ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn.

Work for ChurnZero?

Pete P.

We love ChurnZero!

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

First a summary -

Our company, HomeActions, LLC, signed up for ChurnZero on January 20, 2017. I cannot say enough about how impressed we are with this company and how many benefits we now enjoy using their integrated platform.

As a Customer Success Manager handling over 5,000 customers, our firm needed a better solution for managing client churn and ChurnZero is the solution! Our CRM is NetSuite and we developed a proprietary email marketing solution used by many industries including: real estate, law, health & wellness, and CPA's.

ChurnZero was easily able to integrate their system into both of ours and the data we are now able to capture is amazing. Before ChurnZero, we were not able to identify what features of our service clients were using and what they were not. We were not easily able to recognize which segment of customers were at risk of churn and had more of a knee-jerk solution dealing with trying to save clients after they informed us of their intent to cancel their subscription. Not anymore!

Now, with ChurnZero fully integrated and operational, we target those groups of customers, based on criteria we selected, that are at the highest risk of cancelling and move to turn them around BEFORE they cancel. Additionally, we have "eyes" into what our customers are doing, what features they use and what they are not. We can drill into a single client or an entire database. The extent of what you are able to see is endless.

Ok, what we like the best:

1) Ease of implementation

2) Ease of use

3) Awesome support

4) Affordability

5) Ability to reduce churn and improve client loyalty

6) Net Promoter Score (NPS) built in surveys

What do you dislike?

This is a hard one, as not too many things we dislike and any issues raised are now on their IT tech development plans. But here you go.

1) Their email editor is basic and could use some enhancements

2) Unable to determine what criteria a particular client used to develop their individual churn score

3) Unable to set alerts or compose emails where more than one person can receive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about reducing churn or learning what you customers are really doing , invest in ChurnZero.

1) Improved client retention by 21% over prior year

2) Dramatically better client interaction

3) Ability to target segments based on criteria we select

4) Able to pinpoint by brand, sales rep, region, etc. problems with particular issues

6) Easily created drip campaigns to educate clients on product features, upgrades, etc.

7) Able to recognize problems before cancellation

8) Built in NPS surveys allow us unbiased feedback.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ChurnZero
ChurnZero review by <span>Daniel F.</span>
Daniel F.

ChurnZero is a lifesaver

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I am constantly working with clients and scheduling calls, so ChurnZero is great for me to quickly check usage reports, recent activities, and even active contacts. There have been a few times I've been able to identify new users simply from the CZ dashboard or my custom alerts, which has helped me to be visible to everyone I should be engaged with

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with the service. Sometimes the ChurnScore might not be as representative of my clients' health, but that is basically subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trigger email alerts! I've been able to promptly address potential client "fires" with the client before the client brought them up to me. This positioned me as a knowledgeable ally and resource that they can come to for assistance.

Prior to ChurnZero I would spend more time than necessary trying to understand when and how my clients were utilizing their platforms and even with this research, there was still a large unknown factor. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately survey the health of my clients and better position myself as a resource to them and also allowed me to address any issues they might be experiencing proactively, rather than reactively.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

ChurnZero review by <span>Leilani S.</span>
Leilani S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

What do you dislike?

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

ChurnZero review by <span>Winnie I.</span>
Winnie I.
Validated Review

Great platform for growing SaaS business

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero and chose them after demos of three different CS platforms. We really liked the usability and simplicity of ChurnZero and it fell right in the middle in terms of price. The dashboard and usage stats are awesome and linking to Salesforce and our own SaaS offerings was a big plus. I love being able to track certain events to understand which features/reports our customers are using on our platform. Having segmentation in reports also allows us to make decisions based on our customer segments.

What do you dislike?

They have been great to work with during implementation. As with most SaaS platforms, I wish there were more customization or tailoring options (e.g., removing tags from alerts panel). It's honestly not a big deal and they do seem to constantly take customer feedback and improve their systems so looking forward to seeing whether additional tailoring options are coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a very seamless integration and start-up with ChurnZero but it still took us ~3 months from start to go live. Keep in mind you will need your own internal folks to be able to have the time to work with the ChurnZero team. We were not fully aware of how much time it would take internally so we didn't have alot of available resources at the time which is why it took 3 months.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, track renewals, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, etc.

ChurnZero review by <span>Chinasa D.</span>
Chinasa D.

Churnzero is like my Best Friend

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Tool provides the great insight! This tool is like having a cheat sheet on how our clients engage with our software. Most clients have a million tasks they have to deal with, instead of trying to gauge client use through asking, this provides tangible and reportable data on client usage.

What do you dislike?

Still waiting on in app messaging. I know this already on the roadmap, and available for a lot of other users, I am really just anxious to go live company wide over here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Provides visibility on client use of our software. Helps identify possible gaps in use, where I can step in as the account manager to not only help our clients fully utilize our tools, but also show the value for clients to add on features that may not be currently in their system in order to make their day to day jobs easier.

ChurnZero review by <span>Dave C.</span>
Dave C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it has and the ability to see usage and tie it to customer data in Salesforce. The ability to run plays and set goals for user behavior helps to ensure we are focusing our efforts in the best possible way and not wasting any effort.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't had any issues, get familiar with the system was easy and they do assist you along the way.

I am attempting to get training out to new users for our software. That was the easy part, but i have realized that you can do so much more. The ability to track the events a user is doing and the ability to provide the just in time content for them is very beneficial, especially when you need to make some power users.

We have also been able to tie usage to certain initiatives we are doing since you can tie this to Salesforce objects.

Learning about ChurnZero?

* We monitor all ChurnZero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.