Church Windows

Church Windows software is a church management solution that provides a way to track the church congregations, its happenings and its giving.

Work for Church Windows?

Learning about Church Windows?

Church Windows Reviews

Showing 7 Church Windows reviews
Church Windows review by Regina C.
Regina C.

"Unfortunate requirement of my job."

What do you like best?

Phone support, as they call back promptly.

What do you dislike?

I am required to use this program. This is one of the most convoluted, non-user friendly, tiresome, irritating, program I have ever had t o use. I have worked both in the private industry and the US government using a lot of different software. Example, if you or a past employee enters a "visitor" to your church, it will stay in the system FOREVER; there is not way to ever delete a name and address. Our church is in a high tourist area..names added in 1998 for one summer can never be deleted. Next, different sections for Member and Visitors...if you are seeking information on one name you have to go in and out of two different screens and sections of the program to verify and/or to find them!. Okey, now let's go to donations. If a past employee went crazy entering different donation codes....good luck attempting to make it more usable. You will be required to wade thru outdated no longer used codes moving them around in order to record a $5.00 donation. At year end good luck with the donation letters. If you accidently use the wrong setup, one family may have a document a big as our town's phonebook! I use Church Windows because I have tol

Recommendations to others considering the product

With past experience choosing, purchasing, and creating a membership database, I would suggest there are several very good programs that are easier to use, both in membership and donations, a good software package for a non-profit does not have to have the word "church" in its name. Church Windows is attempting to update their program; I have great hopes it will be completed before my retirement!

Membership and donaiton entry

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Church Windows
Church Windows review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Church Widnows Falls Short"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Church Windows provides a place where all the church records and trends can be kept together, which makes it easy to search for specific things, like attendance within past year for the purposes of voting privledge.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the interface is rather complicated. I have managed it but my staff have difficulties as they haven't grown up in the computer age. It's very difficult for them to navigate this software, which requires more work on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, but only to people who know computers and understand basic operating systems. It's not a difficult system once you get the hang of it, but if you don't understand computer basics, it's not for you.

Organization. In churches, organization is a huge obstacle. Using this program has helped eliminate some of the frustrations surrounding the loss of information.

What Church Management solution do you use?

Church Windows review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Some things are okay, but it's not intuitive and seems outdated."

What do you like best?

the search feature for finding a member/visitor

What do you dislike?

Data mining processes are not intuitive. It's difficult to remember all the steps I took to achieve the report I was hoping for. And then when I try again next time, I can't remember. "how did I do that last time?" VERY frustrating. I've worked with IRL sales data, and while the information and analytics of that are more complicated, the process to get to the data was so simple. I also don't understand why things don't autopopulate. Examle: when a church member dies, I must mark them "dead" in three different places. It would be much easier to mark it in one place and the software do the rest. Another hitch in the success of Church Windows at our office is that it resides on our "cloud", VOS ... Virtual Office Systems. As a result, it is super slow. Although we were told they work together, Church Windows runs MUCH faster outside of VOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure if there is anything better. I recommend using it from your harddrive rather than via cloud. At least, don't use it if you currently use VOS!

this is where we keep all of our membership data. Benefits--some reports aren't difficult to pull, so I guess that's a benefit.

Church Windows review by Tella J.
Tella J.

"Excellent Software"

What do you like best?

Great software which can be used for both accounting software and directory. You can store names, addresses, as well as photos you can print detailed list of donations for parishner. Easy to set-up and provides excellent customer service. I also like the quick tasks option.

What do you dislike?

Always run into problems when updating to the newest version of church plus having to reconnect the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should try the product

Started using church plus for accounting purposes and realize it was great storing addresses of our church members and photos.

Church Windows review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Once you understand the system it is easy to maneuver. There IT department is great with handling any questions you may have. You can also find many videos on their sight to help you do your own troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn the system and can be hard for people who are not computer savvy.

Has all the software a small church needs in one place.

Church Windows review by Suzanne S.
Suzanne S.

"Review of Church Windows software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Does everything I need in one package--accounting, contributions and membership.

What do you dislike?

All modules do not work exactly the same way. Updates are needed on the accounting module.

Tracking membership, preparing financial statements, recording contributions

Church Windows review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"CHURCH WINDOWS MAKES WORK FUN"

What do you like best?

I like the entire setup for entering new member information, donations, & accounting.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Church Windows at this moment!

Donation Installations

How well outlined things are in Church Windows

Learning about Church Windows?

* We monitor all Church Windows reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.