Chrome Remote Desktop

Chrome Remote Desktop is a Google Chrome extension that allows users to remotely access other computers.

Work for Chrome Remote Desktop?

Learning about Chrome Remote?

Chrome Remote Desktop Reviews

Showing 15 Chrome Remote reviews
Chrome Remote review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

If you're already using Chrome, you're more than halfway there

What do you like best?

Chrome Remote Desktop is so easy to setup. That alone is a good enough reason to just try it out. If it doesn't meet your needs, you've hardly wasted any time. Luckily, it will more than likely meet your needs. Working in education where we are more than 1 Chromebook or Chromebase per student in grades 2-12, this is a small and simple solution for some of the problems we encounter. Although managing several devices through Chrome Remote Desktop is not as simple and cannot handle tasks like Apple Remote Desktop, it is free, easy to use, and can get most jobs done. A short phone call with a teacher in the classroom can help our tech department remote into a Chromebook and address issues without having to leave the office. It is great for remote assistance or just to access your computer on the go.

What do you dislike?

For our needs in classrooms, it would be nice if Chrome Remote Desktop gave more management capabilities. It would be great if teachers could monitor the screens of all of the students from within the Chrome web browser on their MacBooks. However, it is a free and simple extension and I can understand why something like this is not implemented into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to manage and view multiple devices, look for premium paid software. There are options out there, which we are currently exploring. Chrome Remote Desktop can get the job done, just with less features.

In our district, remote desktop mostly serves for its capability to provide remote assistance. Technicians are no longer having to walk across campus or travel to other campuses to solve issues. All can be done from their desk. This is a much more efficient way to go about problems that we are going to run into in with students working on devices.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote review by <span>M. Serhat D.</span>
M. Serhat D.

Easy to Setup and Browser Based

What do you like best?

It is quite easy to setup the extention, just a few of clicks at Google Chrome Web Store and it's done. No technical knowledge needed, no configurations to be made. Chrome Remote Desktop is easy to setup and easy to use for anyone. Also Google Chrome is a cross-platform browser supported for Windows, Linux and OSx systems, so Chrome Remote Desktop can also be installed on any operating system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particular about Chrome Remote Desktop, but Google Chrome is a RAM consuming browser and it becomes more RAM consuming with more plug-ins installed. But many other remote desktop software consumes lots of RAM so nothing special about Chrome Remote Desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomment Chrome Remote Desktop for any remote connection needs. It's designed for simplicity and everyday usage. No technical knowledge needed, give Chrome Remote Desktop a try and you will probably be satisfied. Also it is totally free to use same as Google Chrome.

When I was dealing with customer problems on the phone, it was really time consuming to explain them how to download, install and configure remote desktop softwares. Chrome Remote Desktop solved this problem, it's easy to install for anyone.

What Browser solution do you use?

Chrome Remote review by <span>Nagarjuna Y.</span>
Nagarjuna Y.

Best Remote access software extremely useful

What do you like best?

1. No need to install other software for a remote connection compare to Team Viewer I just need my Chrome Browser and a browser extension.

2. Very Light weight Extension just 3MB

3.Easy to use and good User Interface even noobs can get used to it very easily

4. Connections are fully secured and its a google product there is no need to describe how secure it is authentication will be using the GMail ID's

What do you dislike?

1. Chrome hogs my RAM and this extension some time crashes the computer and got hanged sometimes because of chrome poor management I lost my customers and wasted much of my time and got bad feedback

2. It requires Chrome Browser other browsers are not supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this extension for remote assistance to someone or to take remote control of another computer and for the companies or individuals especially in technical support departments.

1. Remote Access

2.Screen Sharing

3.Technical Support

4. Getting control over the remote computer.

Chrome Remote review by <span>José M V.</span>
José M V.

Extremely ease of setup!

What do you like best?

You boot up your pc, open up your chrome browser, install chrome remote desktop from the store and you'll be able to get into that computer from anywhere as long as you know the PIN and boom!

No strings attached, free to use and you're able to use the whole remote machine with no restrictions.

What do you dislike?

You won't be able to print a file that's in the remote pc, you're confined to a ram consuming app such as chrome browser and there's no chat, so yes..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! There's no flaws in this, with some exceptions you'll get a nice RD application so you can access your stuff from anywhere and manage your apps from the distance without any kind of hassle when setting it up.

Remote desktop management, i sometimes need to get to my computer and search through my personal files, so i need software of this kind every now and then.

Chrome Remote review by <span>Robin A.</span>
Robin A.

Extremely useful app

What do you like best?

This is an extremely useful app if you want to have a powerful desktop and a portable laptop. There is a bit of lag, but it's basically like using a desktop, but with the portability of a laptop.

What do you dislike?

sometime I can't connect my chrome table with the computer. It say that one of the device does't have the newer version. Then I trying to look for an update and u never fin any.

it's bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't use it with my Ubuntu Linux machines because the installer complains that the .dev package is broken. The reason I want it is to communicate between my Linux and Windows machines.

I think this works so far beyond it should considering it is free. I wish they would make a version that would allow you to control an android device via pc through the web browser though. This is an incredible app though.

Chrome Remote review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

very functional...best of its kind

What do you like best?

I love that you can access your desktop computer from anywhere. You can use it via mobile or through the google app store on any other desktop. Also, you can set it up to connect to more than one computer and toggle between them easily.

What do you dislike?

When using the mobile app its really difficult to copy,paste and type text. I have two screens on my desktop so when I connect via mobile you have to do some scrolling to get to the second screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be familiar with how to use the app before you really need to use it. That will make your experience less stressful. Also, just know that you have to set up the remote share between the devices beforehand. Lastly, don't restart the computer or do anything else that will cause you to lose internet connection you won't be able to connect again until that computer is connected to the internet.

This app allows me to connect to my home computer to access software that I need to restart throughout the day. Without it, it would take me much longer to complete tasks or I would just be homebound all the time. You can access everything. The web, any saved files etc.

Learning about Chrome Remote Desktop?

* We monitor all Chrome Remote Desktop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.