Cerner

Work for Cerner?

Learning about Cerner?

Cerner Reviews

Showing 126 Cerner reviews
Cerner review by Lesley J.
Lesley J.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

It is very well integration amongst its suite of solutions. It supports best practice we have the tools incorporated that are benchmark tools and can be used for reporting. There is the ability to extract data from the system for reporting

What do you dislike?

Very customizable and can often lead users into a Rabbit Hole when doing design work. you need to have detailed workflow and process plans prior to beginning design work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The solution works for big and small implementations. The Cerner M-Pages have really improved physician documentation and quick order entry. The new dashboards are very informative and cater to specific practices and work areas. The ability to move freely from one solution to the next is wonderful and enable users to leverage all the benefits of one patient one record had to show

Healthcare: Order Entry, Allergies tracking safe medication administration streamlined documentation for all levels of care

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cerner
Cerner review by Michael A C.
Michael A C.

"EMR"

What do you like best?

I was part of the team that developed the notes we are using on our Cerner EMR in the hospital. The Cerner reps were very helpful in the build process and integrating our needs and adapting some of our paper documents into the actual EMR.

What do you dislike?

Some of the work arounds are not easily identifiable, some seemingly simple things are sometimes mad too complicated. When some problems have been identified and submitted for solutions to Cerner we are told there is no way to fix a given problem but other Cerner users have shared fixes in other forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In considering adoption of Cerner one should make sure you will be getting input into the design of your daily EMR forms and the support to change your documents later on.

None

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Cerner review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"It's just ok"

What do you like best?

The easiest thing to do on Cerner is put orders in, but that's about it. I wish I could say I like more about it but everything is equal to or worse than Epic charting so it is hard to come up with something I really like about it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that nothing seems to populate as you chart. Everything is in a drop down menu or you have to select it and move to another box. It's also very boring to look at compared to Epic, everything is bland black and white, whereas in Epic you can personalize it. I also find it hard to locate different areas to chart certain things. It isn't very user friendly. In Epic you can just push buttons to select and partially type someones name in, whereas in Cerner you have to pick everything from a drop down menu and you have to know everyones full name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Epic is worth the money, unless you have someone who can setup Cerner to be functional within your company.

It allows me to chart, but I don't think it is really solving any problems. Cerner provides a service to healthcare workers, but it doesn't really go above and beyond to help make my work easier. I think a lot of people would agree that it serves a purpose, but it isn't really providing anything new that we can't get from a different charting system.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fairly user friendly when compared to other EHRs"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the Cerner Powerchart EHR is both the PowerPlans and the CORES feature which is a helpful handoff tool for concise patient summaries and plans. I think it is overall a very user friendly EHR compared to other EHRs I've used on the inpatient medicine setting. The Powerplans are a great time saver. The ability to create quick text as templates also saves important time. I like the ability to view the results review in multiple different views as well as in a graph form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Discharge tab within the physician view. I also dislike the Outside medical systems tab that is often slow and has incomplete data. It's also not always clear how to best customize the view that you want of your left sidebar menu options.

Another thing I like about Cerner Powerchart is its ability to communicate with our outpatient patient medical records and that labs ordered as an outpatient automatically flow into the results within the inpatient EHR. We have solved the issue of retriving records from all other medical systems, although some medical systems do not communicate with the Cerner Powerchart EHR. It has also streamlined our signout process by having a standardized template for the physician handoff report through the CORES functionality.

Cerner review by Sasan B.
Sasan B.

"EMR/EHR software from Cerner Corp."

What do you like best?

Clinical Data such as vitals etc are presented in easily identifiable sections. Its fairly flexible and and once accustomed to it is relatively efficient when used. The learning period involved can be lengthy to achieve full proficiency. At least all health records are in one easily accessed place.

What do you dislike?

Fairly cumbersome. Multiple clicks to find a certain end outcome, also when some function is unfamiliar to the user its not very intuitive or easy to figure out. EMR software suffers from feeling as if software engineers have been the sole designers and little input from clinical caregivers has been taken into account. Cerner is afflicted by this as well. Feels antiquated needs to be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve intuitiveness. Still too cumbersome. Updates required in all avenues to make it a first tier choice. Its currently used not out choice but of no other option at a certain institution. This can change if the next iteration is significantly improved. Other EMR/EHR software should be considered including Epic systems. Ultimately Cerner can be a solution that works but a full analysis of other options would be highly advised before making a selection.

Patientcare and documentation all in one package sorting out health care decision management and legal requirements. There are several EHR/EMR packages available, this is a major player. Another is Epic and it has surpassed cerner in several ways and has become the go to choice at many institutions, however Epic has also had its long list of major issues.

Cerner review by Robin T.
Robin T.

"More work"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an organized platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that compared to other electronic health charting databases, there's more work attributed for staff who already have a great workload. Five clicks to complete a task in Cerner is the equivalent to complete a task in something, such as Epic. I also dislike that it's very slow to start up, as well as during use. The entire program just seems like it needs to be from another decade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Epic. Yes, Cerner may be more cost effective, but your employees will appreciate Epic more because time is saved.

With Cerner, medical issues are being solved, as it helps to see the position a patient is in. Data is collected and we are able to tell an improvement in status or a decline. Also, legal issues are being taken care of, as everything charted into this becomes a legal document/ record of a patient's stay. This also gives a detailed record of their stay.

Cerner review by Graham M.
Graham M.

"Overall a great EHR System"

What do you like best?

Decision support and reporting surpasses other EHRs. It's also very customizable, unlike other EHRs.

What do you dislike?

Too many icons on the toolbar; often have to search for icons. There are also too many ways to do the same thing in the system. Also, the requirement to refresh after doing everything is an extra click and takes unnecessary time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not skimp on education and go-live support when implementing this EHR.

IPOCs are easily customizable and allow for regulatory bodies to easily see the plan of care for multiple disciplines in one location in the EHR. eQC allows for abstraction of quality measures directly in the EMR vs. in a third-party abstraction system.

Cerner review by Roseanna H.
Roseanna H.

"Cerner is as Cerner does"

What do you like best?

Cerner's solutions work well when they are well-designed and stable. Their solutions tend to have a lot of flexibility for how to get the job done and many features that are not obvious at first glance but may be accessed by more experienced users. Their solutions are built to facilitate efficiency and accuracy in many cases as well.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features included on their newly designed mPages do not provide additional functionality and end up confusing the clinicians using it. In addition, the workflows for clinical staff (MAs, RNs) tend to be much more cumbersome than those used by physicians, which is disappointing and frustrating. It is a constant challenge to figure out what some of the alert notifications mean along with other imbedded instructions or labels across the applications. Some of the labels make sense and are familiar to clinicians from their medical practice but others are a mystery to end users without going back to cerner for clarification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product requires a lot of front-loaded time and effort to help users understand how to get through their work, but this is often rewarded in the long run by increased flexibility (over other EMR products).

Our corporation is using Cerner products to help standardize care, to meet the requirements of Meaningful Use laws governing the use of electronic medical records, and to share patient medical records across the enterprise for better communication between care teams.

Cerner review by Cristiana C.
Cristiana C.

"A new but rewarding experience."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cerner is the very detail oriented software. I use many programs within Cerner on a daily basis and they are so easy to use. We used meditech at my employer prior to using Cerner and it was much more cluttered. Cerner is easy to use, and I love the AppBar which puts every program I use under one toolbar. I find it to be very organized. I also feel confident that Cerner is a program that can withstand the privacy restrictions associated with working in the medical field. It just feels so secure.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike about Cerner. The very only thing that bothers me is that you must sign in each and every time you need to use a different program within cerner. For example, if I need to use PowerChart, I sign in. If I need to switch to RCI revenue cycle for a different task, I have to sign in again. It can sometimes be daunting when I need to move quickly and switch programs. That is such a minute issue because once I have signed in to each program, I simply stay logged in and switch amongst them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest it. My favorite thing is that each Cerner program can be viewed under one folder in your computer. I helped to set our staff up with the proper access for their roles in the hospital. I had never used Cerner before, yet had the easiest time learning and helping with the GoLive process. I am very pleased.

I believe that we are solving problems of being unorganized. Cerner allows a lot more detail to be displayed per patient and that is a great thing. I like how in PowerChart, you can build patient lists and it tabs each department in the hospital. It is so easy to use and this increases our productivity because we can work more quickly and efficiently.

Cerner review by Geraldine O.
Geraldine O.

"Cerner is GREAT! "

What do you like best?

I like that Cerner is fairly easy to navigate around once you get use to it. When charting patients vital signs it is easy to tab over to the next section without having to leave the keyboard, which makes it convenient due to the tremendous amount of information needed to be inputed per patient.

What do you dislike?

While it takes some time to get use to using Cerner, there are many different pages and tabs to navigate around. Also, sometimes the same information can be found in multiple areas which can get confusing because sometimes they do not match (due to being in different sections).

I have not encountered any business problems while using Cerner. I have noticed many benefits since we have changed users. Easier access to patient charts and being able to find information needed as well as organization.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using this EMR is painful and adds hours onto my work week"

What do you like best?

The customer support workers are helpful and knowledgable

What do you dislike?

Most elements of the platform. It is cumbersome and slows me down. It is difficult to find clinical data in a timely manner. The default fonts are tiny and the entire user interface is so crowded that it the useful work space is smooshed into the small area in the center of the screen. There are too many clicks needed to enter simple information. Too much navigation needed to compose a simplenote

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd pick Epic or another EMR

I am using it as required to complete my clinical documentation. I have realized that the potential for better products is immense. Unfortunately products such as this fall short of expectations and require better design and incorporation of feedback from end users.

"Cerner Millennium "

What do you like best?

Great program used in most hospitals in my city. Very user friendly and prices a seamless medication administration process. Great for allowing data synchronization from all hospital sites to streamline information on the electronic health record and provide all health care providers access to all diagnostic procedures and medical encounters for a patient.

What do you dislike?

Specific to our facility, nursing and allied staff still have document on paper as opposed to physicians who have access to online documentation. Hopefully this will roll out in the next couple years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Not sure how this would apply to our field as we aren't in the business area. But in terms of medication administration, the use of HUGO (closed circuit med process where we scan the patrons arm band, then scan the medication which has to match the patient profile, specific medication and medication administration time) this mitigates medication errors significantly.

Cerner review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Solutions for patient information, real time and instantly. HIPAA secure!"

What do you like best?

Patient portal and education: Integrates with the EHR and their longitudinal record. The patient portal allows members to communicate with providers through secure messaging to book or change appointments, view clinical information, request refills, update information and send files.

Patient Education: Accredited, evidence-based data supplemented by best practice guidelines and standards of care from leading medical associations is provided within the EHR for physicians.

What do you dislike?

Dragon Voice Recognition in the EHR does a poor job with speech recognition.

Company wide view of clinical information to coordinate patient care and document the point at which it was delivered in both acute inpatient and outpatient settings. It helps providers have access to the right information within the clinical workflows to make the best possible decisions.

Cerner review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner Ambulatory and PowerChart"

What do you like best?

I mange the PowerChart Touch users and devices, this system is not 100%, but it seems to get the job done for our physicians. I love that they have the ability to dictate through an iPad and that I have the ability to manage the devices that this is all happening from.

What do you dislike?

In PowerChart data does flow to the PowerChart Touch application and vice versa. This is a pain for our providers and our support staff when troubleshooting what the issues are. Trying to explain that only certain things can be transferred over sometimes is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than Siemens ESOAR. Providers like it.

The ability for providers to dictate on an iPad or iPhone makes mobility and efficiency easy.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the applications bar to get information entered into our data system quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the applications from the app bar where updated awhile back and it is hard to find which application to use if you don't know the exact picture or name. Also cerner's helpdesk call line hasn't been the quickest or most knowledgeable about cerner issues when I have called in the past. Furthermore, I dislike how certain tests in cerner are not the same names or even an orderable test in the nursing staffs ordering system.

Some problems we are solving are needing to manually fax patients results to physcians. This is resolved by entering in the fax number when ordering a test, and it is in the system to fax at a later time, or it can be fax via ad hoc fax to a specific number, saving on paper, and time.

Cerner review by Sagar V.
Sagar V.

"Cerner EHR for Resident Physicians"

What do you like best?

Cerner Powerchart is well organized and neatly displayed. The ability to see a screenshot of Vitals, Progress Notes, and Labs/Imaging are the highlight of Powerchart.

What do you dislike?

Some features are difficult to find such as patients bowel movements, I/Os and vitals in last 24 hrs vs since midnight, and the inability to fully customize progress notes (e.g. Last 3 or 5 sodium levels - really can only do this for glucose levels). Old labs are difficult to find and cant be manually searched (e.g. If i want to find "creatinine" I cant type it out to find it, I have to look for the Cr column to see all the Cr levels). Many times I am clicking about 5-7 times to get to where I want..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please check out Epic EHR before fully committing to Cerner PowerChart.

I am attempting to efficiently and effectively treat patients with the help of a EHR to document patients problems and plan of management.

Cerner review by User

"Great product for our hospital"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Cerner Scheduling and Registration for the past 15 years and Capacity Management for the past 4-5 years. The applications have come a long way and they have improved immensely. I enjoy teaching our staff how to use it and finding the best way for each clinic to customize the application to meet their needs.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to get enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are no perfect systems. As far as this one goes, it is a great product and headed in the right direction for growth and change.

There are so many more products that we currently do not have but could benefit in using. I have realized that the different products work well together and that they can be used in many different ways in order to adapt to the needs of the clinical areas.

Cerner review by Angelina M A.
Angelina M A.

"Cerner Practice Management helps tremendously!"

What do you like best?

Cerner Practice Management has many services that meet my needs perfectly. The service focuses on registration, scheduling, patient tracking and reporting. The service is quick and easy to understand. All you need is in one place. You do not have to switch between services. Cerner Practice Management is all you need.

What do you dislike?

I have difficulty finding one thing I dislike about the service. One thing I would change is have additional tutorials included with the service to help better navigate the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend an increase in tutorials for when a company first begins to use the program to help gain a better understanding of the program. In addition, I would increase marketing techniques, given I did not hear about this service for at least two years.

Cerner Practice Management solves several problems such as getting the company well organizes with better communication between employees and our patients.

Cerner review by karen g.
karen g.

"Not my first choice but a good choice"

What do you like best?

Easy to find what you need. Can review the past charting with easy. Able to scan medications easily.

What do you dislike?

If I chart at the wrong time, I have to go into every cell and delete. Cannot delete entire row at one time. Cannot change time once submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good canidate when considering EMR. Easy to use, easy to input orders, and most of all easy to find what you are looking for!

This system was being used at a community hospital for EMR. It was hard to use at first but after a few log ins was friendly. I can compare my findings to the previous shifts easily.

Cerner review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Cerner: PeopleSoft"

What do you like best?

Cerner allows us to have our item master at our fingertips and provides higher visibility for our customers.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft is web based, so if our network is down, so is our procurement system. It can be confusing at times to know where to go to find orders and items.

Cerner’s system provides us with higher visibility to our customers and helps run the hospital in better ways by eliminating the need for paper.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"The Cerner Practice Management Software Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cerner Practice Management Software is that there are a lot and plentiful of modules and components that come along with the application. There seems to be a lot of different things that a user can do with the application, so the choices are there for you to grasp.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Cerner Practice Management Software is that there are a lot and plentiful of modules and components that come along with the application. There seems to be a lot of different things that a user can do with the application, so the choices can be overwhelming for you and your organization and enterprise. There are most likely more things that you will actually need, so it just becomes fluff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What I would recommend to others considering Cerner Practice Management software is to do your homework before you pull the trigger and sign a long contract with this company. You may end up regretting your decision, unless of course a member or members of your senior management team is receiving some type of kickback from the company.

The business problems that we are solving with Cerner Practice Management software are unique to our business organization and enterprise and probably will most likely not apply to other businesses and organizations or enterprises, unless they are also in the healthcare industry like ourselves. The benefits that we have realized with Cerner Practice Management software is that there are a lot of functions in its modules and components. Refer back to "What do you like best?" section.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Unstable and cumbersome program."

What do you like best?

Not much. There was some integration, but it required so much clicking around. I was fortunate to find workarounds from a previous position in another department. I only used this briefly. Being trained was complicated because I was shown too many ways to do the same thing. I never saw a positive aspect in the short amount of time that I used it.

What do you dislike?

Too many ways to do the same process leads to training difficulties. One mistake makes troubleshooting challenging. Unstable in that multiple reboots were required. When other Clinics were transitioned, I saw chaos. My personal medical safety was at risk during GoLive. Though a Cerner rep was there, they admitted to one hour of training. I have participated in a very successful GoLive from another vendor. Though it was not perfect, the staff felt supported and exceptional vendor technical assistance was available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposed “integration” with hospital. At the time I used this product, I saw little to no benefits. Some of the issue was training without a written manual; but the majority was the need for dual monitors and multiple applications open to perform simple tasks. I have used many Cerner applications and the lack of stability has also been an issue.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner use as a Registered Nurse"

What do you like best?

Very straight forward interface, multiple ways to customize what you see and very intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

There is much duplication when it comes to charting. Duplicating charting is a must at times and it can be tedious with Cerner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a valuable system that lets you input patient information that is critical to the continuity of care. It is much more streamlined than paper charting and helps remind health care providers what to chart on and makes it easy to find patient history. It feels good to be using software created right here in Kansas City and I recommend it to anyone in the health care industry. I use it daily at my job as a registered nurse in the ICU and it is priceless.

It keeps patient data confidential and safe, it makes charting a breeze

"mediocre EMR"

What do you like best?

i like that the ambulatory view is easy to read when you are just looking at one doctor.

What do you dislike?

A lot... I have used centricity in the past and found that to be a superior product. Cerner is too jumbled and has too many bugs to function the way it should. causes a lot of errors we cannot really afford. Also difficult to search through documents in a patient's chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately the office i work at utilizes the cheapest version of Cerner available. I am told from others who have the full version that it is easier to use and has less bugs. We will have the full version in the next 6 months or so, so my opinion may change

Charts are more organized now that they are electronic. This is not specific to Cerner's product.

"Cerner Management"

What do you like best?

I like how super easy the program is to use and navigate. I use this system for scheduling, updating patient demographics and viewing patients charts and records.

What do you dislike?

I dislike updates and the downtime during this. It seems that there is a lot of updates with this system which affects our productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and Cerner is able to customize the program to your business. They do have a lot of updates which is unfortunate during the day because it affects productivity for your business. But they do try to do a lot of updates in the evenings as well.

We use it to register our customers and update their demographic information. We also use the system to schedule appointments for our patients and view their charts and medical records which helps me obtain prior authorizations.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner Software for Nursing"

What do you like best?

I liked that Cerner was able to be customized in so many ways by IT professionals and they were able to provide video tutorials when a new feature or customization was going to be rolled out for staff to utilize while working at the facility.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that Cerner was not very user friendly and often times it took asking another employee or group of employees to figure out where to find something in order to properly document on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that nursing staff and other medical professional utilize Cerner, not just IT professionals. At the end of the day, the medical professional staff has to use this day in and out, it needs to be user friendly and make sense to those using it.

Cerner was utilized to help solve physician and medical professional documenting and to keep all medical professional notes in one area.

I realized that a timeline of patient care from the moment they arrived at the hospital to the point of discharge was within in each patient chart.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"The ups and downs of cerner "

What do you like best?

I love how much infor you are able to put in as well as how organized it is. I was able to look at my patients demographics, med list, and much more in a timely manner while in the room with them. It was also easy to get their complaint or reason for visit easily.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how disconnected the lab results were from the normal program to were you have to keep checking back to see if the Doctor or PA had signed off on said labs. The front office and scheduling system seemee disconnected as well. I continuously have to refresh my screen waiting to see if my patient had signed in. On occasion the front desk would show a patient checked in but it would not show on our end. That portion of the system could be integrated better to work mor efficiently. Our office all agreed this was not a program that was easy to train anyone on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We were able to scan in paperwork easier, view labs easier, follow dates of med refills and pharmacy much easier.

Cerner review by Jordynn A.
Jordynn A.

"Redundant"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of learning how to use the software

What do you dislike?

The redundancy of the charting, you have to chart the same thing over and over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to learn the ins and outs of what exactly needs to be charted so you aren’t wasting time.

It is a more reliable way to chart unlike paper charting. There are options and you are able to use the various options they provide while also being able to write a comment to explain your thoughts. This helps when you can’t wait to decide what to describe or how to describe it.

Cerner review by Kady K.
Kady K.

"cerner- too many ways to do the same task"

What do you like best?

I like that you can really customize the program.

What do you dislike?

There are many things that i dislike, but the biggest concern I have is the fact that there seems to be multiple ways to carry out the same task. This leads to people being on different pages and sometimes things getting lost in the shuffle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

to wait for them to really work out the kinks

We are working on customer relationships and communication so that it becomes more efficient for the patient and easier for them to get ahold of us if they need something

User in Medical Practice

"Easy to use, but the system crashes often "

What do you like best?

I worked in an emergency department transcribing electronic medical records. The Cerner software we used in the ED made my job much easier by offering pre completed templates as well as allowing me to save "macros". I also found it useful that the templates were mostly pre completed with insert points, and there was the option to edit the templates as well. I also appreciate that diagnostic imaging and labs will auto-populate into the chart just with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

The system crashes frequently and there is no back up offered during this "down time". It would be nice to have a back up system when the software crashes. Being in an ER setting, when patient's names and records are not crossing over, this is a huge problem and really interferes with work flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Not really sure as I am the client who uses the software and do not have any relations with business affairs.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

Cerner allows you quickly switch between multiple patients when charting.

What do you dislike?

Although you can quickly switch between patients, it is visually difficult to keep track of them. The colored bars for each patient at the top change but otherwise the screen looks the same, making it easy to chart for the wrong patient when in a hurry. Additionally, to open imaging, a new window needs to be opened and this frequently takes quite a long time to load, slowing down workflow. The system lags frequently and seems to have a new glitch every day. I have had the system quit on me multiple times causing me to lose any unsaved documentation.

The multiple inputs between nurses scribes and providers allows for a better defined workflow.

"Cerner as EMR program"

What do you like best?

I've never documented with any electronic medical record system other than Cerner, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I know many nurses/healthcare professionals complain about the (dis)organization of the setup of the program/categories/etc., but compared to paper charting I have to appreciate even just the existence of EMR programs in general. It is much safer, more reliable, easier to organize, and easier to collaborate with multiple types of care providers for the same patient (physicians, respiratory therapists, techs, PT/OT, etc.) when all of the documentation for the same patient is able to be viewed in one place by all care providers from any location in the hospital (since it's online, not in paper form).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the organization/categorization of the different assessments, systems, etc. seem like they could be organized in a more sensible fashion (although what that would be I'm not exactly sure). Also sometime you're required to put an answer/entry when you should have the option of leaving it blank, or sometimes default settings don't see to be the best option for a "default."

Again, the safety and accessibility of Cerner/an EMR far exceeds that of paper charting. While there are/will always be complaints about Cerner/EMR programs, and there will always be room for improvement, I am happy with the software/programs that are available right now.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner - not the best EMR but far from the worst "

What do you like best?

Surginet module for PACU nursing.

Easily retrievable data from previous encounters.

Periop tracking board features.

What do you dislike?

Not keyboard friendly when documenting in iView flowsheets. Requires too many clicks and saves when moving through flowsheets and slows down proficient providers who are keyboard savvy.

Chart finalization process should be a pop out window that is clear and concise.

Overall interface is very flat and key items aren't readily visible.

Currently utilized as the EMR at place of employment. Enterprise wide usage of the same EMR promotes ease of access of records.

Cerner review by April D.
April D.

"Still New Use Cerner"

What do you like best?

That the application has multiple ways to search and pull records that are being requested. This coming from just one section of our Cerner application.

What do you dislike?

I've only been using this program for a short time. Less than the months so I'm still learning.

Austin patients with their medical information.

"It's Alright "

What do you like best?

I have used Cerner in the practice of clinical dietetics in the past when I was in my internship. I was an authorized user as I was seeing patients and providing them with nutrition care plan. I liked the template of our nutrition care process documentation- it was easy to use, straight forward, mostly clicking through things. I liked how the patient's history/data is pulled into the documentation so it does not require a lot of manual input/ typing.

What do you dislike?

While it's straight forward and you save time doing a lot of clicking through things and choices, it could be a little rigid and not as freestyle.

Through clinical documentation and diagnoses including malnutrition, the hospital gains revenues.

Cerner review by Meghen V.
Meghen V.

"Cerner software is great."

What do you like best?

This Cerner software is user friendly and easy to learn. I was familiar with Cerner's EMR so this was very easy for me to learn. This software is used all day long for my job and usability is very simple.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. Cerner is just very straightforward and simple to use. Tons of information is stored in each record and I can look at multiple records for the same patient.

I use the software as a coding consultant for a large multi-facility hospital system.

"Powerchart"

What do you like best?

Allows for customization and building templates. Allows use for both inpatient and outpatients. Overall has good support.

What do you dislike?

Can't share templates with other users unless implemented system wide. Can have difficulty documenting under the wrong encounter and FIN.

The software and support is expensive.

Use of electronic records can also slow down your productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other products as well to decide which is the best fit.

Using an Electronic health record. Allowing record sharing between different institutions and decreasing need for repeat testing.

Cerner review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"A Cozy Data Fit For Long Time Computer Users"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access and clarity of individualized data folders regarding client demographics and clinical notes. Also did good job of connecting both patient and family member portals.

What do you dislike?

Is at times slow and has had tendency to crash out with two or more portals opened simultaneously.

When working for Hospice Care, this was a vital tool that not only connected clients to as much grief support as possible, it also enabled counselors optimal communication with caregivers and colleagues.

Cerner review by Alexandra D.
Alexandra D.

"I have used cerner in my clinical experiences at UPMC. "

What do you like best?

At first, the system was a bit overwhelming, but once my instructor explained it to me and I started using it twice a week I thought it was easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Like I said before, the first time I looked at it I thought the look was overwhelming by there being so many tabs, etc.

It provides me as a student nurse to be able to organize my charting throughout my shift and be able to see clinician notes to better take care of my patients.

Cerner review by Jose S.
Jose S.

"My Cerner EMR experience"

What do you like best?

It's comprehensive EMR system, flexible system that can be customized to fit your unit or facility needs.

What do you dislike?

The ease of use for Cerner is a bit more difficult when compared to other systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a sufficient amount of initial training on using the system.

I used Cerner ER charting the ER, ICU and in the Telemetry units. Overall a comprehensive system that covers all aspects of patient care documentation.

"Cerner"

What do you like best?

The program is extremely thorough for hospital based charting. Assessment charting can flows with the employees charting. For example, if need be you can add additional sections easily with a simple right click.

What do you dislike?

Because the program is so vast, that often times makes it difficult for some users. Difficulties I found were choosing a particular hospital, or floor to find the patient list. That interface needs to be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an extremely multi-featured system therefore extensive training is needed to use the system

Using this system as an employee, it is important to be able to quickly chart and update patient status without lag, or taking too much time to arrive at a window to be able to place orders. The system is pretty thorough and allows one to do so.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to learn, and if utilized fully, very helpful in EMR settings"

What do you like best?

I liked how almost everything was customizable about the program!

What do you dislike?

I did not like how outdated the program is, and would like to have a notepad for documentation purposes within the program itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with the features it holds, and there can be shortcuts to everything! The templates can be customized to any liking and really speeds up the process of putting in medical information quickly.

It does a good job of creating detailed charts for documentation purposes, and how to put in information quickly with all the macros it can incorporate and save within the system.

Cerner review by User

"Great tool but a little too much customization available."

What do you like best?

The design is very nice and crisp and all the available features allow great communication through the staff.

What do you dislike?

There’s too much customization available. You can set up pretty much the screen however you want which on one side isn’t a pro but when giving tutorials and trying to figure out the system can be an ache as everyone’s screen looks different and leads way to confusion. I seek a more uniform look that allows easy guidance to learn and to teach.

Communication within staff has increase as we get rid of little post it notes and communication is recorded for reference.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Must have not been designed by MDs"

What do you like best?

There's not much to like about cerner except that perhaps it works.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, cumbersome, and clearly wasn't designed by MDs. The worst is how impossible it is to search for cases using key words for retrospective research purposes. In our version, i cant even use ctrl z to undo a change in the text, which can be horrific when an entire report is accidentally written over. I also hate that when the system times me out or locks out, it doesn't save the information.

We use cerner for reports, but there must be better options out there.

"Cerner Powerworks review"

What do you like best?

Cerner is pretty user friendly; I am an analyst in another EMR, but am able to quickly pick up how to use Cerner when needed.

What do you dislike?

It's a little outdated compared to other EMR's, like Epic. It's difficult to interface Cerner with other EMR's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good EMR, not the best our there, but it gets the job done.

I am supporting another EMR at the same hospital system that also used Cerner. Because of that, we need to try to make the two EMR's interface seamlessly, a difficult task.

Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Efficient if you get the right version"

What do you like best?

Everything all in one interface (I.e physicians notes, physical therapy notes, labs, vitals, H&P) as opposed to our previous EMR which only had certain info and H&P was in a different software.

What do you dislike?

Apparently there are different versions of cerner and several components we had before to generate new patient consults are not included in this version. I've used cerner at other hospitals where new patient screening (daily Braden's firing a new consult, stroke protocol, etc) automatically generated consults to our census task list.

An all in one program that every hospital discipline can utilize and see. Also the elimination of paper charting has been nice.

Cerner review by User

"It’s no EPIC... but has some benefits. "

What do you like best?

For the type of patients I have to document about, Cerner works well. It also seems very “new-user” friendly to me, as I quickly learned how to document with this software.

What do you dislike?

Its not customizeable. I feel varying fonts/colors would help make certain things stand out to make documentation easier. Also, tasks do not fall off your “task list” even after they have been documented. So sometimes you have to double document information.

Information is easily auditable, so we can see what documentation areas need to be improved upon. This has helped improve patient care and satisfaction.

Cerner review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Pretty User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that Cerner is fairly easy to navigate, especially in comparison to many other electronic health records

What do you dislike?

I wish it was MORE compatible with other systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you are doing!!

EHR, but we have definitely NOT solved it! The benefits we have realized are that we transitioned to EHR from paper prior to the national deadline

Cerner review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"Corner for the Healthcare professional "

What do you like best?

It is an (almost) one stop shop to storing patient info.

What do you dislike?

The layout can be overwhelming and confusing to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is comprehensive, but not without its drawbacks. Not exactly user friendly and not integrated with images or Centricity, but does the job.

Access to a patient's medical records and past notes submitted electronically for better continuity of care.

Cerner review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Cerberus Review"

What do you like best?

I have used both Sorian and Invision hospital systems by Cerner. Both systems are easy to use but Invision is a much older system so the navigation seems to be more easier to catch on to. Sorian is newer which is definitely a pro, it allows more capabilities for leaving notations and reviewing patient accounts/

What do you dislike?

With Invision I dislike the way that you have to notate, by entering everything line by line. I also dislike that there are insurance codes that are used for patients insurance.

No business problems

Cerner review by Joanie M.
Joanie M.

"Provider - Hospital just switched to Cerner"

What do you like best?

Powerplan set up

Ease of charting

Save feature

Can use with Dragon applications

User friendly

Really good customer service

What do you dislike?

Not instinctive in figuring out features

Hard to find result

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands on training is optimal

Set up classes for different users/units instead of all hospital employees together

Patient care/delays, redundancy issues, trending resutls

"CERNER USAGE AS AN RN"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, has tricks to make matching documentation entry more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to find the correct place to document an item when there are multiple places it can be inserted.

Efficient, organized, and thorough patient care documentation and easier communication with outside collaboration, such as pharmacy.

Cerner review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easier charting but still need nurse's notes"

What do you like best?

It makes charting easier and descriptive without having to write out so much detail. Just point to what is applicable and click. it also beats having to read bad handwriting and improper abbreviations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit cumbersome to find information. Your IT person should be able to solve this by showing you how to eliminate sections you do not need to chart on or are not applicable to your unit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anything beats paper charting. Cerner is not perfect, but does cut down on paperwork. The rounds summary reports are priceless when giving report to next shift.

Easier and more accurate charting. No questions about handwriting or mistakes with medication doses

Cerner review by Victoria R.
Victoria R.

"Workflow could be improved, little ability to personalize nursing assessment"

What do you like best?

pain assessment options are very thorough

What do you dislike?

Charting takes a lot of time- previously I have used epic, and can copy/paste unchanged assessment data for the patient for frequent assessments. This was beneficial.

It is easy to add new assessments, such as for oral mucositis or CAR-T cell/transplant therapy in hematology

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner tries to simplify things, but it doesn't"

What do you like best?

I like how notes are easily sorted between physician and others.

What do you dislike?

I dislike all the clicks, that are supposed to make typing a note easy, but it ends up just being a lot of clicks. I find the macros tedious as well. I wish free texting was a little easier. Writing orders for normal saline is much more difficult than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make templates because clicking forever is tedious for daily notes

I like Cerner has an easy click to uptodate and now radiology is included.

Cerner review by Tina O.
Tina O.

"Cerner"

What do you like best?

Many hospitals use Cerner in the lab as well as on patient care side. It's easy to adapt to and learn. There is an extensive menu of what you can do. The customer support is nice if there are problems.

What do you dislike?

Menu options can be a little disorganized to distinguish between nursing side and lab side.

Lab information systems is often separate from nursing information systems. Corner is a good tool to combine the two so communication is more efficient.

Cerner review by Amelia C.
Amelia C.

"Cerner is the worst"

What do you like best?

Almost nothing. With so many updates (constantly!) it should make it better, not more of the same or worse.

What do you dislike?

It's complicated to use and has too many excess fields to pick through. Also too many updates that do little or nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are the worst. Do not use them.

Cerner creates more problems at my work.

Cerner review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner Application for Hospital"

What do you like best?

The speed and instataneous retrieval. Patient Specific info all loaded for staff's work.

What do you dislike?

Logging in is slow as it needs to load up all patient related info for a particular user role

Patient dashboard on one screen, from entry to exit of patients. Benefits greatly in scheduling various medical orders and procedures

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Use cerner on daily basis at hospital as EMR"

What do you like best?

all labs, orders, and notes centralized, which is very helpful rather than having multiple EMRs to have to log into.

What do you dislike?

the setup!!! Other EMRs like EPIC are much more user friendly, and have a broader reach as far as system integration, with outpatient notes and other clinic notes accessible within the same EMR for each patient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can, use EPIC.

Solving problem of EMR vs paper charts or multiple computer programs to complete work for patients. Benefit of having all notes, orders and labs in one program.

Cerner review by Carrie  H.
Carrie H.

"Cerner"

What do you like best?

Ability to see many seevice dates at once

What do you dislike?

Inability to post labs into note, would like to have most recent labs populate into note

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you speak to other users to create a cerner package that will meet the needs of the users.

Servicing patients in medical clinic

"Manageable EMR"

What do you like best?

This EMR is relatively easy to use with a nice interface (after a big learning curve!)

What do you dislike?

It can be very difficult to place orders. The search function could be improved.

Allows me to manage patients in the ER as well as to access their previous records.

Cerner review by Claudia L.
Claudia L.

"Inpatient EMR"

What do you like best?

Easiest EMR I have used. If you have the basics down you can deduce how to use other features.

What do you dislike?

When searching under the orders section you have to be very specific and it can often be difficult to find what you are looking for.

Improving efficiency of seeing patients.

Cerner review by Tanya L.
Tanya L.

"Powerchart"

What do you like best?

There are some good customizable options.

What do you dislike?

There are much too many clicks. There are also too many actually steps to be able to log into powerchart via cerner. This affects patient care as too much time is often spent on documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider epic

Ability to document

Cerner review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"a comprehensive practice managing solution"

What do you like best?

patient tracking and accounting. can schedule base on clinical orders. easy to integrate. save so much of my time.

What do you dislike?

registration and patient reporting. a bit more support on the website. otherwise very good management software

modify and view patient schedule with ease. very comprehensive. one-stop solution to practice management. display demographics.

Cerner review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"Must be tech savvy"

What do you like best?

Is designed for what it is intended to do.

What do you dislike?

Depending on skill set, it can be hard to use for some. Issues with compatibility with certain browsers/firewalls

For those that arent as tech savvy, it can be difficult to use as a first-time user. Encountered a few areas of frustration.

Cerner review by Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.

"Efficient EMR system "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user friendly layout of Gerber and the ability to access information in more than one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike only being able to open 2 patient charts at a time.

Slowness and frequent crashing than other EMR systems I’ve used.

Cerner review by Kelly F.
Kelly F.

"very user friendly program"

What do you like best?

I like having this at work because it was easy to pick up since I am new at this company

What do you dislike?

honestly I dont have anything negative to say about it, it is very user friendly

All of the charts are very easy to read and if I am on a deadline it makes it so we can get through the day fast and efficiaently

Cerner review by Dominic P.
Dominic P.

"EMR"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate throughout multiple locations and services

What do you dislike?

The length of time needed to conduct minuscule tasks

Streamlining patient info and tracking throughout the system. You can pull data to improve throughput of patients

Cerner review by Kayla L.
Kayla L.

"Cerner review"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, lots of useful features for direct patient care.

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of any dislike at this time

Pertaining to nursing, charting is clear and easy. I love the copy/paste feature to save time. Communication with other departments is easy.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner is so user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I used meditech at my old facility and cerner is SO much better. Talk about moving from the 1990s to present day technology! I love the fact that you can chart with just a few clicks, yet can still add comments when needed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I’ve been using cerner for almost 2 years now and it’s been great!

Cerner saves me so much time charting. This is time that i can now spend with my patients!

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good service for the price "

What do you like best?

Cerner is a middle of the road EMR. It does have the potential to customize but it's easiest done during implementation. It's pretty ubiquitous. Its aesthetically pleasing to use.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't share info to 3rd parties that well, lots of bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you evaluate your needs compared to your budget. If you're most worried about accurately capturing services rendered do the legwork and research all EHRs.

Chart capture, service capture, coding, accurate patient recording.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

* GUI laid out in SOAP format, able to move through fields, pages, etc quickly. Defensible documentation is easily and consistently maintained.

What do you dislike?

Font too small, not easily modified GUI for specific type of evaluations or patient notes. Non-clinical personnel experience difficulty in navigation. Customized fields are highly expensive to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not easily modifiabld to meet end user ease of use.

Clinical documentation that meets or exceeds Medicare review, JACHO and OSHA standards.

Cerner review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner"

What do you like best?

Good and stable products, a solution for every healthcare vertical.

What do you dislike?

Massive corporation and employee base results in ownership of products and issues being constantly flipped. When you do have someone to work with, don't count on them staying a resource for long because no one seems to stay in one spot in that company. Internal attrition is a major concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very expensive. Look at other options.

EMR, EHR, remote management frees up internal resources.

"Useful software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate and design is useful for patient charting; pleasant visualization; advantageous for coordinated patient care

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to become comfortable using; difficult to find certain documentation within patient chart; not as comprehensive as Epic EHR

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate your company needs and ascertain whether cerner or epic is right for you

The main business problem we are solving with cerner is enhancement of patient care and coordination among providers to deliver care.

Cerner review by Rafael H.
Rafael H.

"lab test input and review, LIS system"

What do you like best?

easy to use, very similar to excel for inputting out results from our machine and it is great that is also interfaces with our machines

What do you dislike?

it is a bit outdated, looks like it was developed in the 1990

Recommendations to others considering the product

needs to be updated

it is part of our laboratory information system

Cerner review by Cheryl  W.
Cheryl W.

"Registered nurse "

What do you like best?

Ease of naviagation, clarity of categories

What do you dislike?

Hard to make a change when needed in software build

Clarity of documentation of patients and history .

Easy to locate data . Clear categories

"Great emr"

What do you like best?

I like the multiple facets of cerner that allow for different options depending on practice setting

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way that cerner interfaces with our imaging system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do complete the training for cerner powerchart. It makes navigation much easier when in real time patient charts

We are using cerner as an electronic medical record to allow for easy navigation and storage of patient charts

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Okay, does that the job"

What do you like best?

Some parts of the chart are easy to chart in. Love the I/o screen. Love the mpage screen.

What do you dislike?

Some screens are hard to chart in. Having to open up a separate page for everything is annoying. Finding past charting is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some of the pages are hard to use. Saving forms is slow

Have not really solved any problems with cerner. Just easier to put charting together.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Simple, powerful utility for surveys and communication"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface with multiple options for surveys and contacting a listserv.

What do you dislike?

The interface felt dated but has since been updated. As both a user and recipient of surveymonkey surveys, the surveyor should be considerate about notice fatigue for end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple way to connect with a wide audience, useful for contacting listserv and gaining insight and analytics.

Quick communication with multiple users and comprehensive analytics

Cerner review by Corey F.
Corey F.

"Cerner "

What do you like best?

Great software to keep all information organized

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to find appropriate tabs and iteams can be in odd locations

Unity

"Cerner Access"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the program is to use.

What do you dislike?

The program seems to freeze up alot and there are alot of updates.

We use it for patient registration and scheduling.

"EMR use in ED"

What do you like best?

Simple, visually appealing. Able to chart by exception in ED environment

What do you dislike?

Too many options, unsure how coding/billing works

Potential tide increased billing based on appropriate charting practices

Cerner review by Jenna G.
Jenna G.

"Not user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that you can customize your colors

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. It is not very user friend and seems ancient compared to other software

We have super users on site as well as offsite. We are working towards getting a more improved system

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner is a fine platform "

What do you like best?

Cerner system is fairly easy to use. Many health systems utilize this service

What do you dislike?

However, many more health systems utilize Epic; and in order to communicate most efficiently with other health systems, my organization will no longer be utilizing these services. It is very important that health systems be able to communicate with each other due to patient mobilization.

Cerner is an electronic medical record system.

Cerner review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Cerner "

What do you like best?

Single day scheduler and ease of editing times and dates

What do you dislike?

It goes down all the time constantly crashes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have lots of IT help

Submitting notes electronically

"Awesome product!"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly! I use it daily and rarely have issues. I also have trained people on how to use it and find that it is easy for people to pick up.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for me to track more of my time inside of the Cerner system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!!!

We use it to track insurance and self pay accounts

"Very functioning EHR"

What do you like best?

Cerner EHR has rich functionality to support all kinds of clinical workflow and cases

What do you dislike?

The Citrix based access makes data entry slow, sometimes result in bad user experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cerner has a good business strategy with flexibility of collaboration, this may be something to consider besides installation.

Well integrated with both inpatient and outpatient. Great for implementing enterprise wide EMR across system

"CNA"

What do you like best?

It has a wide variety of options and it is easily customizable to every patient.

What do you dislike?

This program has been so slow and is not user friendly at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a lot of time on your hands. Program is super slow

Electronic Medical Record. I think it’s important to keep up with the technological side of healthcare.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"There are better options "

What do you like best?

It is a simple program that does the job needed. No frills

What do you dislike?

There are other EHR softwares out there that are more intuitive and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your options and evaluate if Cerner is really what will meet your needs. If not, keep searching!

I am a healthcare professional so Cerner is not helping me solve any business problems.

"EMR Cerner"

What do you like best?

User friendly, I have been using it for nine years and have not had any major hiccups. I am able to search cerner for specific works without issues as well.

What do you dislike?

Only issue is that because it is not a unviersal EMR I cannot access other people's EMR systems to look up patient information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended

Patients.

"Love using Cerner"

What do you like best?

Cerner is very easy to use. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. I love the layout

What do you dislike?

Cerner downtime isn't the best. There are updates so often (which is a good thing!) but it isn't too convenient when you are working.

It is very convenient and allows us to do our jobs faster to provide better patient care.

"Cerner review"

What do you like best?

It’s perfect for a hospital setting, which is not the type of facility I work at.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly. Lots of drop downs with generic fields

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look at everything and see if it will actually coincide with your business

We use it to chart and put in all meds on MAR

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Challenging program, steps behind other EHR"

What do you like best?

The ability to search for a medication or desired results is helpful

What do you dislike?

No interdepartment communication - for example, pharmacy is unable to discuss reasons for rejecting an order with each other

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very challenging program for pharmacy departments. We were unable to communicate amongst each other to provide safe care.

N/A

Cerner review by Alexandra W.
Alexandra W.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Easy layout. User friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow and takes time to load screen.

Cerner review by User

"Quick Updates and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The system updates quickly and is easy to edit when there are errors. There are also a variety of choice to sort data making retrieval easy.

What do you dislike?

Information previously entered does not always pull to the next form.

Makes managing a large patient caseload easy since chart info can be accessed quickly.

Cerner review by Vikash J.
Vikash J.

"Cerner PowerWorks- Review"

What do you like best?

Cerner PowerWorks is nicely designed for smaller size practices, it streamlines workflow. It has reporting capabilities and improves your billing processes which lead to faster reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, Cerner can work on some additional interfaces.

I am supporting this product.

Cerner review by Shivakumar G.
Shivakumar G.

"Cerner PowerWorks_Shivakumar"

What do you like best?

Cerner power works gives the various options for the end user to deal with healthcare.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, but they can improvise on user interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work!

Healthcare projects with various hospital across US, Middle East and Australia.

"cerner"

What do you like best?

I like how much faster it is to chart online verses paper

What do you dislike?

Some of the boxes are not customized to my particular unit

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask coworkers and cerner staff how to properly chart to ensure that you are charting enough/not too much

charting has been easier

"Ok"

What do you like best?

Patient charts are easy to navigate and lab results are easy to read by grouping.

What do you dislike?

You can only open one chart at at time and you cannot search for a patient by room number.

I am not aware of business issues with Cerner.

"Great charting system"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and use friendly. We switched to Cerner from meditech and it was a very smooth transition.

What do you dislike?

The medication administration portion because all the meds listed are confusing when you scan

More patient interaction vs computer time charting

Learning about Cerner?

* We monitor all Cerner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.