4.8

Chargebee - Affordable Subscription Billing & Recurring Billing Solution for online web apps. SAAS based billing model. Integrated with all leading Payment Gateways for online payment.

Work for Chargebee?

Learning about Chargebee?

Chargebee Reviews

Ask Chargebee a Question
Showing 167 Chargebee reviews
Chargebee review by Balázs O.
Balázs O.
View Original

"Great all-round billing solution"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chargebee
Chargebee review by Elif K.
Elif K.

"Easy-to-use billing & subscription management for SaaS businesses"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to manage our daily billing operations. Creating and changing subscriptions, applying coupons, the whole proration system,...it's just very easy to manage your billing ops. Chargebee takes care of everything automatically. I also like that they provide us with free subscription analytics with their new product RevenueStory.

What do you dislike?

Their support team wasn't very reactive when we first started, but since then I've see that they made a lot of improvements. Their support team has become reactive and effective, so no problems about that anymore. Also it would be great if we can have some advance filtering when it comes to subscriptions. We tag our churned clients by reason. In Chargebee we can see who churned, but we can't filter them by tags. That would be a great feature to add! This way we can work with data straight from Chargebee's dashboard.

We're a SaaS business, so we completely rely on Chargebee to manage all our subscription and billing operations. Chargebee offers us a simple platform. We're able to keep track of each client with and also our churn thanks to the integrations they provide. They provide easy, interpretable data on our business which is a great advantage! Chargebee is at the center of our business and we just can't do without. Thanks for building a great product.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Chargebee review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"A Robust Client Portal With All The Bells And Whistles "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is an important tool that will save you business time and money. I love the feature sets such as proration, subscription billing, and the client portal. This tool can get pretty technical at times. I found the test site to be useful but when transferring all of that test data to the live site I found a few of my settings to be missing.

It's probably better to just develop on the Iive site first and just be done with it.

But once you are setup you don't have to touch anything. Everything just works. I can see all my monthly reports in a simple to understand graph within the dashboard. I love the proration feature as it is a lifesaver. I recommend this completely to anyone who needs a client portal complete with a billing solution. Customer service is always prompt and they have always answered my questions within minutes of sending a ticket

What do you dislike?

-A lot of options

-Test site

-Theme store

Chargebee allows me to effectively bill my clients in with an all in one solution

Chargebee review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Everything we need!"

What do you like best?

We're a small startup and were looking for an alternative to our very impersonal Xero recurring invoices that were being sent to our customers every 12 months. Chargebee "just works". Everything I want it to do works perfectly, from the invoices and subscription management, to the bonuses like RevenueStory!

What do you dislike?

I'm still trying to set up the Xero integration, which is a little harder than I wish, but the tutorial and step by step guide seems to outline it quite well. I just got nervous about half way through as I didn't want to "ruin" my Xero contact list with duplicates etc (although I'm not sure if this is what will happen)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It might be a little pricey (although you get like $100k of revenue free to start with) but it's super robust, super fast and just a great fit with anyone wanting a subscription management system!

We had a terrible invoice management system, with customers missing, and lost revenue. Chargebee fixed all of that for us.

Chargebee review by Jean-Baptiste G.
Jean-Baptiste G.

"Awesome solution to get my subscriptions and payments under control"

What do you like best?

Super easy to set up. The app is well designed, you find everything you need where you would expect to. Clear articles explain to you all you need to know. And the support team is awesome.

They give you migration checklists so that you don't forget anything before going live.

The API is also rather nice and well documented, with an existing Ruby adapter that I could use in my case.

What do you dislike?

It's more like a feature request. They've built a Checkout Portal that makes integration on your site super easy, but it doesn't cover (yet) all the scenarios. Creating and updating a subscription is ok, but to add a non-recurring addon or one-time charges you need to go through the API (which works great too).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it especially if you need to handle several payment methods like card & direct debit, with recurring subscriptions.

I was managing subscriptions internally and payments in GoCardless. It was often hard to reconcile both and a nightmare for accounting. With Chargebee, I have all the information in one place. It also handles the failed payments with the dunning feature, so I don't have to deal with that.

It addresses the reporting as well, meaning I don't have to develop my own reports in-house.

Chargebee review by Jon E.
Jon E.

"Chargebee makes it stupidly simple to run my SaaS"

What do you like best?

Chargebee allows us to focus on what adds value - building features for our paying customers - rather than developing and managing a complex billing service. Invoicing, dunning, hosted pages - lots of value for our growing SaaS!

What do you dislike?

I would have said Chargebee's reporting/analytics, but they recently launched RevenueStory, a companion product available on some tiers and it's incredible. I still find myself using the reporting features inside of Chargebee for day-to-day numbers, and jumping over to RevenueStory when I need more detailed reporting.

Chargebee provides a layer on top of billing processors like Stripe to make it easy to create and manage accounts, offer trials, offer discounts and all can be managed via a hosted platform off our site. Roll out was easy, and we've continued to integrate more features into our app over time when the need arises. It's like having a swiss-army tool for billing, ready and sharpened!

Chargebee review by James R.
James R.

"Set it and forget it....No Worries."

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of using Chargebee. I connected it to my Stripe account with ease and was able to set up the payment pages and thank you pages very easily without looking at any documentation or instructions. I think they designed it to be intuitive and simple to set up...it's great. I also like that I'm getting to use the product for a while before having to commit to a paid plan.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there's anything I "dislike" but I will say that I won't complain if they create a Chargebee App so I can easily see my account on my phone. I'm using my web browser for now and the screens are fairly mobile responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a no obligation trial period so I would recommend you give Chargebee a try. It's easy to set up and it simply works. You've got nothing to lose.

I was looking for a way to collect credit card information from my clients which could be used for monthly recurring billing on autopilot. Chargebee is the solution I found which collected my client's credit card info only one time upon initiating service, and then stored that info securely to use it for future monthly billing. It makes my job very easy, I collect the credit card info one time and then I just get paid every month for servicing my clients. It's never failed me and I trust that it will keep working.

Chargebee review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"A smart choice for any SaaS business"

What do you like best?

I have found CB to be a big time saver, it's very intuitive and wherever you are on the platform, customer payment details, product catalog, a specific invoice, everything you'd need to see is either right there or an obvious click away.

Looking at the historical payments data is simplified into a single view, and editing products and plans can be done in seconds, and updated across the entire customer base.

What do you dislike?

It can be unclear sometimes whether VAT or taxes will be applied to the custom amounts you enter for one off charges. I have found that I've entered amounts only for taxes to be applied, when it wasn't clear that it was applicable to that customer. Prompts in the platform, or a clearer summary view would help this.

ChargeBee has allowed us to segment our business into two parts, and fully automate the lower end. The CSMs time can now be focused on enterprise clients, and all payments, dunning, late payment messaging is all handled through CB

Chargebee review by Kate F.
Kate F.

"Actually easy to use"

What do you like best?

Super simple ux/ui, intuitive platform that I actually like using, if you are considering using this platform at least start a trial and see how easit it is to use. The dashboard and monthly reports are always super helpful.

Easy to use between teams - finance, developers and sales.

I always have chargebee open on my computer as it is something that I can simply check and be updated on where we at this day, week, month - without having to dive super deep into accounts and self caluculate.

From the support we have recieved, we are happy with the product - only issue is the slight changes in catered enterprise plans as mentioned below (otherwise AMAZING service).

What do you dislike?

Some of the structures around creating catered enterprise plans are hard to work.

Really really minor, when you are copying an invoice date, it atomatically clicks though, it really doest even count as an issue, just a minor thing for my usecase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every person I have recommended Chargebee to has ended up signing up and loving the product!

Subscription payments (SaaS platform)

Chargebee review by Richard G. H.
Richard G. H.

"ChargeBee and its team have proven themselves in multiple scenarios"

What do you like best?

As a chief software architect for two decades, I analyse and integrate many solutions and, since about 2012, many SaaS solutions. In 2014 I chose ChargeBee and have used ChargeBee in multiple organizations and industries -- and have never looked back. It just works, and if there is tricky situation at hand, they are itching for the opportunity to solve it, whatever it is. I am truly thankful for ChargeBee...

What do you dislike?

I'm often wishing that it would be easier to integrate ChargeBee with one of the major Identity Management systems such as Azure AAD B2C.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their time machine to test, it is really the only way to be sure you have things really right.

In my case, many of my customers are established industries that are moving into SaaS. Integrating with their existing ERP-backend systems is crucial. This is easy with ChargeBee, and on-line SaaS, their core business, is all one could ask for in an international landscape.

Chargebee review by Juerg M.
Juerg M.

"The only solution who helps to get started"

What do you like best?

The most I like is the fact, that I was able to start my own business without investing a lot of money every month. Chargebee's great price model helps me to start small and grow the business until I reach a certain revenue level before I have to pay any monthly fees.

The fact if once it's set, it is so easy to add new customer, subscriptions and more, and it does take care of all the interactions with your customers, so it won't be forgotten.

The dashboard gives me a quick and easy overview about all my payment processings, and if there's something I have to give em a closer look, I just click on it and it will show me all the details.

What do you dislike?

When I have a new customer with no payment method added yet, I'm not able to add a new subscription with "Auto Collection" = on, so as soon as the customer added his payment info, the payment process is running. I always have to change it manually after the payment info was added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out, once it's set it's easy to use and doesn't need a lot of your valuable time.

I don't have to make my own customer front-end and I'm able to configure the Checkout & Service Portal very flexible, what I allow and not allow customers to do.

Chargebee review by John P.
John P.

"Great way to manage subscription customers"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set up, and you can start without coding anything, using their hosted pages. This let us experiment without costing the business anything initially.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most intuitive system to set up, because you're trying to manage something that's intrinsically fairly complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a reliable solution with a generous free trial. If you're looking for a way to manage your subscriptions without needing to write code (initially, at least) then Chargebee is well worth a look.

We had an initial business model that was purely usage-based (B2B software platform) but moved to a subscription and I wanted something to help manage this. Chargebee also handles Stripe payments for us without our having to build our own payment system. It's given us reliable monthly revenue over a long period and is really easy to set up and manage once you've understood how it works.

Chargebee review by Paula L.
Paula L.

"Great service, great support"

What do you like best?

We've found the Chargebee product very easy to configure and use and when we've had questions, the team has responded quickly and helpfully. Their customer service is among the best of the products we use. The product itself is also well designed from a user interaface perspective and the reporting is great.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, more of a feature request. We have a mix of subscription and one-time purchase options; we've had to hack a way to manage our one-time products alongside our subscription. It works, but we'd love to have it be more native to the program.

We are a software-as-a-service business; Chargebee handles all our subscriptions and customer information. It's been great having it all handled so smoothly; we rarely have to do anything but just let it do its job in the background. Low-maintenance, high value.

Chargebee review by Dan K.
Dan K.

"Very efficient and powerful solution for recurring billing"

What do you like best?

Chargebee covers almost everything we need to establish reliable recurring billing system. The process of integration with our own back office was quite straightforward thanks to a very good API documentation. They have responsive support, willing to find solutions and even offering some non-standard ones.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see integration with more payment gateways, the ability to issue invoices on behalf of multiple entities, better support for multiple languages in PDF invoices, better sync with QuickBooks when accepting payments in multiple currencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good solution, highly recommended.

We were able to replace our self-made billing with a robust system. Chargebee allowed us to cut significant time on development, and at the same time offer a full-blown recurring billing solution to our customers, with flexible billing plans, proper invoices, integration with payment gateways out of the box and so much more.

Chargebee review by Vatsal T.
Vatsal T.

"Chargebee has made our ability to manage client subscriptions and payments quick and easy."

What do you like best?

We use multiple sources for our payment & Chargebee makes it easy to manage all of this as a unified solution. The interface is really intuitive and provides meaningful dashboards. Quick turnaround times in support. Earlier we used another product, but we moved to Chargebee because of their excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places that improvements could be made; the UI/UX could be upgraded a bit to be more user friendly for those just starting out with the tool, app cues should be helpful too.

The Salesforce integration is rudimentary and could be improved upto a large extent.

More integrations released at regular intervals while the current ones are being optimised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it as you can accept payments from various sources like card/ACH/SEPA Direct Debit and accept recurring payments apart from the other additional features.

It removes the pain out of subscription billing. We are able to collect recurring payments from multiple different source with auto-collection on card as well as direct debit. Pricing experiments that help with analysis and come to conclusive rates.

Chargebee review by Charley M.
Charley M.

"Details are critical and ChargeBee gets them right"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee nails the details. Product loves it, developers love it, and most importantly: our customers seem to love it! Good documentation, great UX/UI, fantastic support, easy to manage and set up.

What do you dislike?

JSON did not carry over when we ported from Test to Live, meaning there was a lot of copying and pasting of JSON back into Plans. Other than that, ChargeBee has been a pleasure to work with -- which is a huge compliment considering the market their product deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChargeBee will give you confidence that you can set up and manage a large, complex SaaS software sales and entitlement system.

ChargeBee is really flexible and configurable. We stood up the first SaaS sales system at TouchCast with relative ease. ChargeBee, with the Stripe and SalesForce integrations, means we can make CB our turnkey, master system with supplying entitlements to the client applications while noting all sales records to SalesForce.

Chargebee review by Mohammed S.
Mohammed S.

"There's no other solution"

What do you like best?

I run a bicycle electrification service and Chargebee allows me to concentrate on making customers happy instead of following up on payments. Despite trying other solutions, Chargebee is hands down the best. Their generous free allowance gives my company the breathing space to perfect our service. I recommend Chargebee to all my fellow founders.

What do you dislike?

There's an initial deposit that I require from customers. After the bicycle is converted the membership is considered as 'started'. At the moment there is no simple way through the UI to achieve this type of payment setup, however, I managed to get it done using the webhook/chargbee node SDK + firebase functions.

The best traction is $$$ so instead of building out a fancy website I set up chargebee and went out to look for customers.

Chargebee review by James Maverick A.
James Maverick A.

"A long starting process but end is now in sight!"

What do you like best?

Chargebee is well designed, very straight forward and easy to find what you need quickly. The best feature by far is the wayback machine (and the cool DeLorean cartoon), it allows you to start at a previous date and work forward as though your subscriptions age naturally.

What do you dislike?

While they do seem to roll out new features on the road map, they are missing some extremely key things that would be simple to implement (if you ask they give you the "Great idea, we will look into it later"). One of the BIGGEST dislikes was that when you use the wayback tool you are then unable to use & test the user billing portal which is a key part of the solution! This is all because the portal requires sessions that expire and no one thought that they should allow consideration if the site is in test mode and running the wayback tool. It just seems odd that key bugs like this are just not fixed overnight!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very generous startup plan which is a plus for new businesses, but watch out for some features you would expect included as they are only in the top plan!

I am using Chargebee simply because the project I am working on is already of a large scale that building an entire billing system as well would push back the go-live too far. So it has helped with our schedule of release. Benefits wise it has actually given some great insights into the way a dedicated billing tool is made up and what features work and what doesn't - we will eventually replace with our own billing platform so this will benefit us in knowing the key features we need from the start.

Chargebee review by Britany K.
Britany K.

"May your payments save your time."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can easily configure and control renewals, proration. The better integration of the other payment processors. much faster to use online, offline and of course allow payments in any form they come. I can simplify accounting with pure and exact records.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any bad problems with this software. I haven't seen any errors in the payments system. Now I can say that is the great way to increase our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will choose that platform you will have the most wonderful payment system. This software will keep you informed with a daily report you with your main SaaS metrics, you’ll never miss important matters. The product which is really easy to install and use. I recommend it to you.

With this software, we can focus on increasing our business. This platform can balance with definition, protection, and compliance with the simpleness of access. With all of this, we can allow we never have invoice worries again. We like to work on this platform.

Chargebee review by Sjoerd H.
Sjoerd H.

"Easy to set up solution with great support"

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and to handle, does pretty much all it needs to do. The support ream is really great and helpful, there are very regular updates and a great transparency on what is coming and I actually enjoy their newsletter & blog.

Also, their integrations are on point, and it is really easy to add API keys and webhooks to additional services.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. The interface could be upgraded a bit. There might be some integrations I would like to see happening, but nothing urgent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means, compare the different services out there, but definitely give this little bit smaller player a chance. They won't dissapoint.

For a company in need of a solution to handle recurring revenue, this is a great solution. Even the checkout pages are hosted, so really can be done without too much technical knowledge.

Chargebee review by jeffrey s.
jeffrey s.

"still some features to add but, a solid company & foundation for commerce"

What do you like best?

the service is very easy to set up and get running very quickly. I also appreciate the company spirit and their responsiveness to customer feedback. They are a company willing to learn.

What do you dislike?

(note: they are making innovations all the time and adding new features) - my biggest complaint would be the inability to really adjust the checkout process. For example, add check boxes for item options, or one-click up-sells, etc (without coding).

Recommendations to others considering the product

in it's current state at the time of writing this revue, chargebee is perfect for very simple subscriptions. Choose an item, enter info and done. Adding checkout options, add-on items and variable products takes a bit more work. but they are working on it!

i'm now able to collect recurring revenue!!! Despite and complaint, the bottom line is that Chargebee has provided the ability to collect recurring payments and now i have PREDICTABLE income.

Chargebee review by jake m.
jake m.

"Chargebee is easy + efficient"

What do you like best?

Chargebee's layout is easy to use and navigate. The important information (i.e. type of subscription, frequency of payment, payment history) is all available right up front. Non-important information is hidden and you can access it with clicks.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that I can't see easily who is in a trial vs. who is actually a paying customer. Also, sometimes when I need to extend a trial for someone I cannot get the window to appear. Little things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee connects with Hubspot and other CRM platforms.. take advantage of that!

We can manage a subscription based platform easily with Chargebee! We don't use it for one time payments that often but I'm sure it's easy to use.

Chargebee review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Like to be around with Chargebee"

What do you like best?

Clever retry logic to restore lost income or calculate it. Now we send to customers beautiful and clear invoices and they really like that. Anything that I need is near me, all financial tools and reports. That is the point which I like it so much.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to complain about it. Everything is fine. No meaning to change something. Very good software and works really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice software and so simple, easy to use and allows to configure every single unit of the payment process. Actually, it's better to use it to help you with your business. Just try it yourself.

Chargebee allows to run pricing experiments and you will know what you do right or wrong with the pricing model. Now not just the developers can manage subscriptions first-hand. Our company using this solution about 1 year and happy with it.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"Outstanding support, excellent, well-implemented documented features and easy integration"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up, the continuous upgrades on the platform, but first of all the very excellent, helpful and friendly support team. Whenever we have had questions on our integration they've been addressed promptly, and our feature suggestions have been taken seriously by the development team.

What do you dislike?

We have suggested a couple of features to the dev team, more custom reporting, a little more control over the checkout experience for some corner cases. But most if not all of this is already possible via the API so it's not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They take you seriously as a customer. The feature set is very well thought out and flexible to meet different business models. Moreover, they are continuously developing their platform so you can expect new features to be added.

Seamless integration with our own systems, website and apps. Users get their own control panel from which they can manage, cancel or upgrade their subscriptions with almost no code required on our part. Great support for email notifications for users on subscription changes.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"Great tool with even better support"

What do you like best?

There are two things that really stand out:

- Quality of the product (in terms of API, Documentation, etc)

- Customer Support

We are using chargebee for over one year and it was super easy to integrate in our system in terms of connecting the API and charging customers via Stripe etc. Whenever we had an issue, we got great support from their support team, also on a technical level!

What do you dislike?

We have a quite complex setup when it comes to charging. There are a few things, especially on the invoice, that can't be modified to fully support all our needs, but there are workarounds.

Examples:

- It's not possible to fully modify how a line item looks like (e.g. no negative amount possible)

- It's not possible to have different tax rates

We are generating invoices with chargebee, send them to our customers and if they have credit card charging enabled, we automatically charge them

Chargebee review by Administrator

"A bit tricky for what I need it for, but it can just about botch together what we need."

What do you like best?

The fact that it is free for the first 50,000USD that passes through the system. And even after that, it is affordable. It is also the only subscription payment based software has been able to offer me all the flexibility I need for my subscription plans, whilst also making it easy for my customers to change their plan to a different one with ease, without needing to cancel and then resubscribe.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how complicated it is to use. I have slowly learnt more and more about it and how it works and have now learnt there are lots of useful bits to it, so I can forgive it a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChargeBee does the job for me, but depending on what you need it for it may be unnecessarily complicated. Look into 2-4 options before deciding on your subscription/recurring payment database for your customers.

I needed a subscription customer-database that would be able to integrate into my SquareSpace website, charge recurring payments, have custom forms for my customers and have a user friendly customer portal so they can change and edit or update their subscription plans for our subscription box service.

Chargebee review by Brenton J.
Brenton J.

"Solid Performer with great support"

What do you like best?

The best part about chargebee is the support and how rock solid the billing is. Its easy to use and suits my business well. We bill IT services and manage all our customers billing in house. We don't let the customer manage their own billing at all so can't speak to that.help documentation is very good.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks sync is on the top plan which is annoying (EDIT: to be clear, I meant the middle plan. (not enterprise) this is the $299 plan as of this review), but other than that its good. Some features can only be enabled with a support ticket but im sure they will fix that. Changes to a % instead of a per invoice model is annoying (Edit: I will be able to stay on my old grandfathered plan though) but the transition was communicated well. Customers get annoyed with all the emails, but these can be managed with a bit of config.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does what it says on the box. User portal seems to be good too, customers don't have too much issues adding their own credit card.

Being able to bill every customer with credit cards monthly is a great time and cashflow thing. I couldn't make any money unless I automated these functions. Some products like Office 365 are extremely low margin so having a solid billing platform is excellent.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"All you need to manage a SaaS startup"

What do you like best?

When I decided to build my startup and I needed to set up subscription management and invoicing I became really terrified by the amount of things I had to implement not excluding managing all the different VAT rates for EU countries. It was a total relief finding Chargebee. They take care of everything! From user registration to payments to invoicing and user self service admin. I could avoid developing my own credit card checkout and use Chargebee ready to use solution. I was up and running so quickly.

What do you dislike?

The export features doesn't enable exporting invoice payment transactions from Stripe. For me it's important to know the amount converted in Euro from the Stripe transaction. It's the only thing I had to implement myself (with a script using Stripe API) for exporting the data to my accountant.

Also, it would be great if it could be connected to the new Italian fiscal digital system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended, it's a complete solution.

It's a ready to use full subscription management solution, there's no need to think about anything and so I can focus on the real features of the app. I was able to get the thing up and running in a few hours with no issues. If I had to do it myself it would have required a lot more time also for maintenance. It's such a critical part of the business that it definitely deserves a dedicated solution.

Chargebee review by Philip W.
Philip W.

"Easy to launch. Easy to scale. What more could you ask for?"

What do you like best?

Reliability. Setting up these systems can take a bit of time when done right. Like Chargebee, the best services are the ones that do not require constant maintenance and troubleshooting when new features or updates are released. Chargebee has never had a glitch. My initial setup still last to today, and as I scale and need more features, it's ready and easy to implement upgrades, new items, new customers, new billing, or newly added technical features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the depth of the customer dashboard. I would like to see an expansion of custom communication and metric features. Fur us, Chargebee is a subscription platform to a physical service (food waste collection program) for our community. It would be great to be able to store personal metrics like waste diversion numbers, invitation to events, and other various communication options to improve customer relationships.

No dedicated staff to handle billing. No technical assistance to build a la carte technical solutions on our own servers/pages. Chargebee makes it possible for a single owner operator to manage both things. Without chargebee, we would not be able to provide our service without hiring additional staff and programmers to facilitate the complexity of service that chargebee allows us to provide with ease.

Chargebee review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"The best recurring payment management platform I've found"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage recurring subscriptions to a very powerful level. Stripe is my favorite payment gateway, but it's focused on the API/developer side, so Chargebee gives it the front end that Stripe doesn't include. The pricing plan is incredible as well, I hope they never change it. You can get started for essentially free, and only when you really start taking advantage of the platform, does it switch to a very small fee that's completely fair.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced branding settings etc could be a little more intuitive. They're not without thought, but sometimes they can seem redundant. But considering the advanced nature of the platform ( the single best I've ever found yet after looking through essentially every option on earth), they handle this plenty smoothly. Like in the onboarding for example.

Only semi-annoyance is that the way that it bills doesn't show up as a subscription in Stripe Dashboard. So you can have live subscriptions in the Chargebee dashboard, but not in the Stripe Dashboard. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because the Chargebee dashboard and reporting is great, but it would be nice to be able to use tools like Get Control to get deeper into Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent for managing customer subscriptions and not only starting or ending them.

We're using it with over 4 businesses running MRR based business models and have pushed 10's of thousands through it, and it hasn't had an issue yet. It allows us to include addons, trials, pause subscriptions, etc. All of those things are hard to do or impossible with other options.

Chargebee review by Joel K.
Joel K.

"All in one package"

What do you like best?

Chargebee lets me get up and running without a trial or expensive monthly fees when you're just trying to build your business. In addition to that they have the easiest to integrate web portal, and great dashboards and controls to keep you on top of how your subscriptions are doing.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would give me more internal email notification options. It would be great to be notified every time someone signed up, or if an invoice wasn't paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! There is little to lose with their free pricing tier.

Chargebee helps me leverage a SaaS business model with little to no development or setup overhead. The flexible pricing, and generous free tier makes me comfortable partnering with them. So far I have tried several solutions and Chargebee was the only one that actually led to a converted customer!

Chargebee review by Benjamin Albert C.
Benjamin Albert C.

"Fast and simple to get going, but very powerful"

What do you like best?

It has been really easy to get set up with Chargebee from a dev, sales and support perspective. Ease of use is what makes us happy!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike really. Exporting our dashboard data would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will get you going quickly and you can guarantee good support when you come up against any issues. Particularly like the free entry plan which allows you really get a feel for the product.

With Chargebee we have turned around getting our SaaS tool off the ground in very little time. This has enabled us to start generating revenue from a very early stage.

Chargebee review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"practical and efficient billing system"

What do you like best?

- the dashboard

- works flawlessly with Authorize.net

- we managed to integrate it with a Drupal-based webshop

What do you dislike?

We would highly value QuickBooks integration, but at the moment there's no possibility for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is: automate as much as you can from your daily billing tasks, especially recurring ones.

Chargebee provided us the possibility to set up the Shop section on our site (we are providers of SaaS). Now customers can pay online with their credit card, recurring payments are automated and always accurate and collecting the money is a breeze. All in all it's a good way for automating billing-related tasks.

Chargebee review by Jamie A.
Jamie A.

"Best B2B Billing Solution"

What do you like best?

With features like Consolidated Invoicing and multiple integrations for payment gateways, migrating to ChargeBee was one of the best business solutions we've made

What do you dislike?

I've had to contact support a couple of times regarding API issues but this has been my only negative experience and the issues were resolved quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are building a B2B Platform and don't want to reinvent the wheel by building a bespoke system, ChargeBee is it. Everything we have needed todo has been attainable.

As mentioned previously, one of our biggest reasons moving to ChargeBee was the ability todo Consolidated Invoicing on behalf of our customers.

Chargebee review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Great product and support"

What do you like best?

Chargebee saves a lot of headaches. Before we implemented them, we were using paypal payments pro to manage all our subscriptions. We had to write a lot of code to make it work! Switching to chargebee allowed us to remove this code and let them handle it.

In addition to streamlining our subscription process, their reports have been great. Previously we had to create a spreadsheet every month to figure out our numbers. They do this for us now!

And lastly, their support has been great. Very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Although I like their reports, they still could be improved. It would be great if they could implement something closer to chartmogul which analyzes MRR amongst other KPIs. But maybe that's why chartmogul exists which integrates nicely with chargebee.

Hours of time committing to development and support have been saved by switching to chargebee.

Chargebee review by Alexander T.
Alexander T.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

With a growing subscription base and multiple product offerings, Chargebee saves us a ton of time managing these subscriptions. Pro-ration, automatic renewals, payment reminders, automatic cancellations – it's all there. You can just set up your subscription system correctly and forget about it. And I'm sure we're not using all of the features.

What do you dislike?

Consolidated invoicing is a bit clunky – does consolidation on a monthly basis only, even for annual plans, which is not what we want.

Dealing with resellers is hard because they need to get a quote prior to every renewal and that's not supported.

Recurring subscription management

Chargebee review by Jerrod M.
Jerrod M.

"Integration of the billing system"

What do you like best?

Chargebee simplifies hosting customer portal pages and checking. Limited need for knowledge of the API and customization. A very simple and intuitive tools, Plug and play, to quickly get up and running.

I like that test site fully reflects the main site. That makes it easy to try things staged before running live."

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more opportunities to integrate Chargebee with e-mail software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. I think it's fabulous! Personally we haven't pursued it yet, because we are not at that level. But will implement it in the future.

Chargebee manages the entire lifecycle of our customers from purchasing through update. Light, easy upgrade process PO and optionally quick and easy return AVG

Chargebee review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"Excellent subscription billing software"

What do you like best?

It is great that it handles direct debit. It has better handling of refunds compared to a previous solution we were using and the credits and partial payments are superb.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to see better coupon handling, especially for fixed coupons. However there is a promotional credit solution which allowed us to do what we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we switched to Chargebee we found many benefits along the way and they have extremely good support and API documentation.

The ability of handling direct debit payments and having a better refund solution. Chargebee handles pro rata superbly.

Chargebee review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"100% reliable, extremely efficient"

What do you like best?

The main reason we came to Chargebee was because all the logic they implement over the gateway of your choice. This gives you the flexibility very few provide.

Aside from that, their constant improvement to their UI, great filters and flextibility for reports, incredibly well implemented logic for any kind of purchases like subscription, coupons, addons. Awesome API, extremely well documented and quick responses. Webhooks never fail to arrive and don't have inconsistency.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support is not very efficient, but still, all the features and backend they provide is quite awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the entire documentation. It's very well written, and it'll help a lot when writing down the code for integration. It's worth it; a lot of implementation time will be saved since Chargebee does everything for you.

Chatbot lead generation subscriptions.

Chargebee review by Stefanie J.
Stefanie J.

"Easy and fast reporting and analytics/Great support"

What do you like best?

Chargebee easily allows me to review reports (i..e. new subscriptions, overdue invoices) and have complete visibility into our inbound payments. Also, the Revenue Story feature is amazing - we can segment by department (Customer Success, Sales, Executive Level) and see the in-depth metrics that are valuable to specific departments.

What do you dislike?

I wish the email support was a bit quicker to respond (sometimes it can take a couple of days) but when they do, they are very thorough

Monthly payments/invoices, email automation for subscription events to our clients, monthly accounting metrics (i..e. MRR, Churn MRR, refunds, etc.)

Chargebee review by Brennen B.
Brennen B.

"Automating Finances, One Subscription at a Time"

What do you like best?

We use Stripe for payment processing, and it has a solid system for subscriptions. That's why I questioned whether or not Chargebee would be a good way to spend over $1000/year on providing the same service as Stripe.

Little did I know that you could manage subscriptions much more efficiently if you don't use the gateway directly. Features like auto capture for transactions and saving customer data are priceless to our workflow, not to mention the hundreds of integrations we get with Zapier.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to have a better experience with is the integrations with Quickbooks, but this is not exactly something that Chargebee can solve - that's probably something limited by QB's API.

Increased efficiency, data storage.

Chargebee review by Luke D.
Luke D.

"Powerful and Efficient"

What do you like best?

Chargbee is a well-built platform that is designed from the ground up with developers in mind. They have managed to create a platform that is both easy to use and powerfully customizable.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more metrics and report graphs. I'd love to see a more customizable dashboard that allows you to choose custom date ranges and metrics.

Chargebee allows us to handle both recurring subscriptions and one-time payments with our customers. They are the bridge between our product and our Stripe account.

Chargebee review by User

"Simplification at its finest"

What do you like best?

We are very happy that billing and collection has turned into such an easy thing to do. We used to take a lot of time calculating, billing and collecting from every customer, now with Chargebee things get done in an easier and faster way.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it's quite confusing to understand how it works, with time you understand how it works, however, sometimes we don't have the time to get to investigate how everything works. There are still some minor bugs that need attention too. My guess is that as it's happening now, they will improve and eliminate these minor problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, once you try it you will discover that it's a wonderful tool!

It has simplified our billing and collecting process, allowing us to invest that time on other important matters, instead of having 2 to 3 people doing this job now I can do it on my own saving time and resources.

Chargebee review by Will L.
Will L.

"Fast, secure payment system"

What do you like best?

Love the security of the platform and the automated emails for invoice and payment requests

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could create default option selections so that, for example, we wouldn''t need to remember when to have auto-collection on and when to have it off. As it is, we need to have a list of steps and options selections at hand when creating new customers, subscriptions, and invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage you to use Chargebee.

Effective way to process payments online.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful and Simple, but also Atrociously Ugly for some minor details"

What do you like best?

The API is pretty good, easy to use and the doc is tremendously good. Managing clients and their subscription is a breeze.

The whole system is pretty robust and generally we're very satisfied with the whole integration we made with our systems.

What do you dislike?

Pro-rata for credits are calculated to the nano second which means it's incomprehensible for a normal human being. It also brings its lots of problems, especially since credit cards don't accept charges below 0.50$ and the nano second pro-rata can really screw you when someone changes its plan just after signing up...

Managing active coupons is pretty ugly, it's been improving, but it's far from being efficient.

Grandfathering is completely reversed, you're shackled into a bloated system that duplicate data over and over and over whenever you want to increase the price of a package...

The API is sometimes lacking for some operations. The company started as a website to help you manage your clients and their subscriptions so the automation process isn't always on par with what the website allows you to do. Very frustrating when it's something so simple to do online, but the API doesn't support it...

Support is sometimes a bit disconnected from their customers needs. While they are extremely nice and polite people, there were few occasions where I had to literally write an essay to explain them why my bug is happening and how they could solve the problem easily. Most of the time, their "fix" didn't work the first time around and some bugs took up to 3 months to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think most of the kinks have been ironed out for the API side. When I started integrating their API into our systems, they were still only in their 1st year offering the API so many things were missing or outright wrong. There are still some quirks, but overall its a great system and would recommend it.

Billing automation

Chargebee review by Boris P.
Boris P.

"Great tool to handle subscriptions and EU VAT"

What do you like best?

Chargebee takes all the pain out of EU VAT handling in addition to being a perfect subscription management tool

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of their onboarding service. They will walk you through all the steps needed to set up your account and configure your subscriptions.

Chargebee helps us at riddle.com to handle our global subscriptions. It offers all the payment methods needed plus automated EU VAT handling.

Chargebee review by Cherlyn C.
Cherlyn C.

"Truly Excellent Invoicing and Billing Software"

What do you like best?

I LOVE their customer service. Just absolute love. They are very detailed and pay so much attention. Also, your first $50k is on them! INSANE and SUCH a great gesture for very small business owners starting out just like me.

Honestly, we really need all that help, a whole bunch of us struggle to make decent money to pay the bills for many months. I'll always recommend Chargebee like crazy.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything, but if I were to be nitpicky, it really is as they say it is, a billing system for SaaS. And that means that if you're not a developer or not familiar with code, you're going to take quite some time sorting through everything since it can get super customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you ever need any help, contact Customer Support. They are truly attentive to your needs.

I solved my billing and auto recharging problem. Also, my invoices look so great, very professional.

Chargebee review by Max S.
Max S.

"Great SaaS billing for IT startup"

What do you like best?

Chargebee offers nearly everything an IT startup (SaaS, with subscription model) may need to do billing and processing.

Easy integration (API, Zapier), easy setup, intuitive interface, multiple options for billing setup - all of that makes Chargebee a great option for SaaS companies like Geenio.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major that I could recall. Maybe, one improvement that I could advise - when one goes into editing Subscription or Customer, the only quick way to return back to view that subscription or customer is to either scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Cancel or to use browser button "Back". I'd love something like breadcrumbs on top of that screen to quickly jump back to View screen.

Chargebee allows us to do all the billing and processing setup, integrating nicely with our product on one end and our bank account on the other end. Basically, it enabled online sales for our business with least efforts and costs associated.

Chargebee review by Julien A.
Julien A.

"Very good billing platform"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is :

- The app is free for your first 50k$, and this is a HUGE help when you are just starting a SAAS. To my knowledge, this is the only app of this kind that offers it.

- The app is highly customizable and has a lot of features. I managed to plug the it on our SAAS and customize it precisely to my needs. Chargebee is now managing my subscriptions, invoices, etc.

- The support is really reactive and skillfull. Every time I asked a question, I received a right answer in the hour. I'm even impressed by the quality of the support.

What do you dislike?

I managed to do everything I wanted with Chargebee, but I'm a web developper. So maybe it will be a little bit complicated for someone who isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a web developper to help you integrate your product with Chargebee.

Chargebee manages all the billing, subscriptions, users, invoices, etc. of our SAAS application.

Chargebee review by Jürgen F.
Jürgen F.

"Easy to implement and to customize subscription management"

What do you like best?

the excellent documentation

very good guidance during setup

easy handling of subscriptions

easy connection with our payment gateway

What do you dislike?

at the beginning, German language was not fully support

customization of email templates is complicated (new version looks better, but transition will be done later)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee provides a very detailed and structured documentation, explaining everything. Read through the documentation.

Take extensive use of the Test environment. This is where you can't mess things up and test all your use cases.

Chargebee offers a very good rate for startups. "The first 50k are on us". The best offer - use it!

Subscription Management - no need to implement this in our stack

Credit card handling - no need for PCI compliance

Invoicing

Learn more about Chargebee

Chargebee Videos

Learning about Chargebee?

* We monitor all Chargebee reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8