Certify

Certify

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Work for Certify?

Learning about Certify?

Certify Reviews

Ask Certify a Question
Showing 922 Certify reviews
Certify review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Expenses Simplified"

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly capture my receipts while I'm on the road. All I have to do is snap a photo of the receipt, use the built-in receipt-reader that helps to pre-fill the fields required for each receipt and verify the auto-filled information is correct. Once all my receipts are in, all I have to do is sync, create a new expense report, and submit! I use the mobile app the most and finish off my reports on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I'd say the auto-fill doesn't work 100% of the time. Lately it has been giving me odd dates for the receipts or capturing random numbers as totals. I've been manually filling in the fields lately due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know what other applications are out there for expense-tracking, but Certify is definitely easy to use and easily accessible from anywhere.

I travel quite a lot for work so keeping up with multiple receipts per day can be difficult. We have a per-diem that is worked into Certify to help us keep our expenses on track. It makes things very easy for payroll to get the information they need, coded the way they need it. Certify is great in that you can access your receipts from anywhere once you have them captured. You can either take a photo of your receipt with your phone or upload from your files.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Certify
Certify review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"Certainly will reduce your expenses"

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. As it is cloud based, the expenses can be seen by both the team on the field and also the team in office.You even have an option of a free trial version which you can decide in order to buy or not. Also, it takes a few days initially but after that, Certify in my opinion is the most straight forward and easy software to use. Customization was even possible so my company took full use of this feature as well

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with their Technical support team as help is not readily available. A couple of times, I was transferred to some other person / representative as the initial officer didn't have the correct know how or expertise. While setting up, I faced a few problems and in order to solve them, I had to watch online videos or ask other friends who are already using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I would recommend this software. Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses, time and effort ?! Must have!

Because of Certify, my travel expenses have gone down drastically. Certify has been a huge blessing to me and my company. As I am a Manager to operaions in 3 countries, I travle a lot. Certify helps in not only keeping a track of my expenses but also reduces my time and effort for creating, submitting, approving and reimbursing for my T&D account. I only scan the receipt for my expenses and it automatically gets updated on the Certify software. Moreover, after my trip, I can then compare which expenses to reduce the next time I go saving me a lot of money.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Certify review by Cheyenne D.
Cheyenne D.

"Great and intuitive expense management."

What do you like best?

Certify is easy to use software, with a charming and very useful design. I love that you can have it in a mobile application, it is much easier in that way. Managing expenses makes work easier. Learning to manage the software to be able to apply it to daily work was really simple. The management of expenses is understandable, you can send things through mobile, mail or from the PC, which is so versatile makes everything much simpler.

What do you dislike?

I had small inconveniences, but consult with customer support and solve everything in a matter of minutes. For this reason I can not complain about the skills and abilities that all the software has as a whole, it has many things to offer, which I find sensational.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using it is simple, easy and provides help in various ways. It is modern and understandable, it represents a very large utility. I recommend that you try it and see the great advantages it can bring to your life.

It is great for the workflow, it contributes greatly to facilitate the work of managing expenses in different ways. We all now have more clarity to understand all the processes of collection and reimbursement. It allows to better manage the work of expenses which saves time invested in this and allows us to perform better and faster the administrative processes.

Certify review by Gavin H.
Gavin H.

"Great experience with zero hassle"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. It is intuitive and makes it easy to submit an expense report on my own.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything. I've ran into some issues with the receipt uploader and viewer, but usually one hit of the refresh button and everything works okay again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should absolutely use Certify. The user interface is intuitive, the real-time tracking of the expense reports is great, and the system works with zero issues. I only use this software to upload expense reports for my manager's and HR' approval, but I know that it has more capabilities and I think that it would be wise to use Certify.

For my position, I'm only using Certify to submit expense reports. The benefits include being able to see the progression of my expense report and seeing who has approved or requested more information.

Certify review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Easy to use, efficient expense management"

What do you like best?

Easy to track and manage expenses via mobile app or website. Website is designed in a friendly manner which is easy to use and navigate. The expense submission process is flexible; with submissions acceptable via scanning from the mobile app, email or via document upload from your PC.

What do you dislike?

My expenses wont always come over via email, but with alternative methods of uploading docs, it is not a total loss. Additionally, the status of my claims never seems to update, even if I know I've already received reimbursement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From an end user perspective, it is a great product. My only gripe is with administration of the product, but I suspect that is more of an internal organization issue and not one with the product itself.

Streamlined workflow management of our expense reimbursement process. Managers are able to ask questions about expenses and get further clarity about an expense before just approving at face value.

Certify review by Shannon F.
Shannon F.

"Easy to manage travel expenses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is an easy-to-use app that you can use to track your travel expenses in real-time, rather than doing it all when you get back to the office.

What do you dislike?

If all fields are not filled out (even fields that are not applicable to you), it comes up as an error and doesn't let you submit. There's a little troubleshooting involved in that. Also, if you enter your destinations into the map to track mileage, it's never been accurate for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for travelling for business! Just make sure to walk your employees through it the first time, because it can be a little confusing if you make a little mistake, such as not filling out all of the fields correctly or entering your mileage in wrong.

Our company used to manage travel expenses internally, which consisted of filling out an excel sheet and physically taping receipts to printer paper and giving them to Accounting. Certify makes everything online and makes it so much easier to travel. After you take a snapshot of the receipt, you don't have to worry about keeping track of it!

Certify review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"NOT RECOMMENDED!!!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has potential, but you really need to login to their web portal to complete an expense report. You will spend more time filling out boxes, pull-downs and correcting mistakes than you will doing any other "old fashioned" way (as I do, with an Excel spreadsheet).

What do you dislike?

The website for actually compiling your expenses is HORRIBLE. It is very slow, overly complicated, and poorly organized. If you like clicking your mouse, then you might like Certify. I'm guessing you need at least 30 mouse clicks PER RECIEPT (minimum) and that doesn't count the time you'll spend on the mobile app and/or email to send/upload receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just wait for this service to mature, or look elsewhere for something similar. This is far from ready for prime time yet. Skip it.

It seems I have just created more work for myself by using Certify. I'm going back to a much faster and efficient, albeit manual method of compiling expense reports.

Certify review by Dustin A.
Dustin A.

"Certify is fast and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the turn around times on reimbursement compared to the old route of filling out forms manually. I like the web interface compared to the phone interface

What do you dislike?

I think the phone app could be a little more user friendly. I use it to take a picture of receipts, but I'd like to be able to complete the whole process on the phone. I usually just log into the certify site after uploading the receipt and complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to those considering certify. It's ease of use and centralized format work well within our company.

I believe we're solving issues with record keeping and quickness of processes involving reimbursement of funds for employee fringe benefits and costs.

Certify review by Randy P.
Randy P.

"Horrible if you have a lot of expenses or strange use case"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very nice, you can do alot on it. They spent some time here.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The Web app interface is horribly horribly slow if you have a lot of expenses.

I was sold something that was great, however they dont fully understand how their product works and while "technically" we can use Certify, It literally takes me a full minute to edit an expense if someone gets a category wrong.

They have a handy dandy "merge" feature that matches up receipts to charge, but if you have over 100 receipts THEY TURN IT OFF! Why? No one can answer this nor does anyone have a solution.

While they spent a lot of time on the phone app the web app they cut corners or limit you on purpose, Im not sure which. We are a web development company and it appalls me that they have this kind of user experience, and its worse because I am forced to use this now!

We are seeing random charges not import into Certify as well, so I have to audit the CC transactions because I cannot trust the system. So I will have to do everything twice!

If you have a lot of expenses, or are going to let them pile up, this will hurt.

I see there are 99% positive reviews on Certify so I can only think that:

1) We are a too large of a company to be Certify clients

2) We were way oversold on the capabilities of Certify

3) We fit a nice niche where our use case just doesn't mesh with their systems (why did they take our money?)

Im not sure which one is ours but I wish I never found them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are always going to have less than 50 transaction (they count receipt and charges seperately) then you'll probably be fine, if your going to NEVER let your receipts pile up you'll probably be fine.

I have realized triple the amount of time it takes me to finish reconciling my expenses due to the fact that I have to use this product. I paid up front for 18 months NEVER DO THIS. We had some important projects going on and let a couple months go by without reconciliation and its taking forever to catch up. If they had the Merge feature working all the time it would be much better.

Certify review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"App is Almost Useless"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with Concur and I like the ability to generate expense reports from receipts.

What do you dislike?

The app is almost useless. You can capture receipts with your phone camera which is nice. There is an option to have the app “read” the receipt to fill in information like date, vendor, and dollar amount. This function doesn’t work - it comes up with the absolute wrong information - even the date. Weird. So, you have to hand enter all of this info for each receipt. Even saving this hand-entered information, the app changes the dates on your entries. I was about to go nuts continually having to change the dates. You can generate a report from the app, but if the dates won’t “stick” your expense report is useless. Ugh. So, if you like to take pics of receipts, this works, but getting the info captured correctly will require you to use the program on your computer as well, which almost negates the value of the whole program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program works great on computer, but the app needs a lot of work - it’s really buggy.

Tool to create expense reports. It feeds into Concur, which somehow integrates with our Oracle payment software.

Certify review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Certify is the Best Expense Reporting Tool for Any Size Company "

What do you like best?

Certify is so easy to use and it can do a number of different things. Even if you are only needing it to track spending, it allows you complete control. The mobile app is great and everyone loves using it. No more attaching receipts to a spreadsheet means, no more losing receipts or having to keep up with them. Just snap a photo of the receipt, load and sync. It is stored forever. There are different types of reports you can generate from Certify. Track and monitor spending is what we needed it for the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one thing I can say that is somewhat negative and that would be the not 100% accurate Autofill button. It helps if you have a clean receipt, but it does not always capture all of the information correctly and you still have to key in some of the information. This is minor in comparison to everything that Certify does and does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would highly recommend this product to any size company. Whether you have less than 40 to over 1000 employees. It is cost effective and simple to use.

We are able to track spending which created awareness for our marketing and travel expenses to be more conscious when booking travel.

Certify review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"CERTIFY is the best software for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

“I have used Certify many times over the past few years and have come to love it. It is very user friendly and keeps your history so to save time it automatically inputs your previous destinations as you type etc. You can keep a draft going so you can input once a day or weekly so that is a great feature. Not only is it easier than filling out old excel spreadsheets, it saves time by automatically e-mailing your direct supervisor for approval once it is submitted. I would recommend every company use this easy software for expense reporting.”

What do you dislike?

If you forget your password it takes a few steps to get a temporary one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should look into whether CERTIFY is a good fit for them. The employees will love it I guarantee it.

It solves the problem of using paperwork or excel spreadsheets to keep track of your business expenses and mileage. Much faster and more organized with CERTIFY.

Certify review by Suzanne G.
Suzanne G.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding support, product is easy to use. Certify handles all the back end implementation. Their employees are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. So far, we have not found any issues to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several products. It was important to find a company with good support, that was located in the United States, easy to use, and cost effective. From the moment I spoke with Certify I was impressed. No heavy sales pitch, just an information filled call. The product sells itself.

We were in desperate need of an updated expense program. One that our travelling consultants could use easily, from anywhere. Whether you are tech savvy or not, this product is easy to use. It makes my job so much easier.

Certify review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Certify makes my employee reimbursements simple and faster"

What do you like best?

How quickly my reimbursements are processed.

What do you dislike?

Just the confusion of implementing and using a new tool in general. I don't even count this against this product specifically.. as it pertains to any new company-wide product "generally speaking".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I guarantee it will simply the whole process for you. The best advice i could possibly give anyone is as simple as that.. Just try it and see. You won't ever want to go back to using anything else once you do.

Eliminating the constant emailing of spreadsheets to Managers and HR in order to track expenses, request approvals, and having to save them all on my laptop. Additionally, this basically allows you save and store receipts as well.

Certify review by Frances G.
Frances G.

"So simple and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Our company started using Certify about a year or so ago and I love how simple and user friendly the process is! You just pick your date, use your code of what it was for (mileage, cell phone reimbursement, etc.) and save your information. I love being able to just send a picture of a receipt directly from my phone and not having to bother with scanning them in every time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. You just choose what you need reimbursement for and submit! Only additional information would be to add a receipt if you have one and that's just as simple!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Certify!

Using the certify process just minimizes errors on your expense reports. Everything is there to be filled in and it eliminates all the paper trails. Just submit electronically and your manager will receive an email informing him/her that an expense report is ready to review!

Certify review by David J.
David J.

"Intuitive and Well Supported Online Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

The system just works well with very little need for IT support. Our users caught on quickly and are able to access the 24/5 support when they have questions. There have been no real issues for us since we switched.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it took a littile bit of time for me to figure out how to set up the approval flows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Certify to anyone looking for an online expense reimbursment service.

We had may major headaches with our previous provider TriNet Expense and were looking for a better solution that was fairly priced with great support. We found that with Certify.

Certify review by Rose N.
Rose N.

"Certify Saved My Job!"

What do you like best?

Certify saved time for our staff, managers, and accountants. It is so EASY to use and set up it makes every step of implementing to using the product easy.

What do you dislike?

I need more information on updates, when they happen and what has changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Certify in leu of traditional paper reports or even competition like Expensify because the customer service is Quality! Every step of the way I feel supported and I am always offered continued education to better be able to use the tools. It makes my sales team happy when using it, and my mangers happy they don't have to spend a lot of timing reviewing it because it is so easily formatted. As the admin and accountant role, I have lots of data to pull reports and visibility to accessing and supporting whole team. It has great improve all aspects of expenses for us.

We saved our staff from losing expense receipts, and saved time at all levels of processing credit card expenses and reimbursements. I also love knowing there are always digital copies and I don't have to print all the documents to save resources because environmental conscientiousness is very valuable to my companys mission.

Certify review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Certify User"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of the receipt when the transaction takes place and not having to save printed receipts. I can take a picture right at the time of the transaction and not have to worry about keeping track of my receipts.

What do you dislike?

Some receipts are printed too light and I need to make corrections to the autofill. There really is not anything to dislike about this product. At least not for the features I utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program is straight forward to use.

This saves time for the employee submitting the expense, the manager approving the expense and the accounts payable department for handling. Since it is so easy to use, you can take pictures of the receipt at the time of the transaction and you no more have to keep track of paper receipts and/or worry about not being able to find a receipt for reimbursement.

Certify review by Milena V.
Milena V.

"Save your time and keep the money safe"

What do you like best?

Certify lets you have an easy and quick reports on traveling. You can build it with new infos in no time during the travel.

What do you dislike?

I can't find really anything that is not so good at moment with the service. There was a time when you have problems with autofillng infos. But now everything is back to normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easier than usign and Excel spreadsheet and even fastest. Just try it if you get the change. You will be happy for this.

Now I do not have to travel with the idea that I've to store and collect and do not loose anything from my travel. Now I feel myself free and weel organized.

Certify review by Marty C.
Marty C.

"happy user"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy. I like the expense turn around time. I like that it allows me to deal with less paperwork less filing and less follow up requirements. I like the idea that i get individual e mails for every step of the process from submittal to acceptance and to final processing. I Like the convenience of having the ability to capture an expense reciept at the time of purchase and fill in the particulars and details right then.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have certain fields " set able" could make a great app Fantastic. If There were 3-4 fields that could be settable in setings it would lessen expense filing even further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It woud be very helpful if i could set my branch and cost center and not have to enter it for each expense.

Automation via the phone app allows less time to be re imbursed, less paperwork to handle and more accurate accounting of expenses that sometime fall through the cracks. I copy my expense reciepts as they are incurred and it is very simple to draft and submit an expense report. I can also fill in details and monitor an area where i"m incurring expense and match to areas where i'm making sales. It also allows me to detail the proper branch and cost center where the expense belongs as it is happening. a perfect example is where i had 2 customers from 2 different branches and broke up those expenses accordingly.

Certify review by Savannah  B.
Savannah B.

"Certify saves time and catches possible errors while speeding up reimbursement. "

What do you like best?

I like how quickly the reports are finished and the way Certify can screen for possible errors and duplicates.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some of the formatting shows up. For example, it takes a long time to find a particular charge. I would like it more if the vendors were listed along side the category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the tutorial! It made the process much more clear to me and highlighted features I hadn't yet discovered.

The main benefit for me is productivity: the reports are finished quickly and reimbursement happens in a matter of days.

Certify review by W. Devin W.
W. Devin W.

"We Love Certify"

What do you like best?

I love that my business credit card is linked to Certify so that every time a charge hits my credit card, an expense is generated in my expense report section. This makes it easy to ensure that I don't forget any expenses in my report. I also love how easy it is to send and attach receipts.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the automated expense reports to happen. I still have to go in every month to create my expense reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a great software upgrade for our team. We have loved using it. It helps us streamline our expense processing in ways we never thought possible before.

We signed up because we were tired of having employees submit incomplete expense reports late. Certify has helped us track and turn in receipts more accurately and on time than ever before.

Certify review by Brenda W.
Brenda W.

"Certify is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that I can start an expense report at the beginning of the month and add to it when I have expenses. This helps me from having to keep records. I also like the mobile feature. It is so easy to upload receipts. I have not found anything I do not like about Certify...it is SO much easier than paper expense reports!

What do you dislike?

I truly do not dislike anything about Certify. It is so much easier than using and submitting paper expense reports!

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and convenient!

Record keeping. Keeping mileage or going to another website to calculate mileage from one location to another! I have realized not losing reimbursements due to losing receipts or forgetting to submit an expense report. I can submit a report weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. That is SO convenient for me!

Certify review by Matt L.
Matt L.

"Certify Experience"

What do you like best?

Process is straight forward and immediate, no worrying about lost receipts if photos are taken as they happen and loaded as you go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes longer reimbursement times due to direct deposit process. Banks tend to hold up to 10 days while certify indicates payment has been sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make use of the mobile app, it is what really makes the program beneficial.

The approval process is significantly faster, can be accomplished even when people are not in town. The mobility of the app for not just the user but the management approval process is excellent.

Certify review by Maria J.
Maria J.

"Best investment ever! "

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly and saves hundreds of hours in expense reporting. Is very easy and is efficient, all employees now focus on other items besides having to deal with hard copy - expenses and have become more organized with this simple program. On the accounting side, this program provides tons of reports in detail for all AP related reporting and is less time consuming.

What do you dislike?

Up to this moment, there is nothing that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate on switching over, your employees will thank you!

Went from paper expenses to electronic filing. More organization, more efficiency, less time dealing with expenses and tons of paperwork.

Certify review by Courtney T.
Courtney T.

"Certify: Simple Expense Reporting At Home or On the Road"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use when it comes to entering receipts and expenses. Taking a picture from within the app and having it auto-populate information is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could upload from within the app itself. I am only able to upload a saved file when I am using the online access from my desktop.

Certify makes expense reporting easier for me, my manager, and my AP department. It simplifies the review process and makes communicating status automatic.

Certify review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Certify Review"

What do you like best?

Compiling entries into expense reports is easy. Having a mobile option to enter information is super useful and really the only way I use it.. Autofill with receipts is convenient. The "save and add segment" button is awesome because it helps you to enter multiple legs of travel quickly.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes when a sync fails it creates duplicate entries that I have to manually delete.

2. There isn't an option for you to save and add another leg of a trip unless you start from work which is really annoying because I regularly start from home on travel that is not round trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with a stable connection so your items sync properly. Enter receipts as you get them instead of waiting until the end of the month.

It helps to track mileage and expenses which is useful and it generally easy to navigate.

Certify should consider implementing a notification to complete a mileage entry when you've started or finished a trip. Also, please move the "save and add segment" to the travel from home option as well.

Certify review by Javier L.
Javier L.

"Useful, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Certify is the kind of software every company should have. It's useful and very easy to use. To have all your expenses organized just in very single steps is an advantage. I like the possibility that I can prepare my expenses report in a professional way.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have nothing to complain about this software. I have used it in my expenses reports, in my travel as well. Nothing negative for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggested to my other previous companies about this software, to safe time and money.

I am having all my expenses information very well organized, something that I had to do by myself in Excel spreadsheets. Now I have everything with maps included. I like the way we can report the expenses using credit cards.

Certify review by John S.
John S.

"certify"

What do you like best?

its the easiest expense software ive used. everything is filled in super quickly and its very intuitive. the mobile act is amazing and you dont even need to do anything online. it fills in everything very quickly...i dont even have to think about it which is exaclty what i want when i am on the road and i just want to get reimbursed quickly

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything i dont like. the app loads super quickly and never crashes. my boss likes it when we use it so it works for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely give it a try. i think it definitely works

submitting my expenses are 100 times easier. i just snap a picture of the receipt right when i get it.

Certify review by Monica B.
Monica B.

"Anticipates needs"

What do you like best?

Certify makes my life so much easier when it comes to being reimbursed for the travel I encounter, due to my job. I can just take a picture of my receipts, submit them through the app, and in no time I receive reimbursement for for expenses. Even when I’m in the middle of nowhere, I can store the image of the receipt in the app, and submit once I have internet connection.

What do you dislike?

I find the app to be a little laggy at times when uploading, regardless of my connection. I sometimes have to resubmit a time or two before it processes.

Before I used to lose receipts before I could submit them to accounting. Now, I just take a picture once I receive my receipt. I don’t have a purse full of paper anymore.

Certify review by Blake S.
Blake S.

"Simple, easy, and effective"

What do you like best?

Their system is extremely intuitive. I upload my receipts via my phone or forward email receipts to certify and it auto-populates all the required information. I take a picture, press 'autofill' and everything shows up exactly how I want it, with little hiccup. It's extremely quick to use. My expenses have taken me several hours beforehand at my other job while using certify, my expenses take me 10 minutes and it's sent out for approval. Once my expenses are approved, payment is within 3 days and I have seen the transfer to my bank before those 3 days are up too.

What do you dislike?

There is not very much that I don't like. Certify operates pretty efficiently. Some of the minor issues only come up infrequently. An example would be that some of our categories don't fully apply to a given situation, but this is most likely due to the fact that we haven't made the category instead of it being a certify issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of anything. As the user on the front end, I have no recommendations. Possibly more categories to fill in for each expense. I'm not sure if certify is the one who supplies the names or if it's our company. I recommend this product from my personal usage simply because it does everything I need it to very simply without hassle

What we resolve is the time taken in filling out tons of forms, amassing piles of paper receipts into my wallet, and organizing all the expenses for reconciliation. On the back-end, accounting benefit from having an organized and intuitive system to streamline this process (I imagine)

Certify review by User

"Certify is quick, easy and effective"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive the process is in Certify to complete my expense report. The approval process flow with updates also makes it easy to track the progress of my expense report.

What do you dislike?

I seem to be unable to see my expense reports after I submit them. I often want to see last months to copy some expenses over but I just end up making a brand new one from scratch. I might be missing a feature though.

I am solving the problem of me getting reimbursed for my work related expenses. The benefits realized are the dollars in my pocket. Certify helps me keep track of every expense to make sure I am not getting short changed.

Certify review by Armando J.
Armando J.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the app, it is very user friendly and allows me to finish my reports in minutes. Before that it used to take me forever to submit an expense report.

What do you dislike?

Your receipts pictures stay in the app even after you "Sync" them with your account and your expense report has been approved.

I can take a picture of my meal's receipts right at the table and it doesn't matter if I loose them after that.

Certify review by David W.
David W.

"Great tool for handling expense reporting."

What do you like best?

I like that Certify automatically handles importing transactions made on my corporate expense card. I can take pictures of my receipts and upload them through the Certify app. Another method, useful for multi-page receipts (like for airfare/car/hotel receipts that are 1 or more pages) is to email them to data@certify.com..

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Certify do a better job of matching transactions/entries to submitted receipts. Currently you have to edit each entry to attach a receipt. Sometimes the interface is very slow. Updating the Android app to make it easier would also be a big improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User experience is very good.

This system helps to automate the process of submitting, reviewing, and approving expense reports and receipts. It has allowed our company to offshore the review process, which has reduced the amount of time it takes to get the expenses reimbursed. It has removed the need for me to hold onto a pile of paperwork and reconcile transactions manually.

Certify review by User in Higher Education

"No Fail Expense Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

My favorite function of Certify is that there is multiple methods to adding receipts to your wallet on the site.

What do you dislike?

I like the option to add travel policies on Certify, it would be nice to have a travel budget integration for our staff to see how much they are allowed to spend for meals and miscellaneous expenses. It would be great to see this in the form of a mobile notification each day of their trip.

Certify speeds up the expense approval process for our organization. With all of our invoices and receipts loaded to the site my manager can see the company's expenses in real time. Certify has also decreased the number of receipts lost especially, during travel with the convenience of the mobile app our staff can capture receipts while they are at a restaurant.

Certify review by Tenia D.
Tenia D.

"Expenses for business"

What do you like best?

I like that certify has an email that will automatically compile your expenses for a report.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the email does not recognize multiple receipts on one email. Also, I think the approval process is stupid as I have to approve an expense and then submit it for reimbursement to an employee. If I approved it, it should automatically pay out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service is basic and has a decent user interface. Not good for handling multiple expenses at one time. Need to enter each one separately.

Solving the issue of having receipts all over. The system is for tracking and approving expenses for staff or myself that we pay out of pocket and then need to be reimbursed for.

Certify review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Good system"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is good for capturing expenses on the fly. The website is simple and easy to use. It's saved me loads of time as we used to use Excel spreadsheets for all expenses. As it's cloud-based, it can accessed anywhere and by any device.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could do with a bit of modernisation but it still does the job.

Simply, scalable, cloud-based expense system to replace emailing spreadsheets.

Certify review by Deryk  C.
Deryk C.

"Certify Review - Deryk Chase"

What do you like best?

This program is very simple and convenient to use. It has cut the amount of time I used to spend completing expense reports by 10 fold. I really like the fact that receipts and expenses "marry" automatically in the system.

What do you dislike?

I find itemizing challenging - removing expenses from one receipt and categorizing them for another expense type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no brainer.

Time management. I have more time for other sales driving activities.

Certify review by Lori  B.
Lori B.

"Hassle free expense management"

What do you like best?

The mobile app allows me to take a snapshot of the receipt in real time, this way I don't run the risk of losing/misplacing my receipts. Another feature I enjoy is the credit card integration where it will link a previously uploaded receipt in my Wallet to the credit card charge.

What do you dislike?

I have used Certify for a little over a year now and have yet to find a dislike. I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't already, you need to get Certify. It is an excellent product that is so easy to use. You can't go wrong.

Ability to include additional comments including a detailed description of the expense before submitting.

Certify review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Certify 2018"

What do you like best?

Certyify is extremely easy to use and pick up quickly. I started using Certify in August and took me less than a day to master. The ability to export as a PDF and/or excel file is very useful.

What do you dislike?

The program could do a better job of of alerting when there is a duplicate expense or when something has been expensed before in a past report.

Doing a crazy number of expenses each month is streamlined with this very basic program.

"Certify T&E Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Our field team use Certify's mobile app daily. Creating an expense report is easy and quick. The reports available give an accounting of expenses through multiple parameters and can be downloaded to either excel or PDF files. Great for month end accruals.

What do you dislike?

Certify's travel agent doesn't always have the best flight schedules or pricing. Booking event flights is not as accurate as it should be. We have had errors in scheduling and were charged assistance fees to correct their mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify is an easy to implement and use T&E platform. I recommend new comers to speak with Certify about their reporting needs.

No paper receipts! Reports and receipts are stored electronically and are easy to retrieve Our administrator can solve most issues in house. Expense reporting is on a schedule making reimbursement quicker. The upload to our accounting system makes month closing easier and more accurate. .

"very user freindly"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload receipts. I take a photo of my receipt with my cell phone and email it in. It also has other ways to submit but this works for me.

What do you dislike?

not really anything. The system is user friendly. If you click on things you can generally figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly. I use mostly the desktop version. But I send in my receipts from pictures on my cell phone. Once I email in the photo, it automatically syncs when I choose to sync the receipts with the charges. Really easy to use!.

people get paid quickly and are able to see what stage their expense report is in without having to call and ask.

User in Retail

"Extremely to easy to use, if given instructions"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the platform is, as well as the simplicity of it. It is nice because there are several platforms I can use, other than just desktop. I can utilize mobile as well as in an app. Additionally, I have the capability to upload a pic on the app, email it or manually upload on the desktop.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to understand at first, and all tutorials are video. I would appreciate if it was able to have written directions. My first 3 reports took forever to figure out how to sync receipts and expenses together. Once I learned, it was a breeze!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SUPER EASY TO USE, QUICK AND SIMPLE

This makes the reporting and expense system within the company extremely easy. Filters all reports to one person to process with ease

Certify review by Gos Y.
Gos Y.

"One stop tool for expense reimbursement and management"

What do you like best?

The well defined process which easily follow. Batch uploading the receipts is superb. Choosing the right receipt and then describe the expenses are very easy. Also easy to add the additional charges for every single item like extra currency conversion fee etc. All makes it a great tool in the daily operation especially the expense management.

What do you dislike?

If you forgot the receipt uploading initially and you already have started expensing the items, you have to go back to my wallet to upload the receipt by having to interrupt the expense claiming. This can be done better by allowing to upload the receipts in parallel with expense description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to manage the expenses for both personal and business purpose. It's well defined processes and state-of-art design will give everyone a superb experience when they will get away from the suffering experience of expense claiming in the past ...

I used this tool to claim all my business expenses and it went pretty well. The process goes fast and the claim can be done in one business day.

Certify review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"One of the easiest websites to use. "

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. After going through one trial of the software, it was pretty self explanatory after that. My favorite feature is the ability to send receipts from your email (that is connected to certify) to the date certify email and by sending it there, the receipt will automatically show up in "your wallet." Another feature that I like is the ability of the product to automatically input receipt amounts. For the most part, it is correct, with an occasional mistake here and there, but nonetheless it is a great feature making the product easy to use. Another interesting feature is the ability to rate places that you have attended such as restaurants, etc.

What do you dislike?

At times, when the approval process is happening and there are more than two or three individuals that must approve it, the user receives email updates in regards to the process. Although it is convenient and helpful to know, at times it is just to many emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use!

Organization of reimbursements and allowing the process to be easy is being solved. Benefits include how easy it is to use an online website for reimbursements, making the process for multiple teams in a business, easy.

Certify review by Angie M.
Angie M.

"A great way to simplify expenses"

What do you like best?

This is the first company I've worked at where an online expense report program was used. I must say it makes things much simpler. The organization, the ability to copy and paste recurring expenses, the ability to check on a completed report status, all make compiling expenses and submitting reports that much easier.

What do you dislike?

The inability to delete an imported expense. I realize there are likely security reasons for it, but if it's an incorrect expense, I want to be able to fix it.

The benefits are being able to use a streamlined expense program to submit reports for myself, a manager and two directors. There are two different departments that I work for, and it helps that I can use the same program to submit reports by changing accounts, changing users for which I am delegated, and being able to copy repeat expenses (e.g. mileage for recurring meetings) as needed.

Certify review by David B.
David B.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. I did not find it difficult. I have noticed that this product is very user friendly. Even though I have not used every single feature I am still learning the software I try and look at each option to see what their is to know about this product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I don't like about it. Everything seems really user friendly. Since I have rarely had a chance to use all of the software I haven't had a chance to fully know how well and unwell this product really is. so far its amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having to up date the snapshot of recipes to copy all information in the system.

Just trying to make sure I keep track of all the receipts and miles I use while on business trips or training. There fore this is a great product to use to make sure that everything I need is organized.

Certify review by Kyle O.
Kyle O.

"Vast improvement for us over excel and pdf receipts"

What do you like best?

I'm the assistant controller and Certify System Administrator. We are coming from Excel w/pdf receipts. Overall the system is a huge improvement over our former process at a reasonable price point.

I like the approval workflow and reports.

I like the mobile app for capturing receipt images. I like that I can access other users accounts to help them trouble shoot issues they experience.

What do you dislike?

Certify does not integrate with Intacct accounting software.

Entering expense reports can be frustrating, until you get the hang of it.

We can't split a user's expense data into 2 (or more) departments.

The Optical Character recognition could be better.

I wish I could default every expense to reimbursable or remove that toggle (when I use auto fill on the mobile app It switches to Non reimbursable which is very annoying).

I can't edit receipts or expenses in the wallet, they have to be included in a report before I can edit them.

Every two weeks is not an option for a default reimbursement schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it integrates with your General Ledger. Or make sure you are OK with downloading a report to get the data out.

Certify has given us more visibility into expenses. It provides automated flagging for out of policy, stale or potential duplicate expenses. It allows us to hold the approves more accountable and provide corrective actions that is visible to the approve and user for future reference.

Certify review by Tanya F.
Tanya F.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The app is very easy to use and takes much less time to process than our old ways of completing our expense reports.

What do you dislike?

I think it might be beneficial to have more instruction within the app that tells you what your next steps are. Scanning receipts and entering in the data is easy but after you do that you're not really sure what to do and how to process it. I think if there is a possibly a pop up notification or something where after you add your receipts, you are prompted to continue on. Perhaps say, "Are you ready to submit your expense report?".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and really easy for users to add receipts and submit expense reports in a very timely and efficient manner.

We used to use spreadsheets to enter in all of our expenses. We needed to save all of the receipts and follow all of the steps listed to make sure we were listing everything out accurately before we could submit it and wait a few weeks for our money to be paid back. It took a lot of effort even for the smallest of expenses. This program makes everything so much easier and you can work on it right away instead of waiting until you're all done and then entering all of your items.

Certify review by Administrator in Wine and Spirits
Administrator in Wine and Spirits

"Very clear interface and easy to use for management"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and simple to use. Fast uploading and quick camera. Also, the categories for each is well rounded and offers a lot of options. The opportunity to ask each employee a question and provide the edit box help enormously and facilitate a quick response and edit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface goes off center and I need to restart. Might be a function of the iPhone app. The auto read doesn't really work for general expense receipts; use more time correcting than entering manually. There is a redundancy in the dates as you input the first time and it again asks you before submitting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point I quite like the format and ease of use.

Easy to check each receipt and validate each expense quickly. Again, the application is fast, clear and easily editable. Providing feedback and asking questions to employees is easy. Other benefits include the mobile application and access to ok expenses anywhere, anytime.

"Andrew"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is easy to upload documents quickly. It also helps get approvals faster which helps the user get reimbursed sooner than later.

What do you dislike?

The chain can hold things up. Someone higher should be able to override if needed. I also feel that the approval process shouldn't consist of as many people, however, that could be due to the company and not so much an issue with certify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that new users explore using mobile app. This is very useful when you are traveling and you do not need to keep track of all of your receipts since you can upload pictures of your receipt while out and about with no need to keep all your receipts, or worry about loosing them.

I don't like when it takes weeks to get an approval. I feel that it should be able to have an expense approved within the same week, not in one to two months.

Certify review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Easy way to get reimbursed "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use certify. I can capture my receipts on the go with the iPhone app and fill in the details later when I have time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Expenses can be time-consuming, but’s Certify makes it a breeze.

Scanning my receipts into one easy to work with application. Our company can customize the application to our business needs (expense types and categories)

Certify review by Tracey N.
Tracey N.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that Certify is easy to use and I can take pictures of mt receipts on my mobile device right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a little confused going back and forth online from my receipts to my wallet. And I can't add an expense until it generates my automatic report.

Instead of pasting, copying and scanning all of our receipts, we can now take a picture in the app. The receipt is now in the software, no need to hang on to a paper receipt.

"Excellent and useful"

What do you like best?

The application is excellent when it comes to keeping track of your travel expenses. the best thing is that I can access them from any device with internet access. and the best thing is that the information is saved in the cloud

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complicated and cumbersome to use, it takes a long time to assemble invoices. but it's a good way to keep a safe record of your cats on a trip, and most importantly everything is saved in the cloud, so yes, it's worth all those clicks that I must do to upload the cats of a trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The application has many details to correct, but in my opinion it has great potential, its easy access storage from any mobile device with internet access makes it unique. We must always try new applications, this is undoubtedly one of those

I have generated more work when using the application, but the backup I have of the information and the easy access, compensates for everything cumbersome, sometimes I go to the same travel site and do not remember how much I spend on a certain product, but now with this application I can access all that information.

for now I am using the test method to see what future the application has.

Certify review by David C.
David C.

"A simple solution for T&E reporting"

What do you like best?

I love the MapIt! feature to determine mileage reimbursement. I'm often required to drive to the home office and inputting a starting and ending address is wonderful.

I also really like the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Sometime emails that I've sent to receipts@certify.com don't appear in my wallet.

I wish I could upload two receipts with one expense. For example, the itemized food bill plus the receipt (with Tip) or a hotel bill with an itemized dinner bill charged to the room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When uploading receipts, don't accidentally create a second expense. The wallet will do that for you. Also, get the mobile app. It saves time when dining out.

Easy expense reporting. I'm an end user, so I don't know the true ROI.

User in Retail

"Works well from a customer standpoint."

What do you like best?

From a customer standpoint, it is relatively easy to submit a claim. Since that is mostly all the average employee will ever perform it does its core function very well.

What do you dislike?

I think that the system can be a little difficult to navigate for things that lay outside the realm of just simply submitting an expense. This can be challenging for employees when they need to check on a claim, although it isn't impossible for them to manage... it can be difficult for some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see a demo for the accounting teams that are going to be utilizing this the most. How the system will work for you and what other systems you currently have. It is definitely a case by case situation if it is a fit for your organization.

Automating the expense reporting is the largest thing achieved by this system. There is no paper, and the employee can do it on their own time at their own pace.

Certify review by User

"Easy to use, eliminates carrying around receipts during business trips."

What do you like best?

The app which allows my to take pictures of receipts is by far the greatest asset to Certify. It allows me to take pictures of receipts and then discard the receipts rather than carry or lose them for the duration of a business trip.

What do you dislike?

The sync function should be automatic when uploading. I worry that one of the receipt pictures will get lost before I get a chance to sync the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll see how much better it is than manual expense reporting. It also has integration with your credit card, Lyft, and Uber.

Delayed expense reporting. Certify allows for quick generation of expense reports.

"Workflow Enhancer"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload receipt as soon as I receive them. This prevents my travelers from losing receipts and from submitting receipts that have been in their pockets or wallets and have become unreadable.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if receipts were to sinc upon upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how many expense reports you will actually need to file on a monthly basis. Make sure that you purchase the correct plan for you business.

Fluid and on time expense submissions. Before we purchased Certify, my travelers would wait sometimes months before submitting expense reports. This prevented me from accurately gauging monthly operating costs.

Certify review by William L.
William L.

"Responsive Support Makes Certify a Winner"

What do you like best?

Certify's recently refreshed interface was a welcome upgrade. They're support staff is always willing to field recommendations and implements them speedily. Great for remote work and approvals.

What do you dislike?

I would have said the creaky interface, but their recent update really took care of that problem. Better integration with our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) would help.

Certify simplifies the creation of expense reports for our staff by providing paperless handling of receipts, by automatically scanning and entering receipt information from mobile phone photos, and by auto-generating weekly expense reports. It also reduces approval time with automatic approval of expense reports that are within travel policy limits.

Certify review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Certify, Easy to Use/Train"

What do you like best?

Certify made expense tracking very easy for offsite medical trips/care and for tracking of expenses at conferences etc. It also allowed us to stay compliant with regulations, etc. We utilized this through our Salesforce integration which made it able to speak with our contact information.

What do you dislike?

We utilized the mobile version while on the run that allows us to use mobile devices to upload/update expense information - there were some glitches with this version and low performance, etc. - unless connected to wifi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify offers a mobile component which is good to use for people that are always on the run - which is most people who are trying to use expense reporting. From my understanding, there are many integrations that Certify works with - we personally used the Salesforce integration which allowed us to track expenses via contact and business name.

Expense tracking and reporting.

Certify review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Certify App"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. We use it for reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tough to navigate. Sometimes I can't find my receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple one stop app. The mobile app helps keep track of your receipts with ease.

We are able to skip a manual process, by using it as a go to tracker for reimbursement.

Certify review by Ariel W.
Ariel W.

"Worst app, clunkiest process I've ever experienced in an expense solution"

What do you like best?

That I only have to use this sparingly - once a month I spend an agonizing hour or two trying to get through an expense report but thankfully it's only once a month.

What do you dislike?

Everything - the app crashes constantly and Support is incredibly unhelpful. In my case they claimed never to have heard about the issue I was having despite another review on the Apple App Store lodging an identical complaint. Compared to other business process, productivity and expense apps the interface is not intuitive and the workflows are clunky. Even the process of approving an expense report is inefficient and requires multiple steps even for the simplest (1 receipt) expenses from my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow your team to participate in a trial of the software and compare it to others. Our field sales team is irate that this was chosen without their input and with good reason.

This app SHOULD make paperless expense reporting possible, as well as efficient and less time consuming than paper receipt aggregation and manual expense report creation. But unfortunately a very poorly executed app, badly designed workflows, and uninformed, unhelpful Support ruin every aspect of the experience and sap any iota of productivity out of using Certify.

Certify review by Douglas L.
Douglas L.

"Good Expense management software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to take a picture of a receipt on the road instead of sitting on a pile of receipts

What do you dislike?

I have had no major issue with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely try it out it works well

It makes tracking on expenses easy to handle and has worked very well for reporting of expenses

Certify review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"So easy, a caveman could do it!"

What do you like best?

This program has been a dream to use!

So easy to figure out and the app is a great addition as well.

I LOVE that you can email receipts directly to the program. Genius!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. It’s very well-organized.

It makes it very easy to submit expense reports. Saves lots of time and the extra steps that other programs require.

Certify review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Certify has improved our expense reporting process"

What do you like best?

Certify's interface and app is user friendly and easy to use. Their support has been great and is quick to supply us with an answer to any issues. The implementation process was also very easy and straightforward.

Our sales and implementation team really like the ability to make expense reports as they travel instead of waiting to complete when they are back in the office.

What do you dislike?

At this point there is nothing that I dislike about Certify.

Using Certify has streamlined the process on how we submit expense reports. Before Certify expense reports were submitted using Excel with paper receipts. There were days it would take hours to approve the expenses and write the checks. But now with using Certify and integrating it with QuickBooks has improved the approval process and check writing.

Certify review by Meghan H.
Meghan H.

"Certify for all Expense and Reimbursement Needs"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that the Certify website is super user friendly and that I can track the progress of my expense processing.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version of the website (not the app-I haven;t used that) is not as user friendly as the full version.

Multiple authorized people at my agency can approve or edit the report before it is processed. I can send one expense report and have multiple programs approve the report for their specific expenses.

Certify review by Kyle D.
Kyle D.

"Really simple and user friendly "

What do you like best?

I really like how intuitive it is. The app has made expense building so much easier!

What do you dislike?

There is a discconect between the online website and applicaion. I usually end up having to use the web client to build it

Our expense reporte are all created in the same format which makes financial reporting a breeze.

Certify review by Martin T.
Martin T.

"Certify - Amazing Software, Amazing Service & Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love the numerous ways an employee can upload receipts. I also love that all help desk employees are based in the US.

What do you dislike?

I have found challenges when I need to make significant changes to all employee accounts.

Prior to bringing on Certify all employees had to submit receipts manually and enter data into an excel spreadsheet. Some employees were losing their receipts and the process was manual, tedious, inefficient and incomplete.

We now have complete records and people are focused on what they are paid to do instead of wasting their time.

Certify review by Amanda  R.
Amanda R.

"Satisfied "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and multiple ways to upload receipts.

What do you dislike?

That it is difficult, perhaps not possible, to edit a request once it has been submitted. A new request has to be entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, difficult to change a submitted request.

It allows for tracking company expenses used by staff.

Certify review by Gilbert A. (Gil) B.
Gilbert A. (Gil) B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like being able to enter receipts as you receive them using my iPhone. Makes it a little harder to lose one.

What do you dislike?

The auto fill feature still needs some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes it much easier for field personnel to use.

It does save time filling out expense reports. You can enter a receipt with the time, day, and explanation, and it will populate your expense account accordingly.

Certify review by Bonita B.
Bonita B.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of sending receipts and speed at which they're included makes the whole process go smoothly.

What do you dislike?

When entering travel mileage the system doesn't allow for travel between the same places on the same day without a "mark" saying it's incorrect. A simple question, "is this correct" would save everyone some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify is a fast, easy way to allow employees to input their expenses and upload their receipts saving time and effort for the expense process.

Saving time and effort in getting paid for expenses and travel.

Certify review by .

"User friendly and great app"

What do you like best?

The easy ability to transfer receipts from phone app to website

What do you dislike?

I wish the approval process were quicker

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program will help to easily track your travel expenses. I highly recommend it.

The ease in which a person can submit travel expenses. It is a useful tool to help track receipts and past mileage

Certify review by S S.
S S.

"Certify Review"

What do you like best?

Helpful staff, the software works as promised. We have been using it for six months now. The reporting features are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

when approving an expense report as the administrator, there are more steps than need be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good implementation plan

Organization, documantation and payments for travel & expenses for employees and contractors.

Certify review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"I do not normally request expense reimbursement, and this system made it very easy!"

What do you like best?

I believe the feature I liked best was the simplicity of the entire procedure. The way the request was tracked and updated immediately was of great help when my expense exceeded the maximum amount the company allotted, and I had to resubmit info that fell under the maximum dollar amount threshold.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing to dislike. The system works exactly as designed. Reimbursement requests are handled in as quick a manner as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple system for the employee to use.

Employee reimbursements are very easy to process using this program.

Certify review by Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

"Ceritfy has Improved our Company's Expense Reporting Process"

What do you like best?

Certify's platform is very user friendly. I love how easy it is to use.

Support is right there to answer and assist me with any issue.

The sales and marketing team especially love that they no longer have to hold on to a receipt and bring it to the office. They are able to take a picture of the receipt on their phone and toss the receipt in the trash.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Certify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a software to help with expenses, time management, and overall ease of use, then Certify is it!

We have streamlined the way we turn in our expense reports to accounting. The time that it used to take to complete expense reports has dramatically decreased. It doesn't take half a day to get all the receipts together. It's been cut to about an hour to get all of it completed. This is great because now there is more time to work on what we do best.

"Certify review "

What do you like best?

With Certify I love how easy it is to save and upload receipts. This app is much easier to use than others I have encountered. The autofill function works extremely well and makes itemizing the expenses a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of updates and information provided once an expense report is submitted. It would be nice to know what is sent to the approver and exactly when it is sent.

I use Certify to track travel expenses and create expense reports for travel reimbursement.

Certify review by Lance T.
Lance T.

"Expense claims made simple"

What do you like best?

Process is simple and clear. Claims are processed much quicker than before using Certify.

What do you dislike?

Limited categories which I think is on our side as a company.

Claim procedure and approval process is must faster. Saves time.

Easy to upload receipts while on business trips using mobile app.

Certify review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Approval process!"

What do you like best?

The approval process is so easy now with Certify, no more mounds of paper!

What do you dislike?

Can't recall a disapproved expense report

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save your employees a lot of time.. No more writing long expense reports and hanging on to receipts, take a picture and your done.

I have to do the finally approval and its great not to have to go though 50 little pieces of paper. So easy to look at the receipt online.. Main benefit is that it saves a lot of time.

Certify review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"New Updates make for simple Expense Processing"

What do you like best?

I love the travel feature. It even saves searches that I never finishes! It allows me to use the corporate card for flights, hotels, and rental cars for simple business travel booking. I love the app. It makes things even easier for booking on-the-go.

What do you dislike?

I think that there should be better navigation when creating and managing expense reports on the android version of the app. Otherwise, the program is great. Also, it would be nice to be able to use the app as a form of payment, (like google wallet), so that I can also either get my meals and miscellaneous trip expenses paid-for by my company or be automatically reimbursed, (all within the appropriate company travel policies).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that this is good software to use and benefit both upper and lower level employees. It also accumulates reviews within your company for travel airlines/airports/restaurants/hotels, etc.

This cut-down work for upper management by giving employees more of a hand in travel expenses. It also creates better relationship with company/upper management and employees more by trusting them to book their own travel trips, in-turn making the employee feel more valued at the company.

"Excellent experience"

What do you like best?

The training videos and screen shots are very helpful for new users.

What do you dislike?

The new user setup doesn't have all of the categories we need so I need to create a new user then edit their account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with implementation specialists to help set up company correctly.

We were getting many late expense reports because our previous system was so hard. More people are filing the reports on time. We also have access to accrue expenses at the end of the month which our old system did not allow.

Certify review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Certify is user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that there is an app to make things easier"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to take pictures of receipts and sync to the report it makes the process easier when on the go.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike....I do hate that when uploading a reciept it defaults to a selection I would rather it stay blank and make you fill it in as I have saved it incorrectly before.

No real businees problems I am solving...but it is good to be able to compare what employees are traveling all in one stop with their reports and can use it to cross reference our system for accuracy.

Certify review by Brockman W.
Brockman W.

"Best program for a busy traveler."

What do you like best?

The ability to scan any and all receipts to a device so you no longer have to keep hard copies.

What do you dislike?

A lot of time the app on the phone will not sync with expense report started on computer, and vice verse.

The ability to streamline the expense reimbursement process at our company.

Certify review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"I love it and I hate it!"

What do you like best?

The app on my phone, so that I can snap a picture as soon as I have my receipt. This keeps them from piling up and getting lost.

What do you dislike?

Connecting the receipts with the line items. Mine NEVER work the first or third time. I also end up having a lot of emailed receipts that don't go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to get everything over to accounting from your purchasing card. Figure out an easy way to connect receipts to charges.

Getting credit card charges accounted for from sales to accounting.

Certify review by Robert Allan O.
Robert Allan O.

"Easy to use and keep track of all expenses"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of receipts and putting all data in order that makes sense to user

What do you dislike?

I wish it stayed logged in and didn't log the user out after short periods of inactivity

Recommendations to others considering the product

The iPhone app makes it very easy to get all the necessary information in, plus organizing data based on what the expense was is useful.

We are able to give truthful, complete expense reports and it reduces any fees or expenses that are not the responsibility of the company.

Certify review by Alexander K.
Alexander K.

"Generally a good service"

What do you like best?

I am able to upload from any device, meaning I can submit as I go

What do you dislike?

It is a lot of steps to submit - it's not hard, just a lot

Getting reimbursed for company travel expenses, only takes a few mins each time

Certify review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Certify makes processing expense reports super easy"

What do you like best?

All of the information regarding an expense is on one page. The autofill feature also works pretty well. I also really like how easily the mobile app syncs up with the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

It asks me to review vendors before I can submit an expense report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify also sycs up with uber and lyft, so it's super easy to create expense reports!

We are able to process expense reports much more quickly than what we used to do, which was putting receipts into a PDF and listing each expense on a Google Sheet.

Certify review by User

"Certify is a great product!"

What do you like best?

Enter data on my own for approval. Items previously entered show up again.

What do you dislike?

When first learning how to use software, it is confusing on how to enter certain expense reports. Much of it was trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and one feels comfortable knowing it is easily submitted and reviewable by supervisrs.

It is very easy to provide information to my supervisor. It if efficient and reliable. It also saves previous information so that it doesn't have to be re-entered.

Certify review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Easy to use. Does the work for you."

What do you like best?

I like that the expenses are auto-populated into a expense report. I like that I can take a picture with my phone and sync it.

What do you dislike?

I hate that there are no default settings. For instance when I add an expense each time I have to select my category, cost center, store location and weather or not its reimbursable. I should be able to go into settings choose a default for each line to whatever I choose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great program. I would recommend it to anyone.

Saving a lot of time doing expense reports.

Certify review by User

"Expense reports made easy"

What do you like best?

Everything is electronic, you can scan your receipts, or e-mail them.

What do you dislike?

When I do my supervisor's expense report, there is no way to send it to her for her to approve before sending it to her supervisor. I have to print it out for her first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Credit card charges are automatically downloaded, you can upload your receipts or e-mail them to your Certify account. You can also add non-credit card expenses for reimbursement

paperless, more immediate submission

Certify review by Erin L.
Erin L.

"Excellent! Certify is truly your corporate answer to associate expenses! "

What do you like best?

I love the app and the accuracy! Super user friendly!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! Truly worth a try!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certify is truly worth your investment! Your associates and your accounting department will thank you!

Our associates are paid accurately and in a much more timely manner!

Certify review by ashley s.
ashley s.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to use while out and about. they also quickly and efficiently helped when we needed to change a report to CAD

What do you dislike?

sometimes the receipt date does not get scanned in correctly

none currently

benefits include less problems with user confusion

Certify review by User in Higher Education

"Great product, but overpriced"

What do you like best?

Certify is a platform that has some of the most basic features - this platform is good for making sure your expenses are shown properly to you, allowing you to track how much money you spend; they have a decent accounting software as well, but that's honestly it. There's not much about these guys that would make them sound awesome.

What do you dislike?

Certify's pricing is the only thing that slightly bothers me here. Quite obviously, with this platform, you can get something useful out of paying such a hefty price. But at least, there is a bright side, and it suggests that everything works fine, and even though I haven't used it much, I think Certify and almost everything they have is actually worth trying.

Keep track of companies expenses.

Certify review by Carl H.
Carl H.

"Implemented Certify in two companies"

What do you like best?

We have found Certify to be a simple to install, simple to use solution for expense reporting and reimbursement. In fact, at the first company, we had already installed another expense management system (another C-word that will go unnamed) and we switched to Certify because of it's ease of use, the availability of a list of medical professionals, and simplicity to implement.

At the latest company, the system replaced a paper-spreadsheet process that was almost unmanageable. Our reporting employees love the ease of use and our administrative staff have found it to be real time-saver. And it gives us excellent management oversight and control on spending.

What do you dislike?

Really, none... Support during implementation was excellent.

And post-implementation support has been very good.

Make expense reporting more efficient for travelling employees, provide better expense oversight and control to management and ease the administrative burden for approving and reimbursing employees.

Certify review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Certify - Expenses made Easy"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of capturing expenses and having them upload to the site. Using the Smartphone App it removes all of the issues with trying to keep track of receipts and management of expenses.

What do you dislike?

My only issue I have with the application is specific to my company. My company requires that we provide default values for some of the expense entry fields. When I have a lot of expenses to report it would be better to have these left as blank to start so that I know to review and update for each individual expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This solution simplified our expense process. We also added an integration from the Certify implementation to our ERP solution. This allowed us to quickly incorporated the expenses into our billing process as well as to reimburse employees for out of pocket expenses.

By capturing our expenses through Certify we have simplified the process of capturing expense. This has made the capture more timely and accurate.

Certify review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Certify Experience"

What do you like best?

Certify has been one of the best expense reporting apps. I think my favorite feature is the ability to take a picture of the receipts I have and allow the application to autofill the lines for me. Compared to some of my friends, my expense report is a breeze whereas theirs' is arduous to fill out.

What do you dislike?

Some of the challenges with it is submitting the report via mobile. Fortunately, as a work around, accessing the Certify website after uploading your receipts is simple to do and makes it incredibly efficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this app! This is by far the most efficient and user friendly way to handle expense reports!

By using Certify, it is a time saver and, on a personal level, I don't have the clutter of trying to keep receipts stashed on various parts of my desk. I think another benefit I've realized is I can maintain my expenses in a real time format rather than a traditional pen & paper, hold onto your receipts until you return method.

Certify review by User in Computer Software

"Great for anyone on the go"

What do you like best?

Having a great mobile app makes Certify easy to instantly use with all those small (and annoying) receipts because you can quickly snap a photo and it is ready for your next expense report. I found that the express report creation is also pretty intuitive, so if I've got everything loaded in my phone from a recent trip and then I'm online, I can quickly sync and be ready to submit.

What do you dislike?

If I could change anything, I would like to see the status of my expense reports from the mobile app. When you're on the road, it's nice to know the where in the approval process past reports are at in the review chain. Otherwise, everything works pretty flawlessly.

I can submit my expense reports easily and quickly, and I'm never hunting around for lost receipts any more. It's been a huge time saver, and I get reimbursed more quickly.

Certify review by teri m.
teri m.

"Easy on the budget and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Guys in the field have no problems using the app; Set up is fantastic - they have great staff especially when it comes to creating a report for download to our accounting system. ( we use Sage - timberline)

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a dislike - a couple too many approval steps

Recommendations to others considering the product

shopped several all seemed to have the same attributes really came down to cost

We have almost eliminated lost receipts. All links up to our American express. Reconciliation time has improved.

Certify review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Great mileage and expense tracker."

What do you like best?

I like being able to attach maps to get mileage. For my previous job, I was required to track my expenses and mileage using an excel spreadsheet that ended up being cumbersome. I like that certify has an easy to use interface that allows me to input all of my information for my business trip and it logs the reimbursement rate for me, takes the math and tediousness out of the project.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't select different routes for the maps that are uploaded. Sometimes I may take different ways than the way that is depicted in the map, which makes me wonder if this makes a difference in the mileage that I drive. I would love to be able to select different routes in the map that is uploaded to the mileage portion of certify. I would also like to see a difference in the thumbnail buttons that are next to the expenses in a draft expense report. It would be nice to be able to click the edit and delete buttons right away instead of having to click on the drop down menu to get to these features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that certify is a great product for businesses to use in tracking mileage and other expenses. I recommend considering Certify as an easy way for your employees to rack their expenses without much hassle.

Mileage and expense tracking. Great to be able to do it in an online database.

Certify review by Mike T.
Mike T.

"Finally an easy to use system to manage business travel and expenses"

What do you like best?

The app! The app is so easy to use. I can enter everything through my iPhone quickly and efficiently and when it comes time to review, most of my expenses are done. Fantastic program.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge is that on occasion, the images fail to upload.

Efficiency. The app and program increase efficiency.