ChartMogul

(41 reviews)

Run your subscription business on data. Reporting and analytics designed for SaaS and subscription businesses.

Work for ChartMogul?

Learning about ChartMogul?

Compare ChartMogul to Similar Solutions

ChartMogul Reviews

Ask ChartMogul a Question
Showing 41 ChartMogul reviews
ChartMogul review by Johnny P.
Johnny P.

"Simple Interface, Value Packed Data, and Incredible Support"

What do you like best?

1) I'm in Chartmogul on a daily basis. It's really simple to view metrics like new MRR, churn, and expansion for the week.

2) The flexibility to edit, merge, and connect subscriptions is a huge part of why we chose Chartmogul. As much as we'd like for every deal/subscription to fit the standard mold, a lot of our customers have unique plans with us and the ability to help the system interpret what's going on with the subscription is great.

3) We've changed billing systems in the past and been able to transition Chartmogul to work with both tools. The flexibility to work with both systems helped us keep all the billing history in tact which was a huge win for us.

4) I came to Chartmogul for the basics (new mrr, expansion, churn, etc.) But I love the ability to track trial conversions, cohort analysis, LTV, and cash flow.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to get a daily digest email with all the revenue movement for the day. Right now you can get email alerts for updates to individual plans, but there isn't an option to schedule a single email with all the changes for the day.

It's not a huge deal because I'm in Chartmogul most days, but it would be a great addition that would help us keep our team up to date.

Lastly, I'd love the ability to add users and assign them to specific segments. I'd like to give our CSMs access to their accounts only (so they can see rev movement and overall performance of their accounts).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are definitely cheaper solutions out there. But the ease of use, reliability, and quality of support really make up for the higher cost.

Chartmogul gives us the financial insight to make critical decisions on a daily basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ChartMogul
ChartMogul review by Christophe G.
Christophe G.

"A trustable app for managing SaaS Revenue"

What do you like best?

The one thing I prefer is the MRR charts that includes both Stripe and offline payments :)

Graphs are clear and reactive. It is a reliable app that works well and you can import data.

It calculates automatically MRR and shows the detail and distribution of Expansion, Downgrade, Reactivation, Churn and new revenue.

What do you dislike?

The app works well and I'm happy. Just 3 minor enhancements requests for the future :)

- be able to use ChartMogul with Zapier not only for actions but also to trigger and enrich events with MRR data for example

- get the Stripe customer ID in notification emails

- see all customers who've cancelled their subscription but haven't yet churned

Recommendations to others considering the product

No specific roadblock if you choose SM. It works well and support is answering quickly when needed

Thanks to ChartMogul we have a clear view of revenue over time on all aspects of the business.

We also combine offline payments with Stripe online payments and easily follow our MRR and other SaaS revenue metrics

What Subscription Analytics solution do you use?

ChartMogul review by Andreas B.
Andreas B.

"CM took the insight into our revenue to another level. We love it."

What do you like best?

We love the accuracy in which data is presented. It just works all the time and we never have to double check if the numbers are correct. The design and UX is absolutely amazing and we truly believe it's one of the best we experience in more than 30 SaaS products we use across the board. Plus the guys are always fun to work with, they listen and constantly improve their product. We've been with them for almost 3 years now and we will be for much longer

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at this moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SmileBack can highly recommend using ChartMogul, not only because their product is polished and well built, but also because we feel that they are in for the long game. They constantly improve and publish new features. That's something we care about a lot when choosing SaaS products these days.

Gives us detailed visual and numeric insight into our MRR development etc. it helps us calculate ROI easily, evaluate business decisions and to dig into long term trends. Some of the data we can also find in stripe, but not nearly in a visual way. It would also take much longer to make sense of all the numbers. CM allows us to see detailed snapshots on demand. Also we are a pretty transparent company, so we can easily give access to employees for them to have insight into our development as an organization.

ChartMogul review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Every SaaS CEO should have this."

What do you like best?

ChartMogul has saves me hours of time and so many headaches. I used to calculate all of our revenue with ridiculous models that required a lot of manual updating - importing details from Stripe, combining it with ACH payment data, and then accounting for pro-rated fees. What a nightmare.

ChartMogul does this in seconds for me. And equips me with board-ready dashboards, charts, and spreadsheets that I can share across my team and with investors with confidence.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would calculate all of my metrics - beyond revenue. It would be awesome to have my product engagement #s in here too. CM is way better designed than anything else I'm using to track that stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think about revenue at your company, you should become a CM customer immediately.

ChartMogul helps me understand my business down to incredibly specific details around churn, expansion, ARPA, etc. I can cut the info in so many ways - which is super helpful especially when investors ask obscure questions and expect me to know the #s on the spot. With CM, I actually can! :)

ChartMogul review by Guy H.
Guy H.

"All the necessary features, no complications"

What do you like best?

The product is super-easy to use and lets us keep tabs on our most important business stats. It has the most important reports built-in. Customer segments are also very useful to compare how different customer types are contributing to our bottom line.

What do you dislike?

Since we use some manual billing as well as automated, the data can drift off and it can be hard to reconcile with multiple sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. We love it.

ChartMogul lets us see our core SaaS metrics at a glance (MRR, Churn, ARPA, etc). It quickly connected to Recurly and PayPal and gives us a good view into our most important metrics. We're quite addicted to it.

ChartMogul review by Oliver E.
Oliver E.

"Essential metrics for any SaaS company"

What do you like best?

Integrates all of our data sources (Stripe, PayPal, Worldpay, invoices) into a single dashboard. Gives us all the key SaaS metrics without the hassle. API support allows us to integrate all our systems directly. User interface is easy to use and flexible.

What do you dislike?

Adding support for other data sources outside of finance – e.g. customer satisfaction – would be outside of their current scope but very welcome.

We charge our clients via a mix of Stripe, PayPal, Worldpay and invoices. Until we encountered ChartMogul, we were calculating all of our key metrics (MRR, LTV, Churn etc) through a mixture of manual labour and custom scripts. We were able to replace it all with one tool that has a far better interface.

ChartMogul review by Erik R.
Erik R.

"Our company would not work without it"

What do you like best?

That it just works to setup, supports both Paypal and Braintree, it automatically stays up-to-date. Chartmogul as a company is great, great support, constantly improving.

What do you dislike?

That it does not work super well with our Paypal setup, so we've had to accept a lesser degree of accuracy (not that we blame them, Paypal makes some things way too hard. Bad Paypal)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! We evaluated many other dashboards and can honestly say I am so happy I found ChartMogul. It has literally improved the likelihood of success for our company. Without it we were blind.

To keep track of our SaaS metrics. It's our goto dashboard to see the health of our company.

ChartMogul review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Is your SaaS company getting better? Or not."

What do you like best?

Great looking dashboard. Tons of reports. Lots of different ways to analyze your customer base from cohorts to geography to plans and more.

What do you dislike?

The issue I have with this software is similar to the issue I have with other software in the same space. It doesn't give you a way to factor in the "weird" stuff because its primary source of input is Stripe - an automated system. For example, if you make a mistake in Stripe with regards to a subscription rate being too high and then adjust it, it counts it as a net reduction in MRR and it flows through to all reports that way. Coupons also don't come through as temporary coupons. They come through as net MRR reductions. And if you churned a customer one month but don't actually delete the customer from stripe until the following month, you can't adjust when they actually churned. Things like this makes the reports inaccurate and not as useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more customers you have the more statistically accurate the data is. Small number of customers will create lots of movement in analytics that won't really paint a real picture of how you're doing. And if you do anything weird with how you manage churns, discounts, refunds, etc. in your payment system, it may not translate well into ChartMogul.

We're a growing SaaS company so it's important to us to understand our growth, expansion, churn and other metrics. Understanding whether our retention rates increase or decrease are key to measuring our success. Prior to using Chartmogul we had to compute these by hand or using complex spreadsheets so we've recovered a significant amount of time that we can spend on more productive activities.

ChartMogul review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"Great product, literally changed the course of our company"

What do you like best?

We implemented ChartMogul at the beginning of 2015 and it literally changed the direction of our company. For the first time I was able to concretely visualize how we were doing as a company and where we could head. Beyond the platform, ChartMogul provides a ton of info on how to build a successful subscription-based company. This knowledge has helped us achieve success.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything negative to say. We've had a super great experience with the product and have been champions since we implemented it. I've forever telling people I meet in my industry to implement ChartMogul as one of the first things they do.

Understanding, managing, and improving our subscription performance metrics

ChartMogul review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"Couldn't recommend more"

What do you like best?

Zero-effort way to see our core business metrics

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. Support, product, design, functionality, value is all great.

ChartMogul shows us our core business metrics: MRR, LTV, ARPU, Churn, and more. Before, we were keeping track in a spreadsheet. Our data was never quite right, and it took time to update as we grow.

Now we know exactly what our metrics are, for zero effort. Everything has worked splendidly, and we aren't even paying yet. It's free for under $10k MRR. It seems to look/work much nicer than competitors like BareMetrics, and their free tier is a no brainer.

ChartMogul review by Andy F.
Andy F.

"Terrific product to measure and visualize SaaS growth"

What do you like best?

No learning curve: education on SaaS metrics is baked into the product. Near-seamless integration with Recurly. Straightforward APIs for augmenting subscription data from our CRM (Nutshell). We also appreciate their APIs and Google Sheets integration to connect subscription health with other metrics (ad spend, web traffic, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Occasionally minor performance troubles, particularly when searching. Inability to "correct" accidental transactions when synced with Recurly.

- Revenue growth at a glance

- Monitoring and notifications on individual upgrade/downgrade/churn transactions

- Cohorting revenue and churn by age, channel and rep

- Sharing bottom-line revenue health with investors and board

ChartMogul review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"I'd be blind without it"

What do you like best?

ChartMogul integrates with our payment system, Recurly, and provides us with metrics we just can't get from Recurly. As a SaaS business, it's crucial that we monitor our key metrics on a regular basis and ChartMogul gives us just about all the numbers we need in a well-designed format.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I'm just hoping they add a chart displaying new customers, month-to-month. That's a really important metric for any SaaS business.

It helps us keep track of the health of our business and react to changes in our KPIs.

ChartMogul review by Eben M.
Eben M.

"Powerful but easy to use insights for SaaS providers"

What do you like best?

ChartMogul makes it easy for us to keep track of our most important subscription metrics and let's you dig deeper into the data with tools like cohort analysis.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything at this point in time I would change about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of their resources explaining what the metrics are and mean. Understand that and you'll get the full value of it.

It helps us monitor our performance over time and set goals. The cohort analysis is also useful for identifying important stages in the customer lifecycle.

ChartMogul review by Nicolas F.
Nicolas F.

"Amazing product"

What do you like best?

High value insights in literally just ONE CLICK. You connect your payment gateways and you have all the metrics you and your board need to pilot the company.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could be improved is the ability to manually add subscriptions or non recurring revenue. Stephanie at the support was very helpful so I could do it easily after her explanations.

- Very long calculations made easy

- Important metrics to follow to make the best decisions

ChartMogul review by Nate M.
Nate M.

"Easy Plug and Play to know your Recurring Revenue and Identify Growth"

What do you like best?

Super easy to connect your Stripe account and get your data up and reporting. Great options for Recurring Revenue business models on reporting and insights.

What do you dislike?

Could be some customization on the reporting, would be great if I could define a few additional details in what I want to report and have charts according to those. Tough to have accurate churn reporting with a freemium product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely check it out and see how it meets your requirements. For such an easy set up you can take a few months to see how it benefits your analysis of your revenue. Worth the investment unless you're going to go for something super custom.

Managing revenue growth, determining sales goals, managing cohort analysis, managing churn

ChartMogul review by Ivan P.
Ivan P.

"Without ChartMogul I wouldn't even bother to calculate MRR."

What do you like best?

I like that everything is working out of the box. When we signed up we only had to connect it to stripe account and thats it. I am not sure if would even do these metrics if there was no CM.

What do you dislike?

Its not that we I dislike ChartMogule because of this, but it would be nice that we can receive once a month email how we are doing compared to last 3-4 months. I believe that this is more improvement, which they have thought of 100%.

It calculates everything for me so I don't need to, its saving my time.

It also helps a lot when we are talking to our investors.

ChartMogul review by Viktor B.
Viktor B.

"Great platform, great support. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, once understood how. But most of all, support team!

What do you dislike?

Lack of different scenarios in documentation and also lack of API features.

It helps us a lot to see the what are our most popular plans, which ones gives us most revenue and how much customers we keep (and also the churn rate). Also, we can easily find loyal users and potentially give them some sort of bonus as a thank you.

ChartMogul review by Henry M.
Henry M.

"Excellent recurring subscription metrics for a variety of payment systems"

What do you like best?

Chartmogul provides easy to understand, actionable metrics, with a minimum of setup fuss. Customer service is very good. The product is continually improving. It supports Braintree, which many first generation SaaS metrics services did not.

What do you dislike?

The service is priced for B2B average selling price levels, and is expensive for B2C ASPs. It would be nice to have app store subscription integration.

Chartmogul shows key metrics for our SaaS businesses - LTC, churn, and other metrics - in an easy way. By making it easy to check on these numbers, they become actionable. By allowing segmentation of our users, we understand what channels are working best and where we should invest.

ChartMogul review by User in Internet

"ChartMogul for a growing SaaS company"

What do you like best?

I love how east it is to view new business, as well as existing. As someone in CS, being able to see how much ARR my team brings in comparatively to our sales team has served as a great tool to encourage our team to continue to be high performers- especially in a sector where our ARR contribution is not expected.

What do you dislike?

no complaints here! I really enjoy the simplicity, have never had the need to contact support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a system that will allow you to comfortably share numbers with managers as well executive leaders, this is definitely one. As a manager, I see what matters to me and rest of my time.

Keeping up with our finances in a way that keeps the rest of our team in the loop.

ChartMogul review by Sébastien G.
Sébastien G.

"A tool that makes your business data easy to read"

What do you like best?

I like the charts, and the fact that we can run the dashboard we want, based on the metrics we need. It's pretty easy to use and to setup.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far. The tool is really answering our needs!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to visualize your business data, ChartMogul is worth the try.

It's good because it helps everybody to know the business metrics and their evolution.

ChartMogul review by Dennis v.
Dennis v.

"Great tool, affordable and great service"

What do you like best?

They innovate and we always get the latest features without upgrading. Nice grandfathering in and just works. Nice new MRR corrections feature helped us a ton.

What do you dislike?

I think their some odd cases (very very rare) when invoices are split in parts that not everything tracks well. But manual override does the trick usually.

Awesome insights

ChartMogul review by Emeric E.
Emeric E.

"The best tool to measure your Saas metrics, no question!"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to set up and gives you a visibility on your business you've never dreamed you could have! It's a MUST HAVE to make sure you understand your Saas metrics (and the health of your subscription business).

What do you dislike?

I use recurly and I'd like to be able to have analytics for add-ons, this is not yet supported by Chartmogul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The killer app in chartmogul is the ability to import your own data (traffic source, user profiles, feature usage) and drill down your Saas metrics by these filters. Very, very insightful!

Understanding my Saas metrics and seeing my progress.

The benefits is saving hours in building our own Saas metrics dashboard.

ChartMogul review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Extremely easy set up! Effortlessly track all of your SaaS metrics."

What do you like best?

Set up is extremely easy. It only takes a few minutes. Once set up, it automatically calculates all of your SaaS metrics - MRR, rolling last 30 days growth, Customer Life Time Value, etc. You can import any other data you want and segment all of your SaaS metrics by any data point e.g. lead source. We use the Charbebee integration and it works perfectly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike right now. It does everything I need. I'm certain I am not utilising all the functionality either.

Accurate useful reporting that allow us to make better decisions.

ChartMogul review by Brittany M.
Brittany M.

"We use ChartMogul to track our new sales"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there are many different integrations available for ChartMogul. The program is very reliable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I can think of

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly option for tracking your money

We use this program to track our cashflow. It is very easy to use. Shows detail data showcasing where our MRR is at. Also tracks out churn rates. This is where we go to calculate sales reps commissions.

ChartMogul review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Agile SaaS and Subscription Reporting"

What do you like best?

ChartMogul helps connect and calculate all of our key SaaS & subscription metrics. Pulling data from many subscription based billing platforms, allowing us to see them in one place. We can harness the platform to track leads which aids in tracking the sales funnel start to finish. Conversion is business critical and ChartMogul helps us accomplish many facets of that.

What do you dislike?

Churn metrics can be tricky sometimes. Looking at cancellations and how they are counted is different than calculating refund cancelations. With this mixture ChartMogul calculates these the same depending on your settings and doesn't allow you to adjust easily for MRR movements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the platform out and make sure it covers all your metrics needs first. You also need to pull in test data and make sure it makes sense for your business needs. Setup and testing is simple with ChartMogul.

Keeping an eye on daily, weekly, monthly recurring revenue goals is key for us. Having that instant snapshot of where we are and being able to filter down into certain metrics helps us solve problems constantly.

ChartMogul review by Krasimir T.
Krasimir T.

"Great product for any subscription business"

What do you like best?

Great, comprehensive reports that allow you to get great idea of where your subscription-based business is heading to. The possibility to enrich and segment your data to your custom criteria is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. We like the product

We are getting comprehensive revenue and natural reporting about our subscription business.

ChartMogul review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good, and getting better"

What do you like best?

Pricing is reasonable, UX is nice, API is straightforward, it does what it says. Their support team is great.

What do you dislike?

Processing times can be slow when their system is under load. Need even more reports around churn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had to build our own integration because our current subscription management solution doesn't natively integrate. This is not a small task, so you will need to have dev resources to do it.

SaaS analytics on existing invoice and subscription data.

ChartMogul review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"All you business data in your hand"

What do you like best?

It's hard to find the metric that is mandatory for your business data, but isn't available in ChartMogul dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if they add more direct integrations with other services.

With ChartMogul we brought one place all our business data and we don't need to drill down into all that numbers to get the chart. It just needs to get all your previous paid/unpaid invoices.

ChartMogul review by Szymon K.
Szymon K.

"Great for tracking KPIs of your SaaS"

What do you like best?

SaaS analytics in a pill - with ChartMogul all our KPIs are in a one place.

What do you dislike?

Small or even no customization options for reports in terms of revenue sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChartMogul goes well with Stripe, Braintree, Chargify, Recurly and Paypal

Seamless integration with our payment gateway - Recurly.

Out of the box analytics for our SaaS business and additional option over basic Recurly stats.

ChartMogul review by Administrator

"Easy to use analytics tool to track subscriptions"

What do you like best?

Really simple user experience with a clear with a clear and understandable user interface that helps us to track user subscriptions and get a full overview of our customers.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at this moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work. And stay connected!

tracking user subscriptions and maintaining proper growth.

ChartMogul review by Patrick E.
Patrick E.

"Easy way to track SaaS revenue metrics"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the interface, and being able to segment by plan.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were better ways to calculate LTV and churn calculations.

Saves a lot of time from manually calculating these business metrics, and allows you to have that valuable data at your fingertips

ChartMogul review by Victor D.
Victor D.

"ChartMongul introduce me to the SaaS "

What do you like best?

The information provide by Chartmongul help us on the decision making at our comapany, and check those informartions on a dayli basis really give me the directions we are going.

What do you dislike?

i do not have any dislike so far, maybe implement a Administrator bot as google analytcs could help

CAC, MRR and LTV, key metrics we keep on the loop

ChartMogul review by Maria Paz G.
Maria Paz G.

"Una herramienta increible para Saas"

What do you like best?

Te da una visión completa de tu negocio, Churn, MRR, ect. Ya no hay que hacer miles de google sheets.

What do you dislike?

Me gustaría una mejor integración con Paypal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an amazing product for Saas.

Podemos saber la salud financiera de nuestro negocio en cada momento. También la trayectoria.

ChartMogul review by Fletcher R.
Fletcher R.

"I LOVE CHARTMOGUL!!"

What do you like best?

The setup is so easy, just connect your Stripe account. We have our whole team and investors in ChartMogul, it's super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Mostly amazing.. I wish it would integrate with Quickbooks and other invoicing software.

I have a clear picture of my company's growth and SaaS metrics.

ChartMogul review by User in Internet

"Define and discover the value of segmentation. "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy ability to define a segment and view there churn rates and MRR growth

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything yet. Chartmogul provides what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Is works well and will be an invaluable tool in your tool belt.

It allows us to break our users into and segment we want and analyze them. We have used this to find and target the more profitable users.

ChartMogul review by Gisli Haukur .
Gisli Haukur .

"Does what you need it to do"

What do you like best?

How simple and easy it is to use, and how integrations are also simple to setup, we use Braintree and all is rolling very well.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike here. It´s pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will not be disappointed.

Customer growth,value,MMR and all that good stuff.

ChartMogul review by David J.
David J.

"Great Overview of MRR"

What do you like best?

Great overview of my monthly recurring revenue, including new business and churn on a monthly basis

What do you dislike?

Not as easy as I wish to export details and easily get emails of clients

This makes financial analysis and trends very easy to see.

ChartMogul review by Tyler P.
Tyler P.

"Simple to use, very helpful reports"

What do you like best?

Connecting it to Stripe was easy. They have some low-level importing functions I've used as well, for when the simple part isn't sufficient.

What do you dislike?

The price feels high for a B2C like mine

I can quickly see changes in growth and signups

ChartMogul review by George V.
George V.

"The greatest reporting tool out there"

What do you like best?

Their UI is pretty straightforward. I really like the filters in customers section.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a Slack integration, yet. Which should be a norm nowadays.

MRR reporting and Churn. 😁 Super simple to understand what's going on.

ChartMogul review by Emily N. R.
Emily N. R.

"Clean interface, useful insights, helpful overview"

What do you like best?

the ability to link multiple accounts has been amazing!

What do you dislike?

We're had some trouble with the API, not as customizable as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for small organizations for businesses with admins who aren't "numbers people". The design of ChartMogul makes it pretty idiot proff.

We're identifying average dollar patterns and working to correct our down days. We've realized when and where to make changes for our customers

ChartMogul review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great way to have insights regarding your subscription business!"

What do you like best?

Their support team is really helpful and their response times are the best. They are evolving quickly, being innovative and deploying new features,

What do you dislike?

They don't handle partial refunds and they don't handle very well refunds through their Google Sheet App.

Need for business metrics/insights. They enable companies to have an overview regarding business growth.

Learning about ChartMogul?

* We monitor all ChartMogul reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ChartMogul to Similar Solutions