Cincom CPQ

Cincom CPQ™ (formerly Cincom Acquire) is a configure-price-quote platform that dramatically improves the buying experience for your customers and turns your sales reps into true product experts.

Work for Cincom CPQ?

Cincom review by <span>Patrick O.</span>
Patrick O.

Just another happy user

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ease of use is by far the best part. The system uses a drag and drop process that eliminates typos. Additional, the system allows the customization of pages which will allow you to design a page that fits your companies need.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about this product. Guess if one thing had to be selected I'd say the web browser limitation is a headache. By limitation, what happens is when a tree becomes to large the web browser freezes and crashes. I understand that's on the web browser but it would be nice if the system did not allow a tree to become big enough to allow the crash to happen. This is a very repeatable feature which means they should have the ability to account for it and prevent it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with awesome support. Very easy to use and implement if you have the proper documentation. If your company does not have good documentation practices I advise to spend time getting those set up and created before starting the implementation process. If you don't, it will seem like it's taking forever to implement the system but the reality is it's taking forever to create your company documentation that did not already exist!

Time to quote and spreading out of knowledge. The product allows us to eliminate the need to have engineering check every item before it gets quoted.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cincom CPQ
Cincom review by <span>Simon E.</span>
Simon E.

Using CPQ

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The integration with Dynamics CRM was very important to us, as was the ability to generate models, rules and UI without writing any code. We have been able to style our UI to mimic CRM giving the impression to the user that they use using one system.

What do you dislike?

There is some limitation in the UI designer. This can be overcome but it requires coding knowledge. Whilst you don't necessarily need to be a developer to build models and rules, you do need a certain set of skills and way of thinking that does lend itself to people from an IT or engineering background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion model and UI building require some technical and logic skills in order to get the best results

CPQ allows us to model our propositions and guide our sales people through the process of creating a quote. It links in well with CRM and feeds through to the pipeline.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What CPQ solution do you use?

Cincom review by <span>Earl M.</span>
Earl M.
Validated Review

Not perfect but getting closer.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

That if I have any problems with Cincom CPQ, the CPQ team at Cincom is ready to help fix the problem. Also, they are open to suggestions for other functionality in future versions of the CPQ.

What do you dislike?

I am currently using version 3.75 of the CPQ and most of the issues me and my team have encountered are being addressed in version 4.5. The one thing I have seen when previewing 4.5 is that I cannot have multiple entities open at the same time in the same window. Other than the issue mentioned in the previous sentence there has been nothing else that I have seen that would cause me to dislike the Cincom CPQ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good investment in your company. It might seem daunting at first to implement the CPQ, but just like climbing a mountain, the reward is worth the investment.

Here at ATC we build standard and custom cargo trailers. In the past before we were using a CPQ our ordering process was confusing to say the least. Our goal was to be able to have the CPQ process 85%-90% of our orders without a hiccup and the remaining orders would have to have more oversight because of the complexity of those orders. We have found that since implementation, utilizing the CPQ has freed up office resources and overall has helped make the company more productive.

Cincom review by <span>Graham H.</span>
Graham H.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Model builder allows the user to embed the logic behind the rules into the system rather than hard program matches. This reduces the amount of future maintenance.

What do you dislike?

The current version requires customisation to pass information through between the different system areas (this is being addressed in the next release).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before embarking on using CPQ, the user will have to understand the product range and rules between the different options. It requires the buy in from many different departments which should be obtained before starting.

Provides sales managers with an accurate product definition, reducing the amount of incorrect orders being taken and minimising waste.

The business is currently dependent on several key people. This system allows us to capture their knowledge.

Cincom review by <span>Jackie N.</span>
Jackie N.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The overall solution is very appealing to the customer and dealer network. Once trained, it is also fairly easy to use. The guided selling added to the Guru makes is so easy for new customer and dealers to follow. From a system support point of view, I love that our internal sales team uses the same tools and views as our customer and dealer network. This greatly improves communication and support between the two.

What do you dislike?

This program requires an extensive amount of custom code and logic (plugins) in order for it to meet our overall needs. Both parties review the requirements and then Cincom provides estimates for the work. I found that their estimates, both time and amount, we extremely higher than expected or compared to other experiences I have had with similar type of work. Cincom engineers and developers actually complete the work and therefore can only be maintained by Cincom. Of course at an expense and when they are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared with a current state process that is documented along with what you would like future state to look like. This will immediately get both parties on the same page and as you step through future state be sure to have a solid team included in design sessions and mapping that includes all areas that will be involved using the new solution.

Currently we are working to maintain our models and selections. Along with that, we are continuing to support new users and customers/dealers. We are still new to the system so there is still a learning curve of some of the processing of items as well. One other thing I would add is that we are working internally to learn to support some of our customizations.

Some benefits that we have realized are easier quoting for our customers and dealers, weight and price returned to them immediately based on the configuration they have chosen, and quicker turnaround on approval to get the quotes back to them.

Cincom review by <span>Rigels H.</span>
Rigels H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like the best is that you can configure everything, and when I say everything I really mean it. There are a lot of softwares out there which are actually focused on specific products and cannot be adapted to others. This is not the case for Cincom CPQ since I can easily configure a pencil, a bike, a car or way more complicated products.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a lot of thing that can be improved:

- Speed

- User Experience

- Not easy to use even though you can achieve great results

- Error messaging

- One of their strenght, which is the freedom to reach a result in whatever way you prefer based to your experience, is alse one of their weak point in my opinion and the reason is this one --> Even though you can structure the data in a lot of different ways if you don't do that in a way for the software to better digest it, the program won't react as expected.

We're now living a time in which companies are realizing that whatever product they're selling they need to be in the web. Some of those products are easy selling, others, need a CPQ.. Cincom provides a solution which can be implemented on every single product you might sell and could be easily adapted to your needs.

Learn more about Cincom CPQ

Cincom CPQ Videos

Learning about Cincom CPQ?

* We monitor all Cincom CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.