Chrome Remote Desktop

Chrome Remote Desktop is a Google Chrome extension that allows users to remotely access other computers.

Work for Chrome Remote Desktop?

Learning about Chrome Remote?

Chrome Remote Desktop Reviews

Ask Chrome Remote a Question
Showing 17 Chrome Remote reviews
Chrome Remote review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"A powerful online tool for diagnosing and fixing computer issues"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile and straightforward it is to use Chrome Remote Desktop. We can simply install the software after a quick download and then access a remote computer pretty much right away. For security, we just need to enter PIN codes to authorize access. The responsiveness is generally good and without much lag. I can usually view the remote desktop very clearly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about this software. However, there have been times where I had trouble connecting with a remote computer, but it turned out to be issues with anti-virus software. I would be nice if developers could make Chrome Remote Desktop work with anti-virus software still enabled. That would make me feel much safer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Chrome Remote Desktop to anyone that wants to use and quick and easy tool to access a remote computer online. Based on my experience with other similar software, Chrome Remote Desktop is just as good as any and should be able to get the job done. There's not too much to explain about this kind of software, which is very simple in nature. The main two things I think should be considered are if it's easy to use and if it runs smoothly. To me, the answer is "yes" on both.

Chrome Remote Desktop allows me to check out problems on a remote computer, which is especially useful when it's difficult to understand what's wrong by just going off of the remote person's explanations. This software isn't only good for fixing problems though. We've also been able to use it to collaborate on files or to help walk someone through a process remotely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote review by User

"A useful tool for project collaborations and resolving technical issues"

What do you like best?

I like that we don't have to install heavy software to use Chrome Remote Desktop. We just need to add a relatively lightweight extension that enables the Chrome web browser to take control of a remote computer. I also like that Chrome Remote Desktop can be used in our mobile devices, which actually makes working with computers easier during presentations. I can use my finger to select and point things out on the screen instead of relying on the mouse cursor, which can be difficult for audiences to see.

What do you dislike?

The responsiveness of the remote computer, even with very good internet connections, can be quite slow at times. There are times when the remote screen will respond and stream in a very jagged fashion. This can be very frustrating and disrupt the flow of presentations and collaborations. Even though I sometimes use Chrome Remote Desktop for meetings, I don't think it works as well for that as common online meeting programs. Those programs tend to run more smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest having Chrome Remote Desktop installed and ready to go in case your associates attend a meeting, trade show or other event and may need help figuring things out in a hurry. The software isn't large, so it shouldn't be very resource intensive to have it installed. The time it takes to download and install CRD could instead be used fixing remote issues you may have.

Chrome Remote Desktop is a quick and low fuss way for me to access remote computers for demonstrations and fixing technical issues. Others have also been able to use it to fix technical issues on my end. When someone doesn't know where certain files are located or how to get started with certain software, I can walk them through the process through a Chrome Remote Desktop session.

What Browser solution do you use?

Chrome Remote review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"If you're already using Chrome, you're more than halfway there"

What do you like best?

Chrome Remote Desktop is so easy to setup. That alone is a good enough reason to just try it out. If it doesn't meet your needs, you've hardly wasted any time. Luckily, it will more than likely meet your needs. Working in education where we are more than 1 Chromebook or Chromebase per student in grades 2-12, this is a small and simple solution for some of the problems we encounter. Although managing several devices through Chrome Remote Desktop is not as simple and cannot handle tasks like Apple Remote Desktop, it is free, easy to use, and can get most jobs done. A short phone call with a teacher in the classroom can help our tech department remote into a Chromebook and address issues without having to leave the office. It is great for remote assistance or just to access your computer on the go.

What do you dislike?

For our needs in classrooms, it would be nice if Chrome Remote Desktop gave more management capabilities. It would be great if teachers could monitor the screens of all of the students from within the Chrome web browser on their MacBooks. However, it is a free and simple extension and I can understand why something like this is not implemented into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to manage and view multiple devices, look for premium paid software. There are options out there, which we are currently exploring. Chrome Remote Desktop can get the job done, just with less features.

In our district, remote desktop mostly serves for its capability to provide remote assistance. Technicians are no longer having to walk across campus or travel to other campuses to solve issues. All can be done from their desk. This is a much more efficient way to go about problems that we are going to run into in with students working on devices.

Chrome Remote review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Easy to Setup and Browser Based"

What do you like best?

It is quite easy to setup the extention, just a few of clicks at Google Chrome Web Store and it's done. No technical knowledge needed, no configurations to be made. Chrome Remote Desktop is easy to setup and easy to use for anyone. Also Google Chrome is a cross-platform browser supported for Windows, Linux and OSx systems, so Chrome Remote Desktop can also be installed on any operating system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particular about Chrome Remote Desktop, but Google Chrome is a RAM consuming browser and it becomes more RAM consuming with more plug-ins installed. But many other remote desktop software consumes lots of RAM so nothing special about Chrome Remote Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomment Chrome Remote Desktop for any remote connection needs. It's designed for simplicity and everyday usage. No technical knowledge needed, give Chrome Remote Desktop a try and you will probably be satisfied. Also it is totally free to use same as Google Chrome.

When I was dealing with customer problems on the phone, it was really time consuming to explain them how to download, install and configure remote desktop softwares. Chrome Remote Desktop solved this problem, it's easy to install for anyone.

Chrome Remote review by Nagarjuna Y.
Nagarjuna Y.

"Best Remote access software extremely useful "

What do you like best?

1. No need to install other software for a remote connection compare to Team Viewer I just need my Chrome Browser and a browser extension.

2. Very Light weight Extension just 3MB

3.Easy to use and good User Interface even noobs can get used to it very easily

4. Connections are fully secured and its a google product there is no need to describe how secure it is authentication will be using the GMail ID's

What do you dislike?

1. Chrome hogs my RAM and this extension some time crashes the computer and got hanged sometimes because of chrome poor management I lost my customers and wasted much of my time and got bad feedback

2. It requires Chrome Browser other browsers are not supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this extension for remote assistance to someone or to take remote control of another computer and for the companies or individuals especially in technical support departments.

1. Remote Access

2.Screen Sharing

3.Technical Support

4. Getting control over the remote computer.

Chrome Remote review by José M V.
José M V.

"Extremely ease of setup!"

What do you like best?

You boot up your pc, open up your chrome browser, install chrome remote desktop from the store and you'll be able to get into that computer from anywhere as long as you know the PIN and boom!

No strings attached, free to use and you're able to use the whole remote machine with no restrictions.

What do you dislike?

You won't be able to print a file that's in the remote pc, you're confined to a ram consuming app such as chrome browser and there's no chat, so yes..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! There's no flaws in this, with some exceptions you'll get a nice RD application so you can access your stuff from anywhere and manage your apps from the distance without any kind of hassle when setting it up.

Remote desktop management, i sometimes need to get to my computer and search through my personal files, so i need software of this kind every now and then.

Chrome Remote review by Robin A.
Robin A.

"Extremely useful app"

What do you like best?

This is an extremely useful app if you want to have a powerful desktop and a portable laptop. There is a bit of lag, but it's basically like using a desktop, but with the portability of a laptop.

What do you dislike?

sometime I can't connect my chrome table with the computer. It say that one of the device does't have the newer version. Then I trying to look for an update and u never fin any.

it's bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't use it with my Ubuntu Linux machines because the installer complains that the .dev package is broken. The reason I want it is to communicate between my Linux and Windows machines.

I think this works so far beyond it should considering it is free. I wish they would make a version that would allow you to control an android device via pc through the web browser though. This is an incredible app though.

Chrome Remote review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"very functional...best of its kind"

What do you like best?

I love that you can access your desktop computer from anywhere. You can use it via mobile or through the google app store on any other desktop. Also, you can set it up to connect to more than one computer and toggle between them easily.

What do you dislike?

When using the mobile app its really difficult to copy,paste and type text. I have two screens on my desktop so when I connect via mobile you have to do some scrolling to get to the second screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be familiar with how to use the app before you really need to use it. That will make your experience less stressful. Also, just know that you have to set up the remote share between the devices beforehand. Lastly, don't restart the computer or do anything else that will cause you to lose internet connection you won't be able to connect again until that computer is connected to the internet.

This app allows me to connect to my home computer to access software that I need to restart throughout the day. Without it, it would take me much longer to complete tasks or I would just be homebound all the time. You can access everything. The web, any saved files etc.

Chrome Remote review by Marco T.
Marco T.

"Best Quality vs Ease of Use Ratio"

What do you like best?

Chrome Remote Desktop is my go-to software every time I need to access someone else's machine. Very easy to use, yet it does the job very well.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while it will keep popping up a message to the other user reminding her that I am accessing her machine remotely. While it may useful, it's a bit annoying, especially when you need to be left alone working for a long time on someone else's machine. If the other user doesn't click OK on the message, I won't be able to keep on working on the remote machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome Remote Desktop is the easiest and most efficient solution for remote desktop connection. Don't waste time/money on custom software that will just make everyone's life a nightmare.

Usually I'll use Chrome Remote Desktop to look at a software or a document together with another colleague who's not in the same physical place.

Chrome Remote review by Adrián A.
Adrián A.

"Most Versatile Screen Sharing tool"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly simple to implement. There is no need to mess with “Port Forwarding” for instance. Also, the client piece is widely available, if a device can run Chrome.

What do you dislike?

It requires a particular web browser, so you most have Google Chrome and a Google account. It is unable to print remote files to a local printer. It does not has chat capability. It is unable to send custom keyboard shortcuts as Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that that it's simply a screen sharing application and not a full-blown remote access program.

Makes way simpler access to other computers or allow another user to access your computer securely over the Internet.

Chrome Remote review by Jorge S.
Jorge S.

"Its where you want to be"

What do you like best?

Its a simple idea that is executed perfectly. Always seems to run smooth, never any hickups and everytime I boot up its ready to go.

What do you dislike?

Like any other great program it has a glitch from time to time but no cons really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If youre looking for a program to use from home and access your files from work this is your program. Quick, easy and never fails to come through especially in last minute situations!

Reaching my personal work files from home makes everything very easy and simple. Its very user intuitive.

Chrome Remote review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"Handy tool for remote access"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to setup and use. Users of all levels can easily connect to their PC. Mouse and keyboard control work great!

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able touse a more complex, pw or 2-factor authentication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was very East to deploy to different machines running different OS's.

Remote access is really easy for people at all levels. We were able to provide remote access to users of their desktop pcs while home or traveling.

Chrome Remote review by Tabatha M.
Tabatha M.

"Amazing Free Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

I think it is easy to setup, has great security, ease of use, available even on the road via the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across any issues with the app yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free. Why not give it a try.

Access to computer while on the go and a great resource to help troubleshoot issues for others on their machines remotely.

Chrome Remote review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Surprised in good"

What do you like best?

The portability google provided with all its products, this remote desktop included.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little bit laggy sometimes but good overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something simple and accessible from any computer with your settings, Chrome Remote Desktop is for you.

Being able to assist anybody from any computer and with all my settings saved.

Chrome Remote review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"It's a new vision for remote desktop tools"

What do you like best?

- easy to use.

- you have everything in one navigator (chrome).

- no need to install a desktop application.

What do you dislike?

- the use of Chrome Remote Desktop is demanding lots of ressources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Go for the audio visual contact.

- support assistance for end users of my applications.

- troubleshooting for a long distance customers.

Chrome Remote review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Chrome Remote Desktop is easy"

What do you like best?

It works great and no additional software needed

What do you dislike?

There could be more options to help fine tune each users experience

Remote control of desktops lets me support my coworkers as needed

Chrome Remote review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

Works OK when Windows RDP is not an option.

What do you dislike?

Better options are available. By default the screen on the machine being accessed remotely stays on.

Remotely accessing computers.

Learning about Chrome Remote Desktop?

* We monitor all Chrome Remote Desktop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.