Cerner

Showing 116 Cerner reviews
Cerner review by <span>Lesley J.</span>
Lesley J.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

It is very well integration amongst its suite of solutions. It supports best practice we have the tools incorporated that are benchmark tools and can be used for reporting. There is the ability to extract data from the system for reporting

What do you dislike?

Very customizable and can often lead users into a Rabbit Hole when doing design work. you need to have detailed workflow and process plans prior to beginning design work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The solution works for big and small implementations. The Cerner M-Pages have really improved physician documentation and quick order entry. The new dashboards are very informative and cater to specific practices and work areas. The ability to move freely from one solution to the next is wonderful and enable users to leverage all the benefits of one patient one record had to show

Healthcare: Order Entry, Allergies tracking safe medication administration streamlined documentation for all levels of care

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cerner
Cerner review by <span>Michael A C.</span>
Michael A C.

"EMR"

What do you like best?

I was part of the team that developed the notes we are using on our Cerner EMR in the hospital. The Cerner reps were very helpful in the build process and integrating our needs and adapting some of our paper documents into the actual EMR.

What do you dislike?

Some of the work arounds are not easily identifiable, some seemingly simple things are sometimes mad too complicated. When some problems have been identified and submitted for solutions to Cerner we are told there is no way to fix a given problem but other Cerner users have shared fixes in other forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In considering adoption of Cerner one should make sure you will be getting input into the design of your daily EMR forms and the support to change your documents later on.

None

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Cerner review by <span>Andrea S.</span>
Andrea S.

"It's just ok"

What do you like best?

The easiest thing to do on Cerner is put orders in, but that's about it. I wish I could say I like more about it but everything is equal to or worse than Epic charting so it is hard to come up with something I really like about it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that nothing seems to populate as you chart. Everything is in a drop down menu or you have to select it and move to another box. It's also very boring to look at compared to Epic, everything is bland black and white, whereas in Epic you can personalize it. I also find it hard to locate different areas to chart certain things. It isn't very user friendly. In Epic you can just push buttons to select and partially type someones name in, whereas in Cerner you have to pick everything from a drop down menu and you have to know everyones full name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Epic is worth the money, unless you have someone who can setup Cerner to be functional within your company.

It allows me to chart, but I don't think it is really solving any problems. Cerner provides a service to healthcare workers, but it doesn't really go above and beyond to help make my work easier. I think a lot of people would agree that it serves a purpose, but it isn't really providing anything new that we can't get from a different charting system.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fairly user friendly when compared to other EHRs"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the Cerner Powerchart EHR is both the PowerPlans and the CORES feature which is a helpful handoff tool for concise patient summaries and plans. I think it is overall a very user friendly EHR compared to other EHRs I've used on the inpatient medicine setting. The Powerplans are a great time saver. The ability to create quick text as templates also saves important time. I like the ability to view the results review in multiple different views as well as in a graph form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Discharge tab within the physician view. I also dislike the Outside medical systems tab that is often slow and has incomplete data. It's also not always clear how to best customize the view that you want of your left sidebar menu options.

Another thing I like about Cerner Powerchart is its ability to communicate with our outpatient patient medical records and that labs ordered as an outpatient automatically flow into the results within the inpatient EHR. We have solved the issue of retriving records from all other medical systems, although some medical systems do not communicate with the Cerner Powerchart EHR. It has also streamlined our signout process by having a standardized template for the physician handoff report through the CORES functionality.

Cerner review by <span>Sasan B.</span>
Sasan B.

"EMR/EHR software from Cerner Corp."

What do you like best?

Clinical Data such as vitals etc are presented in easily identifiable sections. Its fairly flexible and and once accustomed to it is relatively efficient when used. The learning period involved can be lengthy to achieve full proficiency. At least all health records are in one easily accessed place.

What do you dislike?

Fairly cumbersome. Multiple clicks to find a certain end outcome, also when some function is unfamiliar to the user its not very intuitive or easy to figure out. EMR software suffers from feeling as if software engineers have been the sole designers and little input from clinical caregivers has been taken into account. Cerner is afflicted by this as well. Feels antiquated needs to be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve intuitiveness. Still too cumbersome. Updates required in all avenues to make it a first tier choice. Its currently used not out choice but of no other option at a certain institution. This can change if the next iteration is significantly improved. Other EMR/EHR software should be considered including Epic systems. Ultimately Cerner can be a solution that works but a full analysis of other options would be highly advised before making a selection.

Patientcare and documentation all in one package sorting out health care decision management and legal requirements. There are several EHR/EMR packages available, this is a major player. Another is Epic and it has surpassed cerner in several ways and has become the go to choice at many institutions, however Epic has also had its long list of major issues.

Cerner review by <span>Robin T.</span>
Robin T.

"More work"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an organized platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that compared to other electronic health charting databases, there's more work attributed for staff who already have a great workload. Five clicks to complete a task in Cerner is the equivalent to complete a task in something, such as Epic. I also dislike that it's very slow to start up, as well as during use. The entire program just seems like it needs to be from another decade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Epic. Yes, Cerner may be more cost effective, but your employees will appreciate Epic more because time is saved.

With Cerner, medical issues are being solved, as it helps to see the position a patient is in. Data is collected and we are able to tell an improvement in status or a decline. Also, legal issues are being taken care of, as everything charted into this becomes a legal document/ record of a patient's stay. This also gives a detailed record of their stay.

Learning about Cerner?

* We monitor all Cerner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.