Chrome

Google Chrome: The fast, free browser that's built for the modern web

Work for Chrome?

Learning about Chrome?

Chrome Reviews

Showing 343 Chrome reviews
Chrome review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

Reliable Internet Browser for All Purposes

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There are many different internet browsers that I like specific aspects of but none like Chrome - Chrome is the only browser that I have used that incorporates all of the things that I look for in a web browser. My favorite thing about Chrome is the fact that it is compatible with all operating systems that I frequently use at work - iOS and Windows. Many other internet browsers are only fully compatible with one operating system or the other - which makes it difficult when you use multiple devices with different systems. The feature that I also like a lot is the fact that you can sign in to Chrome with any Google account and all of your settings, preferences, credentials and browsing history is remembered. This is very important for me since I use multiple different computers and devices for work. The fact that I can access my credentials and frequented websites from one device to the next is so important and saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Chrome. The only thing that I have found to dislike about Chrome or even more accurately - the only thing that I think could be improved about Chrome is its pop-up blocker. It has been my experience with Chrome that I tend to get more unsolicited pop-ups being allowed than I do when browsing the internet with other web browsers. Enhancing the Chrome pop-up block to the point where no unsolicited pop-ups are allowed would be a major improvement in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Chrome for any person or business. Since Chrome is compatible with both iOS and Windows operating systems, it doesn't matter what type of device you are using to browse the web, Chrome will be accessible. Also, being able to sign in to Chrome with your Google account and have access to all of your information is something that can't be undervalued. On top of all of that, Chrome is super fast with little to no crashing and it plays flash videos better than any internet browser I have ever used.

Chrome has been great for my company for a few reasons - First of all, because you can sign in to Chrome with a Google account and have access to all of your information such as log-in credentials for websites, browsing history and preferences. This has been important for us since we travel a lot and are always using different machines and devices to work. Another feature that has been beneficial for us about Chrome is the fact that it is fast and plays flash videos with ease. Being able to play flash videos is something that so many internet browsers lack. Before Chrome, we would have to use one browser to search the web and another to play flash videos. Since Chrome does both so quickly, it has been such a great program.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Chrome
Chrome review by <span>Connor B.</span>
Connor B.

My Favorite Internet Browser

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Chrome is my preferred Internet browser. I would have to say the feature that I like the best about Chrome is that it works great no matter what operating system I am using. Unlike many other Internet browsers, I am able to use Chrome on any system whether it is Android, Windows or iOS. This is a great and convenient feature because you can log into Chrome with your Google email address and it will remember all of your settings and customizations. Signing into your account with Chrome is also great because it remembers all your usernames and passwords and favorite websites. This feature is convenient and very time-saving since I have access to my preferences across all my devices.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can say that I dislike about Chrome is the way that it plays flash and videos. I have found an experienced several ads that occur when trying to play a video. If I get past the ads, I often experience issues getting the video to actually play in Chrome. If a video does load in Chrome, it usually will freeze a few times and I will manually have to force Chrome to close and reopen it then navigate back to the video in order to get it to play. All in all, it's flash and video playing capabilities could be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend chrome highly. The reason I recommend it is because it's fast and user-friendly but most importantly because it is accessible and compatible with all operating systems. This means that you can use Chrome no matter what device you use. It is convenient especially for those people who want Access to their Internet preferences across devices. I also recommend it because it has a really good pop up blocker. While using other Internet browsers, I have been bombarded with pop-up windows of which I never experience when using Chrome.

Chrome has proven beneficial because we travel every week for work and rarely work in the same place multiple times. This means we are constantly using different computers and devices to access the Internet. For this reason, we need an Internet browser that will save your settings and preferences, login credentials and frequented websites. It is a huge convenience to be able to have access to our preferences across platforms and operating systems. Chrome has made this possible and it is easy to use and navigate. It is the fastest Internet browser that I have ever used and offers an enhanced pop-up blocker - something that is essential for the work that we do.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Browser solution do you use?

Chrome review by <span>Chase C.</span>
Chase C.

Top Browser Choice

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The thing that I like the most about Chrome is the fact that I can use my Google account to sign in to Chrome. Once signed in, my browsing history, settings and passwords/login credentials are saved. This means that no matter what device that I am using Chrome from - as long as I am signed in - I am able to access everything. My passwords and credentials, my browsing history and favorites follow me where ever I go. This is a really good feature that is extremely convenient in which to have access. Another thing that I like about Chrome is that it is compatible with any operating system. This means that no matter what device that I am using, I can use Chrome. I prefer consistency so for me, this is an important feature.

What do you dislike?

There are not many features that I have found to dislike about Chrome. The only issue that I have really experienced with Chrome is that - depending on the website that you are visiting - it tends to lag and or crash on a pretty consistent basis. This happens especially often when using flash or playing videos - something that I tend to do on a pretty regular basis. However, I have found that Chrome crashes less often on certain website than other browsers crash on these same websites. This is a main reason that Chrome is my first choice for an internet browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend a Chrome to anyone looking for a secure and reliable Internet browser that works with any operating system. It is especially handy if having access to your favorite websites, browsing history and login credentials to websites is important to you. Since all you have to do is sign in with your existing Google account and chrome remembers all of this information, it is an especially convenient Internet browser. I recommend it for all browsing needs on all devices.

Chrome has an exceptionally good security system that allows you to monitor your activity while using Chrome. It also has a really sweet pop-up blocker. Many of the internet sites that I need to visit for work come with a ton of pop-ups. I have found that Chrome has the best pop-up blocker that I have found in any internet browser that I have used. This is incredibly important for me because - especially when browsing the internet on my work computer - I can't take the chance of having potentially harmful pop-ups appear on my device.

Chrome review by <span>Samuel L.</span>
Samuel L.

Favorite Choice for Internet Browser

What do you like best?

Chrome is my go to choice for an internet browser - no matter what operating system I am using. All of my devices and computer have Chrome on them. I like best about Chrome that it is in fact compatible with all operating systems (ex. Windows, Macintosh). Not only is it compatible with all of the operating systems that I use but it works great with all operating systems. I found that unlike other internet browsers, Chrome is compatible with all websites. Many of the websites I need to visit regularly for work aren't fully accessible from other internet browsers but I'm always able to access them using Chrome. It is the most reliable browser I have found.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find things that I dislike about Chrome since it is my favorite internet browser. The only complaint that I have is its tendency to crash. I have found that it does crash often and out of nowhere. While the latest upgrades have seemed to improve this crashing, it still happens at times and when it does, it is a pretty big inconvenience depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Chrome saves time and money because of its fast capability to load web pages and download items from the internet. Chrome also saves time because it allows you to sign in using a Google account and have access to your history/frequently visited webpages from any computer or device using Chrome while you're signed in.

Chrome review by <span>Shouhei M.</span>
Shouhei M.

Most Stable and easy to use Browser

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and minimal, almost all websites work that is not browser specific. Its clean and works well with no issues.

What do you dislike?

Browser is not compatible with Internet Explorer Only sites.

This is not as customizable or enterprise friendly as firefox.

Limited to what only Google allows within their interface.

Focused on consumer usage over enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a stable browser to have on all workstations that need flash player to use web-portals that require them.

They are pre-configured to work without any modification on most standard web-sites

Chrome is utilized as a secondary browser to test access with websites that we have issues with on IE or Firefox. Chrome also has flash built in so it allows us to not have to install flash player.

Chrome review by <span>Luke R.</span>
Luke R.
What do you like best?

User profile and storage is all in the cloud. My bookmarks, documents, templates, and everything I need can be called up on any computer. Last time I had to reformat my computer, I had everything I needed to get back to work within a few minutes. Just downloaded Chrome, signed in, and everything was back to normal. Could not recommend more.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could integrate calendar with Microsoft calendars used at clients. Also, their suite of Office products is pretty slimmed down. Usually has everything I need, but few more options would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Browsing experience is faster, extensions are fantastic (discover new ones every week), and all your business is in the cloud.

Can do business at multiple clients and on multiple computers without any delay. Integrates it all into one place that I can access whether I have the right computer with me or not.

Learning about Chrome?

* We monitor all Chrome reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.