Chartio

Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use

Work for Chartio?

Learning about Chartio?

Chartio Reviews

Ask Chartio a Question
Showing 125 Chartio reviews
Chartio review by <span>Sandra M.</span>
Sandra M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Extremely easy to use and keeps me on track! Amazing tool to perform like an expert with clients.

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to be able to track all of the data I need in order to perform at a high level on a day to day basis. Not only that, the quality of the people in their team is amazing. They are always willing and ready to help and do so with an extremely positive attitude.

What do you dislike?

What could anyone ever dislike about Chartio?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing tool that helps you stay on track and know exactly where to solve any sort of issue and what aspects of the business you need to invest more time on. It's difficult to imagine my work life without it now!

As an Account Executive, it truly enables me to not only check in on how my clients are doing but also be able to help them use our platform most efficiently and fully take advantage of my services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Chartio review by <span>Jay A.</span>
Jay A.

Flexible, powerful charting for Business Analysts and SQL experts

What do you like best?

The as the technical, data savvy guy, with Chartio I am NOT the bottleneck because it is easy enough to use, intuitive and yet powerful that business users can build charts and dashboards themselves. I can focus on data management, data integration and making sure all the right data objects and attributes are accessible and my business users can be truly empowered to do their own report and chart creation

What do you dislike?

1) Maps

2) Ability to join data-stores (persistent derived table) to regular tables in other schemas/databases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Periscope and Mode Analytics, but if you have both technical (SQL and database) users as well as business users, Chartio is the best path forward

Everything - from executive reports, to slide decks for investors, to operational reports that are scanning for issues. With the Data Stores, I was able to get data-warehouse like tables up and running in hours without any underlying ETL or actual DW systems in place. This was a massive value add to our organization

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Chartio review by <span>Thomas W.</span>
Thomas W.

Works and does what we need it to

What do you like best?

We have an internal database that needs to be visualized from the raw dataset and Chartio does that easily with its easy interface. Most of my reps use charts that we've pre made for them as they don't have the knowledge to create charts on their own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charts we create require more of an in depth knowledge of sql. Not everyone has that knowledge within all functions of the company so getting the new charts made can sometimes be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

SQL knowledge doesn't hurt if you're going to be a power user - it'll help you not be so dependent on Ops pros within your company

The main business problem we're solving for with Chartio is being able to visualize our data from the raw dataset we have in our internal database.

Chartio review by <span>Ron K.</span>
Ron K.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Not just another tool, it's a valuable member of my team.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manipulate the reporting interface. I literally use the tool daily to help with a variety of reporting tasks. It's easy to clone dashboards, or modules - in order to look at new segments.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we bump into an issue where we want to compare date ranges and that requires a bit of manipulation.

We use it across departments. Marketing, Operations, Account Development, and Support. For me, on the Marketing side - it helps me connect the dots between various marketing channels and actual ROI. Going beyond conversions, I can look at which campaigns (or even keywords) are resulting in ROI. Chartio makes the data instantly accessible without cluttering up my inbox with reports or requiring me to wait for an analyst to fulfill my request.

Chartio review by <span>Ryan C.</span>
Ryan C.

I Feel Like a Data Hero at the Office

What do you like best?

I've tried other tools like Klipfolio and have found them to be clunky and complicated. Chartio was a breath of fresh air compared to that. We were able to quickly connect to all of our data sources through Chartio's various partnerships and direct integrations. Intercom, Mixpanel, Stripe, etc.

By far, the best part so far is the user interface and general responsiveness of the platform. I'm able to create complex queries without touching a line of code. While I've messaged support a couple of times, I actually found my answer only minutes later, simply by experimenting.

What's more, the provided charts are very well designed, flexible, and smart so they fit the data being fed to them.

I'm in love.

What do you dislike?

So far only small things. For example, there aren't a lot of text formatting options for data on bar charts from the Chart Settings screen. Not a big deal, but I can't figure out a way to style the values shown on top of the bars (as either currency or percentages). I'm sure there's some way to do it during the data pipeline, but just haven't figured it out yet.

I had to do a fair bit of experimenting to figure out what certain Transformation Steps actually did. I'd often have an idea in my head of what I wanted to do, but the help documentation wasn't quite detailed enough in every case.

I would prefer some simpler data formatting steps as mentioned above, such as "change this column to $" or "make the values in this column %"

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far this is the easiest platform I've found that really doesn't require you to know any code. We're particularly enjoying using Chartio with Stitch for even more integrations.

We have our data spread across various places (Intercom, Stripe, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.). Our developers are tied up doing the real work, but because of Chartio we were able to draw valuable insights by making multiple in-depth and highly customizable queries. We've created things like sales/marketing funnels, conversion rate by currency type (by combining Mixpanel data and two Stripe queries), MRR, Average Daily Signups, and more. We plan to do a lot more with it.

For us, the benefit comes down to having quick and powerful insights into our sales/marketing performance. We're also excited about it's usefulness as we present data to investors.

Chartio review by <span>Laura L.</span>
Laura L.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Intuitive platform for business reporting

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to get up and running once your database is connected, and it's easy to use for both SQL and non-SQL users. I especially like the dynamic SQL writer, which shows you the code even when you're in drag-and-drop mode.

What do you dislike?

Some modes are mutually exclusive, e.g. if you create a dashboard for someone using SQL they are then unable to go in and edit it using the drag-and-drop mode. The same applies to the advanced view vs. the basic view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The forums are useful sources for code.

I use this for a range of business reporting and analytics, including revenue reporting and creating custom dashboards and tools for different parts of the business.

Learn more about Chartio

Chartio Videos

Learning about Chartio?

* We monitor all Chartio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.