(1,073 reviews)

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Work for Certify?

Learning about Certify?

Certify Reviews

Ask Certify a Question
Showing 1,098 Certify reviews
Certify review by Cheri T.
Cheri T.

"Everything you need at your finger tips"

What do you like best?

I love how Certify calculates the mileage. I also love that you can add the information from your receipts and add a photo of it. I love that you can message the person who is due to approve your expenses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app. I have tried to login from my phone and always have problems. I have to use my laptop in order to enter my expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to use Certify for all your expense needs. The calculations are phenomenal. I never have to figure out the totals, because Certify does it all. It also archives your expense reports in case you wan to go back and review them. It also saves some items in your wallet to be added to an expense report later.

I am not aware of any issues were are or were having, but if we were having any problem we aren't now.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Certify
Certify review by Samanta L.
Samanta L.

"Okay, they need to improve some aspects"

What do you like best?

It is a tool that has a very good idea to have a better control on expenses making it easier to keep an accounting that shows that you can save yourself and also keep track of miles on your trips. It has a good payment processor and everything is online.

What do you dislike?

It requires many confirmations when configuring, the design should be more organized and simple so that this does not happen to have confirmations of what is being edited. It is very difficult to configure the start, it takes time to get used to the platform. There are many entries that have to be made manually, this means that the work of this tool does not comply with the standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if I recommend, but it's worth trying. Everyone with their tastes and methodology of the platforms.

In itself the platform has a good orientation, proposing to take better control on expenses without stressful use excel sheets but there are things that must be improved to see if it is very profitable to take advantage, in addition there are many delays in lso reimbursements that a banking institution does faster.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Certify review by Steven J.
Steven J.

"Simple and Effective Application for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and I appreciate the way it accurately reports the distance traveled with a map included to show how long the travel would be.

I have only used it a handful of occasions, but each time it flawlessly records my records and prepares them for correspondence to my supervisor(s) and team leader for review and approval. I then successfully receive my reimbursement by the next pay stub.

I've also never had any issues when needing to create a new password or reach out to customer support for clarification.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Customizing the layout colors may be a nice feature if not already available to make the amount of white/blue you see on screens all day diminish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works quite well so I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good model for reimbursements with your company.

Reporting mileage for reimbursement and for other reimbursement options (meals, purchasing supplies, lodging and other business expenses made using personal cash or credit cards).

Certify review by John H.
John H.

"gets the job done"

What do you like best?

our organization used to use excel spreadsheets to do expenses - a cumbersome job! certify has made life so much easier when it comes to expense reports. what i like best is that i can take a picture of the receipt in the app and then i don't have to keep up with that receipt any longer! It is also very helpful that Certify searches my expense report for potential duplicate receipts, even from previous expense reports. For those who travel internationally, it is expedient that I know longer have to look up current exchange rates because Certify does this for me.

What do you dislike?

i am still finding the automatic feature of having certify fill in my expense from the receipt a bit spotty - hopefully this will improve with usage. also, i have problems with the app taking a photo of the receipt; often, after taking the receipt photo, it exits the certify app and I have to log in and begin again. A workaround for this problem is to take a digital photo with Microsoft Lens and then use that image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything that Certify does for our company, they do well. From ease of entering expenses to ease of creating and submitting an expense report. Whether from the website or that app, this has changed the ballgame and made expense reports much less painful!

now there is clarity in terms of when expense reports of employees have been turned in and where it is in the process - super helpful.

Certify review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Certify - the most efficient way to go"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service. When I have questions or if any employees have questions there's always a way to get an answer. The rep assigned to our account, Amy Teen, is sweet, efficient, and knowledgeable. I also love the ease of use of the app. Just take a picture with your phone and you're set. No more having to deal with physical receipts.

What do you dislike?

This is very particular to our account. The filtering. I would like to be able to select two or three filters on projects for my employees. Currently it's a one or all filtering scheme. I also wish there was a way to program combinations of project and category. Currently the employee can select an indirect project and a direct category. This causes more work for our AP manager and a discrepancy between what's in Certify and what's in our Accounting system. Yes - there are employees who will select an indirect project and then select Direct Materials Billable, and approvers who don't pay attention. I just wish there was a way to dummy proof the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it? It's great, it's easy, while Certify does offer amazing training opportunities make it a requirement that employees attend some form of training.

There is - generally - a quicker turnaround between the employee incurring the cost and the cost getting uploaded into our accounting system. This enables a quicker turnaround in billing the customer and getting reimbursed. Also, the biggest benefit is that the employee is happier. The ease of use of the app has made a lot of employees very happy.

Certify review by Tara L.
Tara L.

"Quick, Easy, Dependable"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to fill out and turn in each week. It makes something that isn't my favorite part of the job (but a very important part) extremely easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike much, but the autofill does not always pull accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extremely easy way for employees to keep track of their costs related to the business. It has helped with tracking my own expenses for work as well as receive timely and accurate reimbursements for all of my expenses, from gifts for clients to mileage and travel. It has been extremely helpful in that and the support team has been helpful the few times I've used them. I also appreciate knowing that if I make any mistakes (if I'm completing it in a rush), all mistakes are caught because of the different levels of checking measures. It's been a wonderful product for what my company uses it for.

For a larger company, it is a very easy way to ensure that reimbursements are made quick and accurate. It has helped me keep track of my own finances as well in that all of my business receipts are in one place.

Certify review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Expenses Simplified"

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly capture my receipts while I'm on the road. All I have to do is snap a photo of the receipt, use the built-in receipt-reader that helps to pre-fill the fields required for each receipt and verify the auto-filled information is correct. Once all my receipts are in, all I have to do is sync, create a new expense report, and submit! I use the mobile app the most and finish off my reports on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I'd say the auto-fill doesn't work 100% of the time. Lately it has been giving me odd dates for the receipts or capturing random numbers as totals. I've been manually filling in the fields lately due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know what other applications are out there for expense-tracking, but Certify is definitely easy to use and easily accessible from anywhere.

I travel quite a lot for work so keeping up with multiple receipts per day can be difficult. We have a per-diem that is worked into Certify to help us keep our expenses on track. It makes things very easy for payroll to get the information they need, coded the way they need it. Certify is great in that you can access your receipts from anywhere once you have them captured. You can either take a photo of your receipt with your phone or upload from your files.

Certify review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"Certainly will reduce your expenses"

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. As it is cloud based, the expenses can be seen by both the team on the field and also the team in office.You even have an option of a free trial version which you can decide in order to buy or not. Also, it takes a few days initially but after that, Certify in my opinion is the most straight forward and easy software to use. Customization was even possible so my company took full use of this feature as well

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with their Technical support team as help is not readily available. A couple of times, I was transferred to some other person / representative as the initial officer didn't have the correct know how or expertise. While setting up, I faced a few problems and in order to solve them, I had to watch online videos or ask other friends who are already using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I would recommend this software. Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses, time and effort ?! Must have!

Because of Certify, my travel expenses have gone down drastically. Certify has been a huge blessing to me and my company. As I am a Manager to operaions in 3 countries, I travle a lot. Certify helps in not only keeping a track of my expenses but also reduces my time and effort for creating, submitting, approving and reimbursing for my T&D account. I only scan the receipt for my expenses and it automatically gets updated on the Certify software. Moreover, after my trip, I can then compare which expenses to reduce the next time I go saving me a lot of money.

Certify review by Cheyenne D.
Cheyenne D.

"Great and intuitive expense management."

What do you like best?

Certify is easy to use software, with a charming and very useful design. I love that you can have it in a mobile application, it is much easier in that way. Managing expenses makes work easier. Learning to manage the software to be able to apply it to daily work was really simple. The management of expenses is understandable, you can send things through mobile, mail or from the PC, which is so versatile makes everything much simpler.

What do you dislike?

I had small inconveniences, but consult with customer support and solve everything in a matter of minutes. For this reason I can not complain about the skills and abilities that all the software has as a whole, it has many things to offer, which I find sensational.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using it is simple, easy and provides help in various ways. It is modern and understandable, it represents a very large utility. I recommend that you try it and see the great advantages it can bring to your life.

It is great for the workflow, it contributes greatly to facilitate the work of managing expenses in different ways. We all now have more clarity to understand all the processes of collection and reimbursement. It allows to better manage the work of expenses which saves time invested in this and allows us to perform better and faster the administrative processes.

Certify review by Gavin H.
Gavin H.

"Great experience with zero hassle"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. It is intuitive and makes it easy to submit an expense report on my own.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything. I've ran into some issues with the receipt uploader and viewer, but usually one hit of the refresh button and everything works okay again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should absolutely use Certify. The user interface is intuitive, the real-time tracking of the expense reports is great, and the system works with zero issues. I only use this software to upload expense reports for my manager's and HR' approval, but I know that it has more capabilities and I think that it would be wise to use Certify.

For my position, I'm only using Certify to submit expense reports. The benefits include being able to see the progression of my expense report and seeing who has approved or requested more information.

Certify review by Angela  S.
Angela S.

"Easier than a math equation! "

What do you like best?

I love the phone app features allowing you to take a picture of the receipt right after your purchase. I tend to leave my receipts in the bag and by time I remember the receipt I have already lost it or thrown it away.

What do you dislike?

I have not had one feature that I did not like. If there was a feature that I needed I would check Certify and low-and-behold they have already implemented it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great feature to add for yourself and all upper level management employees.

I use Certify to log all my receipts from the purchases on my Corporate Credit Card and any personal purchases that my company would reimburse me for. I can use my phone app to hold my receipts and then sync them to my online certify and submit everything all at once.

Certify review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Easy to use, efficient expense management"

What do you like best?

Easy to track and manage expenses via mobile app or website. Website is designed in a friendly manner which is easy to use and navigate. The expense submission process is flexible; with submissions acceptable via scanning from the mobile app, email or via document upload from your PC.

What do you dislike?

My expenses wont always come over via email, but with alternative methods of uploading docs, it is not a total loss. Additionally, the status of my claims never seems to update, even if I know I've already received reimbursement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From an end user perspective, it is a great product. My only gripe is with administration of the product, but I suspect that is more of an internal organization issue and not one with the product itself.

Streamlined workflow management of our expense reimbursement process. Managers are able to ask questions about expenses and get further clarity about an expense before just approving at face value.

Certify review by Shannon F.
Shannon F.

"Easy to manage travel expenses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is an easy-to-use app that you can use to track your travel expenses in real-time, rather than doing it all when you get back to the office.

What do you dislike?

If all fields are not filled out (even fields that are not applicable to you), it comes up as an error and doesn't let you submit. There's a little troubleshooting involved in that. Also, if you enter your destinations into the map to track mileage, it's never been accurate for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for travelling for business! Just make sure to walk your employees through it the first time, because it can be a little confusing if you make a little mistake, such as not filling out all of the fields correctly or entering your mileage in wrong.

Our company used to manage travel expenses internally, which consisted of filling out an excel sheet and physically taping receipts to printer paper and giving them to Accounting. Certify makes everything online and makes it so much easier to travel. After you take a snapshot of the receipt, you don't have to worry about keeping track of it!

Certify review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"NOT RECOMMENDED!!!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has potential, but you really need to login to their web portal to complete an expense report. You will spend more time filling out boxes, pull-downs and correcting mistakes than you will doing any other "old fashioned" way (as I do, with an Excel spreadsheet).

What do you dislike?

The website for actually compiling your expenses is HORRIBLE. It is very slow, overly complicated, and poorly organized. If you like clicking your mouse, then you might like Certify. I'm guessing you need at least 30 mouse clicks PER RECIEPT (minimum) and that doesn't count the time you'll spend on the mobile app and/or email to send/upload receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just wait for this service to mature, or look elsewhere for something similar. This is far from ready for prime time yet. Skip it.

It seems I have just created more work for myself by using Certify. I'm going back to a much faster and efficient, albeit manual method of compiling expense reports.

Certify review by Renee P.
Renee P.

"Certify is a great tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease and simplicity of the program. I like that it is all very organized and mobile friendly so things can get done in the moment.

What do you dislike?

Often, I will not know exactly where to put something or the mileage/trip was confusing to learn but easier to understand once I taught it to someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, this is a great product and I would say better than the last one I used at a different organization.

When used properly it can really help our accounting department keep our expenses organized and categorized well. We also can track where our Sales people are going and see what they are doing to provide a great experience and entice them to use our services.

Certify review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Do not waste your time or money!!!"

What do you like best?

They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.

What do you dislike?

Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there.

They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly.

The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time or money on this software! They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.

Certify has a great sales team, but that seems to be where the customer service ends and loads of issues begin.

We spent many weeks researching the best options for what we were looking for in an expense tracking software. We tried several trials and lastly ended with choosing Certify for the job. Talking with our sales rep, it sounded like a dream! He addressed each of our concerns and assured us everything we were looking for was within their app.

After we signed the contract, we experienced our first taste of what was to follow in how we were to be treated. We set up our first meeting to get started, and after confirming verbally, via email, and google calendar invite, our Account Manager was a no-show. No, follow up, emails, or calls to let us know either. We waited in the meeting link for 30 minutes before we reached out asking what had happened. The response we received was not of an apologetic one, but more of an “oops, I guess I forgot”. With this sort of response, we asked that an honour would be placed in that if the software was to not work for us, we could exit our contract without a penalty. Our sales rep agreed that this was a reasonable request, and confirmed we would have an exit option without penalty if their software did not work out for us.

We contacted our reps and let them know the software was not working for us. We tried, but it left us doing more work than our prior manual process. After requesting our account to be terminated, we were given penalties to be paid for exiting our contract agreement early. We asked why we were being charged after our rep agreed to no penalties, and their answer was that they resolved all of our questions and concerns. So because they gave us information on how to get around their faulty system, we had to pay the penalties for ending the contract.

Do not waste your time or money on this software!

Certify review by Dustin A.
Dustin A.

"Certify is fast and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the turn around times on reimbursement compared to the old route of filling out forms manually. I like the web interface compared to the phone interface

What do you dislike?

I think the phone app could be a little more user friendly. I use it to take a picture of receipts, but I'd like to be able to complete the whole process on the phone. I usually just log into the certify site after uploading the receipt and complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to those considering certify. It's ease of use and centralized format work well within our company.

I believe we're solving issues with record keeping and quickness of processes involving reimbursement of funds for employee fringe benefits and costs.

Certify review by Wendell J.
Wendell J.

"Certify is the Best Expense Report software I have every used"

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly, you take a snap shot of your receipt upload it a few more clicks and you are finished with your expense report. This is the fastest system I have ever used to create an expense report and my company does an excellent job of reimbursing funds within a day or two.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I do not like about Certify. The system is great and I am totally satisfied with all the features I am using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely need to try this product, you will love the ease and accuracy of your expense reports.

The benefits I have realized using Certify is that it allows me to keep track of my receipts in my phone, no more putting receipts in an envelope and hoping not to misplace a receipt. By keeping the receipts electronically I am able to complete my expense reports faster and more accurately. As a result, it allows for faster reimbursements and frees up available funds for any needed additional purchases.

Certify review by User

"easy to use "

What do you like best?

the auto population for mileage and being able to add trips

What do you dislike?

fewer steps if possible when filling in the same routes

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I was sent my first reimbursement for some reason it was sent as a check and the people at ceritfy put in my wrong addressed. they first put the ownership of the mistake on me and then told me I had to send them a screen shot of my HR record to confirm my address. I sent that an was told they would follow up. Never did. I had gotten the check the next day and called them to ask if they had put a stop check and reissued the new check and the first operator couldn't answer and had to speak w/the same superviosor from the day before. Before listening to the issue she tells me first off that I have not allowed them time to correct my address. That wasn't the reason I had to call back. Horrbile support.

Tracking my business expenses in all areas. I never tracked before because the older method was to time consuming.

Certify review by Steven W.
Steven W.

"Easy, Fast and Convenient Why would you use anything else?"

What do you like best?

Takes me less time to do a month work of expenses than it took me to do a week with my previous company. Ease of use. Flexibility to use with my phone. Also it is intuitive and if I have chosen certain restaurants or Hotels it remembers them. That helps out a lot. The time savings, ease of use and having no hassle works for me. I can spend more time on day to day operations iwthout being bogged down on my expenses. This was a common frustration and dread with my previous company. Now when I take a few minutes a day and capture my receipts, all I spend is a quick doublecheck to confirm accuracy or if I missed anything.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would jump out to me is that it takes a little bit of time to get my reimbursement back. That can be significant if you are paying your credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My previous company should have used this instead of what they had. This is so much easier and effcient. If people spend a couple minutes a day on this, it is very easy to finsih and submit when my deadline is for reimbursement. The only way you could fall behind is by choice.,

Accuracy and speed for adding my expenses. Minutes a day to add and sort my receipts. You can put a price tag on time savings. I am much more efficient using this product.

Certify review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy and effcient to use with smartphones"

What do you like best?

With Certify, it's easy to enter my mileage and travel expenses on my smartphone no matter where I am. I can easily take photos of my receipt and upload them into the app. It's also a breeze to submit this information to my manager. The efficiency of the app means that I receive my reimbursement quickly without much of a wait.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Certify app will change the dates for my reimbursements - I assume there is a bug in the app that causes this. The app will not always allow me to correct the dates. I also wish that the app allowed me to upload screenshots or photos of receipts that are already stored in my phone instead of forcing me to take a photo within the app itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Certify to others since it's easy to use and it's available on smartphones.

I receive my travel reimbursements much faster with Certify than I did at my previous employer, which did not utilize Certify. I appreciate having a high-tech solution to travel reimbursement that I can utilize on my smartphone. The app interface is overall very user-friendly and I am always notified of status updates regarding my reimbursements.

Certify review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"Easy to use, great for travel"

What do you like best?

I am one who has a hard time keeping track of receipts, especially on my longer trips. With Certify, I take pictures as I go, stuff the receipts in my computer bag and hope for the best. If I lose one or one is too damaged to read, no problem, the pic is all I really need. The backend of Certify makes life easier for us accounting folks as well. The front end is way easier than Concur, but the back end is roughly equivalent in flexibility and user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

I have not found something to dislike about Certify

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our install of Certify lacks the module to support reservations and itinerary organization, but as a simple solution to track expense reports, it is cheap and easy to use and administer, and has reasonably good controls.

Unlike most of our software, we have yet to have a support issue post-implementation.

Our old system for travel was just everyone submitting expense reports on company cards. Now, people use their own cards, and we have never had late payment and the expense report liability is easy to balance.

Certify review by Randy P.
Randy P.

"Horrible if you have a lot of expenses or strange use case"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very nice, you can do alot on it. They spent some time here.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The Web app interface is horribly horribly slow if you have a lot of expenses.

I was sold something that was great, however they dont fully understand how their product works and while "technically" we can use Certify, It literally takes me a full minute to edit an expense if someone gets a category wrong.

They have a handy dandy "merge" feature that matches up receipts to charge, but if you have over 100 receipts THEY TURN IT OFF! Why? No one can answer this nor does anyone have a solution.

While they spent a lot of time on the phone app the web app they cut corners or limit you on purpose, Im not sure which. We are a web development company and it appalls me that they have this kind of user experience, and its worse because I am forced to use this now!

We are seeing random charges not import into Certify as well, so I have to audit the CC transactions because I cannot trust the system. So I will have to do everything twice!

If you have a lot of expenses, or are going to let them pile up, this will hurt.

I see there are 99% positive reviews on Certify so I can only think that:

1) We are a too large of a company to be Certify clients

2) We were way oversold on the capabilities of Certify

3) We fit a nice niche where our use case just doesn't mesh with their systems (why did they take our money?)

Im not sure which one is ours but I wish I never found them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are always going to have less than 50 transaction (they count receipt and charges seperately) then you'll probably be fine, if your going to NEVER let your receipts pile up you'll probably be fine.

I have realized triple the amount of time it takes me to finish reconciling my expenses due to the fact that I have to use this product. I paid up front for 18 months NEVER DO THIS. We had some important projects going on and let a couple months go by without reconciliation and its taking forever to catch up. If they had the Merge feature working all the time it would be much better.

Certify review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Certify is the Best Expense Reporting Tool for Any Size Company "

What do you like best?

Certify is so easy to use and it can do a number of different things. Even if you are only needing it to track spending, it allows you complete control. The mobile app is great and everyone loves using it. No more attaching receipts to a spreadsheet means, no more losing receipts or having to keep up with them. Just snap a photo of the receipt, load and sync. It is stored forever. There are different types of reports you can generate from Certify. Track and monitor spending is what we needed it for the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one thing I can say that is somewhat negative and that would be the not 100% accurate Autofill button. It helps if you have a clean receipt, but it does not always capture all of the information correctly and you still have to key in some of the information. This is minor in comparison to everything that Certify does and does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would highly recommend this product to any size company. Whether you have less than 40 to over 1000 employees. It is cost effective and simple to use.

We are able to track spending which created awareness for our marketing and travel expenses to be more conscious when booking travel.

Certify review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Department Level Budgeting is a Breeze"

What do you like best?

Team members can submit their reports to not only their immediate managers for approval, but it can be submitted up to another level of managers. It allows the people who need to see it, to actually see it. Also, I enjoy the ability to export the data into spreadsheets. I also LOVE the mobile app!

What do you dislike?

Preparing an expense report isn't the most user friendly experience, especially if you need to split an expense into multiple categories.

We are creating unity for department managers. We have set department budgets and Certify allows us to effectively manage where we are at.

Certify review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"CERTIFY is the best software for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

“I have used Certify many times over the past few years and have come to love it. It is very user friendly and keeps your history so to save time it automatically inputs your previous destinations as you type etc. You can keep a draft going so you can input once a day or weekly so that is a great feature. Not only is it easier than filling out old excel spreadsheets, it saves time by automatically e-mailing your direct supervisor for approval once it is submitted. I would recommend every company use this easy software for expense reporting.”

What do you dislike?

If you forget your password it takes a few steps to get a temporary one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should look into whether CERTIFY is a good fit for them. The employees will love it I guarantee it.

It solves the problem of using paperwork or excel spreadsheets to keep track of your business expenses and mileage. Much faster and more organized with CERTIFY.

Certify review by Suzanne G.
Suzanne G.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding support, product is easy to use. Certify handles all the back end implementation. Their employees are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. So far, we have not found any issues to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several products. It was important to find a company with good support, that was located in the United States, easy to use, and cost effective. From the moment I spoke with Certify I was impressed. No heavy sales pitch, just an information filled call. The product sells itself.

We were in desperate need of an updated expense program. One that our travelling consultants could use easily, from anywhere. Whether you are tech savvy or not, this product is easy to use. It makes my job so much easier.

Certify review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Certify makes my employee reimbursements simple and faster"

What do you like best?

How quickly my reimbursements are processed.

What do you dislike?

Just the confusion of implementing and using a new tool in general. I don't even count this against this product specifically.. as it pertains to any new company-wide product "generally speaking".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I guarantee it will simply the whole process for you. The best advice i could possibly give anyone is as simple as that.. Just try it and see. You won't ever want to go back to using anything else once you do.

Eliminating the constant emailing of spreadsheets to Managers and HR in order to track expenses, request approvals, and having to save them all on my laptop. Additionally, this basically allows you save and store receipts as well.

Certify review by Frances G.
Frances G.

"So simple and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

Our company started using Certify about a year or so ago and I love how simple and user friendly the process is! You just pick your date, use your code of what it was for (mileage, cell phone reimbursement, etc.) and save your information. I love being able to just send a picture of a receipt directly from my phone and not having to bother with scanning them in every time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to not like about this product. You just choose what you need reimbursement for and submit! Only additional information would be to add a receipt if you have one and that's just as simple!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Certify!

Using the certify process just minimizes errors on your expense reports. Everything is there to be filled in and it eliminates all the paper trails. Just submit electronically and your manager will receive an email informing him/her that an expense report is ready to review!

Certify review by David J.
David J.

"Intuitive and Well Supported Online Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

The system just works well with very little need for IT support. Our users caught on quickly and are able to access the 24/5 support when they have questions. There have been no real issues for us since we switched.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it took a littile bit of time for me to figure out how to set up the approval flows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Certify to anyone looking for an online expense reimbursment service.

We had may major headaches with our previous provider TriNet Expense and were looking for a better solution that was fairly priced with great support. We found that with Certify.

Certify review by Rose N.
Rose N.

"Certify Saved My Job!"

What do you like best?

Certify saved time for our staff, managers, and accountants. It is so EASY to use and set up it makes every step of implementing to using the product easy.

What do you dislike?

I need more information on updates, when they happen and what has changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Certify in leu of traditional paper reports or even competition like Expensify because the customer service is Quality! Every step of the way I feel supported and I am always offered continued education to better be able to use the tools. It makes my sales team happy when using it, and my mangers happy they don't have to spend a lot of timing reviewing it because it is so easily formatted. As the admin and accountant role, I have lots of data to pull reports and visibility to accessing and supporting whole team. It has great improve all aspects of expenses for us.

We saved our staff from losing expense receipts, and saved time at all levels of processing credit card expenses and reimbursements. I also love knowing there are always digital copies and I don't have to print all the documents to save resources because environmental conscientiousness is very valuable to my companys mission.

Certify review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Certify User"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of the receipt when the transaction takes place and not having to save printed receipts. I can take a picture right at the time of the transaction and not have to worry about keeping track of my receipts.

What do you dislike?

Some receipts are printed too light and I need to make corrections to the autofill. There really is not anything to dislike about this product. At least not for the features I utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program is straight forward to use.

This saves time for the employee submitting the expense, the manager approving the expense and the accounts payable department for handling. Since it is so easy to use, you can take pictures of the receipt at the time of the transaction and you no more have to keep track of paper receipts and/or worry about not being able to find a receipt for reimbursement.

Certify review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Simplifies life."

What do you like best?

All information fits together nicely, and the approval process is streamlined.

What do you dislike?

Can't create (or can't find) a way to submit a purchase without tying it to a Report, unlike with the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, it is a great time-saving tool. As someone who has to approve other users, it is nice to have all of the information readily available when the form is submitted. You can review the information for accuracy, view the receipt, and approve it to the next level or deny it within minutes.

Company credit card purchases, travel and mileage.

Certify review by Milena V.
Milena V.

"Save your time and keep the money safe"

What do you like best?

Certify lets you have an easy and quick reports on traveling. You can build it with new infos in no time during the travel.

What do you dislike?

I can't find really anything that is not so good at moment with the service. There was a time when you have problems with autofillng infos. But now everything is back to normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easier than usign and Excel spreadsheet and even fastest. Just try it if you get the change. You will be happy for this.

Now I do not have to travel with the idea that I've to store and collect and do not loose anything from my travel. Now I feel myself free and weel organized.

Certify review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Certify is Life Changing"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to snap pictures of receipts and upload on the go, no more keeping up with tons of paper!

What do you dislike?

The app isn't the greatest, when you are creating an expense report, it opens the website inside the app, so not the best interface on a phone.

Certify makes the submission and approval of expense reports so much quicker. I don't have to wait for my supervisor to wade through a stack of papers on this desk, he just goes online when the gets the email to review and approve within minutes.

Certify review by Marty C.
Marty C.

"happy user"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy. I like the expense turn around time. I like that it allows me to deal with less paperwork less filing and less follow up requirements. I like the idea that i get individual e mails for every step of the process from submittal to acceptance and to final processing. I Like the convenience of having the ability to capture an expense reciept at the time of purchase and fill in the particulars and details right then.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have certain fields " set able" could make a great app Fantastic. If There were 3-4 fields that could be settable in setings it would lessen expense filing even further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It woud be very helpful if i could set my branch and cost center and not have to enter it for each expense.

Automation via the phone app allows less time to be re imbursed, less paperwork to handle and more accurate accounting of expenses that sometime fall through the cracks. I copy my expense reciepts as they are incurred and it is very simple to draft and submit an expense report. I can also fill in details and monitor an area where i"m incurring expense and match to areas where i'm making sales. It also allows me to detail the proper branch and cost center where the expense belongs as it is happening. a perfect example is where i had 2 customers from 2 different branches and broke up those expenses accordingly.

Certify review by User in Packaging and Containers
User in Packaging and Containers

"Super Easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to submit expenses into draft when they occur so they do not get lost in the shuffle of traveling or day to day activities. I also like that you are notified of the progress each expense is making in the approval process. This becomes important especially when you might have more then 1 going through the process at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had 1 bad experiencve with Certify to have anything to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although my experience is strictly for processing of expense reports, I'd highly recommend Certify to co-workers and other companies. The amount of time and expense that is saved is worth the change. It is easy to learn and very flexible.

The benefit of processing expense reports in a more timely fashion.

Certify review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Certify makes it so easy!!!"

What do you like best?

The ease of submitting expenses. The old paper and mail system was so much more time consuming and getting the reimbursements took so much longer.

What do you dislike?

I seem to have issues when I try to use the mobile app. I can do the website on my phone just fine but the app doesn't ever want to synch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing expense reimbursement the old stone age way, give Certify a shot. They will streamline your process.

Being able to upload receipts as I go is a huge time saver.

Certify review by Savannah  B.
Savannah B.

"Certify saves time and catches possible errors while speeding up reimbursement. "

What do you like best?

I like how quickly the reports are finished and the way Certify can screen for possible errors and duplicates.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some of the formatting shows up. For example, it takes a long time to find a particular charge. I would like it more if the vendors were listed along side the category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the tutorial! It made the process much more clear to me and highlighted features I hadn't yet discovered.

The main benefit for me is productivity: the reports are finished quickly and reimbursement happens in a matter of days.

Certify review by W. Devin W.
W. Devin W.

"We Love Certify"

What do you like best?

I love that my business credit card is linked to Certify so that every time a charge hits my credit card, an expense is generated in my expense report section. This makes it easy to ensure that I don't forget any expenses in my report. I also love how easy it is to send and attach receipts.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the automated expense reports to happen. I still have to go in every month to create my expense reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a great software upgrade for our team. We have loved using it. It helps us streamline our expense processing in ways we never thought possible before.

We signed up because we were tired of having employees submit incomplete expense reports late. Certify has helped us track and turn in receipts more accurately and on time than ever before.

Certify review by Brenda W.
Brenda W.

"Certify is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that I can start an expense report at the beginning of the month and add to it when I have expenses. This helps me from having to keep records. I also like the mobile feature. It is so easy to upload receipts. I have not found anything I do not like about Certify...it is SO much easier than paper expense reports!

What do you dislike?

I truly do not dislike anything about Certify. It is so much easier than using and submitting paper expense reports!

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and convenient!

Record keeping. Keeping mileage or going to another website to calculate mileage from one location to another! I have realized not losing reimbursements due to losing receipts or forgetting to submit an expense report. I can submit a report weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. That is SO convenient for me!

Certify review by Maria J.
Maria J.

"Best investment ever! "

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly and saves hundreds of hours in expense reporting. Is very easy and is efficient, all employees now focus on other items besides having to deal with hard copy - expenses and have become more organized with this simple program. On the accounting side, this program provides tons of reports in detail for all AP related reporting and is less time consuming.

What do you dislike?

Up to this moment, there is nothing that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate on switching over, your employees will thank you!

Went from paper expenses to electronic filing. More organization, more efficiency, less time dealing with expenses and tons of paperwork.

Certify review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Certify Review"

What do you like best?

Compiling entries into expense reports is easy. Having a mobile option to enter information is super useful and really the only way I use it.. Autofill with receipts is convenient. The "save and add segment" button is awesome because it helps you to enter multiple legs of travel quickly.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes when a sync fails it creates duplicate entries that I have to manually delete.

2. There isn't an option for you to save and add another leg of a trip unless you start from work which is really annoying because I regularly start from home on travel that is not round trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with a stable connection so your items sync properly. Enter receipts as you get them instead of waiting until the end of the month.

It helps to track mileage and expenses which is useful and it generally easy to navigate.

Certify should consider implementing a notification to complete a mileage entry when you've started or finished a trip. Also, please move the "save and add segment" to the travel from home option as well.

Certify review by Javier L.
Javier L.

"Useful, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Certify is the kind of software every company should have. It's useful and very easy to use. To have all your expenses organized just in very single steps is an advantage. I like the possibility that I can prepare my expenses report in a professional way.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have nothing to complain about this software. I have used it in my expenses reports, in my travel as well. Nothing negative for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggested to my other previous companies about this software, to safe time and money.

I am having all my expenses information very well organized, something that I had to do by myself in Excel spreadsheets. Now I have everything with maps included. I like the way we can report the expenses using credit cards.

Certify review by John S.
John S.

"certify"

What do you like best?

its the easiest expense software ive used. everything is filled in super quickly and its very intuitive. the mobile act is amazing and you dont even need to do anything online. it fills in everything very quickly...i dont even have to think about it which is exaclty what i want when i am on the road and i just want to get reimbursed quickly

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything i dont like. the app loads super quickly and never crashes. my boss likes it when we use it so it works for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely give it a try. i think it definitely works

submitting my expenses are 100 times easier. i just snap a picture of the receipt right when i get it.

Certify review by Monica B.
Monica B.

"Anticipates needs"

What do you like best?

Certify makes my life so much easier when it comes to being reimbursed for the travel I encounter, due to my job. I can just take a picture of my receipts, submit them through the app, and in no time I receive reimbursement for for expenses. Even when I’m in the middle of nowhere, I can store the image of the receipt in the app, and submit once I have internet connection.

What do you dislike?

I find the app to be a little laggy at times when uploading, regardless of my connection. I sometimes have to resubmit a time or two before it processes.

Before I used to lose receipts before I could submit them to accounting. Now, I just take a picture once I receive my receipt. I don’t have a purse full of paper anymore.

Certify review by Administrator

"Easy to Use Expense Mgmt Tool"

What do you like best?

Certify is very intuitive to the point that many of our users just started using it successfully before taking the training and were able to do the basics. The support is exceptional for us - the knowledge base can answer most questions but if not a quick chat will or a support ticket gets a response in 24 hrs or less.

What do you dislike?

From the admin side it would be helpful to have more access control in order to better distinguish between system admin and business operational control.

We have moved from a paper based system to electronic and all of the benefits of that, including improved accuracy, reduced manual processes, improved timeliness and automating the accounting processes.

Certify review by User

"Excellente every time"

What do you like best?

You can upload the receipts by sending them to one email address, so you never lose a receipt, and it shows the subject line when you do your expense report. This makes it very easy and not that time consuming.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing that bothers me, it is overall a very good process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It saves a lot of money considering how easy it is to use, and how much paper you can safe while going completely digital.

I am saving a lot of time doing my expense report, and I am also saving a lot of time verifying the expense report of my team. Further it is digital so you don't waste any paper.

Certify review by Jeffrey J.
Jeffrey J.

"VP-Business Lending"

What do you like best?

The product allows a very easy solution of keeping track of your expense receipts

What do you dislike?

The receipts don't always autofill, so you need to watch that all information is saved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and provides great organization of your receipts

Keeping track of multiple receipts and the proper classification of the expenses. Organization is excellent with being able to take a picture of the receipt as soon as you have it and get the expense properly classified immediately.

Certify review by daryl B.
daryl B.

"I don't hate my expense reports anymore"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use -no more paper. Ability to take photos right from phone and autop draft report is excellent

What do you dislike?

Can't access old expense reports from mobile app

It use to take me hours to complete my expense reports becuase I was digging for receipts and or I lost receipts. Certify makes it easy because I can snap a photo of my receipt right when the expense is incurred and it is stored until I am ready

Learn more about Certify

Certify Videos

Learning about Certify?

* We monitor all Certify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,073 reviews)