Chrome Mobile DevTools

Until now, while remote debugging a mobile device, you had to shift your eyes back and forth between the device and your desktop machine. Now Screencast displays your device's screen right inside of Chrome DevTools on your desktop.

Work for Chrome Mobile DevTools?

Learning about Chrome Mobile?

Chrome Mobile DevTools Reviews

Showing 30 Chrome Mobile reviews
Chrome Mobile review by <span>Jackie B.</span>
Jackie B.

A MUST HAVE - for agile product development

What do you like best?

We're a creative shop, constantly idea-testing and prototype-building. ChromeMobile is the only way to go for either as it's as agile as our develop process needs to be. We insist our prototype testers, which can be a pretty randomized group, test/demo on Chrome mobile as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say as far as dislike. It was what my developers raved about,, and any tech that passes their muster, is already at a pretty high standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a pretty technical CEO, I knew to take the advice of my development team and it has made all the difference where it matters most = the end-user experience when we're doing DEMOs/Testing with a live audience.

Greater agility in product development, and testing in heterogeneous environments. We needed end-user testing to be as seamless as possible.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome Mobile DevTools
Chrome Mobile review by <span>Shweta K.</span>
Shweta K.

Best tool for quick and efficient browser testing to save your time

What do you like best?

Chrome Mobile DevTools is the best tool for testing the website view straight from the Chrome browser itself. It simplifies everything like adjusting the size if the content and checking the responsiveness of my website within seconds.

I can easily evaluate the performance of the website by using its features such as Network emulator and remote debugging of a device. Also one of the best features is the screencast which allows taking control of the mobile site via laptop or desktop.

What do you dislike?

Although it has the best features to make efficient browser testing still it lacks in certain areas such as sometimes it is not able to display the connected devices in a correct manner and gives wrong information.

Also, it doesn’t have support for GPU emulation and lacks the support for Safari browser making it only useful for Chrome browser. It is sometimes very difficult to determine the product as it acts glitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best tool to get mobile view of your website for different resolutions.

I am using it for making responsive designs which are flexible for further changes and modifications and are supported by a majority of the browsers and doesn’t get impacted by the device’s resolutions. It has really helped me to overcome the problem of different screen resolution over various devices and makes it much easier now to test it on multiple devices.

Also, it is very useful as I can now share the screen with the clients giving them the overall look of the website performed under multiple devices having different resolutions.

What Mobile App Debugging solution do you use?

Chrome Mobile review by <span>Saka Mahendra A.</span>
Saka Mahendra A.

I used mobile devtools to check responsive design for my website

What do you like best?

The interface of the tools is very good.

We can choose throttling

This is very useful to check weather our system is good for slow connection or not.

And also,

We can choose device also.

We can change the width and height ourselves.

We can change the zoom size.

In media query we can choose the size.

This is very useful if you don't really know the size of mobile device.

In here I can check many responsive type of design for my HTML.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the design is still different per device.

Old times ago I try iPhone and it's different with my own iPhone.

I don't know why my mobile detection is not working for iPhone.

But I think now it already solved.

Because I never use mobile detect system again and now using responsive design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome eat memory to much. Can you reduce it a bit?

I use this tools to create responsive design for my website developer system.

This tools have very high benefit since I don't need to buy many mobile device to check the design now.

Now I can show to the client the display for each mobile version using this tools.

It's very useful and make client trust us.

Example if I want to show iPhone and iPad display version I can just show this to the client using this tools.

Chrome Mobile review by User

Chrome Mobile: Great for on the go!

What do you like best?

Chrome Mobile allows me to access my google docs on the go! it also allows me to access internet job boards that are linked with the G Suite. I love how easy it is to log in and have everything i need already logged in and at my fingertips. Allows easy access to work/personal contacts. and calendars. It has helped me so much on my personal website. i am able to make changes and edits to my website/work website easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

In rebuttal to my above statement where i love the ease of being already logged in, that does have it's downfalls. Having access to information at my finger tips is a double edge sword. Convenience is great! but at what expense? Sometimes open access to all of my G suite can pose some security concerns. However, the touch ID has helped add that extra level of verification to Chrome mobile. I would like to be able to edit multiple websites at once. I do have to make edits one at a time. I would like the platform to expand its user guides and help pages. Since i am a beginner with web development i have many questions that come up. Also, assisting to edit my companies website.

Being able to access Google docs while on a conference call on my cell phone. Being on the go and having all necessary information in order to answer client/customer concerns. linking my personal gmail to my work calendars etc.. syncing my contacts. I am also assisting my company with edits to our corporate website along with edits to my personal sites. I feel like it gives me the ability to develop content easier than through a 3rd party web developing website.

Chrome Mobile review by <span>Drago H.</span>
Drago H.

Easily check different resolution in a single click

What do you like best?

Almost most of web today have responsive design, although there will be difference between mobile and desktop. Chrome Mobile DevTool really helps in making responsive design. There are so many option to use, event the newest update makes it more easier to add classes. you can directly edit classes and ids, is it add or remove attribute from that classes or ids. when you use the responsive option, you can easily adjust width of active area, the presets are very helpful if you don't know what size you should focusing on. they also give us max-width, min-width, and combination of them. so you can easily check which one having a problem.

What do you dislike?

Chrome Mobile DevTool is a great plugin in chrome where you can easily check your responsive design. but, unfortunately, you can't edit directly to your .html or .css using it. And if your new to web making, it's abit confuse how to read the element inside this plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use this to anyone who is a front-end web designer. this plugin easily help you manage web design without you to switch between browser and text editor so often. this is a great help for front-end web designer.

Chrome Mobile DevTool solve almost everything about viewing the result of different value and element in a html and css. you don't have to go back to your text editor and than back to the browser to see the difference in value and element. after you make html and the css, you can testit in the browser and then, when you need to do a repair, you can just do it from Chrome Mobile DevTool, after you find the result you want, you can write it in the text editor that you use.

So you don't need to switch browser and text-editor for a long time. you can edit it at oncce.

Chrome Mobile review by <span>Darma K.</span>
Darma K.

Helping My HTML5 Game Debugging

What do you like best?

Google Chrome did a good step including Mobile Development tools into their browser. While you browse the original site, you can instantly check the mobile view on the browser. Since i was working for HTML5 Games which targeting mobile users, i can see my games on iPad, or Android view instantly without emulator, which the original file i designed for desktop.

Aside from mobile views, Google Chrome Dev Tools also gives an extra debugging features, which check you javascript for error and print out, this feature is really needed in developing HTML5 Games, other than that you also can change the css instantly.

What do you dislike?

While it has a lot and good features, but dev tools also sometimes give inaccurate screen size for each devices. Like, when i try to see my games on ipad or iphone its looks good on chrome devtool, but when on the real screen, sometimes it doesn't fixed right on the screen.

Also this is the basic problems of Google Chrome itself, it was eating so much RAM. My laptop has 4Gb of rams, when i fired up text editor and Google Chrome, like 7 or 10 tabs my PC starting to freeze a bit.

I think feature for editing css need to be improved, like saving after you edit the line, because for now after you edit css line, you need to change it in text editor for permanent changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a fast and instant mobile view for your HTML5 Google Chrome Development Tools is a good tools to use. Aside from giving mobile views, you can also get a javascript debugging.

Google Chrome Dev Tool helping my company solving about debugging our Mobile HTML5 games, from viewing javascript and css Google Chrome Dev Tool

Learning about Chrome Mobile DevTools?

* We monitor all Chrome Mobile DevTools reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.