Chargebee

Chargebee - Affordable Subscription Billing & Recurring Billing Solution for online web apps. SAAS based billing model. Integrated with all leading Payment Gateways for online payment.

Work for Chargebee?
Recurly learnmore  2x

Learning about Chargebee?

Chargebee Reviews

Ask Chargebee a Question
Showing 93 Chargebee reviews
Chargebee review by <span>Britany K.</span>
Britany K.

May your payments save your time.

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can easily configure and control renewals, proration. The better integration of the other payment processors. much faster to use online, offline and of course allow payments in any form they come. I can simplify accounting with pure and exact records.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any bad problems with this software. I haven't seen any errors in the payments system. Now I can say that is the great way to increase our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will choose that platform you will have the most wonderful payment system. This software will keep you informed with a daily report you with your main SaaS metrics, you’ll never miss important matters. The product which is really easy to install and use. I recommend it to you.

With this software, we can focus on increasing our business. This platform can balance with definition, protection, and compliance with the simpleness of access. With all of this, we can allow we never have invoice worries again. We like to work on this platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chargebee
Chargebee review by <span>James A.</span>
James A.

A long starting process but end is now in sight!

What do you like best?

Chargebee is well designed, very straight forward and easy to find what you need quickly. The best feature by far is the wayback machine (and the cool DeLorean cartoon), it allows you to start at a previous date and work forward as though your subscriptions age naturally.

What do you dislike?

While they do seem to roll out new features on the road map, they are missing some extremely key things that would be simple to implement (if you ask they give you the "Great idea, we will look into it later"). One of the BIGGEST dislikes was that when you use the wayback tool you are then unable to use & test the user billing portal which is a key part of the solution! This is all because the portal requires sessions that expire and no one thought that they should allow consideration if the site is in test mode and running the wayback tool. It just seems odd that key bugs like this are just not fixed overnight!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very generous startup plan which is a plus for new businesses, but watch out for some features you would expect included as they are only in the top plan!

I am using Chargebee simply because the project I am working on is already of a large scale that building an entire billing system as well would push back the go-live too far. So it has helped with our schedule of release. Benefits wise it has actually given some great insights into the way a dedicated billing tool is made up and what features work and what doesn't - we will eventually replace with our own billing platform so this will benefit us in knowing the key features we need from the start.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Chargebee review by <span>Sjoerd H.</span>
Sjoerd H.

Easy to set up solution with great support

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and to handle, does pretty much all it needs to do. The support ream is really great and helpful, there are very regular updates and a great transparency on what is coming and I actually enjoy their newsletter & blog.

Also, their integrations are on point, and it is really easy to add API keys and webhooks to additional services.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. The interface could be upgraded a bit. There might be some integrations I would like to see happening, but nothing urgent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means, compare the different services out there, but definitely give this little bit smaller player a chance. They won't dissapoint.

For a company in need of a solution to handle recurring revenue, this is a great solution. Even the checkout pages are hosted, so really can be done without too much technical knowledge.

Chargebee review by <span>jeffrey s.</span>
jeffrey s.

still some features to add but, a solid company & foundation for commerce

What do you like best?

the service is very easy to set up and get running very quickly. I also appreciate the company spirit and their responsiveness to customer feedback. They are a company willing to learn.

What do you dislike?

(note: they are making innovations all the time and adding new features) - my biggest complaint would be the inability to really adjust the checkout process. For example, add check boxes for item options, or one-click up-sells, etc (without coding).

Recommendations to others considering the product

in it's current state at the time of writing this revue, chargebee is perfect for very simple subscriptions. Choose an item, enter info and done. Adding checkout options, add-on items and variable products takes a bit more work. but they are working on it!

i'm now able to collect recurring revenue!!! Despite and complaint, the bottom line is that Chargebee has provided the ability to collect recurring payments and now i have PREDICTABLE income.

Chargebee review by <span>Eugene D.</span>
Eugene D.

Like to be around with Chargebee

What do you like best?

Clever retry logic to restore lost income or calculate it. Now we send to customers beautiful and clear invoices and they really like that. Anything that I need is near me, all financial tools and reports. That is the point which I like it so much.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to complain about it. Everything is fine. No meaning to change something. Very good software and works really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice software and so simple, easy to use and allows to configure every single unit of the payment process. Actually, it's better to use it to help you with your business. Just try it yourself.

Chargebee allows to run pricing experiments and you will know what you do right or wrong with the pricing model. Now not just the developers can manage subscriptions first-hand. Our company using this solution about 1 year and happy with it.

Chargebee review by <span>Brenton J.</span>
Brenton J.

Solid Performer with great support

What do you like best?

The best part about chargebee is the support and how rock solid the billing is. Its easy to use and suits my business well. We bill IT services and manage all our customers billing in house. We don't let the customer manage their own billing at all so can't speak to that.help documentation is very good.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks sync is on the top plan which is annoying (EDIT: to be clear, I meant the middle plan. (not enterprise) this is the $299 plan as of this review), but other than that its good. Some features can only be enabled with a support ticket but im sure they will fix that. Changes to a % instead of a per invoice model is annoying (Edit: I will be able to stay on my old grandfathered plan though) but the transition was communicated well. Customers get annoyed with all the emails, but these can be managed with a bit of config.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does what it says on the box. User portal seems to be good too, customers don't have too much issues adding their own credit card.

Being able to bill every customer with credit cards monthly is a great time and cashflow thing. I couldn't make any money unless I automated these functions. Some products like Office 365 are extremely low margin so having a solid billing platform is excellent.

Learning about Chargebee?

* We monitor all Chargebee reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.