Check Point Endpoint Security

Check Point Endpoint Security combines data security, network security, threat prevention technologies and remote access VPN into one package for complete Windows and Mac OS X protection.

Work for Check Point Endpoint Security?

Learning about Check Point?

Check Point Endpoint Security Reviews

Ask Check Point a Question
Showing 13 Check Point reviews
Check Point review by Administrator

"Check Point is ON POINT"

What do you like best?

Server side:

The management console is easy to navigate. Ever since we have deployed Check Point, we have yet to report any major incidents. We use the R77.30.03 management console, aka "SmartEndpoint."

It's nice to have everything laid out in tabs and the UI is fairly interconnected, for the most part. You can make changes as general or as granular as you want.

Endpoint Side:

Installation and implementation is fairly seamless for workstations and devices that don't require encryption. The user facing side is self-explanatory and logs are incredibly easy to pull if/when they're needed.

Overall:

The anti-malware and threat emulation services are by far the best bang for your buck. The forensics reports that come from the events that transpire are generally very informative.

The logging is nice, but can be buggy from within the console.

What do you dislike?

Often, we experience installation issues with laptops. More often than not, our devices that have full disk encryption tend to have the most problems. Sometimes, partial installs are pushed out and, often, we're given only an option to re-image the machine from support.

Their helpdesk level support is severely lacking. Occasionally, you'll encounter a good egg, and the higher up the rungs you go, the more technical they are, BUT most of their immediate contacts do not really have a clue what they're doing. They just throw ideas at the wall to see if they stick which isn't conducive to a business environment.

Elements of the console don't work or won't populate sometimes. Often, it freezes and gets stuck in a "not responding" mode on each of our administrative machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a representative that you can speak to directly.

Take the necessary training courses for their product. It can be a lot to absorb and their documentation isn't always easy to follow if you're just starting out or have a basic level of knowledge about endpoint protection.

Endpoint protection, logging, VPN access, compliance enforcement, media encryption and port protection, full disk encryption, and anti-bot.

The benefits are the well-rounded security and zero-day coverage.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Check Point Endpoint Security
Check Point review by User

"Good VPN Client for Business use"

What do you like best?

user/password or certificate for login.

small client, doesn't need a lot space.

you dont need to shut down the client to turn it off. just click the mouse.

What do you dislike?

if I need to change my password on windows, I need to be through certificate.

sometimes I need two different connections and I cant do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider using certificates for all mobile users.

try and have different servers depending on the use of the connection. it's not the same to try and connect to the vpn for media colaboration than to use to download files from local servers

access through VPN to intranet sites.

data encryption.

Firewall to protect intruders.

Compilance policies to reduce risk

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

Check Point review by Elias R.
Elias R.

"Security and VPN usage for my Work"

What do you like best?

This product allows me to VPN into my work's local area network and I am able to complete my tasks remotely, with the satisfaction and relief that my work is secured and unimpeded or vulnerable.

What do you dislike?

Interface seems a little outdated, but that isn't really a problem. This isn't a client facing piece of software, so it doesn't necessarily need to be flashy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It's secure and reliable. (it's never failed for me and it's easy to use)

We are able to remote into our private work network. This allows us to work when we face Facilities Maintenance emergencies and we need to access sensitive documents/data that is hosted locally on our campus. This allows us to save money for our client by being more available than ever to our services and data.

Check Point review by Administrator

"Effective full disk encryption for data protection of PII."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to enroll new users to the drive encryption screen through a default admin account and the ability to reset accounts through the webRH admin console.

What do you dislike?

Data recovery due to corruption of an operating system's loader files require the drive be removed and daisy chained with another device running the disk mount utility and that can take days for decryption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have full disk encryption solution from Check Point Endpoint Security for protecting the hard drive and removable media encryption if you have users regularly work outside of your secure corporate offices. It can be costly when a laptop has been compromised with data breach.

The business benefits are data loss prevention for devices that are constantly on mobility. Having peace of mind for both administrators and users and saving on costly fines and lawsuits from the public.

Check Point review by User in Higher Education

"Well-rounded and secure"

What do you like best?

Check Point Endpoint Security makes it easy to manage my connection to work environments, while also leaving me comfortable that sensitive information remains protected. The product is clear with its indications of connection and protection statuses, including VPN connection, client security compliance, and firewall policy enabling.

The connect and disconnect functions are clearly labelled and give the relevant information needed to rectify any issues when attempting either.

What do you dislike?

It is very strict, and since I use it with an RSA SecurID with rotating pass-codes, it can take a few tries before I can connect. However, this is a limitation of the user and not the software, and its strictness does highlight the secure nature of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check Point Endpoint Security does exactly what it needs to, and remains secure when I work remotely. I use Check Point Endpoint Security any time I work away from the office, and need to log in to sensitive environments from a distance.

As a consultant, I am not always in one location while supporting customers. Check Point Endpoint Security helps me access corporate environments no matter where I am.

Check Point review by Pablo R.
Pablo R.

"Check Point endpoint security solutions "

What do you like best?

This tools include data security, network security, advanced threat prevention, forensics and remote access VPN for complete endpoint protection. we use all time.

Is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

i dont like that we need to use another tool for check virus. we use another antivirus tool. perhaps, this is a new features for the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we use a lot the remote access VPN for complete endpoint protection. i recomend it.

we solve serveral requeriments that i mention below:

the data security

network security

remote access VPN

Check Point review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Secure and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

This is very easy to use - especially on the user end. A lot of the employees at my company are not very tech-savvy, but they rarely have issues using the VPN client because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't even know what to put here! I honestly like this a lot better than any of the others I've used in the past!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of users who will be using the VPN client who are not very tech-savvy, this is a good option for you.

This feels very secure in comparison to the others I've used in the past. It was very easy to implement and I would definitely recommend it to any other organization with security concerns. Most of our clients are in financial industries, so we have to make sure we follow their security guidelines.

Check Point review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"Powerful VPN Client"

What do you like best?

Easy to use application that's pretty straightforward. Automatically reconnects if my WiFi disconnects for any reason. Connection is valid for 8 hours so I don't need to keep my token with me at all times.

What do you dislike?

When I use SQL Server Management Studio, my connection gets closed almost once a minute. Makes running large queries or using temp tables almost impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it allows you to maintain server dependent connections, such as SSMS and databases.

Secure connection to the network when working remotely.

Check Point review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Check Point Endpoint Secuirty"

What do you like best?

Check Point Endpoint Security allows for an easy safe and secure connection to my firms VPN Gateway so that I can access any and all firm resources outside the office when connecting remotely.

What do you dislike?

I have had issues when I've lost my gateway configuration or have had to re-authenticate, but am able to reconfigure a new gateway so not to hard to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to implement, use and troubleshoot. Great product that helps manage and maintain security requirements and risks.

Allows users to access all firm resources while working remotely without having to worry about security risks and keeps detailed logs of users and connection times which help when troubleshooting to resolve any issues.

Check Point review by Bikash A.
Bikash A.

"excellent"

What do you like best?

encryption- it encrypts the hard drive, so extra security

What do you dislike?

nothing- it's all good. awesome. i like very much

extra layer of security

Check Point review by Collette K.
Collette K.

"Check Point Endpoint Review"

What do you like best?

full disk encryption , media/usb encryption , ability to create custom user groups, ability to communicate with other check point products

What do you dislike?

it takes a long time to decrypt

the format for usb encryption needs to be better

full disk enterprise encryption

Check Point review by User in Information Technology and Services

"CPES"

What do you like best?

Easy to use . Anti bot blade

Compliance blade

Forensics

Threar emulation blade

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it slows apps down

Web Remote client is a pain but my guess is thats my policies and not the app

Thread identification

Check Point review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid platform..Strong Security"

What do you like best?

Customer Support, Tunneling platform for 3rd parties

What do you dislike?

Parts of navigation could be better to find key fuctionality

Security and remote access

Learning about Check Point Endpoint Security?

* We monitor all Check Point Endpoint Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.