ChurnZero

ChurnZero

4.7

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn.

Work for ChurnZero?

Learning about ChurnZero?

ChurnZero Reviews

Ask ChurnZero a Question
Showing 104 ChurnZero reviews
ChurnZero review by Pete P.
Pete P.

"We love ChurnZero!"

What do you like best?

First a summary -

Our company, HomeActions, LLC, signed up for ChurnZero on January 20, 2017. I cannot say enough about how impressed we are with this company and how many benefits we now enjoy using their integrated platform.

As a Customer Success Manager handling over 5,000 customers, our firm needed a better solution for managing client churn and ChurnZero is the solution! Our CRM is NetSuite and we developed a proprietary email marketing solution used by many industries including: real estate, law, health & wellness, and CPA's.

ChurnZero was easily able to integrate their system into both of ours and the data we are now able to capture is amazing. Before ChurnZero, we were not able to identify what features of our service clients were using and what they were not. We were not easily able to recognize which segment of customers were at risk of churn and had more of a knee-jerk solution dealing with trying to save clients after they informed us of their intent to cancel their subscription. Not anymore!

Now, with ChurnZero fully integrated and operational, we target those groups of customers, based on criteria we selected, that are at the highest risk of cancelling and move to turn them around BEFORE they cancel. Additionally, we have "eyes" into what our customers are doing, what features they use and what they are not. We can drill into a single client or an entire database. The extent of what you are able to see is endless.

Ok, what we like the best:

1) Ease of implementation

2) Ease of use

3) Awesome support

4) Affordability

5) Ability to reduce churn and improve client loyalty

6) Net Promoter Score (NPS) built in surveys

What do you dislike?

This is a hard one, as not too many things we dislike and any issues raised are now on their IT tech development plans. But here you go.

1) Their email editor is basic and could use some enhancements

2) Unable to determine what criteria a particular client used to develop their individual churn score

3) Unable to set alerts or compose emails where more than one person can receive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about reducing churn or learning what you customers are really doing , invest in ChurnZero.

1) Improved client retention by 21% over prior year

2) Dramatically better client interaction

3) Ability to target segments based on criteria we select

4) Able to pinpoint by brand, sales rep, region, etc. problems with particular issues

6) Easily created drip campaigns to educate clients on product features, upgrades, etc.

7) Able to recognize problems before cancellation

8) Built in NPS surveys allow us unbiased feedback.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ChurnZero
ChurnZero review by James H.
James H.

"Fantastic Product and Team."

What do you like best?

We're still relatively early in our ChurnZero implementation, but the two things we love so far are being able to track what our users are doing in our platform (which is critical for everyone in the company, not just customer experience) and being able to communicate with them while they're in the product.

The in-app announcements have already proven extremely in better engaging our customers with product updates and marketing announcements. Now that we're tracking feature usage, we can now begin promoting and educating our users on our stickiest features that reduce the likelihood of churn.

I can also say that the customer support and training are the best I've come across. The CZ team is extremely responsive and flexible. We were quite particular during our implementation process and they were able to accommodate just about every request. Our team gains something valuable on every call we have with them. They understand the nuances and pressures of SaaS support team and cater to that.

What do you dislike?

The platform is VERY robust (obviously not a bad thing), but with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. It takes a few sessions to cover everything in the platform, and I think there could be more self-service materials to help with that. Generally speaking though, we haven't much that we don't like.

Ultimately, we want to try and reduce churn by better engaging and educating our customers on our stickiest features and we integrated ChurnZero to help execute that vision. We've already seen early benefits with the in-app announcements and anticipate all of its other tools helping us meet our CX goals.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

ChurnZero review by Pete P.
Pete P.

"Best investment ever made !!!"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero quickly and seamlessly integrated with our CRM NetSuite and our cloud-based user platform. It allows us to monitor and automatically react to data and real-time events our clients' perform on a daily basis. Dividing our customer base into manageable segments, we now have the ability to easily track the progress each client, or category of clients, makes throughout their customer journey. Based on their progress, we can now keep them informed or offer suggestions based on where they are positioned. Knowing what a customer does or does not do once they purchased a subscription has been the missing element for our company and ChurnZero was the solution. ChurnZero also allows Net Promoter Score surveys to easily be created and sent based on a schedule you prefer. Obtaining unbiased ratings of our service and valuable customer comments has proved most beneficial and resulted in many realignments within our company. Instant alerts can be set on key triggers, email "plays" automatically go out to targeted segments of customers, and the real-time analytics are very impressive.

What do you dislike?

There have never been many dislikes and the few we have had were already taken care of by their development team which is highly responsive to implementing improvements or enhancements.

Customer churn was the # 1 reason for implementing ChurnZero. We have seen a significant improvement in client loyalty and reduction of customer churn since adopting ChurnZero. Our annual investment has been recovered at least 20X to date.

ChurnZero review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"Changes the way we do business with our customers"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to use, fast, and sleek. It does everything I need it to and is an important part of the Customer Success Dept now at Tracx, I dont know what I did before we had it! I have also had the best service from the team at ChurnZero, they have held our hands through this whole process of getting set up and trained, it really makes a difference when you are trying to learn a new piece of technology.

What do you dislike?

There initial set up takes some work since there is much to think about on what to set up and how that will look and act in the system. But it is worth the effort, since the end result I got exactly what I needed. And of course Abby was there the whole time to walk us through the process and makes things as simple as possible for us.

Gives us insight into how our customers are using our product that we never had before. Helps my Account Managers prep for meetings, look for additional sales opportunities, and most importantly see potential usage issues before they become a bigger problem. It has completely changed how we communicate with our customers and run our business.

ChurnZero review by Kate R.
Kate R.

"Crucial tool for my success!"

What do you like best?

Churn Zero allows me to manage my entire client book, not just keep tabs on the most "vocal" clients. It is so helpful to be able to filter for different activities, and segments of clients. The customizeable Churn Scores and segments allows me to define what I feel makes a "good" or a "bad" clients, so I can really control my views.

I love the real-time alerts (that I can set and customize). This really allows me to stay on top of important issues.

The Playbooks save me so much time, I can easily identify and mass email my clients when needed. The in-app alerts are nifty too, as a different way to reach my clients!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget to log in when I start my day, but I still get the most important alerts emailed to me via CZ. So, even if I forget to log into the app, I am still in the know.

It would be great if CZ Activities could also push into my Salesforce Activity log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool gives you new views to your client book, as well as new ways to engage clients.

-Quiet clients are not always happy clients

-Identify at risk clients

-Stay on top of my entire book

-Find new Users that I may not have been introduced to

-Reduce Churn on clients (reduce revenue loss)

-Find new ways to engage quiet clients

-Mass update my clients (saves me time)

-Identify up sell opportunities (generate new revenue)

ChurnZero review by Sydney S.
Sydney S.

"Game-changing Tool!"

What do you like best?

First of all, I love the CZ team! Their product team is so incredibly engaged and beyond dedicated to getting you set up for success. They always make themselves available to hop on as many calls as you need (and we're needy!). We started pretty early with CZ and many of our pieces of feedback we're implemented relatively quickly into the product which was fantastic. They continue to do a great job of listening to their customers and illustrate this through the product and the consistent guidance they give to use the tool effectively.

Beyond the team, the product has served to pair SFDC and app usage data in a way that was CRITICAL for us to engage our customers appropriately to what plan they're on, where they are in their journey, and what they're actually doing in the product. Further - the ability to push in-app messages and content according to specific segments of our customer base coupled with the strong bidirectional sync with SFDC was a huge game changer for us, and ultimately solidified our decision to go with CZ in the first place - and they've definitely delivered. We're just starting to run more deliberate plays according to health score, but the ability to get so granular in creating a health score is pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

Like others, the only downfall has been on our end. Ensuring that we were tracking our app events correctly internally took a bit of time which delayed our ability to use CZ in full effect. The only other thing - and it's VERY small! - is I wish they put the merge fields in the test email when doing email plays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the work on the front end to ensure you're set up internally to track usage events so you can get the most of CZ ASAP. Also - to get used to the product log in and play around consistently (practice what you learned in your set up calls) - if not every day, every other day during the beginning stages.

Our core goal is customer retention. To achieve this goal, we have other driving objectives in place that revolve around giving each customer segment the appropriate experience, and doing so proactively to shorten the time-to-value (which we're able to do in CZ by customizing our engagement with them, as well as our internal process). ABV - "always bring value" is our team motto! ChurnZero has already helped us lower our "at-risk" customer count by allowing us to recognize key indicators /trends before they reach this stage and intervene appropriately.

ChurnZero review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"ChurnZero is a Life Saver! "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes it easy to find and segment my customer base based on a variety of criteria and then respond directly in meaningful ways that resonate with customers. ChurnZero also has a churn score associated with each account so I can quickly key in on the accounts that need more help and find those customers who are super users. I can setup alerts that come directly to my inbox or pop up in my browser letting me know when something important happens so I can respond right away. I love that I can build targeted and segmented lists based on account details or usage and export for quick follow up.

What do you dislike?

ChurnZero has been awesome and there is nothing that I can think of that they can do better currently! Really internally we need to step up our game!

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce.

I would love to have more time to dedicate to using the platform as I know how beneficial this platform can be! Maybe some additional resources that could be viewed on our own time such as quick videos or how-to guides.

I would love to work internally to develop messaging that can be used across the organization which cut down on some of the time any one person would have to spend making plays! Maybe some industry specific email templates that could then quickly be customized for plays aka email automation!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that will help give you insights right away into your client base. It will immediately help you identify customers that are struggling and those that are exceeding. It is very user friendly and has both simple features as well as more robust email automation features to help you consistently reach your customers when it is important to them and about what is most important to them. The team really listens to customer feedback as well and uses that feedback in developing their product so you know that they care about solving your business needs and your challenges!

Ultimately, ChurnZero helps me to grow not only our mutual relationship (client/Account Manager), but establishes me as a trusted and strategic partner. ChurnZero helps me to be a more proactive Account Manager instead of reactive. All in all helping to increase my renewal rates and maintain my clients trust. It elevates me from vendor to partner and I could not do this without the help of ChurnZero.

ChurnZero review by Ghizlaine M.
Ghizlaine M.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see my customers' usage in real-time - I'm able to create "plays" that send targeted emails to users based on inactivity (or activity). A great tool for a small customer success team to leverage given the scalability.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything has been great - their VP of Product, Abby, is a saint. She answers all questions quickly and provides best practices that help guide our small team's growth.

With a very small team serving our customers, we are stretched thin. Often, we aren't able to touchbase with some accounts for weeks. ChurnZero has changed this. We can now proactively email users that aren't using our platform much, track usage, and send alerts when critical accounts have dropping engagement. ChurnZero allows me to swoop in before renewal to ensure my accounts drum up usage.

ChurnZero review by Todd D.
Todd D.

"Very Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I'm a first time Customer Success Manager and have found ChurnZero very easy to use. This is especially impressive since I started my CSM role while ChurnZero was still in the implementation phase at our company. The support team has been really great too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get all the data you want into the same report. I'd attribute 80% of this issue to my newness with the system. As I understand it a new reporting module will be launched soon so I anticipate this will be a non-issue soon.

We are using a one to many customer success model and the ability to segment our customers and engage them using automated emails is amazing. Playbook creation is very simple so if a play isn't working you can quickly update it or create a new one. Monitoring customer usage of our software from within CZ and tracking the users customer journey, milestones and achievements are great features.

ChurnZero review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Very easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

To be able to evaluate clients by in- or decrease of usage and log-ins, and also the automated tasks or actions depending on a multitude of triggers. Of course it is very convenient to start plays and journeys at different stages, i.e. onboarding of new clients, first sale for clients, cancel requests and so on.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing, the only negative point is more of a cosmetic nature: the sidebar does not hide completely, showing some characters instead only the pictograms, which always looks crooked. But in general the graphics are very good, especially the dashboard, which is easy to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny.

Thanks to ChurnZero we have effectively reduced the response time for clients and we're able to track and solve oncoming problems much faster than before. Also the 'daily grind' is made much easier with automated tasks and actions.

ChurnZero review by David C.
David C.

"Great tool and service"

What do you like best?

The piece we have enjoyed the most is the assistance we have received through our onboarding process. Our CSM has been great, giving us a full understanding of the solution's capabilities, best practices across the industry and many other tips for a successful deployment.

The simplicity of integrating ChurnZero to other tools used in our business has been wonderful.

Finally, the ability to segment our base in many different ways is very helpful along with the fact that we can build our own workflows, task creation and responses to live events has made our CSM team much more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, just some nuisances.

1) When attempting to create responses to live events in our application, it would be much simpler to work with specific attributes rather than segments. This is something that was raised and work is being done to implement the capability

2) Unable to see a log of email communications - we have resorted to including our email addresses to the BCC list on every outbound email to ensure the messages are being delivered

1) Increase touch points and interaction with our customers

2) Automated yet personalized reactions to KPIs

3) Solidified onboarding process where milestones and time frames must be met, otherwise certain actions take place

4) Assisting with other departments' processes through KPI monitoring and task creation

ChurnZero review by User in Internet

"Easy to use of Client Success"

What do you like best?

We enjoy using Chrunzero because it allows our team to coordinate with each other on how to reach our clients. It keeps us organized and on top of client health. Additionally, being able to see how thoroughly and efficiently our clients are using the application allows us to see key places of improvement and modification.

What do you dislike?

So far it's difficult to keep track of all accounts and information seems delayed on where it's coming from. Additionally not all changes transfer between platforms.

We are solving Churn and reducing the amount of unhappy or unhealthy clients. We are quickly able to see the health of our clients and work proactively towards benefitting our clients.

ChurnZero review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Excellent for Account Managment"

What do you like best?

Being able to segment my client based on account attributes. Such a logins and internal usage.

What do you dislike?

More detail about individual accounts specifically being able to view how many release they have remaining.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Account Details beyond what is available through SF link. Specifically for my business, I need to see how many Releases the account has remaining which would require more integration into our core product.

Usage or lack there of of our platform. Being able to segment customer base to preform outreach tasks. Better understanding of how clients use our platform and how usage is a direct correlation to renewal rate.

ChurnZero review by John B.
John B.

"Great Product for Identifying Churn Risk and Being Proactive About Outreach"

What do you like best?

This tool makes it easy to identify risk factors that can lead to churn. It also allows us to proactively reach out to customers to stay on top of risk factors and prevent churn better than we could before. We've also been able to automate some of the outreach, which has lead to better customer engagement.

What do you dislike?

The editor for creating emails can be a bit clunky at times. It's difficult to copy content and paste into ChurnZero, which can add to the time it takes to create certain play steps.

We are utilizing ChurnZero to reduce churn and identify risk factors in our customer base. We've noticed better engagement with our customers using ChurnZero to automate some of the communication that we have.

ChurnZero review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"ChurnZero for Client Relations"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero leverages platform usage data to provide a bird's-eye view of client engagement and overall account health. Salesforce data is also integrated for a more complete picture. It's valuable to be able to click through and immediately assess account health. ChurnZero client support is also excellent - responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce remains our primary client engagement ecosystem and account touches happen often. It would be helpful if ChurnZero could sync with Salesforce records in real-time rather than every 15 minutes.

The task of any Saas company is to understand why customers churn and take all possible steps to maximize renewals. ChurnZero helps provide a fuller picture of account health, alerts account managers to potential problems, and provides tools like the CZ success panel and in-app announcements to better engage with clients.

ChurnZero review by Marieve M.
Marieve M.

"Very Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to track all of my customers in one spot. The granularity on exactly what your customers are doing, how likely they are to be happy/unhappy, when you need to chat with them, etc... is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The only con to Churn Zero is sometimes I have trouble loading certain pages. (Happens with all tech companies though).

ChurnZero is really helping me stay on top of accounts I need to contact. Especially around renewal time- I know exactly when I need to really target a specific account to make sure they're seeing success and getting everything they need from me in order to be a successful customer.

ChurnZero review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Easily Identifies Red Flags"

What do you like best?

Before we had ChurnZero, I used to have to generate more than one usage report per account to get any important usage information about an account. Now I can just login to ChurnZero and see usage data for any account with a couple clicks. Also, it has a dashboard that easily identifies which accounts are "red flags" and I should re-engage in conversation to FIGHT CHURN!

What do you dislike?

We were fortunate enough to have onsite training, but for users who don't get that experience, they might be intimidated by all of the functionality that the system has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Login everyday and make it a habit. Setup the alerts so it can let you know when a red flag goes up on an account so you can address any potential issues right away versus finding out the hard way (they don't renew).

We're helping provide more customers with greater value by looking at their ChurnZero account before having conversations to see usage data and figure out who isn't getting the full use out of the platform and may need additional help.

ChurnZero review by Brenna Z.
Brenna Z.

"Great Tool for the Modern Customer Success Role"

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success Manager, CZ is truly my organizational hub. Not only am I able to document detailed account notes, sync emails, and include attachments, but our custom integrations really help me stay on top of all accounts in a proactive way that is also tailored to our business processes. The CZ team takes our product feedback to heart, and consistently works with our team to ensure they're making improvements that truly benefit their customers.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if the "Details" section displayed account info from Salesforce in a more "clean" layout (the ability to select which account details to display would also be super helpful!) Churn Score is a great feature, but takes quite a bit of tweaking to get an accurate health check read. Would also love the ability to set up external alerts for tasks.

CZ is an invaluable tool for our growing Customer Success team. Not only does it help us stay organized and keep a detailed, up-to-date overview of our customer's progress and health, but our customer integrations also allow us to proactively address customer activity and needs.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Cool software, great team"

What do you like best?

Our CSM is extremely engaged and knowledgeable. The tool is rich in capability, and very customizable. In conjunction with some customization in our Salesforce implementation, we are able to segment customers in any way imaginable.

What do you dislike?

CZ relies heavily on the Account standard object in Salesforce, which has proven to be somewhat of a limitation for us.

ChurnZero allows our CSMs to proactively monitor and remedy our most acute client pain points. It has already helped us to speed up the response cycle.

ChurnZero review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"It turns insight into action- super helpful"

What do you like best?

Interface is designed to be informative.

What do you dislike?

I'm learning best practices as I go, since this is such a new software to me in general- even if it's been a year on the suite. I don't like that having access to so much data could mean I have 100 more things to do, but that's what the plays are for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Might need customizing heavily, but well worth it after identifying the goals you want to achieve.

Reduced invisibility and major legwork of how to prioritize accounts based on usage data and scores.

ChurnZero review by JJ A.
JJ A.

"Great tool for any Customer Success PRO!"

What do you like best?

This tool blows me away with it's functionality. I love how sophisticated I can get with segments. It allows me to look in depth at all of my accounts

What do you dislike?

The UI really let's me down. It's clunky and doesn't work as well I'd hoped. Many times I've found myself utilizing SFDC, because I prefer that UI to CZ's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChurnZero has an awesome staff that is heading in the right direction. Functionality should be your number one concern when choosing a tool, so I highly recommend this one. My only issue is that sometimes the UI can turn me off.

Keep track of my activity my accounts. It provides insights into which accounts are falling behind others in terms of engagement.

ChurnZero review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"Awesome Product - Always Getting Better, Too!"

What do you like best?

As the administrator/technical user, I like that they try to make everything as easy as one could to configure & set-up.

From setting up the tracking code for measuring different user activities in our application, to lining up the salesforce.com integration to tie to our customer accounts from our database, the whole process is very straightforward and can be completed by running through their documentation once and just knocking it out yourself.

Aside from the set-up, I'm a huge fan that they're always adding features and functionalities, while enhancing others, and it's apparent that they take customers requests into mind when building these out.

Going further, I really appreciate that they never roll out anything too early or half baked - each & every feature rollout has been packed with great new enhancements that really allow you to take how you're using ChurnZero to another level.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up.

On occasion, I find myself saying "damn, I wish I could also do x, y, z" when using a certain feature or function or "it would be cool if you could do a, b, c".

The good news is that ChurnZero is a great SaaS company & constantly improving their product, so chances are always high that eventually I can do xyz and abc - they've been great about taking feedback over our time with them and actually building features and functions out around them.

We're using ChurnZero to solve the challenges involved with measuring, monitoring & analyzing customer activity & actions within our application, combining it with CRM & customer/deal specific data, and then deriving meaningful information to actually act on.

Building off of this, ChurnZero provides a great medium to grab a pulse of your customers on every level possible - as an aggregate, segmented by defined groups, as an individual customer, and even down to individual users.

While we could certainly pull all this information ourselves, it would be inactionable, certainly more time intensive, and likely something much harder for the customer success team to digest compared to the incredible UI/UX provided by ChurnZero.

By & large the best benefits have been around the time saving achieved by putting all the information about a customer at the finger tips of the customer success team & allowing them to act from there.

ChurnZero review by Letitia P.
Letitia P.

"Great App!"

What do you like best?

Seeing who's currently logged into the account is very helpful. It allows me to reach out and engage quickly and also allows me to gain new contacts from quiet accounts.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to include a workflow-like play when setting up plays. For example, send X email to this group of accounts. If they open/click then send X email. This would help to further gauge my client's interests.

I'm able to see who's actively using the account and who's not. I'm able to reduce churn by reaching out to those who are quiet when I see they are in the account. It also allows me to communicate with many accounts at one time which saves a lot of time.

ChurnZero review by User in Internet

"Easy and Effectiv"

What do you like best?

It takes the guessing out of keeping track of clients. I'm able to see what my clients need help with and follow up with them via playbook and tasks.

What do you dislike?

There was a large learning curve. I feel like the majority of the platform was very easy to learn, but some of the terms were not as self explanatory as I was hoping.

We like to keep track of our clients - see when they are logging into our software.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The more we use ChurnZero, the more I wonder how we did our jobs without it"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero saves me time and allows my team to make decisions based on data. We're able to get in front of risk, prioritize activities, and disseminate information to our customers more effectively. Increasingly, Churn Zero is the tool we use for new projects, and the solution we find for new challenges.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I greatly dislike. We have grown our use of the platform and uncovered more use cases and needs. The team at ChurnZero has done a great job growing with us and helping us re-work our integrations and set up to meet our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, you have to use it to see the benefits. Come up with a strategic plan and empower individuals to explore and take ownership.

We have been able to use insights from Churn Zero to proactively address risk, send targeted messaging to clients, increase engagement and customer feedback in our annual survey, and empower our managers and team to better serve their clients.

ChurnZero review by Angelika L.
Angelika L.

"Triple Threat: Fantastic solution, support, and leadership"

What do you like best?

I reviewed three software solutions before selecting ChurnZero for our tech company. I was thoroughly impressed with the usability, integration capabilities, and how evolved the solution was for being an earlier player within the industry (back in Q12016). ChurnZero's software seemed more advanced than their counterparts who had been in the industry for 10+ years and was at an attractive price point that I could help justify to key stakeholders.

My implementation and support experience was top notch. I worked with the VP of the product, and she took the time to understand our business needs, provided best-in-class recommendations through the process based on our goals, shared strategic guidance with our entire executive team across multiple business functions, and provided unparalleled service through a myriad of questions and modifications.

ChurnZero's CEO and VP of Product helped us strategize through adoption, engagement, and structuring the algorithms. Their partnership helped nurture a wonderful relationship and prepare us to meet our organizational objectives.

What do you dislike?

There were opportunities to make the filters a bit more intuitive, but overall it was very user-friendly!

We used ChurnZero to predict, reduce, and manage turn for our SaaS clients, help us increase contract value by evaluating which clients are likely to upsell and cross-sell, and improve client satisfaction by tracking overall client engagement across a myriad of factors that were synced over from Salesforce and our API's.

ChurnZero review by Diana B.
Diana B.

"Great for Insight into Accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see what my clients are doing within their platform. It gives me a better understanding of their true needs versus what they tell me their needs are. I like being able to see their ranking compared to other clients so that I can prioritize my outreach.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my accounts aren't in ChurnZero but that is an issue with the Salesforce integration and the staff at ChurnZero are extremely helpful in correcting it.

Understanding my business and clients more so that I can renew them at a higher rate. Knowing their usage and who is logging in to accomplish tasks is a huge benefit - it gives me additional contacts to reach out to when my main point of contact isn't responding.

ChurnZero review by Kim G.
Kim G.

"More Insight Than Ever"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes it incredibly easy to see a client's detailed activity with just a couple clicks. Before using this tool it was time-consuming and tedious to login to each individual system and look at a number of reports to get the same data.

I also love that it doesn't require you to go in and search for details of an account. With ChurnZero, you can receive email alerts that are customized around your preferences, and ensures that I am on top of important occurrences.

What do you dislike?

One downside is that length of time to get new features added that were not initially implemented. That said, ChurnZero has been absolutely amazing in taking feedback, answering questions and listening to requests to make the user experience even better. With the layers of communication and technology that needs to sync up it has taken some time to add new data points, but knowing that the team is always willing to help makes it a minor concern.

This tool allows me to be more aware of the unique actions and needs of customers. The benefits I've experienced include:

Easy to prioritize those who need more outreach

Create segments in order to strategically and intelligently approach clients

Ultimately helps you be more in-tune with what is happening with each individual account so that you can be a better asset to your clients

There have been a number of times that an email alert has caused me to take action with a client and have won them over with being attentive and offer help right when it was needed. The tool does exactly what it is intended for and gives you the insight to be better engaged with clients, avoid generic outreach and fight churn.

ChurnZero review by Sophie B.
Sophie B.

"Great tool and awesome team !"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero helps me manage my entire book of business in more impactful ways. I can target clients based on their application use and/or our interactions. Also, I can stay more in touch with all of my accounts and it takes much less time.

What do you dislike?

I use Outlook activities to keep track of my to-do list. It would be great if ChurnZero could push my activities to Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am very happy with the tool and highly recommending it. The ChurnZero team is fantastic at helping to optimize use based on your business need and is very responsive.

Easily finding and targeting quiet clients. This help to stay in front of them and get more engagement.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy way to engage"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to keep in touch with a large group of my customers with very little effort. I am able to create specific messaging for groups of my customers that will help not only them but keep my day to day business streamlined.

What do you dislike?

ChurnZero is still working out a few bugs here and there but I fully believe that the system will be bug free by the end of 2017.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have too many customers and don't know how to keep in touch with them, ChurnZero is the company to help you.

We have a lot of issues making sure our customer base is getting the attention needed. We are able to release specific messaging and keep watch of high risk customers and avoid cancellations by watching for risky behaviors.

ChurnZero review by Leilani S.
Leilani S.

"Takes Customer Success the a whole new level!"

What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

What do you dislike?

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

ChurnZero review by User

"Great product for forward looking companies"

What do you like best?

Implementing ChurnZero helped us rethink what was truly important interactions with customers, which was worth the price alone.

What do you dislike?

Our Salesforce configuration is extremely customized and consistently changing, which has caused some issues.

Helping us identify healthy customer relationships

ChurnZero review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"ChurnZero is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I am constantly working with clients and scheduling calls, so ChurnZero is great for me to quickly check usage reports, recent activities, and even active contacts. There have been a few times I've been able to identify new users simply from the CZ dashboard or my custom alerts, which has helped me to be visible to everyone I should be engaged with

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with the service. Sometimes the ChurnScore might not be as representative of my clients' health, but that is basically subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trigger email alerts! I've been able to promptly address potential client "fires" with the client before the client brought them up to me. This positioned me as a knowledgeable ally and resource that they can come to for assistance.

Prior to ChurnZero I would spend more time than necessary trying to understand when and how my clients were utilizing their platforms and even with this research, there was still a large unknown factor. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately survey the health of my clients and better position myself as a resource to them and also allowed me to address any issues they might be experiencing proactively, rather than reactively.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for anyone in client success!"

What do you like best?

How it consolidates all the information you'd need about your clients and users into one place. Most importantly it pulls in extremely helpful information on assessing whether or not a client is in good health. It's hard to keep all of that information organized and to check up on it regularly but between ChurnZero's notifications and consolidation of information, you feel much more confident that you are up to date.

What do you dislike?

It does feel like there is a lot crammed onto every page. I think there could be less graphics and visuals on the dashboard and command center.

We're solving a need to keep track of customer information ranging from their basic contact information, history of our contact with them as well as their overall satisfaction with our product.

ChurnZero review by Trey G.
Trey G.

"ChurnZero is a 10!"

What do you like best?

The product is flexible enough for our diverse customer base. Some need high touch and others we want to automate. We have that choice and flexibility with ChurnZero. Their implementation team is very good and has put in the time to make sure we are seeing results.

What do you dislike?

We didn't get it implemented earlier. : ) And in app mobile messaging would be great.

Understanding our customer behavior in our software to be able to provide better proactive support both automated and not.

ChurnZero review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"ChurnZero is a useful, exciting, and rapidly growing customer success platform"

What do you like best?

The customer service from the CZ team goes above and beyond expectations. They have helped us get ChurnZero set up in the way that is most useful to our team's workflows and have been great at communicating with us.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be prettier; however, the functionality is all there.

ChurnZero has helped our company's growing customer success team move a lot of our disparate systems and processes together into one platform, and helps us execute against them.

Our team's biggest use cases have been ability to set up plays based on nearly any action (or inaction) that clients take, the ability to send NPS surveys through ChurnZero, and the move our weekly reporting system into the accounts section of ChurnZero.

ChurnZero review by Malcolm M.
Malcolm M.

"ChurnZero makes identifying customer product pain and usability insights a cinch"

What do you like best?

granular data, goal setting, intervention in experience

What do you dislike?

The learning curve to implementing well working 'plays'.

Understanding new customer usage as well as effectiveness of my onboarding sessions. I'm able to followup, in realtime, how users are adopting the software, and if they're having trouble, or my account is in the red, I can be notified immediately and automate my response.

ChurnZero review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Love this service!"

What do you like best?

Churn Zero allows me to gain insight into usage of our product. It gives me valuable insight into what users are doing, and how much engagement is happening at a user level.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any negatives for this service. One might be that the alerts are only able to be sent via email to one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support given to you from Churn Team members! They are very helpful and will work with you to accomplish what is needed.

We are solving low engagement, and are now able to catch it and reengage users who are not utilizing our service. I've especially realized benefits with the plays you can run through churn. It can automatically target disengaged users via email without me having to do anything.

ChurnZero review by Franklin W.
Franklin W.

"SUPER USEFUL"

What do you like best?

How Detail i can get information and i can have all the information i need in one area

What do you dislike?

How i dont know how to use everything with it ...YETT

Some of the biggest benefits i have are how much i can go and look at any and all the information step by step for a customer

ChurnZero review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Useful Retention Tool"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes managing a large number of clients manageable for our team. It has allowed us to monitor client behavior, report on engagement, and get ahead of risk.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve as the UI can be somewhat overwhelming for new users.

Our primary objective is retaining revenue. We use ChurnZero to monitor client engagement and product feature utilization.

ChurnZero review by Bri M.
Bri M.

"Love ChurnZero!"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage client health reports. Keeping track at which rate clients will possibly renew. Client health/retention is extremely important for a startup like Terminus. We want our customers to be advocates of our brand and we are able to track their overall health with us through ChurnZero

What do you dislike?

Score doesn’t factor in other techs used to qualify the clients health

Keeping track of upcoming client renewals and churn possibilities. Easier to track down those clients who may need a bit more love before renewal

ChurnZero review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent! "

What do you like best?

I love that we can see our customers account details at a glance. Helps a ton with being able to be respond to our customers promptly.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far, i'm still learning it more and more each day.

Staying on top of churn, being more proactive.

ChurnZero review by Allison V.
Allison V.

"In-depth insight to help with customer success "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero provides us with insight to customers that we normally wouldn't have. We also are able to share this information, such as more detailed usage, with customers, which they find helpful, but we do too. Also, easy to understand and Abby is so fun, knowledgeable and great to work with!

What do you dislike?

Not much, I wish there was a "chat with us" available when I needed something right away.

- Helps us identify when a client has or hasn't adopted our product

- Scoring helps us understand the health of an account

- Improved customer conversations

- Email campaigns are very helpful with adoption

-Reporting helps us with our daily workflow and responsibilities

ChurnZero review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"New to the game but holding its own"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero allows me an at-a-glance look at my customers' activities so I know where to provide the most support and training in our platform. It's also a great way to see the health of your accounts.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a newer platform, there are sometimes some things that don't speak to the ChurnZero system. Things don't update as accurately and require some fine-tuning to the integration with our software or some deep-digging to find the truth about the clients' account activity.

Being able to more proactively outreach to clients who are missing the mark in our goals as an onboarding and support team. We can save time by setting up "plays" for auto-outreach for different variables

ChurnZero review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"A Bottom Line Moving Tool for Client Retention"

What do you like best?

From an account management and client retention perspective, the insight gained into the health of your customer base is incredible with CZ. Managing a team responsible for subscription customer retention, CZ has provided me with a more accurate macro level view of how my team's customers are adopting, using, and finding/not finding value in the solutions they purchased.

We have been able to identify red flags and potentially at-risk clients much earlier in their life cycle, allowing for more time to address any unknown issues happening with a customer.

Forecasting revenue and retention rate on a monthly/quarterly basis has also been improved, as usage data provides an unbiased look into how attached to a product a customer might be.

What do you dislike?

CZ is a robust tool which offers a number of valuable features and possible usage. This is great and something you definitely want to have available, but there is a planning and learning period required in order to get the most out of the tool so don't expect to be up and running immediately. Not a dislike but something to be aware of, having your own product/CRM capable of providing the usage data you are looking to monitor in CZ is required. We have run into some areas where our own limitations have come in the way of getting the most out of CZ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan what you want to monitor in CZ and ensure your product/CRM is capable of providing the necessary data.

One huge positive of CZ is how valuable it can be across multiple departments and roles within our organization, so each user could answer a question like this completely differently. From my perspective the main areas of focus and problem solving have come in:

-Forecasting (Churn rate & Revenue)

-Identify & Address At-Risk Customers (Low adopters/users Churn higher)

-Find new users within accounts to expand network of contacts (Has reduced Churn due to customer turnover)

-Subscribe and push Alerts out to my team for activity events with accounts I want them to be on top

-Reporting (Custom Segments to report on exactly what I need to analyze)

-Mass updates to customers

ChurnZero review by Paul R.
Paul R.

"Takes Customer Success to a new level"

What do you like best?

As others here have stated, the team at ChurnZero is second to none. The attention they pay during the on-boarding process is key to the client's success.

In regards to the product, real-time alerts on client behaviors allows us to address red-flag triggers in a timely and meaningful way. And the ability to provide immediate, in-app user feedback and suggestions based on their use pattern is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that we have not been able to free up our internal team to focus on rolling this out fast enough. Having a dedicated engineer on your internal team would be ideal though not generally realistic. At least not yet for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to dedicate a couple of team members to the on-boarding process. It is a bit more complex than you might initially expect but it is more than worth it when attended to properly.

We needed an easy way to identify clients with a potential to churn so we could proactively address it either immediately with in-app messaging and/or by notifying our internal team so they can reach out.

ChurnZero review by User in Computer Software

"ChurnZero is a great product to create Reports for clients"

What do you like best?

The service is spectacular - always responsive to questions and concerns

Easy to integrate with Salesforce

I use the product the most when I am creating reports for our clients. I can narrow down to event type (our features) as well as to an individual user's usage.

Churn Score is a fast way to see how each company is using our product. Our director can immediately create plays + drive usage if the Churn Score is not up to our standards.

Not a dislike but like a pain point: We had to initially change a lot of our workflow in Salesforce. A bit time-consuming but now it has become second nature.

What do you dislike?

The help center needs to be updated - I would prefer self-service over constantly emailing our Account Manager (though she is great!)

There were times when our Customer Success team found discrepancies with data. Unfortunately, this requires a lot of time with Tech/Salesforce admin. Most of this was our own problem, but it can be worrying to know if you can trust the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChurnZero can be a little overwhelming at times but once you become comfortable with the platform, it is a great tool to decrease the volume of churned customers.

Plays + Reporting features are my favorite. Easy to use and highly customizable.

Decreasing the amount of companies that churn. It gives us fair warning when a client hasn't used our platform. We can then have Sales and Management reach out to drive usage.

The Plays can be highly customizable: can replicate your company's font/color and you can add memes/gifs!!!!!

ChurnZero review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Excellent way to get training in front of customers"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it has and the ability to see usage and tie it to customer data in Salesforce. The ability to run plays and set goals for user behavior helps to ensure we are focusing our efforts in the best possible way and not wasting any effort.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't had any issues, get familiar with the system was easy and they do assist you along the way.

I am attempting to get training out to new users for our software. That was the easy part, but i have realized that you can do so much more. The ability to track the events a user is doing and the ability to provide the just in time content for them is very beneficial, especially when you need to make some power users.

We have also been able to tie usage to certain initiatives we are doing since you can tie this to Salesforce objects.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"A helpful tool for client insights"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is second to none. As someone who is constantly doing 10 things at once its super important to have a platform that is easy and quick to use.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about the platform. I believe the functionality is perfect for what I use it for.

I am able to quickly see if my clients are utilizing our platform. It is nice to know when clients are being honest/truthful with me, as well as understanding what they are utilizing our platform for.

ChurnZero review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"A great way to gauge healthy customers and proactively reach out!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to quickly view customers on an account level and individual level to track usage trends, and identify power users. It's incredibly helpful in a customer success role to be able to set up usage thresholds so that I can reach out proactively -- you can also set up 'plays' to do this automatically, making ChurnZero an asset to any customer success team looking to scale.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the reporting/dashboard functions that are currently available. I'd like to be able to view a bunch of different dashboards, relationships between certain factors, line graphs, etc. to better track what's happening at a particular account.

We are trying to drive high adoption and usage right out of the gate, and use ChurnZero to track this right from the moment a user is trained. I would say the biggest benefit is being able to understand what's going on with a current customer proactively, without having to wait for the renewal conversation.

Learn more about ChurnZero

ChurnZero Videos

Learning about ChurnZero?

* We monitor all ChurnZero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.