Certain Platform

Certain Platform

Certain Platform is the leading enterprise Event Automation solution that helps data-driven marketers and event professionals integrate rich buying signals and attendee insights into omni-channel marketing campaigns to improve sales and marketing results and deliver event ROI. Certain partners with hundreds of companies across tens of thousands of events with millions of attendees.

Work for Certain Platform?

Learning about Certain Platform?

Certain Platform Reviews

Ask Certain Platform a Question
Showing 20 Certain Platform reviews
Certain Platform review by Celeste B.
Celeste B.

"One-stop shop for end-to-end event management"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility in modules and the ability to completely customize the look and feel. I also find it very valuable that you can manage all aspects of your event in one place, so all of the data is connected. It makes it so much easier to manage changes and communicate with attendees.

What do you dislike?

Advanced HTML/CSS knowledge is needed to really sufficiently design the event shell. Not all teams might have this resource available to them, so they have to spend additional dollars on contractors or agencies to help in the build. Once you get past this hurdle though, you can easily reuse past events to leverage code that was used before, so that is a plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loop in your marketing ops and web/design teams when discussing implementation and execution to make sure that all necessary parties are engaged. This will streamline the rollout, maximize the integration and tracking capability, and will ensure that nothing is missed on the front end that will have to be considered later (like integrations with your MAP, tracking, SSO, etc.)

Certain allows me to keep everything in one place, to streamline my event management and automate so many event processes, from registration to session submissions, to networking event RSVPs, to surveys.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Certain Platform
Certain Platform review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Gets the job done, but designed by programmers"

What do you like best?

Should you find yourself getting proposals from various Event Registration Systems, you can trust that Certain has most of the boxes checked that some of the bigger players have: Event configuration, room block management, event websites, forms, groups, and more.

What do you dislike?

While I mentioned that they have most the bells and whistles you are looking for, you might find it extremely difficult to manage these features. Certain was designed by programmers, so the majority of the components are not intuitive in their location or application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if money is your biggest driving in selecting a registration system. If Certain is all you can afford, then you will make it work - but if you have a bit of wiggle room I'd say go with another company that has thought about the ease of use and has a better reputation for customer support.

The benefit with using Certain, along with most Event Registration Systems, is that you are removing the human error from the data collection. If you are trying to manage RSVPs through email and excel workbooks, there is a strong possibility that you will overlook or duplicate data.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Certain Platform review by User in Higher Education

"Professional Development Program database and registrations"

What do you like best?

Custom reporting capabilities, calendar of upcoming events, registration platform

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive, no dashboard, registration form URLs are not unique (more difficult to track in Analytics)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be more helpful to use an event automation software that integrates with our marketing efforts, i.e. Salesforce for us. Certain often feels like a totally separate beast we have to deal with because it has always been used. We have to export email addresses on a weekly basis and upload them into our email marketing platform and this becomes quite time consuming and the likelihood of human error increases greatly.

Organization of many repeat events throughout the year. Certain keeps track of our participant records and we are able to do some demographic analysis, as well as time lag to conversion analysis with the info it provides.

Certain Platform review by User

"Experience of Certain program "

What do you like best?

the appointment system and certain check in application are really good and easy to use

What do you dislike?

glitches in reporting, forms and finance management areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you organise small scale events then this program is good to use however if you are a big company then Certain is weak for handling large data and producesglitches.

our company organises trade and business events so certain is used for managing the data, building forms, communicating with the delegates and scheduling appointmnents

Certain Platform review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Certain is easy to use and extremely efficient. It makes life so much easier to copy the event from last year to this year and just change the dates & times. I love being able to pull reports so quickly.

What do you dislike?

the logic part of the site is extremely confusing. It takes me a long time to figure out how to add items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great for those responsible for registering attendees.

The benefits are definitely being able to pull reports quickly to send to clients.

Certain Platform review by Hillary B.
Hillary B.

"Multi-featured program great for large or complex events"

What do you like best?

I like that the dashboard gives me a quick overview of our registration numbers.

What do you dislike?

I find the program very clunky. I have had the worst time with creating invoices and trying to get a simple logo on the top of the page. Even tech support couldn't really help. It should not be so hard! Some of the edit features seem to require programming knowlege - not helpful for this end-user.

Being able to receive payment by credit card. This is the program the my employer makes available for us, as an institution, to use.

Certain Platform review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Flexible tool for various event managment tasks"

What do you like best?

A lot of Features that a Company can benefit from. However, we have only tried some of them.

Customizing communications and reports as well as the room sharing / accomodation module. Connection to Marketing Automation Tools (for example Marketo) is possible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes HTML knowledge makes it easier.

The many functions of the tool make it complex and sometimes the structure doesn't seem very intuitive to me, as you have to do changes in different section for the (in my opinion) same function. As for every other tool implemenation, detailled trainings and localized templates are factors of success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time for detailled Training and templates, especially if you require localization.

We were very happy about a tool that includes accommodation planning as well as a tool for room sharing. Still, there are a lot of Features that we haven't implemented yet.

Certain Platform review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Certain review by Attendee Management Inc."

What do you like best?

Flexibility within design functions and reporting. Full registration, housing and travel modules, with added Check In Easy, native mobile app, appointment scheduling.

What do you dislike?

No software has all the features we'd ever want, and all software has features you don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for everyone. It is very sophisticated and not best for a company managing a couple of smaller meetings a year. It takes time to learn, but once comfortable with the software you can make it do virtually anything you need.

We need flexible software that allows broad access to design functions, beyond basic WYSIWYG. We can design websites and forms that perfectly match our clients' demanding marketing needs.

Certain Platform review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Certain Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Certain serves as a repository for everything related to an event from the registration form, housing, and payment. It's nice to have it all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Certain is not intuitive. The fields are not named in a way that makes it easy for someone that is new to this program to set up their event properly. Now that I'm doing an event for the second year in a row, it's easier, but the learning curve was very steep.

Without Certain, we would have had to use more than one platform/website to do our event tracking. The fact that Certain is available and supported by my institution has been helpful.

Certain Platform review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Certain Event App"

What do you like best?

I loved that we could see real time stats and see exactly which attendees were registered and which attendees were walk-ins.

What do you dislike?

One member of my team had a crashing issue, but I never experienced it so I have nothing negative to say!

This app streamlined a huge portion of our event and was actually a great conversation starter. For that reason alone this app is completely priceless.

Certain Platform review by User in Internet

"Great Solution for Event Management "

What do you like best?

The best feature is that Certain software is all in the cloud, so I'm able to easily pull attendee lists, accommodations, contacts, etc. on the go. This is great when you are running from place to place getting different things set up. It also houses a lot of my information about each event, so I've been able to upload documents and steer away from crowded Google Drive pages. It also provides a fairly simple and straightforward registration process, which is great.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all the features I need, but of course not every software is perfect. I've heard from a couple of people I've worked with in the industry that it can be difficult to pull registration sometimes and use the event mobile side of it, but I never had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how much you need this software. It is great for bigger sized event companies or event planners. You don't need it if you are throwing one-offs on occasion. The registration page layouts can be confusing to those that aren't experienced in using some design tools.

This has been a great help with registration and keeping track of some of my records. It has also helped me to become more organized and more stylish with my registration pages.

Certain Platform review by John E.A. F.
John E.A. F.

"Certain Event Registration"

What do you like best?

Certain has so many tools within their software that one can build an event in ways that he/she hadn't thought of .

What do you dislike?

Parts of Certain are a bit rigid for example changing the payment in Forms you would need to change it in the Event Setup.

How to submit articles in Certain, documentation for approval.

Certain Platform review by User

"Conference and event builder in certain also have built mobile apps"

What do you like best?

Certain is a very robust event and conference management tool. The flexibility in event creation is second to none. I have tried many others and certain is by far my preferred choice.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could be improved. An enhanced user community of active forums would be very helpful

We manage hundreds of conferences and events in certain each year.

Certain Platform review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Manage all your meeting registration from one place"

What do you like best?

Certain was very easy to use and all HTML based so it was easy to add in new events or make changes on the fly. Each attendee record was easy to read and the export process for my reporting was very simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

Since we didn't require users to use a login/password combination, we had a lot of duplicate registrations across the span of our year. This ended up costing us additional funds because we went over our allotment/prepaid amount of registrations. When we asked Certain about this, they said there was no way to limit people who were signing up with different email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer service is top notch. Our rep was based in Hawaii but she worked East Coast hours so contact was never delayed.

Trying to manage registration for an educational program with offerings throughout the year. Our challenge was that we didn't have one "traditional" event but rather 30-40 smaller events/classes that we wanted to manage under the larger umbrella of a "semester. Being able to track those who signed up for multiple classes was very useful in figuring out which topics need more advanced offerings and which ones needed more primers.

Certain Platform review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Use Certain software every day"

What do you like best?

Customization ability and customized reporting. I am able to closely match client branding guidelines.

What do you dislike?

Not good at group registrations / discount codes. Badging module. Looking forward to more ability to serve up more responsive websites and forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very robust system and more software than a lot of people need, but if you have complex programs, definitely consider Certain.

Solve the full gamut of online registration problems for clients on a daily basis.

Certain Platform review by Kaitlyn M.
Kaitlyn M.

"Use for ibtm america hosted buyer program. "

What do you like best?

The it is easy to use for our clients and we get no complaints!

What do you dislike?

I have no heard of any problems with the system

It allows us to have qualified buyers apply and not have unqualified buyers come to our show.

Certain Platform review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great system for our event! "

What do you like best?

The versatility of the software allows our attendees to fill out application that we can customize. This allows us to get what we want out of the software.

What do you dislike?

The process of transferring data from Certain's platform to our other platforms we use.

We can keep all of the data under one umbrella. It becomes organized so we can better use it.

Certain Platform review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to register for events (as a user)"

What do you like best?

I've used Certain to both register and check in for events, and both were quite easy from the user perspective.

What do you dislike?

Not much I disliked; however I'm sure the group who implemented it could have done a bit more with the look and feel.

I've used Certain to register for events in the past. (Small conferences, etc.) It seemed to be easy; of course, I couldn't say what the admin interface looked like.

Certain Platform review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Certain Inc. Review"

What do you like best?

Intuitive use - I feel as though it is very instictive and user friendly. Not a challenge at all.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to access remotely

Great for appointment matching

Certain Platform review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Review"

What do you like best?

easy to use interface, looks good, makes things easier

What do you dislike?

a lot of information, don't know enough about all the features

keeping events fluid and organized

Learn more about Certain Platform

Certain Platform Videos

Certain Platform Downloads

Learning about Certain Platform?

* We monitor all Certain Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.