Chartio

Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use

Work for Chartio?

Learning about Chartio?

Chartio Reviews

Ask Chartio a Question
Showing 99 Chartio reviews
Chartio review by <span>Sandra M.</span>
Sandra M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to be able to track all of the data I need in order to perform at a high level on a day to day basis. Not only that, the quality of the people in their team is amazing. They are always willing and ready to help and do so with an extremely positive attitude.

What do you dislike?

What could anyone ever dislike about Chartio?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing tool that helps you stay on track and know exactly where to solve any sort of issue and what aspects of the business you need to invest more time on. It's difficult to imagine my work life without it now!

As an Account Executive, it truly enables me to not only check in on how my clients are doing but also be able to help them use our platform most efficiently and fully take advantage of my services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Chartio review by <span>Jay A.</span>
Jay A.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The as the technical, data savvy guy, with Chartio I am NOT the bottleneck because it is easy enough to use, intuitive and yet powerful that business users can build charts and dashboards themselves. I can focus on data management, data integration and making sure all the right data objects and attributes are accessible and my business users can be truly empowered to do their own report and chart creation

What do you dislike?

1) Maps

2) Ability to join data-stores (persistent derived table) to regular tables in other schemas/databases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Periscope and Mode Analytics, but if you have both technical (SQL and database) users as well as business users, Chartio is the best path forward

Everything - from executive reports, to slide decks for investors, to operational reports that are scanning for issues. With the Data Stores, I was able to get data-warehouse like tables up and running in hours without any underlying ETL or actual DW systems in place. This was a massive value add to our organization

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Chartio review by <span>Thomas W.</span>
Thomas W.
Validated Review

Works and does what we need it to

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We have an internal database that needs to be visualized from the raw dataset and Chartio does that easily with its easy interface. Most of my reps use charts that we've pre made for them as they don't have the knowledge to create charts on their own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charts we create require more of an in depth knowledge of sql. Not everyone has that knowledge within all functions of the company so getting the new charts made can sometimes be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

SQL knowledge doesn't hurt if you're going to be a power user - it'll help you not be so dependent on Ops pros within your company

The main business problem we're solving for with Chartio is being able to visualize our data from the raw dataset we have in our internal database.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Alexandra Sasha Blumenfeld of Chartio

Thank you, Thomas, for taking the time to review Chartio!

We apologize that your experience has been anything but excellent.

Because our mission is to enable users from business teams like sales and marketing to be able to access and explore their data, we'd love to set up a time with you to make sure we are doing everything to support your team so they can get the most out of their data without needing to know SQL or relying on those who do.

Thank you again and looking forward to connecting!

Chartio review by <span>Ryan C.</span>
Ryan C.

I Feel Like a Data Hero at the Office

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've tried other tools like Klipfolio and have found them to be clunky and complicated. Chartio was a breath of fresh air compared to that. We were able to quickly connect to all of our data sources through Chartio's various partnerships and direct integrations. Intercom, Mixpanel, Stripe, etc.

By far, the best part so far is the user interface and general responsiveness of the platform. I'm able to create complex queries without touching a line of code. While I've messaged support a couple of times, I actually found my answer only minutes later, simply by experimenting.

What's more, the provided charts are very well designed, flexible, and smart so they fit the data being fed to them.

I'm in love.

What do you dislike?

So far only small things. For example, there aren't a lot of text formatting options for data on bar charts from the Chart Settings screen. Not a big deal, but I can't figure out a way to style the values shown on top of the bars (as either currency or percentages). I'm sure there's some way to do it during the data pipeline, but just haven't figured it out yet.

I had to do a fair bit of experimenting to figure out what certain Transformation Steps actually did. I'd often have an idea in my head of what I wanted to do, but the help documentation wasn't quite detailed enough in every case.

I would prefer some simpler data formatting steps as mentioned above, such as "change this column to $" or "make the values in this column %"

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far this is the easiest platform I've found that really doesn't require you to know any code. We're particularly enjoying using Chartio with Stitch for even more integrations.

We have our data spread across various places (Intercom, Stripe, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.). Our developers are tied up doing the real work, but because of Chartio we were able to draw valuable insights by making multiple in-depth and highly customizable queries. We've created things like sales/marketing funnels, conversion rate by currency type (by combining Mixpanel data and two Stripe queries), MRR, Average Daily Signups, and more. We plan to do a lot more with it.

For us, the benefit comes down to having quick and powerful insights into our sales/marketing performance. We're also excited about it's usefulness as we present data to investors.

Chartio review by <span>Evan H.</span>
Evan H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Versatility - Chartio makes it easy to generate charts, tables, graphs, complex SQL queries, links, and interactive web-apps all from data sources you connect easily. If you need to do something with your company's data, there's practically no bound to what you can do with Chartio!

I also love that it is fast to load, and fast to pick up on. A power user can gradually uncover the power of Chartio, while a brand new user can start making productive use of the software immediately.

The customer support is also fantastic!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up with anything to dislike with Chartio. If you're really nit-picky, you might find some of their wysiwyg tools could be streamlined more, and a little more graph diversity would be a nice-to-have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large team or a small but growing one, Chartio is worth every penny. Don't spend dev resources building internal dashboards or visualizations when you have a feature-rich, intuitive solution already ready for you: Chartio!

We are trying to efficiently analyze our startup's data, quickly create visualizations and interactive tools for our operations, sales, and customer support teams, and create beautiful graphs for sharing growth goals externally.

We've mitigated the need for additional engineering it would have taken to get answers to common data questions or to create useful tools for other parts of the business. We've been able to quickly get answers to almost any question about our customer-base and business data - invaluable to a growing startup like ours!

Chartio review by Administrator

My favorite reporting tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Chartio has the easiest setup and implementation for a BI tool that I have experienced. As a less-technical user I have experienced no problems with adding new data sources, making changes to our schemas, or creating custom data sets.

Chartio's user interface is intuitive and beautiful. I love teaching other members of my non-technical team how to use Chartio because I feel like the interface helps me explain even complex SQL queries. The team at Chartio have done a wonderful job at creating a UI for the business user.

Chartio's support is incredibly responsive, attentive and accessible. They go above-and-beyond to help me with any of my questions, be it a query that is stumbling me or I have a complex visualization I can't figure out.

What do you dislike?

At this point my dislikes are minor and related to just wanting more.

I would love to see more visualization options with more complex capabilities. I would also love more dashboard-level interactivity for the user that is just viewing but not creating so they can be involved and more inspired by the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio is my top recommendation for a team looking for a business intelligence tool that does not require a data team or coding knowledge.

My team uses Chartio for marketing and sales - we are able to keep track of our business pipeline and marketing initiatives. Its easy for us to understand which marketing campaigns are performing well, and its easy for sales to forecast.

Learn more about Chartio

Chartio Videos

Learning about Chartio?

* We monitor all Chartio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.