Cerner

Showing 102 Cerner reviews
Cerner review by <span>Lesley J.</span>
Lesley J.

Cerner Review

What do you like best?

It is very well integration amongst its suite of solutions. It supports best practice we have the tools incorporated that are benchmark tools and can be used for reporting. There is the ability to extract data from the system for reporting

What do you dislike?

Very customizable and can often lead users into a Rabbit Hole when doing design work. you need to have detailed workflow and process plans prior to beginning design work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The solution works for big and small implementations. The Cerner M-Pages have really improved physician documentation and quick order entry. The new dashboards are very informative and cater to specific practices and work areas. The ability to move freely from one solution to the next is wonderful and enable users to leverage all the benefits of one patient one record had to show

Healthcare: Order Entry, Allergies tracking safe medication administration streamlined documentation for all levels of care

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cerner
Cerner review by <span>Michael A C.</span>
Michael A C.

EMR

What do you like best?

I was part of the team that developed the notes we are using on our Cerner EMR in the hospital. The Cerner reps were very helpful in the build process and integrating our needs and adapting some of our paper documents into the actual EMR.

What do you dislike?

Some of the work arounds are not easily identifiable, some seemingly simple things are sometimes mad too complicated. When some problems have been identified and submitted for solutions to Cerner we are told there is no way to fix a given problem but other Cerner users have shared fixes in other forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In considering adoption of Cerner one should make sure you will be getting input into the design of your daily EMR forms and the support to change your documents later on.

None

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Cerner review by <span>Robin T.</span>
Robin T.

More work

What do you like best?

I like that it is an organized platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that compared to other electronic health charting databases, there's more work attributed for staff who already have a great workload. Five clicks to complete a task in Cerner is the equivalent to complete a task in something, such as Epic. I also dislike that it's very slow to start up, as well as during use. The entire program just seems like it needs to be from another decade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Epic. Yes, Cerner may be more cost effective, but your employees will appreciate Epic more because time is saved.

With Cerner, medical issues are being solved, as it helps to see the position a patient is in. Data is collected and we are able to tell an improvement in status or a decline. Also, legal issues are being taken care of, as everything charted into this becomes a legal document/ record of a patient's stay. This also gives a detailed record of their stay.

Cerner review by <span>Roseanna H.</span>
Roseanna H.

Cerner is as Cerner does

What do you like best?

Cerner's solutions work well when they are well-designed and stable. Their solutions tend to have a lot of flexibility for how to get the job done and many features that are not obvious at first glance but may be accessed by more experienced users. Their solutions are built to facilitate efficiency and accuracy in many cases as well.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features included on their newly designed mPages do not provide additional functionality and end up confusing the clinicians using it. In addition, the workflows for clinical staff (MAs, RNs) tend to be much more cumbersome than those used by physicians, which is disappointing and frustrating. It is a constant challenge to figure out what some of the alert notifications mean along with other imbedded instructions or labels across the applications. Some of the labels make sense and are familiar to clinicians from their medical practice but others are a mystery to end users without going back to cerner for clarification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product requires a lot of front-loaded time and effort to help users understand how to get through their work, but this is often rewarded in the long run by increased flexibility (over other EMR products).

Our corporation is using Cerner products to help standardize care, to meet the requirements of Meaningful Use laws governing the use of electronic medical records, and to share patient medical records across the enterprise for better communication between care teams.

Cerner review by <span>Cristiana C.</span>
Cristiana C.

A new but rewarding experience.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cerner is the very detail oriented software. I use many programs within Cerner on a daily basis and they are so easy to use. We used meditech at my employer prior to using Cerner and it was much more cluttered. Cerner is easy to use, and I love the AppBar which puts every program I use under one toolbar. I find it to be very organized. I also feel confident that Cerner is a program that can withstand the privacy restrictions associated with working in the medical field. It just feels so secure.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike about Cerner. The very only thing that bothers me is that you must sign in each and every time you need to use a different program within cerner. For example, if I need to use PowerChart, I sign in. If I need to switch to RCI revenue cycle for a different task, I have to sign in again. It can sometimes be daunting when I need to move quickly and switch programs. That is such a minute issue because once I have signed in to each program, I simply stay logged in and switch amongst them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest it. My favorite thing is that each Cerner program can be viewed under one folder in your computer. I helped to set our staff up with the proper access for their roles in the hospital. I had never used Cerner before, yet had the easiest time learning and helping with the GoLive process. I am very pleased.

I believe that we are solving problems of being unorganized. Cerner allows a lot more detail to be displayed per patient and that is a great thing. I like how in PowerChart, you can build patient lists and it tabs each department in the hospital. It is so easy to use and this increases our productivity because we can work more quickly and efficiently.

Cerner review by <span>Geraldine O.</span>
Geraldine O.

Cerner is GREAT!

What do you like best?

I like that Cerner is fairly easy to navigate around once you get use to it. When charting patients vital signs it is easy to tab over to the next section without having to leave the keyboard, which makes it convenient due to the tremendous amount of information needed to be inputed per patient.

What do you dislike?

While it takes some time to get use to using Cerner, there are many different pages and tabs to navigate around. Also, sometimes the same information can be found in multiple areas which can get confusing because sometimes they do not match (due to being in different sections).

I have not encountered any business problems while using Cerner. I have noticed many benefits since we have changed users. Easier access to patient charts and being able to find information needed as well as organization.

Learning about Cerner?

* We monitor all Cerner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Cerner to Similar Solutions