Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE

Control costs with automated, real-time spend policy compliance monitoring and approval routing. Meet your organization’s requirements, and even any billable client policy requirements, by using our flexible compliance and routing engines.

Work for Chrome River EXPENSE?

Learning about Chrome River?

Chrome River EXPENSE Reviews

Ask Chrome River a Question
Showing 155 Chrome River reviews
Chrome River review by <span>Jake W.</span>
Jake W.

"Clean User Interface for Managing Expense Reimbursements"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive it is to find the menus and options you need. The menu at the top-left of screen provides you a clear list of options. There's no confusion as to where you would find your saved accounts, receipts, forms, etc. I also appreciate having information from my company on the home screen, such as travel policy, getting started guide, and other tutorial documents.

What do you dislike?

This is not a deal breaker by any means, but the space to the right of the home screen where our company's information exists looks a little out of place. I think the content and resources are great, but the layout could be improved.

Travel reimbursements used to require a month or two of waiting in order to get paid for your expenses. We had a paper-based system, and forms typically sat in stacks for days... Chrome River has made the process amazingly quick.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome River EXPENSE
Chrome River review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.

"So much better than our old process"

What do you like best?

The ability to link personal or corporate credit cards to the application and have them automatically sync with receipt images is a huge time saver in our organization. Previously, we had a clunky process that barely functioned and did not move receipt images over to our time and billing system. Now with ChromeRiver, we have a streamlined process that includes the images which allows for easier pass-through billing of our clients.

What do you dislike?

It's not necessarily intuitive when you begin using the product, but after a few days it becomes second nature. They tout not having an application as a feature, but honestly, it would make the user experience better. The HTML5 mobile version is frustrating enough that I don't use it.

We are able to download and import file for our ERP system as often as we would like and get the information pushed through to billing in a more streamlined fashion.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Chrome River review by <span>Zach W.</span>
Zach W.

"Plentiful Features, Clunky Execution "

What do you like best?

There is a lot of versatility with the product. Tons of built in options for expenses in a variety of categories. The ability to have SSO access is convenient. The mileage function is excellent with the inclusion of Google Maps.

What do you dislike?

It's very possible that we are still using an older version of the program, but it's not super intuitive, and the lack of an Android app is puzzling. It's clunky to have to click around as much as you do to get items in the correct categories. It's not difficult, but it does take a while to complete correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to have an app on your phone would be excellent. From the looks of things on their website, this is something they offer and it's possible my company just doesn't support it yet. They do have a dedicated email address to send away receipt photos to and have them uploaded automatically. There is a lot of clicking to get things in the appropriate category, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

CR has made it easier for purchasing to contain everything in one location. It manages our expense cards as well as having the ability to input 100% payback expenses for those who don't travel as often.

Chrome River review by <span>Luke S.</span>
Luke S.

"Great tool for expenses (and invoices)"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This would be my number one takeaway as my team is in charge of training all end users on this application. It is impossibly easy to use. They also have some great options to customize the application to fit into your unique environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major qualms. I would say that some of our internal rules slowed down our initial rollout but now feel we have a good system in place to use all of CRs capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to review your processes and procedures so you don't complicate things from the start. Don't over complicate training, keep it simple and allow your users to practice with the tool before roll out.

Eliminating paper expense reports. A lot of the work is now automated or put through a workflow to remove timely bottlenecks.

Chrome River review by <span>Jonathan O.</span>
Jonathan O.

"Chrome River simplifies expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Chrome River is intuitive and easy to use. There is a cool feature that you can snap a photo of receipts and email them directly to Chrome River, but I don't use this feature, as I like to be able to scan the receipts in myself and make sure everything is clear and legible before uploading them.

What do you dislike?

As you enter expense items, by default it sorts them by the order entered. You can manually sort them by date, but I would prefer that they automatically sort by date.

Before using Chrome River, my firm used a Word template for expense reimbursements. While I was familiar with the form from using it for years, it didn't calculate totals automatically and was a hassle if you needed to add a new day onto the beginning or middle of the date range. Now, it's very easy to add receipts without needing to sort them all out first - you can just enter them.

Chrome River review by <span>Karen K.</span>
Karen K.

"Paperless efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that Chrome River takes the paper shuffle of our expense reimbursement process out of the equation. It's completely electronic from start to finish. Approvals flow through e-mail and are super-easy (just click the green "Accept" button!) for our attorneys and staff. This has ultimately shortened the time from expense report entry to reimbursement, resulting in happier employees.

Also, automated routing ensures that all appropriate approvals for the particular expense amount or type are obtained. It's a very sleek, sophisticated, yet simple to use system. I would recommend it to any organization looking to improve their expense reimbursement experience!

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not the greatest. We don't use it a lot, but sometimes feels a bit "clunky" when we use the predefined reports (sometimes the reporting module simply doesn't open and you have to try again later). Ad hoc reports seem confusing to set up, without taking a lot of time learning how to use them. This is not a huge hindrance for us, though.

Easier visibility into pending expense reports (who is holding up the reimbursement?), paperless environment (no more expense reports milling around the firm, with potential for getting lost), all approvals ensured (no more "sending them back" for additional approvals because they weren't obtained the first time).

Chrome River review by <span>Chad G.</span>
Chad G.

"Expense Reporting Efficiency"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we have automated the process to where approval authority and routing now takes place electronically. In the past we used an excel file that was printed out and signed by the employee and then interoffice mailed to their supervisor for approval which at times would substantially delay the approval of an expense report.

What do you dislike?

The item that I dislike the most is that we are currently using the Platinum version of Chrome River and have not moved to using the Mercury version of Chrome River. Most of the enhancements that come out are geared towards the Mercury version of CR and I would like to see us be able to use more of the features. Often times the reporting function is the area that seems to pose the biggest challenge to our Company. I would like to see Chrome River have more enhancements made to this feature to allow for easier use of the reporting function. We want to do more with the specific information that we capture in our expense reports and sometimes find that we are not able to write the reports as easily as we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to customize Chrome River Expense to be exactly how you want the software to fit your needs. They were great to work with and they have continued to help along the way!

We had several different approval limits throughout the Company and it was very tedious for the Accounts payable department to verify all of these approvals. Now that we have automated the approval authority limits we have realized time savings in the turnaround of expense reports in all phases of the process. It has been great to automate this process.

Chrome River review by <span>Lucius A. J.</span>
Lucius A. J.

"ChromeRiver expense"

What do you like best?

This was the challenge from our CFO last year. He wanted us to find ways to do things more efficiently and to eliminate paper. What better way then to tackle the expense reimbursement process? What we love about Chrome River is that you can take pictures of receipts with your smart phone and upload/email them to your account. eMail approvals are super easy, plus you can can view any receipt you want to by clicking the link. We also love the fact that we can design approval workflows to meet just about any scenario we need, and we are able to detect duplicate and enforce compliance with our Travel Policy. But most of all the love the people - they are very professional and highly customer-focused. They want to ensure all their clients are happy and satisfied with their product.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 things we don't like. The reporting is not that robust or user-friendly. Most of our users do not like the hotel wizard. They find it very cumbersome and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

A/p over processing time.

Chrome River review by <span>Jesse R.</span>
Jesse R.

"Modern Expense Management"

What do you like best?

There are so many pluses to Chrome River that it is hard to pin point the best features. Aside from the slick and clean GUI that our firm end users see, one of the best features of Chrome River is that it contains a very robust and configurable rules engine. The rules engine allows for everything from very simple to very intricate routing of reports based on a litany of data points ranging from the expense owner, their office, department, job title, to the actual expense types and GL codes being used. The configurability of these rules is also applicable to the various forms that are used allowing for further configurations that can also be based on the end user submitting a request.

What do you dislike?

For basic Ad Hoc reporting the Chrome River BI solution is perfectly capable however more advanced custom BI reporting has been my personal biggest down side. To be clear, the application contains a large number of stock reports that answer a lot of basic business needs questions, like aging etc... however for custom reporting specific to your firm, those used to Cognos or using SQL with BIDS may find that the system has slow response and lacks functions like case statements and the ability to run sub queries and the inability to run Expense and Invoice (separate module) on the same report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your due diligence and consider other vendors too, however we found that Chrome River offered the most features/functions at the best costs compared to some of their biggest rivals.

The single biggest problem solved with my firm is moving from a home brew expense management system to a enterprise level system that is fully scalable at an affordable price. The rules engine and workflow that come out of it allow for better management of expenses, better visibility to the appropriate stakeholders, and in the case of my firm quicker and more accurate billing to clients.

Chrome River review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add multiple expenses and receipts to one entry. The receipt upload function makes it simple to add pictures of your receipts or online PDFs if the receipt is online. The user also does not have to match the receipts with the expense entries or anything like that - it is done automatically. Which also simplifies the process!

What do you dislike?

I wish the options for type of expense entries were simplified. There are many different categories and types of expenses to choose from and I feel that the options overlap some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes the expense reports are cumbersome and ask for a considerable amount of detail, so I find that it is helpful to use the "save/close" function to keep track of my expenses as I go instead of trying to upload everything at once.

Chrome River EXPENSE allows employees to efficiently enter business related expenses into the system for reimbursement. The accuracy of the software benefits the company by tracking relevant business expenses as well as the employee.

Chrome River review by <span>Danielle S.</span>
Danielle S.

"Paperless expense transactions"

What do you like best?

You can begin doing your expenses as soon as they occur or even prior to your trip by creating a draft. The system is user friendly. Easy to learn. No paper trails.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed a few times the mileage/map feature doesn't take on the first try. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a paper.hard copy expense system, consider looking into Chrome River.

Expenses always used to be submitted with a hard copy, multiple receipts, maps, explanations. This system is all online/streamlined with a lot of features that automatically calculate/load what you need to input. You can also upload photos of receipts as soon as you have one.

"Time Saving"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, looking at each receipt with the appropriate expense. I also like that I can return a portion of the expense report if there is anything I would not approve. I like the ability to adjust.

What do you dislike?

Once you get to the end of all receipts, you have to exit in order to submit, then submit again. It can also be confusing when you need to return only a portion of the expense report. It looks like the entire amount has been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to keep track of the reports recieived. Setting up the notifications, eleiminates the constant calls or emails regarding status

I have not really noticed any problems it has solved. But the benefits are quicker turn around time on processing, the ease of returning an expense report.

Chrome River review by <span>Carolina B.</span>
Carolina B.

"Chrome River has automated our purchasing card processes and has provided better expense management"

What do you like best?

I like that we have instant access to all of our purchasing card transactions. No matter where we are, we can easily access reports, make changes, and process expenses.

I also like that there are several ways to upload receipts and that we can see exactly where the report is at in the approval process.

What do you dislike?

I wish the AdHoc reports were a little bit more user-friendly. There is much potential there, but it is hard to find the right columns to create reports.

We are now able to track expenses more accurately and with more information. One example is in our sustainability efforts. We are able to see how many people travel in our campus, what means of transportation they use, how many miles they drive for business reasons, etc.

"Chrome River Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily switch between users since I have 2 managers I also frequently submit expenses for. I also love being able to easily see the status of each specific expense so when my managers ask for an update, I can tell them where it's currently at in the process. And finally, I like that you can link the receipts to the correct expense. I think it prevents a lot of confusion which saves time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't always see all expenses submitted beyond a certain date. I'd love it if I could see those more easily in the quick view under expenses.

It makes submitting expenses quick and easy which allows things to be reimbursed from the budget on time and in the month they were accrued.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Love the River! No more Paper!"

What do you like best?

It’s great how we can embed our policy within Chrome River. This ensures us that rules are being followed and the policy is being adhered to. This also resulted in a more consistent flow of process and procedure.

What do you dislike?

The hotels can be a bit frustrating when they are returned and being edited by the end user. A lot of times the entire hotel is not returned, and this makes it difficult for the end user to edit on their end. They normally are forced to put any remaining amount in the “non-reimbursable field” and then enter that amount on a new report for reimbursement. They then end up having to pay our Corporate Card directly which is fine but it’s not ideal for the user.

Much more visibility into pending or previous expense reports. It also shows who the report is with for approval which is a great help (Love tool tracking!) The paperless aspect is also a great benefit.

Chrome River review by Executive Sponsor in Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Real Estate

"Don't be a dinosaur"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome River is an extremely flexible expense reimbursement tool that will compete with the best of the best. There is very little that we wish to do that it cannot accommodate. I would definitely recommend Chrome River Expense to any one wanting to improve their expense reimbursement process.

We wanted to eliminate paper and automate the expense reimbursement process, help create adherence to our travel policy and mitigate the risk of duplicate payments.

Chrome River review by <span>Courtney N.</span>
Courtney N.

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

Chrome River has completely revolutionized our AP processes, allowing us to process employee expense reports more efficiently. Users are able to track their own expense reports through the approval process, which they love. AP staff are able to spend time auditing reports for policy compliance and accuracy as opposed to simply performing data entry tasks. What used to be a very manual process has now been automated.

What do you dislike?

The analytical feature is a bit difficult to master, but is possible if willing to put in the time.

Our AP processes used to be very manual and we found that multiple individuals were doing similar tasks. Chrome River Expense has allowed us to automate much of our manual tasks and prevent duplicate efforts. It has also given us greater visibility of our expenses, allowing us to forecast more effectively and create more detailed reports.

Chrome River review by <span>Shawn E.</span>
Shawn E.

"AP Automation Perfected"

What do you like best?

Automated Workflow – The manual approval process for invoices and expenses in place before Chrome River was unreliable. Weeks would go by before an invoice was approved and sent to AP for processing. Now we are able to get an invoice to the business owner much more quickly and we can track where the invoice is in the workflow. This was a huge improvement for expense reports. T&E’s are processed much faster and employees are being reimbursed in a more timely fashion. Auditing expenses for accuracy and compliance is much simpler now that we have our compliances built into Chrome River.

What do you dislike?

One of the issues I did have was with the lack of information pertaining to the Reporting Analytics tool. At the time, there were only a few documents on how to use Analytics and they were out dated. I mentioned this to our CSM at the time and the documents have since been updated. Also, many other changes have been made in Analytics to help the end user. Overall, the Help Desk is extremely knowledgeable and quick to respond to inquiries.

Built in Compliance Rules Engine – Having invoices and expense reports manually signed and checked for compliance issues was cumbersome. With Chrome River, invoices and expenses are sent to the appropriate business owner based on our firm’s organizational structure. Compliance rules are built into expense and easy to maintain.

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

Chrome River keeps up with the latest and greatest technological enhances. They are always striving to improve their systems and interfaces to stay relevant and I appreciate the effort to continuously make our user experiences easier. One of my favorite features it he AMEX real time notifications for Expense Report Submissions

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to edit our user interface may take longer than desired. Often times, I will be submitting tickets to add/edit fields as our company grows and it takes longer than desired to updates these changes.

Expense Reporting is now at the tip of our employees own fingers. Taking a photo of a receipt and sending the support right away allows for greater control of our spend, reporting expenses within the month that they are incurred and the direct pay feature allows for users to be paid right away. This is great compared to our older system which requires a scan of receipts that users pile and create months after the fact. This system allows for optimal efficiency if our users can only see how easy it is to use.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Chrome River has helped us automate expenses and policy compliance"

What do you like best?

electronic images and automated routing rules - the system has really helped us move away from paper copies and sending a bunch of emails back and forth

What do you dislike?

seems basic in some areas without much flexibility to customize /change interface or forms (e.g. expense pre-approval)

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to automate your expense approval process and eliminate email approvals, build in compliance and policy control, and make it easier for users to submit expenses it would be a good idea to put Chrome River in place for your organization

compliance is now built into the expense process and helps guide users when entering their reports. users like the ease of the expense entry with offline items and credit card items

Chrome River review by <span>Margaret H.</span>
Margaret H.

"Chrome River is a decent expense management software"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and to upload receipts. I also like that you can recall a report to adjust it if you forgot something and that the expense auditor can write notes on the incorrect report items.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was easier to use. I also wish it was easier to create the same report item for multiple days in a row.

Gets me reimbursed quickly and easily.

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Chrome River and Expenses"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Chrome River is being able to submit receipts for expenses via email or my mobile device. A close second is the interface used on the mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the response times when I have to contact the helpdesk for tech issues that our users encounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product keeps improving and new features added to make the experience better for customers.

We have improved the time it takes to reimburse our associates and moved into the digital age. Turn around time has been great and all automated! Also, the analytics and reporting has been improved and customizable to our needs.

Chrome River review by <span>Rebecca H.</span>
Rebecca H.

"Great for on the go approvals"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to review and approve expense reports from my phone - formatted specifically for phone screen size and setup. Makes for easy and quick admin work!

What do you dislike?

Nothing - this works well and meets my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

lots of demos to compare usability and functionality, and talk with current software users to understand multiple perspectives - just typical due diligence as for any software purchase consideration.

Best business problem being solved is the delays on expense report approvals previously experienced - now, with mobile approvals being available, expense reports can be handled remotely at any time. No more delays, which employees appreciate and makes for tighter accounting as well.

Chrome River review by <span>Erik N.</span>
Erik N.

"Makes expense reimbursement easy"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly interface that works consistently well across both desktop and mobile. Extensive adminstrative control. The Support, Configuration, and Implementation staff is always courteous and responsive.

What do you dislike?

OCR features can be spotty and often require manual correction. Some limitations with the approval email formatting.

The biggest benefit is mobility. Our users are able to track and submit expenses on the road which was very difficult with our previous solution.

Chrome River review by <span>Lynnora R.</span>
Lynnora R.

"Choosing Chrome River as our expense reporting software was the best decision ever!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the system is easy to use and the receipt upload process is varied and easy. Chrome River's employees are dynamic, innovative and knowledgeable, which makes for a very positive relationship. Expense reporting has many moving parts and Chrome River consistently comes up with good ideas to fit the needs of its customers.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool takes a little getting used to. It is not quite as easy as the previous software that I used, but Chrome River offers classes and I am taking advantage of that to get better at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Chrome River software is extremely user friendly. Minimal training is required, and once a user tries the software, they love it! The feedback thus far has been very positive, both from the travelers and the administrative assistants who submit reports for others. Some of the business rules we have put in place have helped to significantly improve compliance, and stop bad habits. What is very important from an administrator perspective is to have access to help when I need it. This is where Chrome River shines; their support desk representatives are awesome! They are always available by "telephone," and if I have a trouble ticket, they work to resolve the ticket quickly. Chrome River has employed top level people who are dynamic, innovative and many of them have extensive knowledge of IBM GERS, which has made our implementations go very smoothly. I highly recommend Chrome River!

Compliance issues and accessing the software. The previous software was Java dependent, which was always a problem for our users who needed various versions of java for software required for their job. Chrome River is "not" java dependent, so that problem has been eliminated.

Benefits include time savings, minimal training required, additional receipt upload options, mobile app, Snap & Send functionality, etc. The list goes on....

Chrome River review by <span>Mike D.</span>
Mike D.

"Easy to use T&E expense reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate for expense reporting. Also, very flexible to make changes for Chrome River administrators (add new accounts, departments, etc.)

What do you dislike?

There was no app for Android phones, only for iPhones. Also, completing expense reports only through the phone was limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful if you have a lot of android phone users who like to submit reports through their phone

Trying to make it quick and easy for users to complete and submit expenses. Also, for try to make it easy for Accounting to administer expense reporting process.

We switched from Concur to Chrome River and found benefits to be easier to train users on how to complete their reports, found it easier to route expense reports through the approval process, and found it much more flexible to customize the interface to our needs.

Chrome River review by <span>Steven M.</span>
Steven M.

"Chief Financial Officer"

What do you like best?

Getting this decision right was important to us and so I spent a great deal of time evaluating the many expense management products available in the marketplace. We found Chrome River to have the perfect balance of key decision factors that made it the best choice for us: cost, ease of use, vendor fit, implementation support and easy integration to existing systems.

Chrome River Expense is solidly built with an emphasis on security and scalability. We recently signed a contract for the Invoice product as well, and will begin implementation shortly.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to find faults but it would be nice to have the subscription model more closely match our deeply seasonal usage pattern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your current business process well and clearly document a short list of minimum requirements that are important to your organization before you begin your search.

As a national organization with hundreds of business units and thousands of users, we needed to get out of the business of tracking paper and writing checks. Historically we’ve operated as a group of individual companies. This is not only inefficient but requires higher staffing costs and prevents us from exploiting national buying opportunities with vendors. Chrome River is the perfect tool for helping us use technology to work smarter and control costs as we expand our business.

Chrome River review by <span>Dorothy K.</span>
Dorothy K.

"Chrome River is the solution for virtual companies"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to track workflow progress, routing for approvals

What do you dislike?

In ability to see invoices on someone else's dashboard so you can walk them through what they are looking at. you can see expense reports, just not invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our set up was complex but that was only due to us changing our parameters several times. My recommendation would be to have a firm plan in place before starting implementation so there are not repeated changes which will just frustrate you as well a your implementation specialist. :)

We are a 100% virtual company (no offices) so we were trying to solve workflow issues and approvals. When sending invoices and expense reports through email, they often got lost or overlooked and it was difficult to determine where in the workflow the issue occurred. Now anyone can track where their request is in the process and reach out to that person to move things along or find out what the problems are. Also, great tracking of questions and answers on items.

"What's Not To Like?"

What do you like best?

I like that you can link your credit card to Chrome River to keep track of. It's also very easy to add these expenses to your report at a later date.

What do you dislike?

Currently, you are not able to add additional expenses to rejected reports in order to correct any issues that causes the report to be rejected in the first place.

Chrome River solves the issue of tracking, verifying, and reimbursing expenses for over 1800 employees. Approvers can also quickly and easily approve or reject expenses. We also have used and enjoyed the pre-approval feature allowing us to authorize expenditures prior to incurring them.

Chrome River review by <span>Emily V.</span>
Emily V.

"Good easy to use."

What do you like best?

this program was easy to use. many features are automated, which is a step ahead of the previous product that we were using, It makes it really easy to ensure that all CC expenses are taken into account, Makes it easy to track and keep records of tax returns, offers various areas to specialize the report, add notations and process elements quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. but it would be nice to have an additional customization inside Chrome River.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good, I recommend it.

create expense reports electronically and load receipts in an extremely easy way.

"ChromeRiver is ok"

What do you like best?

Uploading documents is probably the easiest part of the process.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software was a little more user friendly. I have learned how to use the software correctly, but it was definitely a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without knowing a lot about what else is available on the market, I can really only speak to Chrome River. The product overall is a good product. I think it just needs some tweaks with regard to ease of use and those tweaks are easy enough.

Electronic submissions of travel reimbursements helps expedite the entire process. That has been a great benefit. I believe the business problems we are trying to solve include reducing paper and faster processing of travel claims.

User in Law Practice

"Effective software to manage expense reimbursement needs"

What do you like best?

The user interface lets me review recently submitted expenses, which is a useful tool that helps me track my work-related, reimbursable expenses and follow up as needed if a reimbursement does not appear to have gone through

What do you dislike?

The user interface does not appear to let me go back further than the start of the calendar year in terms of reviewing older submitted expenses (or, if it does allow users to do so, it's not immediately apparent how to navigate to such a view)

ChromeRiver allows me to better manage my assistant, who has primary responsibility for submitting expense reimbursement requests on my behalf, and helps me track the progress of my submitted and unsubmitted requests.

Chrome River review by <span>Amanda Rae C.</span>
Amanda Rae C.

"Chrome River review"

What do you like best?

I love how we can insert our company policy in Chrome. This assures us that the policy is being followed adhered to.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything I don't like about Chrome. It's very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try Chrome!

Chrome River review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Expensive "

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop features. I also like that you can submit expenses via an app.

What do you dislike?

Chrome river charges my company $10 to submit one expense report. This seems very pricey, considering we are supposed to submit expenses every period, 13 in a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training

I realized how liked our older software more.

Chrome River review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Chrome River is a typical expense reporting tool. "

What do you like best?

I like that i can save reoccurring costs and that I can use a map to calculate the distance I have traveled.

What do you dislike?

I find the layout of the website and the overall design to be less than user friendly. I do not find Chrome River EXPENSE to be very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider having a good training program and user guides available for staff as Chrome River EXPENSE is not a user friendly application.

Chrome River EXPENSE is our primary expense report tool. All of our travel and additional expenses have to be reported in these application.

Chrome River review by <span>Angie B.</span>
Angie B.

"Good but not for small businesses "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the layout, saving receipts and reimbursements was easy because you could see where you saved them in the menu on the left.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really dislike anything major, but I don't think it was the software I was requiring for my small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for someone who is new to using expense tracking software and I would definitely recommend it.

I used this software to track expenses and receipts. It is great for a company of multiple employees but not necessarily what I needed.

Chrome River review by <span>Lydia G.</span>
Lydia G.

"Chrome River's Travel Solution is a must"

What do you like best?

Once you get up an running, it is easy to learn and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Non-standard reports are difficult to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a customer that is already using Chrome River and see their setup.

We previously used paper travel. We are now automated and it is great. No more wondering where the paper is, you can track your expense report in Chrome River. I love being able to take a picture of receipts with my phone and complete my expense report from anywhere. No need to wait until I am back in the office.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Chrome River: Solid, Some Bugs"

What do you like best?

I like the visual aspect of Chrome River. It makes it a lot easier to show someone who is not super computer literate a picture of a plane versus telling them to find an allocation drop-down that says Airline.

What do you dislike?

The full allocations seem redundant. You have to pull out every sub-item of a hotel expense: meal, parking, lodging.

The best part of Chrome River is however it is synced with our project files. As you start to type in a project number, the full details autopopulate. This has almost eliminated user error with keystrokes.

Chrome River review by <span>Thomas A. S.</span>
Thomas A. S.

"Chrome River Expense provides a simple, clean interface for managing expenses"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use, clean, modern. The reporting tools for assistants completing expense reports for others is very simple and yet detailed.

What do you dislike?

Some of the back end reporting tools are difficult to manage. Emails go to the wrong person when using delegates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to map out your exact requirements. Make sure to do full pilot testing.

The problem we resolved with Chrome River is better expense requests and a lot less time spent creating requests than our previous system.

Chrome River review by <span>Tammie W.</span>
Tammie W.

"Great program to use."

What do you like best?

We use Chrome River for our expenses. It is user friendly to use, and easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Chrome River has met our expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about switching, you would not regret it. Chrome River is up with the time and is easy to use.

We use Chrome River for our expenses.

Chrome River review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"IT Executive who conducted the RFP selection process."

What do you like best?

ChromeRiver is designed for the professional server company. If you sell hours and your people are mobile this is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

It can be too configurable at times and will take you a few tries to get the flow the way you want it. This is a good and bad thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool can be implemented in to your daily workflow. It has a very powerful workflow engine, which is the backbone of the application. You do need a strong person who can document the workflows but well worth it.

Addressed the mobile requirements of submitting and approving expense reports for a very mobile team. Allows executive resistances to step in for executive submits. Freeing up your executive team to do what they need to do and not mundane tasks like expense reports.

Chrome River review by User in Financial Services

"Simple to Use Expensing"

What do you like best?

All I need to do is provide some brief details and I can use my phone to take a picture to submit the expense, which is very convenient!

What do you dislike?

I would like the product to be capable of only needing to use the picture I take with my phone to analyze the information from the receipt and autofill that portion of the expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to lighten the load of manually tracking expenses, Chrome River offers a convenient solution to tracking and reporting on expenses.

Chrome River Expense allows our company to quickly and accurately manage expenses. The data flows from user input to final summaries prevent errors in data related to expenses, which quick access to evidence that supports the data.

Chrome River review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"ChromeRiver Saves Time!"

What do you like best?

I love that everything on ChromeRiver is submitted electronically and routed electronically.

What do you dislike?

It's easy for expenses that are routed to someone via email, to be missed. I have had several experiences where expenses just sat in someone's inbox, waiting to be approved.

Before using ChromeRiver, expenses had to be shuffled around via snail mail and using paper. It was very easy for it to get buried on someone's desk and forgotten about. Having expenses routed for approval electronically, streamlines this process and saves time.

Chrome River review by Consultant in Insurance
Consultant in Insurance

"Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to configure the system your way is ideal. You can almost build any possible business rules you want in order to keep compliant and reduce expenses.

What do you dislike?

The reporting was a challenge to get the hang of and somewhat built for an IT minded individual. Once you gain an understanding, the possibilities seem endless. You can build and schedule reports to be delivered via email which is awesome. I recommend having Chrome River build you a template report with all fields and you can then work off of that to build anything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it's only getting better

Compliance. Clean audits since and corporate policies are being adhered to or called out and addressed at the time of expense submission.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Off to a great start, can't wait to explore some more!"

What do you like best?

I like that we can customize the UI and make it work for us. That is a wonderful feature that allows for a lit of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

At the moment the only dislike I have is the back and forth with the help desk. I usually get the help I need but it's not after a lot of back and forth communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it try, they never disappoint!

Chrome river expense allows us to create some ad hoc reports to see what our people are spending most of their money on, and then analyze whether that makes sense or not.

Chrome River review by User

"Useful tool for expense management"

What do you like best?

The multiple functionalities that it includes, such as managing expenses, but also running invoices and auditing, It also allows to scan receipts that can be scanned, simplifying tasks. The integration among multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a function to track time sheets. It takes time to get used oon how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the manual properly before using it.

It allows people at the firm to request reimbursements for expenses in a simple and mechanical way, reducing the workload of the people in charge of managing expenses.

Chrome River review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

"Chrome River Review"

What do you like best?

The storage capability and approval process and the being able to export daily.

What do you dislike?

Duplication - seems to be happening quite often whether the vendor is sending them in or double scanning them between departments - there should be an action where a duplicated invoice that has already been exported should be immediately removed from the system - sitting in a recycle bin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have an OPTI Code reader to be able to pull the GL accounts from invoices and be able to select batches when running check runs so we can review invoices with the checks in case we have questions..

centralizing all AP invoices and being able to access them remotely or anywhere when needed for auditing purposes.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Fast and easy Expense submission"

What do you like best?

I think the ease of use, GUI look is the best thing I like. It didn't take much for a normal user to learn how to submit expense reports.

What do you dislike?

The advanced reporting, it's too slow and clunky, Not user friendly. needs a overhaul.

Expense reporting and expense submissions. In Submissions, we experiences increased efficiency in getting expenses approved. From a reporting perspective, we can investigate issues that arise such as who has what roles to determine how many people we need to manually change.

Chrome River review by <span>Joel T.</span>
Joel T.

"A solid and easy end-user experience for expense reporting"

What do you like best?

The features I appreciated most were tied to the ease of quickly navigating a hierarchical list of expense categories and being presented with a short form that asked for field data that related to that expense type. This degree of specificity and customization offered great strides over conventional expense reporting.

It is also nice to finally be able to accurately and easily report on split expenses since it is common to have to share the expense of working meals or taxi rides with others, and such situations always generated headaches in my past when it came time to report them, which was a shame considering that the goal was to reduce everyone's burden to start with. Chrome River nicely does away with this frustration by adding this capacity to their expense forms.

The feature to allow for snapping a shot of a receipt and having it scanned into Chrome River automatically can be a godsend that saves on the need to feed receipts into a scanner by hand.

I no longer dread having to report on my expenses following a business trip as I had for many years. While nothing is likely to make this a truly pleasant experience, Chrome River Expense does much to relieve many of the most tedious and frustrating aspects of expense reporting.

What do you dislike?

Wizards for things like hotel stays could be a little easier to use as they currently serve to complicate the process more than help with it. It would be nice to have an easier way to report a portion of an expense; for example, if I meet my dad for dinner during a business trip, it would help to be able to more easily report on the fact that while the dinner receipt might show $100, I'm only seeking reimbursement for $45. Currently this has to be done through the description when it seems easy enough to provide a more elegant means that would avoid potential confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not hesitate to recommend this product to organizations struggling with an antiquated, inefficient expense reporting process as a way to streamline this aspect of your business. Depending upon the quality of the software or process you're currently using the benefits of switching to Chrome River may be more marginal but it's more than worth a hard look to see how it could benefit your company.

Our previous process for expense reporting was extremely cumbersome and inefficient for everyone involved in the process, and featured filling out an MS Word form only to print it out and have to hand everything in in hard copy. It wasted paper, time, and resources to great effect (much of the energy our mail service folks had to spend was in delivering these hard copies). Chrome River Expense makes the process a strictly a matter of electronic filing and digitizes the data from start to finish; it is hard to overstate the savings on resources this provides.

Chrome River review by <span>Amber K.</span>
Amber K.

"Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

Online tracking of expenses. Mobile App is also nice for getting receipt uploaded

What do you dislike?

Not able to upload multiple receipts at once- it takes a lot of time when you have many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a picture of multiple receipts at once.

An easier way to track expenses and reimbursements.

Chrome River review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Chrome River Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm easily able to code my monthly expense reports for my supervisor's approval. It's a vast improvement from the spreadsheets we used to submit.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the coding options are always intuitive and I wish it were easier to quickly code my AMEX items without having to move them back and forth between boxes. I also wish it were easier to view old expense reports, including scans of receipts.

My company uses Chrome River for employee expense reports. It saves me a lot of time on a monthly basis.

Chrome River review by <span>Lynne M.</span>
Lynne M.

"Awesome prograM"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy program to use.Let me do what I need to do in a timely manner. Let me keep my invoice in order and my expense all in order. Able to keep all of this in one folder and able to pull it up any time. Can access from any where.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything against this software. It works great.

Trying to get all invoice in order and be able to summit them on time. All I need to is take a pitcure of the invoice and put into this software. Makes it allorganize

Chrome River review by <span>Doug B.</span>
Doug B.

"Chrome River is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy to approve expense reports, simple implementation with easy customization available.

What do you dislike?

We came from a paper trail system so moving to an online, automated system was extremely positive. There's not too much to dislike at this point.

Our main problem we were trying to solve was our financial coding on the backend. Prior to CR, we had a lot of ambiguity and incorrect coding. The finance staff spent hours trying to hunt down individuals for receipts, etc. With CR, we coded all expenses on the backend and receipts must be included (pictures) in order to submit the report. We saw an acceptance rate of high 90%s almost immediately.

Chrome River review by <span>Rhonda C.</span>
Rhonda C.

"Good riddance paper, hello technology!"

What do you like best?

I love having no more paper, no more filing cabinets, but gaining online entry of expenses, electronic notification and approvals, and driving compliance!

What do you dislike?

Bringing users kicking and screaming into 21st century technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test, test, test, and then test some more.

Automating our entire travel process from pre-trip authorizations to expense reimbursements. We don't deal with mounds of paper any longer, plus users are able to track their submitted reports and receive reimbursements quicker. It takes a lot of guess-work and frustrations out of the equation that we were burdened with using the manual paper process.

Chrome River review by <span>Victor G.</span>
Victor G.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Chrome River Mercury is easy software to function.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything yet that i dislike. System is very user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy implementaion and great team support.

Accountability and allows are user to track the expense report. Allows the user to know what will be paid.

Chrome River review by <span>Melody R.</span>
Melody R.

"Chrome River expense reimbursements"

What do you like best?

Chrome River is very customizable. Rules are easy to amend and the back end administration access is extensive.

What do you dislike?

Report writing could be better. Because the program is so customized to your own policies, the collection of the data can be a bit tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your expense reimbursement policies. Whether they are simple or complex, Chrome River can handle the routing.

Policies can be cut and dried, or changeable per group. For instance we have different spend levels on meals depending on the title of the person. Chrome River makes the policies easy to understand and be in compliance.

"Chrome River"

What do you like best?

Easy navigation- categories to modify the title of your expenses is seemingly easy. Can add notes very easily and communicate with the admin easily if any issue does come up.

What do you dislike?

The fact you have to constantly go back and reenter the information if it gets bounced back, i.e. the administrator cannot change the category of the expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a training program before employees all start simultaneously submitting their expenses. Offer a training module.

Consolidate all expense efforts into one seamless product

Chrome River review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Chrome River Expense offers a personal experience and works closely with you to achieve your goals."

What do you like best?

The system is well designed and offers an intuitive approach to handle expenses.

What do you dislike?

There are areas where the system can be improved, but in order for those areas to be improved upon, other users need to request it as well. The analytics reporting is very difficult to use and I'd like a more easier approach to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not rush yourself during the setup and really take the time to think about all the pieces. Take plenty of time to test with a test pilot group to find any issues and then correct them before launching.

I like being able to see compliance violations in a report and also to see where we spend the most money. Also, we can see what vendors we use the most and negotiate better pricing with those vendors based on our spend.

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Easy, Institutive and Paperless!"

What do you like best?

Compliance Messages and Submit compliance help you build your application to catch incorrect documents or perhaps fraudulent documents before they are submitted. The ability to make adjustments or return reports helps cut down on incorrect documents being published.

What do you dislike?

Analytics is slow and not too intuitive. The standard reports are useful, it could be improved by allowing users to save their settings and update their column titles specific to their company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a serious look. Chrome River is user friendly, intuitive and has it's eyes on the future. In my opinion, Chrome River is a leader in the business of Travel and Expense applications.

We had a home grown paper intensive process.

Chrome River review by <span>John N.</span>
John N.

"Best expense processing tool ever!"

What do you like best?

I love the way Chrome River can handle all of our active jobs and the associated task codes related to that job. We have over 600 active jobs and any given time so this becomes very convenient for our end users. Also, the speed in which you can get through an expense is a huge selling point.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing that I dislike.

We have over 130 company credit holders in our organization. We have saved well over 40 hours per month in processing transactions. We used to have to wait for the credit card statements to come from the bank before costs got into our system and then onto our jobs. Now, they hit at a minimum, of every week.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Chrome River"

What do you like best?

I love the expense report routing, and how we are able to set up rules and system is able to handle it. I love the reporting feature as well as the help available on Chrome River.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the expense report return. I have employees that need to add to an expense report when it is returned and they are not able to.

It is resolving the time restraints, routing for expense reports and expense reports getting lost in the company.

Chrome River review by <span>Julia S.</span>
Julia S.

"Its not bad"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with my American express corporate card. Easy to report my expenses

What do you dislike?

Layout could be better, not the most intuitive

Faster reporting of expenses because already partially done when added from amex card

Chrome River review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Quick and easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is one of the most straight forward expense reporting systems i have used in my career. Very easy and use friendly!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to upload electronic receipts than having to print and then scan and then upload all of them manually

We complete all of our corporate expenses through this system. The system is easy to use and helps make it easier for our employees to get expenses done on time for our accounting department

"Ok expense software"

What do you like best?

This software primarily used for expenses for both personal and vendor invoicing. It does a good job tracking the invoices and catches when something appears to be a duplicate.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that it does not offer more flexibility. There have been issues where the ability to modify the way the software is setup to be adjusted to meet the needs of that moment. I has been over 3 years since we have been using this software and nothing has changed since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely has the right tools.

We use this software as an expense tracker. It has been an invaluable tool even with some of the issues we have had. I have found it to be a great tool.

Chrome River review by <span>Warren K.</span>
Warren K.

"Toyota needed an expense report solution and CR was the answer"

What do you like best?

The ease of applying corporate AMEX transactions and minimizing user data entry. AMEX interface and remittance is very easy to use. Admin feature of Super delegate makes helping users very easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Not able to change violation/warnings until schedule releases by CR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Platinum platform is easier to use than Mercury.

Needed a new solution for all North American operations with numerous business units and general ledgers. CR application solved our problem and we were able to combine various resources at several offices and redeploy them to other functions wit CR efficiencies.

Chrome River review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Skype for Business Review"

What do you like best?

Skype for business makes interacting with coworkers super easy. Regardless of what office they sit in, it is easy to call or message them throughout the day. You can create different contact groups and save favorites. Within each contact, you can see their office location, phone numbers, and management chain. The status symbols and message box help determine whether someone is available, busy, or when they plan to return to their computer.

What do you dislike?

The pictures of the employees are on the smaller scale so it is sometime difficult to recognize them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes communicating with colleagues easy!

Employees that work in different offices are able to communicate efficiently and interruption free.

Chrome River review by Administrator

"Overall, a great product for Travel & Expense Management"

What do you like best?

The UI is very intuitive and easy to train to employees. There is a lot that can be done within the program to meet global needs.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is slow. It is a very robust reporting tool where you could report on just about every field imaginable, but takes a very long time to create from scratch.

Visibility of expenses compared to pre-trip approvals. visibility to global expenses that were previously doing expenses on paper.

Chrome River review by <span>Elizabeth T.</span>
Elizabeth T.

"Simplifies Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

No more saving receipts, I just snap a picture and throw them away.

I can quickly approve my team's expense reports by replying to an email.

Once I submit a report, I don't have to run around getting signatures on a piece of paper.

What do you dislike?

Receipts must be uploaded as a PDF, this means I have to save all receipt pictures as a PDF before submitting. This extra step can be annoying at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user - easy to use.

This has simplified our expense report process.

Chrome River review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and pretty easy to comprehend. I also like that we can submit as many reports as we want, whenever we want.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes the mileage calculator will freeze up or that certain areas when you're filling out an expense report say it is not required when it actually is.

Easy to keep track of expenses.

Chrome River review by <span>Amy R.</span>
Amy R.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

Visually its great, ease of use very good.

What do you dislike?

I don't like reporting is very limited and have to pay to get what I really need, I don't like that we are charged for every expense submitted. Means employee controls cost instead of us just being charged for approved reports, I don't like that if we send back a report they can't add to it. Which means they either have to submit again (cost money) or wait until next month.

Nothing

"Great Program!!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the program is the easy layout. I feel like most people feel like expense reimbursements are hard and this takes you exactly where you want to go.

What do you dislike?

I think my big issue is the credit card transactions...takes a bit to get to chrome river.

Expense Tracking...its the most important part...its easy to track and also easy to maneuver.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great product that meets our needs"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of CR is the admin capabilities that allow me to easily make changes to user records, track reports and make setup changes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I can't pick up the phone and talk to service team member right away. I have to submit a case and wait. This is especially true for help with reporting. I also dislike that their is a fee to have a user setup to receive a feed for personal credit card transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile app for android users

The ease of using to tool speaks for itself. Tracking reports is much easier and our AP support spends less time answering questions related to the status of an expense report.

Chrome River review by <span>Hallie D.</span>
Hallie D.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Clearly separates out all types of expenses by category. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Pages often take a while to load when you first open the software.

Categorizing all expenses by expense code/type.

Chrome River review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Way easier than salesforce expense"

What do you like best?

Expenses load automatically, which is awesome! It also links with my AMEX card

What do you dislike?

Not much - we have to use a portal to get into a windows version for work, but that might just be our IT system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Way better than others I've tried!

I work as a consultant, so expenses can definitely pile on over time. Better expenses reporting systems really help!

Chrome River review by User in Higher Education

"Ease of use for travel expenses "

What do you like best?

The program is very straightforward and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

So far, I've not found anything about the program that I dislike.

Our previous system required paper to be used and it was very time consuming sending it to all the necessary parties. Chrome River streamlines the process by doing all the legwork digitally and making it more efficient

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. The instructions/fill-in fields are clear and understandable. There is generally no question about where applicable information should go in the form. I like that it is automated and streamlined.

What do you dislike?

I think my dislike is more organization related than system related. Sometimes my request is denied for lack of detail.

The biggest problem this solves is streamlining the refund process. Before there would be multiple steps, making copies, and signing things. With ChromeRiver you just fill out the electronic form and generally not have to worry about it.

Chrome River review by <span>Debra S.</span>
Debra S.

"You're gonna love it!"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive - quite open to customization. Love the per diem wizard and mileage with google maps.

What do you dislike?

Quite often when something gets updated, some configuration in our system breaks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with others in your industry using the software.

Our people are much more accountable - policy rules are being followed much more closely.

Chrome River review by <span>Helen V.</span>
Helen V.

"A Bit Complicated"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that the program allows you to enter, confirm and check the status of your expense report.

What do you dislike?

It is not very user friendly. You have to take the tutorial and have the customer service number ready for any problems that come up.

It was just another program to enter the expenses and be reimbursed.

Chrome River review by User

"Organized and Easy to Use "

What do you like best?

I appreciate Chrome River's easy to understand platform. Specifically, the ability to select and edit categories makes entering expenses painless. I also like the tracking feature which allows me to see which of my superiors need to approve my expenses.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble opening Chrome River on my google Chrome browser but that is probably due to my Chrome settings rather than the software itself.

Having an organized and easy to understand platform to enter and review expenses as well as track what stage the expenses are in the approval process.

Chrome River review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great software for expenses"

What do you like best?

Pre-loaded cost categories simplify the process of entering expenses

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really--this is the easiest software I use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never used any other expense software. ChromeRiver is easy to use and I hope my company never switches away from it.

It streamlines the expense report process, the invoice payment process, and the check request process

Chrome River review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"It's functional, but not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it has allocated sections for different types of payments, and that it allows you to upload PDFs in bulk

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't provide specific reasoning for errors. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong. Turns out there wasn't anything wrong. I just had to go back into the receipt, not do anything, and go back out, and it worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide specific reasons for errors

I was unable to figure out what my errors were, but I got my reimbursement!

Chrome River review by <span>Cara S.</span>
Cara S.

"User Friendly for the most part"

What do you like best?

various categories for expenses, bundling expenses into main themes.

What do you dislike?

the pre-approval process, it is unclear and some expenses do not fit in the categories given

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lets you put multiple expenses into one overall expense and categorize them by type. I like to do all expenses at once for a certain trip to keep things organzied

Centralized location to do multiple expenses for multiple people

Chrome River review by <span>Catherine M.</span>
Catherine M.

"Chrome River Expense Review"

What do you like best?

The automation of routing rules and state compliance items

What do you dislike?

The lack of consistency through the help -desk

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to know what your constituents need to get their jobs done. Include multiple departments and users into a User Group to create ideas and strategies.

Time reduction in paper-flow; automated approvals and elimination of paper.

Chrome River review by User in Higher Education

"No issues, straight forward "

What do you like best?

As long as you're given some 101 handouts before hand, this is a very straight forward product to use. I will admit, my older colleagues who are not as up-to-date on software/adaptable do NOT like it. They do not feel it's intuitive. I think after someone walks you through your first expense report it's pretty straight forward. I think my favorite thing is that it has a google map wizard that all I have to do is plug in addresses.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find prior reports submitted (I eventually figured it out)

Getting my expense reports in. I've gotten my refund within a week or two.

Chrome River review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Makes submitting check requests or invoices easy."

What do you like best?

I like how the program directs the request to the appropriate person for approval automatically.

What do you dislike?

Copying invoices or looking up past invoices could be made simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very streamlined and easy to use.

Cuts down the time spent on submitting payments so I can focus on my other work.

"Chrome River"

What do you like best?

I think Chrome River is incredibly easy to use and love the dashboard as well as the alerts that it provides. I always know the status of my requests and the balance of my accounts.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have an issue with loading the software but this could be a computer issue as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice makes perfect. It's not necessarily the most intuitive to begin with but it's very easy to use generally once you've submitted a few times.

This is really helpful with reimbursements. I also love that it connects with Uber, which is very convenient for my business.

User in Law Practice

"Chrome River is seemless and fast"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to submit expenses online and through email. Direct deposit is also a great feature for reimbursement

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike at this stage.

Waste of time and resources for all involved in submitting expenses the traditional ways. Also, easier to track expense reimbursement and is much faster.

Chrome River review by <span>Aaron B.</span>
Aaron B.

"Solid web-based expense and check request platform"

What do you like best?

Approvals are automated and online; very easy!

What do you dislike?

Flash environment is a bit 'stiff' at times.

We'd done expense reports the old-school way for years - sending in paper receipts to a specific office. No more. Take pictures of receipts with your phone and send it in. Fill out your report later and it even pulls in your corporate card info, too!

Chrome River review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Too many inputs"

What do you like best?

Allowed all attachments, amounts, and details to be entered in one screen.

Also liked how you could view all your past reports in one software.

Liked how you can integrate it with UBER (and probably other 3rd party apps as well)

Convenient because it accepts PDF and image files to be uploaded.

Collects very detailed information.

What do you dislike?

Too many inputs and hard to put the correct links.

When trying to access which client to link the expense to, the search engine is very difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome River will prompt you on all the necessary inputs before allowing you to submit.

Accounting problems.

Chrome River review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Getting reimbursed is simple. All I have to do is click a few buttons and my report is submitted.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This program makes it so simple to make sure I get reimbursed for my expenses.

All I have to do is click a few buttons and I am reimbursed quickly for my expenses.

Chrome River review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Not the most user friendly"

What do you like best?

Allows for expensing of incurred costs via receipt submission.

What do you dislike?

Not the best in regards to ease of use.

Always requires multiple Windows to open granting access and flash player authorization.

Ability to process expenses for employees across the country.

Chrome River review by User in Higher Education

"Has what it needs but sometimes tricky to use"

What do you like best?

The capability to email in receipts and have them there when you need them makes life easy!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to fix some errors without having to delete entire report and start over.

Centralized and automated expense reporting.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Let Chrome River handle your expesens!"

What do you like best?

Chrome River Expense makes the communication and authorization of processing reimbursement expenses easy. Administrators and users can easily identify information about a certain expense.

What do you dislike?

Additional customization for reporting would be nice. There are a number of canned reports I use, but would be nice to have additional customization within Chrome River.

Expense reimbursement would be very difficult for us if we didn't have a centralized software for processing. Our operation is too vast to communicate effectively.

Chrome River review by <span>Josh P.</span>
Josh P.

"Convenient features work like they should...normally."

What do you like best?

Can upload receipts via email or desktop using simple drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

Photos don't always upload as intended leading to confusion when attempting to submit.

Solving the complex system of expense reporting and documentation. Simplified systems.

Chrome River review by <span>Jill S.</span>
Jill S.

"Chrome River Expense System"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, I like the tile expense system

What do you dislike?

Long wait times through Help Desk. Hoping it gets better

Mobile Expense reporting, we are new but hoping to have a better grasp on expenses when reporting capabilities are in place

Chrome River review by User in Higher Education

"Simple and streamlined "

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use but offers many complex features

What do you dislike?

The interface feels slightly outdated. At times the system feels sluggish.

It upholds integrity for reimbursement of expenses and streamlines the process immensely.

Chrome River review by <span>Eric P.</span>
Eric P.

"We use this at work for expense reimbursement"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and does not take a lot of time to enter numerous expenses.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike so far. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

To properly track expenses.

Chrome River review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"A little confusing, but ultimately useful"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze to add receipts and move from category to category. It works with you to make sure everything is taken care of.

What do you dislike?

You must get training. Without it you're lost.

Working in a large college environment, it brings all employees into one program. No longer any problems with one department using one method and another using something else. It streamlined all expense reports.

Chrome River review by User

"Switch to electronic submission of expense reports"

What do you like best?

Ease of capturing receipts in the receipt gallery

What do you dislike?

We have a delay in receiving credit card charges of up to 5 days.

Delay in payments to Field Personnel. Payments are being made much quicker with Chrome River.

Chrome River review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great software for tracking expenses "

What do you like best?

All of the different options to file expenses under. Also, the tracking element so I can see where it is in the expensing cycle

What do you dislike?

It seems kind of old/unupdated. I also think the tipping element is kind of unclear. Do I put the tip in the total? Or do it separately? I can never remember

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this software for expensing!

Being able to track receipts and expenses easier

Learn more about Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE Videos

Learning about Chrome River EXPENSE?

* We monitor all Chrome River EXPENSE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.