Chartio

Chartio

Chartio is a powerful business intelligence tool that anyone can use

Work for Chartio?

Learning about Chartio?

Chartio Reviews

Ask Chartio a Question
Chartio review by Ewan B.
Ewan B.

"Simple to use with great outputs"

What do you like best?

Chartio is easy to use, adding a new report, dashboard, auto email only takes a few minutes. There are also plenty of advanced features on offer too, should you wish to use them. Amazing customer support and new features are added all the time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is user admin to see what users are doing in chartio. I believe this is coming in a new release soon

Several, we have automation of standard reports, it allows sales team to create their own reports for customers from dashboards we have built and allows the product team to monitor the performance of the app.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Showing 131 Chartio reviews
Chartio review by James G.
James G.

"One of the Easiest Platforms I've Used"

What do you like best?

I really love this technology. It enables small and large teams to scale their reporting and fast track the time it takes to structure it. I have in many instances had to model data through martech into salesforce. The challenges that arise are endless and Chartio solves all of them. Being able to tie multiple systems together and pull in any piece of data not just specific sets is extremely valuable.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something I dislike. Maybe the load speed of the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The days of having a few admin BI are over. There are too many users that need to triangulate data or just set up their own view of it. Chartio will be the power in which we give our organization the ability have self-serve dashboards and data.

The better questions is what we aren't solving. Chartio allows us to pull multiple data sets together in a seamless and concise view in one place. Historically pulling in data sets just for marketing alone was a challenge having dispersed systems. Chartio does a great job creating out of the box plug-ins and for those that are more technically saavy can have some fun with the code through SQL.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chartio
Chartio review by Sandra M.
Sandra M.

"Extremely easy to use and keeps me on track! Amazing tool to perform like an expert with clients."

What do you like best?

Chartio allows me to be able to track all of the data I need in order to perform at a high level on a day to day basis. Not only that, the quality of the people in their team is amazing. They are always willing and ready to help and do so with an extremely positive attitude.

What do you dislike?

What could anyone ever dislike about Chartio?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing tool that helps you stay on track and know exactly where to solve any sort of issue and what aspects of the business you need to invest more time on. It's difficult to imagine my work life without it now!

As an Account Executive, it truly enables me to not only check in on how my clients are doing but also be able to help them use our platform most efficiently and fully take advantage of my services.

What Self-Service Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Chartio review by Jay A.
Jay A.

"Flexible, powerful charting for Business Analysts and SQL experts"

What do you like best?

The as the technical, data savvy guy, with Chartio I am NOT the bottleneck because it is easy enough to use, intuitive and yet powerful that business users can build charts and dashboards themselves. I can focus on data management, data integration and making sure all the right data objects and attributes are accessible and my business users can be truly empowered to do their own report and chart creation

What do you dislike?

1) Maps

2) Ability to join data-stores (persistent derived table) to regular tables in other schemas/databases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Periscope and Mode Analytics, but if you have both technical (SQL and database) users as well as business users, Chartio is the best path forward

Everything - from executive reports, to slide decks for investors, to operational reports that are scanning for issues. With the Data Stores, I was able to get data-warehouse like tables up and running in hours without any underlying ETL or actual DW systems in place. This was a massive value add to our organization

Chartio review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"Works and does what we need it to"

What do you like best?

We have an internal database that needs to be visualized from the raw dataset and Chartio does that easily with its easy interface. Most of my reps use charts that we've pre made for them as they don't have the knowledge to create charts on their own.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charts we create require more of an in depth knowledge of sql. Not everyone has that knowledge within all functions of the company so getting the new charts made can sometimes be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

SQL knowledge doesn't hurt if you're going to be a power user - it'll help you not be so dependent on Ops pros within your company

The main business problem we're solving for with Chartio is being able to visualize our data from the raw dataset we have in our internal database.

Chartio review by Ron K.
Ron K.

"Not just another tool, it's a valuable member of my team."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manipulate the reporting interface. I literally use the tool daily to help with a variety of reporting tasks. It's easy to clone dashboards, or modules - in order to look at new segments.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we bump into an issue where we want to compare date ranges and that requires a bit of manipulation.

We use it across departments. Marketing, Operations, Account Development, and Support. For me, on the Marketing side - it helps me connect the dots between various marketing channels and actual ROI. Going beyond conversions, I can look at which campaigns (or even keywords) are resulting in ROI. Chartio makes the data instantly accessible without cluttering up my inbox with reports or requiring me to wait for an analyst to fulfill my request.

Chartio review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"I Feel Like a Data Hero at the Office"

What do you like best?

I've tried other tools like Klipfolio and have found them to be clunky and complicated. Chartio was a breath of fresh air compared to that. We were able to quickly connect to all of our data sources through Chartio's various partnerships and direct integrations. Intercom, Mixpanel, Stripe, etc.

By far, the best part so far is the user interface and general responsiveness of the platform. I'm able to create complex queries without touching a line of code. While I've messaged support a couple of times, I actually found my answer only minutes later, simply by experimenting.

What's more, the provided charts are very well designed, flexible, and smart so they fit the data being fed to them.

I'm in love.

What do you dislike?

So far only small things. For example, there aren't a lot of text formatting options for data on bar charts from the Chart Settings screen. Not a big deal, but I can't figure out a way to style the values shown on top of the bars (as either currency or percentages). I'm sure there's some way to do it during the data pipeline, but just haven't figured it out yet.

I had to do a fair bit of experimenting to figure out what certain Transformation Steps actually did. I'd often have an idea in my head of what I wanted to do, but the help documentation wasn't quite detailed enough in every case.

I would prefer some simpler data formatting steps as mentioned above, such as "change this column to $" or "make the values in this column %"

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far this is the easiest platform I've found that really doesn't require you to know any code. We're particularly enjoying using Chartio with Stitch for even more integrations.

We have our data spread across various places (Intercom, Stripe, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.). Our developers are tied up doing the real work, but because of Chartio we were able to draw valuable insights by making multiple in-depth and highly customizable queries. We've created things like sales/marketing funnels, conversion rate by currency type (by combining Mixpanel data and two Stripe queries), MRR, Average Daily Signups, and more. We plan to do a lot more with it.

For us, the benefit comes down to having quick and powerful insights into our sales/marketing performance. We're also excited about it's usefulness as we present data to investors.

Chartio review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Database Visualization and Querying Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Chartio makes it super easy to connect to your data sources and quickly start creating queries and graphs to understand your data. Within a few minutes of signing up, I had already learned things about my customers that I otherwise never would have known.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit tricky to make more complex queries that involve joining tables or manipulating data. Chartio has a knowledge base to help answer questions, but I'd like to see more examples in there.

We use Chartio to understand our customers for the sake of informing our product roadmap, financial planning, and investor presentations. For a small, growing startup like ours, it's an incredibly valuable tool.

Chartio review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"Intuitive platform for business reporting"

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to get up and running once your database is connected, and it's easy to use for both SQL and non-SQL users. I especially like the dynamic SQL writer, which shows you the code even when you're in drag-and-drop mode.

What do you dislike?

Some modes are mutually exclusive, e.g. if you create a dashboard for someone using SQL they are then unable to go in and edit it using the drag-and-drop mode. The same applies to the advanced view vs. the basic view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The forums are useful sources for code.

I use this for a range of business reporting and analytics, including revenue reporting and creating custom dashboards and tools for different parts of the business.

Chartio review by Gavin M.
Gavin M.

"Chartio Handles Data Well - Without the Complexity"

What do you like best?

Chartio combines a standard SQL builder with more powerful visualizations and a visual editor. This combination makes it very user friendly while still allowing non-power users to get to results. The sources provided are also comprehensive. Chartio plugs in quite well to a range of tools, including Google Cloud and hosted solutions, so there is no difficulty connecting to a system you use. Data can also be added on the fly and from CSV files, and sources can be refreshed rapidly to keep schemas up to date. Chartio reports are also embeddable and customizable, capable of being part of an application's reporting solution.

What do you dislike?

There can be some speedbumps going between interactive and SQL mode, as well as in working with data. The default visualization set is also somewhat small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone on the team comfortable with advanced SQL to get started easily. It's not required, but will speed up implementation.

Internal reporting and analytics from Postgres.

Chartio review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"Fast, easy-to-use, versatile browser-based data tool"

What do you like best?

Versatility - Chartio makes it easy to generate charts, tables, graphs, complex SQL queries, links, and interactive web-apps all from data sources you connect easily. If you need to do something with your company's data, there's practically no bound to what you can do with Chartio!

I also love that it is fast to load, and fast to pick up on. A power user can gradually uncover the power of Chartio, while a brand new user can start making productive use of the software immediately.

The customer support is also fantastic!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up with anything to dislike with Chartio. If you're really nit-picky, you might find some of their wysiwyg tools could be streamlined more, and a little more graph diversity would be a nice-to-have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large team or a small but growing one, Chartio is worth every penny. Don't spend dev resources building internal dashboards or visualizations when you have a feature-rich, intuitive solution already ready for you: Chartio!

We are trying to efficiently analyze our startup's data, quickly create visualizations and interactive tools for our operations, sales, and customer support teams, and create beautiful graphs for sharing growth goals externally.

We've mitigated the need for additional engineering it would have taken to get answers to common data questions or to create useful tools for other parts of the business. We've been able to quickly get answers to almost any question about our customer-base and business data - invaluable to a growing startup like ours!

Chartio review by User

"Chartio the metrics master"

What do you like best?

I think the product is great all around. Best part is the flexibility, allowing to create useful dashboards for nontechnical people using the query builder, but also getting complex data by manually writing SQL statements, joining them, grouping them etc. The additional data modifications available by chartio and filters make the dynamic data loads exceptionally useful. We have daily dashboard reports, and filters to adapt for our needs.

What do you dislike?

Really minor thing i dislike is the URLs when using a lot of variables. Sharing urls or refreshing the page does not mean you're getting the data set by default filters. Like i said, really minor and mostly inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great documentation, everything you need to get started is there. If you know SQL, then its intuitive and you can dive in.

Easy retrieval of specific metrics, be it one time or continuous reporting of those data.Serves as a workaround without the need for our engineering team to build/maintain tools for that.

Chartio review by User

"GREAT TOOLS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT"

What do you like best?

Customize able data at your finger tips. other than using the executive level of info. it is a awesome tool to simplify the planners and engineering jobs as you can have all the data in a easy to read and understand format mixing your sequel database to multiple other forms and excel files. so you dont have to search to get the info you need.

What do you dislike?

some of the custom forms that we have created to search for a Part number have an addition pop out field that is kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides the execs with all their pertinent info from graphs and sales and big picture. and its always up to date.

Provides many boards around the shop to organize jobs on the shop floor. almost totally gone with paper job packs.

really good tools for our expediters, quoters, managers, supervisors, and planners, as well as our customerservice.

Chartio review by Administrator

"My favorite reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Chartio has the easiest setup and implementation for a BI tool that I have experienced. As a less-technical user I have experienced no problems with adding new data sources, making changes to our schemas, or creating custom data sets.

Chartio's user interface is intuitive and beautiful. I love teaching other members of my non-technical team how to use Chartio because I feel like the interface helps me explain even complex SQL queries. The team at Chartio have done a wonderful job at creating a UI for the business user.

Chartio's support is incredibly responsive, attentive and accessible. They go above-and-beyond to help me with any of my questions, be it a query that is stumbling me or I have a complex visualization I can't figure out.

What do you dislike?

At this point my dislikes are minor and related to just wanting more.

I would love to see more visualization options with more complex capabilities. I would also love more dashboard-level interactivity for the user that is just viewing but not creating so they can be involved and more inspired by the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio is my top recommendation for a team looking for a business intelligence tool that does not require a data team or coding knowledge.

My team uses Chartio for marketing and sales - we are able to keep track of our business pipeline and marketing initiatives. Its easy for us to understand which marketing campaigns are performing well, and its easy for sales to forecast.

Chartio review by Edouard F.
Edouard F.

"Perfect product for my need, very powerful, easy to use..."

What do you like best?

I'm not a technical guy, I'm from marketing. And these products usually need to be setup and managed by super saavy guys and then marketing just reads the numbers. With Chart.io I'm completely autonomous. If you understand the basic of Excel and pivot tables, then you can use Chart.io. Their guides are well made. I always find what I'm looking for and when I really need it, support is there to help.

What do you dislike?

I think that design wise it's a little limited. You can change colors but that's about it. I'd like the possibility to include images on the reports I export (especially if you export for investors for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to love numbers and to love solving puzzles, but that's true for any software like Chart.io. There is a free trial, that will allow you to try everything. There's no reason not to love it.

Understanding how my business works, what my users do, what stage I'm at.

It's a great way of analyzing a big amount of data to catch new trends that would be otherwise hidden.

Chartio review by Orest L.
Orest L.

"Chartio is easy to use but can still provide all the features a power user would need"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to use their advanced data pipeline editor to create data transformation directly in Chartio. It allows me to create more complex pipelines without relying on coding and makes iterating them very easy.

What do you dislike?

There is still a lack of ability to copy and paste pipeline tasks to make them reusable. You can always copy and paste the entire chart but if there is a common data task they have to be set up individually.

We are using Chartio for reporting across the company. We have been able to build customized dashboard for each department and align all of our KPIs across the organization.

Chartio review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Let analysts be complicated and let everyone else be simple"

What do you like best?

We needed a tool that could serve the needs of various Product, Engineering, and business end users, such as being easy to navigate and pull custom information per date ranges and products, etc. For me, it was important to use a tool that was easy to build out a dashboard library (I just use SQL), simple to create visuals, and allowed me the freedom to expand the depth of my analysis as needed.

Chartio manages to do both--satisfy data consumers and data producers, and leaves both camps happy.

What do you dislike?

Chartio exposes issues with our database structure :) mostly a joke, since this is clearly more a "me problem" and not a Chartio issue--but be warned that if your database structure doesn't have easy aggregate/summary tables and stores related information on separate tables (i.e., you'll always need to join a few tables for even a simple query), you and your team may struggle to use the interactive drag-and-drop feature.

As some of our business includes managing contractors, we use Chartio on an hourly (and certainly daily) basis to monitor activity and usage on our site. The most common use cases include identifying trends over time, troubleshooting issues within our networks, and making business decisions.

We've been able to speed up the process of all of these with Chartio; users have instant access to analyst-approved safe data in a variety of formats to make quick and informed decisions. As well, as an analyst, I've been able to move my work to longer and more complicated projects as my users now have fewer requests that cannot be answered by an already built dashboard or chart.

Chartio review by Caitlin V.
Caitlin V.

"Versatile tool for combining and displaying data from multiple sources with superior support"

What do you like best?

I love how versatile Chartio is, that often the limitations of my knowledge of the software hold my work back more than the capabilities of the product itself. I love that I can use it to produce such a wide variety of graphs, tables, and visualizations. I love that it updates automatically so I can build charts once and then let them take care of themselves, but the absolute best thing about Chartio is their support.

I have found Chartio support to be incredibly useful and attentive. Their team has helped me solve the smallest, silliest problems and incredibly complex issues I'm having while building and tweaking charts usually within a day or two of my original query and in as few emails as is reasonable.

I lean on Chartio's support team frequently. As their product is so flexible and the data I work with can be particularly challenging at times, I frequently end up learning new techniques from their support team that I can later incorporate into my general workflow.

Chartio allows you to build charts using SQL or their own interactive mode and I frequently switch between the two when I need capabilities one or the other mode is better in. Likewise, Chartio's support team us equally helpful whichever mode I am using. When I need it, they sometimes go beyond helping me tweak what I've already produced to get it to work and will write custom queries or make large adjustments to charts for me.

I love Chartio as a product, but their support team is why I've recommended them to several colleagues and friends.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I'll run into small problems that are frustrating, but that I can work around. I think perhaps the thing that is most frustrating is that there are a few data sources my team wants to see in Chartio that there isn't an easy integration for.

Primarily, we use SalesForce and Mixpanel as a team, but these can only be connected to Chartio with workarounds that have been less than adequate for my team. If all of your data or your primary data are stored in sources that Chartio can natively connect to you'll have much better outcomes than if you're tied to workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your data and the problems you're having with them, if your data is stored in places that Chartio has native integrations with and you want to automate charts in daily, weekly, or monthly reports, Chartio is probably a great option for you.

Be realistic about whether you have at least one employee who is willing to learn the ins and outs of Chartio. I probably spend 60% or more of my time in Chartio, which is by far more than any other employee on our plan, and it shows in my work. I've been using Chartio heavily for a year now and the charts I build are increasingly complex in the back end and simple on the surface. Other users within our company who haven't devoted the same time to learning Chartio are less comfortable using it and don't build as much in it.

Oh and if you're trialling or using Chartio, lean on support as much as you need. In general I try to live by the adage that it's o.k. to ask any question once but I should try not to ask the same things twice. This has served me incredibly well with Chartio. Most of the advanced and complex charts I build apply techniques I learned from question I asked support while building smaller, less complex charts. The more you're using Chartio, the more valuable you'll find it.

One of the biggest business problems we're solving with Chartio is one I think about the least, because Chartio makes it so I don't have to. That is the problem of having the most up to date data whenever we need to look.

Before Chartio I had to run and re-run queries and update executive summary spreadsheets by hand. It was tedious, dull, and time consuming.

I wanted to be analyzing data, asking new queries and finding new answers, instead I spent probably 25% of my time running the same things just so they would be up to date.

Chartio allowed me to build things and then let them update themselves. I get to spend my time pruning the data, looking for new answers, and building ever more specific data sets for specific needs instead of updating the same data by hand over and over and over.

Chartio has also allowed me to combine data from multiple sources in single charts and tables. Some of my most complex charts are pulling data from 3 or more sources, then performing complex calculations on some of it, then producing a simple graph or a single number that belies the complexity beneath.

Our company uses a lot of cloud sources for our data storage and collection and Chartio seamlessly integrates with most of them, while also allowing for manual .csv data uploads when necessary.

Chartio review by Jared F.
Jared F.

"Hands-down the best data tool"

What do you like best?

Chartio is "just right". It has all the features you need to make your data accessible to your organization, without any clutter. The product feels like consumer software, not enterprise. It's easy enough that even non-technical people in the org will be able to learn to use it, but powerful that your engineers can go nuts.

What do you dislike?

Mostly some missing features:

1) There should be a way to upload data into Chartio in a fully integrated way. You can do that, but then you can't join the data against other data in your database.

2) Similarly, it would be nice to have integrated ETL functionality that writes to the DB. As it is, we need to maintain a completely separate ETL.

3) When doing complex joins, sometimes Chartio gets the join key wrong and there is no way to fix it.

We use Chartio is our main business intelligence tool. It's how we communicate data across the organization.

Because of Chartio, we have tremendously increased access to data.

Chartio review by Dal A.
Dal A.

"It's great for startups, but we won't be renewing."

What do you like best?

Unlimited data connections and up and running within 1 hour. It was amazingly easy to set up and get going. That's why we went with it initially. At this point we're looking for either something more robust, or cheaper. Not sure exactly what direction we'll go. We're evaluating Amazon Quicksight.

What do you dislike?

Pricing was $25k for the year. That's a bit much for an internal BI tool for a startup. Also - it builds it's own SQL (which you can view) behind the scenes but it's really inefficient so the data loads take forever and often time-out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I rank them a 5 on the NPS score because it's a 50/50 chance of me recommending them. It was perfect for what we needed at that specific point in time. A year later, our priorities have changed and we're moving on.

Internally we weren't able to see ANY real data insights. This helped us solve that.

Chartio review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Superb customer success team!"

What do you like best?

The product is wonderful and easy to use, but I feel their strength lies with the Chartio team. Fast response with any help tickets. A customer success manager also checks in with us once a month just to make sure everything is going great on our end. They are very friendly and genuinely want to make sure we get the best experience.

What do you dislike?

So far, I can't think of anything to dislike. Their product has been going smoothly. Regular new updates and features roll out.

Chartio provides our organization with a fully operational self-service reporting system. It helped free up the analysts' time by creating standardized reports that can be viewed by many teams of the organization. We have also created nice visual daily dashboards to monitor the health of the company.

Chartio review by Maria Victoria G.
Maria Victoria G.

"Great tool for data manipulation and visualization"

What do you like best?

One of the most interesting features that Chartio offers is the possibility of combining different data sources into the same chart.

The data processing options that can be executed after the dataset is returned by the database are also very helpful. Multi-row operations are a great example because it is something that can't be done in databases like MySQL.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the possibility of integrating more data sources that can't be added directly (Salesforce, Jira, Redis, Elastic Search).

It would also be great to have statistical analysis support, as well as the possibility of returning more than 10000 rows in a single query.

Chartio has helped us to spread information internally, making data available to make informed decisions. It has also helped to solve custom data requests from our clients.

Chartio review by Pau R.
Pau R.

"The easiest yet powerful BI"

What do you like best?

Most of the BI solutions out there are too difficult, too complex or both. With Chartio you can easily mine your data in a couple of minutes and start getting answers straight away. You can always jump into SQL for more advanced queries, but with the built-in visual tool, you get quite far actually!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if you could map certain knowledge concepts so the whole team understands what the query is doing. For instance "Active user" or "Closed opportunity". Usually you repeat this concepts over and over and changing them means to update many charts.

We need to understand how our business is doing and which areas need attention. With Chartio we can measure the whole funnel (from visitor to customer) and understand what works and what does not.

Chartio review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"A rare "goldilocks" analytics product - power vs. ease of use are just right"

What do you like best?

Chartio is incredibly easy to set up and either run reports or build dashboards for recurring use. Most tools are only good at one of those things.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steeper if you don't know SQL

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework if you have very custom requirements.

We use Chartio for 3 primary purposes:

1) Dashboarding - it's a much more cost effective if slightly cruder version of what Tableau or Looker will do

2) Ad hoc SQL queries - instead of relying on devs or BAs, you can empower your whole team to run SQL queries because it's that easy.

3) Combining multiple data sources - we regularly combine web analytics data with DB content, which is really hard to do typically in other tools.

Chartio review by User

"Chartio is a simple BI tool for dashboarding and low-friction data exploration"

What do you like best?

Chartio's dashboard interface is grid-based and makes chart sizing and arrangement very easy.

The chart types offered are somewhat limited but each is fairly thorough in its capabilities.

The pipeline offers a number of useful post-query pre-visual manipulations like pivot, transpose, reorder, and zero-fill (for dates and nulls).

The chart editor and explore features are separated from dashboard edits allowing smoother maintenance of client-facing content and ad-hoc querying.

What do you dislike?

Chartio forces a 1:1 relationship between queries and charts which creates scalability issues and limits dashboard sizes. Data Stores offer a decent work around.

The row/data limit for charts is relatively low (10mb) and offers no work arounds.

Dashboard organization is only possible through tagging and does not offer a folder system.

Embedded dashboards are not interactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio is a mainly tool for users who are not strong in SQL. Chartio mainly adds features to serve this user base.

Embedded dashboards, ad-hoc analytics, internal dashboard sharing, simple DB interface, exploratory analysis.

Being able to quickly develop a dashboard and send it over to a team-in-need feels great for everyone.

Somewhat complex charts can be formulated and published easily.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create charts with multiple data sources.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer better options for dates i.e. set comparison periods. For example, if I have a bar chart revenue by month, I'd love to have an option for "versus previous year" or "versus previous period" and it will automatically take the date range I've selected and show the comparison. Google Data Studio does this and it's really helpful.

I'd also like more control over how charts look. I am a designer by trade and feel like I have less flexibility from a design perspective than I do with Google Data Studio.

Just trying to get a sense of what's going on in our business so we can make more informed decisions.

Chartio review by Administrator

"Chartio makes my day easier"

What do you like best?

I love how clean and easy chartio is, I can go in and find what I am looking for instantly.

What do you dislike?

When I go into a list and click on an account, if I try to go back I have to load the entire page again

I am able to download transaction reports and then reconcile for our customers. It has made finding issues with balances easy to find. It has really helped me spot issues with certain accounts and then act on those. Any type of report I ask for to grow and assistance with our accounts, it seems that chartio can do. I use it all day and I never feel frustrated with the product.

Chartio review by Myles E.
Myles E.

"Makes answering CEO questions easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to slice, and shape data easily across databases. It makes mashing up our different datasources a cinch.

What do you dislike?

No proper TV mode! We have an account just for our status board, but things like notifications appear and we have to dig out the keyboard to dismiss them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a seperate data store, or use their data warehouse, so you aren't hammering your production database.

We measure core business metrics as well as track our OKRs

Chartio review by Administrator

"Good product but could use some feature updates"

What do you like best?

- capable of integrating a vast variety of databases & excel docs, ability to easily layer data from one database with another

- I have lots of custom fields (in Salesforce), and can grab the correct information I need for reporting

- ability to use the "interactive mode" or the "sql mode"

- support team is fantastic! always receive a quick response from them and extremely helpful

What do you dislike?

- unable to easily view the underlying data behind a dashboard card. I use this more than just a visual for our data but also use it to analyze the data. I always need to add another table card to the graph cards because I need to (and management) see specifically what the graph data comprises of. This gets difficult because you need to make sure the graph and table cards have the exact same filters for it to match correctly.

- hard to account for customized fiscal years/quarters (ie. not Jan - Dec). can't use the "bucket by qtr or year" option, since this only accounts for the standard qtr/year

- although dashboard cards are customizable in size, visually they can be more appealing. I would like to see the option to group "sections" together for easier viewing and categorizing

- trying to better understand our business

- a platform for different business users in the company to see metrics of different departments

Chartio review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"Chartio - Next Generation BI experience"

What do you like best?

With Chartio, I can connect many different data sources very quickly and start building effective stories around insights in my data. Their "pipeline steps" allow for very easy data transformations to refine visualizations

What do you dislike?

They do not have as many geographic visualizations as I would like. The ability to visualize data over google maps would be an excellent addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leave plenty of time to experiment with data visualizations. Unlike some other BI tools, connecting your data is easy, but you will want to invest time in understanding how you'll build your dashboards

I needed to get data out to a large team in a quick and effective manner. Chartio allows me to do just that

Chartio review by Suzanne E.
Suzanne E.

"Chartio Makes My Work Easier"

What do you like best?

I spearhead a 300 slide PowerPoint deck for a client each quarter. The report involves seven+ people in our agency to put the report together. It is a daunting project and Chartio has made the reporting much more streamlined. We have one person in our office that runs all the data and develops all the charts.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more flexibility to edit the fonts and add text to different areas of the charts than we currently have access to — however, this is a pretty small "dislike".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio has streamlined our reporting processes. It has also elevated visually what our reporting looks like.

We are looking for trends in the industry among the clients' competition as well as review what our client is should continue to do, what should they start to do and what should they stop doing.

Chartio review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Robust and flexible"

What do you like best?

Chartio allows our company to report on real time operations for our fraud team, detailed analytics for our product and engineering teams, plus create attractive, summary reports for our C-Suite. The varying data source support and customizable pipelines allows for limitless configuration and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

We tend to use the SQL Mode more than Interactive Mode, and some features are definitely geared towards Interactive.

Insights, operations support, analysis, and reporting.

Chartio review by Srinath S.
Srinath S.

"Want to get up and running with a Data Visualization tool in the least amount of time?"

What do you like best?

The fact that there is no business layer in between is a huge benefit. Accessing data source directly and inferring the physical relationships is an amazing feature, when I compare some of the BI tools that I have worked with in the past. ChartIO is adding more and more data sources to their list. Maintenance takes least effort. Simple and elegant!

What do you dislike?

- There is a huge scope to improve on the UI presentation. While the functionality is powerful, UI is something that ChartIO is inferior compared to other tools.

- There is no feature to know the usage from various users. This is very important for a customer like Optimizely!

- Dashboards categorization and ACL permissions feature can be further enhanced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having worked with other BI tools, I am so happy to work with a tool like ChartIO. As long as your organization is comfortable in using a SaaS tool for this purpose, you should look no further. I can advocate ChartIO to anyone who is on the fence in deciding a tool.

- Single gateway to get a variety of customer and product information in our organization

- A common platform for analysts to brain storm and come up with a common logic for org level metrics

- There are so many LCD displays at Optimizely that shows Chart IO dashboards!

Chartio review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"Elegant simplicity with heavy-lifting under the hood"

What do you like best?

The brilliance of Chartio is collaboration. From the Data Scientist through to management and executives, everyone has a place for what they can and can't do. However it doesn't feel that functionality is 'cut off' or 'restricted', instead the experience of viewing the same charts as others in the team created feels natural and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are some cloud applications that lack direct integrations with Chartio. I've noticed other competing tools to have some of these integrations. I'm referring to tools such as Xero Accounting and DSPs such as The Trade Desk. Lucky for us, importing a flat file into Chartio is pretty straight forward and everything works SQL-esk after that (including joining with real databases). However these lack of integrations have limited my ability to use the tool in new industries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to trial it, work with a team of people who will be touching the software - from each level. Have everyone involved after the analysts get dirty in pulling out some data. The more hands-on everyone is during the evaluation phase, the more likely you'll choose the right product.

Exploring data and immediately visualising was the problem we faced every day. Our analysts could undertake exploratory analysis but this couldn't be immediately shown to management and executives without a process of building a dashboard. Charito lets the analysis happen, quickly followed by MVP dashboards, and then polished dashboards - without any fuss.

Chartio review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Deceptively powerful"

What do you like best?

Data pipeline and range of supported sources

What do you dislike?

I love it all! Wider range of viz maybe?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chartio's achilles heel is it looks almost "too simple"! It isn't - the power of the data pipeline leaves most of the other business intelligence products we've used looking clunky.

We've been highly successful using Chartio for internal business intelligence - the ability so easily look multiple data sources is dreamy, and other products feel like hard work in comparison. An unexpected win are the exporting and PDF reporting options, and we're now beginning to use Chartio for external reports too.

The best feature of all is the product's "playfulness". The ability to so quickly create visuals has allowed us to create an extremely agile workflow.

Chartio review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Fantastic Dashboard"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature for Chartio is the drag and drop SQL builder. Before Chartio I would spend hours writing a a query to do analysis. Now that I get my data faster I can spend more time on analysis and be more productive. Dashboards are also pretty slick but admittedly I haven't been using them as much as I can.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could write R and Pyton in Chartio. I think it would extend the Chartio feature set more into analysis and make their offering much more attractive.

Mostly use Chartio for product analytics.

Chartio review by Charlie L.
Charlie L.

"Really great tool for creating insightful sales reports"

What do you like best?

Presents information really well, really clear layout of information & easy to use SQL mode.

What do you dislike?

Not always as customisable as you would like, e.g. not possible to change font size on graph legends, etc

Providing the team with insight which we never had before, the ability to pull data and present it in a really clear way

Chartio review by Yishu L.
Yishu L.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

Chartio is super easy to use. It has a very clean UI and all the necessary features. No more no less just what we need. It has a wide support of data sources that almost cover all the state-of-the art data warehouse system. Data blending of different sources are made easy via combining different layers together.

What do you dislike?

I hope Chartio can improve in the following 3 areas:

1. More transparent usage of each dashboard created and each account. It is charged by seat but it doesn't provide any information about how frequently each seat is used. This is not convenient for administrator to optimize usage in the organization.

2. Better data caching and query in sequence. Some dashboard have several charts. If people visit such dashboard, it initiates quite a large number of queries to database simultaneously.

Build dashboard/report and share it within organization.

Chartio review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very good "

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the connection. We do an SSH pipe from our data center to them, which we can kill should the reporting load ever get too high.

The data stores on their end is a neat feature for longer run time queries.

Very easy to select from multiple data sources like Graylog (Elasticsearch) as well as our MS SQL database to get a full picture view of what I'm looking at.

What do you dislike?

Their geomaps could use a little more polish when compared to other visualization tools.

Quick look at how we are doing Year over Year as well as deep diving into individual clients for a deeper and better understanding of what they are doing and why.

Chartio review by Micah J.
Micah J.

"Daily Use of Chartio"

What do you like best?

I typically use the Merchant Performance and Ops Summary Chartio the most. This makes my life easier when I speak with new restaurants in the area looking to expand their delivery.

What do you dislike?

Slow loading. Besides this, everything I need is great with Chartio.

Proof of incremental revenue with DoorDash.

Chartio review by Paula L.
Paula L.

"Chartio makes data insights easy!"

What do you like best?

Using Chartio has been really helpful for our team, especially those not proficient in SQL or querying databases. Chartio allows for quick data visualizations and deeper dives into tough questions.

What do you dislike?

Chartio's UI can sometimes be finnicky and I'll lose work while I'm in the middle of it.

We're trying to bring actionable insights to a team of over 30, many of whom are not data-savvy. Chartio helps teams realize where to focus their efforts and provides drill-downs into deeper topics.

Chartio review by User

"Fantastic tool that saves us a ton of time building dashboards to track key metrics"

What do you like best?

Charts are super clean, easy to make, and embeddable on our site so that we can keep them with our other internal tools. B/c it's so accessible, lots of people at our company can build their own charts, meaning they don't get blocked on things.

What do you dislike?

Not an actual problem, but it'd be cool to see the graphs be super interactive - e.g. clicking on a unit on the X axis and zooming into that.

Typically we would spend a lot of time building out graphs with a charting library (taking up engineering time) or not having the charts built at all (leading to a lack of visibility across the team). Both these problems are avoided by having Chartio at our side.

Chartio review by Jose Ignacio A.
Jose Ignacio A.

"A time-saving tool for your startup"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to create complex charts and visualize data

What do you dislike?

It is a bit hard for non-tech people and the learning curve, but very cool when you are familiar with it.

Internal dashboard and data reporting. Almost 0-developer time spent on the dashboard/reporting creation.

Chartio review by Tamás I.
Tamás I.

"I'm using Chartio as a data analyst at Prezi"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use

I can use sql to create charts

You can also use the drag and drop interface if you are not familiar with SQL.

With filters you can deep dive and check every segment of your data

What do you dislike?

Redshift resource management. If you refresh a whole dashboard it runs all queries simultaneously and sometimes it times out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just good. You can use many datasources and create charts and dashboards in a few minutes. It's always improving, i discover new features time to time.

Creating dashboards for our executives / product managers / engineering teams.

Everybody can see what are our metrics, how we are performing.

Product managers can check the dashboards and answer their question without asking a product analyst.

Chartio review by User in Computer Software

"Data at a glance"

What do you like best?

Chartio allows us to easily present complex data reports in a quick to grasp visual snapshot allowing us to creatively answer customer inquiries that may normally be complex to answer adequately.

What do you dislike?

Some of the restrictions with user-accounts for Chartio is a bit too much for us to deal with. We're constantly logging each other out and fighting amongst each other over access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider strongly the user-requirements.

We're figuring out how to make our data more transparent to all employees and some outside company friends. We've found Chartio essential in collaboration across departments and crucial in sales opportunities with larger enterprises.

Chartio review by Phil N.
Phil N.

"Chartio is a great choice for teams looking to analyze their data"

What do you like best?

Chartio is really easy to set up and produces meaningful insights quickly. Their customer support is also very responsive and always willing to help out.

What do you dislike?

Some of the visualization aspects of the charts and tables could be improved, especially when it comes to customized labels, chart types, and more.

Chartio has helped us build out a data-driven business quickly. All of our business segments are able to leverage Chartio to make better business decisions.

Chartio review by Peter V.
Peter V.

"Great For Metric Displays"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily display charts and share them with my team has made it very easy to discuss metrics with my team. Chartio has made it very easy to manage my team and communicate my goals and wants to the rest of the management I work with.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I had was simply learning how to use the product. Once the learning curve was passed I had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a sales organization then this is a great way to display metrics to your team. Displaying that information openly has also led to hustling and competition between employees. This also has led to employees being able to see their numbers when they are low and many of my employees have taken the initiative to increase their metrics.

Setting up charts is easy, and we display the information on a big screen tv so that everyone can see and have access to their metrics.

We are using the product to gather metrics and to display these metrics to a team. This has led to my team openly having information available to them at all times and has led to trust building with this information being so readily available.

The biggest benefit it is the display of information. When an employee is under-performing that information is also available and immediately, That has led to me being able to make quick management decisions and to help my employees overcome obstacles as they show up.

Chartio review by Asa P.
Asa P.

"Already very extremely valuable even though enhancements to UI needed."

What do you like best?

The speed at which I can access our data through Chartio has changed how I go about analytics. We were using an older version of Crystal for all our reporting needs, and we were just hand cuffed as it relates to our ability to access data. As the Director of Sales & Marketing, I now have instant access to our data allowing me to make better business decisions moving forward.

What do you dislike?

The UI still needs improvements. Navigating back and forth from selecting facts and dimensions to add to a dashboard is somewhat challenging at times...not being able to see the entire description reduces the speed at which you can build charts. The search function works, but then sometimes you can't drag the fact over to the table. It's an odd bug. I'll give Chartio credit though...they listen to feedback and are constantly improving the UI and chart customization options which makes the tool even more useful as time passes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for easy, efficient access to data. Not great for building reports to be distributed to a group of people (can only send the reports to those with licenses, so not built as a distribution tool).

Access to data...weekly leadership team scorecard, program performance, etc. I really use chartio for all of my reporting needs now, primarily b/c it's so much more efficient than our other options.

Chartio review by Jeremiah E.
Jeremiah E.

"I use ChartIO to visualize data which we pull from our data warehouse. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is fantastic. For someone familiar with SQL it takes only a few minutes to get up to speed.

What do you dislike?

Query timeouts are a huge pain -- it'd be nice to run large analytics jobs which could take more than 30 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a short. It's very easy to use, and the visualizations are quite nice. There are some performance issues, but they don't interfere with most day-to-day use cases.

We're using Chartio to visualize data stored in our Warehouse. The ease of integration with Amazon Redshift was a huge benefit.

Chartio also provides an easy way to share technical results with non-technical audiences.

Chartio review by User in Music
User in Music

"Intuative Software for Data"

What do you like best?

As long as you have someone on the other side who understands how to set up the data, this product is extremely easy to use. Any way you want to slice any data, you can do it!

What do you dislike?

You're limited on the amount of "seats" you can have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is very knowledgable in data to work on the backend. From there, other employees are easily able to use what that person sets up.

As a communications professional, this product has helped me pull data that I can then use in communications collateral.

Chartio review by kanhua p.
kanhua p.

"Very nice dashboard. Good UI"

What do you like best?

A good selection of charts. UI is easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

loading sometimes is slow. more data connection options needed

build dashboard for exectives. Non-technical people can get up to speed quickly

Learn more about Chartio

Chartio Videos

Learning about Chartio?

* We monitor all Chartio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.