Certify

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Work for Certify?

Learning about Certify?

Certify Reviews

Ask Certify a Question
Showing 822 Certify reviews
Certify review by <span>Josh S.</span>
Josh S.

Easy to use, efficient expense management

What do you like best?

Easy to track and manage expenses via mobile app or website. Website is designed in a friendly manner which is easy to use and navigate. The expense submission process is flexible; with submissions acceptable via scanning from the mobile app, email or via document upload from your PC.

What do you dislike?

My expenses wont always come over via email, but with alternative methods of uploading docs, it is not a total loss. Additionally, the status of my claims never seems to update, even if I know I've already received reimbursement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From an end user perspective, it is a great product. My only gripe is with administration of the product, but I suspect that is more of an internal organization issue and not one with the product itself.

Streamlined workflow management of our expense reimbursement process. Managers are able to ask questions about expenses and get further clarity about an expense before just approving at face value.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Certify
Certify review by <span>Shannon F.</span>
Shannon F.

Easy to manage travel expenses

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is an easy-to-use app that you can use to track your travel expenses in real-time, rather than doing it all when you get back to the office.

What do you dislike?

If all fields are not filled out (even fields that are not applicable to you), it comes up as an error and doesn't let you submit. There's a little troubleshooting involved in that. Also, if you enter your destinations into the map to track mileage, it's never been accurate for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for travelling for business! Just make sure to walk your employees through it the first time, because it can be a little confusing if you make a little mistake, such as not filling out all of the fields correctly or entering your mileage in wrong.

Our company used to manage travel expenses internally, which consisted of filling out an excel sheet and physically taping receipts to printer paper and giving them to Accounting. Certify makes everything online and makes it so much easier to travel. After you take a snapshot of the receipt, you don't have to worry about keeping track of it!

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Certify review by <span>Jim G.</span>
Jim G.

NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

What do you like best?

The mobile app has potential, but you really need to login to their web portal to complete an expense report. You will spend more time filling out boxes, pull-downs and correcting mistakes than you will doing any other "old fashioned" way (as I do, with an Excel spreadsheet).

What do you dislike?

The website for actually compiling your expenses is HORRIBLE. It is very slow, overly complicated, and poorly organized. If you like clicking your mouse, then you might like Certify. I'm guessing you need at least 30 mouse clicks PER RECIEPT (minimum) and that doesn't count the time you'll spend on the mobile app and/or email to send/upload receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just wait for this service to mature, or look elsewhere for something similar. This is far from ready for prime time yet. Skip it.

It seems I have just created more work for myself by using Certify. I'm going back to a much faster and efficient, albeit manual method of compiling expense reports.

Certify review by <span>Randy P.</span>
Randy P.

Horrible if you have a lot of expenses or strange use case

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very nice, you can do alot on it. They spent some time here.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The Web app interface is horribly horribly slow if you have a lot of expenses.

I was sold something that was great, however they dont fully understand how their product works and while "technically" we can use Certify, It literally takes me a full minute to edit an expense if someone gets a category wrong.

They have a handy dandy "merge" feature that matches up receipts to charge, but if you have over 100 receipts THEY TURN IT OFF! Why? No one can answer this nor does anyone have a solution.

While they spent a lot of time on the phone app the web app they cut corners or limit you on purpose, Im not sure which. We are a web development company and it appalls me that they have this kind of user experience, and its worse because I am forced to use this now!

We are seeing random charges not import into Certify as well, so I have to audit the CC transactions because I cannot trust the system. So I will have to do everything twice!

If you have a lot of expenses, or are going to let them pile up, this will hurt.

I see there are 99% positive reviews on Certify so I can only think that:

1) We are a too large of a company to be Certify clients

2) We were way oversold on the capabilities of Certify

3) We fit a nice niche where our use case just doesn't mesh with their systems (why did they take our money?)

Im not sure which one is ours but I wish I never found them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are always going to have less than 50 transaction (they count receipt and charges seperately) then you'll probably be fine, if your going to NEVER let your receipts pile up you'll probably be fine.

I have realized triple the amount of time it takes me to finish reconciling my expenses due to the fact that I have to use this product. I paid up front for 18 months NEVER DO THIS. We had some important projects going on and let a couple months go by without reconciliation and its taking forever to catch up. If they had the Merge feature working all the time it would be much better.

Certify review by <span>Suzanne G.</span>
Suzanne G.

Love this product!

What do you like best?

Outstanding support, product is easy to use. Certify handles all the back end implementation. Their employees are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. So far, we have not found any issues to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several products. It was important to find a company with good support, that was located in the United States, easy to use, and cost effective. From the moment I spoke with Certify I was impressed. No heavy sales pitch, just an information filled call. The product sells itself.

We were in desperate need of an updated expense program. One that our travelling consultants could use easily, from anywhere. Whether you are tech savvy or not, this product is easy to use. It makes my job so much easier.

Certify review by <span>Kevin B.</span>
Kevin B.
Invitation from the software vendor

Certify makes my employee reimbursements simple and faster

What do you like best?

How quickly my reimbursements are processed.

What do you dislike?

Just the confusion of implementing and using a new tool in general. I don't even count this against this product specifically.. as it pertains to any new company-wide product "generally speaking".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I guarantee it will simply the whole process for you. The best advice i could possibly give anyone is as simple as that.. Just try it and see. You won't ever want to go back to using anything else once you do.

Eliminating the constant emailing of spreadsheets to Managers and HR in order to track expenses, request approvals, and having to save them all on my laptop. Additionally, this basically allows you save and store receipts as well.

Learn more about Certify

Certify Videos

Learning about Certify?

* We monitor all Certify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.