy means to simply “input” hours, and there is not a clocking in and out feature with a badge that holds employees to this. Given this, the system may not be ideal for large organizations or management structures with high numbers of direct reports. If there is a means to orchestrate an in/out system I am unaware, but again I am an outside user to this system. The only other negative is the coding can be a little confusing, or it’s not very intuitive. Examples are the abbreviations for paid time off vs. sick leave vs. leave without pay. I regularly need back track to my training to verify the code my employee entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very multi-purpose HR tool and is very inline with the modern systems used by 21st century businesses. First understand what the system can do, and then review what the system cannot do. The grass is always greener, but with any system comes limitations that may not fit your industry.

As a manager for employees from three different companies, I have found this extremely beneficial to gain access to the affiliates system. The means to get setup, trained, and running was extremely simple. This aide to the simplicity of the system. From my primary employer’s perspective, we have a means to get easy reports of the individuals that are working within our facility and the hours that are being back charged. Healthcare can be a multi-team supported environment and the means to remain effectively managing our contract/non-employees electronically has been very beneficial.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Marla S.
Marla S.

"IT GET'S THE JOB DONE!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigating through the screens and different areas of the application. I love that it is EASY and self explanatory. It would not be difficult for Baby Boomers to navigate. You can edit the icons on your logon screen to fit your particular needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it works best in I.E. as opposed to Chrome. It uses something called Silverlight. Chrome does not support Silverlight; therefore, the number of messages seem to never go away on the top right. I always have the message icon there with the #9 highlighted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test, test, and test again prior to going live. Ensure you ask ALL of the questions you can think of in the beginning stages of implementation to alleviate a possible headache down the line.

Automated HR functions (i.e. recruiting, performance management, payroll management, benefits)

Ceridian Dayforce review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Great HCMS system, customer support is outstanding"

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive and easy to understand how to make business processes more efficient. If you have an issue or question, their customer support structure is top-notch and focused on providing a full solution. I really enjoy being able to connect with other users through Share Ideas and Ceridian XOXO.

What do you dislike?

I think the recruiting module could be enhanced. I would love to be able to customize alerts to hiring managers that include the resume or other candidate profile information. Also, building custom reports can be a bit difficult if you are unfamiliar with SQL or how data tables work.

Payroll used to take us three days to process and now we are able to cut that in half. Benefit review and utilization was very manual.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"great service"

What do you like best?

I like that dayforce is available as a website or an app; it makes it really easy for me to check my work info on the go. It's also very organized, showing me both the hours I need to work AND what kind of shift I'll have (floor, inventory, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app doesn't give me as much detailed info as the website, particularly on the calendar page. When I click on my shift for a particular day, all the info that comes up is a little overwhelming and not easy to understand. I also wish the site/app would remember my login info so I don't have to enter it every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful organizational tool, whether it's for a small crew or a large team. Very intuitive, so there's minimal training needed for new hires who are just learning how to use it.

We use Dayforce for staff communication, primarily schedule-creating and schedule dissemination. Everyone can see their schedules from their phones, and we have full control over what needs to happen with work hours.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Bridget D.
Bridget D.

"Dayforce HCM"

What do you like best?

I find Dayforce very easy to navigate because it has a simplified interface design. This makes the system easy to use from an admin perspective, but has also been helpful with end user acceptance across the organization. Whether on a desktop or the mobile app, Dayforce is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The payroll module is complicated and not user-friendly. it took me a long time to get familiar with that navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to form a strategic cross-funcitonal team before implementing.

Once of my favorite features that Dayforce offers is their mobile app. It's easy to setup, easy to navigate, and offers a ton of functionality for a very mobile employee population. As the mobile app continues to evolve, it makes managing employees and completing required tasks in Dayforce on the go that much easier. Amazing!

Ceridian Dayforce review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Dayforce is a life saver "

What do you like best?

Ceridian Dayforce is a phenomenal program that allows employees to access paystubs and wage information from the beginning of their tenure at said company (assuming that company had Ceridian Dayforce at the start). I've been trying to buy a house and I've had to submit paystub after paystub and instead of bothering my employer about it I could easily check cDayforce and get my paystubs from there. Furthermore their app is super intuitive to use and allows me to check my sick time accumulation, how many hours I've worked for the week and even how many hours I'm scheduled for the week. I use the app daily because it just makes my life so easy. Furthermore, the app allows me to see my pay before my paydate (I get paid bi weekly on Friday) so I can plan for the future!

What do you dislike?

They recently removed the clock-in/ clock-out feature which can be a little frustrating when I'm already ready to work in my seat and I have to walk back to the clock, but that might not be Dayforce's fault but actually, my company decided to take it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely use it! The ease of use is totally worth it.

Ceridian Dayforce has made it a lot easier to access crucial information and change my pertinent information if needed. It allows management to spend less time getting those fiiles for employees and more time making sure daily things get completed.

Ceridian Dayforce review by John S.
John S.

"End-to-End WFM Solution"

What do you like best?

Ceridian's DayforceHCM has been our workforce management solution for over 3 years now, and it's been instrumental in streamlining our people management. We utilize the system for job postings, application processing, interview management, hiring, onboarding, schedules, employee time, timesheets, manager approvals, payroll, benefits, paperless file management, compliance management and performance review. With 8 YMCA branch locations, plus 20 offsite program locations, having a fully integrated HRIS is critical to management of our 800+ employees. And as Ceridian enhances their product through release updates, we continue to refine our ability to manage employee, remain compliant, and develop our staff leaders.

What do you dislike?

With every HCM solution, there are going to be speed bumps along the way which create difficulties. Over the past 3 years, our organization has seen our share of these issues. As we experience issues we work with Ceridian to have it resolved, or create best practices to work within the product's framework. Compared to other HCM solutions, the positives in Dayforce far outweigh any negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always approach and HCM RFP with your goals firmly in mind, what you absolutely can't live without, and keep those vital needs firmly at the front. They will make or break any system that you use.

We've been able to give more HCM capability to our managers in overseeing their people through the employee life cycle, plus give employees more self-service options, while also overhauling our HR practices with regard to compliance and paperless employee files.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"Dayforce is great!"

What do you like best?

- User Friendly

- Employee Self Serve

- On-boarding

- Clean system

- Easy to track information

What do you dislike?

- Slow loading sometimes

- Implementation could have been better

- Information could be showcased differently

- Lack of flexibility - If you want to implement a change, you won't necessarily be able to do it alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The only thing that bothers me is that I can't fix something myself that was implemented or set up a certain way and that drives me crazy. I do wish Dayforce may offered training programs directly (not videos) for people who want to learn the system so they can implement some changes internally as opposed to with the Dayforce team.

However, this system has everything! It's a wonderful system and I'd recommend it to anyone.

It's stopped me from doing everything manually especially when it comes to on-boarding. I had a lot of different steps that started all the way from recruiting to the selection and on-boarding. Dayforce made everything come from one place.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Cassaundra B.
Cassaundra B.

"Best on the market!"

What do you like best?

Payroll! It is so much easier and far less manual. I also appreciate truly having one system instead of babysitting a bunch of back-end integration. Many of the other leading competitors for HCM all say they are one system but still use embedded code from other side systems. Dayforce truly is one. Every update you make in one part of the system shows up instantly in another part.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better (but I think the upcoming upgrade takes care of a lot of it). Also the Support teams could use some work. I feel as though I know more than the Support team often and am giving them advice on how to troubleshoot. I would also say the integration/feed implementation could use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot stress this enough: if you are using Dayforce for your Benefits, start the ball rolling with carrier feeds IMMEDIATELY. The implementation consultants will give you a timeline but do not take no for an answer. Start gather requirements from your carriers and scope documents and contact information ASAP. Seriously. It is imperative you get started early so you do not find yourself behind.

I think the biggest thing we have addressed thus far has been payroll. We've seen a significant difference in the time it takes to process payroll. I also think, once our issues have been resolved regarding benefits, we could see the improvement with our processes there.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Bethann D.
Bethann D.

"One-stop shopping for your HCM Needs"

What do you like best?

We are a manufacturing company with locations in multiple states, with 2 union and 2 non-union bargaining agreements. That makes our Time & Attendance policies both very diverse as well as very complex. Dayforce is able to handle all the differences with ease.

What do you dislike?

Our staff is well trained on database management and configuration. It would be helpful if we didn't have to go through first-level support when we find the need to call the support help-desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need access to your HR and Payroll information, either in reports or in Dashboards, you will want to consider Dayforce. It is truly an all-in-one platform. No duplicated data entry. Plus, it is highly configurable, so much easier than other products to set up separate payrolls that have their own unique pay policies.

We have completely automated Time Away From Work (requesting, approving, recording time off requests), Attendance (points system, with alerts when a violation level has been reached); and leveraging our knowledge of the software to create a method to capture/track Intermittent FMLA.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Dayforce: Great for managing time"

What do you like best?

The ease at which it allows me to alter my availability and view my schedule for work.

What do you dislike?

The communication system between users under the same company branch could be improved. Currently there is only a way to post shifts that one wishes to have covered, but there isn't a way to send out an alert or notification to other users to prompt them to view it.

I also dislike having to change passwords every 90 days. I understand the concept behind it, but when a person has so many logins for so many places, having to juggle another one thrown into the mix that demands to be changed is a hassle.

I also don't like that you are unable to see others' schedules when attempting to trade shifts. It makes communication one more step difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to help employees do initial troubleshooting and training. Once they get the hang of it, employees are able to better manage themselves through the application.

It prevents employees from needing to call to receive their schedules each week, they can access everything online or on their phone. It cuts down on missed shifts and helps organize the employees working for specific tasks.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Stacy L.
Stacy L.

"Offers so many options and helps with efficiency "

What do you like best?

Dayforce has so much to offer, between the workflows to eliminate paper forms to the XOXO customer networking it has customization to fit your needs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say I dislike a little bit would be when I get customer support overseas. Other than that, I like everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! It was such a good business decision for us and we love it. My only recommendation is to not rush your implementation and to take the training classes before you start it. Then you will have a really good idea of what you need to set up and your implementation will go so much smoother. Also, make sure to send your main Payroll & HR users to Insights, because the education you receive their is so beneficial and the customer networking will save you so much time when you have an issue.

We have now been able to combine a HR, Payroll, WFM, Document management, Performance and Benefits all into 1 system. It has reduced cost, time on data entry and efficiency across all departments. Giving the managers and employees real time access to their timesheets has reduced errors and extra work for payroll. Dayforce has helped us connect more to the younger workforce and give them what they are used to; access to their information immediately.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Lynn F.
Lynn F.

"Dayforce on a scale of 1 - 10 = 10"

What do you like best?

Dayforce allows for instant HR updates, calculations of our pay runs on demand to see the liability at any time, the ability to build our platforms to meet our company organizational needs, and knowing that there is a support person on the other end of the line with the expertise and ability to help through almost any issue. I utilize Dayforce everyday, all day and it works very well for us.

What do you dislike?

The report writing program capabilities is a bit lacking and somewhat cumbersome but we have been advised that with our next release the on demand, custom report writing features will be greatly improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly program with many facets that would complement any HR/Payroll program.

We have a multi-tiered Entitlement benefit program based on Pay Class and Position and the system properly monitors the annual accrual limits in addition to the roll over limits beautifully, especially when an employee moves from one classification either up or down in the tiers.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Diane R.
Diane R.

"A Simple Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it truly is a single cloud based application and the data is in real time. No need for imports or exports which eliminates data dropping off. There is a test environment available which is great for testing new policies, earings and deduction codes etc.

What do you dislike?

Over the past year, Dayforce has been converting from Silverlight to HTML. We have been using the system three years and have gotten very familiar with the screens in the Silverlight version. The HTML version is very different, so we have to relearn processes we were comfortable with. I have no doubt, in a couple of months the new version will be as familiar as the old, there is just an adjustment period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep an open mind. Talk to your implementation team. Let them know your business needs. Communication is the key to a successful implementation.

We have eliminated the need to duplicate data entry into three different systems. Ceridian has helped us streamline many of our business processes which saves us time and allowed us more time for auditing which results in more accurate payrolls.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Linda C.
Linda C.

"Cadillac of payroll systems"

What do you like best?

The integration of WFM and payroll makes doing payroll quick and easy. The time away feature eliminates paper requests for vacation and other time off. Our managers have instant visibility as to who is away on approved time. Through WFM our managers can see instantly who is scheduled to work and who is at work. Our employees can view their time sheets, vacation balances, and make address and contact information changes, which are things they were not able to see with our previous system.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about dayforce. It is in my opinion the Cadillac of payroll systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have time to devote to the implementation process. Dayforce is capapble of automating many payroll/HR/benefit functions and having the time at implementation to set up everything properly is crucial to success.

Proper flow of information and visibility of information for both managers and employees. The major benefit we have realized is time saving as vacation requests no longer sit on a managers desk and get lost, faster payroll processing as the payroll is linked to the timesheets. There are other benefits that we could achieve by using performance, compensation, and recruiting; however, we are not yet ready to start using those features yet.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Dr. Anita M.
Dr. Anita M.

"Work life made easier with world class technology support!"

What do you like best?

I am extremely pleased that Ceridian delivers on their promise of making "Work Life Easier." One employee record has simplified our HR data entry, not to mention cut down on multiple system entry errors. As an HR Director I can't put a value on my piece of mind that our HR data is accurate, that our payroll is accurate and our benefits reconcile every month. And when there is an issue requiring a support ticket, it is resolved timely. If it happens to involve a payroll commit and is holding up the payroll, I classify it as urgent and I receive a call in 5 minutes or less. That's world class support!!

What do you dislike?

I'm truly at a loss with this one. Can't think of anything right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly review how Dayforce can solve day to day HR/payroll issues and how configurable the system is. You won't be sorry you made the switch.

Having spreadsheets on top of spreadsheets to track HR, benefits and payroll issues. This was absorbing over 1/2 of one of my HR Assistants time, not to mention overtime. We no longer have to keep excel spreadsheets to track issues or manually maintain processes that the HR technology should be doing. And my HR overtime has been eliminated. This is on top of the fact that Dayforce is half the cost of my prior vendor. My ROI was realized immediately.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Carley W.
Carley W.

"Dayforce"

What do you like best?

I can see my shifts and when I work. I can also request time off. Using it is really easy. My work gave me a paper. All the steps form downloading to logging in. The process was very easy to complete. I do like this better than other jobs where I have to go in and see it. Sometimes that would be a struggle. Plus if the schedule was changed I may not know unless someone told me. That is why I like having this app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes logging in feels as if it takes forever. I was able to save my information. So that does save me a step when I am logging in. Yet sometimes it still feels likes it takes some time. I do not see when other people work. Which can kind of make it hard if I need to find someone to cover my shift. I do wish that there was an option to see coworkers shifts. That would make some things easier for me. I am sure it would make things easier for others as well.

People can see their schedule online. They don't have to be sent a copy or given a paper copy. A schedule is posted in store with everyone's shift. By having it in an app people can easily see it on there phone. People can see it wherever they are as long as they have some sort of internet/wifi access.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Tyson M.
Tyson M.

"Dayforce Success"

What do you like best?

Customer support is great. They are professional in dealing with clients and truly show an interest in trying to solve our problems and help us build the software to fit our needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more drill-down capabilities from MyHR (For example, being able to drill down into a timesheet from MyHR) and other similar functions. I also wish I could have multiple tabs open at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love their support.

We have been able to streamline our recruiting and onboarding through Dayforce as well as benefit administration. We also now have one platform to track all data related to employees whereas we had 3 different systems before.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Angie M.
Angie M.

"A decision that won't keep you up at night "

What do you like best?

Dayforce HCM is a highly intuitive system that is fully customizable for your unique business challenges. The ability to customize the existing system was very important to our business given the complexities we face. Ceridian was very accommodating and ensured that all of our challenges were solved. I launched this solution in our organization almost two years ago and since then, Ceridian has implemented a lot of very useful upgrades which are offered as a free upgrade. Its great to see their focus on technology and innovation and the fact that their customers get to enjoy these upgrades without an additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Due to the fact that the company is growing so quickly, sometimes it can feel as though there is limited resources available. I really enjoy the focus on innovation and new technology but that can sometimes feel as though that focus is more important then fully ensuring the process is established before moving onto something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact current Dayforce customers so that they can tell you about the features of this product. I would recommend investing in the training offered by Ceridian so that you can ensure you are fully versed and using the system to its full potential.

Efficiencies around time management and increased visibility to our business has been significant benefits for our organization. Our managers now have more autonomy and can make better informed decisions based on the increased reporting and visibility. Our admin support staff have significantly reduced the amount of time needed for processes such as payroll and accounting.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"User Friendly and Constantly Improving"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is very user friendly from both an administrator and employee standpoint.

What do you dislike?

Issues with Silverlight. Some modules work better in Chrome, even with Internet Explorer being the recommended browser. We sometimes need to switch browsers when moving from one module to another. I know Dayforce is working to move many applications to html but, it is an inconvenience in the meantime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to setup and test when implementing. It will save you heartache in the long run to allow for more time at setup.

On-boarding is a challenge for us currently. Due to our state contracts, we have a substantial number of forms and documents that have to be obtained prior to employees starting work with us. We are currently working to set up Dayforce's Electronic On-boarding to coordinate with the Recruiting module and Employee Self-Service functions to hopefully shorten the process for both applicants and our HR/Payroll Team.

Benefits include a single sign-on that grants access to all employee information. Dayforce is constantly expanding to cover all employee maintenance needs and making improvements to these modules.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"We switched from multiple solutions to this terrific single system."

What do you like best?

I like that everything is all inclusive. From hiring and onboarding, viewing earning statements, requesting time off and even enrolling in benefits. Our users can access everything in one place. And, the company is dedicated to making improvements all the time.

What do you dislike?

Because the product is so customizable, it's difficult to really know everything the system is capable of. It would be terrific to have at least one person who was 100% dedicated to your system to better support when you need guidance on an issue or wanted to make a system change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a dynamic and customizable solution. Anyone wanting to move from multiple platforms to this product would probably benefit from the change.

Better integration with Scheduling and Timesheets, better integration with performance management issues. Better usage of the users time since they only need log into one system to perform so many different functions throughout their day.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Administrator

"Powerful tool for HR and payroll"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is a powerful yet flexible system which has allowed us to automate payroll processes that were previously handled manually. Their ability to handle multi-state payroll has been a real lifesaver. The system allows the HR department to have the power to make corrections and configurations ourselves which has saved us a lot of frustration. All of our HR and payroll is available on one platform, making our day to day functions in HR/payroll run seamlessly. Ceridian is constantly coming out with product improvements and they really listen to customers when deciding which improvements/changes to prioritize. There is also a great community of Dayforce users available through the XOXO hub where you can find useful tips and exchange of ideas.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve when starting Dayforce, but there are very high-quality and informative training and learning resources available. It takes some time investment at the beginning, but if you really take advantage of the resources and jump in, the extra effort really pays off in the long run.

Dayforce automatically looks up and applies taxes based on addresses, saving the HR department a lot of time when setting up new office locations (which was huge for us). We are more involved in every level with this product which allows us to catch any potential payroll issues before they become a problem.

Ceridian Dayforce review by J M.
J M.

"This software made my life easier."

What do you like best?

This software made it easy to control and access employee records and payroll for multiple entities within our company. Also, transferring between locations is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little lacking, but each update makes it a little better.

Bringing all systems into one software was the biggest seller here. Having payroll separated from time and attendance, and benefits was a headache that was solved with this "one record" system. We have 3 entities near each other, and some employees were working all of them. To do this, we would have to hire them 3 different times. One time for each location. Now, it is one record for one employee, across all locations.

Ceridian Dayforce review by User

"Great for Hourly Employees"

What do you like best?

I like how interactive the interface is and the components are really unique. The app is helpful as well. I am able to check in easily and see updates on the Home section. The app could use an update to the design to make it feel more modern, but otherwise the navigation is good.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to navigate around the website and find what you are looking for quickly. The check in feature to assess levels of stress and emotions is a little redundant. However, if I cannot access my account due to a forgotten password, it is challenging to fix.

Dayforce is great for employee management and keeping track of logged hours. It is good for hourly and new employees. My company is able to control full time and non-full time employees easily. Without Dayforce, my company's onboarding process would be difficult.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features."

What do you like best?

Pros: One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Cons: The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces. Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems that required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with the Dayforce product however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all.

It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems I have used, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust) There are still some options that could be improved in reporting, but is also improving. The key with the switch to Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout the implementation process, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, someone from each module, and/or dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, anything you can to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need out of it functionality-wise, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees after you have gone live. Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss as far as their experience and confidence, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Innovative, Reliable and All-in-One"

What do you like best?

The fact that everything is in one database and you can customize it to meet your policies and legal compliance is extremely valuable to a customer.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was hard because of the lack of experience from the consultants. If they would have had senior consultants to help us, it would have made it much more effective for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Dayforce. I will be honest that the implementation is not easy and they do not have enough consultants as resources, but overall the product surpasses that experience and it has eased so many of the cumbersome activities we have had to do in our old system. I love how innovative they are and the fact that they use customer feedback to improve their system. They are ever evolving!

Using Recruiting, Benefits and Payroll/WFM through Dayforce has made the admin side of HR much more efficient and we have reduced hours spent on processing payroll, ACA reporting and recruiting significantly. The Self-Service aspect has also been something needed for quite some time and it is great to know we can utilize that now.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Susan B.
Susan B.

"Ceridian Dayforce Review"

What do you like best?

The leading edge platform, it covers payroll and HR, we have never experienced any downtime or processing issues, and Ceridian continues to creatively find ways to improve standard processes.

What do you dislike?

We are in the middle of having some Silverlight features and some HTML features; sometimes that causes issues with knowing where to find things - I realize sometimes slow transition is easier, but it would be nice to just be able to click "sign me up for all HTML" and move it all at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product. They listen to the customers and make product improvements on a regular basis to ensure they are delivering what you need in a software.

We are building for the future in that we want a Payroll/HRMS solution that is easily managed once set up and doesn't require a lot of staff to support it. Our employees love the self managed system of reporting time away and handling their benefits and other information. We are saving time, saving trees, and keeping our practices compliant.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Heaven on Earth (for an HRIS junkie anyway)"

What do you like best?

Configuration capabilities are unmatched. I can literally qualify every pay policy, holiday policy, pay or entitlement rules of any kind on ANY qualifier (data point) that you can think of. I can designate exceptions to the rule by employee, job title or any other qualifier that you think of. I can literally DO ANYTHING and I don't have to beg support to do it for me. AMAZING. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Support is outstanding - best in class in my opinion. Reporting was initially challenging but it always is as you learn how to derive from different tables. Education and built in job aids are stellar. The highlight though is the savings achieved. Not only are we finally compliant with a churn of 5000 employees per year, but we can report on them and in turn, utilize advanced scheduling to import KPIs and literally eliminate labor over/shortages on our retail sales floors. Now that folks, is un-precendented.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for professional services to evaluate customized projects for process improvements to areas of the system I can't access.

Labor waste.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Beth B.
Beth B.

"Unified solution for people, benefits, payroll and reporting"

What do you like best?

One solution with seamless interface between modules. Improves pay processing, makes managers participate in HR functions, accessible from any internet connection. Tasks can be easily shared or passed over to another manager as necessary.

What do you dislike?

Reporting has been cumbersome, but every release works to make it easier. Changing setups can be challenging, ie- new pay categories, new deductions. General Ledger export is faulty if there are any changes made to pay or deductions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with implementation team to be sure that all that you expect to get out of the program is in the Statement of Work for Implementation phase. Review all reports to be sure you have what you need for the whole year such as 401k Census Report.

Recruiting, onboarding, benefits and entitlements, timekeeping, payroll, ACA tracking and reporting, tax reporting, check printing and direct deposit, planning and scheduling.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"My Dayforce Review It's A-Okay"

What do you like best?

I used this when I worked at barnes and noble. It was pretty handy. I never had to worry about hunting down my managers to ask for a day off. At one of my old jobs we used to have to write the day we wanted off on a slip of paper then put it in a bucket in her office. If we needed to swap shifts with someone or get someone to cover for us we had to hunt down the employees ourselves. It was pretty inefficient. With dayforce, you could do all of that from your phone. It made everything loads easier.

What do you dislike?

One thing I didn't like about dayforce is that it made you change your password every three months or something like that. They said it was for "security" reasons but not even my mobile bank app makes us do that. It got really frustrating as I had to think of different passwords all the time that I was going to remember. The other thing I didn't like about this app was that four weeks before the date, the system would prevent you from asking for days off. I really hated that part because I have a large family and I never knew when they were going to need me. It's not fair that you have to plan a whole month ahead because sometimes you just can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow your employees more time to request days off. Don't give them a month minimum. I think two weeks before would be perfect. I also think they shouldn't make you change your password every three months. That gets really frustrating.

I had less interaction with the managers which meant I could get my work done for the day and they could get their work done for the day. I didn't have chase anyone down. Everyone could get back to what they were doing and not feel like they had to beg separate people to help them out. Most of the time anyway, with the exceptions of when Dayforce wouldn't let you schedule a day off.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Riza L.
Riza L.

"Convenient & User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easily accessible with the app and you can request off, pick up shifts, trade, etc.

What do you dislike?

It keeps making you sync your calendar. I'd rather just look at my schedule on the app. Also, if you call in, it doesn't take that into consideration. Last thing, it allows us to trade even if the time between is not acceptable. For example, our company requires a 10 hour break between shifts. It approves the trades or shifts and our times have to be readjusted.

I am able to check and double check my schedule to ensure I do not miss my shift. I am able to put up shifts with ease. I can assess how many hours I have for the week and pick up shifts if needed. In addition, I enjoy being able to plan out my week since our schedules are posted in advance.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Dayforce Review"

What do you like best?

I liked that you could have it as an app on your phone. You didn't have to go into your manager's office, submit paperwork, or run around trying to find someone to cover your shift. You could get notifications every time someone posted a shift that they were looking to get covered, or you could post a shift to get covered. You could swap with someone, request days off and use sick/vacation/personal time, etc. You barely had to interact with your manager at all. It was a really good system.

What do you dislike?

What I didn't like about it is three-four weeks out you couldn't do anything - you couldn't submit a request for someone to pick up a shift and you couldn't submit for a day off - which is really frustrating since you never know what is going to come up in your personal life. Anything could happen - you have a dentist appointment you had to schedule last minute, or whatever else, and the system would all but block you. That wasn't very user friendly in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really give other employees a chance to submit time off requests sooner in advance, and not four weeks in advanced. Each employee has individual lives and you never know what's going to happen. They need more time than four weeks.

The business benefits is you didn't have to chase down your managers or coworkers every single time you had a scheduling issue. Some of it could be resolved within the app itself. Other times you couldn't. Got the most party though if you were able to plan ahead the app was very convenient to have.

Ceridian Dayforce review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Everything in one spot! "

What do you like best?

The 'Earnings' section - it is very visually appealing and really helps all different types of people understand their pay statements. The pie charts are very useful, and the statements are simple and user friendly. It's nice to have all of the statements in one spot! Makes it easy to go over past months, etc.

The email function is also helpful, as you can address any issues right away that you may see.

I also really appreciate that it allows most things to go paperless! This reduced waste, is more environmentally friendly, and honestly just easier in terms of onboarding!

What do you dislike?

I disliked the confirmations of the forms collected, it seemed like there were too many confirmation emails and it made the hiring process a little messy. Further, many employees had to redo forms multiple times because the submit/save buttons are not clear for multi page/multi document sign up forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to really organize onboarding forms for new hires - the process got a little messy.

Going paperless with the Onboarding process is huge! For a company that is trying to maintain an image as being environmentally friendly, this really cuts down on a paper trail.

Further, having all of the documents and paystubs in one place helps keep employees organized - this therefore cuts down on confusion between management, increases organization and enables smoother practice!

Ceridian Dayforce review by Stacy L.
Stacy L.

"Great HCM & Payroll software that really cares about their customers"

What do you like best?

The system offers so much! Everything is all in 1 and they are constantly making enhancements to make the product better. Having time and attendance, scheduling, HR, Benefits, performance management, payroll, training, etc all in 1 place has helped save us time and labor costs. This program has decreased our cost per check greatly.

What do you dislike?

Because the system is so robust, it takes a while to learn and the implementation can be challenging. I wish their meal waivers on the touch clock were set up so they work properly, but the workaround is not too bad. Also, their reporting is not user friendly and the formatting is bad. Even with pivot tables, the reports do not look the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the education classes before you start talking to implementation so you get to know the system. That will make it easier when you are setting it up.

We have gone paperless, our employees are more engaged and connected to payroll and HR, we can monitor labor costs better and we have combined multiple programs into 1. We have realized that this 1 program can do so much and we are still learning everything it can do.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Stacy D.
Stacy D.

"All Encompassing - Easy Navigation"

What do you like best?

I love the new Benefits Administrator module. It's much easier to manage our "current" plans & options for employees. Also, I appreciate how Benefits Setup is configured in a way that is easy to navigate. This makes setup of plans, options, enrollments. eligibility's simple to configure. Our previous systems were a bit choppy which made it problematic to manage.

What do you dislike?

Sorry to say - it's the reporting function. It is not easy maneuvering (and hard to understand for a new user) through Topic Builder to create new reports, especially all encompassing benefits reports (that need to include HR and Payroll data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare well, and ask "apples to apples" and "apples to oranges" questions throughout the implementation process. The more informed you are about the process, configuration setup, schedules (timing of schedules), testing (be a diligent tester....over test) the better off your implementation will go.

We are using Dayforce for all HCM and Payroll processing. It has been a relief to move to an all in one system. Being able to manage records, plans, enrollments is much easier now with Dayforce.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Kathleen K.
Kathleen K.

"Dayforce HCM - One stop shopping!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we have 1 single record for employees. We used to have one system for HR, one for payroll and many different ones for Time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I am not an expert on this software yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire 3rd party consultants to help with the implementation. There is a lot of work and most people in HR and payroll departments have a "day job" they need to do on top of the implementation.

We solved the problem of trying to keep multiple systems in synch through integration file. We now have HR, payroll and GL reports with the same data.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Stacy G.
Stacy G.

"Dayforce - A topic pick for any company"

What do you like best?

Dayforce is a robust full cycle system. This makes everything for our payroll, time and attendance, benefits and HR in one spot for easy access. There is no logging into a number a different systems to gather information. The support portal has every document that you may need and is very easy to get around in.

What do you dislike?

The reporting was the component that gave us issues but this has been resolved with the latest release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want one system that can handle all your business needs Dayforce should be at the top of the list for sure.

Data integrity is a problem that has been address now that manager and employee's can see their HR records, time sheets, time off balances. The biggest benefit for us has been the manager and employee self service.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Caitlynn S.
Caitlynn S.

"Great experience with Ceridian. Dayforce has been such a great change for our company. "

What do you like best?

All of the features we have implemented have been great additions.

What do you dislike?

No complaints on the Admin side. Employees do have a slow connection at times while trying to clock in and out for the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an implementation team at your office. Implementation is one of the most important parts of the process and can make or break your company. Also it is important to have a chain of command set in place before implementation.

Ceridian has solved our previous issues such as not having a way to track performance, onboarding, benefits etc. all in one system.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Horrible implementation, horrible support"

What do you like best?

System itself seems to offer a lot of flexibility and functionality.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we weren't given all the options shown in the demo and now they expect additional fees in order to get what we told them we wanted originally. On the system for 3 months and we still don't know how to use it properly and can't use all the modules/functions because we haven't been shown how. Support is HORRIBLE and in many cases their responses don't even apply to the actual question you submitted (almost feels like you're dealing with a government bureaucrat that doesn't really know anything).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get in writing EXACTLY what you expect from them as far as support and training during implementation before you sign. Talk to other users about their experiences with regular ongoing support. Make sure when you tell them you want "all the options and modules" that they really did include everything in the price you're given. They speak a different language when they refer to all of their modules and functionality so make sure you're absolutely clear on what you're getting.

Unfortunately, I don't see that switching to Dayforce has really solved any problems and any benefits we THOUGHT we were going to realize have yet to come to fruition.

Ceridian Dayforce review by User

"It's Almost There"

What do you like best?

I am a sales associate at a clothing store, and I use the Dayforce app on my phone to see my work schedule and request time off. I like that I can easily request time off without having to call the store and hope that the manager remembers the request. Recently, I've noticed that I have the option to sync my Dayforce calendar with my actual calendar, so that saves me some time (before that I would manually write down my schedule and then re-type it into my calendar).

What do you dislike?

The app certainly has some room for improvement, and I think the developers are improving the app with each iteration. The app can be slow or buggy sometimes (esp when trying to read messages). Also, we still use ADP for payroll, so I think the process would be more streamlined if we only used 1 program, instead of 2 programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend playing around with the app to understand how the different features interact. For example, you should figure out the difference between the Availability and Time Away functions, and train employees on how/when to use them.

Also, determine if you really need this app if you are currently using ADP or another payroll app.

Dayforce saves me and the company a lot of time, since we don't have to manually manage schedules.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Beverley M.
Beverley M.

"Smooth transition into Dayforce"

What do you like best?

The fact everything is in one place and you only need to enter data once. You can also track performance, training and health & safety information and report on it.

What do you dislike?

When you leave a page it does not prompt to save, so you could ultimately lose a lot of info just entered. Also the security set up I think they should have a more detailed training course of how to set up the features and authorizations within the roles.

Not needing to upload data between systems and then needing audit. The biggest benefit is time, it has reduced my payroll processing by 50%. Our managers are now seeing the benefits of the recording of more data in WFM, although tedious at first, it has now become part of routine.

Ceridian Dayforce review by Deanna H.
Deanna H.

"Best All-in-One HRIS System Available Today"

What do you like best?

I love how Dayforce is committed to customer interaction/engagement. They are constantly seeking feedback and suggestions from their clients. Then they actually use that knowledge to continually develop and update/upgrade their product.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is rough. Implementation is grueling. You have to practically become a programmer to understand the intricacies of this diverse product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. It is truly an all-in-one system.

The only problems we've faced are working the bugs out and the time spent on implementation. The benefits far outweigh that though. The time we save processing payroll, time cards, benefits, new hires, terminations, etc. is far worth the pain we felt in the beginning stages.

Ceridian Dayforce review by User in Higher Education

"Easy and simple to use "

What do you like best?

What I like best about this application is that it is really simple to use. When you first log in, it shows everything on your dashboard, from your next scheduled shift to your next pay date.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application are the messages. It notifies you every single time there is a change to your timesheet but it doesn't direct you to the change. Hence, you have to find out for yourself what has been changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is great when there are a great number of employees to manage.

Some benefits I have realized while using Dayforce are that the application shows you who you are scheduled to work with on your scheduled shifts and the calendar which shows you an overall of everything you are scheduled for each month.

Learn more about Ceridian Dayforce

Ceridian Dayforce Videos

Learning about Ceridian Dayforce?

* We monitor all Ceridian Dayforce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(318 reviews)