Certify

Certify

(1,080)

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Work for Certify?

Learning about Certify?

Certify Reviews

Ask Certify a Question
Showing 1,085 Certify reviews
Certify review by Cheri T.
Cheri T.

"Everything you need at your finger tips"

What do you like best?

I love how Certify calculates the mileage. I also love that you can add the information from your receipts and add a photo of it. I love that you can message the person who is due to approve your expenses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app. I have tried to login from my phone and always have problems. I have to use my laptop in order to enter my expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to use Certify for all your expense needs. The calculations are phenomenal. I never have to figure out the totals, because Certify does it all. It also archives your expense reports in case you wan to go back and review them. It also saves some items in your wallet to be added to an expense report later.

I am not aware of any issues were are or were having, but if we were having any problem we aren't now.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Certify
Certify review by Samanta L.
Samanta L.

"Okay, they need to improve some aspects"

What do you like best?

It is a tool that has a very good idea to have a better control on expenses making it easier to keep an accounting that shows that you can save yourself and also keep track of miles on your trips. It has a good payment processor and everything is online.

What do you dislike?

It requires many confirmations when configuring, the design should be more organized and simple so that this does not happen to have confirmations of what is being edited. It is very difficult to configure the start, it takes time to get used to the platform. There are many entries that have to be made manually, this means that the work of this tool does not comply with the standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if I recommend, but it's worth trying. Everyone with their tastes and methodology of the platforms.

In itself the platform has a good orientation, proposing to take better control on expenses without stressful use excel sheets but there are things that must be improved to see if it is very profitable to take advantage, in addition there are many delays in lso reimbursements that a banking institution does faster.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Certify review by Steven J.
Steven J.

"Simple and Effective Application for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and I appreciate the way it accurately reports the distance traveled with a map included to show how long the travel would be.

I have only used it a handful of occasions, but each time it flawlessly records my records and prepares them for correspondence to my supervisor(s) and team leader for review and approval. I then successfully receive my reimbursement by the next pay stub.

I've also never had any issues when needing to create a new password or reach out to customer support for clarification.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Customizing the layout colors may be a nice feature if not already available to make the amount of white/blue you see on screens all day diminish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works quite well so I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good model for reimbursements with your company.

Reporting mileage for reimbursement and for other reimbursement options (meals, purchasing supplies, lodging and other business expenses made using personal cash or credit cards).

Certify review by John H.
John H.

"gets the job done"

What do you like best?

our organization used to use excel spreadsheets to do expenses - a cumbersome job! certify has made life so much easier when it comes to expense reports. what i like best is that i can take a picture of the receipt in the app and then i don't have to keep up with that receipt any longer! It is also very helpful that Certify searches my expense report for potential duplicate receipts, even from previous expense reports. For those who travel internationally, it is expedient that I know longer have to look up current exchange rates because Certify does this for me.

What do you dislike?

i am still finding the automatic feature of having certify fill in my expense from the receipt a bit spotty - hopefully this will improve with usage. also, i have problems with the app taking a photo of the receipt; often, after taking the receipt photo, it exits the certify app and I have to log in and begin again. A workaround for this problem is to take a digital photo with Microsoft Lens and then use that image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything that Certify does for our company, they do well. From ease of entering expenses to ease of creating and submitting an expense report. Whether from the website or that app, this has changed the ballgame and made expense reports much less painful!

now there is clarity in terms of when expense reports of employees have been turned in and where it is in the process - super helpful.

Certify review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Certify - the most efficient way to go"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service. When I have questions or if any employees have questions there's always a way to get an answer. The rep assigned to our account, Amy Teen, is sweet, efficient, and knowledgeable. I also love the ease of use of the app. Just take a picture with your phone and you're set. No more having to deal with physical receipts.

What do you dislike?

This is very particular to our account. The filtering. I would like to be able to select two or three filters on projects for my employees. Currently it's a one or all filtering scheme. I also wish there was a way to program combinations of project and category. Currently the employee can select an indirect project and a direct category. This causes more work for our AP manager and a discrepancy between what's in Certify and what's in our Accounting system. Yes - there are employees who will select an indirect project and then select Direct Materials Billable, and approvers who don't pay attention. I just wish there was a way to dummy proof the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it? It's great, it's easy, while Certify does offer amazing training opportunities make it a requirement that employees attend some form of training.

There is - generally - a quicker turnaround between the employee incurring the cost and the cost getting uploaded into our accounting system. This enables a quicker turnaround in billing the customer and getting reimbursed. Also, the biggest benefit is that the employee is happier. The ease of use of the app has made a lot of employees very happy.

Certify review by Tara L.
Tara L.

"Quick, Easy, Dependable"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to fill out and turn in each week. It makes something that isn't my favorite part of the job (but a very important part) extremely easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike much, but the autofill does not always pull accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extremely easy way for employees to keep track of their costs related to the business. It has helped with tracking my own expenses for work as well as receive timely and accurate reimbursements for all of my expenses, from gifts for clients to mileage and travel. It has been extremely helpful in that and the support team has been helpful the few times I've used them. I also appreciate knowing that if I make any mistakes (if I'm completing it in a rush), all mistakes are caught because of the different levels of checking measures. It's been a wonderful product for what my company uses it for.

For a larger company, it is a very easy way to ensure that reimbursements are made quick and accurate. It has helped me keep track of my own finances as well in that all of my business receipts are in one place.

Certify review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Expenses Simplified"

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly capture my receipts while I'm on the road. All I have to do is snap a photo of the receipt, use the built-in receipt-reader that helps to pre-fill the fields required for each receipt and verify the auto-filled information is correct. Once all my receipts are in, all I have to do is sync, create a new expense report, and submit! I use the mobile app the most and finish off my reports on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I'd say the auto-fill doesn't work 100% of the time. Lately it has been giving me odd dates for the receipts or capturing random numbers as totals. I've been manually filling in the fields lately due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know what other applications are out there for expense-tracking, but Certify is definitely easy to use and easily accessible from anywhere.

I travel quite a lot for work so keeping up with multiple receipts per day can be difficult. We have a per-diem that is worked into Certify to help us keep our expenses on track. It makes things very easy for payroll to get the information they need, coded the way they need it. Certify is great in that you can access your receipts from anywhere once you have them captured. You can either take a photo of your receipt with your phone or upload from your files.

Certify review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"Certainly will reduce your expenses"

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. As it is cloud based, the expenses can be seen by both the team on the field and also the team in office.You even have an option of a free trial version which you can decide in order to buy or not. Also, it takes a few days initially but after that, Certify in my opinion is the most straight forward and easy software to use. Customization was even possible so my company took full use of this feature as well

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with their Technical support team as help is not readily available. A couple of times, I was transferred to some other person / representative as the initial officer didn't have the correct know how or expertise. While setting up, I faced a few problems and in order to solve them, I had to watch online videos or ask other friends who are already using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I would recommend this software. Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses, time and effort ?! Must have!

Because of Certify, my travel expenses have gone down drastically. Certify has been a huge blessing to me and my company. As I am a Manager to operaions in 3 countries, I travle a lot. Certify helps in not only keeping a track of my expenses but also reduces my time and effort for creating, submitting, approving and reimbursing for my T&D account. I only scan the receipt for my expenses and it automatically gets updated on the Certify software. Moreover, after my trip, I can then compare which expenses to reduce the next time I go saving me a lot of money.

Certify review by Cheyenne D.
Cheyenne D.

"Great and intuitive expense management."

What do you like best?

Certify is easy to use software, with a charming and very useful design. I love that you can have it in a mobile application, it is much easier in that way. Managing expenses makes work easier. Learning to manage the software to be able to apply it to daily work was really simple. The management of expenses is understandable, you can send things through mobile, mail or from the PC, which is so versatile makes everything much simpler.

What do you dislike?

I had small inconveniences, but consult with customer support and solve everything in a matter of minutes. For this reason I can not complain about the skills and abilities that all the software has as a whole, it has many things to offer, which I find sensational.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using it is simple, easy and provides help in various ways. It is modern and understandable, it represents a very large utility. I recommend that you try it and see the great advantages it can bring to your life.

It is great for the workflow, it contributes greatly to facilitate the work of managing expenses in different ways. We all now have more clarity to understand all the processes of collection and reimbursement. It allows to better manage the work of expenses which saves time invested in this and allows us to perform better and faster the administrative processes.

Certify review by Gavin H.
Gavin H.

"Great experience with zero hassle"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. It is intuitive and makes it easy to submit an expense report on my own.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything. I've ran into some issues with the receipt uploader and viewer, but usually one hit of the refresh button and everything works okay again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should absolutely use Certify. The user interface is intuitive, the real-time tracking of the expense reports is great, and the system works with zero issues. I only use this software to upload expense reports for my manager's and HR' approval, but I know that it has more capabilities and I think that it would be wise to use Certify.

For my position, I'm only using Certify to submit expense reports. The benefits include being able to see the progression of my expense report and seeing who has approved or requested more information.

Certify review by Angela  S.
Angela S.

"Easier than a math equation! "

What do you like best?

I love the phone app features allowing you to take a picture of the receipt right after your purchase. I tend to leave my receipts in the bag and by time I remember the receipt I have already lost it or thrown it away.

What do you dislike?

I have not had one feature that I did not like. If there was a feature that I needed I would check Certify and low-and-behold they have already implemented it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great feature to add for yourself and all upper level management employees.

I use Certify to log all my receipts from the purchases on my Corporate Credit Card and any personal purchases that my company would reimburse me for. I can use my phone app to hold my receipts and then sync them to my online certify and submit everything all at once.

Certify review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Easy to use, efficient expense management"

What do you like best?

Easy to track and manage expenses via mobile app or website. Website is designed in a friendly manner which is easy to use and navigate. The expense submission process is flexible; with submissions acceptable via scanning from the mobile app, email or via document upload from your PC.

What do you dislike?

My expenses wont always come over via email, but with alternative methods of uploading docs, it is not a total loss. Additionally, the status of my claims never seems to update, even if I know I've already received reimbursement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From an end user perspective, it is a great product. My only gripe is with administration of the product, but I suspect that is more of an internal organization issue and not one with the product itself.

Streamlined workflow management of our expense reimbursement process. Managers are able to ask questions about expenses and get further clarity about an expense before just approving at face value.

Certify review by Shannon F.
Shannon F.

"Easy to manage travel expenses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is an easy-to-use app that you can use to track your travel expenses in real-time, rather than doing it all when you get back to the office.

What do you dislike?

If all fields are not filled out (even fields that are not applicable to you), it comes up as an error and doesn't let you submit. There's a little troubleshooting involved in that. Also, if you enter your destinations into the map to track mileage, it's never been accurate for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for travelling for business! Just make sure to walk your employees through it the first time, because it can be a little confusing if you make a little mistake, such as not filling out all of the fields correctly or entering your mileage in wrong.

Our company used to manage travel expenses internally, which consisted of filling out an excel sheet and physically taping receipts to printer paper and giving them to Accounting. Certify makes everything online and makes it so much easier to travel. After you take a snapshot of the receipt, you don't have to worry about keeping track of it!

Certify review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"NOT RECOMMENDED!!!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has potential, but you really need to login to their web portal to complete an expense report. You will spend more time filling out boxes, pull-downs and correcting mistakes than you will doing any other "old fashioned" way (as I do, with an Excel spreadsheet).

What do you dislike?

The website for actually compiling your expenses is HORRIBLE. It is very slow, overly complicated, and poorly organized. If you like clicking your mouse, then you might like Certify. I'm guessing you need at least 30 mouse clicks PER RECIEPT (minimum) and that doesn't count the time you'll spend on the mobile app and/or email to send/upload receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just wait for this service to mature, or look elsewhere for something similar. This is far from ready for prime time yet. Skip it.

It seems I have just created more work for myself by using Certify. I'm going back to a much faster and efficient, albeit manual method of compiling expense reports.

Certify review by Renee P.
Renee P.

"Certify is a great tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease and simplicity of the program. I like that it is all very organized and mobile friendly so things can get done in the moment.

What do you dislike?

Often, I will not know exactly where to put something or the mileage/trip was confusing to learn but easier to understand once I taught it to someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, this is a great product and I would say better than the last one I used at a different organization.

When used properly it can really help our accounting department keep our expenses organized and categorized well. We also can track where our Sales people are going and see what they are doing to provide a great experience and entice them to use our services.

Certify review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Do not waste your time or money!!!"

What do you like best?

They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.

What do you dislike?

Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there.

They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly.

The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time or money on this software! They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.

Certify has a great sales team, but that seems to be where the customer service ends and loads of issues begin.

We spent many weeks researching the best options for what we were looking for in an expense tracking software. We tried several trials and lastly ended with choosing Certify for the job. Talking with our sales rep, it sounded like a dream! He addressed each of our concerns and assured us everything we were looking for was within their app.

After we signed the contract, we experienced our first taste of what was to follow in how we were to be treated. We set up our first meeting to get started, and after confirming verbally, via email, and google calendar invite, our Account Manager was a no-show. No, follow up, emails, or calls to let us know either. We waited in the meeting link for 30 minutes before we reached out asking what had happened. The response we received was not of an apologetic one, but more of an “oops, I guess I forgot”. With this sort of response, we asked that an honour would be placed in that if the software was to not work for us, we could exit our contract without a penalty. Our sales rep agreed that this was a reasonable request, and confirmed we would have an exit option without penalty if their software did not work out for us.

We contacted our reps and let them know the software was not working for us. We tried, but it left us doing more work than our prior manual process. After requesting our account to be terminated, we were given penalties to be paid for exiting our contract agreement early. We asked why we were being charged after our rep agreed to no penalties, and their answer was that they resolved all of our questions and concerns. So because they gave us information on how to get around their faulty system, we had to pay the penalties for ending the contract.

Do not waste your time or money on this software!

Certify review by Dustin A.
Dustin A.

"Certify is fast and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the turn around times on reimbursement compared to the old route of filling out forms manually. I like the web interface compared to the phone interface

What do you dislike?

I think the phone app could be a little more user friendly. I use it to take a picture of receipts, but I'd like to be able to complete the whole process on the phone. I usually just log into the certify site after uploading the receipt and complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to those considering certify. It's ease of use and centralized format work well within our company.

I believe we're solving issues with record keeping and quickness of processes involving reimbursement of funds for employee fringe benefits and costs.

Certify review by Wendell J.
Wendell J.

"Certify is the Best Expense Report software I have every used"

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly, you take a snap shot of your receipt upload it a few more clicks and you are finished with your expense report. This is the fastest system I have ever used to create an expense report and my company does an excellent job of reimbursing funds within a day or two.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I do not like about Certify. The system is great and I am totally satisfied with all the features I am using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely need to try this product, you will love the ease and accuracy of your expense reports.

The benefits I have realized using Certify is that it allows me to keep track of my receipts in my phone, no more putting receipts in an envelope and hoping not to misplace a receipt. By keeping the receipts electronically I am able to complete my expense reports faster and more accurately. As a result, it allows for faster reimbursements and frees up available funds for any needed additional purchases.

"easy to use "

What do you like best?

the auto population for mileage and being able to add trips

What do you dislike?

fewer steps if possible when filling in the same routes

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I was sent my first reimbursement for some reason it was sent as a check and the people at ceritfy put in my wrong addressed. they first put the ownership of the mistake on me and then told me I had to send them a screen shot of my HR record to confirm my address. I sent that an was told they would follow up. Never did. I had gotten the check the next day and called them to ask if they had put a stop check and reissued the new check and the first operator couldn't answer and had to speak w/the same superviosor from the day before. Before listening to the issue she tells me first off that I have not allowed them time to correct my address. That wasn't the reason I had to call back. Horrbile support.

Tracking my business expenses in all areas. I never tracked before because the older method was to time consuming.

Certify review by Steven W.
Steven W.

"Easy, Fast and Convenient Why would you use anything else?"

What do you like best?

Takes me less time to do a month work of expenses than it took me to do a week with my previous company. Ease of use. Flexibility to use with my phone. Also it is intuitive and if I have chosen certain restaurants or Hotels it remembers them. That helps out a lot. The time savings, ease of use and having no hassle works for me. I can spend more time on day to day operations iwthout being bogged down on my expenses. This was a common frustration and dread with my previous company. Now when I take a few minutes a day and capture my receipts, all I spend is a quick doublecheck to confirm accuracy or if I missed anything.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would jump out to me is that it takes a little bit of time to get my reimbursement back. That can be significant if you are paying your credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My previous company should have used this instead of what they had. This is so much easier and effcient. If people spend a couple minutes a day on this, it is very easy to finsih and submit when my deadline is for reimbursement. The only way you could fall behind is by choice.,

Accuracy and speed for adding my expenses. Minutes a day to add and sort my receipts. You can put a price tag on time savings. I am much more efficient using this product.

Certify review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy and effcient to use with smartphones"

What do you like best?

With Certify, it's easy to enter my mileage and travel expenses on my smartphone no matter where I am. I can easily take photos of my receipt and upload them into the app. It's also a breeze to submit this information to my manager. The efficiency of the app means that I receive my reimbursement quickly without much of a wait.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Certify app will change the dates for my reimbursements - I assume there is a bug in the app that causes this. The app will not always allow me to correct the dates. I also wish that the app allowed me to upload screenshots or photos of receipts that are already stored in my phone instead of forcing me to take a photo within the app itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Certify to others since it's easy to use and it's available on smartphones.

I receive my travel reimbursements much faster with Certify than I did at my previous employer, which did not utilize Certify. I appreciate having a high-tech solution to travel reimbursement that I can utilize on my smartphone. The app interface is overall very user-friendly and I am always notified of status updates regarding my reimbursements.

Certify review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"Easy to use, great for travel"

What do you like best?

I am one who has a hard time keeping track of receipts, especially on my longer trips. With Certify, I take pictures as I go, stuff the receipts in my computer bag and hope for the best. If I lose one or one is too damaged to read, no problem, the pic is all I really need. The backend of Certify makes life easier for us accounting folks as well. The front end is way easier than Concur, but the back end is roughly equivalent in flexibility and user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

I have not found something to dislike about Certify

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our install of Certify lacks the module to support reservations and itinerary organization, but as a simple solution to track expense reports, it is cheap and easy to use and administer, and has reasonably good controls.

Unlike most of our software, we have yet to have a support issue post-implementation.

Our old system for travel was just everyone submitting expense reports on company cards. Now, people use their own cards, and we have never had late payment and the expense report liability is easy to balance.

Certify review by Randy P.
Randy P.

"Horrible if you have a lot of expenses or strange use case"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very nice, you can do alot on it. They spent some time here.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The Web app interface is horribly horribly slow if you have a lot of expenses.

I was sold something that was great, however they dont fully understand how their product works and while "technically" we can use Certify, It literally takes me a full minute to edit an expense if someone gets a category wrong.

They have a handy dandy "merge" feature that matches up receipts to charge, but if you have over 100 receipts THEY TURN IT OFF! Why? No one can answer this nor does anyone have a solution.

While they spent a lot of time on the phone app the web app they cut corners or limit you on purpose, Im not sure which. We are a web development company and it appalls me that they have this kind of user experience, and its worse because I am forced to use this now!

We are seeing random charges not import into Certify as well, so I have to audit the CC transactions because I cannot trust the system. So I will have to do everything twice!

If you have a lot of expenses, or are going to let them pile up, this will hurt.

I see there are 99% positive reviews on Certify so I can only think that:

1) We are a too large of a company to be Certify clients

2) We were way oversold on the capabilities of Certify

3) We fit a nice niche where our use case just doesn't mesh with their systems (why did they take our money?)

Im not sure which one is ours but I wish I never found them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are always going to have less than 50 transaction (they count receipt and charges seperately) then you'll probably be fine, if your going to NEVER let your receipts pile up you'll probably be fine.

I have realized triple the amount of time it takes me to finish reconciling my expenses due to the fact that I have to use this product. I paid up front for 18 months NEVER DO THIS. We had some important projects going on and let a couple months go by without reconciliation and its taking forever to catch up. If they had the Merge feature working all the time it would be much better.

Certify review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Certify is the Best Expense Reporting Tool for Any Size Company "

What do you like best?

Certify is so easy to use and it can do a number of different things. Even if you are only needing it to track spending, it allows you complete control. The mobile app is great and everyone loves using it. No more attaching receipts to a spreadsheet means, no more losing receipts or having to keep up with them. Just snap a photo of the receipt, load and sync. It is stored forever. There are different types of reports you can generate from Certify. Track and monitor spending is what we needed it for the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one thing I can say that is somewhat negative and that would be the not 100% accurate Autofill button. It helps if you have a clean receipt, but it does not always capture all of the information correctly and you still have to key in some of the information. This is minor in comparison to everything that Certify does and does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would highly recommend this product to any size company. Whether you have less than 40 to over 1000 employees. It is cost effective and simple to use.

We are able to track spending which created awareness for our marketing and travel expenses to be more conscious when booking travel.

Certify review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"CERTIFY is the best software for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

“I have used Certify many times over the past few years and have come to love it. It is very user friendly and keeps your history so to save time it automatically inputs your previous destinations as you type etc. You can keep a draft going so you can input once a day or weekly so that is a great feature. Not only is it easier than filling out old excel spreadsheets, it saves time by automatically e-mailing your direct supervisor for approval once it is submitted. I would recommend every company use this easy software for expense reporting.”

What do you dislike?

If you forget your password it takes a few steps to get a temporary one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should look into whether CERTIFY is a good fit for them. The employees will love it I guarantee it.

It solves the problem of using paperwork or excel spreadsheets to keep track of your business expenses and mileage. Much faster and more organized with CERTIFY.

Certify review by Suzanne G.
Suzanne G.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding support, product is easy to use. Certify handles all the back end implementation. Their employees are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. So far, we have not found any issues to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several products. It was important to find a company with good support, that was located in the United States, easy to use, and cost effective. From the moment I spoke with Certify I was impressed. No heavy sales pitch, just an information filled call. The product sells itself.

We were in desperate need of an updated expense program. One that our travelling consultants could use easily, from anywhere. Whether you are tech savvy or not, this product is easy to use. It makes my job so much easier.

Certify review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Certify makes my employee reimbursements simple and faster"

What do you like best?

How quickly my reimbursements are processed.

What do you dislike?

Just the confusion of implementing and using a new tool in general. I don't even count this against this product specifically.. as it pertains to any new company-wide product "generally speaking".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I guarantee it will simply the whole process for you. The best advice i could possibly give anyone is as simple as that.. Just try it and see. You won't ever want to go back to using anything else once you do.

Eliminating the constant emailing of spreadsheets to Managers and HR in order to track expenses, request approvals, and having to save them all on my laptop. Additionally, this basically allows you save and store receipts as well.

Certify review by Frances G.
Frances G.

"So simple and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Our company started using Certify about a year or so ago and I love how simple and user friendly the process is! You just pick your date, use your code of what it was for (mileage, cell phone reimbursement, etc.) and save your information. I love being able to just send a picture of a receipt directly from my phone and not having to bother with scanning them in every time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. You just choose what you need reimbursement for and submit! Only additional information would be to add a receipt if you have one and that's just as simple!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Certify!

Using the certify process just minimizes errors on your expense reports. Everything is there to be filled in and it eliminates all the paper trails. Just submit electronically and your manager will receive an email informing him/her that an expense report is ready to review!

Certify review by David J.
David J.

"Intuitive and Well Supported Online Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

The system just works well with very little need for IT support. Our users caught on quickly and are able to access the 24/5 support when they have questions. There have been no real issues for us since we switched.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it took a littile bit of time for me to figure out how to set up the approval flows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Certify to anyone looking for an online expense reimbursment service.

We had may major headaches with our previous provider TriNet Expense and were looking for a better solution that was fairly priced with great support. We found that with Certify.

Certify review by Rose N.
Rose N.

"Certify Saved My Job!"

What do you like best?

Certify saved time for our staff, managers, and accountants. It is so EASY to use and set up it makes every step of implementing to using the product easy.

What do you dislike?

I need more information on updates, when they happen and what has changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Certify in leu of traditional paper reports or even competition like Expensify because the customer service is Quality! Every step of the way I feel supported and I am always offered continued education to better be able to use the tools. It makes my sales team happy when using it, and my mangers happy they don't have to spend a lot of timing reviewing it because it is so easily formatted. As the admin and accountant role, I have lots of data to pull reports and visibility to accessing and supporting whole team. It has great improve all aspects of expenses for us.

We saved our staff from losing expense receipts, and saved time at all levels of processing credit card expenses and reimbursements. I also love knowing there are always digital copies and I don't have to print all the documents to save resources because environmental conscientiousness is very valuable to my companys mission.

Certify review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Certify User"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of the receipt when the transaction takes place and not having to save printed receipts. I can take a picture right at the time of the transaction and not have to worry about keeping track of my receipts.

What do you dislike?

Some receipts are printed too light and I need to make corrections to the autofill. There really is not anything to dislike about this product. At least not for the features I utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program is straight forward to use.

This saves time for the employee submitting the expense, the manager approving the expense and the accounts payable department for handling. Since it is so easy to use, you can take pictures of the receipt at the time of the transaction and you no more have to keep track of paper receipts and/or worry about not being able to find a receipt for reimbursement.

Certify review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Simplifies life."

What do you like best?

All information fits together nicely, and the approval process is streamlined.

What do you dislike?

Can't create (or can't find) a way to submit a purchase without tying it to a Report, unlike with the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, it is a great time-saving tool. As someone who has to approve other users, it is nice to have all of the information readily available when the form is submitted. You can review the information for accuracy, view the receipt, and approve it to the next level or deny it within minutes.

Company credit card purchases, travel and mileage.

Certify review by Milena V.
Milena V.

"Save your time and keep the money safe"

What do you like best?

Certify lets you have an easy and quick reports on traveling. You can build it with new infos in no time during the travel.

What do you dislike?

I can't find really anything that is not so good at moment with the service. There was a time when you have problems with autofillng infos. But now everything is back to normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easier than usign and Excel spreadsheet and even fastest. Just try it if you get the change. You will be happy for this.

Now I do not have to travel with the idea that I've to store and collect and do not loose anything from my travel. Now I feel myself free and weel organized.

Certify review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Certify is Life Changing"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to snap pictures of receipts and upload on the go, no more keeping up with tons of paper!

What do you dislike?

The app isn't the greatest, when you are creating an expense report, it opens the website inside the app, so not the best interface on a phone.

Certify makes the submission and approval of expense reports so much quicker. I don't have to wait for my supervisor to wade through a stack of papers on this desk, he just goes online when the gets the email to review and approve within minutes.

Certify review by Marty C.
Marty C.

"happy user"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy. I like the expense turn around time. I like that it allows me to deal with less paperwork less filing and less follow up requirements. I like the idea that i get individual e mails for every step of the process from submittal to acceptance and to final processing. I Like the convenience of having the ability to capture an expense reciept at the time of purchase and fill in the particulars and details right then.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have certain fields " set able" could make a great app Fantastic. If There were 3-4 fields that could be settable in setings it would lessen expense filing even further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It woud be very helpful if i could set my branch and cost center and not have to enter it for each expense.

Automation via the phone app allows less time to be re imbursed, less paperwork to handle and more accurate accounting of expenses that sometime fall through the cracks. I copy my expense reciepts as they are incurred and it is very simple to draft and submit an expense report. I can also fill in details and monitor an area where i"m incurring expense and match to areas where i'm making sales. It also allows me to detail the proper branch and cost center where the expense belongs as it is happening. a perfect example is where i had 2 customers from 2 different branches and broke up those expenses accordingly.

Certify review by User in Packaging and Containers
User in Packaging and Containers

"Super Easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to submit expenses into draft when they occur so they do not get lost in the shuffle of traveling or day to day activities. I also like that you are notified of the progress each expense is making in the approval process. This becomes important especially when you might have more then 1 going through the process at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had 1 bad experiencve with Certify to have anything to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although my experience is strictly for processing of expense reports, I'd highly recommend Certify to co-workers and other companies. The amount of time and expense that is saved is worth the change. It is easy to learn and very flexible.

The benefit of processing expense reports in a more timely fashion.

Certify review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Certify makes it so easy!!!"

What do you like best?

The ease of submitting expenses. The old paper and mail system was so much more time consuming and getting the reimbursements took so much longer.

What do you dislike?

I seem to have issues when I try to use the mobile app. I can do the website on my phone just fine but the app doesn't ever want to synch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing expense reimbursement the old stone age way, give Certify a shot. They will streamline your process.

Being able to upload receipts as I go is a huge time saver.

Certify review by Savannah  B.
Savannah B.

"Certify saves time and catches possible errors while speeding up reimbursement. "

What do you like best?

I like how quickly the reports are finished and the way Certify can screen for possible errors and duplicates.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some of the formatting shows up. For example, it takes a long time to find a particular charge. I would like it more if the vendors were listed along side the category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the tutorial! It made the process much more clear to me and highlighted features I hadn't yet discovered.

The main benefit for me is productivity: the reports are finished quickly and reimbursement happens in a matter of days.

Certify review by W. Devin W.
W. Devin W.

"We Love Certify"

What do you like best?

I love that my business credit card is linked to Certify so that every time a charge hits my credit card, an expense is generated in my expense report section. This makes it easy to ensure that I don't forget any expenses in my report. I also love how easy it is to send and attach receipts.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the automated expense reports to happen. I still have to go in every month to create my expense reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a great software upgrade for our team. We have loved using it. It helps us streamline our expense processing in ways we never thought possible before.

We signed up because we were tired of having employees submit incomplete expense reports late. Certify has helped us track and turn in receipts more accurately and on time than ever before.

Certify review by Brenda W.
Brenda W.

"Certify is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that I can start an expense report at the beginning of the month and add to it when I have expenses. This helps me from having to keep records. I also like the mobile feature. It is so easy to upload receipts. I have not found anything I do not like about Certify...it is SO much easier than paper expense reports!

What do you dislike?

I truly do not dislike anything about Certify. It is so much easier than using and submitting paper expense reports!

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and convenient!

Record keeping. Keeping mileage or going to another website to calculate mileage from one location to another! I have realized not losing reimbursements due to losing receipts or forgetting to submit an expense report. I can submit a report weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. That is SO convenient for me!

Certify review by Maria J.
Maria J.

"Best investment ever! "

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly and saves hundreds of hours in expense reporting. Is very easy and is efficient, all employees now focus on other items besides having to deal with hard copy - expenses and have become more organized with this simple program. On the accounting side, this program provides tons of reports in detail for all AP related reporting and is less time consuming.

What do you dislike?

Up to this moment, there is nothing that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate on switching over, your employees will thank you!

Went from paper expenses to electronic filing. More organization, more efficiency, less time dealing with expenses and tons of paperwork.

Certify review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Certify Review"

What do you like best?

Compiling entries into expense reports is easy. Having a mobile option to enter information is super useful and really the only way I use it.. Autofill with receipts is convenient. The "save and add segment" button is awesome because it helps you to enter multiple legs of travel quickly.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes when a sync fails it creates duplicate entries that I have to manually delete.

2. There isn't an option for you to save and add another leg of a trip unless you start from work which is really annoying because I regularly start from home on travel that is not round trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with a stable connection so your items sync properly. Enter receipts as you get them instead of waiting until the end of the month.

It helps to track mileage and expenses which is useful and it generally easy to navigate.

Certify should consider implementing a notification to complete a mileage entry when you've started or finished a trip. Also, please move the "save and add segment" to the travel from home option as well.

Certify review by Javier L.
Javier L.

"Useful, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Certify is the kind of software every company should have. It's useful and very easy to use. To have all your expenses organized just in very single steps is an advantage. I like the possibility that I can prepare my expenses report in a professional way.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have nothing to complain about this software. I have used it in my expenses reports, in my travel as well. Nothing negative for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggested to my other previous companies about this software, to safe time and money.

I am having all my expenses information very well organized, something that I had to do by myself in Excel spreadsheets. Now I have everything with maps included. I like the way we can report the expenses using credit cards.

Certify review by John S.
John S.

"certify"

What do you like best?

its the easiest expense software ive used. everything is filled in super quickly and its very intuitive. the mobile act is amazing and you dont even need to do anything online. it fills in everything very quickly...i dont even have to think about it which is exaclty what i want when i am on the road and i just want to get reimbursed quickly

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything i dont like. the app loads super quickly and never crashes. my boss likes it when we use it so it works for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely give it a try. i think it definitely works

submitting my expenses are 100 times easier. i just snap a picture of the receipt right when i get it.

Certify review by Monica B.
Monica B.

"Anticipates needs"

What do you like best?

Certify makes my life so much easier when it comes to being reimbursed for the travel I encounter, due to my job. I can just take a picture of my receipts, submit them through the app, and in no time I receive reimbursement for for expenses. Even when I’m in the middle of nowhere, I can store the image of the receipt in the app, and submit once I have internet connection.

What do you dislike?

I find the app to be a little laggy at times when uploading, regardless of my connection. I sometimes have to resubmit a time or two before it processes.

Before I used to lose receipts before I could submit them to accounting. Now, I just take a picture once I receive my receipt. I don’t have a purse full of paper anymore.

Certify review by Administrator

"Easy to Use Expense Mgmt Tool"

What do you like best?

Certify is very intuitive to the point that many of our users just started using it successfully before taking the training and were able to do the basics. The support is exceptional for us - the knowledge base can answer most questions but if not a quick chat will or a support ticket gets a response in 24 hrs or less.

What do you dislike?

From the admin side it would be helpful to have more access control in order to better distinguish between system admin and business operational control.

We have moved from a paper based system to electronic and all of the benefits of that, including improved accuracy, reduced manual processes, improved timeliness and automating the accounting processes.

"Excellente every time"

What do you like best?

You can upload the receipts by sending them to one email address, so you never lose a receipt, and it shows the subject line when you do your expense report. This makes it very easy and not that time consuming.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing that bothers me, it is overall a very good process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It saves a lot of money considering how easy it is to use, and how much paper you can safe while going completely digital.

I am saving a lot of time doing my expense report, and I am also saving a lot of time verifying the expense report of my team. Further it is digital so you don't waste any paper.

Certify review by Jeffrey J.
Jeffrey J.

"VP-Business Lending"

What do you like best?

The product allows a very easy solution of keeping track of your expense receipts

What do you dislike?

The receipts don't always autofill, so you need to watch that all information is saved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and provides great organization of your receipts

Keeping track of multiple receipts and the proper classification of the expenses. Organization is excellent with being able to take a picture of the receipt as soon as you have it and get the expense properly classified immediately.

Certify review by daryl B.
daryl B.

"I don't hate my expense reports anymore"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use -no more paper. Ability to take photos right from phone and autop draft report is excellent

What do you dislike?

Can't access old expense reports from mobile app

It use to take me hours to complete my expense reports becuase I was digging for receipts and or I lost receipts. Certify makes it easy because I can snap a photo of my receipt right when the expense is incurred and it is stored until I am ready

Certify review by Blake S.
Blake S.

"Simple, easy, and effective"

What do you like best?

Their system is extremely intuitive. I upload my receipts via my phone or forward email receipts to certify and it auto-populates all the required information. I take a picture, press 'autofill' and everything shows up exactly how I want it, with little hiccup. It's extremely quick to use. My expenses have taken me several hours beforehand at my other job while using certify, my expenses take me 10 minutes and it's sent out for approval. Once my expenses are approved, payment is within 3 days and I have seen the transfer to my bank before those 3 days are up too.

What do you dislike?

There is not very much that I don't like. Certify operates pretty efficiently. Some of the minor issues only come up infrequently. An example would be that some of our categories don't fully apply to a given situation, but this is most likely due to the fact that we haven't made the category instead of it being a certify issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of anything. As the user on the front end, I have no recommendations. Possibly more categories to fill in for each expense. I'm not sure if certify is the one who supplies the names or if it's our company. I recommend this product from my personal usage simply because it does everything I need it to very simply without hassle

What we resolve is the time taken in filling out tons of forms, amassing piles of paper receipts into my wallet, and organizing all the expenses for reconciliation. On the back-end, accounting benefit from having an organized and intuitive system to streamline this process (I imagine)

"Very user friendly! "

What do you like best?

The site is user friendly and app makes it nice to use on the go. I get all new employees set up on the tool and it is easy to walk them through how to use it!

What do you dislike?

I think the app could use some updating with being able to create an expense report and submitting for approval from that. Our employees often ask about the app being more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and easy to navigate as an employee/user or admin.

No business problems with Certify. It has been a great tool for our organization to use and appreciate all the resources on the site for sharing to new employees on how to submit/approve/etc.

Certify review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"App is Almost Useless"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with Concur and I like the ability to generate expense reports from receipts.

What do you dislike?

The app is almost useless. You can capture receipts with your phone camera which is nice. There is an option to have the app “read” the receipt to fill in information like date, vendor, and dollar amount. This function doesn’t work - it comes up with the absolute wrong information - even the date. Weird. So, you have to hand enter all of this info for each receipt. Even saving this hand-entered information, the app changes the dates on your entries. I was about to go nuts continually having to change the dates. You can generate a report from the app, but if the dates won’t “stick” your expense report is useless. Ugh. So, if you like to take pics of receipts, this works, but getting the info captured correctly will require you to use the program on your computer as well, which almost negates the value of the whole program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program works great on computer, but the app needs a lot of work - it’s really buggy.

Tool to create expense reports. It feeds into Concur, which somehow integrates with our Oracle payment software.

Certify review by juan d.
juan d.

"Todos los gastos al dia."

What do you like best?

Crear informes sobre los gastos y enviarlos. Puedo utilizar la aplicacion del movil y tambien puedo usar el ordenador segun sea mas comodo por la situacion y este donde este puedo seguir usandolo.

What do you dislike?

A veces la opcion de autocompletar puede no funcionar muy bien y se mezclan los datos por lo que puede resultar mas lioso.

Me ayuda a poder subir los recibos, pudiendo escanearlos o autocompletar la informacion.

Obtener la información codificada de la manera que la necesitan. Certify es genial, puedes acceder a los recibos desde cualquier lugar una vez que los haya capturado. Puede tomar una foto de el recibo con el teléfono o cargarla desde los archivos.

Certify review by User

"Certify is quick, easy and effective"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive the process is in Certify to complete my expense report. The approval process flow with updates also makes it easy to track the progress of my expense report.

What do you dislike?

I seem to be unable to see my expense reports after I submit them. I often want to see last months to copy some expenses over but I just end up making a brand new one from scratch. I might be missing a feature though.

I am solving the problem of me getting reimbursed for my work related expenses. The benefits realized are the dollars in my pocket. Certify helps me keep track of every expense to make sure I am not getting short changed.

Certify review by Armando J.
Armando J.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the app, it is very user friendly and allows me to finish my reports in minutes. Before that it used to take me forever to submit an expense report.

What do you dislike?

Your receipts pictures stay in the app even after you "Sync" them with your account and your expense report has been approved.

I can take a picture of my meal's receipts right at the table and it doesn't matter if I loose them after that.

Certify review by David W.
David W.

"Great tool for handling expense reporting."

What do you like best?

I like that Certify automatically handles importing transactions made on my corporate expense card. I can take pictures of my receipts and upload them through the Certify app. Another method, useful for multi-page receipts (like for airfare/car/hotel receipts that are 1 or more pages) is to email them to data@certify.com..

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Certify do a better job of matching transactions/entries to submitted receipts. Currently you have to edit each entry to attach a receipt. Sometimes the interface is very slow. Updating the Android app to make it easier would also be a big improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User experience is very good.

This system helps to automate the process of submitting, reviewing, and approving expense reports and receipts. It has allowed our company to offshore the review process, which has reduced the amount of time it takes to get the expenses reimbursed. It has removed the need for me to hold onto a pile of paperwork and reconcile transactions manually.

Certify review by User in Higher Education

"No Fail Expense Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

My favorite function of Certify is that there is multiple methods to adding receipts to your wallet on the site.

What do you dislike?

I like the option to add travel policies on Certify, it would be nice to have a travel budget integration for our staff to see how much they are allowed to spend for meals and miscellaneous expenses. It would be great to see this in the form of a mobile notification each day of their trip.

Certify speeds up the expense approval process for our organization. With all of our invoices and receipts loaded to the site my manager can see the company's expenses in real time. Certify has also decreased the number of receipts lost especially, during travel with the convenience of the mobile app our staff can capture receipts while they are at a restaurant.

"satisfactory"

What do you like best?

The mobile app. It has auto fill and picks up the location and vendor, it even picks up the amount paid. The mobile app seriously saves me time. Every time I get a receipt I just take a picture of it and upload it and keep moving on.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I cant approve any expenses with the mobile app. If only there was a way to do everything with the mobile app. it times I have no computer around but need to approve and expense and it is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The mobile app is seriously the easiest thing to use

millage verification and credit card expense verification.

Certify review by Tenia D.
Tenia D.

"Expenses for business"

What do you like best?

I like that certify has an email that will automatically compile your expenses for a report.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the email does not recognize multiple receipts on one email. Also, I think the approval process is stupid as I have to approve an expense and then submit it for reimbursement to an employee. If I approved it, it should automatically pay out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is basic and has a decent user interface. Not good for handling multiple expenses at one time. Need to enter each one separately.

Solving the issue of having receipts all over. The system is for tracking and approving expenses for staff or myself that we pay out of pocket and then need to be reimbursed for.

Certify review by Edward D.
Edward D.

"Fast and easy"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is great. It’s very easy to take a picture of a receipt and upload them to your portfolio. Charges on the corporate card automatically load to the wallet.

What do you dislike?

The drop down menus on the mobile app use the wheel approach to scroll down to the selection you want. It’s not bad if there is a short list but a pain when the list is long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product and support. Easy to use and well controlled.

It’s easy to add expenses and receipts. Items out of policy are automatically flagged for attention before you submit the report. T&E payments are made quickly once approved.

Certify review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Easy Expensing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's easy to upload and edit receipts for quick expensing.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about Certify.

Keeping track of expenses quickly and easily. I can upload everything and take care of it myself instead of putting it in the hands of other's to be done. I can submit it whenever I'd like and am sure that everything is done correctly.

Certify review by Deryk  C.
Deryk C.

"Certify Review - Deryk Chase"

What do you like best?

This program is very simple and convenient to use. It has cut the amount of time I used to spend completing expense reports by 10 fold. I really like the fact that receipts and expenses "marry" automatically in the system.

What do you dislike?

I find itemizing challenging - removing expenses from one receipt and categorizing them for another expense type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no brainer.

Time management. I have more time for other sales driving activities.

Certify review by Lori  B.
Lori B.

"Hassle free expense management"

What do you like best?

The mobile app allows me to take a snapshot of the receipt in real time, this way I don't run the risk of losing/misplacing my receipts. Another feature I enjoy is the credit card integration where it will link a previously uploaded receipt in my Wallet to the credit card charge.

What do you dislike?

I have used Certify for a little over a year now and have yet to find a dislike. I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't already, you need to get Certify. It is an excellent product that is so easy to use. You can't go wrong.

Ability to include additional comments including a detailed description of the expense before submitting.

Certify review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Certify 2018"

What do you like best?

Certyify is extremely easy to use and pick up quickly. I started using Certify in August and took me less than a day to master. The ability to export as a PDF and/or excel file is very useful.

What do you dislike?

The program could do a better job of of alerting when there is a duplicate expense or when something has been expensed before in a past report.

Doing a crazy number of expenses each month is streamlined with this very basic program.

"Certify T&E Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Our field team use Certify's mobile app daily. Creating an expense report is easy and quick. The reports available give an accounting of expenses through multiple parameters and can be downloaded to either excel or PDF files. Great for month end accruals.

What do you dislike?

Certify's travel agent doesn't always have the best flight schedules or pricing. Booking event flights is not as accurate as it should be. We have had errors in scheduling and were charged assistance fees to correct their mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify is an easy to implement and use T&E platform. I recommend new comers to speak with Certify about their reporting needs.

No paper receipts! Reports and receipts are stored electronically and are easy to retrieve Our administrator can solve most issues in house. Expense reporting is on a schedule making reimbursement quicker. The upload to our accounting system makes month closing easier and more accurate. .

"very user freindly"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload receipts. I take a photo of my receipt with my cell phone and email it in. It also has other ways to submit but this works for me.

What do you dislike?

not really anything. The system is user friendly. If you click on things you can generally figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly. I use mostly the desktop version. But I send in my receipts from pictures on my cell phone. Once I email in the photo, it automatically syncs when I choose to sync the receipts with the charges. Really easy to use!.

people get paid quickly and are able to see what stage their expense report is in without having to call and ask.

Certify review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy and Simple!"

What do you like best?

The app is awesome, makes it easy to track receipts with a quick photo/scan and done! No more drawer of crumpled up papers at the end of each month.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, maybe if the app had a notification feature that would remind you at the end of each billing period to submit and sync your reports.

I can only review my personal experience, but I think Certify solves the tedious timing of traditional expense input. Also is a great way to update expenses while out traveling since it can be done anywhere thru the app and not only on your desktop.

User in Retail

"Extremely to easy to use, if given instructions"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the platform is, as well as the simplicity of it. It is nice because there are several platforms I can use, other than just desktop. I can utilize mobile as well as in an app. Additionally, I have the capability to upload a pic on the app, email it or manually upload on the desktop.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to understand at first, and all tutorials are video. I would appreciate if it was able to have written directions. My first 3 reports took forever to figure out how to sync receipts and expenses together. Once I learned, it was a breeze!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SUPER EASY TO USE, QUICK AND SIMPLE

This makes the reporting and expense system within the company extremely easy. Filters all reports to one person to process with ease

Certify review by Gos Y.
Gos Y.

"One stop tool for expense reimbursement and management"

What do you like best?

The well defined process which easily follow. Batch uploading the receipts is superb. Choosing the right receipt and then describe the expenses are very easy. Also easy to add the additional charges for every single item like extra currency conversion fee etc. All makes it a great tool in the daily operation especially the expense management.

What do you dislike?

If you forgot the receipt uploading initially and you already have started expensing the items, you have to go back to my wallet to upload the receipt by having to interrupt the expense claiming. This can be done better by allowing to upload the receipts in parallel with expense description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to manage the expenses for both personal and business purpose. It's well defined processes and state-of-art design will give everyone a superb experience when they will get away from the suffering experience of expense claiming in the past ...

I used this tool to claim all my business expenses and it went pretty well. The process goes fast and the claim can be done in one business day.

Certify review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"One of the easiest websites to use. "

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. After going through one trial of the software, it was pretty self explanatory after that. My favorite feature is the ability to send receipts from your email (that is connected to certify) to the date certify email and by sending it there, the receipt will automatically show up in "your wallet." Another feature that I like is the ability of the product to automatically input receipt amounts. For the most part, it is correct, with an occasional mistake here and there, but nonetheless it is a great feature making the product easy to use. Another interesting feature is the ability to rate places that you have attended such as restaurants, etc.

What do you dislike?

At times, when the approval process is happening and there are more than two or three individuals that must approve it, the user receives email updates in regards to the process. Although it is convenient and helpful to know, at times it is just to many emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use!

Organization of reimbursements and allowing the process to be easy is being solved. Benefits include how easy it is to use an online website for reimbursements, making the process for multiple teams in a business, easy.

Certify review by Angie M.
Angie M.

"A great way to simplify expenses"

What do you like best?

This is the first company I've worked at where an online expense report program was used. I must say it makes things much simpler. The organization, the ability to copy and paste recurring expenses, the ability to check on a completed report status, all make compiling expenses and submitting reports that much easier.

What do you dislike?

The inability to delete an imported expense. I realize there are likely security reasons for it, but if it's an incorrect expense, I want to be able to fix it.

The benefits are being able to use a streamlined expense program to submit reports for myself, a manager and two directors. There are two different departments that I work for, and it helps that I can use the same program to submit reports by changing accounts, changing users for which I am delegated, and being able to copy repeat expenses (e.g. mileage for recurring meetings) as needed.

Certify review by David B.
David B.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. I did not find it difficult. I have noticed that this product is very user friendly. Even though I have not used every single feature I am still learning the software I try and look at each option to see what their is to know about this product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I don't like about it. Everything seems really user friendly. Since I have rarely had a chance to use all of the software I haven't had a chance to fully know how well and unwell this product really is. so far its amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having to up date the snapshot of recipes to copy all information in the system.

Just trying to make sure I keep track of all the receipts and miles I use while on business trips or training. There fore this is a great product to use to make sure that everything I need is organized.

Certify review by Kyle O.
Kyle O.

"Vast improvement for us over excel and pdf receipts"

What do you like best?

I'm the assistant controller and Certify System Administrator. We are coming from Excel w/pdf receipts. Overall the system is a huge improvement over our former process at a reasonable price point.

I like the approval workflow and reports.

I like the mobile app for capturing receipt images. I like that I can access other users accounts to help them trouble shoot issues they experience.

What do you dislike?

Certify does not integrate with Intacct accounting software.

Entering expense reports can be frustrating, until you get the hang of it.

We can't split a user's expense data into 2 (or more) departments.

The Optical Character recognition could be better.

I wish I could default every expense to reimbursable or remove that toggle (when I use auto fill on the mobile app It switches to Non reimbursable which is very annoying).

I can't edit receipts or expenses in the wallet, they have to be included in a report before I can edit them.

Every two weeks is not an option for a default reimbursement schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it integrates with your General Ledger. Or make sure you are OK with downloading a report to get the data out.

Certify has given us more visibility into expenses. It provides automated flagging for out of policy, stale or potential duplicate expenses. It allows us to hold the approves more accountable and provide corrective actions that is visible to the approve and user for future reference.

Certify review by Tanya F.
Tanya F.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The app is very easy to use and takes much less time to process than our old ways of completing our expense reports.

What do you dislike?

I think it might be beneficial to have more instruction within the app that tells you what your next steps are. Scanning receipts and entering in the data is easy but after you do that you're not really sure what to do and how to process it. I think if there is a possibly a pop up notification or something where after you add your receipts, you are prompted to continue on. Perhaps say, "Are you ready to submit your expense report?".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and really easy for users to add receipts and submit expense reports in a very timely and efficient manner.

We used to use spreadsheets to enter in all of our expenses. We needed to save all of the receipts and follow all of the steps listed to make sure we were listing everything out accurately before we could submit it and wait a few weeks for our money to be paid back. It took a lot of effort even for the smallest of expenses. This program makes everything so much easier and you can work on it right away instead of waiting until you're all done and then entering all of your items.

Certify review by Administrator in Wine and Spirits
Administrator in Wine and Spirits

"Very clear interface and easy to use for management"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and simple to use. Fast uploading and quick camera. Also, the categories for each is well rounded and offers a lot of options. The opportunity to ask each employee a question and provide the edit box help enormously and facilitate a quick response and edit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface goes off center and I need to restart. Might be a function of the iPhone app. The auto read doesn't really work for general expense receipts; use more time correcting than entering manually. There is a redundancy in the dates as you input the first time and it again asks you before submitting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point I quite like the format and ease of use.

Easy to check each receipt and validate each expense quickly. Again, the application is fast, clear and easily editable. Providing feedback and asking questions to employees is easy. Other benefits include the mobile application and access to ok expenses anywhere, anytime.

"Andrew"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is easy to upload documents quickly. It also helps get approvals faster which helps the user get reimbursed sooner than later.

What do you dislike?

The chain can hold things up. Someone higher should be able to override if needed. I also feel that the approval process shouldn't consist of as many people, however, that could be due to the company and not so much an issue with certify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that new users explore using mobile app. This is very useful when you are traveling and you do not need to keep track of all of your receipts since you can upload pictures of your receipt while out and about with no need to keep all your receipts, or worry about loosing them.

I don't like when it takes weeks to get an approval. I feel that it should be able to have an expense approved within the same week, not in one to two months.

Certify review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Easy way to get reimbursed "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use certify. I can capture my receipts on the go with the iPhone app and fill in the details later when I have time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Expenses can be time-consuming, but’s Certify makes it a breeze.

Scanning my receipts into one easy to work with application. Our company can customize the application to our business needs (expense types and categories)

Certify review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Gets things done quick from my phone"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use from a mobile device and i also enjoy the auto fill feature even though it never fills in everything

What do you dislike?

Not to many issues with it. With deleted reciepts were saved somewere incase i make a mistake

no problems really getting solved on my end, but its very benneficial to be able to email recipts that sync easily in the app

Certify review by Tracey N.
Tracey N.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that Certify is easy to use and I can take pictures of mt receipts on my mobile device right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a little confused going back and forth online from my receipts to my wallet. And I can't add an expense until it generates my automatic report.

Instead of pasting, copying and scanning all of our receipts, we can now take a picture in the app. The receipt is now in the software, no need to hang on to a paper receipt.

"Excellent and useful"

What do you like best?

The application is excellent when it comes to keeping track of your travel expenses. the best thing is that I can access them from any device with internet access. and the best thing is that the information is saved in the cloud

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complicated and cumbersome to use, it takes a long time to assemble invoices. but it's a good way to keep a safe record of your cats on a trip, and most importantly everything is saved in the cloud, so yes, it's worth all those clicks that I must do to upload the cats of a trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The application has many details to correct, but in my opinion it has great potential, its easy access storage from any mobile device with internet access makes it unique. We must always try new applications, this is undoubtedly one of those

I have generated more work when using the application, but the backup I have of the information and the easy access, compensates for everything cumbersome, sometimes I go to the same travel site and do not remember how much I spend on a certain product, but now with this application I can access all that information.

for now I am using the test method to see what future the application has.

Certify review by Richie S.
Richie S.

"Certify has made my expense report easier than before."

What do you like best?

I like that I can take pictures of my receipts and save time and focus on my tasks at hand.

What do you dislike?

Sometime auto-fill is not accurate depending on quality of the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try it out and see the difference.

Manual and time consuming old process of expense reports are a hassle . Saving time and effort is realized when using Certify.

Certify review by Cory K.
Cory K.

"Simple to use and fast"

What do you like best?

That i can take photos of receipts from my phone and upload them to my wallet.

What do you dislike?

nothing on the certify side has caused me to dislike the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be sorry. This product is solid.

Getting my business expenses reimbursed in a timely manner. This portal interface makes it easy to confirm my expenses and ensure i didn't forget anything.

Certify review by David C.
David C.

"A simple solution for T&E reporting"

What do you like best?

I love the MapIt! feature to determine mileage reimbursement. I'm often required to drive to the home office and inputting a starting and ending address is wonderful.

I also really like the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Sometime emails that I've sent to receipts@certify.com don't appear in my wallet.

I wish I could upload two receipts with one expense. For example, the itemized food bill plus the receipt (with Tip) or a hotel bill with an itemized dinner bill charged to the room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When uploading receipts, don't accidentally create a second expense. The wallet will do that for you. Also, get the mobile app. It saves time when dining out.

Easy expense reporting. I'm an end user, so I don't know the true ROI.

User in Retail

"Works well from a customer standpoint."

What do you like best?

From a customer standpoint, it is relatively easy to submit a claim. Since that is mostly all the average employee will ever perform it does its core function very well.

What do you dislike?

I think that the system can be a little difficult to navigate for things that lay outside the realm of just simply submitting an expense. This can be challenging for employees when they need to check on a claim, although it isn't impossible for them to manage... it can be difficult for some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see a demo for the accounting teams that are going to be utilizing this the most. How the system will work for you and what other systems you currently have. It is definitely a case by case situation if it is a fit for your organization.

Automating the expense reporting is the largest thing achieved by this system. There is no paper, and the employee can do it on their own time at their own pace.

Certify review by Administrator

"Saved me time and accuracy"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can review everything in one place and that it's easy to change things if needed or send inquiries to the users if I have questions. I think all around it's a good expense reporting system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more training on the reporting. Getting a better understanding of what all of the reporting does would be very helpful. There is a reporting class that I took but I would have like it to go into more detail.

Getting the cost of what we are spending within all of our travel accounts.

Certify review by User

"Easy to use, eliminates carrying around receipts during business trips."

What do you like best?

The app which allows my to take pictures of receipts is by far the greatest asset to Certify. It allows me to take pictures of receipts and then discard the receipts rather than carry or lose them for the duration of a business trip.

What do you dislike?

The sync function should be automatic when uploading. I worry that one of the receipt pictures will get lost before I get a chance to sync the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll see how much better it is than manual expense reporting. It also has integration with your credit card, Lyft, and Uber.

Delayed expense reporting. Certify allows for quick generation of expense reports.

Certify review by Denise R.
Denise R.

"Intuitive and Great Support"

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive interface and seamless transition our company went through to implement Certify. I've rarely had to use support because the tool is that easy, but when I have the support has been fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the smart categories are off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have many options for support straight from the application so utilize that during testing.

Efficient expense processing.

Certify review by burke h.
burke h.

"great and easy experience"

What do you like best?

photos and prepopulated fields. Like how it is to the point and when you leave something out, the form asks you to re-submit exactly what is missing.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. my company provided us with your tutorial and it made the process very user friendly

less hassle in photocopies and loss of paper receipts all the way up to submit day.

"Workflow Enhancer"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload receipt as soon as I receive them. This prevents my travelers from losing receipts and from submitting receipts that have been in their pockets or wallets and have become unreadable.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if receipts were to sinc upon upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how many expense reports you will actually need to file on a monthly basis. Make sure that you purchase the correct plan for you business.

Fluid and on time expense submissions. Before we purchased Certify, my travelers would wait sometimes months before submitting expense reports. This prevented me from accurately gauging monthly operating costs.

Certify review by William L.
William L.

"Responsive Support Makes Certify a Winner"

What do you like best?

Certify's recently refreshed interface was a welcome upgrade. They're support staff is always willing to field recommendations and implements them speedily. Great for remote work and approvals.

What do you dislike?

I would have said the creaky interface, but their recent update really took care of that problem. Better integration with our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) would help.

Certify simplifies the creation of expense reports for our staff by providing paperless handling of receipts, by automatically scanning and entering receipt information from mobile phone photos, and by auto-generating weekly expense reports. It also reduces approval time with automatic approval of expense reports that are within travel policy limits.

Certify review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Certify, Easy to Use/Train"

What do you like best?

Certify made expense tracking very easy for offsite medical trips/care and for tracking of expenses at conferences etc. It also allowed us to stay compliant with regulations, etc. We utilized this through our Salesforce integration which made it able to speak with our contact information.

What do you dislike?

We utilized the mobile version while on the run that allows us to use mobile devices to upload/update expense information - there were some glitches with this version and low performance, etc. - unless connected to wifi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify offers a mobile component which is good to use for people that are always on the run - which is most people who are trying to use expense reporting. From my understanding, there are many integrations that Certify works with - we personally used the Salesforce integration which allowed us to track expenses via contact and business name.

Expense tracking and reporting.

Certify review by Ariel W.
Ariel W.

"Worst app, clunkiest process I've ever experienced in an expense solution"

What do you like best?

That I only have to use this sparingly - once a month I spend an agonizing hour or two trying to get through an expense report but thankfully it's only once a month.

What do you dislike?

Everything - the app crashes constantly and Support is incredibly unhelpful. In my case they claimed never to have heard about the issue I was having despite another review on the Apple App Store lodging an identical complaint. Compared to other business process, productivity and expense apps the interface is not intuitive and the workflows are clunky. Even the process of approving an expense report is inefficient and requires multiple steps even for the simplest (1 receipt) expenses from my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow your team to participate in a trial of the software and compare it to others. Our field sales team is irate that this was chosen without their input and with good reason.

This app SHOULD make paperless expense reporting possible, as well as efficient and less time consuming than paper receipt aggregation and manual expense report creation. But unfortunately a very poorly executed app, badly designed workflows, and uninformed, unhelpful Support ruin every aspect of the experience and sap any iota of productivity out of using Certify.

Certify review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Makes it easy!"

What do you like best?

Certify makes tracking expenditures & receipts a breeze. It is user friendly and stores information conveniently to look back on, or to use again.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. It is one more password to remember, but at least I don’t have to change it every 1 or 3 months like others.

Reduces workload for HR staff

Certify review by Douglas L.
Douglas L.

"Good Expense management software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to take a picture of a receipt on the road instead of sitting on a pile of receipts

What do you dislike?

I have had no major issue with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely try it out it works well

It makes tracking on expenses easy to handle and has worked very well for reporting of expenses

Certify review by Carol  B.
Carol B.

"excellent product, easy to use, all from mobile device"

What do you like best?

that it sends my expenses to manager to be paid and I don't have to do anything, I love the updates through the process

What do you dislike?

no dislikes, just a personal thing I don't use the program that often so when I do It takes me a minute to remember what to do next. but I either figure it out or tech support is very helpful.

ease of getting reimbursed for expenses with out timely phone calls and waiting to for someone to approve items while paperwork sits on someone's desk.

Certify review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"So easy, a caveman could do it!"

What do you like best?

This program has been a dream to use!

So easy to figure out and the app is a great addition as well.

I LOVE that you can email receipts directly to the program. Genius!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. It’s very well-organized.

It makes it very easy to submit expense reports. Saves lots of time and the extra steps that other programs require.

Certify review by Matt F.
Matt F.