Charlie App

Charlie automatically researches the people you meet with, before you see them.

Work for Charlie App?

Showing 14 Charlie reviews
Charlie review by <span>Trevor S.</span>
Trevor S.

The Top Scraper

What do you like best?

Before most meetings, I have to do a number of things, including checking news on the company via Google or Crunchbase, looking at my contact's LinkedIn. While Charlie App does not do the latter, the first part of my job is really well done. The ability to see company funding and recent happenings gives the impression that you did your research, when really, it's Charlie.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the size of the company, the information is not always applicable. Larger companies are flooded with updates, so the insight that Charlie App gives isn't great. As I mentioned earlier, many of my meetings are focused on the contact himself, not the company as a whole, so the fact that Charlie App does not pull information from their LinkedIn is a shortcoming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sync Charlie App with your Google Calendar so that it automatically gives you updates. I don't always have time to submit information to Charlie App, so the fact that it's integrated is a huge bonus.

I solve problems regarding product positioning and marketing attribution. The benefits of Charlie App are that I know basic information on the company going in, and sometimes (depending on the news quality) can see the problems they're facing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Charlie App
Charlie review by <span>Kailey T.</span>
Kailey T.

Great product! Keeps me connected to relevant information

What do you like best?

I like how well this app keeps me connected and helps me gain insights on the people I am meeting with. It provides effortless information that is relevant to my prospects and helps me intelligently approach a scheduled meeting. It is also awesome how it connects with your calendar, so you don't even have to think about researching your business meeting, it just knows your schedule and provides the information automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to correct the profiles that it links with. Sometimes a contact with have the incorrect twitter linked to my insights and I am unable to adjust this or alter it in any way. I would like to be able to do this so that when I meet with someone more than once, the second time I meet with them I have the correct twitter or linkedin profile connected and it will provide me the correct information for whoever I am meeting with.

I am able to automatically be provided with information regarding the prospects that I am meeting with and this information is able to spark conversation and help me stay relevant. It saves time researching prospects before meetings and helps me to always be informed.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Charlie review by <span>Ben C.</span>
Ben C.

Charlie, you saved me!

What do you like best?

Charlie was very simple to set up and worked like a charm. Everything is automated and takes very little on the user's end to access. Charlie gives you an accurate briefing of upcoming meetings that you have on your email calendar. Info that would typically take me 30 minutes to an hour to search and find is available all in one email (Think Charlie as your personal assistant minus the yearly expensive salary you would typically pay for one).

What do you dislike?

Some companies have very little info and info is just not available/accessible.I have only ran into this instance once when a report was not available before an upcoming meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If research is put in by your SDR or AE before a meeting, Charlie is a must!

Costly time that was exhausted into prepping for meetings is now time used on other tasks through my day. 5 hours a week on average for me personally is saved weekly and I now can use that extra time to find and source more leads thanks to Charlie doing prior research before meetings for me.

Charlie review by <span>Patrick C.</span>
Patrick C.

Charlie is great for a quick briefing

What do you like best?

Charlie is simple, yet intuitive. It integrates with your GMail and pulls from LinkedIn, Google+, and other associated social media sites to give you a quick briefing before your meeting. It is a great way to get a quick update on a prospect's role, company, or personality.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy and relevance of the information that you receive from Charlie all depend on how active the person you are having a meeting with is on social media. This has proven to be an ineffective tool when people don't use LinkedIn especially. This makes the briefings on meetings with people not in the United States particularly bland.

Note that Charlie is just a brief overview of who you are meeting with... if this is an important meeting or call, do your research!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to give you a brief, quick update on who you are meeting with, Charlie is perfect. Its simple, but requires no work on your end so you can be as efficient as possible. Please note that if this is an important meeting, DO NOT rely strictly on Charlie, do your own research.

The business problem being solved is optimizing the outcomes of meetings. By being prepared and knowing current and personable events, meetings can go more smoothly, be more productive, and eventually, be more profitable.

Charlie review by <span>⚔ Raymond N.</span>
⚔ Raymond N.

Amazing Blueprinting and account discovery tool

What do you like best?

It works flawlessly with Salesforce. Saves me time vs doing extensive boolean searches on my own.

What do you dislike?

On occasion it does pull the wrong company's info but usually that is due to incorrect information in salesforce that I have no way of changing at my level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

any company that is looking to help thier sales force save time on social media like LinkedIn or Twitter this is the software for you.

Understanding Org Charts, who at a company is a veteran or has a job title i should be connecting with on Linkedin.

Charlie review by <span>Matthew F.</span>
Matthew F.

Very helpful product

What do you like best?

I actually really like this product as it does research on candidates before your meetings. For each person you're meeting with it will present a one pager for you to review before you speak with them. This allows you to make sure you know what your'e talking about or can bring up relevant points during the conversation.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes duplicate or send you a review of yourself. This is a minor bug though. Also sometimes there are incomplete reviews but this is based on information that it can find publicly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it out to see if you can find some insights on your meetings. It can't hurt and it may help you learn about the people you are talking to. Definitely worth a try.

This helps with warming up a candidate and allows you to build a rapport with them.

Learning about Charlie App?

* We monitor all Charlie App reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.