ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn.

Work for ChurnZero?

Learning about ChurnZero?

ChurnZero Reviews

Ask ChurnZero a Question
Showing 69 ChurnZero reviews
ChurnZero review by <span>Pete P.</span>
Pete P.

"We love ChurnZero!"

What do you like best?

First a summary -

Our company, HomeActions, LLC, signed up for ChurnZero on January 20, 2017. I cannot say enough about how impressed we are with this company and how many benefits we now enjoy using their integrated platform.

As a Customer Success Manager handling over 5,000 customers, our firm needed a better solution for managing client churn and ChurnZero is the solution! Our CRM is NetSuite and we developed a proprietary email marketing solution used by many industries including: real estate, law, health & wellness, and CPA's.

ChurnZero was easily able to integrate their system into both of ours and the data we are now able to capture is amazing. Before ChurnZero, we were not able to identify what features of our service clients were using and what they were not. We were not easily able to recognize which segment of customers were at risk of churn and had more of a knee-jerk solution dealing with trying to save clients after they informed us of their intent to cancel their subscription. Not anymore!

Now, with ChurnZero fully integrated and operational, we target those groups of customers, based on criteria we selected, that are at the highest risk of cancelling and move to turn them around BEFORE they cancel. Additionally, we have "eyes" into what our customers are doing, what features they use and what they are not. We can drill into a single client or an entire database. The extent of what you are able to see is endless.

Ok, what we like the best:

1) Ease of implementation

2) Ease of use

3) Awesome support

4) Affordability

5) Ability to reduce churn and improve client loyalty

6) Net Promoter Score (NPS) built in surveys

What do you dislike?

This is a hard one, as not too many things we dislike and any issues raised are now on their IT tech development plans. But here you go.

1) Their email editor is basic and could use some enhancements

2) Unable to determine what criteria a particular client used to develop their individual churn score

3) Unable to set alerts or compose emails where more than one person can receive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about reducing churn or learning what you customers are really doing , invest in ChurnZero.

1) Improved client retention by 21% over prior year

2) Dramatically better client interaction

3) Ability to target segments based on criteria we select

4) Able to pinpoint by brand, sales rep, region, etc. problems with particular issues

6) Easily created drip campaigns to educate clients on product features, upgrades, etc.

7) Able to recognize problems before cancellation

8) Built in NPS surveys allow us unbiased feedback.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ChurnZero
ChurnZero review by <span>Michelle R.</span>
Michelle R.

"Great, lightweight tool that doesn't require SQL knowledge"

What do you like best?

At my previous organization, I managed CS Ops and was responsible for administration of Gainsight. Gainsight is an incredibly powerful tool, but incredibly difficult to operate without extensive salesforce and SQL knowledge. I moved over to my current organization and jumped into using ChurnZero as we were in the middle of implementing the product. My eyes honestly lit up at how EASY it is to use. It's easy for me to create plays and journeys and create rules around who enters those plays and journeys. It doesn't require fetching, joining, manipulating data from different data tables. I'm a CSM here. I'm responsible for maintaining a book of business, but I also deal with some operational aspects for our team. This allows me to easily do both. Anything I want to build in ChurnZero doesn't take me that long (whereas before, I'd spend an hour figuring out how to accomplish what I was trying to do in Gainsight and another couple of hours actually building it, if I could even get that far). The service is fantastic; our CSM (Chase) is great to work with. Not only does he help me with building things in ChurnZero, he chats through strategy and theoretical things with me. I get incredibly proactive support from him and truly believe ChurnZero has built a great product and they practice what they preach.

What do you dislike?

It is lightweight, so it misses the mark on some reporting for me. The dashboards are great. Playbook reporting is lacking tremendously, but I appreciate that my CSM is always willing to hop on the phone with me and talk through some of these things. I also wish the documentation was a little more robust, but I'm hearing that they're building out more self service training/help guides, which will be fantastic. Sometimes I need to just quickly find the answer myself instead of relying on an answer from a support member (although Peter is fantastic and I email him way too often!).

In an organization with an incredibly large total addressable market, we run a lean team with over a thousand customers. ChurnZero is really helping us get a gauge on where those customers fit into our ideal persona and also helps us scale ways to guide them through the overall customer journey.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

ChurnZero review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

"Great tool and service"

What do you like best?

The piece we have enjoyed the most is the assistance we have received through our onboarding process. Our CSM has been great, giving us a full understanding of the solution's capabilities, best practices across the industry and many other tips for a successful deployment.

The simplicity of integrating ChurnZero to other tools used in our business has been wonderful.

Finally, the ability to segment our base in many different ways is very helpful along with the fact that we can build our own workflows, task creation and responses to live events has made our CSM team much more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, just some nuisances.

1) When attempting to create responses to live events in our application, it would be much simpler to work with specific attributes rather than segments. This is something that was raised and work is being done to implement the capability

2) Unable to see a log of email communications - we have resorted to including our email addresses to the BCC list on every outbound email to ensure the messages are being delivered

1) Increase touch points and interaction with our customers

2) Automated yet personalized reactions to KPIs

3) Solidified onboarding process where milestones and time frames must be met, otherwise certain actions take place

4) Assisting with other departments' processes through KPI monitoring and task creation

ChurnZero review by <span>Daniel F.</span>
Daniel F.

"ChurnZero is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I am constantly working with clients and scheduling calls, so ChurnZero is great for me to quickly check usage reports, recent activities, and even active contacts. There have been a few times I've been able to identify new users simply from the CZ dashboard or my custom alerts, which has helped me to be visible to everyone I should be engaged with

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with the service. Sometimes the ChurnScore might not be as representative of my clients' health, but that is basically subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trigger email alerts! I've been able to promptly address potential client "fires" with the client before the client brought them up to me. This positioned me as a knowledgeable ally and resource that they can come to for assistance.

Prior to ChurnZero I would spend more time than necessary trying to understand when and how my clients were utilizing their platforms and even with this research, there was still a large unknown factor. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately survey the health of my clients and better position myself as a resource to them and also allowed me to address any issues they might be experiencing proactively, rather than reactively.

ChurnZero review by <span>Leilani S.</span>
Leilani S.

"Takes Customer Success the a whole new level!"

What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

What do you dislike?

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

ChurnZero review by <span>Winnie I.</span>
Winnie I.

"Great platform for growing SaaS business"

What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero and chose them after demos of three different CS platforms. We really liked the usability and simplicity of ChurnZero and it fell right in the middle in terms of price. The dashboard and usage stats are awesome and linking to Salesforce and our own SaaS offerings was a big plus. I love being able to track certain events to understand which features/reports our customers are using on our platform. Having segmentation in reports also allows us to make decisions based on our customer segments.

What do you dislike?

They have been great to work with during implementation. As with most SaaS platforms, I wish there were more customization or tailoring options (e.g., removing tags from alerts panel). It's honestly not a big deal and they do seem to constantly take customer feedback and improve their systems so looking forward to seeing whether additional tailoring options are coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a very seamless integration and start-up with ChurnZero but it still took us ~3 months from start to go live. Keep in mind you will need your own internal folks to be able to have the time to work with the ChurnZero team. We were not fully aware of how much time it would take internally so we didn't have alot of available resources at the time which is why it took 3 months.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, track renewals, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, etc.

Learning about ChurnZero?

* We monitor all ChurnZero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.