Chargebee

Chargebee

4.8

Chargebee - Affordable Subscription Billing & Recurring Billing Solution for online web apps. SAAS based billing model. Integrated with all leading Payment Gateways for online payment.

Work for Chargebee?

Learning about Chargebee?

Chargebee Reviews

Ask Chargebee a Question
Showing 143 Chargebee reviews
Chargebee review by James R.
James R.

"Set it and forget it....No Worries."

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of using Chargebee. I connected it to my Stripe account with ease and was able to set up the payment pages and thank you pages very easily without looking at any documentation or instructions. I think they designed it to be intuitive and simple to set up...it's great. I also like that I'm getting to use the product for a while before having to commit to a paid plan.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there's anything I "dislike" but I will say that I won't complain if they create a Chargebee App so I can easily see my account on my phone. I'm using my web browser for now and the screens are fairly mobile responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a no obligation trial period so I would recommend you give Chargebee a try. It's easy to set up and it simply works. You've got nothing to lose.

I was looking for a way to collect credit card information from my clients which could be used for monthly recurring billing on autopilot. Chargebee is the solution I found which collected my client's credit card info only one time upon initiating service, and then stored that info securely to use it for future monthly billing. It makes my job very easy, I collect the credit card info one time and then I just get paid every month for servicing my clients. It's never failed me and I trust that it will keep working.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chargebee
Chargebee review by Juerg M.
Juerg M.

"The only solution who helps to get started"

What do you like best?

The most I like is the fact, that I was able to start my own business without investing a lot of money every month. Chargebee's great price model helps me to start small and grow the business until I reach a certain revenue level before I have to pay any monthly fees.

The fact if once it's set, it is so easy to add new customer, subscriptions and more, and it does take care of all the interactions with your customers, so it won't be forgotten.

The dashboard gives me a quick and easy overview about all my payment processings, and if there's something I have to give em a closer look, I just click on it and it will show me all the details.

What do you dislike?

When I have a new customer with no payment method added yet, I'm not able to add a new subscription with "Auto Collection" = on, so as soon as the customer added his payment info, the payment process is running. I always have to change it manually after the payment info was added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out, once it's set it's easy to use and doesn't need a lot of your valuable time.

I don't have to make my own customer front-end and I'm able to configure the Checkout & Service Portal very flexible, what I allow and not allow customers to do.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Chargebee review by John P.
John P.

"Great way to manage subscription customers"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set up, and you can start without coding anything, using their hosted pages. This let us experiment without costing the business anything initially.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most intuitive system to set up, because you're trying to manage something that's intrinsically fairly complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a reliable solution with a generous free trial. If you're looking for a way to manage your subscriptions without needing to write code (initially, at least) then Chargebee is well worth a look.

We had an initial business model that was purely usage-based (B2B software platform) but moved to a subscription and I wanted something to help manage this. Chargebee also handles Stripe payments for us without our having to build our own payment system. It's given us reliable monthly revenue over a long period and is really easy to set up and manage once you've understood how it works.

Chargebee review by Dan K.
Dan K.

"Very efficient and powerful solution for recurring billing"

What do you like best?

Chargebee covers almost everything we need to establish reliable recurring billing system. The process of integration with our own back office was quite straightforward thanks to a very good API documentation. They have responsive support, willing to find solutions and even offering some non-standard ones.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see integration with more payment gateways, the ability to issue invoices on behalf of multiple entities, better support for multiple languages in PDF invoices, better sync with QuickBooks when accepting payments in multiple currencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good solution, highly recommended.

We were able to replace our self-made billing with a robust system. Chargebee allowed us to cut significant time on development, and at the same time offer a full-blown recurring billing solution to our customers, with flexible billing plans, proper invoices, integration with payment gateways out of the box and so much more.

Chargebee review by Vatsal T.
Vatsal T.

"Chargebee has made our ability to manage client subscriptions and payments quick and easy."

What do you like best?

We use multiple sources for our payment & Chargebee makes it easy to manage all of this as a unified solution. The interface is really intuitive and provides meaningful dashboards. Quick turnaround times in support. Earlier we used another product, but we moved to Chargebee because of their excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are a few places that improvements could be made; the UI/UX could be upgraded a bit to be more user friendly for those just starting out with the tool, app cues should be helpful too.

The Salesforce integration is rudimentary and could be improved upto a large extent.

More integrations released at regular intervals while the current ones are being optimised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it as you can accept payments from various sources like card/ACH/SEPA Direct Debit and accept recurring payments apart from the other additional features.

It removes the pain out of subscription billing. We are able to collect recurring payments from multiple different source with auto-collection on card as well as direct debit. Pricing experiments that help with analysis and come to conclusive rates.

Chargebee review by Charley M.
Charley M.

"Details are critical and ChargeBee gets them right"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee nails the details. Product loves it, developers love it, and most importantly: our customers seem to love it! Good documentation, great UX/UI, fantastic support, easy to manage and set up.

What do you dislike?

JSON did not carry over when we ported from Test to Live, meaning there was a lot of copying and pasting of JSON back into Plans. Other than that, ChargeBee has been a pleasure to work with -- which is a huge compliment considering the market their product deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChargeBee will give you confidence that you can set up and manage a large, complex SaaS software sales and entitlement system.

ChargeBee is really flexible and configurable. We stood up the first SaaS sales system at TouchCast with relative ease. ChargeBee, with the Stripe and SalesForce integrations, means we can make CB our turnkey, master system with supplying entitlements to the client applications while noting all sales records to SalesForce.

Chargebee review by Mohammed S.
Mohammed S.

"There's no other solution"

What do you like best?

I run a bicycle electrification service and Chargebee allows me to concentrate on making customers happy instead of following up on payments. Despite trying other solutions, Chargebee is hands down the best. Their generous free allowance gives my company the breathing space to perfect our service. I recommend Chargebee to all my fellow founders.

What do you dislike?

There's an initial deposit that I require from customers. After the bicycle is converted the membership is considered as 'started'. At the moment there is no simple way through the UI to achieve this type of payment setup, however, I managed to get it done using the webhook/chargbee node SDK + firebase functions.

The best traction is $$$ so instead of building out a fancy website I set up chargebee and went out to look for customers.

Chargebee review by James A.
James A.

"A long starting process but end is now in sight!"

What do you like best?

Chargebee is well designed, very straight forward and easy to find what you need quickly. The best feature by far is the wayback machine (and the cool DeLorean cartoon), it allows you to start at a previous date and work forward as though your subscriptions age naturally.

What do you dislike?

While they do seem to roll out new features on the road map, they are missing some extremely key things that would be simple to implement (if you ask they give you the "Great idea, we will look into it later"). One of the BIGGEST dislikes was that when you use the wayback tool you are then unable to use & test the user billing portal which is a key part of the solution! This is all because the portal requires sessions that expire and no one thought that they should allow consideration if the site is in test mode and running the wayback tool. It just seems odd that key bugs like this are just not fixed overnight!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very generous startup plan which is a plus for new businesses, but watch out for some features you would expect included as they are only in the top plan!

I am using Chargebee simply because the project I am working on is already of a large scale that building an entire billing system as well would push back the go-live too far. So it has helped with our schedule of release. Benefits wise it has actually given some great insights into the way a dedicated billing tool is made up and what features work and what doesn't - we will eventually replace with our own billing platform so this will benefit us in knowing the key features we need from the start.

Chargebee review by Britany K.
Britany K.

"May your payments save your time."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can easily configure and control renewals, proration. The better integration of the other payment processors. much faster to use online, offline and of course allow payments in any form they come. I can simplify accounting with pure and exact records.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any bad problems with this software. I haven't seen any errors in the payments system. Now I can say that is the great way to increase our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will choose that platform you will have the most wonderful payment system. This software will keep you informed with a daily report you with your main SaaS metrics, you’ll never miss important matters. The product which is really easy to install and use. I recommend it to you.

With this software, we can focus on increasing our business. This platform can balance with definition, protection, and compliance with the simpleness of access. With all of this, we can allow we never have invoice worries again. We like to work on this platform.

Chargebee review by Sjoerd H.
Sjoerd H.

"Easy to set up solution with great support"

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and to handle, does pretty much all it needs to do. The support ream is really great and helpful, there are very regular updates and a great transparency on what is coming and I actually enjoy their newsletter & blog.

Also, their integrations are on point, and it is really easy to add API keys and webhooks to additional services.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. The interface could be upgraded a bit. There might be some integrations I would like to see happening, but nothing urgent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means, compare the different services out there, but definitely give this little bit smaller player a chance. They won't dissapoint.

For a company in need of a solution to handle recurring revenue, this is a great solution. Even the checkout pages are hosted, so really can be done without too much technical knowledge.

Chargebee review by jeffrey s.
jeffrey s.

"still some features to add but, a solid company & foundation for commerce"

What do you like best?

the service is very easy to set up and get running very quickly. I also appreciate the company spirit and their responsiveness to customer feedback. They are a company willing to learn.

What do you dislike?

(note: they are making innovations all the time and adding new features) - my biggest complaint would be the inability to really adjust the checkout process. For example, add check boxes for item options, or one-click up-sells, etc (without coding).

Recommendations to others considering the product

in it's current state at the time of writing this revue, chargebee is perfect for very simple subscriptions. Choose an item, enter info and done. Adding checkout options, add-on items and variable products takes a bit more work. but they are working on it!

i'm now able to collect recurring revenue!!! Despite and complaint, the bottom line is that Chargebee has provided the ability to collect recurring payments and now i have PREDICTABLE income.

Chargebee review by jake m.
jake m.

"Chargebee is easy + efficient"

What do you like best?

Chargebee's layout is easy to use and navigate. The important information (i.e. type of subscription, frequency of payment, payment history) is all available right up front. Non-important information is hidden and you can access it with clicks.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that I can't see easily who is in a trial vs. who is actually a paying customer. Also, sometimes when I need to extend a trial for someone I cannot get the window to appear. Little things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee connects with Hubspot and other CRM platforms.. take advantage of that!

We can manage a subscription based platform easily with Chargebee! We don't use it for one time payments that often but I'm sure it's easy to use.

Chargebee review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Like to be around with Chargebee"

What do you like best?

Clever retry logic to restore lost income or calculate it. Now we send to customers beautiful and clear invoices and they really like that. Anything that I need is near me, all financial tools and reports. That is the point which I like it so much.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to complain about it. Everything is fine. No meaning to change something. Very good software and works really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice software and so simple, easy to use and allows to configure every single unit of the payment process. Actually, it's better to use it to help you with your business. Just try it yourself.

Chargebee allows to run pricing experiments and you will know what you do right or wrong with the pricing model. Now not just the developers can manage subscriptions first-hand. Our company using this solution about 1 year and happy with it.

Chargebee review by Brenton J.
Brenton J.

"Solid Performer with great support"

What do you like best?

The best part about chargebee is the support and how rock solid the billing is. Its easy to use and suits my business well. We bill IT services and manage all our customers billing in house. We don't let the customer manage their own billing at all so can't speak to that.help documentation is very good.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks sync is on the top plan which is annoying (EDIT: to be clear, I meant the middle plan. (not enterprise) this is the $299 plan as of this review), but other than that its good. Some features can only be enabled with a support ticket but im sure they will fix that. Changes to a % instead of a per invoice model is annoying (Edit: I will be able to stay on my old grandfathered plan though) but the transition was communicated well. Customers get annoyed with all the emails, but these can be managed with a bit of config.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does what it says on the box. User portal seems to be good too, customers don't have too much issues adding their own credit card.

Being able to bill every customer with credit cards monthly is a great time and cashflow thing. I couldn't make any money unless I automated these functions. Some products like Office 365 are extremely low margin so having a solid billing platform is excellent.

Chargebee review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"A smart choice for any SaaS business"

What do you like best?

I have found CB to be a big time saver, it's very intuitive and wherever you are on the platform, customer payment details, product catalog, a specific invoice, everything you'd need to see is either right there or an obvious click away.

Looking at the historical payments data is simplified into a single view, and editing products and plans can be done in seconds, and updated across the entire customer base.

What do you dislike?

It can be unclear sometimes whether VAT or taxes will be applied to the custom amounts you enter for one off charges. I have found that I've entered amounts only for taxes to be applied, when it wasn't clear that it was applicable to that customer. Prompts in the platform, or a clearer summary view would help this.

ChargeBee has allowed us to segment our business into two parts, and fully automate the lower end. The CSMs time can now be focused on enterprise clients, and all payments, dunning, late payment messaging is all handled through CB

Chargebee review by Kate F.
Kate F.

"Actually easy to use"

What do you like best?

Super simple ux/ui, intuitive platform that I actually like using, if you are considering using this platform at least start a trial and see how easit it is to use. The dashboard and monthly reports are always super helpful.

Easy to use between teams - finance, developers and sales.

I always have chargebee open on my computer as it is something that I can simply check and be updated on where we at this day, week, month - without having to dive super deep into accounts and self caluculate.

From the support we have recieved, we are happy with the product - only issue is the slight changes in catered enterprise plans as mentioned below (otherwise AMAZING service).

What do you dislike?

Some of the structures around creating catered enterprise plans are hard to work.

Really really minor, when you are copying an invoice date, it atomatically clicks though, it really doest even count as an issue, just a minor thing for my usecase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every person I have recommended Chargebee to has ended up signing up and loving the product!

Subscription payments (SaaS platform)

Chargebee review by Richard G. H.
Richard G. H.

"ChargeBee and its team have proven themselves in multiple scenarios"

What do you like best?

As a chief software architect for two decades, I analyse and integrate many solutions and, since about 2012, many SaaS solutions. In 2014 I chose ChargeBee and have used ChargeBee in multiple organizations and industries -- and have never looked back. It just works, and if there is tricky situation at hand, they are itching for the opportunity to solve it, whatever it is. I am truly thankful for ChargeBee...

What do you dislike?

I'm often wishing that it would be easier to integrate ChargeBee with one of the major Identity Management systems such as Azure AAD B2C.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their time machine to test, it is really the only way to be sure you have things really right.

In my case, many of my customers are established industries that are moving into SaaS. Integrating with their existing ERP-backend systems is crucial. This is easy with ChargeBee, and on-line SaaS, their core business, is all one could ask for in an international landscape.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"All you need to manage a SaaS startup"

What do you like best?

When I decided to build my startup and I needed to set up subscription management and invoicing I became really terrified by the amount of things I had to implement not excluding managing all the different VAT rates for EU countries. It was a total relief finding Chargebee. They take care of everything! From user registration to payments to invoicing and user self service admin. I could avoid developing my own credit card checkout and use Chargebee ready to use solution. I was up and running so quickly.

What do you dislike?

The export features doesn't enable exporting invoice payment transactions from Stripe. For me it's important to know the amount converted in Euro from the Stripe transaction. It's the only thing I had to implement myself (with a script using Stripe API) for exporting the data to my accountant.

Also, it would be great if it could be connected to the new Italian fiscal digital system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended, it's a complete solution.

It's a ready to use full subscription management solution, there's no need to think about anything and so I can focus on the real features of the app. I was able to get the thing up and running in a few hours with no issues. If I had to do it myself it would have required a lot more time also for maintenance. It's such a critical part of the business that it definitely deserves a dedicated solution.

Chargebee review by Philip W.
Philip W.

"Easy to launch. Easy to scale. What more could you ask for?"

What do you like best?

Reliability. Setting up these systems can take a bit of time when done right. Like Chargebee, the best services are the ones that do not require constant maintenance and troubleshooting when new features or updates are released. Chargebee has never had a glitch. My initial setup still last to today, and as I scale and need more features, it's ready and easy to implement upgrades, new items, new customers, new billing, or newly added technical features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the depth of the customer dashboard. I would like to see an expansion of custom communication and metric features. Fur us, Chargebee is a subscription platform to a physical service (food waste collection program) for our community. It would be great to be able to store personal metrics like waste diversion numbers, invitation to events, and other various communication options to improve customer relationships.

No dedicated staff to handle billing. No technical assistance to build a la carte technical solutions on our own servers/pages. Chargebee makes it possible for a single owner operator to manage both things. Without chargebee, we would not be able to provide our service without hiring additional staff and programmers to facilitate the complexity of service that chargebee allows us to provide with ease.

Chargebee review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"The best recurring payment management platform I've found"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage recurring subscriptions to a very powerful level. Stripe is my favorite payment gateway, but it's focused on the API/developer side, so Chargebee gives it the front end that Stripe doesn't include. The pricing plan is incredible as well, I hope they never change it. You can get started for essentially free, and only when you really start taking advantage of the platform, does it switch to a very small fee that's completely fair.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced branding settings etc could be a little more intuitive. They're not without thought, but sometimes they can seem redundant. But considering the advanced nature of the platform ( the single best I've ever found yet after looking through essentially every option on earth), they handle this plenty smoothly. Like in the onboarding for example.

Only semi-annoyance is that the way that it bills doesn't show up as a subscription in Stripe Dashboard. So you can have live subscriptions in the Chargebee dashboard, but not in the Stripe Dashboard. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because the Chargebee dashboard and reporting is great, but it would be nice to be able to use tools like Get Control to get deeper into Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent for managing customer subscriptions and not only starting or ending them.

We're using it with over 4 businesses running MRR based business models and have pushed 10's of thousands through it, and it hasn't had an issue yet. It allows us to include addons, trials, pause subscriptions, etc. All of those things are hard to do or impossible with other options.

Chargebee review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"practical and efficient billing system"

What do you like best?

- the dashboard

- works flawlessly with Authorize.net

- we managed to integrate it with a Drupal-based webshop

What do you dislike?

We would highly value QuickBooks integration, but at the moment there's no possibility for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is: automate as much as you can from your daily billing tasks, especially recurring ones.

Chargebee provided us the possibility to set up the Shop section on our site (we are providers of SaaS). Now customers can pay online with their credit card, recurring payments are automated and always accurate and collecting the money is a breeze. All in all it's a good way for automating billing-related tasks.

Chargebee review by Jamie A.
Jamie A.

"Best B2B Billing Solution"

What do you like best?

With features like Consolidated Invoicing and multiple integrations for payment gateways, migrating to ChargeBee was one of the best business solutions we've made

What do you dislike?

I've had to contact support a couple of times regarding API issues but this has been my only negative experience and the issues were resolved quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are building a B2B Platform and don't want to reinvent the wheel by building a bespoke system, ChargeBee is it. Everything we have needed todo has been attainable.

As mentioned previously, one of our biggest reasons moving to ChargeBee was the ability todo Consolidated Invoicing on behalf of our customers.

Chargebee review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Great product and support"

What do you like best?

Chargebee saves a lot of headaches. Before we implemented them, we were using paypal payments pro to manage all our subscriptions. We had to write a lot of code to make it work! Switching to chargebee allowed us to remove this code and let them handle it.

In addition to streamlining our subscription process, their reports have been great. Previously we had to create a spreadsheet every month to figure out our numbers. They do this for us now!

And lastly, their support has been great. Very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Although I like their reports, they still could be improved. It would be great if they could implement something closer to chartmogul which analyzes MRR amongst other KPIs. But maybe that's why chartmogul exists which integrates nicely with chargebee.

Hours of time committing to development and support have been saved by switching to chargebee.

Chargebee review by Alexander T.
Alexander T.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

With a growing subscription base and multiple product offerings, Chargebee saves us a ton of time managing these subscriptions. Pro-ration, automatic renewals, payment reminders, automatic cancellations – it's all there. You can just set up your subscription system correctly and forget about it. And I'm sure we're not using all of the features.

What do you dislike?

Consolidated invoicing is a bit clunky – does consolidation on a monthly basis only, even for annual plans, which is not what we want.

Dealing with resellers is hard because they need to get a quote prior to every renewal and that's not supported.

Recurring subscription management

Chargebee review by Jerrod M.
Jerrod M.

"Integration of the billing system"

What do you like best?

Chargebee simplifies hosting customer portal pages and checking. Limited need for knowledge of the API and customization. A very simple and intuitive tools, Plug and play, to quickly get up and running.

I like that test site fully reflects the main site. That makes it easy to try things staged before running live."

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more opportunities to integrate Chargebee with e-mail software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. I think it's fabulous! Personally we haven't pursued it yet, because we are not at that level. But will implement it in the future.

Chargebee manages the entire lifecycle of our customers from purchasing through update. Light, easy upgrade process PO and optionally quick and easy return AVG

Chargebee review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"Excellent subscription billing software"

What do you like best?

It is great that it handles direct debit. It has better handling of refunds compared to a previous solution we were using and the credits and partial payments are superb.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to see better coupon handling, especially for fixed coupons. However there is a promotional credit solution which allowed us to do what we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we switched to Chargebee we found many benefits along the way and they have extremely good support and API documentation.

The ability of handling direct debit payments and having a better refund solution. Chargebee handles pro rata superbly.

Chargebee review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"100% reliable, extremely efficient"

What do you like best?

The main reason we came to Chargebee was because all the logic they implement over the gateway of your choice. This gives you the flexibility very few provide.

Aside from that, their constant improvement to their UI, great filters and flextibility for reports, incredibly well implemented logic for any kind of purchases like subscription, coupons, addons. Awesome API, extremely well documented and quick responses. Webhooks never fail to arrive and don't have inconsistency.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support is not very efficient, but still, all the features and backend they provide is quite awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the entire documentation. It's very well written, and it'll help a lot when writing down the code for integration. It's worth it; a lot of implementation time will be saved since Chargebee does everything for you.

Chatbot lead generation subscriptions.

Chargebee review by Stefanie J.
Stefanie J.

"Easy and fast reporting and analytics/Great support"

What do you like best?

Chargebee easily allows me to review reports (i..e. new subscriptions, overdue invoices) and have complete visibility into our inbound payments. Also, the Revenue Story feature is amazing - we can segment by department (Customer Success, Sales, Executive Level) and see the in-depth metrics that are valuable to specific departments.

What do you dislike?

I wish the email support was a bit quicker to respond (sometimes it can take a couple of days) but when they do, they are very thorough

Monthly payments/invoices, email automation for subscription events to our clients, monthly accounting metrics (i..e. MRR, Churn MRR, refunds, etc.)

Chargebee review by Brennen B.
Brennen B.

"Automating Finances, One Subscription at a Time"

What do you like best?

We use Stripe for payment processing, and it has a solid system for subscriptions. That's why I questioned whether or not Chargebee would be a good way to spend over $1000/year on providing the same service as Stripe.

Little did I know that you could manage subscriptions much more efficiently if you don't use the gateway directly. Features like auto capture for transactions and saving customer data are priceless to our workflow, not to mention the hundreds of integrations we get with Zapier.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would like to have a better experience with is the integrations with Quickbooks, but this is not exactly something that Chargebee can solve - that's probably something limited by QB's API.

Increased efficiency, data storage.

Chargebee review by User

"Simplification at its finest"

What do you like best?

We are very happy that billing and collection has turned into such an easy thing to do. We used to take a lot of time calculating, billing and collecting from every customer, now with Chargebee things get done in an easier and faster way.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it's quite confusing to understand how it works, with time you understand how it works, however, sometimes we don't have the time to get to investigate how everything works. There are still some minor bugs that need attention too. My guess is that as it's happening now, they will improve and eliminate these minor problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, once you try it you will discover that it's a wonderful tool!

It has simplified our billing and collecting process, allowing us to invest that time on other important matters, instead of having 2 to 3 people doing this job now I can do it on my own saving time and resources.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful and Simple, but also Atrociously Ugly for some minor details"

What do you like best?

The API is pretty good, easy to use and the doc is tremendously good. Managing clients and their subscription is a breeze.

The whole system is pretty robust and generally we're very satisfied with the whole integration we made with our systems.

What do you dislike?

Pro-rata for credits are calculated to the nano second which means it's incomprehensible for a normal human being. It also brings its lots of problems, especially since credit cards don't accept charges below 0.50$ and the nano second pro-rata can really screw you when someone changes its plan just after signing up...

Managing active coupons is pretty ugly, it's been improving, but it's far from being efficient.

Grandfathering is completely reversed, you're shackled into a bloated system that duplicate data over and over and over whenever you want to increase the price of a package...

The API is sometimes lacking for some operations. The company started as a website to help you manage your clients and their subscriptions so the automation process isn't always on par with what the website allows you to do. Very frustrating when it's something so simple to do online, but the API doesn't support it...

Support is sometimes a bit disconnected from their customers needs. While they are extremely nice and polite people, there were few occasions where I had to literally write an essay to explain them why my bug is happening and how they could solve the problem easily. Most of the time, their "fix" didn't work the first time around and some bugs took up to 3 months to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think most of the kinks have been ironed out for the API side. When I started integrating their API into our systems, they were still only in their 1st year offering the API so many things were missing or outright wrong. There are still some quirks, but overall its a great system and would recommend it.

Billing automation

Chargebee review by Boris P.
Boris P.

"Great tool to handle subscriptions and EU VAT"

What do you like best?

Chargebee takes all the pain out of EU VAT handling in addition to being a perfect subscription management tool

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of their onboarding service. They will walk you through all the steps needed to set up your account and configure your subscriptions.

Chargebee helps us at riddle.com to handle our global subscriptions. It offers all the payment methods needed plus automated EU VAT handling.

Chargebee review by Cherlyn C.
Cherlyn C.

"Truly Excellent Invoicing and Billing Software"

What do you like best?

I LOVE their customer service. Just absolute love. They are very detailed and pay so much attention. Also, your first $50k is on them! INSANE and SUCH a great gesture for very small business owners starting out just like me.

Honestly, we really need all that help, a whole bunch of us struggle to make decent money to pay the bills for many months. I'll always recommend Chargebee like crazy.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything, but if I were to be nitpicky, it really is as they say it is, a billing system for SaaS. And that means that if you're not a developer or not familiar with code, you're going to take quite some time sorting through everything since it can get super customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you ever need any help, contact Customer Support. They are truly attentive to your needs.

I solved my billing and auto recharging problem. Also, my invoices look so great, very professional.

Chargebee review by Max S.
Max S.

"Great SaaS billing for IT startup"

What do you like best?

Chargebee offers nearly everything an IT startup (SaaS, with subscription model) may need to do billing and processing.

Easy integration (API, Zapier), easy setup, intuitive interface, multiple options for billing setup - all of that makes Chargebee a great option for SaaS companies like Geenio.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major that I could recall. Maybe, one improvement that I could advise - when one goes into editing Subscription or Customer, the only quick way to return back to view that subscription or customer is to either scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Cancel or to use browser button "Back". I'd love something like breadcrumbs on top of that screen to quickly jump back to View screen.

Chargebee allows us to do all the billing and processing setup, integrating nicely with our product on one end and our bank account on the other end. Basically, it enabled online sales for our business with least efforts and costs associated.

Chargebee review by Julien A.
Julien A.

"Very good billing platform"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is :

- The app is free for your first 50k$, and this is a HUGE help when you are just starting a SAAS. To my knowledge, this is the only app of this kind that offers it.

- The app is highly customizable and has a lot of features. I managed to plug the it on our SAAS and customize it precisely to my needs. Chargebee is now managing my subscriptions, invoices, etc.

- The support is really reactive and skillfull. Every time I asked a question, I received a right answer in the hour. I'm even impressed by the quality of the support.

What do you dislike?

I managed to do everything I wanted with Chargebee, but I'm a web developper. So maybe it will be a little bit complicated for someone who isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a web developper to help you integrate your product with Chargebee.

Chargebee manages all the billing, subscriptions, users, invoices, etc. of our SAAS application.

Chargebee review by Jürgen F.
Jürgen F.

"Easy to implement and to customize subscription management"

What do you like best?

the excellent documentation

very good guidance during setup

easy handling of subscriptions

easy connection with our payment gateway

What do you dislike?

at the beginning, German language was not fully support

customization of email templates is complicated (new version looks better, but transition will be done later)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee provides a very detailed and structured documentation, explaining everything. Read through the documentation.

Take extensive use of the Test environment. This is where you can't mess things up and test all your use cases.

Chargebee offers a very good rate for startups. "The first 50k are on us". The best offer - use it!

Subscription Management - no need to implement this in our stack

Credit card handling - no need for PCI compliance

Invoicing

Chargebee review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent except for clunky migration"

What do you like best?

Super easy to manage, can add custom fields, automated, good looking email reminders, integrates with a small snippet of code

What do you dislike?

The migration process was clunky, and I only found out later that there was no support for src_ format of cards in Stripe, because they only support card_ so basically all my clients would have to re-subscribe. I believe they're trying to add support for this now, but it's been a bit of a nightmare to transfer existing subscribers and I've had to spend 5+ hours pulling together and formatting a CSV compatible with their import process (even though originally they said I wouldn't have to do that). Once this migration is over I believe it will be smooth sailing.

Also, the affiliate tracking only works when you downgrade to V2 which is SO annoying - they shouldn't have rolled out v3 without testing it with all their promised integrations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear plan for migration, because that's the biggest pain of all!

It makes managing the subscriptions easy, and the first 50k in revenue is free. It also integrates with our affiliate software which is great, and through Zapier we can automate quite a bit. The best is that when someone new signs up, we've set it up to send us the info in a Slack channel so subscribers can be given access. The process is very streamlined

Chargebee review by Nitpal G.
Nitpal G.

"Quick and easy!"

What do you like best?

- Much easy to manage customer profiles and subscriptions in comparison to other tools.

- You can handle most customer payment related requests yourself without always asking the customer to log in.

What do you dislike?

The new UI has increased the number of clicks for some tasks which is slightly annoying but getting used to it.

A better understanding of Growth and Churn metrics so we could address key accounts needing attention.

Chargebee review by Benjamin Albert C.
Benjamin Albert C.

"Fast and simple to get going, but very powerful"

What do you like best?

It has been really easy to get set up with Chargebee from a dev, sales and support perspective. Ease of use is what makes us happy!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike really. Exporting our dashboard data would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will get you going quickly and you can guarantee good support when you come up against any issues. Particularly like the free entry plan which allows you really get a feel for the product.

With Chargebee we have turned around getting our SaaS tool off the ground in very little time. This has enabled us to start generating revenue from a very early stage.

Chargebee review by Luis Z.
Luis Z.

"Amazing product"

What do you like best?

Simplicity to setup, but still robust and full of functions.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to properly set up a single payment product. It is possible if you create a subscrition that only last one cicle, but the customer still sees your subscription just started, which is weird for products of one time payment.

Not being able to find a subscription system that is trustful and you can relay on. With emails and invoice system for my clients.

Chargebee review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"The right solution if you have a subscription service."

What do you like best?

This has every feature you could want for a subscription management service.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Chargebee I don't love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For subscription management, you need a third party solution. Don't try and build it yourself. Use Chargebee

We have tried several solutions to managing our subscriptions. Chargebee brings coherence, data, and super-easy maintenance to my clients' subscriptions. From automated reminders with meaningful and useful links for customers to self-serve, to the ability to retry failed transactions, all within a few clicks, this has made what used to be a nightmare a wonderful experience.

Chargebee review by Brandon K.
Brandon K.

"Moved from Chargify to Chargbee and are a lot happier"

What do you like best?

I like the user experience and customer support that Chargebee has to offer. They're always adding more features and services without raising the price.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like a great user experience, support, with a lot of features, use Chargebee.

I spend less time tracking down money from clients and saves me money.

Chargebee review by Nivas R.
Nivas R.

"Great software. Love the UI. "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is a great software to know about your subscription revenue. Easy to use and has a great UI. Also, love the Revenue Story platform on top which provides a good overall picture.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard cannot be customized and is not connected to other dashboard software.

Tracking revenue, churn, leads and other necessary metrics for a SaaS business.

Chargebee review by User

"Well thought-through product and world-class customer service"

What do you like best?

Their Customer/Subscription/Plan/Invoice paradigm and SDKs are incredibly well thought-through. They have the most thoughtful, responsible customer support team of any comparable company that I've ever seen. I basically never give 10s, but Chargebee has earned it.

What do you dislike?

Any product can be made better. I've had some strange corner cases that I wished were better documented. But, CS delivered for me just about every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through their basics page, especially the Plans/Customers/Subscriptions/etc paradigms. They're well thought through, and I found that selling the terminology throughout the organization helps.

Recurring billing and dunning across several subscription businesses.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

API, documentation, and excellent support. The system is easy to use, and their onboarding and migration process is extremely well done. They make it so you don’t miss a step. Their support responds quickly and is always extremely helpful. There are too many good things to say about Chargebee.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It would be nice if their SAAS metrics were in the base plan, but other than that not many complaints.

Maximizing MRR and unpaid invoicing related to our app, as well as consolidation of our signup process for our application and immediate and recurring billing.

Chargebee review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Implementing a billing system for a service accessed through an app"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to set up and the documentation was really in depth and straight forward. Their support was very proactive and the only time I needed to contact them they were fast and friendly.

Chargebee seems to be one of the most comprehensive for billing and subs, there are addons for other systems but Chargebee is 100% dedicated to just subscriptions and billing so there's a lot of effort put in to it.

What do you dislike?

The support for payment gateways in New Zealand. Would love to be able to use DPS Payment Express. Initially the themeing was a bit awkward but this was changed fairly early on and the new system for themeing is much much better.

The admin interfaces are a little bit clunky but once you get used to it it's pretty easy to navigate. There's a little bit of discovery here but the documentation helps this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you review the payment gateways in depth.

They do have options for everywhere and if you're in the USA you can use everything but if not make sure what you want to use is supported and is supported in a way you are currently using it otherwise your integration time might blow out.

The client needed a robust billing system that was flexible enough to have different plans and plan options and they were a startup with not a lot of money. Chargebee ticked all those boxes and is very reasonably priced.

The development time on this project would have been quite large if we tried to build a similar system.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Most professional SaaS services we used so far"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee is one of the most efficient services we use in today's date.

1. API integrations provides almost everything you can think of.

2. Reports and event logging is user friendly and hardly disappoints you when you look for anything

3. Ready to take feedback and update you in case it is falling with their road map

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. Add-ons not available in terms of %

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for API integrations.. go for it.

Recurring invoices to all our customers in a Preschool & Daycare chain

Chargebee review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Great Functionality and Service"

What do you like best?

We utilize Stripe as our processing solution and Chargebee was able to "sit up on top" with no complications. It also provided the ability for our firm to accept Paypal which has provided for a more diverse set of customers utilizing our solution. This includes a significant amount of international users who were unable to previously access the site. Integration was easy and the customer support provided was excellent. This is huge considering how deficient many players in the space are when it comes to actually servicing the client post integration.

What do you dislike?

There have literally been no issues to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly worth some time investigating as you consider the multitude of options in the space.

Enhanced reporting capabilities. Better access to real time information pertaining to subscription metrics. Great UI. Ability to accept a more diverse set of payment types.

Chargebee review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Chargebee have redefined what support can be... and probably spoiled me forever."

What do you like best?

As a 1 man small business I'm used to not having the power to get much response from customer support. This means many hours digging through forums and other sites for tips on how to solve my problems. This all the changed the first time I emailed Chargebee for support and there were beyond helpful. Now when I have a problem, I skip the banging my head against a wall phase and go direct to emailing Chargebee support. They are always responsive and have no problem walking me through things I don't understand. They often help or fix my issue within a day or two. And when there is something that is a bigger task or build on their end, they explain why they cant get to it right away.

What do you dislike?

There are still some small things that I wish Chargebee service offered but I feel very comfortable waiting for them since they have communicated so well with me about everything else. My main dislike is that they have spoiled me so that I'm now even more disappointed with customer service I receive elsewhere...

Subscription service selling music records direct to consumers. I'm a one-man show so there is a lot I don't know and Chargebee always helps guide me and/or a freelance web developer through the weeds.

Chargebee review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Love it "

What do you like best?

ChargeBee is a wonderful billing platform. We use it for our call answering business Virtual VIP and it works a treat. The team at ChargeBee have also helped us customise the set up so it completely meets our needs. It saves hours of admin per month and is a breeze to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. ChargeBee fully meets our needs

Automated billing and payment collection

Invoicing

Flexibility to apply promotions where needed

Customisable emails throughout set up process

Chargebee review by Ankitha B.
Ankitha B.

"One of the best billing software..!!! Loved it...!!"

What do you like best?

1. Email system.

2. Easy to use.

3. GUI interface.

4. Revenue Story

5. Simple system for newly adding agents or clients

What do you dislike?

1. No option to consolidate the invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use

Simple and powerful system

Recurring emailing and invoicing

Recurring invoicing for the client.

Chargebee review by Benjamin J.
Benjamin J.

"Great software, great customer support, very competitive prices"

What do you like best?

Interface, Dashboards, payment method update for customers, sign up for new customers

What do you dislike?

QBs integration and lack of customization for the wording of the invoice description (subscription, plan and addon)

Cc payment, cc update, Onboarding of new customer, collection, crunching data for MRR, churn, payment etc.

Chargebee review by George P.
George P.

"It works, flawlessly"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of its setup and their awesome support

What do you dislike?

There are some rough edges in some configuration options

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting now and want to use Chargbee with Stripe, then go for it,

We built a billing system from scratch in a few hours. WE connected Stripe on Chargbee and we have never seen an issue.

Chargebee review by Christoph F.
Christoph F.

"Simple and awesome"

What do you like best?

The setup is really easy, the API is good documented and they answer every question really fast

What do you dislike?

It feels like some features are missing, but this is mostly because we got a quite specific business model

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution, a good API and awesome support - choose chargebee!

Subscription Management, billing automation, web interface for the sales team. As well they offer these "hosted pages" which lets you boost your rapid prototyping pace for sure

Chargebee review by Raj G.
Raj G.

"Fantastic product, with "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is a great product for SaaS tools to make it easier for them to charge customers. It integrates well in both payment and enterprise (pay separately) option.

What do you dislike?

There are certain cases which the coupons can't handle e.g. one time use etc.. Although, I don't hold it against them! :-)

Building a SaaS platform for marketing, targeting small businesses. The biggest benefit is that we don't require reinventing the wheel.. Loads of subscription features are pre-built in chargebee, which is awesome!

Chargebee review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Great great service"

What do you like best?

Platform is totally rock solid, we've never had a problem in 5 years. Completely dependable.

What do you dislike?

Not much I can think of! Its pretty expensive but its totally worth it for our business.

Recurring subscription service payments. Additional one off payments.

Chargebee review by Tejas P.
Tejas P.

"Using Chargebee to manage your subscription business is super easy! "

What do you like best?

Chargebee is an effective tool when it comes to managing subscriptions & payments for your subscription business. The software is so intuitive, that I have seldom found a need to contact their support. Moreover, the reporting is good too; That makes it easy to pull out reports on a weekly basis and showcase it to the leadership. Thank You for building Chargebee!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing specific that I do not like when I use Chargebee.

Covered in the question - "What do you like best?"

Chargebee review by John H.
John H.

"Instant subscription management"

What do you like best?

Covered many different use cases for subscription management and billing and was up and running in days.

What do you dislike?

I appreciate the API integration through webhooks, but they could be improved greatly.

If you are a startup, building a subscription management system from scratch is an incredible waste of time and capital. This is time taken away from building and improving your product. We were able to get our subscription model and product in place quickly and were charging credit cards by the end of the week.

Chargebee review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Powerful, Simple & Intuitive,"

What do you like best?

The real time charts are a nice touch along with a powerful subscription manager. We are constantly running reports and churning data all through Chargebee. The customer support team is extremely responsive and easy to work with. They also added some great email features and abandon cart capabilities that are great.

What do you dislike?

In general, the short comings I see are quickly addressed by training or through newly released features. But, I would love to see a stronger mobile (iOS) app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

D

Chargebee manages the entire lifecycle of our customers from purchase through renewal. Easy upgrades, easy PO process and when needed fast and easy refunds.

Chargebee review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"We use Chargebee to handle our recurring payments and invoices."

What do you like best?

Chargebee is extremely easy to set up, test, and start using. We were live and taking payments from our customers in no time. Their support is excellent. The product looks great too.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that handles subscription payments, definitely try it out. Get in touch with their team should you have any trouble. They are super helpful.

We started taking recurring payments within a few hours of signing up for a trial. Invoices are automatically generated and sent to the customer on a monthly payment. We use Chargebee on top of Stripe.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

The service works very well. It takes some time to get familiarized with it but it's well worth it. They also have the free account until you reach a certain amount in sales which is great for start ups or launching new service/product.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I like it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices for what you get. Chargebee has it all and more affordable.

coworking space. memberships. Easy sign up and recurring billing for new members.

Chargebee review by Maia P.
Maia P.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to track payments download invoices, change subscriptions and refunds

What do you dislike?

When refunding for the unused time, the customer gets billed based on a monthly subscription. There's no option to do it automatically from chargebee.

Charging our customers

Chargebee review by Zev S.
Zev S.

"Great Service! Full featured and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Chargebee has a lot of great features. They manage to make it easy to use all those features.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is good but could use some updating.

We use Chargebee to autocharge our users every month. This way we don't have to bill them and then chase them down for payments, which takes time and effort and resources.

Chargebee review by Roger W.
Roger W.

"ALWAYS open minded!"

What do you like best?

We are testing for almost a few months. Not a paying member, yet. Although we are fully supported and got every question answered.

What do you dislike?

Chargebee has to focus the mainstream processes first. Nevertheless they are always open for proposals and input. We would like to have a different handling between billing and contract period. If you charge monthly chargebee sees a monthly contract behind. This is always set equal. This should be changed.

We faced to the challange to bring a german insurance product online. With chargebee we are able to manage this (with some workarounds). Hope we will see the

Chargebee review by edgar t.
edgar t.

"Fantastic software and service"

What do you like best?

Chargebee's support is second to none and the platform amazing

What do you dislike?

Not much. Be good to integrate with Churnbuster or develop their own churn programme further

Solved all our recurring billing processes and accountint

Chargebee review by Philip G.
Philip G.

"Chargebee works for our needs and integration was easy"

What do you like best?

The development documentation is grade A. It is clearly automatically generated from templates and the examples are all customized with your development key, plan ids, etc. This means that you can cut and paste the examples and actually have them work. In our office, we use this as an example of the right way to do developer documentation!

What do you dislike?

We have a slightly odd model for charging our customers and it required some trickery to fit it into the Chargebee model (this was in the late spring of 2014). I haven't looked recently to see there is more flexibility now. One of the problems was when a customer wanted to upgrade a subscription, the "estimate" call would return a different price to the "purchase" call. This was because the charge was prorated and the amount has (naturally) decreased by a few cents between the two calls. This gave us problems in the user experience, but we resolved it (by making the upgrade a separate subscription and then handling renewal in a special way).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a bunch of subscription billing providers out there. Our use case is that we sell a small number of high value subscriptions and this makes Chargebee's billing model very friendly for us. Another huge advantage is that their developer documentation was superb. In particular, the examples in the documentation are customized for you (i.e. they have your development key, your plan ids etc). This means that you really can cut and paste the examples and have it work.

We encountered a few issues during our integration (we use python), but the Chargebee python API is hosted on github so that we could make the fixes immediately and then Chargebee merged the changes back into the mainline code.

It is clear that Chargebee is evolving -- there are new features on a fairly continuous basis. However, you should do your evaluation based on what actually exists (and you should run some tests in their development sandbox)

We wanted to add self-service subscriptions to our service, and Chargebee provided all the billing/credit card charging infrastructure. One of our goals was for us not to see credit card data and have somebody else have all the security headaches. We achieved that goal.

Chargebee review by Get C.
Get C.

"Great guys - I wish all start-ups operated like this"

What do you like best?

Chargebee makes the hosting of customer portal/checkout pages very easy to configure. Limited need for API knowledge and customization. Very easy and intuitive plug and play to get up and running quickly.

I like that the test site mirrors the live site completely. It makes it easy to try things out in staging before launching live.

Also, the guys at Chargebee are incredibly responsive and helpful. It makes me think we should expect really great things from the Indian start-up community.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, I have been really happy with my experience with Chargebee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are available for a phone call to help get things configured. This was very helpful to get things just right.

Chargebee allows us to plug subscription and billing into our e-commerce site seamlessly.

Chargebee review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Chargebee is one of our best business decisions"

What do you like best?

The API and documentation is superb. We love that the documentation changes based on the language used, and also snippets are generated. Awesome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Make sure you have a good developer.

We needed to ship physical products from our ecommerce platform based on recurring billing. The built-in system that our ecommerce platform provided was extremely inefficient and hard to reason about. Moving to an in-house system leveraging the Chargebee API was one of best business decisions we have made in the last few years. We are now using Chargebee's V2 API to ensure a smooth feature offering to our customers, along with Azure Service Fabric for high availability.

Chargebee review by Antti V.
Antti V.

"Awesome solution for recurring billing - Easy to set up and very flexible"

What do you like best?

Makes gathering recurring payments automatic, and does that well. It was easy to setup with hosted payment pages (no coding needed) although we plan to integrate deeper with their API soon. We've been using ChargeBee for half a year and they've already surprised us positively multiple times. One example was VAT regulation changes in January 2015 that almost made billing for electronic products in EU a nightmare, but as ChargeBee had the support for new system available from day one, the trouble was minimized and correct VAT percentages used for each country automatically. Also getting the tax numbers to CSV exports happened pretty quickly after asking that from support, which has always been quick, friendly and effective.

What do you dislike?

Not much comes to mind. We are using Stripe as payment gateway and while Stripe has support for recurring billing, ChargeBee doesn't seem to store data there so that also the plans would be in Stripe. I don't even know if that would be technically possible or make any sense, but we considered joining to https://baremetrics.com/open and noted that BareMetrics doesn't work if plan data is not in Stripe. I'd say this is pretty minor, and as ChargeBee offers pretty nice metrics itself, additional metrics tools have not been needed for that sake. But I think this was the only dislike thing that came to my mind a this point. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty quick to see it in action with hosted payment pages before doing any integrations. Also if you have any worries or questions, I'd recommend writing to their support team. The responsiveness of their support was probably one reason for us to pick ChargeBee over other available solutions and I haven't regretted at all. :)

Before ChargeBee we sent invoices manually. That was not very scalable but we thought automatizing that would be a bigger hassle. With ChargeBee it was actually really quick to setup hosted payment pages and just give our users links there. We still haven't done any API integration and half a year now with hosted payment pages as allowed us to grow to customer numbers that we never would have managed with manual billing. Also getting metrics data from ChargeBee beats our custom google spreadsheet metrics easily. :)

Chargebee review by Jorge R.
Jorge R.

"Chargebee"

What do you like best?

We are using it in our website to signup new agents

What do you dislike?

I am very satisfy with the software and their service

Signup form and auto handling recurring monthly charges from our subscribers

Chargebee review by Kenji S.
Kenji S.

"Best customisable recurring business solution. No hiring expensive IT. DIY solution"

What do you like best?

I can change everything about Chargebee, I have checkouts in Korean, Japanese and English with different currencies and we didn't have to hire a developer nor a designer, plus the support team is the best. Send them an email and in less that 12 hours you get a concrete direct solution to your problem. Also I can give the option to my customers to have their subscriptions billed to their credit cards or they can also send cheques. Since chargebee offers offline payment solutions as well. This platform has every possible scenario in the recurrent payments industry.

What do you dislike?

There is actually nothing I dislike about chargebee since they do listen to us and apply that feedback to the product. But if I can send more feedback to the chargebee team will be to have more options in the analytics section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Price and support is great.

Im a small business, our main sales channel is ecommerce and we don't do IT because we want to focus in our product not in the servers or the code, most of the time outsourcing IT is expensive, slow and just a nightmare so we heavily rely in SAAS companies to do our work and it has work out great since each SAAS just focus in one Area. When we have in-house IT the engineers have to focus in so many areas that nothing works properly, so our solution; SAAS. Plus I think engineers are happier working at SAAS companies rather than at healthcare company that no one knows about IT.

Chargebee review by Hugh S.
Hugh S.

"Easy to integrate billing solution – great for new SaaS startups"

What do you like best?

Chargebee has been great for us as we were able to rapidly launch our startup, migrate across payment gateways (depending on the customer's currency – we bill in 4 currencies) and scale and manage our team.

Key features for us

- Uses both Stripe and Pin

- Allows us to bill in multiple currencies (see dislikes though – limits!)

- Good customer support, they turn around any issues pretty quickly

- Pre-formed dunning process for unpaid invoices etc

What do you dislike?

A few things I'd like to see improved (reviewed 21-April-2015):

- A few things can't quite be done by the user, e.g. removing credits without their help

- Some things aren't quite right for our SaaS model, like cancellations and reactivations (as we bill at the start of the month for that month, it gets complex when the customer's account is cancelled for non-payment and they want to re-activate).

- Multiple currencies currently aren't managed through one dashboard – bit annoying from a reporting perspective as we have to add up everything across 4 currencies.

- Would be good to have a bit more flexibility in invoice display/email template – e.g. have a text field that our customers could fill out with whatever they wanted on the invoice (e.g. VAT and address, but not in a structured format).

Subscriptions and billing for our SaaS product.

Chargebee review by Gabriele P.
Gabriele P.

"Simply great"

What do you like best?

i like the way chargebee works automatically ince rhe setup is completed

What do you dislike?

i dislike the fact that he's still not compatible with italian e-invoicing regulation

recurring billing

Chargebee review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best payment solution for SaaS"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive analytics on all kinds of metrics, all in one place. Great and responsive support. Flexibility of creating custom discounted purchase links with one-time codes.

What do you dislike?

The platform has a bit of a learning curve, but other than that - no real flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the mechanics of creating discount codes vs discount code sets, as well as possibility to include a discount into a custom link

Putting the payment processing on autopilot with as much automation as possible.

Chargebee review by Tim D.
Tim D.

"robust subscription management from a great team"

What do you like best?

Support is excellent. More importantly though, the service continues to evolve based on user feedback.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. If I find a missing features, the Chargebee team builds it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It just works and is backed by an outstanding team.

I'm using Chargebee for subscription management of self-service users, including payments, renewals, and maintenance. Low cost efficiency.

Chargebee review by Armel L.
Armel L.

"Solid product, awesome team !"

What do you like best?

Flexibility: Even though i'm in France, i could setup everything so that it looks perfectly for my situation (language, taxes, etc.)

Team : After signing up, i got contacted by a guy called Shawn who took almost 1 hour to help me migrate from test to production smoothly. He never push for the sale and was open to share usefull ideas.

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now. You really have to test to make your opinion. For me, it's a big A !!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive it. it's free and make your own opinion. And i think u wont be waisting your time.

Have a streamlined billing system.

Chargebee review by Evelyn R.
Evelyn R.

"Chargebee experience"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is easy to navigate and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I miss the option to search subscribtions by IG profile name

Financial ones

"Seamless integrations"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of Xero to automate all of the accounting work (invoicing).

What do you dislike?

More versatility and configurations for the customer portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great all round software to help you scale that has an excellent support team to help configure and solve any problems you may have.

Scaling with a rapidly growing customer base, Chargebee has scaled with us, without increasing labour significantly.

Chargebee review by Administrator

"Fully Featured and Supported, Sutable for Any Stage of Business"

What do you like best?

Features are constantly added keeping up with the latest tech. The platform has a great support team always willing to go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

I have never disliked anything about Chargebee. However, sometimes features are released which are aimed at larger business, but this is understandable.

All our recurring billing is automated and requires very little assistance from our billing team.

Chargebee review by Wai Hong F.
Wai Hong F.

"Without Chargebee, there's no way we would be able to scale our business the way we have."

What do you like best?

We love that chargebee takes the pain out of managing our subscription billing and provides a scalable platform for us to grow without worrying about losing control or creating administrative nightmares.

Chargebee also adopts a simple pricing model, and supported us in our early stages with their startup plan which we are grateful for. The team is also quick to respond to our queries and are very supportive of our business.

What do you dislike?

There are certain bugs/issues that we've encountered while using chargebee. Even though we've been dilligent to report them, not everything has been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are evaluating a SaaS billing management platform, Chargebee is a must try. Especially if you're in Asia, chargebee is really the ONLY viable option with it's connectivity to gateways that operate in Asia.

Chargebee helps us to manage both monthly/annual billings, a variety of products/addons and also offline/online payments. They are truly quite unique in the industry for solving all these problems for us.

Chargebee review by Gilles F.
Gilles F.

"Using Chargebee for manage MailClark subscription"

What do you like best?

A powerful and really complete API, well documented.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. When we have issue, the support help us and the product evolved regularly.

We choose Chargebee to manage recurent subscriptions for our Slack bot MailClark at the end of 2016.

In few weeks, we have open the paying version without big effort and with the free plan, we have grow up without have to pay immediatly for that.

Chargebee review by Vladimir D.
Vladimir D.

"Very flexible and reliable subscription system "

What do you like best?

Reports, flexible variants of subscriptions and users portal. Integration with intercom

What do you dislike?

Don’t have mobile app when it inform about new users.

Fast implementation of our ideas

Chargebee review by Gilles F.
Gilles F.

"Great billing platform"

What do you like best?

Multiple subscription systems and a complete API

What do you dislike?

The PHP implementation of the API could be more powerfull

Chargebee help us implement our subscription system for MailClark, a bot on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We have change our pricing a couple of times, and each time Chargebee was helpful.

Chargebee review by Vivek K.
Vivek K.

"The perfect billing management solution for saas"

What do you like best?

We have been using Chargebee for over an year and a half. The product does practically everything from managing subscriptions, billing, invoicing and tracking metrics. Support, available integrations - everything works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth mentioning. They have an excellent team backing a superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a SaaS business, you must give Chargebee a shot. Simple, exhaustive and conclusive.

- Ability to manage subscriptions, customers and plans

- Managing billing clients and tracking customer churn

- Tracking key metrics with revenuestory

Chargebee review by Luc P.
Luc P.

"Awesome app"

What do you like best?

The app is awesome, a lot of features, and a crazy support team !

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike in Chargebee

Payment and invoicing

Chargebee review by Sergiu C.
Sergiu C.

"Good tool which allows you to start getting paid in hours/minutes"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to integrate with our Saas app. The portal made it obsolete to create the billing UI.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. There are some features I need, but they promised to ship them.

No need to have billing inside your app, everything from Stripe integration to invoice issuing and trial end alerts can be found here.

Chargebee review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Its easy to track accounts and it gives all necessary details about the client

What do you dislike?

Nothing much i think it services my purpose. I dont know much about how other tools similar to chrargebee funcitons but as long as it meets my business purpose iam happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

It gives all the details of the client payment to us

Chargebee review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Chargebee Subscription Billing Review"

What do you like best?

The software UI is well designed and intuitive to use. It is feature rich, they seem to have thought of everything. Chargebee team is very receptive to feedback and new features are regularly introduced. They support a big number of programming languages and the documentation is superb. We trialled all the leading subscription billing platforms and this was the best.

What do you dislike?

Very little, video tutorials could be better

Billing for our SaaS product

Chargebee review by Julian B.
Julian B.

"Very Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

The professional aspect added from using Chargebee.

What do you dislike?

I think it only allows subscriptions instead of 1 time buys - somewhat confusing, likely a work around, but it isn't apparent to me currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for help - they are supper supportive. Don't let things go unknown if you have questions or don't understand something.

Free invoicing to help get started! No real problems, just tons of functionality that is easy to get lost in, I suppose.

Chargebee review by Thomas R.
Thomas R.

"How we use ChargeBee and it rocks!"

What do you like best?

ChargeBee solves a very tough problem well. A lot of software goes into creating a subscription platform like ChargeBee. I'm in love with the high level of customization that is offered through their backend admin interface. I couldn't imagine another service fulling all our needs and doing it so well. The customer service is amazing, doesn't truly compare to any other service out there.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have is that search is a little clunky sometimes and we can't find subscriptions that are in the system given certain information about the customer like shipping data, ect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wanna stress-free solution to the hard task of managing and maintain a subscription service, you have to try ChargeBee.

ChargeBee solves managing and scaling subscriptions. There are a ton of benefits to using ChargeBee. For starters I couldn't imagine having a subscription service without ChargeBee, the software handles everything so I don't have to worry!

Chargebee review by User

"Easy payment gateway with great features and integrations"

What do you like best?

Several plans, ad-ons, easy to manage every detail related to a customer.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up is a bit of a hassle. Editing a particular invoice is difficult. It is not possible to edit an existing invoice.

Amazing billing solutions from Chargebee. Right tool for billing and getting a response faster for billing queries. And the integrations make it even better.

Chargebee review by Dejan C.
Dejan C.

"Superior service and support"

What do you like best?

Hi-end subscription platform, 24/7 support from real coders.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is nothing that I could add in "dislike" section.

Handling subscriptions for large number of customers.

Chargebee review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Great service and support"

What do you like best?

Service works perfectly, support is extremely responsive and nice, the whole solution works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

So very rare specific tax cases are not managed yet (VAT in some oversea territories for example), but there is always a workaround.

We use Chargebee in our SaaS platform to invoice and charge our customer on a recurring basis. Invoicing is complex and we didn't have to build it ourselves thanks to Chargebee.

Chargebee review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Makes Subscription Based Business Easy!"

What do you like best?

I am very happy with the ease of integration along with all of the different integration options. This is typically very difficult when there is a large featureset such as the one offered by ChargeBee.

Having options to use a fully hosted checkout pages along with customer portal, to using a combination (hybrid) or hosted and integrated solution, to a fully integrated 100% customized solution makes this a very versatile solution for any subscription based business.

What do you dislike?

While there are quite a few integration examples, I think it would be helpful if there were more real world scenarios and start to finish code examples.

I am a bit of a hacker when it comes to coding, and I am great at hacking together chunks of code to work together. I wish there were more chunks for me to put together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many of the payment gateways allow subscription services - such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, etc... The way that chargebee brings this all together and allows you to use multiple gateways is a huge plus for me.

If you do not require multiple gateways, you may be OK using the subscription services of the payment gateways directly.

ChargeBee helps solve the need to develop an in-house subscription billing platform. Customers like to have easy access to clear invoices, and to know exactly what is going on with their subscriptions. ChargeBee allows me to do all of this, without too much cost of implementation.

Chargebee review by Ash R.
Ash R.

"great product, great service, credible founders"

What do you like best?

first $50k free + ease of configuration compared to the others (we use a more complicated teams based billing model) + ease of set-up, including editing template customer emails + hopefully ease of integration with Zoho CRM

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that we dislike about Chargebee

Billing engine for our 2x SaaS products

Chargebee review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Talented team, great customer service, fantastic product"

What do you like best?

Chargebee has fantastic onboarding support. They have a great knowledge base area for answers but if you contact them they will get back to you fast with the answers. I also love the dashboard design and metrics. The team are also thinking ahead and adding new features, they are a passionate company and that always shows.

What do you dislike?

So far I can honestly say there is nothing I have disliked. As a product it is doing exactly what I need it to do. And the onboarding process was overall very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chargebee have everything you need especially if you are a startup or SME. When I did the research they were easily the best fit for our needs as a small business. But even if you are a large company they are definitely worth considering and I have noticed they also have much larger companies as clients.

We needed a first-class subscription billing platform that was not expensive from the beginning. As a startup Chargebee was a perfect entry point. And to know they also serve large companies is reassuring because as we grow they will have the solutions for us.