Cinema 4D

Cinema 4D Studio is the very best that MAXON has to offer for professional 3D artists. If you want to create advanced 3D graphics but need a helping hand to ensure you create jaw-dropping graphics quickly and easily, then this is the choice for you.

Work for Cinema 4D?

Learning about Cinema 4D?

Cinema 4D Reviews

Showing 87 Cinema 4D reviews
Cinema 4D review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

the best thing is that it's very user-friendly when coming to designing and rendering 3D and most probably be the best software for someone starting out. the tool is very easy to learn and me myself learned it with the help of youtube videos. the Mograph in the Cinema4D is exclusive for animation and one of the greatest animation tool ever. no other software in the market offers such a tool in their software built right in. the software is pretty popular and very easy to use more add-ons and project files from this party which is really helpful and makes your work really easy. C4D integrates very well with Adobe after effects CC which I found really helpful while designing. the cinema 4d software updater and support are really great. they help me a lot of time as my pc went into trouble, they also reply to your queries almost within minutes..the redeting is also pretty quick with CInema 4D comparing with other products in the same field.

What do you dislike?

modelling is hard within the Cinema 4d and i found its hard to get control when designing complex models. the pricing is not cheap and most of the users out there won't be able to afford it. the software is really heavy and you need serious hardware if you need to work on complex projects which requires a lot of ram and VGA cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it isn't cheap but if youre serious about getting into 3d modeling, irecomment you to go with Cinema 4D.

designing and animating 3d models

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cinema 4D
Cinema 4D review by Hector U.
Hector U.

"Excellent and quick results"

What do you like best?

Its very straightforward. It has some very simple tools for you to create amazing renders. Also you have A LOT of control on how materials interact with lights and shadows. I've never been looking for a realistic outcome, so the default tools that C4D has are already more than enough, however, you can also expand your limits with render engines such as octane or indigo to create more realistic renders.

Its Mograph module is a time-saver! Very often I find myself in need of creating multiple objects, and the fact that I can create and edit multiple objects really makes my job very easy

What do you dislike?

The render process is slightly confusing because there's more than one way to export your file, wether its a complex animation or just an image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of tutorials out there, so my recommendation would be mainly for new users. Do enough research on C4Ds capabilities and how can you take advantage of them. Also, persevere. It can be quite intimidating at first, but it's actually quite user-friendly.

One of our clients is a donut shop so I'm able to create 3d-illustrations and animations of donuts and beverages.

What 3D Modeling solution do you use?

Cinema 4D review by Billy S.
Billy S.

"Maxon C4D"

What do you like best?

The non-destructive workflow. Having the ability to keep objects parametric is vital for what we do. It makes versioning quick and painless. Having access to edit values to alter the look of things is what makes C4D so powerful. The integration and workflow between AE has also been simplified and added to since I started using C4D and it looks like it's just getting better.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about C4D, but if I had to target one thing I would have to say the UV system needs a lot of work. It's possible to do the things you need to do with the current setup, but it has a clunky workflow and is missing some much needed tools to make editing the UVs easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend getting the entire package. Having access to all the efectors and deformers is a must. There is a ton of power available with all the tools they provide.

We provide motion graphics for various commercial installs and sporting facilities around the world. We generate ads, video intros, crowd prompts, and a variety of other content for stadiums.

Cinema 4D review by James G.
James G.

"An obsession turned profession"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to tools, training, and plugins, matched with the user-friendly UI, makes this my software of choice. For users trying to begin a career in 3D design, one of the biggest barriers to entry can be frustration, but with Cinema 4D, it's user interface is so intuitive that a person can get started and create even the most rudimentary of shapes with moderate success. Online training and help are readily available with easy to follow tutorials and techniques. Maxon is very helpful as well, as they hold multiple events around the county that users can meet up at, and engage with other users, trainers, and celebrities of the 3D world.

What do you dislike?

More advanced features like xpresso can feel daunting to learn. Other things are minor, but reconciling settings from one machine to another can be annoying. Having a user profile, like that of Adobe, would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to add 3D rendering capabilities to your existing video, graphic design, or motion graphics business, I would recommend Cinema 4D over any other 3D software out there. It will allow you to quickly create and render beautiful 3D models and animations, impressing your client, and elevating your project. I cant recommend it enough.

My business is built upon my use of this software. Without Cinema 4D I would have had to turn to inferior products like 3Ds max or maya. Being about to quickly create assets, render, and delivery is critical. This software allows me to service an area of the video production industry's needs that is still relatively specialized, but thanks to its ease of use and access to training, I was able to provide this service after a short period of learning. Now that I have become an expert in the use of this software, it sets me well above that of my competitors in the video production industry.

Cinema 4D review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Love the user interface but some building processes are a bit weak"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create 3D animations with high quality textures, it truly lets creativity go free when a software doesn't get in the way of the user.

What do you dislike?

I wish there would be a huge library of pre made high quality textures that everyone uses. Not like 5 or 10, I mean hundreds. This would make the app so incredibly better than any other 3D app in my opinion. I'd be able to create a 3D model in a matter of minutes, apply a really good brick texture preset to the wall, a really good wood floor texture to the floors etc...All that without having to spend extra or download lots of textures from random people online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's probably the easiest way to learn to do 3D animation!

It allows me to create 3D animations and visuals quickly and efficiently, with a user interface focused on content creation more than 3D design or engineering like SolidWorks or 3DS

Cinema 4D review by Isaac C.
Isaac C.

"Best 3d software for graphic designers"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4d is the best 3D software for graphic designers. It is the program for excellence. Nowadays more and more people in the sector are using.

Is the best program to create animations in 3d. Has many new characteristics, and gives you a lot of ways to create.

Recently it has improved the compatibility with adobe after effects, which makes it the best software to create your own motion graphics.

Without doubt the best 3d program for this sector.

What do you dislike?

Maybe, the way to animate it's complex. Learning is needed to start to do something 'decent'. You need to research a lot of materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not an easy program, it is very extensive and laborious, but it is the most complete and the best for graphic designers, and the most used,

In my daily life I use Cinema 4D to make animations. I use illustrator to make the illustrations, then I extrude them into 4d cinema and create animations.

At first it is not easy, but when you control the program is the best

Cinema 4D review by Eduardo E. O.
Eduardo E. O.

"Cinema 4D, advanced modeling and motion graphics."

What do you like best?

Cinema 4d is one of the best and most intuitive 3d modeling and motion graphics software. a robust and mature 3D design and animation software that evolved since the first production. I spent several weeks immersing myself in the software, in conjunction I subscribed to Maxon’s online Cineveristy; followed Maxon’s Twitter feed; and watched lots of free Cinema 4D YouTube videos.

What do you dislike?

In fact it is a very complete software, maybe it would improve its library of plugins or available plugins of maxon. Generally I have found that C4D can handle larger scenes, certainly in the viewport. HOWEVER, when comparing C4D's cloners to Modo's replicators: In this instance Modo can handle a MUCH higher number replications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema 4D is a 3D modeling and animation software essential for graphic design professionals, a tool that cannot miss, easy and intuitive use and with an incredible number of links with other software. You have to have it.

3D modeling, Archviz, Motion graphics, Packaging. Almost any task that includes 3D whether modeled, vfx, tracking, mograph, the truth is a complete software and I use a lot. Undoubtedly if there is something that I love doing in Cinema 4D is the 3D intros animation.

Cinema 4D review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Great 3D app, easier for a beginner than others"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface better than others out there like Maya. I like the intergration with Adobe After Effects to help implement 3D designs into my video work.

What do you dislike?

The camera tracker via Cineware should import the video file After Effects into the 3D scene in Cinema4D. Makes the placing of objects guess work as to the position in your comp. I really wish that C4D could be manipulated directly in After Effects, using C4D as the modelling software and the engine behind the scnese.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tracking/Matchmoving footage directly in Cinema4D is good! Do your tracking in Cinema4D versus After Effects for 3D work. Composite later in After Effects.

3D modelling and animation for video.

Cinema 4D review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Cinema 4D - Great for Renderings, Terrible for Precise 3D Modeling"

What do you like best?

I like that the texturing tools are fairly easy to use and the quality of renderings is pretty good. I also like that you can lock camera views and certain elements so you don't move them by mistake.

What do you dislike?

This program's snap tool is a joke. If I draw 2 objects and need their edges to be touching, the snap tool goes to random points and is never helpful or accurate. I have to zoom in as far as I can and try to manually move the objects to align. Of course it's never exactly precise and is very frustrating. Another annoying thing is that it will not tell you the overall size of grouped or multiple objects. the tape measure tool is hard to use (the snapping goes to random points) and it's frustrating for precise projects and objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't! Even if you are only using this program for animating, it is extremely hard to measure and precisely align objects.

I am an exhibit designer and use this program to crete 3D models of designs that are then pitched to clients. This program does a much better job than a sketch and helps clients see every aspect of an exhibit they are considering purchasing.

Cinema 4D review by Jon Ander P.
Jon Ander P.

"Very intuitive 3d modeler"

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it is a very intuitive and very easy to use program, especially if it is the first 3d modeling program that is used. In addition, the interface is very simple and there are many tutorials to learn new tricks.

What do you dislike?

What I like the least is that the child and parent system can be complicated if you have used other 3d modeling programs. They should improve the render engine that comes by default. Since at some point they may fall short and it is necessary to use an external rendering engine such as the VRAY

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all companies that want to do fast and quality 3ds models. It is also very simple and intuitive animation tools such as keyframes

I use Cinema 4D to render buildings and interiors. I have also used it to make small animations.

Cinema 4D review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Like drawing in motion."

What do you like best?

What I love about cinema 4D is that I can play with the immediacy of sketching or sculpting. Other 3D platforms—while they might have more power—make everything difficult. Simply building a 3D title from an illustration and making it look pretty is a great task in MAYA.

With C4D I can build and animate and render out beautiful pictures in a fraction of the time. It's interwoven with After Effects to make my life easier, and getting content to clients has never been a smoother process.

With Maya I couldn't promise half as much, half as quickly as I do now.

What do you dislike?

The graph editor. And the modeling toolkit.

I truly wish I could cut that out of Maya and bring it over. In fact, I must confess, I still do quite a bit of modeling within Maya and export it as OBJ files for C4D.

Until C4D gets better in these areas, I won't be able to let go of my other programs without a noticeable loss in productivity IN these specific areas. Overall, C4D still wins, but I feel a little bit handicapped when modeling and character animating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apart from character animators wanting a solid graph editor, and serious modelers, this thing destroys Maya. I mean seriously unless you're working for PIXAR, get off that monster.

Rapid style frames and animatics. An optimized timeline. Getting results quicker, and keeping clients closer.

Also, being able to roll with the punches. If they have changes, C4D makes them easy.

Cinema 4D review by Piero M.
Piero M.

"Software that is very user friendly."

What do you like best?

The program is very user friendly and has a lot of possibilities within the realm of Motion Graphics. Along with the Cineware feature with After Effects makes it a kick ass asset to have in video motion and visual effects production.

What do you dislike?

Maybe enhancing a bit more the sculpting features within the program and enhance the UV mapping process because it mostly do the basics. Content creation for video games tends to be rather difficult to do with Cinema 4D.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just open the software and start creating! It's very easy to get lost on the program and it's easy to solve most of the mayor problems.

It's helping me with all my motion graphics and 3D modeling needs.

Cinema 4D review by Stuart H.
Stuart H.

"The possibilities are endless!"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is unbelievably powerful and also a very stable platform. You can use it for everything from creating simple mock-ups to full scale 3D productions. It is far more accessible than most 3D software and is constantly striving to improve itself. I love the support and amount of community that has built up around, it seems there is a tutorial for everything to do with Cinema 4D.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, despite being much better than some 3D software the interface and options can still be a bit daunting. Though I am not sure right now how to suggest a solution. The fact that a whole piece of design can fail to work simply because you have not checked a single box can be a real pain. Also, the integration with the Arnold renderer needs some work as this causes my version to crash quite a lot.

One other thing, is that as Maxon update the software quite extensively with each new iteration, many tutorials become confusing quickly. For example whole areas of the interface completely change, so it can be quite challenging working out how to make things work with the new tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will definitely need to do some tutorials and be patient. The support is fantastic and there are many places to learn how to use the software, however learning the workflow is essential to get anywhere. You will need to spend some time really getting to grips with things before you can do even the most basic stuff.

We have used Cinema 4D for everything from VFX work to mock-ups, full scale animations and compositing. There are so many possibilities when using this software the benefits just keep on stacking up with each new version.

Cinema 4D review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Cinema 4D"

What do you like best?

CINEMA 4D is a very powerful and user friendly 3D Software to be used for modeling, rendering and animation. Its strength, though relies in being the most popular software for motion graphics, thanks to MoGraph and a long list of plug-ins and a very tight integration with After Effects

What do you dislike?

CINEMA 4D is one of the best 3D software around but not the best choice for animation compared to Maya, for example, who has more tools and a more fluid interface for designed for animators.

Also, its use in the film industry is limited compared again to Maya, widely more popular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for Motion Graphics

Great Motion Graphics tool.

Integration with Real Flow.

Cinema 4D review by Alice P.
Alice P.

"Very interressant 3d Tool for Object designer "

What do you like best?

Cinema 4d is ieasier to use than most of the modeling softwares (such as rhino or sketchup), the interface is basic, even if it exist lot of options. You have a 4 different windows on the main screen, showing you the side of your object ,like in rhino. It's more pleasant and precise to use than sketchup and less difficult as rhino. It's a very nice modelling software for creating curved object which is the major advantage of cine4d for industrial designers. Also it exist lots of tutorial for starters which are great, there is a quite big C4d community.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the C4d rendering process, which is very complicated, long to use and isn't satisfaying me. I recommand to use an specific rendering software as Keyshot or Maxwell. It's very interresant to use Cinema 4d rendering options for making little video using also After Effect but it's quite complicated too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the tutorials, try the differents features.

With Cinema 4D you can model in 3d even if you'r just starting, I recommand it for industrial designer and animators.

Cinema 4D review by Mateo V.
Mateo V.

"Mograph Excellence"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Cinema 4D is the mograph module, that allows really cool animations in no time, It's complete set of tools helps you create anything you can imagine, and along with the xpresso you can rig and connect almost any property giving you endless possibilities. I also find Cinema 4D to be a really intuitive and complete software, Its easy to learn,

What do you dislike?

I think bodypaint is a bit confusing and you need to spend more time to get the hang of it, and sometimes feels a bit laggy.

I feel it really needs an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend this software to anyone who's working with animation and motion design, also to anyone new to CG since it's a fast an easy to learn tool, there is a huge online community for Cinema 4D and motion graphics, so I can assure you, that you will find everything you need to know.

I use Cinema 4D for Motion Graphics animation and since I started using it I quickly realized it is the best tool for this, its mograph and animation tools are really complete and intuitive, they allow you to create amazing stuff.

Cinema 4D review by Blain K.
Blain K.

"C4D is an excellent tool for fast and simple projects and it can do the heavylifting when needed."

What do you like best?

Speed. Mograph modules allow very quick building of motion graphic scenes. There is also a large community online sharing knowledge about tricks and techniques so no schooling cost is necessary to learn this software.

Third party plug-ins are available which greatly enhance Cinema's already rich & creative tool pallet. For example, X-particles greatly expands the ease of creating complex particle behaviors and interactions . Turbulence FD which is a fire and smoke simulator can also drive X-particles with it's fluid simulations for even more organic movement.

It also has third party render engines available such as Vray, Arnold, and Octane which allow for realistic renders based on physical lighting.

What do you dislike?

Cinema's speed and ease of use does create a ceiling of sorts. This, however, has now been addressed by adding the Houdini Engine into the pipeline. An artist who is looking to push beyond Cinema's capacity can harness the complex and nearly limitless power of Houdini by bringing in digital assets created in Houdini and exporting parameters that the artist can then control natively within the Cinema 4D tools set.

Another problem has been render engines. Vray is always a few years behind in C4D as it is not created by the original authors but is instead written by a third party developer. Arnold was just bought by Autodesk so that may go away in coming years. Luckily Octane's GPU based Engine has been growing quickly and generates beautiful renders which can be sped up by daisy chained GPU's making a small render farm more affordable and expandable for freelance artists and small studios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Do some tutorials. See if it's right for you.

The community surrounding C4D simply put, is amazing. If i need to solve a problem, a quick google search can often supply me with answers that will at least put me in the right direction if not completely answer my query. This is invaluable.

Cinema is a an amazing solution for fast turnaround projects such as style boards or simple motion graphics. The user interface is friendly and then mograph modules are powerful.

I can solve nearly every problem I encounter natively within C4D and it's plug-ins. From VFX to motion graphics.

Cinema 4D review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Motion Graphics Powerhouse"

What do you like best?

xPresso and Mograph would be no doubt my two favorite features in Cinema4D. With a few simple steps you can build really complex and cool graphics with a tremendous amount of control. The tight integration of Mograph with all C4D tools are what makes it the greatest software for Motion Design to date. There is no equal in the field.The learning curve is small and any Designer can get up to speed with it within a few days.

What do you dislike?

The thing that upsets me the most is the particle system. Would be really lovely if Maxon acquire X-Particle! The dynamic system is too unpredictable at times and there is no nodal environment for shading out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a simple to use, versatile software for motion design with beautiful results, this is the way to go. With Mograph feature you can build insanely complex visuals with a strait forward setup that will blow your clients mind! Seriously a cost effective software that saves you a bunch of headaches when working with complex animation transitions and dense graphics titles. Really spend some time understanding xpresso to take full advantage of its connection with every single parameter within Cinema4D.

Motion Design and Virtual Photography.

Cinema 4D review by Alessio V.
Alessio V.

"Ottimo software per il visual e la motion grafics"

What do you like best?

I think it is a very fast software to make the render and motion grafics effects, easy to use you don't need to know everything about it to get interesting results quickly.

GI, it's very powerful, flexible ad fast.

Help & support it is really easy and accessible.

What do you dislike?

I do not find very easy to make polygonal modeling in C4D, is cumbersome and unintuitive.

Another thing that I find hateful is that Move (E) Rotate (R) Stairs (T) are shifted with respect to all 3D software (Maya, 3DSMAX , SO, UNITY, UNREAL) Move (W) Rotate (E) Scale (R)

thanks to C4D can I speed up many aspects of the work, with other software, would take me a long time.

Cinema 4D review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Cinema 4D does rock"

What do you like best?

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise but Cinema 4D is an excellent all round DCC package. It also has the happy accolade of being by far the easiest 3D package to learn. The Object list is a work of sublime genius, and if you have invested in the Studio package, you get a full suite of tools from dynamics through to a robust character toolset. Add to this one of the most vibrant third party plugin eco-systems for ANY application from the excellent X-particles through to third party render solutions such as V-Ray, Arnold and Octane. What Cinema 4D is rightly famous for is it's mograph system which for ease of use, at the moment, can't be beaten

What do you dislike?

Cinema 4D is expensive, and while Cinema 4D is rock solid stable it's pace of development s glacial and closed off for the most part form the user community. The advantages of having a vibrant plugin eco-system can be outweighed by a lack of development of the core application (as well as the cost of the plugins)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema 4D is an excellent package, it is easy to learn and offers a complete solution. That being said the competitors (especially MAYA) are making inroads into C4D's core areas such as Mograph. That being said if you want to just get stuck in, there is no better application

Any complicated Digital Content creation issue, Cinema 4D will have a way to solve it

Cinema 4D review by Timothée S.
Timothée S.

"Fast & Intuitive, that's the kind of software I like to use !"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Cinema 4D is its intuitivity, and the fact that even if you're a beginner you can create cool things very quickly.

C4D is one of the first 3D Softwares I learned and I still like to work with this one again sometimes.

This software made me like 3D modelling. I really appreciate the ease of the modelling tools even if some of them are not that intuitive. With a good display & processor, you will love C4D (at least I hope so :) )

What do you dislike?

It's not made for Windows; so we can't use it at work. It is the only bad thing I could say about this software.

Of course every little detail could be improved like V-ray compatibility, the UV Mapping, and some of the modeling tools which I use a lot actually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It clearly depends on what type of 3D you want to do, and for which industry you are working for.

I think C4D is more suitable for Product Design or Animation.

In terms of business, not that much, but for a personal use I really had fun :)

I think that C4D helped me enjoying 3D Modelling, that's why I would recommand it!

Cinema 4D review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"I work, teach and play with it"

What do you like best?

It's an amazing software. The Mograph tools and the dynamics are incredible and very easy to use. Very design/creative driven it makes working with 3D more accessible to someone just starting.

It has lot's of community support and lot's of plugins that can complement and intensify the application usefulness and flexibility.

Great interoperability with After Effects. The content browser library can be of extreme use.

The new take system can be a lifesaver regarding customer interaction and validation.

Love the help context system and the new commander tool, very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think Bodypaint needs a big update. It should be more intuitive. Its not difficult but seems a bit outdated.

I don't like the new reflectance channel. I't's not very user friendly,

Also the modelling tools could be a bit more advanced and the tools names could be more suitable, or at least more industry standard.

Also the internal particle systems (Particles and Thinking Particles) could be more advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to 3D I would recommend Cinema 4D because it won't scare you off.

You will get great results with little effort and it will be quicker to learn than any other software.

If you are already working with another 3D app, I can assure you that Cinema 4D will do the same or better. Eventually it can complement it by doing some tasks that in other 3D apps are more difficult to the common user or more time consuming to obtain.

I can do quick concept designs and mockups and work my way up until final product.

Very quick to use and to get great results. Specially when playing with Mograph. We can get apparently complex animations with a few simple steps.

I use it to complement my motion design projects, specially when I need to mix 2D with 3D elements.

Cinema 4D review by Ryan Z.
Ryan Z.

"It is an advanced tool for people who is looking for design/render/animation all in one."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can design and 3-d model inside the software while you can see beautiful rendering which can be generated in a few second. After all you can create stunning animation effect for your design is just absolutely amazing. I love the lighting effect in Cinema 4D because you can adjust every little details of the lighting that you placed for your rendering.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the rendering part. I wish there is an option inside cinema 4D to allow user to preview their freshly adjusted texture instantly without waiting for couple minutes to generate a single angle rendering image. Keyshot is doing great but consider you can not model inside keyshot they should have this feature. So I think if cinema 4D have this "instant preview" feature it will be much more attracted to wide range of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be harder to advance and the learning curve of this product is big since it is a compiler of rendering, modeling, and animation. But you don't have to know al of it to use this software like me I use this product mainly for rendering. I do not do 3D modeling within this software.

I mostly use cinema 4D to generates simple rendering and simple animation effect (logo, video intro etc.) for clients.

Cinema 4D review by Aaron C.
Aaron C.

"Excellent Tool for a Graphic Designer approaching 3D."

What do you like best?

Cinema4d is an excellent tool for anyone looking to pursue 3D motion graphic interests. It's strongest feature is simply its entry point; with an overwhelming amount of instructional support anyone can learn the basics with relative ease. However, this generous learning curve doesn't result in a shallow program; instead offering near unlimited capabilities the further you delve into it's technical underside. With 3rd-party plugin support, including additional render engines, Cinema4d has become widely accepted as an industry standard.

What do you dislike?

Cinema4d ships with it's very own render engine that offers a wide array of custom settings. However, a recent rise in 3rd-party render engine support such as Octane, Arnold, and Vray means the market is as competitive as ever. While much of this is left to personal taste, these additional render engines offer unique advantages. Octane for example is GPU based, which depending on hardware tends to be exponentially faster. Arguably It's largest benefit is LiveViewer, which allows for constant rendered feedback as you work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema4d is an excellent tool for entering the 3D VFX industry. As a graphic designer I've found incredible success and support in its offerings. With a generous learning curve and thorough instructional support, anyone with an interest in motion graphics can make it happen with Cinema4d.

As a college student studying Graphic Design, Cinema4d has helped me acquire a unique skill set. Having interests and abilities in both fields allows for a more organic creative process. Because of C4D's easy entry point and near-unlimited educational support, I was able to gain confidence in my ability in under a year. Furthermore, with the rise of interest in VR experiences, having 3D interests, even as a Graphic Designer is becoming increasingly more valuable.

Cinema 4D review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Great software for motion graphics"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive and the mograph module is what it makes it stand out from all the other 3d softwares.

I personally think that what makes the difference is more the person behind the software rather than the software itself but as this is leading software at the moment in my industry I would definitely recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I personally think that the UV comands and tools could be better (probably because I learned how to do it in Autodesk Maya) but overall they aren't that bad. Also I wonder if one day it could be real time rendering using the GPU as Octane does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend this software to anyone who's willing to start a career as a motion designer. Also there are a lot of free tutorials online that let you improve your skills everyday, so that you can grow aside the software.

It's a very fast software that makes animation easier and more manageable.

Cinema 4D review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"An extremely powerful 3D program packed into one tight little package"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is an extremely powerful all-inclusive 3D program. While it may not be considered industry standard for the large scale video game and film industries, it is highly regarded among freelancers and small production studios.

Cinema gives you the ability to model, rig, animate, simulate, and render all within the same program. There are many advanced features such as sculpting and uvw unwrapping as well.

One of the most attractive features of Cinema 4D is the intuitiveness and interface. I have used other 3D programs such as Blender, 3DS Max, and Maya, all of which have a very confusing interface. Cinema lays everything out clearly and makes it easy to find what you are looking for.

Maxon is constantly updating their software, so you can be sure that you are getting up to date software and that any bugs will be quickly fixed.

All in all, Cinema 4D is a wonderful product, and the sheer power is astounding. There are countless ways to use the software, and you can use it to generate beautiful animations and stunning images.

What do you dislike?

Cinema has one of the highest learning curves of any software I have every used. I have mentioned before that the interface is intuitive and easy to use. This is true, up to a point. Getting the basics down are easy, but Cinema is such a dense program that it can take a while to learn all of the intricacies. Some of the advanced features, like X-Particles and the physical camera, are extremely complicated and hard to delve into.

The constant updates is also a double edged sword. It is good that the company is on top of the game, but new versions being released so quickly means that your version may quickly become obsolete. They phase in and out different features of the program fairly regularly, so you may have to constantly re-learn the software. In addition, it may be pricey to keep up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very dense program. However, you can easily sector off its uses and learn one segment at a time. Greyscalegorilla is a great resource for users of all levels.

Cinema is great for quick and dirty animation. We had a CAD model drawn in Autodesk Inventor, and wanted to make a 3D animated presentation. It was very easy to import the CAD model, define the individual pieces, set up restraints, and animate.

Cinema 4D review by Sam W.
Sam W.

"Top choice for Motion Graphics and 3D Productions"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D has an incredibly strong community and a very user friendly interface. The user experience of Cinema 4D is for artists by artists and that shows. It's easy to get lost in competitive applications. Cinema 4D is built for simplicity especially for After Effects users. If you're looking to jump to a new package this tool is great!

What do you dislike?

The potential power of Cinema 4D is untapped I believe. The best of both worlds would be that it offered this great simplicity while offering a deeper level of control with particle work, simulations, or rendering. The built in tools are fantastic and would take years to out grow but I have out grown them and for complex simulations I have to jump to Houdini or Maya. There are plugins solve this and the package by no means actually needs these items but they would save me a massive amount of time. For now the alembic exchange options with Houdini make up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema 4D is your new best friend.

I have to develop projects with deadlines as quick as a few hours and Cinema 4D is reliable, quick, and I am able to offer competitive work to my customers. The visual quality is leading and competitive with other industry leaders.

Cinema 4D review by Kevin a.
Kevin a.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

The UI is clean and very friendly . Cinema 4D has never crashed on me . Easy texturing . Easy simulation . Easy rendering . The in-built render is the most impressive render I've used .You have global illumination and ambient occlusion which is very easy to handle . I started to use Cinema 4D over the years as it offers more extend to your creativity and skills . If your a confused beginner I would recommend that you go for Cinema 4D cause there is a lot of tutorials available out there .

What do you dislike?

Unlike other softwares , Cinmea4d does not have normals options . So when importing as an .obj your faces might get into a little distortion . Other than that , I find it very fun to use .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it . Cinema 4D offers various parts like Stuidio Studio , Broadcasting , Prime and Visualize . Check out their site to find your need . If you were confused like I was , go for the Studio version as it comes with all the options . Cineware - Cinema 4d and After effects is really good , when your integrating elements with text for faster render .

Modelling is kinda hard to do on this , so I prefer doing it separately . and importing it . Cinema 4d modelling is easy but compared to the other softwares available it's not that friendly .

Cinema 4D review by Darian R.
Darian R.

"A versatile tool for any graphic artist"

What do you like best?

I have been using Cinema 4D since R6. In that time, the software has advanced greatly, however, one thing I have always loved about Cinema 4D is the ease of use. I have used other software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, Lightwave, Modo, Blender and others, and while each of them have specific parts that might stand above Cinema 4D, Maxon has created this suite that really has what is in my opinion the best of all worlds and it is really fast and usable.

I use Mograph tools, I have vray for rendering and I also use the advanced render when I need it. I can incorporate projection mapping and many other tools relatively easily. In my line of work I am making motion graphics, videos, web sites, mobile apps, print designs, etc and I can use the toolsets in Cinema 4D to render many styles of images and now I am just getting into STL export for 3D Printing. Cinema 4D is truly a tool that is best compared to the swiss army knife of 3D.

What do you dislike?

Cinema has many areas that could use improvement or lag behind other software packages in the industry such as character animation and a pipeline workflow for vfx that matches other more advanced software.

Sometimes the feature set grows faster than the developers can anticipate and the quality of new features takes a few releases to become truly polished or usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Modo, Blender, Maya, 3D Studio

Cinema 4D is used daily by artists in my company to create works quickly and within budgetary constraints for clients in the areas of architecture, product and motion graphics design.

We greatly benefit from the ease of use and the cross platform nature of the software.

Cinema 4D review by Igor S.
Igor S.

"Easy 3D modelling with Cinema 4D"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is very intuitive and user friendly 3D software. It offers many predefined materials but it is fairly easy to make your own materials. With usage of Deformers it is possible to make very interesting abstract shapes.

What do you dislike?

I like all aspects of Cinema 4D, but I would like to see few tools for organic modeling ( like in ZBrush)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema 4D is very user friendly 3D software. After you learn the basics further development is easily achieved trough experimenting on your own. Great thing is that it supports some nice plugins like RealFlow (for liquid simulation) and Octane Render which offers great realistic looking renders.

I am making digital illustrations and anything graphic design related. Cinema 4D allows me to quickly make 3D objects that would take a long time to draw / paint or make with some other technique. It is useful especially when I need to quickly make simple 3D objects.

Cinema 4D review by Robert K.
Robert K.

"Cinema 4D for product design"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the most. While I was learning different 3d modelling programs, I found it the most user friendly application. The small icons next to the features and tools makes it much faster to recognise them while learning the program. It's easy to do nice visuals quickly and I can concentrate on the designing task. The built in rendering engine is good enough I dont have to install other engines. Also the motion simulation fuction is useful for quick animations.

What do you dislike?

There are less content on the internet, compare to other popular 3d modelling softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for begginers who wants a user friendly interface and make there work more efficient.

Mainly I'm using it for product designing and rendering. It is really useful at the begining to quickly put the ideas in 3d and show it for the client.

Cinema 4D review by Jeremy E.
Jeremy E.

"I use Cinema 4D for animation and rendering."

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D makes working in 3D easy. It helps designers with little knowledge of 3D easily jump in, and also has a lot of the tools for experienced 3D users to work. Also the animation tools are fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The UV unwrapping is something from the stone age and is in desperate need of an update. I never unwrap in Cinema 4D and because of that tend to texture in other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a long time user of other 3d Software it's worth switching to Cinema. You might find yourself doing a few things in other applications but over all the Cinema experience is lovely and you'll slowly stay there for most of your work. If you're just starting out then start with Cinema. It's the simplest 3D package you can pick up.

3D Design and Motion Graphics.

Cinema 4D review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Intuitive, simple, powerful and very powerful."

What do you like best?

When I began in the world of 3D not know what program to use, I tried several and none understood it to start moving a single object, Finding Cinema 4D, I saw it was mu intuitive, easy to use, you remember quickly what each option representation with icons, because something that has this software is that it is very visual. On the Internet you have thousands of thousands of tutorials to learn so there is no problem that is always someone who can help you to manage the program,

All tools and options give you the ability to make animations and modeled high quality plus compatibility with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects where you can polish your work and create more spectacular things.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like it for the moment is that does not have its own engine to create fluid, use external programs as a real flow to have scenes of fluids. Maxon comes to add options to create liquid Cinema 4D and would be a standard in the 3D industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very powerful and intuitive program, that does not mean that everything is easy. You have to look very good to be done and how it will do. Every day is evolving and every day we must try to learn and absorb some of that great knowledge they bring. And speaking of knowledge, good and interesting is that Maxon has given the online manual for anyone in the world has the opportunity to learn the tools and tricks of the program.

It has nothing to envy the other 3d programs on the market, but in my personal opinion is not what the software can do, but what the user can do.

In creating 3D compositions for TV and social networks, Cinema 4D helped greatly to be able to do in a very short time animations and modeling of excellent quality, and a public that every day is growing and absorbing all the information you can with this software, we see an evolution in the quality of post production and demand is even greater.

User in Design

"C4d has been a go- to software for me when creating quick 3D elements to help communicate my designs"

What do you like best?

C4d is a software that anyone can learn. There's a wide variety of tutorials available for those that are new to the software. It is a great alternative in term so being a user friendly software compared to maya. Maya still requires many steps more than 5+ in order to get one effect done where as in c4d, a lot of those effects only require 2 steps. The interface is also very simple to understand where as maya requires a deep diving into menus - sub menus - and on. I was able to pick up on c4d in a matter of a week compared to taking a maya class for a whole semester. :)

What do you dislike?

I think c4d is great for what it does but I do hope to see Macon push the boundaries even more. Possibly creating a more seamless experience when importing models from other 3D softwares.. So that it can encourage even more collaboration. If the software wasn't so slow when working with high fidelity models- people in the industry would consider using it more than maya. I think also taking it up a notch in terms of possibly collaborating with 3rd party 3D printers. That would be a great to just take my skills from c4d and make something in real life!

I've had multiple opportunities to receive a cad model or maya model and import it into c4d but the downside was that my productivity level was slowed down due to model now in c4d being unable to be moved and tweaked and animated quickly.

Cinema 4D review by Ben K.
Ben K.

"Easy to Learn, Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

Intuitive modeling tools are friendly for beginners. The UI is very friendly and customizable by the user or via built-in presets. Physical renderer can produce some spectacular results. Mograph toolset makes creating motion graphics and abstract 3D designs a breeze. Team Render is a nice feature that can help you harness all available CPUs on your network at render time. Lots of great plugins available to build on an already solid foundation. Compatibility with popular 3rd party renderers is great. Viewport speed and performance appears to be getting better and better.

What do you dislike?

UV editing is a bit of a trial-and-error process. Texture painting and UVs end up being easier to tackle using a different application. Physical renderer is awesome but speeds could stand to be improved, particularly when working with in-camera motion blur or depth-of-field turned on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software package for anyone interested in adding 3D to their workflow or skillset. Integration with After Effects gets better with each update of AE. The CineWare link isn't perfect but it's a great step towards a more seamless integration of two of the most popular applications for motion graphics design. Students should check out the education licensing option from MAXON. For freelancers or small shops, definitely give the evaluation copy a test run. As with any 3D software, there is definitely a learning curve, but for my money I'd say C4D is one of the easiest to jump into. On top of that, the training available and volume of free online tutorials for C4D makes it very easy to learn. In my experience many folks in the C4D community are happy to share their knowledge. Having a community of great folks out there willing to share tips and techniques is invaluable. You'll be able to get up and running in no time.

The ability to rely on the package to give me the tools I need to meet client demands and timelines. C4D provides flexibility in every stage of design and animation, and working with things like non-destructive modifiers helps keep me on time when dealing with last-minute client changes. I haven't experienced any catastrophic crashes or application errors so I feel like stability is a priority for MAXON. Reliable performance is highly important and C4D has provided that on many a late-night render sprint.

Cinema 4D review by JOSE RICARDO M.
JOSE RICARDO M.

"Multifunctional program for all your digital designs"

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about the new version of Cinema 4D direct integration with After Effects. This link allows easy management of the two programs and gives you that plus when working. Also Lens Distortion Support enables you to easily generate a distortion profile for any image, You can also remove distortion for tracking and scene creation, reapply distortion at render time, and save lens settings for future use if you wish. they have been introduced to help you sculpt more easily. The Sculpt to Pose Morph feature automatically creates morph targets for each sculpt layer, which lets you quickly transition from character design to character animation.

What do you dislike?

An unfavorable point for me is the cost of the program. Perhaps it is a bit expensive, but you simply have to give value to everything you can do with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finally I can add several virtues of the program, surely you liked:

1 Tumbling

8 Restrict Sculpting Falloff Based on Surface Distance

9 New Mesh Detection Mode

10 Switch Render Settings

11 Expanded Renaming Tool

The benefits of having a working tool in which you can solve multiple problems giving several solutions with their element. Shortly manage the program may account for the scope of this product and finished loving it

Cinema 4D review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

" Incredibly user friendly"

What do you like best?

There is always a combination of tools for an elegant solution. Morgraph is so incredibly powerful, flexible, and has few limitations. There are also a host of 3rd party plugins that take the already awesome capabilities to another level.

What do you dislike?

Material node workflow for standard render. I also think there is room for Maxon to improve viewport performance especially when there are many objects on screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check and see what plugins are available. Lots of 3rd party renders co-exist with C4D quite well.

I am able to hit really tight deadlines because I can count on C4D having the right tools for almost all challenges.

Cinema 4D review by Cynthia Y.
Cynthia Y.

"3D Modeling in Cinema 4D"

What do you like best?

I use Cinema 4D mostly for modeling and texturing. The tools for modeling are intuitive and easy to use. I like the options I have for texturing and lighting. Having multiple views of my model on the viewport (without needing to switch between viewports) lets me work a lot faster.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve and it's not easy to pick up compared to the Adobe design programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use a mouse when using Cinema 4D. The program also uses quite a bit of RAM.

3D models made from Cinema 4D look very professional.

Cinema 4D review by User

"Awesome Animation Program"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is very versatile and has plenty of functions. It can fulfill the needs of someone who needs to animate a scene with various moving objects such as characters, environments and much more, to someone who simply needs some 3D text with lighting. Another awesome feature is how open the program is to importing and exporting various types of files, an issue other programs often have.

What do you dislike?

The program is not too user friendly and a lot of time is necessary to fully understand how a lot of the things work even though a very extensive manual is available for the various iterations of the program itself. The program itself is also extremely expensive for most people, which is why I recommend using a program (one very similar to Cinema 4D) called Blender for as long as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program if you have the money and time to spend on it, and limits the consumer in no way. Before paying the full price though, I highly recommend to try a great free program called Blender, which is similar in style to Cinema 4D but has by no means as many features. I highly recommend it ti someone who has the money/experience for it!

I have used Cinema 4D to completely animate scenes and then render them, and also used it for various 3D text effects that are hard to achieve with any type of photo editing software (photoshop etc.).

Cinema 4D review by Tarek S.
Tarek S.

"Fast & Easy"

What do you like best?

My favourite aspect of the software is how user-friendly it is. Most of the time I am able to watch fast tutorials online and use what I've learned into creating something uniquely mine. I also love the fun aspect of experimenting with geometry, camera movement, texture, etc. Sometimes ending up with accidental pieces of art.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the minimal access to discussion groups that help out with a few things that happen by mistake. Sometime sI'd have to repeat the whole thing all over again because of one mistake.

AfterEffects can be limited in several things so I find it very useful when I can start a scene in Cinema 4D and finish it off in AfterEffects which gives me an advantage on many other animators / motion designers.

Cinema 4D review by Justin L.
Justin L.

"my favorite 3d modeler"

What do you like best?

quite easy to understand, even my non-graphist coworkers quickly understood how to use it.

plus its physical renderer is already quite good.

What do you dislike?

mograph can be a pain to understand and master.

Recommendations to others considering the product

expensive, but worth it

mechanical design and 3d renders

Cinema 4D review by David P.
David P.

"Very powerful and very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and very powerful, ideal for graphic designers, and motion graphics; of course all the benefits for 3D animations, powerful render engine, FX, Advance Lighting and compatible with third party software. The learning curve is very fast thanks to its intuitive user interface.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had any dislike, something significant that review, perhaps some inconsistencies in Global Illumination when rendering a video sequence

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested to use 3D software and work in graphic design, motion graphics, VJ, it is the tool of choice; has no comparison

Cinema 4D review by Maryline R.
Maryline R.

"Freelance designer, using C4D since 2013"

What do you like best?

You literally do ANYTHING with this software, any kind of volume. The renderers are pretty powerful, sometimes you won't have to use the V-Ray plug-in.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty hard to use the software, I learned by myself, and I had to watch a lot of tutorials. Some tools are really hard to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start maybe with another 3D software, and watch a lot of tutorials. And learn to use every tool.

I do all my 3D with this software, and all the renderings. I couldn't work without it.

Cinema 4D review by User

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

Great integration with the Adobe Creative Suite, perfect use with Unity, amazing for basic and advanced modeling

What do you dislike?

Would like a GPU rendering based option and increased UV mapping support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great as a starting modeling software, basic version comes with Creative Suite and integrates well with it.

Allows me to create 3D models for projects, game development, motion graphics, videos and animations

Cinema 4D review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Best Fast 3D software"

What do you like best?

I like that C4D has absorbed all elements from other programs to create a full software package that can do everything- sculpt, paint, animate, and easily export to compositing software like AE.

What do you dislike?

C4D does lack some abilities that in depth specific software can create - for example Zbrush is still better for sculpting and AE is still needed to composite shots. C4D would be better if it had more options built into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely use this orogram. It's easy to learn and speeds up production time.

I create sick looking motion gfx and I do it quickly unlike on other programs like Maya that take forever to work in.

Cinema 4D review by Joel L.
Joel L.

"The pefect, faster and intuitive 3D tool"

What do you like best?

the powerful native 3D render engine. is very freindly software.

What do you dislike?

the software doesn't have shortcuts for changing of views.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ligthweight and easy to use

Modeling and Rendering Products and objects.

User in Animation

"A great piece of industry standard software"

What do you like best?

I really liked the interface and layout, coming from using 3Ds Max, Cinema 4D felt a little more streamlined in places than Max. The material features also seemed more advanced and from what I learned from my teachers at University, its more geared towards VFX than the other 3D packages. This was evident from its unique compatibility with after effects and I really loved this feature(unfortunately I haven't found it anywhere else)

For me however, Cinema 4D ended up being a stepping stone to Maya as our University's native software was Autodesk and I simply needed something that would work on my macbook.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't much I disliked about this product in the time that I used it for, other than the usual problems one faces when migrating to a new software package. Slightly different way of working, particularly anal ways of doing certain things, ect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Cinema 4D is a great package with a lot of unique and cool features that makes it stand out from other similar packages, and if you have that kind of money to play with, then go for it, however it will cost you an arm and a leg. I was able to use it during University as I was granted a students licence. For the common user, I would recommend downloading blender instead of paying unnecessary extortionate prices for software that's not that much more powerful.

I tried out a lot of different 3D packages during this time, including 3Ds Max, Rhinoceros, Cinema 4D, and Blender, until I eventually settled on Maya. I gained a little insight from trying all of these and conferring with my teachers at the time.

Although each package really does the same things in different ways, It seems that each package is geared towards a certain industry, 3Ds Max seems to be a fairly generic middle ground and starting point for most novices, similar to Maya however this is geared more towards gaming assets with its compatibilities with Unity, Blender is also geared towards gaming but in more the sense of character design and creature creation. I hear Rhyno is good for more formal designs due to its deadly accuracy, being suited more for medical illustration and artwork of this nature. And as mentioned, Cinema 4D is geared towards VFX and cinematic related work.

Cinema 4D review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"The easiest all in one package"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Cinema4D is perhaps the friendly interface of the software. Anyone who never worked in a 3D software can just start working on C4D without many constraints, it's as user friendly as that. As a matter of fact, C4D is known as the best 3D software for beginners.

Another great thing is the "all in one factor" - you can model, animate and render with great quality, all in one software. After i've seen what some artists could do with C4D i just had to jump in on it!

What do you dislike?

Maybe the fact that it's not the best software for each specific area. Although is a great 3D software, it's not the best for modelling, rendering and animation.

Top 3D artists usually use different softwares for each purpose, maybe the negative point it's not being the best at each area.

In the advertising world, 3D is essencial. We've reached a point were just photo manipulation isn't enough for the bigger challenges - there's many projects nowadays that we don't even realise they're 3D, it's come to the point were it's more rentable to make a 3D model with a super realistic render than to arranje a photoshoot with the exact model that we want, that would envolve a posterior pos-production.

So if you wanna be on top of your advertising game, learning 3D it's a must.

Cinema 4D review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Very intuitive, good results."

What do you like best?

I think the interface is very user friendly and you can achieve good results easily. It's pretty good to model preliminary sketchs but also good to render final images.

So, you have a good work flow within the same software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it might be tricky to import from CAD softwares. It's actually working good with Revit through FBX, but it's brings some issues.

When you're working only with autodesk products it's way easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to keep in mind that you won't find as much support as you would find for the competittor 3DS Max, but anyway, there are may internet web sites and forums helping with Cinema 4D issue.

I found it lighter and faster than 3DS Max. I have a feeling that C4D recquires a less powerfull machine, what means less cost.

Preliminary images to show clients are produced very fast and impresses customers.

It's also very good when you participate in architecture contests, because Cinema 4D has tools to render simples 3Ds, for example: only outlines images, sketchs (cartoon looking).

Cinema 4D review by Mauricio T.
Mauricio T.

"Incredibly useful program"

What do you like best?

I love how you can create pretty much anything that you want. The software is very fast and easy to use

What do you dislike?

App crashes every once in awhile, but this usually only happens when doing heavy work

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of tutorials out there that will help you create whatever you want

It's easy to learn and and use

Cinema 4D review by Fábio M.
Fábio M.

"Very good 3D software"

What do you like best?

3D modeling is fast and easy

The user interface is very easy to understand and use

Very complete in terms of shape manipulation

Compatible with Keyshot and Vray

Vey good for beginners and professionals

What do you dislike?

Default rendered could be better.

Render times are a bit long, but that depends on the computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for people who want to start modeling

Easy to use

Fast modeling

3D modeling and rendering

Cinema 4D review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I freelance work related to motion graphic videos and thus sometimes called as freeance artist."

What do you like best?

It's user friendly interface is really simple. Multi[le plugins and recent updates make it more usable for using in my motion graphics videos.

What do you dislike?

No i don't dislike it. I rather use it only when i need to make quick motion graphics videos or just to keep myself updated on the new plugins.

I do motion graphic videos while freelancing for clients who are into different types of business and like business schools and media and social events and thus solve some design and communication problems.

I get paid for the work that i do and also get to know about industry trends and styles.

Cinema 4D review by Carolina L.
Carolina L.

"If you're a designer in a fast pase life who wants 3d good looking models this is it!"

What do you like best?

In comparison to other software like Maya, Cinema4d is easier to use and faster to learn. you will see results with great quality in less than a month.

What do you dislike?

As any other 3d software, it takes time to learn its interface. The shortcuts can be annoying for somebody moving from other 3d programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and look for tutorials on how to use cinema 4D that way you'll learn that is way more easy than you think

Motion Design

Cinema 4D review by Thomas N.
Thomas N.

"best learning curve of the market"

What do you like best?

fast learning curve, simple but efficient material creation, easy to setup for rendering as for animation. a lot of plugin are available, big community online, new version every year with lot of improvement.

What do you dislike?

no fluid and smoke simulation in native format. does not support importation of some CAD files format ( from Solidworks or catia for exemple )

Recommendations to others considering the product

switching to Cinema4D is the best thing i've ever done. very easy to understand with a fast learning curve. it made simple what look hard to do before.

perfect sofware for still 3D rendering and animation. easy to setup, wide range of possibilities

Cinema 4D review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great tool for one-person motion design generalists."

What do you like best?

C4D is a fantastic tool for smaller teams - its interface allows it to be operated by a single artist, as opposed to other tools requiring a larger team of specialists.

What do you dislike?

The import and export options are seriously lacking. It is a pity C4D does not easily talk to VR and game development tools with sub-par OBJ and FBX feature set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to do motion design, abstract 3D, graphics and so on - it's a great tool. Easy to learn and full of features.

If you want to do VR or game dev, look elsewhere, at least in the current state of the software.

I use it to pre-viz sets for 360/VR film. I can quickly prototype props and light setups and render them out to try in an HMD.

Cinema 4D review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Very good product for what I use it for."

What do you like best?

I use this program to make 3D graphics with animation for my company. Works fantastic once you know how to use it and what to do. Good online community of people who are ready to help

What do you dislike?

Load times, this could be my computer but switching between open projects I have to wait a minute or two for it to load..

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online forums will be your best friend.

Just play around with it a bunch to get familiar with it.

Allows us to give consistent quality graphics/animations to our customers.

Cinema 4D review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Intuitive, Faster to learn"

What do you like best?

As someone who dips in and out of 3D, I love Cinema's UI and documentation. Everything is laid out and clearly written, and even things like shortcuts are really fast to pickup (thanks to shift+C search and one button sub-menus.) Most 3D packages get the job done, but this lets me figure things out fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the lack of support you might see for downloadable scenes or tutorials for some stuff. This is mostly due to the long time popularity of 3DS Max and Maya who have way more history and tools built.

The time saved in learning quick;y and finding what I need to accomplish are the main benefits to C4D over other packages to me.

Cinema 4D review by Cody S.
Cody S.

"Awesome piece of software "

What do you like best?

The interface is fast and easy to learn but not limiting.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a native node based texture system (one is available through third party plugins).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial at Maxons website. You won't look back!

Cinema 4d does the whole 3D workflow for our studio. From motion graphics to vfx.

Cinema 4D review by Administrator

"my alternative to 3D studio max for mac"

What do you like best?

I used it for a couple of years for still image rendering due to the fact that 3d max wasn't supported on macs (i think still doesn't). The cinerender is good enough and the the minor modelling that i did was very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Their were not many ready textures and objects in the native file formats. Also if you import from archicad sometimes the export/import features don't work that well. i would say especially for the light sources to be inserted in C4D. Furthermore the renderer is good but you want to add Vray add-on to it which is at a different level especially for still imaging

High quality 3D rendering

Cinema 4D review by Manuel L.
Manuel L.

"Cinema 4D Best sofware to 3D and Video"

What do you like best?

The interface is greatful and easy to do anything

What do you dislike?

More options to move or manipulate the testures

Recommendations to others considering the product

Total Recommendations for this software is a great program to do 3D and Video in the same time

I did works on my job on my personal profile it is a great software.

Cinema 4D review by Daniel Alejandro C.
Daniel Alejandro C.

"Great 3d package (if you have a generous budget)"

What do you like best?

Fast and accurate standard render engine. Great modelling tools. Scene tree helps organize elements. Material Nodes.

What do you dislike?

Full package is pretty expensive (but includes everything for production-qualty work).

Could use re-render of specific parts over existing image (possible, but only using an external image editor).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If budget allows, I would recommend the full package, else you may find yourself lacking a specific tool during production.

Modelling and rendering of: products, architectural interiors / exteriors, exhibit booths.

Fast and high quality results, from ideation to final image / animation.

Cinema 4D review by Louay M.
Louay M.

"best choice for 3d motion graphic ,fast and Stable "

What do you like best?

the mograph tools is the best and UI , the render is very nice and fast u can get many styles from it ,

i use it for motion graphic and info graphic presentations its easy and almost interactive ..

What do you dislike?

i think just need little improvement in modeling tools , and shaders . but in general it is useable

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need fast and easy way to create Motion graphics cinema 4D is the best tool ..

motion and info graphics . props animation and advertisement Prints

Cinema 4D review by Guglielmo R.
Guglielmo R.

"C4D review from Ghiaccio"

What do you like best?

Motion graphics, user interface, modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering.

C4D is really user friendly for people who wants to start a new challenge with 3D but they don't have so much techinical skills. The software is very helpful to understand the dynamics of motion graphics, polygonal 3d modeling and animation. It works togheter in the pipeline with After Effect.

What do you dislike?

Not too much realistic. Not phisical - based

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do lots of tutorials, download plugins.

I realize everyday lots of motion graphics and works for many companies.

Cinema 4D review by Ying Kit L.
Ying Kit L.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Straight forward to use. The keyboard shortcut are relatively similar to other 3D Modelling Software.

What do you dislike?

Heavy RAM processes for rendering which cause my PC to be overheated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reducing processing power for rendering. It is understandable that rendering 3D product requires heavy processor however some machines goes overheat.

I would recommend Cinema 4D to any production users in the Creative Design Industries.

Creating Technology production using 3D Animation/Modelling software. The benefits of using Cinema 4D is to enhance and further develop my skills.

Cinema 4D review by Nicolás L.
Nicolás L.

"Excellent software for creating High Quality renders and animations"

What do you like best?

Great product tho model, render and animate. Has an excellent own render engine. And if combined with other render engines (like Vray), great quality can be achieved!! And it also runs in Windows and Mac, so it's hard to have compatibility issues.

What do you dislike?

Not so many plugins and materials existing in comparison with 3DS Max and Maya.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, easy interface, very good render and animation quality.

No business problems. As a benefit I can distinguish the compatibility of Operative Systems.

"a very good friend"

What do you like best?

I like the simple method that allow you to build things, expecially in mograph.

also the interface is clear and was the first thing that introduced me in to a 3d program without problems.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the render engine.

It is too slow, expecially now when you can use external plug in that allow you to do the same render in a very short time.

modelling tools are different from many other programs and sometime not good.

when I work usually I use cinema to improve the animations, it is a great tool also to integrated with 2d and Aftere effects.

sometime you have to study a lot of new things but Is good for your brain!

Cinema 4D review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"I love this program "

What do you like best?

I love using this program to create exactly what I want.

What do you dislike?

It has a few glitches that have erased my work if u didn't save it soon enough.

I have used it to create a scene that I can then use as my reference for drawing.

User in Animation

"Cinema 4D general review"

What do you like best?

The interface of C4D is really easy to use. In a few hours you can be able to use it for model and do a lots of beautiful effects.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the rigging and animation sections is not complete like other softwers but with some tools you can fill the gap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use C4D for my personal works and I think is easy and fast to use.

The interface is really easy to use also the first time.

Cinema 4D review by Luca F.
Luca F.

"Best animation software ever!"

What do you like best?

The interface it’s very user-friendly. I come from Rhinoceros and I felt really comfortable drawing 3D models for little animations. Plug-ins like like X-particle are amazing!

What do you dislike?

Require a lot of RAM memory and sometimes even 16GB are not enough while rendering at low res.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cinema 4D has very powerful plug-ins that gives you the ability to have professional videos even with a basic knowledge.

High quality animation helped to better sell products with amazing sample videos.

Cinema 4D review by User in Higher Education

"Create 3D Design And Animation with C4D for over 8 years"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D's ease of use and designer friendly

What do you dislike?

UV Maps and Bodypaint need to be updated

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used many other 3D softwares and Cinema 4D has so many benefits. It allows you to work more efficiently and to see visually what you are creating without punching in a bunch of numbers.

I create 3D design an animation for clients all over the world as well as teach 3D animation classes using Cinema 4D.

Cinema 4D review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Easily the Next Step for Motion Designers..."

What do you like best?

Presets in Cinema 4D are great. It's interface is definitely one of the highlights for me as a traditional graphic designer.

What do you dislike?

Render times. HA! The power (resources) needed to run scenes in full-detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a motion graphics designer looking for the next step...Cinema 4D is for you.

3D is the next step for my company in selling it's services. People are wanting more, more, MORE!

"My main tool"

What do you like best?

Its a great all in one software, you can 3D model, great motion design tools, typography and render, basically you can do all your project in Cinema 4D, without the need to export.

What do you dislike?

The updates, are great for having new features, but when they happen so often...

Im a person of habit, i dont like changes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great all in one tool !

My main use for Cinema 4D is Motion design and 3D modeling. Its great to be able to such a great tool for both these creative fields, and many more.

I like to experiment and create new methods of expressing myself, Cinema 4D is great for that, very flexible.

Cinema 4D review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent program for 3D modeling and animation"

What do you like best?

Intuitive controls with a lot of options make this a great program to get into cgi.

What do you dislike?

The animation system is clunky and hard to master.

Creating 3D objects for use in our videos that go into After Effects.

Cinema 4D review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Use it all the time for all of my 3D needs"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and to figure out. Mograph module is great for creating animations. Using the "help" actually helps!

What do you dislike?

Project settings vs. render settings (specially when setting frame rate) is confusing.

I create custom motion graphics for diverse clients in commercial and broadcast design. Using 3D helps create more interesting animations and graphics and Cinema 4D is by far the most user friendly and stable 3d software I've used.

Cinema 4D review by Nikolett M.
Nikolett M.

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly everything is at hand for modeling.

What do you dislike?

It was a harder transition from Maya. But that's not nessarly a dislike.

It's a quicker way to create 3 D models and animations

Cinema 4D review by Haiden G.
Haiden G.

"Cinema 4D is a comprehensive, well developed, cohesive set of tools that make motion graphics easy."

What do you like best?

I like the integration of animation workflow, with basic rendering that is needed for product shots.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the enormous toolkit that takes time to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and watch many Greyscale Gorilla intro tutorial videos before diving into the program, it will make the transition much easier.

Showcasing new design solutions that we come up with, in an agency setting.

Cinema 4D review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Great for gorgeous renders"

What do you like best?

The built in rendering engine is among the best in the industry. Global illumination comes default and really makes your renders pop.

What do you dislike?

Built in modeling tools could use some work. This is a great companion software to 3d studio max for presentation and final output.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want quick and beautiful rendering solutions for your 3d models or artwork, this is exactly what you should be looking at. Broadcast quality rendering at a press of a button. Flawless and dynamic lighting system, as well.

Advertising and Promotional materials.

Cinema 4D review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"Excellent and complete 3D rendering and animation system"

What do you like best?

Very stable and fast, complete solution for 3D modelling, rendering, texturing, sculpting, animation, scripting and compositing. It is a capable alternative to Autodesk 3ds Max or Maya.

Highlights: good integration with VectorWorks, ArchiCAD (all from Nemetschek), but also integration with After Effects, Unity (through FBX) and Photoshop (through multi-layered PSD exports).

The Physical render engine can lead to very believable lighting, with not too much grain. You can also do a hardware (GPU screen) rendering or integrate with RenderMan compliant renderers, if you want. That said, there is more than enough rendering power available as is.

The Motion Graphics (MoGraph) module is very flexible for procedural modelling and animation and so is the integrated visual scripting (called XPresso), the SDK (called Coffee for scripting), Character animation (Mocca) and even Python scripting support.

Flexible user interface, with multiple layouts you can save..

Runs on Windows and OSX and is fully capable of 64-bit memory access, GPU accelerated viewport display and multi-threaded rendering.

Complete file support and good workflow integration.

It has become free for students, but schools need to buy a maintenance license.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive if you need all functionality.

Y-axis is used for Upward direction (like most DCC software), which feels odd for CAD or BIM users.

Not as widely supported with books, resources and tutorials as 3ds Max or Maya. Good sources are Cineversity, Creative Cow and 3d fluff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good and complete solution for rendering, animation and integration with CAD, BIM and presentations. Alternatives are 3ds Max (Windows-only) and Maya.

Very stable and reliable product. New features are welcomed (e.g. camera tracking in r16, the improved advanced rendering and the extensive Mograph and Character tools).

Rendering and animation BIM models. Transferring ArchiCAD models to Unity.

Cinema 4D review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Working through the "selling environment experience" process"

What do you like best?

I really like how C4D speeds up my workflow from selecting simple basic shapes to modding and changing complex shapes and the fast and simple rendering previews.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to get the objects properties right, but it's common place with all 3D software, but took me a while to accommodate to C4D interface.

Rendering models for architect and for catalogs for different clients. Speeding up my workflow from model to render.

Cinema 4D review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"grate bit of 3D softwair easy to use but with very rich fetueres"

What do you like best?

ease of use and to learn has lots of features even after 10 years am still learning new stuff

What do you dislike?

now the bevel deformer works with more than one textures

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it out you there are loads of tutorials out there which help look at Grayscalgoriller

3D visuals and animations, also some Motion graphics

Cinema 4D review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's very powerful the way this program helps to do quickly renders and the quality worth it."

What do you like best?

The first time I used Cinema 4D was after taking on a project that required 3D for presentation and spending the weekend before production learning as much as I could about the software. Surprisingly, I was able to mock out designs within a few days.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a lot the libraries, some material are not useful and never change nothing about it.

I use this to do mock ups a lot, its the best way to have the same look on mockups.

User in Design

"Unique for motion graphics"

What do you like best?

Mograph is the best module, you can achieve what you can't with other 3d software

What do you dislike?

the viewport is terrible, there is smt wrong with the programming. IE can't really stand that it cannot handle the clones but it can handle the matrix object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

not for CGI, only for motion graphics designer

I use cinema 4D for everything, recently even to do 2D stuff like transitions or grids I use mograph rather than illustrator and after effects.

"C4D Reviews"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface

Tag system

Material builder

What do you dislike?

Render pass system which is very confusing and not intuitive

Animation

Product visualization

User in Design

"Great 3D tool especially for motion graphics"

What do you like best?

It's the best tool to integrate 3d elements in motion graphics work in After Effects

What do you dislike?

keyframing and the timeline could be a bit more intuitive

It's a great generalist tool for all 3d needs

Cinema 4D review by User in Computer Software

"Amazing 3d Software"

What do you like best?

all the modelling tools, different layouts, sculpture tools and the integration with After Effects

What do you dislike?

the third party plug in for render, they work pretty good but is expensive as

Easy to use, integrated with my post production software

User in Design

"Good.. But i would go for 3Ds max if i am buying"

What do you like best?

Tags and chracters tree are the best feature

What do you dislike?

Material editor is limited

No "editible poly" as in 3Ds max

Can't use multiple uvw channels for the same object

3d modeling for futher use in interaction design

Cinema 4D review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"working with cinema 4d for more than 6 years now."

What do you like best?

minimal design, intuitiv UI, good support

What do you dislike?

the prize is pretty high, a better particle system would be great

i've been doing motiongraphics and cinema 4d lets me do quick changes for example.

Learning about Cinema 4D?

* We monitor all Cinema 4D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.