Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE

Control costs with automated, real-time spend policy compliance monitoring and approval routing. Meet your organization’s requirements, and even any billable client policy requirements, by using our flexible compliance and routing engines.

Work for Chrome River EXPENSE?

Learning about Chrome River?

Chrome River EXPENSE Reviews

Ask Chrome River a Question
Showing 145 Chrome River reviews
Chrome River review by <span>Jake W.</span>
Jake W.

Clean User Interface for Managing Expense Reimbursements

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive it is to find the menus and options you need. The menu at the top-left of screen provides you a clear list of options. There's no confusion as to where you would find your saved accounts, receipts, forms, etc. I also appreciate having information from my company on the home screen, such as travel policy, getting started guide, and other tutorial documents.

What do you dislike?

This is not a deal breaker by any means, but the space to the right of the home screen where our company's information exists looks a little out of place. I think the content and resources are great, but the layout could be improved.

Travel reimbursements used to require a month or two of waiting in order to get paid for your expenses. We had a paper-based system, and forms typically sat in stacks for days... Chrome River has made the process amazingly quick.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome River EXPENSE
Chrome River review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

So much better than our old process

What do you like best?

The ability to link personal or corporate credit cards to the application and have them automatically sync with receipt images is a huge time saver in our organization. Previously, we had a clunky process that barely functioned and did not move receipt images over to our time and billing system. Now with ChromeRiver, we have a streamlined process that includes the images which allows for easier pass-through billing of our clients.

What do you dislike?

It's not necessarily intuitive when you begin using the product, but after a few days it becomes second nature. They tout not having an application as a feature, but honestly, it would make the user experience better. The HTML5 mobile version is frustrating enough that I don't use it.

We are able to download and import file for our ERP system as often as we would like and get the information pushed through to billing in a more streamlined fashion.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Chrome River review by <span>Zach W.</span>
Zach W.

Plentiful Features, Clunky Execution

What do you like best?

There is a lot of versatility with the product. Tons of built in options for expenses in a variety of categories. The ability to have SSO access is convenient. The mileage function is excellent with the inclusion of Google Maps.

What do you dislike?

It's very possible that we are still using an older version of the program, but it's not super intuitive, and the lack of an Android app is puzzling. It's clunky to have to click around as much as you do to get items in the correct categories. It's not difficult, but it does take a while to complete correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to have an app on your phone would be excellent. From the looks of things on their website, this is something they offer and it's possible my company just doesn't support it yet. They do have a dedicated email address to send away receipt photos to and have them uploaded automatically. There is a lot of clicking to get things in the appropriate category, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

CR has made it easier for purchasing to contain everything in one location. It manages our expense cards as well as having the ability to input 100% payback expenses for those who don't travel as often.

Chrome River review by <span>Luke S.</span>
Luke S.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Great tool for expenses (and invoices)

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This would be my number one takeaway as my team is in charge of training all end users on this application. It is impossibly easy to use. They also have some great options to customize the application to fit into your unique environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major qualms. I would say that some of our internal rules slowed down our initial rollout but now feel we have a good system in place to use all of CRs capabilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to review your processes and procedures so you don't complicate things from the start. Don't over complicate training, keep it simple and allow your users to practice with the tool before roll out.

Eliminating paper expense reports. A lot of the work is now automated or put through a workflow to remove timely bottlenecks.

Chrome River review by <span>Jonathan O.</span>
Jonathan O.
G2 Gives Campaign

Chrome River simplifies expense reporting

What do you like best?

Chrome River is intuitive and easy to use. There is a cool feature that you can snap a photo of receipts and email them directly to Chrome River, but I don't use this feature, as I like to be able to scan the receipts in myself and make sure everything is clear and legible before uploading them.

What do you dislike?

As you enter expense items, by default it sorts them by the order entered. You can manually sort them by date, but I would prefer that they automatically sort by date.

Before using Chrome River, my firm used a Word template for expense reimbursements. While I was familiar with the form from using it for years, it didn't calculate totals automatically and was a hassle if you needed to add a new day onto the beginning or middle of the date range. Now, it's very easy to add receipts without needing to sort them all out first - you can just enter them.

Chrome River review by <span>Karen K.</span>
Karen K.

Paperless efficiency

What do you like best?

I love that Chrome River takes the paper shuffle of our expense reimbursement process out of the equation. It's completely electronic from start to finish. Approvals flow through e-mail and are super-easy (just click the green "Accept" button!) for our attorneys and staff. This has ultimately shortened the time from expense report entry to reimbursement, resulting in happier employees.

Also, automated routing ensures that all appropriate approvals for the particular expense amount or type are obtained. It's a very sleek, sophisticated, yet simple to use system. I would recommend it to any organization looking to improve their expense reimbursement experience!

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not the greatest. We don't use it a lot, but sometimes feels a bit "clunky" when we use the predefined reports (sometimes the reporting module simply doesn't open and you have to try again later). Ad hoc reports seem confusing to set up, without taking a lot of time learning how to use them. This is not a huge hindrance for us, though.

Easier visibility into pending expense reports (who is holding up the reimbursement?), paperless environment (no more expense reports milling around the firm, with potential for getting lost), all approvals ensured (no more "sending them back" for additional approvals because they weren't obtained the first time).

Learn more about Chrome River EXPENSE

Chrome River EXPENSE Videos

Learning about Chrome River EXPENSE?

* We monitor all Chrome River EXPENSE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.