Chief Architect Premier

Chief Architect Premier is an interior design software for all aspects of residential and light commercial design.

Work for Chief Architect Premier?

Learning about Chief Architect Premier?

Chief Architect Premier Reviews

Showing 8 Chief Architect Premier reviews
Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Robert H.</span>
Robert H.

"I Love Chief Architect"

What do you like best?

The ease and ability to create realistic 3D images for customers is exceptional. They have incredible support, great training both live and online videos, and have a huge loyal following of users. They release updates every year with lots of new features.

What do you dislike?

Raytrace renderings take time to generate but that is probably more a matter of my computer being old. They should give new users an outline explaining what order to draw things (walls, roof, doors, windows, cabinets, etc.) I had to figured it out on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a bit of a learning curve to the software because it can do so much, but be patient and watch their training videos and you will be happy with it. Learn what each button does. There are still things I am learning about it even after 18 years of using it.

Easily communicates in 3D what we are proposing to create whether it be an addition to a house, a remodel, or a brand new house. Customers love the renderings. The carpenters and other subcontractors love the accuracy and clarity of the plans.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chief Architect Premier
Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Chelsey P.</span>
Chelsey P.

"Best Program for Custom Cabinetry and Home Design "

What do you like best?

I love how custom Chief Architect is compared to programs like 20/20. I do a lot of interior home design with custom cabinetry so it's important to have a program so customizable. I also love the catalogs that allow you to use specific vendors for cabinets, countertops, etc.

Chief also allows CAD which I find very useful as a kitchen and bath designer.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more catalog downloads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program to use if you design with custom cabinetry throughout homes. It's also great for kitchen and bath design! I know a lot of builders use this program but I do not have experience as one. I'm not sure I'd recommend this for residential design as the libraries have your basic furniture, although you are able to implement any fabrics or finishes from online.

Chief allows us to have architectural drawings as well as realistic 3D renderings.

What 3D Modeling solution do you use?

Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Natasha S.</span>
Natasha S.

"Chief Architect"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Chief Architect Premier is very user friendly. It is a great drafting tool for the person just starting out in the drafting world. The simplicity makes it quick to learn how the software works.

What do you dislike?

Chief makes it difficult to own this program. The program is very expensive especially for the common folk. The trial version is also difficult as it doesn't let you save your work. As in other free trials you have more capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial verison and see if it is truely what you are looking for first before spending the money. It is defiently worth the money in my opinion.

We use it to open up various plans sent to us for estimating purposes. We have also done a little bit of sketching and drafting inside the program.

Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Beth P.</span>
Beth P.

"Designer Friendly Software "

What do you like best?

Chief Architect is designer friendly. I feel like a designer when I use this program instead of a computer programmer. The most recent updates make many of the technical aspects of designing a home even easier. I spend less time working on the computer which means I can complete each home more quickly.

What do you dislike?

Sometime in a multiple story home the ceilings heights are off for some reason but I have found ways to fix them. I recently had roof planes that just would not show up. I had to build them manually. This has only happened once though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s the best design software out there!

Chief Architect is the fastest home drawing software that I have used. Less time on the computer means more time with family and the opportunity to add extra Homes into my schedule.

Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Ronald S.</span>
Ronald S.

"Chief Architect is my go to architectural design program"

What do you like best?

I have AutoCAD and Revit also, but while they are both excellent programs in their own right, I prefer Chief Architect. Why? Because my field is mostly residential and some light commercial. So Chief Architect serves my focus much better. In addition, it is an all in one program,. In other words it can do the floor plans, elevations, cross sections, framing plans, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC plans, details, in fact everything I need to do for a complete set of AFC's, or Approved For Construction. And to top it all off, I can do material takeoffs too! A great all around program. And I can run it on my MacBook Pro, or on Windows, my choice!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do residential or light commercial this software is perfect for you. And the price is right.

I am a Design Build firm, so this program solves my needs for design, and because it does everything, I don't need extra software to fill needs.

Chief Architect Premier review by <span>Timothy S.</span>
Timothy S.

"Chief Architect is a handy and powerful software"

What do you like best?

Chief Architect is a capable and powerful software to present residential and light commercial projects. I have used it since 2002, and have found it to be quite intuitive and wonderful to help share ideas with my clients.

What do you dislike?

I do think that Chief Architect's RayTracing abilities are lacking a bit. It can make photorealistic renderings, but takes a very long time for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Chief Architect. It's a powerful software, and it has a strong and helpful community online that will help you thru struggles you may have--including my own YouTube channel.

I can quickly share remodeling, addition, and new construction design ideas with my clients and then completely and accurately share that info with the contractor to obtain a permit and build the project.

Learning about Chief Architect Premier?

* We monitor all Chief Architect Premier reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.