Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.
What do you like best?
- Very fast and easy implementation
- Incredible low costs
- Very close communication with and fast feedback from the company behind Check_MK
- Almost complete API set for all automations need for an enterprise sized infrastructure
- Highly customisable, flexible and extensible by several plugin mechanisms
- A vast set of monitors already shipped with the product
- A very secure architecture
- A limit footprint on the monitored servers and devices
- No Java, no application server needed to run the product
- Much more, you have to experience Check_MK
What do you dislike?
To cut a long story short: to my and all of my customers opinions there is nothing to criticise.
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you are unsure start with the free Community Edition of Check_MK and use it for a while. Later switch to the Enterprise Edition. You may as well call Mathias Kettner GmbH or a partner for a customised in-house training and after five days you are well trained and your monitoring infrastructure is set up and ready for usage.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- component based state monitoring:
-- all kind of servers (real, virtual; Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, ESX, AS400...)
-- all kind of network devices and appliances
-- full stack
- component based event monitoring
- monitoring of business processes by using the Check_MK business intelligence
- alarming via e-mails, ticketing tools, umbrella managers, SMS etc.