Charlie App

Charlie automatically researches the people you meet with, before you see them.

Work for Charlie App?

Learning about Charlie?

Charlie App Reviews

Ask Charlie a Question
Showing 14 Charlie reviews
Charlie review by Trevor S.
Trevor S.

"The Top Scraper "

What do you like best?

Before most meetings, I have to do a number of things, including checking news on the company via Google or Crunchbase, looking at my contact's LinkedIn. While Charlie App does not do the latter, the first part of my job is really well done. The ability to see company funding and recent happenings gives the impression that you did your research, when really, it's Charlie.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the size of the company, the information is not always applicable. Larger companies are flooded with updates, so the insight that Charlie App gives isn't great. As I mentioned earlier, many of my meetings are focused on the contact himself, not the company as a whole, so the fact that Charlie App does not pull information from their LinkedIn is a shortcoming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sync Charlie App with your Google Calendar so that it automatically gives you updates. I don't always have time to submit information to Charlie App, so the fact that it's integrated is a huge bonus.

I solve problems regarding product positioning and marketing attribution. The benefits of Charlie App are that I know basic information on the company going in, and sometimes (depending on the news quality) can see the problems they're facing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Charlie App
Charlie review by Kailey T.
Kailey T.

"Great product! Keeps me connected to relevant information"

What do you like best?

I like how well this app keeps me connected and helps me gain insights on the people I am meeting with. It provides effortless information that is relevant to my prospects and helps me intelligently approach a scheduled meeting. It is also awesome how it connects with your calendar, so you don't even have to think about researching your business meeting, it just knows your schedule and provides the information automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to correct the profiles that it links with. Sometimes a contact with have the incorrect twitter linked to my insights and I am unable to adjust this or alter it in any way. I would like to be able to do this so that when I meet with someone more than once, the second time I meet with them I have the correct twitter or linkedin profile connected and it will provide me the correct information for whoever I am meeting with.

I am able to automatically be provided with information regarding the prospects that I am meeting with and this information is able to spark conversation and help me stay relevant. It saves time researching prospects before meetings and helps me to always be informed.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Charlie review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"Charlie, you saved me!"

What do you like best?

Charlie was very simple to set up and worked like a charm. Everything is automated and takes very little on the user's end to access. Charlie gives you an accurate briefing of upcoming meetings that you have on your email calendar. Info that would typically take me 30 minutes to an hour to search and find is available all in one email (Think Charlie as your personal assistant minus the yearly expensive salary you would typically pay for one).

What do you dislike?

Some companies have very little info and info is just not available/accessible.I have only ran into this instance once when a report was not available before an upcoming meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If research is put in by your SDR or AE before a meeting, Charlie is a must!

Costly time that was exhausted into prepping for meetings is now time used on other tasks through my day. 5 hours a week on average for me personally is saved weekly and I now can use that extra time to find and source more leads thanks to Charlie doing prior research before meetings for me.

Charlie review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Charlie is great for a quick briefing "

What do you like best?

Charlie is simple, yet intuitive. It integrates with your GMail and pulls from LinkedIn, Google+, and other associated social media sites to give you a quick briefing before your meeting. It is a great way to get a quick update on a prospect's role, company, or personality.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy and relevance of the information that you receive from Charlie all depend on how active the person you are having a meeting with is on social media. This has proven to be an ineffective tool when people don't use LinkedIn especially. This makes the briefings on meetings with people not in the United States particularly bland.

Note that Charlie is just a brief overview of who you are meeting with... if this is an important meeting or call, do your research!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to give you a brief, quick update on who you are meeting with, Charlie is perfect. Its simple, but requires no work on your end so you can be as efficient as possible. Please note that if this is an important meeting, DO NOT rely strictly on Charlie, do your own research.

The business problem being solved is optimizing the outcomes of meetings. By being prepared and knowing current and personable events, meetings can go more smoothly, be more productive, and eventually, be more profitable.

Charlie review by ⚔ Raymond N.
⚔ Raymond N.

"Amazing Blueprinting and account discovery tool"

What do you like best?

It works flawlessly with Salesforce. Saves me time vs doing extensive boolean searches on my own.

What do you dislike?

On occasion it does pull the wrong company's info but usually that is due to incorrect information in salesforce that I have no way of changing at my level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

any company that is looking to help thier sales force save time on social media like LinkedIn or Twitter this is the software for you.

Understanding Org Charts, who at a company is a veteran or has a job title i should be connecting with on Linkedin.

Charlie review by Matthew F.
Matthew F.

"Very helpful product"

What do you like best?

I actually really like this product as it does research on candidates before your meetings. For each person you're meeting with it will present a one pager for you to review before you speak with them. This allows you to make sure you know what your'e talking about or can bring up relevant points during the conversation.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes duplicate or send you a review of yourself. This is a minor bug though. Also sometimes there are incomplete reviews but this is based on information that it can find publicly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it out to see if you can find some insights on your meetings. It can't hurt and it may help you learn about the people you are talking to. Definitely worth a try.

This helps with warming up a candidate and allows you to build a rapport with them.

Charlie review by Andy W.
Andy W.

"Super easy, super useful!"

What do you like best?

Great UI, does just what our 80 person startup needs it to!

What do you dislike?

I've not come across any parts I dislike yet. I am only a user, not an administrator though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super useful if you want an easy to implement self serve HR solution.

Managing most of our HR requirements from a self serve perspective.

Charlie review by User in Internet

"Meeting insights with calendar integration"

What do you like best?

When preparing for meetings, you can receive background summaries of the attendees that are linked to the calendar invites sent with the email account linked to the application. These are quite useful as small insights or talking points to bring up in conversation.

What do you dislike?

The application takes a bit of time to sync with your calendar, and occasionally will mix up information regarding attendees if they have a common name or if they work for a company with a simple name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will most likely need to supplement the information you receive from Charlie with outside research, but you should take advantage of the social media insights when possible.

While meant for sales intelligence purposes, its functionality extends beyond sales. I was able to use this application for job meetings, and was able to use the insights accordingly.

Charlie review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Just In Time Insights Right Into Your Inbox!"

What do you like best?

With numerous meetings and little time Charlie App makes it easy to keep track of notable company events, press and other relevant information that can assist prospecting calls. Charlie app delivers an email an hour before the meeting with a link to all their research - its free and invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Email notifications require you to sign in to view all the details but its only a minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free - worth a try for sure!

It allows us to save time in terms of research and meeting prep.

Charlie review by User in Internet

"Meeting prep wouldn't be complete without CharlieApp - timely, current events & thorough insights"

What do you like best?

Simply delivers thorough insights on meeting attendees/company from multiple social platforms & across the internet - right where I need it....and in perfect timing prior to meetings.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to get insights on prospects without necessarily having a meeting scheduled on the calendar. Great insights on prospects & companies provide value during prospecting, as well as throughout the sales cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time & at least be prepared with insights about attendees, company & current events taking place around the time of your meeting. With all the buzz around social selling/listening across platforms, or proper research needed prior to engaging with prospects, leveraging CharlieApp should be an easy decision to arm sales professionals with basics about prospects & future clients.

Always prepared with a base knowledge of the attendee & their company, no matter how many distractions come up prior to a meeting. Researching anything on the web takes time & having an aggregated synopsis delivered directly to me before a meeting provides time savings & great feeling of preparedness.

Charlie review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Just Keeps Getting Better"

What do you like best?

The app saves us time in two key areas: 1) finding "tough to locate" email addresses and 2) building client briefs before meetings

What do you dislike?

The app reminders that "you haven't used me in a while" that pop up on my phone--as I more often use the web app... wish it would realize and reconcile that-- but it's just a nice to have not a major gripe of mine.

See above:

Saves time

Provides current (85% accurate) information on contacts

Charlie review by User in Internet

"Useful information to have in back pocket"

What do you like best?

I like the sources that it is able to pull from. I like the clear and concise information and sources that it delivers. It does a good job at pulling relevant information that could be helpful and useful in meetings. It has a good reminder system that shockingly doesn't get annoying on top of other calendar reminder systems.

What do you dislike?

I can get annoyed with the same witty comments and openings that it has posted. Needs some fresh material

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out a few times, and try to incorporate the information that is gathered into your conversation

This has helped prepare for meetings and compiles useful information that I can choose to implement and bring up in a conversation

Charlie review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Turn a cold call into a warm call"

What do you like best?

insights into anyone I have set up an calendar invite with is awesome. the email I receive before a mtg with details on the person I talking to is the best.

What do you dislike?

not much at to dislike about getting to know who your speaking to

Recommendations to others considering the product

anyone in Sales is crazy not to have an App like Charlie

making a cold conversation warm and indentifying mutual interests

Charlie review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Love this app in so many ways!"

What do you like best?

Meeting previews, the snarky comments and the inside scoop

What do you dislike?

Email addresses via LinkedIn are not always right

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this as your primary source for prospecting (it's still in Beta) but follow this company, it's headed in the right direction.

Fantastic prospecting tool and meeting debrief-er (is that a word?)

Learning about Charlie App?

* We monitor all Charlie App reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.