Certify

Certify

409 ratings
4139.410
Compare Request a Demo
Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Certify Reviews (413 reviews)

• Certify allows me to quickly enter expenses and receipts and submit for approval. The simple workflow ensures that expense reports are reviewed, approved, and paid...Read More
    Shaun T.
    User in Oil & Energy
  • Prior to the implementation of Certify our expense reporting system's main flaw was the lack of visibility of where the reports were in the process. Certify has...Read More
    0 u ug0360nbgolqtguasj0c6tnpvm1lhgmkzg0 bawkay2tcccqyali1hsrslkg3asamprxmzvxhj
    JaNyka D.
G2 Crowd User: Shaun T.
Validated Review

Easy to use paperless expense reporting.

What do you like best?

Certify allows me to quickly enter expenses and receipts and submit for approval. The simple workflow ensures that expense reports are reviewed, approved, and paid quickly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike. The only thing that was a little confusing was that I had to "Archive" my expense reports. It makes sense that the recipient would have to be the one to confirm the payment was made, but perhaps there should be a message that appears when you have items that have been pending payment for more than a week. This would prompt users to go and archive them (or follow-up if they had not yet received payment).

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Our prior process involved downloading and printing out an Excel spreadsheet. Getting our manager to sign the spreadsheet, then attaching all receipts and dropping it off with accounting. This process quickly stalled if the manager was not available or if no one in accounting was available to process the expense report. This led to longer reimbursement times and more follow-up needed to ensure that nothing had been "lost". With Certify, I fill out my report online (within minutes) and submit directly to my manager. Since he can review the expenses and receipts online, he can review and approve the report from anywhere. Because I am notified along the way, I always know what step my report is in and don't have to continually follow-up. Overall this is a great time saver.

G2 Crowd User: Bryan B.
Validated Review

Straightforward interface and easy to track expenses on the road

What do you like best?

I have used a number of travel expense systems over the years and Certify is one of the most accessible to a traveler. The tools to capture receipt images and link them to a report make tracking things very easy - and reduces the hassle of keeping track of all those paper receipts over the course of a trip. On my last trip to San Francisco I was able to capture all the images in the cab ride to the airport and not have to worry about this when I got back to the office.

What do you dislike?

When I have entered an expense manually and then later added an image I did not see a way to link the two together. Instead I ended up with 2 expenses and had to delete one. It may very well be a training issue on my end but it was not overly intuitive on how to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would like to see multiple levels of approval. Currently we have 2 levels - one for a manager and one for the accounting team to authorize payment. In a project environment I would like to give the Project Managers the ability to review and approve project expenses. As it works today expenses could be logged & paid without the PM ever seeing them until after the fact.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Accurately capturing traveler expenses that will be billed back to customers for projects with billable travel would be the biggest business problem. Our team that goes onsite needs to make sure that all business related travel is properly recorded and assigned to the proper project.

G2 Crowd User: Michael C.

Satisfied End User

What do you like best?

Certify makes it easy for me to manage my expenses and make sure that I'm following all of my company's guidelines for submission. Any issues with a particular expense are clearly identified and easy to resolve. The per diem wizard is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'm not 100% fond of the mobile upload process, but that may be because I like to manage my expense reports manually. The automatic categorization and population of information based on analysis of the receipt doesn't always work perfectly, and I don't like having to go through the process of modifying that data after the fact. I'd rather just input the information correctly the first time around. That being said, I understand why the software is set up to do what it does as I'm probably the exception to the rule when it comes to being very on top of my expenses and receipt management while on the road. To that end, after scanning and sorting my receipts on my laptop once I'm home, uploading those receipts and assigning them to my manually created expense lines is very easy and straightforward.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I did not have a lot of expense reports to submit in my old jobs. But when I did have reports to submit, everything was done on paper forms. In my current job, having the ability to handle all of my expense reports digitally is a huge plus, given that I'm a home-based worker who travels quite a bit. If I had to spend time filling out paper reports, scanning them along with my receipts, then submitting via email, I would definitely be losing a lot of valuable time and I'm positive that I wouldn't get reimbursed as quickly as I do (typically the same week as my report submission). I'm glad Certify works as well as it does!

G2 Crowd User: Beth A. B.
Validated Review

Certify is the best I've ever used!

What do you like best?

What I like best about Certify is the ease of use. When I'm on the road, I don't have to try to remember all the expenditures I've made. All I have to do is snap a picture of the receipt and email the picture to data@certify.com. As long as I indicate what the receipt is for in the subject line of the email, I don't have to remember anything. I love that I can email from my smartphone, laptop, personal email address, or work email address. If I just want to upload the receipt, I can do that from my desktop or from the app. On top of that, it interfaces directly with my corporate AMEX! It really is the best!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike, and trust me, If I had something, I wouldn't hold back. Certify really is one of the smartest moves our Accounting department has ever made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Because Certify is so easy to use, it keeps me from procrastinating on my expense reports. I used to dread completing them after a business trip, but now it's almost enjoyable. (Almost!) I no longer take weeks to complete an expense report, and because all my receipts are uploaded into a nice, neat storage place, I don't have to worry about losing a receipt and not being reimbursed for the personal expense (which has happened on multiple occasions in the past!)

G2 Crowd User: Zack B.
Validated Review

What once could take me an hour, now takes me five minutes

What do you like best?

Certify does your expense reports for you. There are features that will allow it to remind you however often you want to submit your report, and as long as you keep up with submitting your receipts, will actually create a draft of the report that you can review/submit in five minutes. What once could take me an hour, now takes me five minutes.

And there are a bunch of different ways to capture your receipts and not have to deal with the paper. Besides taking a picture with your phone, my favorite has to be e-mailing receipts. I added the Certify e-mail address into my contacts on my phone, so now when I get an e-mail receipt for an expense I forward it on and delete the e-mail clutter from my inbox. So simple and efficient!

Plus, approving expense reports is a breeze. It can be done right in the Certify app while on the go. My employees love that because they get their reimbursements super quick. And I love how Certify calls out the expenses that I should review...

What do you dislike?

Would love it if there was an easier way to add attendees to meal receipts. Right now you have to add each one individually and include First Name, Last Name, Position, and Relationship. If I'm paying for a dinner for 30 people, inputting that takes forever. So hopefully that will be improved in a future release.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Expense reports are no longer a chore, and now I submit them all timely because Certify reminds me to do it every two weeks. And the 'reminder' that Certify sends is actually a draft copy of the expense report that I can finish up and submit in a few short minutes!

Tags

* We monitor all Certify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Certify?