ChurnZero

ChurnZero

4.7

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses fight customer churn.

Work for ChurnZero?

Learning about ChurnZero?

ChurnZero Reviews

Ask ChurnZero a Question
Showing 88 ChurnZero reviews
ChurnZero review by Pete P.
Pete P.

"We love ChurnZero!"

What do you like best?

First a summary -

Our company, HomeActions, LLC, signed up for ChurnZero on January 20, 2017. I cannot say enough about how impressed we are with this company and how many benefits we now enjoy using their integrated platform.

As a Customer Success Manager handling over 5,000 customers, our firm needed a better solution for managing client churn and ChurnZero is the solution! Our CRM is NetSuite and we developed a proprietary email marketing solution used by many industries including: real estate, law, health & wellness, and CPA's.

ChurnZero was easily able to integrate their system into both of ours and the data we are now able to capture is amazing. Before ChurnZero, we were not able to identify what features of our service clients were using and what they were not. We were not easily able to recognize which segment of customers were at risk of churn and had more of a knee-jerk solution dealing with trying to save clients after they informed us of their intent to cancel their subscription. Not anymore!

Now, with ChurnZero fully integrated and operational, we target those groups of customers, based on criteria we selected, that are at the highest risk of cancelling and move to turn them around BEFORE they cancel. Additionally, we have "eyes" into what our customers are doing, what features they use and what they are not. We can drill into a single client or an entire database. The extent of what you are able to see is endless.

Ok, what we like the best:

1) Ease of implementation

2) Ease of use

3) Awesome support

4) Affordability

5) Ability to reduce churn and improve client loyalty

6) Net Promoter Score (NPS) built in surveys

What do you dislike?

This is a hard one, as not too many things we dislike and any issues raised are now on their IT tech development plans. But here you go.

1) Their email editor is basic and could use some enhancements

2) Unable to determine what criteria a particular client used to develop their individual churn score

3) Unable to set alerts or compose emails where more than one person can receive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about reducing churn or learning what you customers are really doing , invest in ChurnZero.

1) Improved client retention by 21% over prior year

2) Dramatically better client interaction

3) Ability to target segments based on criteria we select

4) Able to pinpoint by brand, sales rep, region, etc. problems with particular issues

6) Easily created drip campaigns to educate clients on product features, upgrades, etc.

7) Able to recognize problems before cancellation

8) Built in NPS surveys allow us unbiased feedback.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ChurnZero
ChurnZero review by James H.
James H.

"Fantastic Product and Team."

What do you like best?

We're still relatively early in our ChurnZero implementation, but the two things we love so far are being able to track what our users are doing in our platform (which is critical for everyone in the company, not just customer experience) and being able to communicate with them while they're in the product.

The in-app announcements have already proven extremely in better engaging our customers with product updates and marketing announcements. Now that we're tracking feature usage, we can now begin promoting and educating our users on our stickiest features that reduce the likelihood of churn.

I can also say that the customer support and training are the best I've come across. The CZ team is extremely responsive and flexible. We were quite particular during our implementation process and they were able to accommodate just about every request. Our team gains something valuable on every call we have with them. They understand the nuances and pressures of SaaS support team and cater to that.

What do you dislike?

The platform is VERY robust (obviously not a bad thing), but with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. It takes a few sessions to cover everything in the platform, and I think there could be more self-service materials to help with that. Generally speaking though, we haven't much that we don't like.

Ultimately, we want to try and reduce churn by better engaging and educating our customers on our stickiest features and we integrated ChurnZero to help execute that vision. We've already seen early benefits with the in-app announcements and anticipate all of its other tools helping us meet our CX goals.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

ChurnZero review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"Changes the way we do business with our customers"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to use, fast, and sleek. It does everything I need it to and is an important part of the Customer Success Dept now at Tracx, I dont know what I did before we had it! I have also had the best service from the team at ChurnZero, they have held our hands through this whole process of getting set up and trained, it really makes a difference when you are trying to learn a new piece of technology.

What do you dislike?

There initial set up takes some work since there is much to think about on what to set up and how that will look and act in the system. But it is worth the effort, since the end result I got exactly what I needed. And of course Abby was there the whole time to walk us through the process and makes things as simple as possible for us.

Gives us insight into how our customers are using our product that we never had before. Helps my Account Managers prep for meetings, look for additional sales opportunities, and most importantly see potential usage issues before they become a bigger problem. It has completely changed how we communicate with our customers and run our business.

ChurnZero review by Kate R.
Kate R.

"Crucial tool for my success!"

What do you like best?

Churn Zero allows me to manage my entire client book, not just keep tabs on the most "vocal" clients. It is so helpful to be able to filter for different activities, and segments of clients. The customizeable Churn Scores and segments allows me to define what I feel makes a "good" or a "bad" clients, so I can really control my views.

I love the real-time alerts (that I can set and customize). This really allows me to stay on top of important issues.

The Playbooks save me so much time, I can easily identify and mass email my clients when needed. The in-app alerts are nifty too, as a different way to reach my clients!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget to log in when I start my day, but I still get the most important alerts emailed to me via CZ. So, even if I forget to log into the app, I am still in the know.

It would be great if CZ Activities could also push into my Salesforce Activity log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool gives you new views to your client book, as well as new ways to engage clients.

-Quiet clients are not always happy clients

-Identify at risk clients

-Stay on top of my entire book

-Find new Users that I may not have been introduced to

-Reduce Churn on clients (reduce revenue loss)

-Find new ways to engage quiet clients

-Mass update my clients (saves me time)

-Identify up sell opportunities (generate new revenue)

ChurnZero review by Sydney S.
Sydney S.

"Game-changing Tool!"

What do you like best?

First of all, I love the CZ team! Their product team is so incredibly engaged and beyond dedicated to getting you set up for success. They always make themselves available to hop on as many calls as you need (and we're needy!). We started pretty early with CZ and many of our pieces of feedback we're implemented relatively quickly into the product which was fantastic. They continue to do a great job of listening to their customers and illustrate this through the product and the consistent guidance they give to use the tool effectively.

Beyond the team, the product has served to pair SFDC and app usage data in a way that was CRITICAL for us to engage our customers appropriately to what plan they're on, where they are in their journey, and what they're actually doing in the product. Further - the ability to push in-app messages and content according to specific segments of our customer base coupled with the strong bidirectional sync with SFDC was a huge game changer for us, and ultimately solidified our decision to go with CZ in the first place - and they've definitely delivered. We're just starting to run more deliberate plays according to health score, but the ability to get so granular in creating a health score is pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

Like others, the only downfall has been on our end. Ensuring that we were tracking our app events correctly internally took a bit of time which delayed our ability to use CZ in full effect. The only other thing - and it's VERY small! - is I wish they put the merge fields in the test email when doing email plays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the work on the front end to ensure you're set up internally to track usage events so you can get the most of CZ ASAP. Also - to get used to the product log in and play around consistently (practice what you learned in your set up calls) - if not every day, every other day during the beginning stages.

Our core goal is customer retention. To achieve this goal, we have other driving objectives in place that revolve around giving each customer segment the appropriate experience, and doing so proactively to shorten the time-to-value (which we're able to do in CZ by customizing our engagement with them, as well as our internal process). ABV - "always bring value" is our team motto! ChurnZero has already helped us lower our "at-risk" customer count by allowing us to recognize key indicators /trends before they reach this stage and intervene appropriately.

ChurnZero review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"ChurnZero is a Life Saver! "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes it easy to find and segment my customer base based on a variety of criteria and then respond directly in meaningful ways that resonate with customers. ChurnZero also has a churn score associated with each account so I can quickly key in on the accounts that need more help and find those customers who are super users. I can setup alerts that come directly to my inbox or pop up in my browser letting me know when something important happens so I can respond right away. I love that I can build targeted and segmented lists based on account details or usage and export for quick follow up.

What do you dislike?

ChurnZero has been awesome and there is nothing that I can think of that they can do better currently! Really internally we need to step up our game!

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce.

I would love to have more time to dedicate to using the platform as I know how beneficial this platform can be! Maybe some additional resources that could be viewed on our own time such as quick videos or how-to guides.

I would love to work internally to develop messaging that can be used across the organization which cut down on some of the time any one person would have to spend making plays! Maybe some industry specific email templates that could then quickly be customized for plays aka email automation!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that will help give you insights right away into your client base. It will immediately help you identify customers that are struggling and those that are exceeding. It is very user friendly and has both simple features as well as more robust email automation features to help you consistently reach your customers when it is important to them and about what is most important to them. The team really listens to customer feedback as well and uses that feedback in developing their product so you know that they care about solving your business needs and your challenges!

Ultimately, ChurnZero helps me to grow not only our mutual relationship (client/Account Manager), but establishes me as a trusted and strategic partner. ChurnZero helps me to be a more proactive Account Manager instead of reactive. All in all helping to increase my renewal rates and maintain my clients trust. It elevates me from vendor to partner and I could not do this without the help of ChurnZero.

ChurnZero review by Ghizlaine M.
Ghizlaine M.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see my customers' usage in real-time - I'm able to create "plays" that send targeted emails to users based on inactivity (or activity). A great tool for a small customer success team to leverage given the scalability.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything has been great - their VP of Product, Abby, is a saint. She answers all questions quickly and provides best practices that help guide our small team's growth.

With a very small team serving our customers, we are stretched thin. Often, we aren't able to touchbase with some accounts for weeks. ChurnZero has changed this. We can now proactively email users that aren't using our platform much, track usage, and send alerts when critical accounts have dropping engagement. ChurnZero allows me to swoop in before renewal to ensure my accounts drum up usage.

ChurnZero review by Todd D.
Todd D.

"Very Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I'm a first time Customer Success Manager and have found ChurnZero very easy to use. This is especially impressive since I started my CSM role while ChurnZero was still in the implementation phase at our company. The support team has been really great too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get all the data you want into the same report. I'd attribute 80% of this issue to my newness with the system. As I understand it a new reporting module will be launched soon so I anticipate this will be a non-issue soon.

We are using a one to many customer success model and the ability to segment our customers and engage them using automated emails is amazing. Playbook creation is very simple so if a play isn't working you can quickly update it or create a new one. Monitoring customer usage of our software from within CZ and tracking the users customer journey, milestones and achievements are great features.

ChurnZero review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Very easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

To be able to evaluate clients by in- or decrease of usage and log-ins, and also the automated tasks or actions depending on a multitude of triggers. Of course it is very convenient to start plays and journeys at different stages, i.e. onboarding of new clients, first sale for clients, cancel requests and so on.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing, the only negative point is more of a cosmetic nature: the sidebar does not hide completely, showing some characters instead only the pictograms, which always looks crooked. But in general the graphics are very good, especially the dashboard, which is easy to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny.

Thanks to ChurnZero we have effectively reduced the response time for clients and we're able to track and solve oncoming problems much faster than before. Also the 'daily grind' is made much easier with automated tasks and actions.

ChurnZero review by David C.
David C.

"Great tool and service"

What do you like best?

The piece we have enjoyed the most is the assistance we have received through our onboarding process. Our CSM has been great, giving us a full understanding of the solution's capabilities, best practices across the industry and many other tips for a successful deployment.

The simplicity of integrating ChurnZero to other tools used in our business has been wonderful.

Finally, the ability to segment our base in many different ways is very helpful along with the fact that we can build our own workflows, task creation and responses to live events has made our CSM team much more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, just some nuisances.

1) When attempting to create responses to live events in our application, it would be much simpler to work with specific attributes rather than segments. This is something that was raised and work is being done to implement the capability

2) Unable to see a log of email communications - we have resorted to including our email addresses to the BCC list on every outbound email to ensure the messages are being delivered

1) Increase touch points and interaction with our customers

2) Automated yet personalized reactions to KPIs

3) Solidified onboarding process where milestones and time frames must be met, otherwise certain actions take place

4) Assisting with other departments' processes through KPI monitoring and task creation

ChurnZero review by User in Internet

"Easy to use of Client Success"

What do you like best?

We enjoy using Chrunzero because it allows our team to coordinate with each other on how to reach our clients. It keeps us organized and on top of client health. Additionally, being able to see how thoroughly and efficiently our clients are using the application allows us to see key places of improvement and modification.

What do you dislike?

So far it's difficult to keep track of all accounts and information seems delayed on where it's coming from. Additionally not all changes transfer between platforms.

We are solving Churn and reducing the amount of unhappy or unhealthy clients. We are quickly able to see the health of our clients and work proactively towards benefitting our clients.

ChurnZero review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Excellent for Account Managment"

What do you like best?

Being able to segment my client based on account attributes. Such a logins and internal usage.

What do you dislike?

More detail about individual accounts specifically being able to view how many release they have remaining.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Account Details beyond what is available through SF link. Specifically for my business, I need to see how many Releases the account has remaining which would require more integration into our core product.

Usage or lack there of of our platform. Being able to segment customer base to preform outreach tasks. Better understanding of how clients use our platform and how usage is a direct correlation to renewal rate.

ChurnZero review by John B.
John B.

"Great Product for Identifying Churn Risk and Being Proactive About Outreach"

What do you like best?

This tool makes it easy to identify risk factors that can lead to churn. It also allows us to proactively reach out to customers to stay on top of risk factors and prevent churn better than we could before. We've also been able to automate some of the outreach, which has lead to better customer engagement.

What do you dislike?

The editor for creating emails can be a bit clunky at times. It's difficult to copy content and paste into ChurnZero, which can add to the time it takes to create certain play steps.

We are utilizing ChurnZero to reduce churn and identify risk factors in our customer base. We've noticed better engagement with our customers using ChurnZero to automate some of the communication that we have.

ChurnZero review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"ChurnZero for Client Relations"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero leverages platform usage data to provide a bird's-eye view of client engagement and overall account health. Salesforce data is also integrated for a more complete picture. It's valuable to be able to click through and immediately assess account health. ChurnZero client support is also excellent - responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce remains our primary client engagement ecosystem and account touches happen often. It would be helpful if ChurnZero could sync with Salesforce records in real-time rather than every 15 minutes.

The task of any Saas company is to understand why customers churn and take all possible steps to maximize renewals. ChurnZero helps provide a fuller picture of account health, alerts account managers to potential problems, and provides tools like the CZ success panel and in-app announcements to better engage with clients.

ChurnZero review by Marieve M.
Marieve M.

"Very Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to track all of my customers in one spot. The granularity on exactly what your customers are doing, how likely they are to be happy/unhappy, when you need to chat with them, etc... is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The only con to Churn Zero is sometimes I have trouble loading certain pages. (Happens with all tech companies though).

ChurnZero is really helping me stay on top of accounts I need to contact. Especially around renewal time- I know exactly when I need to really target a specific account to make sure they're seeing success and getting everything they need from me in order to be a successful customer.

ChurnZero review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Easily Identifies Red Flags"

What do you like best?

Before we had ChurnZero, I used to have to generate more than one usage report per account to get any important usage information about an account. Now I can just login to ChurnZero and see usage data for any account with a couple clicks. Also, it has a dashboard that easily identifies which accounts are "red flags" and I should re-engage in conversation to FIGHT CHURN!

What do you dislike?

We were fortunate enough to have onsite training, but for users who don't get that experience, they might be intimidated by all of the functionality that the system has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Login everyday and make it a habit. Setup the alerts so it can let you know when a red flag goes up on an account so you can address any potential issues right away versus finding out the hard way (they don't renew).

We're helping provide more customers with greater value by looking at their ChurnZero account before having conversations to see usage data and figure out who isn't getting the full use out of the platform and may need additional help.

ChurnZero review by Brenna Z.
Brenna Z.

"Great Tool for the Modern Customer Success Role"

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success Manager, CZ is truly my organizational hub. Not only am I able to document detailed account notes, sync emails, and include attachments, but our custom integrations really help me stay on top of all accounts in a proactive way that is also tailored to our business processes. The CZ team takes our product feedback to heart, and consistently works with our team to ensure they're making improvements that truly benefit their customers.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if the "Details" section displayed account info from Salesforce in a more "clean" layout (the ability to select which account details to display would also be super helpful!) Churn Score is a great feature, but takes quite a bit of tweaking to get an accurate health check read. Would also love the ability to set up external alerts for tasks.

CZ is an invaluable tool for our growing Customer Success team. Not only does it help us stay organized and keep a detailed, up-to-date overview of our customer's progress and health, but our customer integrations also allow us to proactively address customer activity and needs.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Cool software, great team"

What do you like best?

Our CSM is extremely engaged and knowledgeable. The tool is rich in capability, and very customizable. In conjunction with some customization in our Salesforce implementation, we are able to segment customers in any way imaginable.

What do you dislike?

CZ relies heavily on the Account standard object in Salesforce, which has proven to be somewhat of a limitation for us.

ChurnZero allows our CSMs to proactively monitor and remedy our most acute client pain points. It has already helped us to speed up the response cycle.

ChurnZero review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"It turns insight into action- super helpful"

What do you like best?

Interface is designed to be informative.

What do you dislike?

I'm learning best practices as I go, since this is such a new software to me in general- even if it's been a year on the suite. I don't like that having access to so much data could mean I have 100 more things to do, but that's what the plays are for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Might need customizing heavily, but well worth it after identifying the goals you want to achieve.

Reduced invisibility and major legwork of how to prioritize accounts based on usage data and scores.

ChurnZero review by JJ A.
JJ A.

"Great tool for any Customer Success PRO!"

What do you like best?

This tool blows me away with it's functionality. I love how sophisticated I can get with segments. It allows me to look in depth at all of my accounts

What do you dislike?

The UI really let's me down. It's clunky and doesn't work as well I'd hoped. Many times I've found myself utilizing SFDC, because I prefer that UI to CZ's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChurnZero has an awesome staff that is heading in the right direction. Functionality should be your number one concern when choosing a tool, so I highly recommend this one. My only issue is that sometimes the UI can turn me off.

Keep track of my activity my accounts. It provides insights into which accounts are falling behind others in terms of engagement.

ChurnZero review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"Awesome Product - Always Getting Better, Too!"

What do you like best?

As the administrator/technical user, I like that they try to make everything as easy as one could to configure & set-up.

From setting up the tracking code for measuring different user activities in our application, to lining up the salesforce.com integration to tie to our customer accounts from our database, the whole process is very straightforward and can be completed by running through their documentation once and just knocking it out yourself.

Aside from the set-up, I'm a huge fan that they're always adding features and functionalities, while enhancing others, and it's apparent that they take customers requests into mind when building these out.

Going further, I really appreciate that they never roll out anything too early or half baked - each & every feature rollout has been packed with great new enhancements that really allow you to take how you're using ChurnZero to another level.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up.

On occasion, I find myself saying "damn, I wish I could also do x, y, z" when using a certain feature or function or "it would be cool if you could do a, b, c".

The good news is that ChurnZero is a great SaaS company & constantly improving their product, so chances are always high that eventually I can do xyz and abc - they've been great about taking feedback over our time with them and actually building features and functions out around them.

We're using ChurnZero to solve the challenges involved with measuring, monitoring & analyzing customer activity & actions within our application, combining it with CRM & customer/deal specific data, and then deriving meaningful information to actually act on.

Building off of this, ChurnZero provides a great medium to grab a pulse of your customers on every level possible - as an aggregate, segmented by defined groups, as an individual customer, and even down to individual users.

While we could certainly pull all this information ourselves, it would be inactionable, certainly more time intensive, and likely something much harder for the customer success team to digest compared to the incredible UI/UX provided by ChurnZero.

By & large the best benefits have been around the time saving achieved by putting all the information about a customer at the finger tips of the customer success team & allowing them to act from there.

ChurnZero review by Letitia P.
Letitia P.

"Great App!"

What do you like best?

Seeing who's currently logged into the account is very helpful. It allows me to reach out and engage quickly and also allows me to gain new contacts from quiet accounts.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to include a workflow-like play when setting up plays. For example, send X email to this group of accounts. If they open/click then send X email. This would help to further gauge my client's interests.

I'm able to see who's actively using the account and who's not. I'm able to reduce churn by reaching out to those who are quiet when I see they are in the account. It also allows me to communicate with many accounts at one time which saves a lot of time.

"Easy and Effectiv"

What do you like best?

It takes the guessing out of keeping track of clients. I'm able to see what my clients need help with and follow up with them via playbook and tasks.

What do you dislike?

There was a large learning curve. I feel like the majority of the platform was very easy to learn, but some of the terms were not as self explanatory as I was hoping.

We like to keep track of our clients - see when they are logging into our software.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The more we use ChurnZero, the more I wonder how we did our jobs without it"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero saves me time and allows my team to make decisions based on data. We're able to get in front of risk, prioritize activities, and disseminate information to our customers more effectively. Increasingly, Churn Zero is the tool we use for new projects, and the solution we find for new challenges.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I greatly dislike. We have grown our use of the platform and uncovered more use cases and needs. The team at ChurnZero has done a great job growing with us and helping us re-work our integrations and set up to meet our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, you have to use it to see the benefits. Come up with a strategic plan and empower individuals to explore and take ownership.

We have been able to use insights from Churn Zero to proactively address risk, send targeted messaging to clients, increase engagement and customer feedback in our annual survey, and empower our managers and team to better serve their clients.

ChurnZero review by Angelika L.
Angelika L.

"Triple Threat: Fantastic solution, support, and leadership"

What do you like best?

I reviewed three software solutions before selecting ChurnZero for our tech company. I was thoroughly impressed with the usability, integration capabilities, and how evolved the solution was for being an earlier player within the industry (back in Q12016). ChurnZero's software seemed more advanced than their counterparts who had been in the industry for 10+ years and was at an attractive price point that I could help justify to key stakeholders.

My implementation and support experience was top notch. I worked with the VP of the product, and she took the time to understand our business needs, provided best-in-class recommendations through the process based on our goals, shared strategic guidance with our entire executive team across multiple business functions, and provided unparalleled service through a myriad of questions and modifications.

ChurnZero's CEO and VP of Product helped us strategize through adoption, engagement, and structuring the algorithms. Their partnership helped nurture a wonderful relationship and prepare us to meet our organizational objectives.

What do you dislike?

There were opportunities to make the filters a bit more intuitive, but overall it was very user-friendly!

We used ChurnZero to predict, reduce, and manage turn for our SaaS clients, help us increase contract value by evaluating which clients are likely to upsell and cross-sell, and improve client satisfaction by tracking overall client engagement across a myriad of factors that were synced over from Salesforce and our API's.

ChurnZero review by Diana B.
Diana B.

"Great for Insight into Accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see what my clients are doing within their platform. It gives me a better understanding of their true needs versus what they tell me their needs are. I like being able to see their ranking compared to other clients so that I can prioritize my outreach.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my accounts aren't in ChurnZero but that is an issue with the Salesforce integration and the staff at ChurnZero are extremely helpful in correcting it.

Understanding my business and clients more so that I can renew them at a higher rate. Knowing their usage and who is logging in to accomplish tasks is a huge benefit - it gives me additional contacts to reach out to when my main point of contact isn't responding.

ChurnZero review by Kim G.
Kim G.

"More Insight Than Ever"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes it incredibly easy to see a client's detailed activity with just a couple clicks. Before using this tool it was time-consuming and tedious to login to each individual system and look at a number of reports to get the same data.

I also love that it doesn't require you to go in and search for details of an account. With ChurnZero, you can receive email alerts that are customized around your preferences, and ensures that I am on top of important occurrences.

What do you dislike?

One downside is that length of time to get new features added that were not initially implemented. That said, ChurnZero has been absolutely amazing in taking feedback, answering questions and listening to requests to make the user experience even better. With the layers of communication and technology that needs to sync up it has taken some time to add new data points, but knowing that the team is always willing to help makes it a minor concern.

This tool allows me to be more aware of the unique actions and needs of customers. The benefits I've experienced include:

Easy to prioritize those who need more outreach

Create segments in order to strategically and intelligently approach clients

Ultimately helps you be more in-tune with what is happening with each individual account so that you can be a better asset to your clients

There have been a number of times that an email alert has caused me to take action with a client and have won them over with being attentive and offer help right when it was needed. The tool does exactly what it is intended for and gives you the insight to be better engaged with clients, avoid generic outreach and fight churn.

ChurnZero review by Sophie B.
Sophie B.

"Great tool and awesome team !"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero helps me manage my entire book of business in more impactful ways. I can target clients based on their application use and/or our interactions. Also, I can stay more in touch with all of my accounts and it takes much less time.

What do you dislike?

I use Outlook activities to keep track of my to-do list. It would be great if ChurnZero could push my activities to Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am very happy with the tool and highly recommending it. The ChurnZero team is fantastic at helping to optimize use based on your business need and is very responsive.

Easily finding and targeting quiet clients. This help to stay in front of them and get more engagement.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy way to engage"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to keep in touch with a large group of my customers with very little effort. I am able to create specific messaging for groups of my customers that will help not only them but keep my day to day business streamlined.

What do you dislike?

ChurnZero is still working out a few bugs here and there but I fully believe that the system will be bug free by the end of 2017.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have too many customers and don't know how to keep in touch with them, ChurnZero is the company to help you.

We have a lot of issues making sure our customer base is getting the attention needed. We are able to release specific messaging and keep watch of high risk customers and avoid cancellations by watching for risky behaviors.

ChurnZero review by Leilani S.
Leilani S.

"Takes Customer Success the a whole new level!"

What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

What do you dislike?

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

ChurnZero review by User

"Great product for forward looking companies"

What do you like best?

Implementing ChurnZero helped us rethink what was truly important interactions with customers, which was worth the price alone.

What do you dislike?

Our Salesforce configuration is extremely customized and consistently changing, which has caused some issues.

Helping us identify healthy customer relationships

ChurnZero review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"ChurnZero is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I am constantly working with clients and scheduling calls, so ChurnZero is great for me to quickly check usage reports, recent activities, and even active contacts. There have been a few times I've been able to identify new users simply from the CZ dashboard or my custom alerts, which has helped me to be visible to everyone I should be engaged with

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with the service. Sometimes the ChurnScore might not be as representative of my clients' health, but that is basically subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trigger email alerts! I've been able to promptly address potential client "fires" with the client before the client brought them up to me. This positioned me as a knowledgeable ally and resource that they can come to for assistance.

Prior to ChurnZero I would spend more time than necessary trying to understand when and how my clients were utilizing their platforms and even with this research, there was still a large unknown factor. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately survey the health of my clients and better position myself as a resource to them and also allowed me to address any issues they might be experiencing proactively, rather than reactively.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for anyone in client success!"

What do you like best?

How it consolidates all the information you'd need about your clients and users into one place. Most importantly it pulls in extremely helpful information on assessing whether or not a client is in good health. It's hard to keep all of that information organized and to check up on it regularly but between ChurnZero's notifications and consolidation of information, you feel much more confident that you are up to date.

What do you dislike?

It does feel like there is a lot crammed onto every page. I think there could be less graphics and visuals on the dashboard and command center.

We're solving a need to keep track of customer information ranging from their basic contact information, history of our contact with them as well as their overall satisfaction with our product.

ChurnZero review by Trey G.
Trey G.

"ChurnZero is a 10!"

What do you like best?

The product is flexible enough for our diverse customer base. Some need high touch and others we want to automate. We have that choice and flexibility with ChurnZero. Their implementation team is very good and has put in the time to make sure we are seeing results.

What do you dislike?

We didn't get it implemented earlier. : ) And in app mobile messaging would be great.

Understanding our customer behavior in our software to be able to provide better proactive support both automated and not.

ChurnZero review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"ChurnZero is a useful, exciting, and rapidly growing customer success platform"

What do you like best?

The customer service from the CZ team goes above and beyond expectations. They have helped us get ChurnZero set up in the way that is most useful to our team's workflows and have been great at communicating with us.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be prettier; however, the functionality is all there.

ChurnZero has helped our company's growing customer success team move a lot of our disparate systems and processes together into one platform, and helps us execute against them.

Our team's biggest use cases have been ability to set up plays based on nearly any action (or inaction) that clients take, the ability to send NPS surveys through ChurnZero, and the move our weekly reporting system into the accounts section of ChurnZero.

ChurnZero review by Malcolm M.
Malcolm M.

"ChurnZero makes identifying customer product pain and usability insights a cinch"

What do you like best?

granular data, goal setting, intervention in experience

What do you dislike?

The learning curve to implementing well working 'plays'.

Understanding new customer usage as well as effectiveness of my onboarding sessions. I'm able to followup, in realtime, how users are adopting the software, and if they're having trouble, or my account is in the red, I can be notified immediately and automate my response.

ChurnZero review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Love this service!"

What do you like best?

Churn Zero allows me to gain insight into usage of our product. It gives me valuable insight into what users are doing, and how much engagement is happening at a user level.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any negatives for this service. One might be that the alerts are only able to be sent via email to one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support given to you from Churn Team members! They are very helpful and will work with you to accomplish what is needed.

We are solving low engagement, and are now able to catch it and reengage users who are not utilizing our service. I've especially realized benefits with the plays you can run through churn. It can automatically target disengaged users via email without me having to do anything.

ChurnZero review by Franklin W.
Franklin W.

"SUPER USEFUL"

What do you like best?

How Detail i can get information and i can have all the information i need in one area

What do you dislike?

How i dont know how to use everything with it ...YETT

Some of the biggest benefits i have are how much i can go and look at any and all the information step by step for a customer

ChurnZero review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Useful Retention Tool"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero makes managing a large number of clients manageable for our team. It has allowed us to monitor client behavior, report on engagement, and get ahead of risk.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve as the UI can be somewhat overwhelming for new users.

Our primary objective is retaining revenue. We use ChurnZero to monitor client engagement and product feature utilization.

ChurnZero review by Bri M.
Bri M.

"Love ChurnZero!"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage client health reports. Keeping track at which rate clients will possibly renew. Client health/retention is extremely important for a startup like Terminus. We want our customers to be advocates of our brand and we are able to track their overall health with us through ChurnZero

What do you dislike?

Score doesn’t factor in other techs used to qualify the clients health

Keeping track of upcoming client renewals and churn possibilities. Easier to track down those clients who may need a bit more love before renewal

"Excellent! "

What do you like best?

I love that we can see our customers account details at a glance. Helps a ton with being able to be respond to our customers promptly.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far, i'm still learning it more and more each day.

Staying on top of churn, being more proactive.

ChurnZero review by Allison V.
Allison V.

"In-depth insight to help with customer success "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero provides us with insight to customers that we normally wouldn't have. We also are able to share this information, such as more detailed usage, with customers, which they find helpful, but we do too. Also, easy to understand and Abby is so fun, knowledgeable and great to work with!

What do you dislike?

Not much, I wish there was a "chat with us" available when I needed something right away.

- Helps us identify when a client has or hasn't adopted our product

- Scoring helps us understand the health of an account

- Improved customer conversations

- Email campaigns are very helpful with adoption

-Reporting helps us with our daily workflow and responsibilities

ChurnZero review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"New to the game but holding its own"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero allows me an at-a-glance look at my customers' activities so I know where to provide the most support and training in our platform. It's also a great way to see the health of your accounts.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a newer platform, there are sometimes some things that don't speak to the ChurnZero system. Things don't update as accurately and require some fine-tuning to the integration with our software or some deep-digging to find the truth about the clients' account activity.

Being able to more proactively outreach to clients who are missing the mark in our goals as an onboarding and support team. We can save time by setting up "plays" for auto-outreach for different variables

ChurnZero review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"A Bottom Line Moving Tool for Client Retention"

What do you like best?

From an account management and client retention perspective, the insight gained into the health of your customer base is incredible with CZ. Managing a team responsible for subscription customer retention, CZ has provided me with a more accurate macro level view of how my team's customers are adopting, using, and finding/not finding value in the solutions they purchased.

We have been able to identify red flags and potentially at-risk clients much earlier in their life cycle, allowing for more time to address any unknown issues happening with a customer.

Forecasting revenue and retention rate on a monthly/quarterly basis has also been improved, as usage data provides an unbiased look into how attached to a product a customer might be.

What do you dislike?

CZ is a robust tool which offers a number of valuable features and possible usage. This is great and something you definitely want to have available, but there is a planning and learning period required in order to get the most out of the tool so don't expect to be up and running immediately. Not a dislike but something to be aware of, having your own product/CRM capable of providing the usage data you are looking to monitor in CZ is required. We have run into some areas where our own limitations have come in the way of getting the most out of CZ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan what you want to monitor in CZ and ensure your product/CRM is capable of providing the necessary data.

One huge positive of CZ is how valuable it can be across multiple departments and roles within our organization, so each user could answer a question like this completely differently. From my perspective the main areas of focus and problem solving have come in:

-Forecasting (Churn rate & Revenue)

-Identify & Address At-Risk Customers (Low adopters/users Churn higher)

-Find new users within accounts to expand network of contacts (Has reduced Churn due to customer turnover)

-Subscribe and push Alerts out to my team for activity events with accounts I want them to be on top

-Reporting (Custom Segments to report on exactly what I need to analyze)

-Mass updates to customers

ChurnZero review by Paul R.
Paul R.

"Takes Customer Success to a new level"

What do you like best?

As others here have stated, the team at ChurnZero is second to none. The attention they pay during the on-boarding process is key to the client's success.

In regards to the product, real-time alerts on client behaviors allows us to address red-flag triggers in a timely and meaningful way. And the ability to provide immediate, in-app user feedback and suggestions based on their use pattern is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that we have not been able to free up our internal team to focus on rolling this out fast enough. Having a dedicated engineer on your internal team would be ideal though not generally realistic. At least not yet for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to dedicate a couple of team members to the on-boarding process. It is a bit more complex than you might initially expect but it is more than worth it when attended to properly.

We needed an easy way to identify clients with a potential to churn so we could proactively address it either immediately with in-app messaging and/or by notifying our internal team so they can reach out.

ChurnZero review by User in Computer Software

"ChurnZero is a great product to create Reports for clients"

What do you like best?

The service is spectacular - always responsive to questions and concerns

Easy to integrate with Salesforce

I use the product the most when I am creating reports for our clients. I can narrow down to event type (our features) as well as to an individual user's usage.

Churn Score is a fast way to see how each company is using our product. Our director can immediately create plays + drive usage if the Churn Score is not up to our standards.

Not a dislike but like a pain point: We had to initially change a lot of our workflow in Salesforce. A bit time-consuming but now it has become second nature.

What do you dislike?

The help center needs to be updated - I would prefer self-service over constantly emailing our Account Manager (though she is great!)

There were times when our Customer Success team found discrepancies with data. Unfortunately, this requires a lot of time with Tech/Salesforce admin. Most of this was our own problem, but it can be worrying to know if you can trust the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ChurnZero can be a little overwhelming at times but once you become comfortable with the platform, it is a great tool to decrease the volume of churned customers.

Plays + Reporting features are my favorite. Easy to use and highly customizable.

Decreasing the amount of companies that churn. It gives us fair warning when a client hasn't used our platform. We can then have Sales and Management reach out to drive usage.

The Plays can be highly customizable: can replicate your company's font/color and you can add memes/gifs!!!!!

ChurnZero review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Excellent way to get training in front of customers"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it has and the ability to see usage and tie it to customer data in Salesforce. The ability to run plays and set goals for user behavior helps to ensure we are focusing our efforts in the best possible way and not wasting any effort.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't had any issues, get familiar with the system was easy and they do assist you along the way.

I am attempting to get training out to new users for our software. That was the easy part, but i have realized that you can do so much more. The ability to track the events a user is doing and the ability to provide the just in time content for them is very beneficial, especially when you need to make some power users.

We have also been able to tie usage to certain initiatives we are doing since you can tie this to Salesforce objects.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"A helpful tool for client insights"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is second to none. As someone who is constantly doing 10 things at once its super important to have a platform that is easy and quick to use.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about the platform. I believe the functionality is perfect for what I use it for.

I am able to quickly see if my clients are utilizing our platform. It is nice to know when clients are being honest/truthful with me, as well as understanding what they are utilizing our platform for.

ChurnZero review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"A great way to gauge healthy customers and proactively reach out!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to quickly view customers on an account level and individual level to track usage trends, and identify power users. It's incredibly helpful in a customer success role to be able to set up usage thresholds so that I can reach out proactively -- you can also set up 'plays' to do this automatically, making ChurnZero an asset to any customer success team looking to scale.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the reporting/dashboard functions that are currently available. I'd like to be able to view a bunch of different dashboards, relationships between certain factors, line graphs, etc. to better track what's happening at a particular account.

We are trying to drive high adoption and usage right out of the gate, and use ChurnZero to track this right from the moment a user is trained. I would say the biggest benefit is being able to understand what's going on with a current customer proactively, without having to wait for the renewal conversation.

ChurnZero review by Chinasa D.
Chinasa D.

"Churnzero is like my Best Friend"

What do you like best?

Tool provides the great insight! This tool is like having a cheat sheet on how our clients engage with our software. Most clients have a million tasks they have to deal with, instead of trying to gauge client use through asking, this provides tangible and reportable data on client usage.

What do you dislike?

Still waiting on in app messaging. I know this already on the roadmap, and available for a lot of other users, I am really just anxious to go live company wide over here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Provides visibility on client use of our software. Helps identify possible gaps in use, where I can step in as the account manager to not only help our clients fully utilize our tools, but also show the value for clients to add on features that may not be currently in their system in order to make their day to day jobs easier.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Helpful to manage clients and preventing churn"

What do you like best?

love that you can customize your experience like creating segments specific for your accounts

What do you dislike?

It is complicated software. I'm still learning.

It's helping me to manage my clients and see submissions.

ChurnZero review by Winnie I.
Winnie I.

"Great platform for growing SaaS business"

What do you like best?

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero and chose them after demos of three different CS platforms. We really liked the usability and simplicity of ChurnZero and it fell right in the middle in terms of price. The dashboard and usage stats are awesome and linking to Salesforce and our own SaaS offerings was a big plus. I love being able to track certain events to understand which features/reports our customers are using on our platform. Having segmentation in reports also allows us to make decisions based on our customer segments.

What do you dislike?

They have been great to work with during implementation. As with most SaaS platforms, I wish there were more customization or tailoring options (e.g., removing tags from alerts panel). It's honestly not a big deal and they do seem to constantly take customer feedback and improve their systems so looking forward to seeing whether additional tailoring options are coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a very seamless integration and start-up with ChurnZero but it still took us ~3 months from start to go live. Keep in mind you will need your own internal folks to be able to have the time to work with the ChurnZero team. We were not fully aware of how much time it would take internally so we didn't have alot of available resources at the time which is why it took 3 months.

We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, track renewals, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, etc.

ChurnZero review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"Great customer service "

What do you like best?

great customer service! my main contract is always happy to help!

What do you dislike?

Not being able to integrate with Gmail can be tricky on keeping track of email plays

Great way to keep track of client usage/adoption.

ChurnZero review by Elisha E.
Elisha E.

"Customer Success Must Have "

What do you like best?

The visibility into our accounts, the ease in which to use the platform, the affordability and how it seamlessly connects to Salesforce. I also LOVE working with our CSM, Abby!

What do you dislike?

So far I there isn't much I don't like... The ChurnScore can be pretty subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of our platform so sometimes it doesn't properly represent our customers health. This is more to do with how WE measure health and less about ChurnZero. I also wish I were able to clearly see who on my team was using CZ and how often.

We purchased the platform for our CSM's and AM's to track renewals, health, reporting and to identify at- risk customers.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Amazing Customer Success"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero is a great platform that is highly competitive with the other solutions that we looked at, however, the best part about ChurnZero is the Customer Success Manager that we have been working with.

What do you dislike?

At this point there is nothing that I dislike.

Aside from being a great organizational tool for CSMs, it also allows us to provide timely support to our customers to increase product usage and therefore reduce churn.

ChurnZero review by Parul L.
Parul L.
View Original

"Great product and team!"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize customer experiences all in one place! Also working with the CZ team has been really great!

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to separate out clients from two platforms easily, also some data reporting limited but we are working through it. Wish we could have more custom dashboards/filters and categories for tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small company, you will really enjoy working with the CZ team. They treat you as a full customer, unlike big brands, and really take the time to understand your needs.

reaching our whole client base with meaningful data and insights, and understanding them better internally. So far, still getting set up - but loving segmentation and plays.

ChurnZero review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Great, lightweight tool that doesn't require SQL knowledge"

What do you like best?

At my previous organization, I managed CS Ops and was responsible for administration of Gainsight. Gainsight is an incredibly powerful tool, but incredibly difficult to operate without extensive salesforce and SQL knowledge. I moved over to my current organization and jumped into using ChurnZero as we were in the middle of implementing the product. My eyes honestly lit up at how EASY it is to use. It's easy for me to create plays and journeys and create rules around who enters those plays and journeys. It doesn't require fetching, joining, manipulating data from different data tables. I'm a CSM here. I'm responsible for maintaining a book of business, but I also deal with some operational aspects for our team. This allows me to easily do both. Anything I want to build in ChurnZero doesn't take me that long (whereas before, I'd spend an hour figuring out how to accomplish what I was trying to do in Gainsight and another couple of hours actually building it, if I could even get that far). The service is fantastic; our CSM (Chase) is great to work with. Not only does he help me with building things in ChurnZero, he chats through strategy and theoretical things with me. I get incredibly proactive support from him and truly believe ChurnZero has built a great product and they practice what they preach.

What do you dislike?

It is lightweight, so it misses the mark on some reporting for me. The dashboards are great. Playbook reporting is lacking tremendously, but I appreciate that my CSM is always willing to hop on the phone with me and talk through some of these things. I also wish the documentation was a little more robust, but I'm hearing that they're building out more self service training/help guides, which will be fantastic. Sometimes I need to just quickly find the answer myself instead of relying on an answer from a support member (although Peter is fantastic and I email him way too often!).

In an organization with an incredibly large total addressable market, we run a lean team with over a thousand customers. ChurnZero is really helping us get a gauge on where those customers fit into our ideal persona and also helps us scale ways to guide them through the overall customer journey.

ChurnZero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive + Great support"

What do you like best?

Understanding user behavior in an effort to prevent Churn is a big task, that comes with a lot of moving parts. Churn Zero does a great job of helping you get up and running, but knows this is not a "set it and forget it" effort. They've been prepared to help us become more effective with the tool and bring a high level of expertise.

What do you dislike?

Not their fault, but the learning curve is steep. The software works really well but the nuances of your organizational data came cause some challenges.

Churn...TBD on how well we identify and solve the problems we face.

ChurnZero review by Meghan B.
Meghan B.

"Prevents Onboarding Clients from Slipping Through the Cracks"

What do you like best?

"Journeys" (milestone tracking) are well-designed and easy to create.

"Plays" (automated follow ups) are fairly varied to cover many use cases.

Excellent implementation experience.

What do you dislike?

Knowledgebase articles are sometimes missing the information you would need to successfully begin using a feature.

I am an Implementation Manager with many clients in onboarding, so for ChurnZero within my department, we were looking for something to help track progress to watch new clients who are falling behind, and to help automate some of the follow-up related to that. We've only been using it for a ew months, but we're happy so far!

ChurnZero review by Jewell K.
Jewell K.

"ChurnZero has made managing my customer's experience SO much easier!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create journeys and track customers through the journey that they are in. For example, we have an activation journey where we can very closely monitor our customers and where they are in their customer journey that we define. The cool thing is we can customize all the journeys and build them exactly based on our already defined customer journey. I have hundreds of accounts in my portfolio and before ChurnZero, it was very easy for things to slip through the cracks. Not anymore! I said to my boss after we purchased and got it up and running - I feel like we were walking around in a dark room guessing and now the lights have been turned on. It is well lit - we know where our customers are, we know what they need and we can predict things like churn since ChurnZero tracks customers usage and activity and will alert you on when to reach out etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the plays feature worked a bit better but my CSM is great with taking feature requests so that they can hopefully make it on the roadmap. It also took a while to implement but that is just because there is a lot of data that needs to feed into it etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your customer journeys before implementing so that you can just plug it in and go. Also, know that you must have reliable data in Salesforce or wherever you're getting it from.

Allows us to track activity and predict churn. Also allows us to manage our customer journeys to be sure that nothing falls through the cracks. Notifies you of when to reach out (for example, a customer is inactive). When you have hundreds of accounts, it can be hard to be proactive instead of reactive. CZ allows us to be proactive which is so cool. Also, Integrated to slack so that I can get alerts there.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Computer Software

"So far, so great!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, helping solve an important business need of ours, and fantastic customer service.

What do you dislike?

Inability to report on churn (coming soon)

Our organization is using ChurnZero to solve for a few needs.

1. Better ability to predict potential churn- CZ has given us the ability to look at our clients experience through data & trends, and not "gut feelings". This has served us very well, and is putting our team ahead of the curve when it comes to identifying challenges.

2. Replicate a high touch experience using a one to many service model- ChurnZero has allowed us to offer a higher level of service to our clients through their segment & playbook functions. This has resulted in efficiency gains for our service team in addition to increasing engagement with our clients.

ChurnZero review by User in Internet

"Churn 0 for a scaling CS team"

What do you like best?

I do like the plays that can be created in side of your platform, as well as being able to send emails directly to the contacts from within ChurnZero.

What do you dislike?

My CSM feels like he is reading from a script. We hardly ever get anything set up the first time, because the lack of explanation that we are receiving, and some of the features seem redundant in that they're lacking common sense. I also find there to be a large lad with the SF integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hope you get a better CSM that gives you genuine feedback not some automated notes that hes reading from.

We were looking for a CS CRM, and decided on ChurnZero.

ChurnZero review by User

"Excellence in Organization and Connectivity"

What do you like best?

The platform allows for a wonderful mix of organization and connectivity with customers that allows for active communication at regular intervals.

What do you dislike?

There was a lot of things to learn all at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the right thing to do, you'll be able to reach out to more customers than you'd ever be able to otherwise.

We are able to reach out to much more of our customer base.

ChurnZero review by Consultant

"It's a great sales tool!"

What do you like best?

Churn let's me know in real time when my opportunities are in their trial accounts

What do you dislike?

Wish it was instantaneous as sometimes by the time Churn alerts me, the customer has already upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Want customer info in real time, then churn Zero it it.

By knowing in real time when my customer is working in the account I can reach out and be a problem solver. More upgrades.

ChurnZero review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Powerful & easy to use - a CS lifesaver"

What do you like best?

They are completely focused on automating Customer Success. Extremely valuable for tech-touch clients and easy onboarding, while still remaining an excellent platform for your team to live in and monitor/track higher value clients.

What do you dislike?

Not much! Could have more custom reports with graph options, but it's hard to find negatives to the product.

Our Customer Success team was using spreadsheets and CRM to try and manage our contacts and outreach. Everything was manual, and there were no metrics or oversight into what we were doing. With ChurnZero, we're beginning to dig deep into customer usage, get alerted when someone's about to churn, and can track improvements.

ChurnZero review by User in Internet

"Saves me hours each week "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero saves me hours each week with how quick I can pull info our customers.

What do you dislike?

I do not work with ChurnZero on a daily bases so I have not found anything I dislike.

I use ChurnZero to pull numbers on our current customers for our sales team. We use it to find out real time retention numbers, customers to seek referrals from etc.

ChurnZero review by User

"Amazing experience! Extremely valuable in helping me manage my accounts successfully."

What do you like best?

User activity tracking and alerts. It has made a major impact in my ability to successfully manage my book of business.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has been a major factor in my success as an Account Executive

Understanding customer platform usage so I can better allocate my time to help those customers who are not using the platform.

ChurnZero review by Ray P.
Ray P.

"It's a great and simple tool to use with a lot of features!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can track performances for your clients which helps prevention of clients churning. It also has cool features and tools that allow you to know engagement levels, email messages, and log activities.

What do you dislike?

Not really much I dislike. But i think adding features to the tool is something that will beneficial for the future.

I'm solving my clients' level of churning. This tool helps me prevent that by being able to log my activity and plug in tasks.

I know the status of my clients activity.

ChurnZero review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Great for tracking our customers progress or lack-thereof "

What do you like best?

ChurnZero has been very responsive with our request, even though they can't meet all of them we've gotten great feedback from them. It's great to have a system that tracks what our customers are doing and we're able to set up benchmarks for them to hit with reminder task and all of that fun stuff.

What do you dislike?

Not much here. Only thing that I've heard a lot about is being able to CC people on the same email that are from the same company when using plays or journeys, right now it's all individual emails, so 7 people from the same company will get the same exact email but as an individual. It's a feature request and we cross our fingers for this in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it's worth it and it's helping us move in the right direction and track our progression and our clients progression.

Being able to track our users to see who's actively using our software. To see when someone has a drop in usage and to see if someone hasn't fully integrated with our platform yet. This helps us prevent churn in the future by looking at these markers and reach out to our customers instead of waiting for them to reach out to us.

ChurnZero review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Awesome Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

The ChurnZero team is very attentive. I'm working to migrate my company's CRM, and I've worked with the ChurnZero team to ensure our CRM integration is updated and continues to work well. I only have good things to say about the support I've received.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize more about the tool ourselves without requiring help from support reps.

Automating our reporting and integrating our different workflow tools. This tool has streamlined many tasks for our team.

ChurnZero review by Michael J.
Michael J.

"Powerful tool with excellent customer support"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate customer data breakdowns

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming at first and working out what data needs to be tracked is difficult

Tailoring the journey our customers take

Keeping track of key customers activity

Powerful data on all of our customers

ChurnZero review by Administrator

"Customisable, adaptable and real nice updates along with excellent customer service! "

What do you like best?

The new updates of Churn Scores and the service from dedicated Customer Success Manager. I like that it is easy to follow activities, create your own and the ability to adapt segments. Once you get the hang of it there is unlimited activities one can create.

What do you dislike?

Could perhaps have some more pre-built analysis/reports but all the data is in there still. :)

Tracking stages and health of our clients, creating activities both internally and externally, basing analysis.

ChurnZero review by User

"Just started using ChurnZero and love it! "

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly. Very intuitive

What do you dislike?

Don't have anything yet! I just started using this recently so still learning but so far I have no complaints.

Tracking usage of our products. It gives insight to who is using our product more and who isn't using it at all, which helps us with our stategy

ChurnZero review by User in Wireless
User in Wireless

"ChurnZero has changed the game"

What do you like best?

The ChurnZero team is wonderful to work with, providing best in class industry knowledge. The platform itself makes it easy for the CSM team to stay on top of tasks and customer insights - while automating the process. Couldn't live without.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major comes to mind. Email from platform could be better.

Identifying Churn risks, automating and creating a smooth process for onboardings, NPS and daily tasks.

ChurnZero review by Jon H.
Jon H.

"Great Use of Time And Effort"

What do you like best?

The Journeys portion of this platform is what I enjoy best and helps us keep track of specific and important milestones and dates. There are many other items to mention here as well, but overall great product.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much to dislike. It's a great looking product that's beneficial to keeping churn low and track all of your milestones.

Keeping churn low, keeping track of implementation dates, keeping track of clients that need tending to.

ChurnZero review by Consultant

"Very Efficient with Tracking Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

ChurnZero is great with monitoring where a customer is with their experience, they have great metrics to help gauge where they are most active within a product suite and how often they have been engaged, etc.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is good but could use a refresher with the side bar, possibly consolidate some of the options but this is minor, overall the UI is easy to navigate.

Engagement, both from a customer-to-product usage and company/account manager-to-client. This is helping tremendously with how to drive engagement on both ends and has great tools, such as Journeys, where you can monitor along the customer onboarding.

ChurnZero review by Jasper C.
Jasper C.

"Review of ChurnZero"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about CZ is the customer support we have received throughout and after the on-boarding. Our CSM has been instrumental in helping us maximize the full benefits of CZ.

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes at the moment and I'm confident whatever challenges we uncover, they will be met with the full possible support of the CS team from CZ.

1) Automated yet personalized reactions to KPIs.

2) Solidify our on-boarding process where milestones and time frames must be met, otherwise certain follow up actions must be taken.

3) Centralized system to pull user usage statistics from with graphical assistance

ChurnZero review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Use ChurnZero and Improve Operational Efficiencies and Acquire Much Needed Data"

What do you like best?

Data, data, data.... And the ability to create milestones within journeys. I am becoming more organized with ChurnZero than I could have imagined.

What do you dislike?

Nothing apart from a UX little issue where if you click on a button very close to choosing a task you can complete the milestone. This is a VERY SMALL issue. Only thing I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who needs to improve their workflows, obtain data and understand their clients needs to look into ChurnZero.

The need for data is ever evolving. CZ gives us the data we need when we need it. Apart from data, operationally, it keeps you on track and has increased my personal efficiency. The dashboard is fantastic.

ChurnZero review by Sam P.
Sam P.

"The Big Picture"

What do you like best?

The command center has been extremely helpful to keep track of tasks and pending tasks. When you're an account manager with a lot of clients, it can be difficult to manage projects and campaigns. The command center helps prevent any tasks slipping through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

No serious dislikes as of now, haven't fully utilized every aspect of the platform just yet.

It's easier to keep track of any interaction with clients and tasks that are being done for clients. Ultimately you want to make sure you're not leaving clients behind. It can be too late to save a client by the time you find out they're about to churn. Intervention is not prevention, when you used correctly, Churn Zero is the prevention tool.

ChurnZero review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"Detailed, real-time product utilization and ability to ensure client success with our product"

What do you like best?

Being able to create detailed usage reports (great visualization options with dashboards) and see in real-time product utilization

What do you dislike?

Creating plays was a little complicated, but once I figured it out, it works very well and is a huge time-saver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tremendous tool for ensuring client success with your product, as well as creating automated communication and outreach.

Problem-solving: Stay on track with clients to ensure their success with our product and increase utilization; identify new upsell opportunities with clients based on usage metrics and client behavior

Benefits: Detailed, real-time view of client utilization; quickly being able to assess low usage accounts and respond accordingly with alerts; plays have been time-saving way to reach out to clients (messaging to new users, reminders for training sessions or upcoming product releases)

ChurnZero review by User

"Wow What a powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Visibility to everything, alerts and the ability to automate a lot of out reach.

What do you dislike?

n/a I do not have anything as of yet that I dislike.

Visibility to measure the health of a client and then take a corrective actions based on the data and then put a strategy in play to move the client back on track.

ChurnZero review by Deidra H.
Deidra H.

"Excited to use the product, excited to see how they grow!"

What do you like best?

One way or another (segments, journeys, plays, tasks) you can see + act on nearly anything you need to do. It's a very comprehensive system.

What do you dislike?

Because of the granularity, building out a these processes can be intimidating. I would like a more fully-featured email generator as well.

Visibility, automation and institutionalization of best practices. We're still new to the game, but are very excited!

ChurnZero review by Sharon P.
Sharon P.

"Good insights that will lead to lower churn"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of segmenting customers according to mapped events and the churnscore system.

What do you dislike?

Overall seems like a very good and solid product, we didn't encounter any bugs so far. I would like to see some kind of 'predication' engine that would help learn about anomalies in terms of churn.

We just recently started using ChurnZero (about 2 months ago) and while we still need more time with the product, we are already getting some good insights. ChurnZero has allowed us to better focus on customer behavior and features adoption as well as helping us to better aim our messaging and campaigns to prevent churn. ChurnZero support during the implementation phase, and after, has been superb; The answers provided were very professional (not canned responses). While it’s still early in the process, we are already utilizing many aspects of the product like churn score and risks, segmentations and automated alerts and playbooks.

ChurnZero review by Rex M.
Rex M.

"ChurnZero - Top CRM Software!"

What do you like best?

Source, Tracks, Integrations, Usage Info

What do you dislike?

I have a Quality Management, Knowledge Management, Software, Training, Client Services background and have a strong attention to detail. I have firsthand experience with other still competing CRM software. It is difficult to find anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot stress enough how satisfied I am with this NEW and cutting edge CRM software! CZ is significantly more advanced and meets today's companies needs in a COMPLETE CRM package! No more extra spreadsheets to supplement what a CRM doesn't do or do efficiently. I would VERY highly recommend CZ to ANY company! It will make a tremendous difference in your ability to operate efficiently and is an investment that will contribute to your bottom line. Most importantly, your customers will sense you have it together behind the scenes, creating a support experience that is next to none!

I have experience with AS400, Salesforce and other CRM software. Prior to implementing ChurnZero, I was using a detailed tracking spreadsheet to supplement our CRM at the time. I was very skeptical about whether I would be able to stop using the spreadsheet, yet alone be pleased with CZ compared to other software I was familiar with. Briostack needed a software that included the following and it delivered and has been exceeding expectations!

- Client Source Information

- Other Software Integration into CZ (ie. Zoho Email Tickets linked in Custom Tables tab, Link to Copper Sales software for earlier life cycle info, Usage tab that shows graphing of additional software and tracks customer usage events that provide insight to activity or inactivity in the software)

- Task Default Setup & Tracking

- Log Activities

- Journeys used to section like customer groups

- Customer Tagging

- Attachments

- Sales Product Details

- And More!

Rex Muhlestein

Client Success Manager

Briostack

I am currently a Briostack employee. All feedback provided is based on my personal experience and is not in any way formal views or opinions of Briostack.

ChurnZero review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fantastic platform with a lot of applications"

What do you like best?

Their customer success team is fantastic and the platform is easy to use. There are a lot of applications to how it can be utilized.

What do you dislike?

Some of the steps seem a little complicated, but as with any platform there is a learning curve.

We're working on an end-to-end customer communication strategy - ChurnZero will become the vehicle of delivery.

ChurnZero review by Brad A.
Brad A.

"Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that fact that I can see full usage data for my customers in ChurnZero and that I can filter it based on certain actions/events. I like that I can focus on different time periods to see what their usage trends are to determine how/when I want to interact with them.

What do you dislike?

Tracking and maintaining segments. This could be a result of how we have the system configured, but going through plays managing and maintaining the different segments can be a bit of a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

with any software project - do your due diligence to ensure you are setting up your plays/segments to work for longer term vs just the immediate future.

Reduced churn. CZ has helped us get a grasp on where our customers are in the life cycle and what their needs may be. With CZ we get more visibility and have been able to keep customers longer.

ChurnZero review by Maddie M.
Maddie M.

"Excellent Tool in my Toolbox!"

What do you like best?

I really like the deep dive into usage so I can see exactly where my clients are doing well within our site, and where they're not utilizing our site to its full potential. I also love the plays we've set up - they run in the background and alert us to things we've specified. Gives actionable next steps, as opposed to having to figure out what to do next.

What do you dislike?

The segments are a bit tricky to get the hang of, but once they're up and running they're really valuable.

We're able to incorporate likelihood to renew into our discussions to make sure we're on top of any issues that may come up with renewals.

ChurnZero review by User in Computer Software

"ChurnZero allows you to be proactive with customers and gain visibility into any blind spots"

What do you like best?

The ability to set up and create different churn scores in order to really learn about our customers habits and usage makes it easier to be proactive and enforce sticky features with each customer contact.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to learn how to create different segments, churn scores, plays, and journeys. If there was a way to make the software a little more intuitive, it would help new team members easily navigate the software and familiarize themselves with the different views.

Learning our customer profile and how our customers are using our software. This allows us to fight churn and based on activities that we see customers perform, it will trigger us to reach out and save clients before they cancel or stop using the software altogether.

Learn more about ChurnZero

ChurnZero Videos

Learning about ChurnZero?

* We monitor all ChurnZero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.