Chargebee

Chargebee

4.8

Chargebee - Affordable Subscription Billing & Recurring Billing Solution for online web apps. SAAS based billing model. Integrated with all leading Payment Gateways for online payment.

Work for Chargebee?

Learning about Chargebee?

Chargebee Reviews

Ask Chargebee a Question
Showing 104 Chargebee reviews
Chargebee review by Vatsal T.
Vatsal T.

"Chargebee has made our ability to manage client subscriptions and payments quick and easy."

What do you like best?

We use multiple sources for our payment & Chargebee makes it easy to manage all of this as a unified solution. The interface is really intuitive and provides meaningful dashboards. Quick turnaround times in support. Earlier we used another product, but we moved to Chargebee because of their excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places that improvements could be made; the UI/UX could be upgraded a bit to be more user friendly for those just starting out with the tool, app cues should be helpful too.

The Salesforce integration is rudimentary and could be improved upto a large extent.

More integrations released at regular intervals while the current ones are being optimised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it as you can accept payments from various sources like card/ACH/SEPA Direct Debit and accept recurring payments apart from the other additional features.

It removes the pain out of subscription billing. We are able to collect recurring payments from multiple different source with auto-collection on card as well as direct debit. Pricing experiments that help with analysis and come to conclusive rates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chargebee
Chargebee review by Charley M.
Charley M.

"Details are critical and ChargeBee gets them right"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee nails the details. Product loves it, developers love it, and most importantly: our customers seem to love it! Good documentation, great UX/UI, fantastic support, easy to manage and set up.

What do you dislike?

JSON did not carry over when we ported from Test to Live, meaning there was a lot of copying and pasting of JSON back into Plans. Other than that, ChargeBee has been a pleasure to work with -- which is a huge compliment considering the market their product deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChargeBee will give you confidence that you can set up and manage a large, complex SaaS software sales and entitlement system.

ChargeBee is really flexible and configurable. We stood up the first SaaS sales system at TouchCast with relative ease. ChargeBee, with the Stripe and SalesForce integrations, means we can make CB our turnkey, master system with supplying entitlements to the client applications while noting all sales records to SalesForce.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Chargebee review by James A.
James A.

"A long starting process but end is now in sight!"

What do you like best?

Chargebee is well designed, very straight forward and easy to find what you need quickly. The best feature by far is the wayback machine (and the cool DeLorean cartoon), it allows you to start at a previous date and work forward as though your subscriptions age naturally.

What do you dislike?

While they do seem to roll out new features on the road map, they are missing some extremely key things that would be simple to implement (if you ask they give you the "Great idea, we will look into it later"). One of the BIGGEST dislikes was that when you use the wayback tool you are then unable to use & test the user billing portal which is a key part of the solution! This is all because the portal requires sessions that expire and no one thought that they should allow consideration if the site is in test mode and running the wayback tool. It just seems odd that key bugs like this are just not fixed overnight!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very generous startup plan which is a plus for new businesses, but watch out for some features you would expect included as they are only in the top plan!

I am using Chargebee simply because the project I am working on is already of a large scale that building an entire billing system as well would push back the go-live too far. So it has helped with our schedule of release. Benefits wise it has actually given some great insights into the way a dedicated billing tool is made up and what features work and what doesn't - we will eventually replace with our own billing platform so this will benefit us in knowing the key features we need from the start.

Chargebee review by Britany K.
Britany K.

"May your payments save your time."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can easily configure and control renewals, proration. The better integration of the other payment processors. much faster to use online, offline and of course allow payments in any form they come. I can simplify accounting with pure and exact records.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any bad problems with this software. I haven't seen any errors in the payments system. Now I can say that is the great way to increase our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will choose that platform you will have the most wonderful payment system. This software will keep you informed with a daily report you with your main SaaS metrics, you’ll never miss important matters. The product which is really easy to install and use. I recommend it to you.

With this software, we can focus on increasing our business. This platform can balance with definition, protection, and compliance with the simpleness of access. With all of this, we can allow we never have invoice worries again. We like to work on this platform.

Chargebee review by Sjoerd H.
Sjoerd H.

"Easy to set up solution with great support"

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and to handle, does pretty much all it needs to do. The support ream is really great and helpful, there are very regular updates and a great transparency on what is coming and I actually enjoy their newsletter & blog.

Also, their integrations are on point, and it is really easy to add API keys and webhooks to additional services.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. The interface could be upgraded a bit. There might be some integrations I would like to see happening, but nothing urgent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means, compare the different services out there, but definitely give this little bit smaller player a chance. They won't dissapoint.

For a company in need of a solution to handle recurring revenue, this is a great solution. Even the checkout pages are hosted, so really can be done without too much technical knowledge.

Chargebee review by jeffrey s.
jeffrey s.

"still some features to add but, a solid company & foundation for commerce"

What do you like best?

the service is very easy to set up and get running very quickly. I also appreciate the company spirit and their responsiveness to customer feedback. They are a company willing to learn.

What do you dislike?

(note: they are making innovations all the time and adding new features) - my biggest complaint would be the inability to really adjust the checkout process. For example, add check boxes for item options, or one-click up-sells, etc (without coding).

Recommendations to others considering the product

in it's current state at the time of writing this revue, chargebee is perfect for very simple subscriptions. Choose an item, enter info and done. Adding checkout options, add-on items and variable products takes a bit more work. but they are working on it!

i'm now able to collect recurring revenue!!! Despite and complaint, the bottom line is that Chargebee has provided the ability to collect recurring payments and now i have PREDICTABLE income.

Chargebee review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Like to be around with Chargebee"

What do you like best?

Clever retry logic to restore lost income or calculate it. Now we send to customers beautiful and clear invoices and they really like that. Anything that I need is near me, all financial tools and reports. That is the point which I like it so much.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to complain about it. Everything is fine. No meaning to change something. Very good software and works really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice software and so simple, easy to use and allows to configure every single unit of the payment process. Actually, it's better to use it to help you with your business. Just try it yourself.

Chargebee allows to run pricing experiments and you will know what you do right or wrong with the pricing model. Now not just the developers can manage subscriptions first-hand. Our company using this solution about 1 year and happy with it.

Chargebee review by Brenton J.
Brenton J.

"Solid Performer with great support"

What do you like best?

The best part about chargebee is the support and how rock solid the billing is. Its easy to use and suits my business well. We bill IT services and manage all our customers billing in house. We don't let the customer manage their own billing at all so can't speak to that.help documentation is very good.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks sync is on the top plan which is annoying (EDIT: to be clear, I meant the middle plan. (not enterprise) this is the $299 plan as of this review), but other than that its good. Some features can only be enabled with a support ticket but im sure they will fix that. Changes to a % instead of a per invoice model is annoying (Edit: I will be able to stay on my old grandfathered plan though) but the transition was communicated well. Customers get annoyed with all the emails, but these can be managed with a bit of config.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does what it says on the box. User portal seems to be good too, customers don't have too much issues adding their own credit card.

Being able to bill every customer with credit cards monthly is a great time and cashflow thing. I couldn't make any money unless I automated these functions. Some products like Office 365 are extremely low margin so having a solid billing platform is excellent.

Chargebee review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"The best recurring payment management platform I've found"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage recurring subscriptions to a very powerful level. Stripe is my favorite payment gateway, but it's focused on the API/developer side, so Chargebee gives it the front end that Stripe doesn't include. The pricing plan is incredible as well, I hope they never change it. You can get started for essentially free, and only when you really start taking advantage of the platform, does it switch to a very small fee that's completely fair.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced branding settings etc could be a little more intuitive. They're not without thought, but sometimes they can seem redundant. But considering the advanced nature of the platform ( the single best I've ever found yet after looking through essentially every option on earth), they handle this plenty smoothly. Like in the onboarding for example.

Only semi-annoyance is that the way that it bills doesn't show up as a subscription in Stripe Dashboard. So you can have live subscriptions in the Chargebee dashboard, but not in the Stripe Dashboard. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because the Chargebee dashboard and reporting is great, but it would be nice to be able to use tools like Get Control to get deeper into Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent for managing customer subscriptions and not only starting or ending them.

We're using it with over 4 businesses running MRR based business models and have pushed 10's of thousands through it, and it hasn't had an issue yet. It allows us to include addons, trials, pause subscriptions, etc. All of those things are hard to do or impossible with other options.

Chargebee review by Ralph K.
Ralph K.

"Nice to be organized"

What do you like best?

Very good program to calculate. I'm using this program every day. And I'm glad that I choose that one as I know that all job working right. I like it very much.

What do you dislike?

I like to use that software at my company. Helps me a lot.Till now everything is good. I don't have any doubt how that platform works. Till now it works how I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good work on all your payments process which you are doing. Very good software which is really easy to set up and use. Will increase your working skills in your business.

The very nice product which will help to track price history. The working team works more organized and clear. Helps to know a lot of information which we need.

Chargebee review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Great product and support"

What do you like best?

Chargebee saves a lot of headaches. Before we implemented them, we were using paypal payments pro to manage all our subscriptions. We had to write a lot of code to make it work! Switching to chargebee allowed us to remove this code and let them handle it.

In addition to streamlining our subscription process, their reports have been great. Previously we had to create a spreadsheet every month to figure out our numbers. They do this for us now!

And lastly, their support has been great. Very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Although I like their reports, they still could be improved. It would be great if they could implement something closer to chartmogul which analyzes MRR amongst other KPIs. But maybe that's why chartmogul exists which integrates nicely with chargebee.

Hours of time committing to development and support have been saved by switching to chargebee.

Chargebee review by Jerrod M.
Jerrod M.

"Integration of the billing system"

What do you like best?

Chargebee simplifies hosting customer portal pages and checking. Limited need for knowledge of the API and customization. A very simple and intuitive tools, Plug and play, to quickly get up and running.

I like that test site fully reflects the main site. That makes it easy to try things staged before running live."

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more opportunities to integrate Chargebee with e-mail software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. I think it's fabulous! Personally we haven't pursued it yet, because we are not at that level. But will implement it in the future.

Chargebee manages the entire lifecycle of our customers from purchasing through update. Light, easy upgrade process PO and optionally quick and easy return AVG

Chargebee review by Brennen B.
Brennen B.

"Automating Finances, One Subscription at a Time"

What do you like best?

We use Stripe for payment processing, and it has a solid system for subscriptions. That's why I questioned whether or not Chargebee would be a good way to spend over $1000/year on providing the same service as Stripe.

Little did I know that you could manage subscriptions much more efficiently if you don't use the gateway directly. Features like auto capture for transactions and saving customer data are priceless to our workflow, not to mention the hundreds of integrations we get with Zapier.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to have a better experience with is the integrations with Quickbooks, but this is not exactly something that Chargebee can solve - that's probably something limited by QB's API.

Increased efficiency, data storage.

Chargebee review by User

"Simplification at its finest"

What do you like best?

We are very happy that billing and collection has turned into such an easy thing to do. We used to take a lot of time calculating, billing and collecting from every customer, now with Chargebee things get done in an easier and faster way.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it's quite confusing to understand how it works, with time you understand how it works, however, sometimes we don't have the time to get to investigate how everything works. There are still some minor bugs that need attention too. My guess is that as it's happening now, they will improve and eliminate these minor problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, once you try it you will discover that it's a wonderful tool!

It has simplified our billing and collecting process, allowing us to invest that time on other important matters, instead of having 2 to 3 people doing this job now I can do it on my own saving time and resources.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful and Simple, but also Atrociously Ugly for some minor details"

What do you like best?

The API is pretty good, easy to use and the doc is tremendously good. Managing clients and their subscription is a breeze.

The whole system is pretty robust and generally we're very satisfied with the whole integration we made with our systems.

What do you dislike?

Pro-rata for credits are calculated to the nano second which means it's incomprehensible for a normal human being. It also brings its lots of problems, especially since credit cards don't accept charges below 0.50$ and the nano second pro-rata can really screw you when someone changes its plan just after signing up...

Managing active coupons is pretty ugly, it's been improving, but it's far from being efficient.

Grandfathering is completely reversed, you're shackled into a bloated system that duplicate data over and over and over whenever you want to increase the price of a package...

The API is sometimes lacking for some operations. The company started as a website to help you manage your clients and their subscriptions so the automation process isn't always on par with what the website allows you to do. Very frustrating when it's something so simple to do online, but the API doesn't support it...

Support is sometimes a bit disconnected from their customers needs. While they are extremely nice and polite people, there were few occasions where I had to literally write an essay to explain them why my bug is happening and how they could solve the problem easily. Most of the time, their "fix" didn't work the first time around and some bugs took up to 3 months to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think most of the kinks have been ironed out for the API side. When I started integrating their API into our systems, they were still only in their 1st year offering the API so many things were missing or outright wrong. There are still some quirks, but overall its a great system and would recommend it.

Billing automation

Chargebee review by Cherlyn C.
Cherlyn C.

"Truly Excellent Invoicing and Billing Software"

What do you like best?

I LOVE their customer service. Just absolute love. They are very detailed and pay so much attention. Also, your first $50k is on them! INSANE and SUCH a great gesture for very small business owners starting out just like me.

Honestly, we really need all that help, a whole bunch of us struggle to make decent money to pay the bills for many months. I'll always recommend Chargebee like crazy.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything, but if I were to be nitpicky, it really is as they say it is, a billing system for SaaS. And that means that if you're not a developer or not familiar with code, you're going to take quite some time sorting through everything since it can get super customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you ever need any help, contact Customer Support. They are truly attentive to your needs.

I solved my billing and auto recharging problem. Also, my invoices look so great, very professional.

Chargebee review by Max S.
Max S.

"Great SaaS billing for IT startup"

What do you like best?

Chargebee offers nearly everything an IT startup (SaaS, with subscription model) may need to do billing and processing.

Easy integration (API, Zapier), easy setup, intuitive interface, multiple options for billing setup - all of that makes Chargebee a great option for SaaS companies like Geenio.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major that I could recall. Maybe, one improvement that I could advise - when one goes into editing Subscription or Customer, the only quick way to return back to view that subscription or customer is to either scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Cancel or to use browser button "Back". I'd love something like breadcrumbs on top of that screen to quickly jump back to View screen.

Chargebee allows us to do all the billing and processing setup, integrating nicely with our product on one end and our bank account on the other end. Basically, it enabled online sales for our business with least efforts and costs associated.

Chargebee review by Julien A.
Julien A.

"Very good billing platform"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is :

- The app is free for your first 50k$, and this is a HUGE help when you are just starting a SAAS. To my knowledge, this is the only app of this kind that offers it.

- The app is highly customizable and has a lot of features. I managed to plug the it on our SAAS and customize it precisely to my needs. Chargebee is now managing my subscriptions, invoices, etc.

- The support is really reactive and skillfull. Every time I asked a question, I received a right answer in the hour. I'm even impressed by the quality of the support.

What do you dislike?

I managed to do everything I wanted with Chargebee, but I'm a web developper. So maybe it will be a little bit complicated for someone who isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a web developper to help you integrate your product with Chargebee.

Chargebee manages all the billing, subscriptions, users, invoices, etc. of our SAAS application.

Chargebee review by Jürgen F.
Jürgen F.

"Easy to implement and to customize subscription management"

What do you like best?

the excellent documentation

very good guidance during setup

easy handling of subscriptions

easy connection with our payment gateway

What do you dislike?

at the beginning, German language was not fully support

customization of email templates is complicated (new version looks better, but transition will be done later)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee provides a very detailed and structured documentation, explaining everything. Read through the documentation.

Take extensive use of the Test environment. This is where you can't mess things up and test all your use cases.

Chargebee offers a very good rate for startups. "The first 50k are on us". The best offer - use it!

Subscription Management - no need to implement this in our stack

Credit card handling - no need for PCI compliance

Invoicing

Chargebee review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent except for clunky migration"

What do you like best?

Super easy to manage, can add custom fields, automated, good looking email reminders, integrates with a small snippet of code

What do you dislike?

The migration process was clunky, and I only found out later that there was no support for src_ format of cards in Stripe, because they only support card_ so basically all my clients would have to re-subscribe. I believe they're trying to add support for this now, but it's been a bit of a nightmare to transfer existing subscribers and I've had to spend 5+ hours pulling together and formatting a CSV compatible with their import process (even though originally they said I wouldn't have to do that). Once this migration is over I believe it will be smooth sailing.

Also, the affiliate tracking only works when you downgrade to V2 which is SO annoying - they shouldn't have rolled out v3 without testing it with all their promised integrations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear plan for migration, because that's the biggest pain of all!

It makes managing the subscriptions easy, and the first 50k in revenue is free. It also integrates with our affiliate software which is great, and through Zapier we can automate quite a bit. The best is that when someone new signs up, we've set it up to send us the info in a Slack channel so subscribers can be given access. The process is very streamlined

Chargebee review by Luis Z.
Luis Z.

"Amazing product"

What do you like best?

Simplicity to setup, but still robust and full of functions.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to properly set up a single payment product. It is possible if you create a subscrition that only last one cicle, but the customer still sees your subscription just started, which is weird for products of one time payment.

Not being able to find a subscription system that is trustful and you can relay on. With emails and invoice system for my clients.

Chargebee review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"The right solution if you have a subscription service."

What do you like best?

This has every feature you could want for a subscription management service.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Chargebee I don't love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For subscription management, you need a third party solution. Don't try and build it yourself. Use Chargebee

We have tried several solutions to managing our subscriptions. Chargebee brings coherence, data, and super-easy maintenance to my clients' subscriptions. From automated reminders with meaningful and useful links for customers to self-serve, to the ability to retry failed transactions, all within a few clicks, this has made what used to be a nightmare a wonderful experience.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

API, documentation, and excellent support. The system is easy to use, and their onboarding and migration process is extremely well done. They make it so you don’t miss a step. Their support responds quickly and is always extremely helpful. There are too many good things to say about Chargebee.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It would be nice if their SAAS metrics were in the base plan, but other than that not many complaints.

Maximizing MRR and unpaid invoicing related to our app, as well as consolidation of our signup process for our application and immediate and recurring billing.

Chargebee review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Implementing a billing system for a service accessed through an app"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to set up and the documentation was really in depth and straight forward. Their support was very proactive and the only time I needed to contact them they were fast and friendly.

Chargebee seems to be one of the most comprehensive for billing and subs, there are addons for other systems but Chargebee is 100% dedicated to just subscriptions and billing so there's a lot of effort put in to it.

What do you dislike?

The support for payment gateways in New Zealand. Would love to be able to use DPS Payment Express. Initially the themeing was a bit awkward but this was changed fairly early on and the new system for themeing is much much better.

The admin interfaces are a little bit clunky but once you get used to it it's pretty easy to navigate. There's a little bit of discovery here but the documentation helps this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you review the payment gateways in depth.

They do have options for everywhere and if you're in the USA you can use everything but if not make sure what you want to use is supported and is supported in a way you are currently using it otherwise your integration time might blow out.

The client needed a robust billing system that was flexible enough to have different plans and plan options and they were a startup with not a lot of money. Chargebee ticked all those boxes and is very reasonably priced.

The development time on this project would have been quite large if we tried to build a similar system.

Chargebee review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Great Functionality and Service"

What do you like best?

We utilize Stripe as our processing solution and Chargebee was able to "sit up on top" with no complications. It also provided the ability for our firm to accept Paypal which has provided for a more diverse set of customers utilizing our solution. This includes a significant amount of international users who were unable to previously access the site. Integration was easy and the customer support provided was excellent. This is huge considering how deficient many players in the space are when it comes to actually servicing the client post integration.

What do you dislike?

There have literally been no issues to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly worth some time investigating as you consider the multitude of options in the space.

Enhanced reporting capabilities. Better access to real time information pertaining to subscription metrics. Great UI. Ability to accept a more diverse set of payment types.

Chargebee review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Chargebee have redefined what support can be... and probably spoiled me forever."

What do you like best?

As a 1 man small business I'm used to not having the power to get much response from customer support. This means many hours digging through forums and other sites for tips on how to solve my problems. This all the changed the first time I emailed Chargebee for support and there were beyond helpful. Now when I have a problem, I skip the banging my head against a wall phase and go direct to emailing Chargebee support. They are always responsive and have no problem walking me through things I don't understand. They often help or fix my issue within a day or two. And when there is something that is a bigger task or build on their end, they explain why they cant get to it right away.

What do you dislike?

There are still some small things that I wish Chargebee service offered but I feel very comfortable waiting for them since they have communicated so well with me about everything else. My main dislike is that they have spoiled me so that I'm now even more disappointed with customer service I receive elsewhere...

Subscription service selling music records direct to consumers. I'm a one-man show so there is a lot I don't know and Chargebee always helps guide me and/or a freelance web developer through the weeds.

Chargebee review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Love it "

What do you like best?

ChargeBee is a wonderful billing platform. We use it for our call answering business Virtual VIP and it works a treat. The team at ChargeBee have also helped us customise the set up so it completely meets our needs. It saves hours of admin per month and is a breeze to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. ChargeBee fully meets our needs

Automated billing and payment collection

Invoicing

Flexibility to apply promotions where needed

Customisable emails throughout set up process

Chargebee review by Benjamin J.
Benjamin J.

"Great software, great customer support, very competitive prices"

What do you like best?

Interface, Dashboards, payment method update for customers, sign up for new customers

What do you dislike?

QBs integration and lack of customization for the wording of the invoice description (subscription, plan and addon)

Cc payment, cc update, Onboarding of new customer, collection, crunching data for MRR, churn, payment etc.

Chargebee review by George P.
George P.

"It works, flawlessly"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of its setup and their awesome support

What do you dislike?

There are some rough edges in some configuration options

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting now and want to use Chargbee with Stripe, then go for it,

We built a billing system from scratch in a few hours. WE connected Stripe on Chargbee and we have never seen an issue.

Chargebee review by Raj G.
Raj G.

"Fantastic product, with "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is a great product for SaaS tools to make it easier for them to charge customers. It integrates well in both payment and enterprise (pay separately) option.

What do you dislike?

There are certain cases which the coupons can't handle e.g. one time use etc.. Although, I don't hold it against them! :-)

Building a SaaS platform for marketing, targeting small businesses. The biggest benefit is that we don't require reinventing the wheel.. Loads of subscription features are pre-built in chargebee, which is awesome!

Chargebee review by Tejas P.
Tejas P.

"Using Chargebee to manage your subscription business is super easy! "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is an effective tool when it comes to managing subscriptions & payments for your subscription business. The software is so intuitive, that I have seldom found a need to contact their support. Moreover, the reporting is good too; That makes it easy to pull out reports on a weekly basis and showcase it to the leadership. Thank You for building Chargebee!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing specific that I do not like when I use Chargebee.

Covered in the question - "What do you like best?"

Chargebee review by John H.
John H.

"Instant subscription management"

What do you like best?

Covered many different use cases for subscription management and billing and was up and running in days.

What do you dislike?

I appreciate the API integration through webhooks, but they could be improved greatly.

If you are a startup, building a subscription management system from scratch is an incredible waste of time and capital. This is time taken away from building and improving your product. We were able to get our subscription model and product in place quickly and were charging credit cards by the end of the week.

Chargebee review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Powerful, Simple & Intuitive,"

What do you like best?

The real time charts are a nice touch along with a powerful subscription manager. We are constantly running reports and churning data all through Chargebee. The customer support team is extremely responsive and easy to work with. They also added some great email features and abandon cart capabilities that are great.

What do you dislike?

In general, the short comings I see are quickly addressed by training or through newly released features. But, I would love to see a stronger mobile (iOS) app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

D

Chargebee manages the entire lifecycle of our customers from purchase through renewal. Easy upgrades, easy PO process and when needed fast and easy refunds.

Chargebee review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"We use Chargebee to handle our recurring payments and invoices."

What do you like best?

Chargebee is extremely easy to set up, test, and start using. We were live and taking payments from our customers in no time. Their support is excellent. The product looks great too.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that handles subscription payments, definitely try it out. Get in touch with their team should you have any trouble. They are super helpful.

We started taking recurring payments within a few hours of signing up for a trial. Invoices are automatically generated and sent to the customer on a monthly payment. We use Chargebee on top of Stripe.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

The service works very well. It takes some time to get familiarized with it but it's well worth it. They also have the free account until you reach a certain amount in sales which is great for start ups or launching new service/product.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I like it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices for what you get. Chargebee has it all and more affordable.

coworking space. memberships. Easy sign up and recurring billing for new members.

Chargebee review by Zev S.
Zev S.

"Great Service! Full featured and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Chargebee has a lot of great features. They manage to make it easy to use all those features.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is good but could use some updating.

We use Chargebee to autocharge our users every month. This way we don't have to bill them and then chase them down for payments, which takes time and effort and resources.

Chargebee review by Roger W.
Roger W.

"ALWAYS open minded!"

What do you like best?

We are testing for almost a few months. Not a paying member, yet. Although we are fully supported and got every question answered.

What do you dislike?

Chargebee has to focus the mainstream processes first. Nevertheless they are always open for proposals and input. We would like to have a different handling between billing and contract period. If you charge monthly chargebee sees a monthly contract behind. This is always set equal. This should be changed.

We faced to the challange to bring a german insurance product online. With chargebee we are able to manage this (with some workarounds). Hope we will see the

Chargebee review by Philip G.
Philip G.

"Chargebee works for our needs and integration was easy"

What do you like best?

The development documentation is grade A. It is clearly automatically generated from templates and the examples are all customized with your development key, plan ids, etc. This means that you can cut and paste the examples and actually have them work. In our office, we use this as an example of the right way to do developer documentation!

What do you dislike?

We have a slightly odd model for charging our customers and it required some trickery to fit it into the Chargebee model (this was in the late spring of 2014). I haven't looked recently to see there is more flexibility now. One of the problems was when a customer wanted to upgrade a subscription, the "estimate" call would return a different price to the "purchase" call. This was because the charge was prorated and the amount has (naturally) decreased by a few cents between the two calls. This gave us problems in the user experience, but we resolved it (by making the upgrade a separate subscription and then handling renewal in a special way).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a bunch of subscription billing providers out there. Our use case is that we sell a small number of high value subscriptions and this makes Chargebee's billing model very friendly for us. Another huge advantage is that their developer documentation was superb. In particular, the examples in the documentation are customized for you (i.e. they have your development key, your plan ids etc). This means that you really can cut and paste the examples and have it work.

We encountered a few issues during our integration (we use python), but the Chargebee python API is hosted on github so that we could make the fixes immediately and then Chargebee merged the changes back into the mainline code.

It is clear that Chargebee is evolving -- there are new features on a fairly continuous basis. However, you should do your evaluation based on what actually exists (and you should run some tests in their development sandbox)

We wanted to add self-service subscriptions to our service, and Chargebee provided all the billing/credit card charging infrastructure. One of our goals was for us not to see credit card data and have somebody else have all the security headaches. We achieved that goal.

Chargebee review by Get C.
Get C.

"Great guys - I wish all start-ups operated like this"

What do you like best?

Chargebee makes the hosting of customer portal/checkout pages very easy to configure. Limited need for API knowledge and customization. Very easy and intuitive plug and play to get up and running quickly.

I like that the test site mirrors the live site completely. It makes it easy to try things out in staging before launching live.

Also, the guys at Chargebee are incredibly responsive and helpful. It makes me think we should expect really great things from the Indian start-up community.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, I have been really happy with my experience with Chargebee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are available for a phone call to help get things configured. This was very helpful to get things just right.

Chargebee allows us to plug subscription and billing into our e-commerce site seamlessly.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Chargebee is one of our best business decisions"

What do you like best?

The API and documentation is superb. We love that the documentation changes based on the language used, and also snippets are generated. Awesome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Make sure you have a good developer.

We needed to ship physical products from our ecommerce platform based on recurring billing. The built-in system that our ecommerce platform provided was extremely inefficient and hard to reason about. Moving to an in-house system leveraging the Chargebee API was one of best business decisions we have made in the last few years. We are now using Chargebee's V2 API to ensure a smooth feature offering to our customers, along with Azure Service Fabric for high availability.

Chargebee review by Antti V.
Antti V.

"Awesome solution for recurring billing - Easy to set up and very flexible"

What do you like best?

Makes gathering recurring payments automatic, and does that well. It was easy to setup with hosted payment pages (no coding needed) although we plan to integrate deeper with their API soon. We've been using ChargeBee for half a year and they've already surprised us positively multiple times. One example was VAT regulation changes in January 2015 that almost made billing for electronic products in EU a nightmare, but as ChargeBee had the support for new system available from day one, the trouble was minimized and correct VAT percentages used for each country automatically. Also getting the tax numbers to CSV exports happened pretty quickly after asking that from support, which has always been quick, friendly and effective.

What do you dislike?

Not much comes to mind. We are using Stripe as payment gateway and while Stripe has support for recurring billing, ChargeBee doesn't seem to store data there so that also the plans would be in Stripe. I don't even know if that would be technically possible or make any sense, but we considered joining to https://baremetrics.com/open and noted that BareMetrics doesn't work if plan data is not in Stripe. I'd say this is pretty minor, and as ChargeBee offers pretty nice metrics itself, additional metrics tools have not been needed for that sake. But I think this was the only dislike thing that came to my mind a this point. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty quick to see it in action with hosted payment pages before doing any integrations. Also if you have any worries or questions, I'd recommend writing to their support team. The responsiveness of their support was probably one reason for us to pick ChargeBee over other available solutions and I haven't regretted at all. :)

Before ChargeBee we sent invoices manually. That was not very scalable but we thought automatizing that would be a bigger hassle. With ChargeBee it was actually really quick to setup hosted payment pages and just give our users links there. We still haven't done any API integration and half a year now with hosted payment pages as allowed us to grow to customer numbers that we never would have managed with manual billing. Also getting metrics data from ChargeBee beats our custom google spreadsheet metrics easily. :)

Chargebee review by Jorge R.
Jorge R.

"Chargebee"

What do you like best?

We are using it in our website to signup new agents

What do you dislike?

I am very satisfy with the software and their service

Signup form and auto handling recurring monthly charges from our subscribers

Chargebee review by Kenji S.
Kenji S.

"Best customisable recurring business solution. No hiring expensive IT. DIY solution"

What do you like best?

I can change everything about Chargebee, I have checkouts in Korean, Japanese and English with different currencies and we didn't have to hire a developer nor a designer, plus the support team is the best. Send them an email and in less that 12 hours you get a concrete direct solution to your problem. Also I can give the option to my customers to have their subscriptions billed to their credit cards or they can also send cheques. Since chargebee offers offline payment solutions as well. This platform has every possible scenario in the recurrent payments industry.

What do you dislike?

There is actually nothing I dislike about chargebee since they do listen to us and apply that feedback to the product. But if I can send more feedback to the chargebee team will be to have more options in the analytics section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Price and support is great.

Im a small business, our main sales channel is ecommerce and we don't do IT because we want to focus in our product not in the servers or the code, most of the time outsourcing IT is expensive, slow and just a nightmare so we heavily rely in SAAS companies to do our work and it has work out great since each SAAS just focus in one Area. When we have in-house IT the engineers have to focus in so many areas that nothing works properly, so our solution; SAAS. Plus I think engineers are happier working at SAAS companies rather than at healthcare company that no one knows about IT.

Chargebee review by Hugh S.
Hugh S.

"Easy to integrate billing solution – great for new SaaS startups"

What do you like best?

Chargebee has been great for us as we were able to rapidly launch our startup, migrate across payment gateways (depending on the customer's currency – we bill in 4 currencies) and scale and manage our team.

Key features for us

- Uses both Stripe and Pin

- Allows us to bill in multiple currencies (see dislikes though – limits!)

- Good customer support, they turn around any issues pretty quickly

- Pre-formed dunning process for unpaid invoices etc

What do you dislike?

A few things I'd like to see improved (reviewed 21-April-2015):

- A few things can't quite be done by the user, e.g. removing credits without their help

- Some things aren't quite right for our SaaS model, like cancellations and reactivations (as we bill at the start of the month for that month, it gets complex when the customer's account is cancelled for non-payment and they want to re-activate).

- Multiple currencies currently aren't managed through one dashboard – bit annoying from a reporting perspective as we have to add up everything across 4 currencies.

- Would be good to have a bit more flexibility in invoice display/email template – e.g. have a text field that our customers could fill out with whatever they wanted on the invoice (e.g. VAT and address, but not in a structured format).

Subscriptions and billing for our SaaS product.

Chargebee review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best payment solution for SaaS"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive analytics on all kinds of metrics, all in one place. Great and responsive support. Flexibility of creating custom discounted purchase links with one-time codes.

What do you dislike?

The platform has a bit of a learning curve, but other than that - no real flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the mechanics of creating discount codes vs discount code sets, as well as possibility to include a discount into a custom link

Putting the payment processing on autopilot with as much automation as possible.

Chargebee review by Tim D.
Tim D.

"robust subscription management from a great team"

What do you like best?

Support is excellent. More importantly though, the service continues to evolve based on user feedback.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. If I find a missing features, the Chargebee team builds it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It just works and is backed by an outstanding team.

I'm using Chargebee for subscription management of self-service users, including payments, renewals, and maintenance. Low cost efficiency.

Chargebee review by Armel L.
Armel L.

"Solid product, awesome team !"

What do you like best?

Flexibility: Even though i'm in France, i could setup everything so that it looks perfectly for my situation (language, taxes, etc.)

Team : After signing up, i got contacted by a guy called Shawn who took almost 1 hour to help me migrate from test to production smoothly. He never push for the sale and was open to share usefull ideas.

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now. You really have to test to make your opinion. For me, it's a big A !!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive it. it's free and make your own opinion. And i think u wont be waisting your time.

Have a streamlined billing system.

"Seamless integrations"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of Xero to automate all of the accounting work (invoicing).

What do you dislike?

More versatility and configurations for the customer portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great all round software to help you scale that has an excellent support team to help configure and solve any problems you may have.

Scaling with a rapidly growing customer base, Chargebee has scaled with us, without increasing labour significantly.

Chargebee review by Wai Hong F.
Wai Hong F.

"Without Chargebee, there's no way we would be able to scale our business the way we have."

What do you like best?

We love that chargebee takes the pain out of managing our subscription billing and provides a scalable platform for us to grow without worrying about losing control or creating administrative nightmares.

Chargebee also adopts a simple pricing model, and supported us in our early stages with their startup plan which we are grateful for. The team is also quick to respond to our queries and are very supportive of our business.

What do you dislike?

There are certain bugs/issues that we've encountered while using chargebee. Even though we've been dilligent to report them, not everything has been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are evaluating a SaaS billing management platform, Chargebee is a must try. Especially if you're in Asia, chargebee is really the ONLY viable option with it's connectivity to gateways that operate in Asia.

Chargebee helps us to manage both monthly/annual billings, a variety of products/addons and also offline/online payments. They are truly quite unique in the industry for solving all these problems for us.

Chargebee review by Gilles F.
Gilles F.

"Using Chargebee for manage MailClark subscription"

What do you like best?

A powerful and really complete API, well documented.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. When we have issue, the support help us and the product evolved regularly.

We choose Chargebee to manage recurent subscriptions for our Slack bot MailClark at the end of 2016.

In few weeks, we have open the paying version without big effort and with the free plan, we have grow up without have to pay immediatly for that.

Chargebee review by Vladimir D.
Vladimir D.

"Very flexible and reliable subscription system "

What do you like best?

Reports, flexible variants of subscriptions and users portal. Integration with intercom

What do you dislike?

Don’t have mobile app when it inform about new users.

Fast implementation of our ideas

Chargebee review by Gilles F.
Gilles F.

"Great billing platform"

What do you like best?

Multiple subscription systems and a complete API

What do you dislike?

The PHP implementation of the API could be more powerfull

Chargebee help us implement our subscription system for MailClark, a bot on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We have change our pricing a couple of times, and each time Chargebee was helpful.

Chargebee review by Vivek K.
Vivek K.

"Does practically everything."

What do you like best?

We have been using Chargebee for over an year and a half. The product does practically everything from managing subscriptions, billing, invoicing and tracking metrics. Support, available integrations - everything works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth mentioning. They have an excellent team backing a superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a SaaS business, you must give Chargebee a shot. Simple, exhaustive and conclusive.

- Ability to manage subscriptions, customers and plans

- Managing billing clients and tracking customer churn

- Tracking key metrics

Chargebee review by Luc P.
Luc P.

"Awesome app"

What do you like best?

The app is awesome, a lot of features, and a crazy support team !

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike in Chargebee

Payment and invoicing

Chargebee review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Chargebee Subscription Billing Review"

What do you like best?

The software UI is well designed and intuitive to use. It is feature rich, they seem to have thought of everything. Chargebee team is very receptive to feedback and new features are regularly introduced. They support a big number of programming languages and the documentation is superb. We trialled all the leading subscription billing platforms and this was the best.

What do you dislike?

Very little, video tutorials could be better

Billing for our SaaS product

Chargebee review by Julian B.
Julian B.

"Very Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

The professional aspect added from using Chargebee.

What do you dislike?

I think it only allows subscriptions instead of 1 time buys - somewhat confusing, likely a work around, but it isn't apparent to me currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for help - they are supper supportive. Don't let things go unknown if you have questions or don't understand something.

Free invoicing to help get started! No real problems, just tons of functionality that is easy to get lost in, I suppose.

Chargebee review by Thomas R.
Thomas R.

"How we use ChargeBee and it rocks!"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee solves a very tough problem well. A lot of software goes into creating a subscription platform like ChargeBee. I'm in love with the high level of customization that is offered through their backend admin interface. I couldn't imagine another service fulling all our needs and doing it so well. The customer service is amazing, doesn't truly compare to any other service out there.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have is that search is a little clunky sometimes and we can't find subscriptions that are in the system given certain information about the customer like shipping data, ect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wanna stress-free solution to the hard task of managing and maintain a subscription service, you have to try ChargeBee.

ChargeBee solves managing and scaling subscriptions. There are a ton of benefits to using ChargeBee. For starters I couldn't imagine having a subscription service without ChargeBee, the software handles everything so I don't have to worry!

Chargebee review by User

"Easy payment gateway with great features and integrations"

What do you like best?

Several plans, ad-ons, easy to manage every detail related to a customer.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up is a bit of a hassle. Editing a particular invoice is difficult. It is not possible to edit an existing invoice.

Amazing billing solutions from Chargebee. Right tool for billing and getting a response faster for billing queries. And the integrations make it even better.

Chargebee review by Dejan C.
Dejan C.

"Superior service and support"

What do you like best?

Hi-end subscription platform, 24/7 support from real coders.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is nothing that I could add in "dislike" section.

Handling subscriptions for large number of customers.

Chargebee review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Great service and support"

What do you like best?

Service works perfectly, support is extremely responsive and nice, the whole solution works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

So very rare specific tax cases are not managed yet (VAT in some oversea territories for example), but there is always a workaround.

We use Chargebee in our SaaS platform to invoice and charge our customer on a recurring basis. Invoicing is complex and we didn't have to build it ourselves thanks to Chargebee.

Chargebee review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Makes Subscription Based Business Easy!"

What do you like best?

I am very happy with the ease of integration along with all of the different integration options. This is typically very difficult when there is a large featureset such as the one offered by ChargeBee.

Having options to use a fully hosted checkout pages along with customer portal, to using a combination (hybrid) or hosted and integrated solution, to a fully integrated 100% customized solution makes this a very versatile solution for any subscription based business.

What do you dislike?

While there are quite a few integration examples, I think it would be helpful if there were more real world scenarios and start to finish code examples.

I am a bit of a hacker when it comes to coding, and I am great at hacking together chunks of code to work together. I wish there were more chunks for me to put together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many of the payment gateways allow subscription services - such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, etc... The way that chargebee brings this all together and allows you to use multiple gateways is a huge plus for me.

If you do not require multiple gateways, you may be OK using the subscription services of the payment gateways directly.

ChargeBee helps solve the need to develop an in-house subscription billing platform. Customers like to have easy access to clear invoices, and to know exactly what is going on with their subscriptions. ChargeBee allows me to do all of this, without too much cost of implementation.

Chargebee review by Ash R.
Ash R.

"great product, great service, credible founders"

What do you like best?

first $50k free + ease of configuration compared to the others (we use a more complicated teams based billing model) + ease of set-up, including editing template customer emails + hopefully ease of integration with Zoho CRM

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that we dislike about Chargebee

Billing engine for our 2x SaaS products

Chargebee review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Talented team, great customer service, fantastic product"

What do you like best?

Chargebee has fantastic onboarding support. They have a great knowledge base area for answers but if you contact them they will get back to you fast with the answers. I also love the dashboard design and metrics. The team are also thinking ahead and adding new features, they are a passionate company and that always shows.

What do you dislike?

So far I can honestly say there is nothing I have disliked. As a product it is doing exactly what I need it to do. And the onboarding process was overall very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee have everything you need especially if you are a startup or SME. When I did the research they were easily the best fit for our needs as a small business. But even if you are a large company they are definitely worth considering and I have noticed they also have much larger companies as clients.

We needed a first-class subscription billing platform that was not expensive from the beginning. As a startup Chargebee was a perfect entry point. And to know they also serve large companies is reassuring because as we grow they will have the solutions for us.

Chargebee review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Amazing Support"

What do you like best?

Helps when developer resources are low. We get to test sites that makes staging really simple. Helps a lot with gathering recurring payments automatically, we use Bean Stream as our payment processor.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, absolutely nothing. I love them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. I think it's amazing! Personally we haven't pursued further yet because we are not at that level of scale. But will implement it in the future.

Great data collection for metrics. Simple plug-in into an e-commerce site. Helps with scaling!

Chargebee review by Nathan J.
Nathan J.

"Flexible, reliable subscription management"

What do you like best?

Chargebee provides simple, flexible subscription management. It's a brweeze to implement and their support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

I wish the analytics were better. The reports they provide are helpful but I feel there could be more. Specifically, more detailed reports relating to conversions and churn would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Before we implemented Chargebee we were using a homegrown billing solution that was full of holes. Within a few weeks of implementing Chargebee we had total peace-of-mind that our billing system was reliable, manageable, and felixible. On top of that, their support was top-notch in helping us migrate our existing accounts and customer billing data.

Chargebee review by Eder T.
Eder T.

"Tremendous Customer Support & Platform! "

What do you like best?

Their support is amazing! I love the team and how attentive they are!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could run all of my companies on one account or change the checkout page to look differently per product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys are constantly improving their platform. There's nothing like it.

I have dropped my billing time by 90%

Chargebee review by Liad B.
Liad B.

"ChargeBee is simply a great service!"

What do you like best?

Support is great and I like the rapid feature releases.. more and more targeted features are making our lives easier every day.

What do you dislike?

In the past I had some issue with the Dashboard and the lack of data it included, but that was resolved when the new Dashboard was released a few months ago... another example of how these guys are very good at building features that add value to their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price is always a factor, however the biggest thing we loved is the API, it was SO EASY to integrate with CB, we love it.

charging and managing subscriptions is a pain in the A$$. We looked deep into the options out there and CB is by fat the best, most flexible solution for the task.

Chargebee review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A no Nonsense billing tool for SaaS businesses"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily track invoices and the transaction history

What do you dislike?

None so far. On a lighter note, it signs me out if I am idle for a few mins and I will have to log in again!

We use Chargebee for Entire billing and invoice generation for our products

Chargebee review by Sean S.
Sean S.

"Greatest invoicing system ever"

What do you like best?

Fully automated. Saves us a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

Not able to add fees to generated invoices.

As a small business owner, I don't have time to follow up with invoices to collect invoices, and with CB's dunning system, it saves us a ton.

Chargebee review by kiran d.
kiran d.

"The most developer friendly billing system in the world"

What do you like best?

Chargebee makes it easy to upgrade plans for our customers. We use the API webhooks extensively and the technical support we receive from Chargebee has always been excellent.

What do you dislike?

Chargebee does not support Multi-currency, but the technical team developed a hack to work around it.

We have over 30,000+ customers, and Chargebee helps us keep our billing in order. It is always difficult for the marketing team to introduce new promotions or plans for our customers as we need to pull in the engineering team to build it. However with Chargebee, new plans and promotions are only a couple of clicks away.

Also, the Finance team can easily pull all the reports needed from one system.

Chargebee review by Suresh S.
Suresh S.

"A complete solution for SaaS recurring Billing"

What do you like best?

1. Power of API

2. Speed of the console app

3. Comprehensive feature set

4. Wide range of gateway options

5. Very reliable and responsive team

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific that I can remember that is negative. May be this something to revisit after 12 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have strong executive support

Your product / engineering team will need counselling on focusing on the 'core' and leaving billing to the experts.

Have 1 engineer committed for at least 1 month to see the go-live through without any hiccup.

If you are migrating from an existing system or an internal system, keep the current system for old customers and onboard new customers using ChargeBee. After that slowly migrate the OLD customers to chargebee

SaaS recurring billing

Chargebee review by Harsha H.
Harsha H.

"Recurring subscription done right"

What do you like best?

Ease of setting up recurring subscriptions and integrations with leading Sales Stack products.

What do you dislike?

High pricing when using it at scale and invoices provided at starting plans are too low for a consumer facing product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with it ; There are only a few recurring subscriptions providers out there in India that work.

We are building a mobile first SaaS product that allows our users to monitor their sites for downtime.

Chargebee review by Gilles B.
Gilles B.

"Ideal for subscription businesses"

What do you like best?

Handles care of all the subscription management

What do you dislike?

Migration from existing solution is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it as early as possible. Migrating can be hard.

Less time doing manual work with invoices, coupons, refunds and other accounting stuff. Also provides delinquent churn reduction solutions with automated emails.

Chargebee review by John C.
John C.

"Great, flexible, well thought out product backed by a talented engineering team."

What do you like best?

Very flexible system, able to adapt to specific needs and fit our somewhat unique recurring billing situation. Support is incredibly responsive and everyone at the company has a strong engineering mindset. They clearly understand the needs of their customers and have built a system that will allow us to grow with them.

What do you dislike?

As a young company and product, they have yet to fully integrate with other e-commerce platforms like Shopify. Fortunately, they have been very receptive to our requests for future developments and have done a great job planning out their development roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their support team about your requirements, they know the product very intimately and will help you understand how the integration might work. Admittedly, there are some situations where ChargeBee will not be a good fit, but for most recurring billing needs, ChargeBee will be perfect. Also, for small feature requests, the ChargeBee team is very up-front about estimating when they could implement something to fit your needs.

We needed a flexible, hosted recurring billing solution that would allow our customers to subscribe to our products and manage their subscriptions fairly autonomously. ChargeBee has helped us implement a clean and intuitive checkout page for our subscribers as well as host a fully functional customer portal.

Chargebee review by Keerthik O.
Keerthik O.

"Chargebee: Flexible scalable payment"

What do you like best?

Responsive developer support, scales well from low to high volume. Flexible for all kinds of business needs, coupons, subscriptions, special offers, customer contact, APIs, etc.

What do you dislike?

Hardly much. There is still a few features in development, but it's coming along well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready to do some front-heavy API integration,

Payment management and support.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"An intuitive interface and a smooth and easy-to-understand API"

What do you like best?

Setting up the API was a dream. Every method call is perfectly named and returns all of the relevant data.

Quite often payment APIs can be overly complicated and difficult to work wit but the Chargebee dev team seem to have things perfectly in hand.

What do you dislike?

Struggling to think of any issues we have had.

Recurring payments for the subscribers to our dating website.

Chargebee review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Solid SaaS billing solution"

What do you like best?

Support for lots of payment gateways. The hosted pages are also very useful before you go down the full API route.

What do you dislike?

Phone support is poor. Also the dashboards and reports are very limited and don't have many configuration options.

SaaS billing solution that can handle all aspects of our pricing model.

Chargebee review by David J.
David J.

"ChargeBee: Simple, Flexible, Powerful, Great Support, Easy/Fast Integration"

What do you like best?

We are running a simple business and have been very happy with ChargeBee. We evaluated and implemented many subscription platforms including Recurly and Chargify. ChargeBee was the simplest and most flexible. They seem to have a real desire to please and help, and a very scalable pricing structure.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have nothing negative to say at all. The interface could be a bit cleaner perhaps, but it's good and I care what my customers see and what the customer sees is great!

ChargeBee is better than every other platform I've researched over the last five years. It's cheaper. More flexible. I was trying to implement a third party subscription management tool. We rent high-end coffee machines on a subscription basis. ChargeBee was excellent for getting this done and keeping it simple.

Chargebee review by Sunil M.
Sunil M.

"Excellent billing product constantly updated with great new features from an very responsive team"

What do you like best?

I have an innovate medical practice that is membership based and patients pay a flat monthly fee. I like the recurring credit card subscription management with third party storage of credit cards so that I am not locked into a payment gateway and don't have to worry about data portability. I love the reports that include monthly recurrent revenue, new revenue and churn rates. I am planning to expand my practice and I like the multiple sites concept so that I can have different practices separated from each other.

What do you dislike?

The product team is excellent and are super responsive and anything that is currently not available will be ready in a few months. The team innovates at a rapid pace.

Here is my wish list:

1. ACH payments .

2. Invoice billing

3. Multiple stored credit cards per customer (some customers want a different card for addon or want to change to a previous card)

4. Master admin panel where subscriptions from all sites can be viewed and modified.

Prior to ChargeBee, I used chase automatic billing (free), QuickBooks online, cash , checks etc. but did not have one single system to reconcile everything know who were still current on payments and to obtain metrics like monthly revenue or churn rate. This had to be done manually that took up hours of time.

After switching to ChargeBee, it has been much simpler to manage and set up is a breeze. I now have patients ign up online using the hosted page and everything is automated including the reports.

I absolutely love the software and well worth the money.

Chargebee review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Comic Bento runs on Chargebee"

What do you like best?

Right before we launched our new subscription-based blind box venture Comic Bento, we realized the payment program we’d been working with lacked some of the basic functions we needed. Chargebee was always on our radar, but we’d decided to go in a different direction. How much time and energy we would have saved had we gone with Chargebee from the start. The implementation was simple and we have been running smoothly with Chargebee ever since. The back end is easy to navigate and smartly laid out, and there have been existing functions for many late-development idea we have come up with. We have used Chargebee’s customer service a number of times since signing up, with mixed but generally positive results; customer service by e-mail has been particularly helpful.

What do you dislike?

Our only issue so far has been customer service by live chat. We have found that e-mail and patience has been the only Chargebee customer service solution we can rely on.

Chargebee's templates for hosted pages let us design however we want without having to worry about hosting anything ourselves. Other subscription management apps failed to charge different taxes by province in Canada,

Chargebee review by Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great Company!"

What do you like best?

Our company loves Chargebee. Their support staff has been unbelievable. We had quite an intense import and transformation from our last recurring billing system into this new one and they were extremely responsive in making sure everything went smoothly without charging us extra. I have suggested a few improvements to the software and I have already seen these put into place which is awesome. Also their program is just extremely user friendly and easy to follow. We have had nothing but a great experience with them! Thanks Chargebee!

What do you dislike?

Everything has been great so far. Looking forward to exploring more options with API integration.

Easy to use and not expensive. Love that they seem up to date with technology and provide easy API integrations.

Chargebee review by Jon Y.
Jon Y.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Chargebee were fantastic (and patient!) when it came to getting me set up. I was starting from scratch, applying for a payment gateway at the same time and they offered advice on that too.

What do you dislike?

The custom template system could be a little less clunky. I like to have full control over the templates which meant downloading blank templates to my local machine and tweaking them - but there's no clear way to "test" the layout on my local machine since there are special tags in the template files.

n/a

Chargebee review by Paolo L.
Paolo L.

"Chargebee was essential in the success of our business model for developing 3 SAAS systems "

What do you like best?

The ability to automatically charge credit cards monthly and run a subscription based business.

A good API that allows us to integrate our SAAS systems

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Some reports could perhaps be a bit clearer.

Great for cashflows

Great time saver

great for debt control

Chargebee review by Rachael B.
Rachael B.

"Migrating our data from Recurly to ChargeBee"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee is built with the user/business owner in mind. I love that it is so easy to use that we don't have to have a full time position dedicated to operating our billing process.

What do you dislike?

As a group of non-developers ChargeBee is great for us. All I can think of that might make it better is if there were a few more options in the Hosted Checkout page, such as easily adding add-ons or letting purchasers adjust quantity with out having to touch code, just and on off button type of thing.

Recurring billing is our biggest challenge, ChargeBee solves all of the issues we couldn't with Recurly unless we wanted to spend lots of money on development. ChargeBee is perfect for an early stage business trying to scale.

Chargebee review by Glenn M.
Glenn M.

"Great Customer Service, Easy to Set-up, Implement, Scale And Pivot"

What do you like best?

The customer service and ease of use are absolutely phenomenal. It took me one day to utilize the basic features, and within the week I was using exports and making custom plans, coupons and more. The customer support really goes above and beyond to help us optimize our product and website. Everyone on the team supports my business, and that's invaluable.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't very much I dislike about Chargebee. They didn't integrate with a few SaaSes we wanted to use, and they built the integrations. They are based out of India, but that has never been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find anything better.

We recently lost our CTO, so we've had to pivot to make everything on our site non-tech based or utilizing other web based SaaSes. Chargebee has been their every step of the way during a really rough transition period. The support staff is friendly and knowledgable, and their CEO Krish is one of a kind. He gets things done, and really takes the time to understand our problems before he implements a solution. Everyone on the team communicates well, and I honestly consider Chargebee one of the founding members of our team.

I've never been disappointed by chargebee, and they are actively growing and building everything I need to be a true best-of-breed subscription billing SaaS. It's easy to see how much money we've got coming in, and it never takes me more than a minute to print out a report, make a change for a customer (hold, cancel, refund, bill more etc), or take a look at our data. We've used other recurring billing providers, and they don't compare to Chargebee.

Chargebee review by Siva D.
Siva D.

"Awesome product and awesome team !"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, simple and yet powerful. Support is awesome. They are very quick in the resolution and constantly improving the product features.

What do you dislike?

I wish they have an option for customers to pay via ACH also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the value for your money, this is the best product you could go with for your subscription management needs.

subscription management of our apps. All the invoicing, payments, renewals are automatic which reduces a lot of manual work.

Chargebee review by User in Internet

"Chargebee is our startup solution"

What do you like best?

Chargebee is easy to use, simple to understand, and most importantly it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

Wish it would sync to Salesforce, that would be perfect

Billing & Invoices

Chargebee review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great for any business with a recurring revenue model!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Lots of advanced features. It's an affordable solution for startups.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about chargebee.

Chargebee makes it easy to manage subscriptions.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"Good platform to manage renewable/non-renewable subscriptions"

What do you like best?

It works well if your plans are of fixed price. It's dashboard is pretty easy to understand. Provides good reporting.

What do you dislike?

The flexibility of charging a dynamic fee is not allowed. It should also provide an option to charge a dynamic fee depending on what is being paid for. Would love this flexibility.

Yearly subscription renewal.

Chargebee review by Ashok V.
Ashok V.

"One time setup and works like a charm"

What do you like best?

With Chargebee we never really had to deal with billing. We managed to set it up in one day and havent changed any thing in over a year. It still works like a charm. We love the level of support they provide. They are quite proactive and respond within a few hours

What do you dislike?

We would ideally like to see more integrations but once they added the zapier integration, we managed to link it with our accounting and other software.

Our entire billing needs are completely met by chargebee. It seamlessly handles all our billing and payment processes.

Chargebee review by Jamie P.
Jamie P.

"Seamless product, great customer service"

What do you like best?

We transitioned to Chargebee from another service with a very good user good interface but very limited customization and reporting. We have been extremely pleased with our experience. The transition was seamless because we use Stripe as the credit card processor so our subscribers didn't have to re-enter payment info. The customer service has been outstanding. Training our team (across multiple locations) was also very easy - the user interface is very straightforward and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I always want more reporting because I'm a data junkie. They're working on that and will often send me reports when I ask for something specific.

We need a member subscription system that is easily customized to meet our needs and basically runs itself each month. That's what we got!

Chargebee review by James C.
James C.

"Really nice API and great support. The only negative was my experience with the payment gateway."

What do you like best?

Really nice API. Excellent support. Does exactly what it's supposed to.

What do you dislike?

The only gripe is that I didn't have too many payment gateways to chose from in my region (New Zealand). This won't be an issue for American or European users and, to some extent, isn't really ChargeBee's fault - there's a bit of a dearth of good payment gateways in NZ in general (Stripe, Braintree and eWay are mumbling about it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have a supported payment gateway and merchant account, definitely give them a try.

Managing SaaS subscriptions

Chargebee review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Outstanding Experience"

What do you like best?

The level of support is absolutely phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to have a bad experience with ChargeBee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for anyone that is starting a subscription-based service.

I am starting a subscription-based monthly WordPress website management / maintenance business and ChargeBee has proven capable in delivering everything I need so far. Even when I asked to have my entire URL name changed from my personal name to my business name, they were able to do it with no issue whatsoever.

Chargebee review by Executive Sponsor in E-Learning
Executive Sponsor in E-Learning

"Chargebee is the best subscription management software by far"

What do you like best?

- Clean and powerful APIs

- Excellent documentation

- Flexibility in charging overage

What do you dislike?

More integration examples for charging taxes including GST

Automatically charging my SaaS customers based on pricing plans and flexibility in creating the pricing plans. Saved me considerable time for go to marker and upfront investment .

Chargebee review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Powerful, flexible billing platform with excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Reliable, easy to use, flexible, with really responsive and friendly customer service. Supports multiple payment gateways.

What do you dislike?

Multiple currency support is a little hacky, and no PayPal support yet, but these are both on the roadmap

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth considering ChargeBee if you're in the market for a recurring billing platform.

I was looking for an simple to integrate, affordable billing platform for a new startup, and found one.

Chargebee review by User

"Great product, even better customer service and support"

What do you like best?

We looked at about every vendor on the market and ChargeBee's product features by and far outshines the competition. With regular new feature releases and an amazingly responsive support team, we couldn't be happier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We're fully satisfied with this product.

We were trying to find a solution that allowed us greater control over our member management and product diversification as well as deep insight into our revenue cycles and member cash flow. ChargeBee easily automates several manual processes we had being spending copious amounts of time doing before.

Chargebee review by Susanne L.
Susanne L.

"ChargeBee is great at meeting our business' unique needs. "

What do you like best?

Customized Invoices, Ease of Refunds and Subscription Changes

What do you dislike?

Could be better at handling one-time charges

Recommendations to others considering the product

Low cost provider!

Switched all fitness club memberships from an annual basis to a monthly basis. Customers are now more engaged in fitness programs and less turnover in memberships.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Really a great experience with Chargebee!!!!"

What do you like best?

New UI and the User Experience is really awesome. I love the product top to bottom

What do you dislike?

Much better API support would be nice and helpful

Invoicing and Account Management