Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE

(193 reviews)

Control costs with automated, real-time spend policy compliance monitoring and approval routing. Meet your organization’s requirements, and even any billable client policy requirements, by using our flexible compliance and routing engines.

Work for Chrome River EXPENSE?

Learning about Chrome River?

Chrome River EXPENSE Reviews

Ask Chrome River a Question
Showing 197 Chrome River reviews
Chrome River review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"New for our University"

What do you like best?

I like that we can process individual travel requests through this system, as well as payments to vendors. It makes it easy and stream-lined.

What do you dislike?

With the approval process, Chrome River sends the user an email with a Accept/Reject button in it. When the user clicks Accept, a new email opens up and this has to be sent. I wish there were one less step in this process, because it can be confusing for users that a new email opens up. And with some browsers, the new email never even opens up, so it's hard for the user to respond to the request without having to go directly to Chrome River (which some users find difficult to do).

Using less paper to get the process of reimbursing travelers for expenses. Also paying vendors for services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome River EXPENSE
Chrome River review by Nicole K.
Nicole K.

"New for Our Organization"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to upload receipts directly in to ChromeRiver. We did not have this option with the previous product we were using and it's a really great/efficient addition. Especially for those who use their purchasing card a lot!

What do you dislike?

The product as a whole is very different than what we are used to as an organization. The interface doesn't seem incredibly user-friendly. It could be because I'm not using my purchasing card as often as other members therefore, not having as much experience?

As mentioned above, the ability to take a picture of a receipt and upload it directly in to ChromeRiver is a huge added bonus! It is very easy to misplace or lose receipts and the process to reconcile a charge without a receipt can be daunting and tedious.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Chrome River review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"Clean User Interface for Managing Expense Reimbursements"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive it is to find the menus and options you need. The menu at the top-left of screen provides you a clear list of options. There's no confusion as to where you would find your saved accounts, receipts, forms, etc. I also appreciate having information from my company on the home screen, such as travel policy, getting started guide, and other tutorial documents.

What do you dislike?

This is not a deal breaker by any means, but the space to the right of the home screen where our company's information exists looks a little out of place. I think the content and resources are great, but the layout could be improved.

Travel reimbursements used to require a month or two of waiting in order to get paid for your expenses. We had a paper-based system, and forms typically sat in stacks for days... Chrome River has made the process amazingly quick.

Chrome River review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"So much better than our old process"

What do you like best?

The ability to link personal or corporate credit cards to the application and have them automatically sync with receipt images is a huge time saver in our organization. Previously, we had a clunky process that barely functioned and did not move receipt images over to our time and billing system. Now with ChromeRiver, we have a streamlined process that includes the images which allows for easier pass-through billing of our clients.

What do you dislike?

It's not necessarily intuitive when you begin using the product, but after a few days it becomes second nature. They tout not having an application as a feature, but honestly, it would make the user experience better. The HTML5 mobile version is frustrating enough that I don't use it.

We are able to download and import file for our ERP system as often as we would like and get the information pushed through to billing in a more streamlined fashion.

Chrome River review by Zach W.
Zach W.

"Plentiful Features, Clunky Execution "

What do you like best?

There is a lot of versatility with the product. Tons of built in options for expenses in a variety of categories. The ability to have SSO access is convenient. The mileage function is excellent with the inclusion of Google Maps.

What do you dislike?

It's very possible that we are still using an older version of the program, but it's not super intuitive, and the lack of an Android app is puzzling. It's clunky to have to click around as much as you do to get items in the correct categories. It's not difficult, but it does take a while to complete correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to have an app on your phone would be excellent. From the looks of things on their website, this is something they offer and it's possible my company just doesn't support it yet. They do have a dedicated email address to send away receipt photos to and have them uploaded automatically. There is a lot of clicking to get things in the appropriate category, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

CR has made it easier for purchasing to contain everything in one location. It manages our expense cards as well as having the ability to input 100% payback expenses for those who don't travel as often.

Chrome River review by Luke S.
Luke S.

"Great tool for expenses (and invoices)"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This would be my number one takeaway as my team is in charge of training all end users on this application. It is impossibly easy to use. They also have some great options to customize the application to fit into your unique environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major qualms. I would say that some of our internal rules slowed down our initial rollout but now feel we have a good system in place to use all of CRs capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to review your processes and procedures so you don't complicate things from the start. Don't over complicate training, keep it simple and allow your users to practice with the tool before roll out.

Eliminating paper expense reports. A lot of the work is now automated or put through a workflow to remove timely bottlenecks.

Chrome River review by Jonathan O.
Jonathan O.

"Chrome River simplifies expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Chrome River is intuitive and easy to use. There is a cool feature that you can snap a photo of receipts and email them directly to Chrome River, but I don't use this feature, as I like to be able to scan the receipts in myself and make sure everything is clear and legible before uploading them.

What do you dislike?

As you enter expense items, by default it sorts them by the order entered. You can manually sort them by date, but I would prefer that they automatically sort by date.

Before using Chrome River, my firm used a Word template for expense reimbursements. While I was familiar with the form from using it for years, it didn't calculate totals automatically and was a hassle if you needed to add a new day onto the beginning or middle of the date range. Now, it's very easy to add receipts without needing to sort them all out first - you can just enter them.

Chrome River review by jennifer E.
jennifer E.

"Manage your expenses so they don't manage you. "

What do you like best?

Chrome River Expense is being used firm-wide as a complete replacement to an old in-house developed solution that was based off of an MS Access database. Expense has allowed our firm to speed up processing of expense reports, better track how we spend and more accurately and efficiently get expenses charged to clients, as applicable. The integration with our accounting database is nearly seamless which has all but erased the need to rekey anything.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if there was some kind of notification to the administration, finances when an expense paid by the company was sitting on someone's board for more than 30 days. It would be useful to be able to see invoices without sending drafts and expense reports on a dashboard instead of running analytical reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome River Expense is really great for people who travel. It allows you to send receipts by email and can be applied directly to new reports. This means fewer opportunities to miss receipts during trips. It is also suitable for executives and professionals who have assistants who will enter expenses on their behalf. Proxy capability is easy to use and easy to control for administrators.

It works well to keep electronic receipts organized, as they can only be sent to the platform instead of being printed, which is especially useful for airline tickets, purchases made through the Square application, Uber, Lyfts, hotel reservations, etc. Really frustrating to break a stay at the hotel: it requires dividing the types of charges (parking, meals charged to the room, real accommodations, etc.). It takes much longer on my part than the old system.

Chrome River review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"User Friendly Interface, bit sluggish"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. I like that the dashboard gives a quick overview of the status of your expenses. I also like the way the reports are displayed when you move to the expense entry screen. It's clear which reports are in progress, which ones were returned, and then theres a separate section for reports that were approved and it also shows their status. The tool to enter the expense report is intuitive - the categories are clearly labeled and easy to navigate from one to the other. The actual screens where you need to enter further detail are also intuitive and I like that it carries business purpose across individual entries. I also like that you can drag and drop receipt images to the line item they apply to.

What do you dislike?

It's a little slow from screen to screen - not sure if that's just our network but it's pretty consistently slow. I don't like the process for uploading receipts. It only takes .pdf files and you have to scroll through all of them with every upload. i wish that was a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works really well if you can integrate corporate card usage with it.

Chrome river allows me to easily enter expenses from work travel. it is tied in with our corporate credit card which makes it even easier.

Chrome River review by Denise P.
Denise P.

"Review of Chrome River after 3 months of use"

What do you like best?

It's easy! We have about 130 users with Corporate Credit Cards and the great majority of them have caught on quickly to the program. It has been a learning experience for all of us, but a great benefit to our company for expense coding and approval.

What do you dislike?

Some of the back-end work. Because we as a Company, PAY for the Corporate Card, there is a little more work involved on the back end to make sure all of the cardholders expenses are entered correctly and the CC feed items used. This isn't a fault of CR, more of how we choose to process our Corp Card as a company.

Expense coding. Prior to this, we had one Finance person coding an 80+ page credit card statement manually each month (approx 12 hours of work) and basically using SWAG... now, as long as the system codes items properly we are good to go and the rest of them, we see and have the employee fix if they should be in a different expense bucket. Saving SO MUCH TIME! and our expenses are much more accurately coded.

Chrome River review by Morgan  L.
Morgan L.

"Chrome River is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

When I was first taught in ChromeRiver I found it extremely easy to use. Everything you would need was there and if I ever had a thought about what I needed to add, ChromeRiver had a button for it. I found it easy to navigate ChromeRiver.

What do you dislike?

When uploading attachments, I've found it hard to delete parts of an attachment before saving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome River is extremely easy to use. They also have a great support team that will answer your questions with a quick response.

Reimbursements have been used and have benefited our company while solving problems as well.

Chrome River review by Karen K.
Karen K.

"Paperless efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that Chrome River takes the paper shuffle of our expense reimbursement process out of the equation. It's completely electronic from start to finish. Approvals flow through e-mail and are super-easy (just click the green "Accept" button!) for our attorneys and staff. This has ultimately shortened the time from expense report entry to reimbursement, resulting in happier employees.

Also, automated routing ensures that all appropriate approvals for the particular expense amount or type are obtained. It's a very sleek, sophisticated, yet simple to use system. I would recommend it to any organization looking to improve their expense reimbursement experience!

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not the greatest. We don't use it a lot, but sometimes feels a bit "clunky" when we use the predefined reports (sometimes the reporting module simply doesn't open and you have to try again later). Ad hoc reports seem confusing to set up, without taking a lot of time learning how to use them. This is not a huge hindrance for us, though.

Easier visibility into pending expense reports (who is holding up the reimbursement?), paperless environment (no more expense reports milling around the firm, with potential for getting lost), all approvals ensured (no more "sending them back" for additional approvals because they weren't obtained the first time).

Chrome River review by E'Lisha G.
E'Lisha G.

"Expenses Made Easy"

What do you like best?

ChromeRiver replaced a very outdated papers system for my employer. I love that expenses can be uploaded via the app, through an email, or scanned in; I complete expenses for our department and for various colleagues, and this really simplifies my life.

What do you dislike?

Due to security reasons, I don't have the full functionality of the platform (I understand the reason for this); I would really like to see what could be accomplished with the full functionality. [I understand that this is more of a dislike due to employer restriction versus that of the actual application.]

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! You won't regret it.

I am able to process vendor payments and employee reimbursements in a timely fashion, view the approval pathway, and follow up with the necessary persons without delay.

Chrome River review by Chad G.
Chad G.

"Expense Reporting Efficiency"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we have automated the process to where approval authority and routing now takes place electronically. In the past we used an excel file that was printed out and signed by the employee and then interoffice mailed to their supervisor for approval which at times would substantially delay the approval of an expense report.

What do you dislike?

The item that I dislike the most is that we are currently using the Platinum version of Chrome River and have not moved to using the Mercury version of Chrome River. Most of the enhancements that come out are geared towards the Mercury version of CR and I would like to see us be able to use more of the features. Often times the reporting function is the area that seems to pose the biggest challenge to our Company. I would like to see Chrome River have more enhancements made to this feature to allow for easier use of the reporting function. We want to do more with the specific information that we capture in our expense reports and sometimes find that we are not able to write the reports as easily as we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to customize Chrome River Expense to be exactly how you want the software to fit your needs. They were great to work with and they have continued to help along the way!

We had several different approval limits throughout the Company and it was very tedious for the Accounts payable department to verify all of these approvals. Now that we have automated the approval authority limits we have realized time savings in the turnaround of expense reports in all phases of the process. It has been great to automate this process.

Chrome River review by Lucius A. J.
Lucius A. J.

"ChromeRiver expense"

What do you like best?

This was the challenge from our CFO last year. He wanted us to find ways to do things more efficiently and to eliminate paper. What better way then to tackle the expense reimbursement process? What we love about Chrome River is that you can take pictures of receipts with your smart phone and upload/email them to your account. eMail approvals are super easy, plus you can can view any receipt you want to by clicking the link. We also love the fact that we can design approval workflows to meet just about any scenario we need, and we are able to detect duplicate and enforce compliance with our Travel Policy. But most of all the love the people - they are very professional and highly customer-focused. They want to ensure all their clients are happy and satisfied with their product.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 things we don't like. The reporting is not that robust or user-friendly. Most of our users do not like the hotel wizard. They find it very cumbersome and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

A/p over processing time.

Chrome River review by Susana L.
Susana L.

"The Most Effective Tool for Expense Sorting!"

What do you like best?

Chrome River is such an easy to use program! Everything is extremely simple to understand and their organization tools and sorting options make entering expenses and filing for reimbursements an enjoyable part of the job.

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes it freezes and I get kicked out of the program which can be annoying but it doesn't happen too often!

Recommendations to others considering the product

One hundred percent recommend this over any other expense organization program you may be using!

Being able to process reimbursement requests for my attorneys with such ease is the most beneficial part of using this program.

Chrome River review by Jesse R.
Jesse R.

"Modern Expense Management"

What do you like best?

There are so many pluses to Chrome River that it is hard to pin point the best features. Aside from the slick and clean GUI that our firm end users see, one of the best features of Chrome River is that it contains a very robust and configurable rules engine. The rules engine allows for everything from very simple to very intricate routing of reports based on a litany of data points ranging from the expense owner, their office, department, job title, to the actual expense types and GL codes being used. The configurability of these rules is also applicable to the various forms that are used allowing for further configurations that can also be based on the end user submitting a request.

What do you dislike?

For basic Ad Hoc reporting the Chrome River BI solution is perfectly capable however more advanced custom BI reporting has been my personal biggest down side. To be clear, the application contains a large number of stock reports that answer a lot of basic business needs questions, like aging etc... however for custom reporting specific to your firm, those used to Cognos or using SQL with BIDS may find that the system has slow response and lacks functions like case statements and the ability to run sub queries and the inability to run Expense and Invoice (separate module) on the same report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your due diligence and consider other vendors too, however we found that Chrome River offered the most features/functions at the best costs compared to some of their biggest rivals.

The single biggest problem solved with my firm is moving from a home brew expense management system to a enterprise level system that is fully scalable at an affordable price. The rules engine and workflow that come out of it allow for better management of expenses, better visibility to the appropriate stakeholders, and in the case of my firm quicker and more accurate billing to clients.

Chrome River review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add multiple expenses and receipts to one entry. The receipt upload function makes it simple to add pictures of your receipts or online PDFs if the receipt is online. The user also does not have to match the receipts with the expense entries or anything like that - it is done automatically. Which also simplifies the process!

What do you dislike?

I wish the options for type of expense entries were simplified. There are many different categories and types of expenses to choose from and I feel that the options overlap some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes the expense reports are cumbersome and ask for a considerable amount of detail, so I find that it is helpful to use the "save/close" function to keep track of my expenses as I go instead of trying to upload everything at once.

Chrome River EXPENSE allows employees to efficiently enter business related expenses into the system for reimbursement. The accuracy of the software benefits the company by tracking relevant business expenses as well as the employee.

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Chrome River and Expenses"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Chrome River is being able to submit receipts for expenses via email or my mobile device. A close second is the interface used on the mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the response times when I have to contact the helpdesk for tech issues that our users encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product keeps improving and new features added to make the experience better for customers. They are agile in being able to patch up any holes and adding new features.

We have improved the time it takes to reimburse our associates and moved into the digital age. Turn around time has been great and all automated! Also, the analytics and reporting has been improved and customizable to our needs.

Chrome River review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Paperless expense transactions"

What do you like best?

You can begin doing your expenses as soon as they occur or even prior to your trip by creating a draft. The system is user friendly. Easy to learn. No paper trails.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed a few times the mileage/map feature doesn't take on the first try. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a paper.hard copy expense system, consider looking into Chrome River.

Expenses always used to be submitted with a hard copy, multiple receipts, maps, explanations. This system is all online/streamlined with a lot of features that automatically calculate/load what you need to input. You can also upload photos of receipts as soon as you have one.

"Time Saving"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, looking at each receipt with the appropriate expense. I also like that I can return a portion of the expense report if there is anything I would not approve. I like the ability to adjust.

What do you dislike?

Once you get to the end of all receipts, you have to exit in order to submit, then submit again. It can also be confusing when you need to return only a portion of the expense report. It looks like the entire amount has been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to keep track of the reports recieived. Setting up the notifications, eleiminates the constant calls or emails regarding status

I have not really noticed any problems it has solved. But the benefits are quicker turn around time on processing, the ease of returning an expense report.

Chrome River review by Carolina B.
Carolina B.

"Chrome River has automated our purchasing card processes and has provided better expense management"

What do you like best?

I like that we have instant access to all of our purchasing card transactions. No matter where we are, we can easily access reports, make changes, and process expenses.

I also like that there are several ways to upload receipts and that we can see exactly where the report is at in the approval process.

What do you dislike?

I wish the AdHoc reports were a little bit more user-friendly. There is much potential there, but it is hard to find the right columns to create reports.

We are now able to track expenses more accurately and with more information. One example is in our sustainability efforts. We are able to see how many people travel in our campus, what means of transportation they use, how many miles they drive for business reasons, etc.

Chrome River review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Extremely easy to use "

What do you like best?

Prior to our company beginning to use Chrome River for expense reports, we filed all expenses manually on a spreadsheet. Chrome River simplified this process to where my typical expense report takes 10-15 minutes to complete instead of up to an hour! The best feature is the ability to photograph a receipt and email it straight to your expense report.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about Chrome River.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent - especially if you do not currently have a software solution for expense reports.

The benefits I have realized are both with time saving and with organization. If I photograph and email receipts right away, I do not have to worry about misplacing the receipts.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Chrome River Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily switch between users since I have 2 managers I also frequently submit expenses for. I also love being able to easily see the status of each specific expense so when my managers ask for an update, I can tell them where it's currently at in the process. And finally, I like that you can link the receipts to the correct expense. I think it prevents a lot of confusion which saves time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't always see all expenses submitted beyond a certain date. I'd love it if I could see those more easily in the quick view under expenses.

It makes submitting expenses quick and easy which allows things to be reimbursed from the budget on time and in the month they were accrued.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Love the River! No more Paper!"

What do you like best?

It’s great how we can embed our policy within Chrome River. This ensures us that rules are being followed and the policy is being adhered to. This also resulted in a more consistent flow of process and procedure.

What do you dislike?

The hotels can be a bit frustrating when they are returned and being edited by the end user. A lot of times the entire hotel is not returned, and this makes it difficult for the end user to edit on their end. They normally are forced to put any remaining amount in the “non-reimbursable field” and then enter that amount on a new report for reimbursement. They then end up having to pay our Corporate Card directly which is fine but it’s not ideal for the user.

Much more visibility into pending or previous expense reports. It also shows who the report is with for approval which is a great help (Love tool tracking!) The paperless aspect is also a great benefit.

Chrome River review by Executive Sponsor in Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Real Estate

"Don't be a dinosaur"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome River is an extremely flexible expense reimbursement tool that will compete with the best of the best. There is very little that we wish to do that it cannot accommodate. I would definitely recommend Chrome River Expense to any one wanting to improve their expense reimbursement process.

We wanted to eliminate paper and automate the expense reimbursement process, help create adherence to our travel policy and mitigate the risk of duplicate payments.

Chrome River review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

Chrome River has completely revolutionized our AP processes, allowing us to process employee expense reports more efficiently. Users are able to track their own expense reports through the approval process, which they love. AP staff are able to spend time auditing reports for policy compliance and accuracy as opposed to simply performing data entry tasks. What used to be a very manual process has now been automated.

What do you dislike?

The analytical feature is a bit difficult to master, but is possible if willing to put in the time.

Our AP processes used to be very manual and we found that multiple individuals were doing similar tasks. Chrome River Expense has allowed us to automate much of our manual tasks and prevent duplicate efforts. It has also given us greater visibility of our expenses, allowing us to forecast more effectively and create more detailed reports.

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Finance reporting gone digital!"

What do you like best?

Our old system of reporting was very archaic- lots of paper and copies and was very time consuming! Chrome River is so with the times and takes the process from daunting to enjoyable! So easy to photograph or scan receipts in to the system and assign them to transactions, and everything is easy to find and use on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if, once in a created draft, it would save recently used fields or info per user (currently just saves the last used, but when going from transaction to transaction, I often have to change the coding and desc all the time, and at least with having the last few I could choose ones I used often from a list and would save even more time!)

Easy to use, cutting down environmental impact (printing) and making submitting reports faster and easier

Chrome River review by Yelizaveta L.
Yelizaveta L.

"A system that takes time to learn but becomes intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like that the system makes the reimbursement process a lot more intuitive. Its easy to use once you have been trained

What do you dislike?

I think that there needs to be an option to alphabetize buttons and user names in the way you prefer (Last name or first name). Also an option to stray away from a button/ picture to a written menu,

I am submitting expenses for reimbursement from our finance department.

Chrome River review by Alejandra C.
Alejandra C.

"Chrome River Allows for Transparency "

What do you like best?

I love having the abilities to create expense reports for others. By them being included as an option to "route to approver"- both parties feel included.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only thing I dislike of Chrome River is the need to explain for when specific boxes aren't checked. It delays the process.

Solving the problem of people not getting correct reimbursement for expenses.

Chrome River review by Shawn E.
Shawn E.

"AP Automation Perfected"

What do you like best?

Automated Workflow – The manual approval process for invoices and expenses in place before Chrome River was unreliable. Weeks would go by before an invoice was approved and sent to AP for processing. Now we are able to get an invoice to the business owner much more quickly and we can track where the invoice is in the workflow. This was a huge improvement for expense reports. T&E’s are processed much faster and employees are being reimbursed in a more timely fashion. Auditing expenses for accuracy and compliance is much simpler now that we have our compliances built into Chrome River.

What do you dislike?

One of the issues I did have was with the lack of information pertaining to the Reporting Analytics tool. At the time, there were only a few documents on how to use Analytics and they were out dated. I mentioned this to our CSM at the time and the documents have since been updated. Also, many other changes have been made in Analytics to help the end user. Overall, the Help Desk is extremely knowledgeable and quick to respond to inquiries.

Built in Compliance Rules Engine – Having invoices and expense reports manually signed and checked for compliance issues was cumbersome. With Chrome River, invoices and expenses are sent to the appropriate business owner based on our firm’s organizational structure. Compliance rules are built into expense and easy to maintain.

Chrome River review by User

"Simplified travel expense process"

What do you like best?

The speed in which approvals can be processed/authorized for travel for staff. Not having to chase down signatures from staff.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the system stalls when you are trying to work between processes or go into multiple persons to retrieve information. It works better when it is a simple process. The more complex you try to work the worse it stalls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely should use this system. Makes the travel process so much simpler. Eliminates paperwork, speed of process is wonderful. The mileage calculator is so helpful.

The ability to store receipts and match them up with credit card charges.

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

Chrome River keeps up with the latest and greatest technological enhances. They are always striving to improve their systems and interfaces to stay relevant and I appreciate the effort to continuously make our user experiences easier. One of my favorite features it he AMEX real time notifications for Expense Report Submissions

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to edit our user interface may take longer than desired. Often times, I will be submitting tickets to add/edit fields as our company grows and it takes longer than desired to updates these changes.

Expense Reporting is now at the tip of our employees own fingers. Taking a photo of a receipt and sending the support right away allows for greater control of our spend, reporting expenses within the month that they are incurred and the direct pay feature allows for users to be paid right away. This is great compared to our older system which requires a scan of receipts that users pile and create months after the fact. This system allows for optimal efficiency if our users can only see how easy it is to use.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Chrome River has helped us automate expenses and policy compliance"

What do you like best?

electronic images and automated routing rules - the system has really helped us move away from paper copies and sending a bunch of emails back and forth

What do you dislike?

seems basic in some areas without much flexibility to customize /change interface or forms (e.g. expense pre-approval)

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to automate your expense approval process and eliminate email approvals, build in compliance and policy control, and make it easier for users to submit expenses it would be a good idea to put Chrome River in place for your organization

compliance is now built into the expense process and helps guide users when entering their reports. users like the ease of the expense entry with offline items and credit card items

Chrome River review by Kaitlyn B.
Kaitlyn B.

"Easy to track your expenses"

What do you like best?

Not only does it make it easy to track travel expenses for work, but it can calculate mileage for you. I also like how easily it breaks down your expenses between catagories. My worker required me to upload receipts and it was a super simple process.

What do you dislike?

It did not notify me when my expenses had been approved. Not sure if that was the settings I had it on or not though.

I can send in expenses on my own and the supervisor can go right in and see all the information and approve it right away.

Chrome River review by Margaret H.
Margaret H.

"Chrome River is a decent expense management software"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and to upload receipts. I also like that you can recall a report to adjust it if you forgot something and that the expense auditor can write notes on the incorrect report items.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was easier to use. I also wish it was easier to create the same report item for multiple days in a row.

Gets me reimbursed quickly and easily.

Chrome River review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Great for on the go approvals"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to review and approve expense reports from my phone - formatted specifically for phone screen size and setup. Makes for easy and quick admin work!

What do you dislike?

Nothing - this works well and meets my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

lots of demos to compare usability and functionality, and talk with current software users to understand multiple perspectives - just typical due diligence as for any software purchase consideration.

Best business problem being solved is the delays on expense report approvals previously experienced - now, with mobile approvals being available, expense reports can be handled remotely at any time. No more delays, which employees appreciate and makes for tighter accounting as well.

Chrome River review by Erik N.
Erik N.

"Makes expense reimbursement easy"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly interface that works consistently well across both desktop and mobile. Extensive adminstrative control. The Support, Configuration, and Implementation staff is always courteous and responsive.

What do you dislike?

OCR features can be spotty and often require manual correction. Some limitations with the approval email formatting.

The biggest benefit is mobility. Our users are able to track and submit expenses on the road which was very difficult with our previous solution.

Chrome River review by Lynnora R.
Lynnora R.

"Choosing Chrome River as our expense reporting software was the best decision ever!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the system is easy to use and the receipt upload process is varied and easy. Chrome River's employees are dynamic, innovative and knowledgeable, which makes for a very positive relationship. Expense reporting has many moving parts and Chrome River consistently comes up with good ideas to fit the needs of its customers.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool takes a little getting used to. It is not quite as easy as the previous software that I used, but Chrome River offers classes and I am taking advantage of that to get better at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Chrome River software is extremely user friendly. Minimal training is required, and once a user tries the software, they love it! The feedback thus far has been very positive, both from the travelers and the administrative assistants who submit reports for others. Some of the business rules we have put in place have helped to significantly improve compliance, and stop bad habits. What is very important from an administrator perspective is to have access to help when I need it. This is where Chrome River shines; their support desk representatives are awesome! They are always available by "telephone," and if I have a trouble ticket, they work to resolve the ticket quickly. Chrome River has employed top level people who are dynamic, innovative and many of them have extensive knowledge of IBM GERS, which has made our implementations go very smoothly. I highly recommend Chrome River!

Compliance issues and accessing the software. The previous software was Java dependent, which was always a problem for our users who needed various versions of java for software required for their job. Chrome River is "not" java dependent, so that problem has been eliminated.

Benefits include time savings, minimal training required, additional receipt upload options, mobile app, Snap & Send functionality, etc. The list goes on....

Chrome River review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Easy to use T&E expense reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate for expense reporting. Also, very flexible to make changes for Chrome River administrators (add new accounts, departments, etc.)

What do you dislike?

There was no app for Android phones, only for iPhones. Also, completing expense reports only through the phone was limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful if you have a lot of android phone users who like to submit reports through their phone

Trying to make it quick and easy for users to complete and submit expenses. Also, for try to make it easy for Accounting to administer expense reporting process.

We switched from Concur to Chrome River and found benefits to be easier to train users on how to complete their reports, found it easier to route expense reports through the approval process, and found it much more flexible to customize the interface to our needs.

Chrome River review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Chief Financial Officer"

What do you like best?

Getting this decision right was important to us and so I spent a great deal of time evaluating the many expense management products available in the marketplace. We found Chrome River to have the perfect balance of key decision factors that made it the best choice for us: cost, ease of use, vendor fit, implementation support and easy integration to existing systems.

Chrome River Expense is solidly built with an emphasis on security and scalability. We recently signed a contract for the Invoice product as well, and will begin implementation shortly.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to find faults but it would be nice to have the subscription model more closely match our deeply seasonal usage pattern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your current business process well and clearly document a short list of minimum requirements that are important to your organization before you begin your search.

As a national organization with hundreds of business units and thousands of users, we needed to get out of the business of tracking paper and writing checks. Historically we’ve operated as a group of individual companies. This is not only inefficient but requires higher staffing costs and prevents us from exploiting national buying opportunities with vendors. Chrome River is the perfect tool for helping us use technology to work smarter and control costs as we expand our business.

Chrome River review by Dorothy K.
Dorothy K.

"Chrome River is the solution for virtual companies"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to track workflow progress, routing for approvals

What do you dislike?

In ability to see invoices on someone else's dashboard so you can walk them through what they are looking at. you can see expense reports, just not invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our set up was complex but that was only due to us changing our parameters several times. My recommendation would be to have a firm plan in place before starting implementation so there are not repeated changes which will just frustrate you as well a your implementation specialist. :)

We are a 100% virtual company (no offices) so we were trying to solve workflow issues and approvals. When sending invoices and expense reports through email, they often got lost or overlooked and it was difficult to determine where in the workflow the issue occurred. Now anyone can track where their request is in the process and reach out to that person to move things along or find out what the problems are. Also, great tracking of questions and answers on items.

Chrome River review by User

"What's Not To Like?"

What do you like best?

I like that you can link your credit card to Chrome River to keep track of. It's also very easy to add these expenses to your report at a later date.

What do you dislike?

Currently, you are not able to add additional expenses to rejected reports in order to correct any issues that causes the report to be rejected in the first place.

Chrome River solves the issue of tracking, verifying, and reimbursing expenses for over 1800 employees. Approvers can also quickly and easily approve or reject expenses. We also have used and enjoyed the pre-approval feature allowing us to authorize expenditures prior to incurring them.

Chrome River review by Emily V.
Emily V.

"Good easy to use."

What do you like best?

this program was easy to use. many features are automated, which is a step ahead of the previous product that we were using, It makes it really easy to ensure that all CC expenses are taken into account, Makes it easy to track and keep records of tax returns, offers various areas to specialize the report, add notations and process elements quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. but it would be nice to have an additional customization inside Chrome River.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good, I recommend it.

create expense reports electronically and load receipts in an extremely easy way.

Chrome River review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Frequent user of Chrome River expense"

What do you like best?

Chrome River expense is self-explanatory and is simple to use. The expenses are broken down by sub-category and easy to classify.

What do you dislike?

The inconvenience when an expense is returned is an issue. For example, if there is a certain code that should be changed for a hotel expense, Chrome River does not allow for users to go in and change one specific expense. This then forces users to delete the entire hotel expense and itemize each entry all over again.

Chrome River organizes expenses in an efficient manner.

Chrome River review by User in Higher Education

"ChromeRiver is ok"

What do you like best?

Uploading documents is probably the easiest part of the process.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software was a little more user friendly. I have learned how to use the software correctly, but it was definitely a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without knowing a lot about what else is available on the market, I can really only speak to Chrome River. The product overall is a good product. I think it just needs some tweaks with regard to ease of use and those tweaks are easy enough.

Electronic submissions of travel reimbursements helps expedite the entire process. That has been a great benefit. I believe the business problems we are trying to solve include reducing paper and faster processing of travel claims.

Chrome River review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Effective software to manage expense reimbursement needs"

What do you like best?

The user interface lets me review recently submitted expenses, which is a useful tool that helps me track my work-related, reimbursable expenses and follow up as needed if a reimbursement does not appear to have gone through

What do you dislike?

The user interface does not appear to let me go back further than the start of the calendar year in terms of reviewing older submitted expenses (or, if it does allow users to do so, it's not immediately apparent how to navigate to such a view)

ChromeRiver allows me to better manage my assistant, who has primary responsibility for submitting expense reimbursement requests on my behalf, and helps me track the progress of my submitted and unsubmitted requests.

Chrome River review by Amanda Rae C.
Amanda Rae C.

"Chrome River review"

What do you like best?

I love how we can insert our company policy in Chrome. This assures us that the policy is being followed adhered to.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything I don't like about Chrome. It's very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try Chrome!

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Save Time and Resources with this great piece of software. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very intuitive, company wide approval

What do you dislike?

I would say that the biggest downside is that receipts seem to vanish. Perhaps having a backup receipts function would help

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think time and resources are being squandered in your T&E system, try this software, you will not be disappointed.

Tons of time and resources saved. After switching from a paper based T&E group so many problems have been solved. Auditing expenses has become the norm instead of a rare occurrence

Chrome River review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Expensive "

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop features. I also like that you can submit expenses via an app.

What do you dislike?

Chrome river charges my company $10 to submit one expense report. This seems very pricey, considering we are supposed to submit expenses every period, 13 in a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training

I realized how liked our older software more.

Learn more about Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE Videos

Learning about Chrome River EXPENSE?

* We monitor all Chrome River EXPENSE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.