Cinema 4D

Cinema 4D Studio is the very best that MAXON has to offer for professional 3D artists. If you want to create advanced 3D graphics but need a helping hand to ensure you create jaw-dropping graphics quickly and easily, then this is the choice for you.

Work for Cinema 4D?

Learning about Cinema 4D?

Cinema 4D Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 85 Cinema 4D reviews
Cinema 4D review by <span>Nathan B.</span>
Nathan B.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

the best thing is that it's very user-friendly when coming to designing and rendering 3D and most probably be the best software for someone starting out. the tool is very easy to learn and me myself learned it with the help of youtube videos. the Mograph in the Cinema4D is exclusive for animation and one of the greatest animation tool ever. no other software in the market offers such a tool in their software built right in. the software is pretty popular and very easy to use more add-ons and project files from this party which is really helpful and makes your work really easy. C4D integrates very well with Adobe after effects CC which I found really helpful while designing. the cinema 4d software updater and support are really great. they help me a lot of time as my pc went into trouble, they also reply to your queries almost within minutes..the redeting is also pretty quick with CInema 4D comparing with other products in the same field.

What do you dislike?

modelling is hard within the Cinema 4d and i found its hard to get control when designing complex models. the pricing is not cheap and most of the users out there won't be able to afford it. the software is really heavy and you need serious hardware if you need to work on complex projects which requires a lot of ram and VGA cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it isn't cheap but if youre serious about getting into 3d modeling, irecomment you to go with Cinema 4D.

designing and animating 3d models

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cinema 4D
Cinema 4D review by <span>Hector U.</span>
Hector U.

"Excellent and quick results"

What do you like best?

Its very straightforward. It has some very simple tools for you to create amazing renders. Also you have A LOT of control on how materials interact with lights and shadows. I've never been looking for a realistic outcome, so the default tools that C4D has are already more than enough, however, you can also expand your limits with render engines such as octane or indigo to create more realistic renders.

Its Mograph module is a time-saver! Very often I find myself in need of creating multiple objects, and the fact that I can create and edit multiple objects really makes my job very easy

What do you dislike?

The render process is slightly confusing because there's more than one way to export your file, wether its a complex animation or just an image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of tutorials out there, so my recommendation would be mainly for new users. Do enough research on C4Ds capabilities and how can you take advantage of them. Also, persevere. It can be quite intimidating at first, but it's actually quite user-friendly.

One of our clients is a donut shop so I'm able to create 3d-illustrations and animations of donuts and beverages.

What 3D Modeling solution do you use?

Cinema 4D review by <span>Billy S.</span>
Billy S.

"Maxon C4D"

What do you like best?

The non-destructive workflow. Having the ability to keep objects parametric is vital for what we do. It makes versioning quick and painless. Having access to edit values to alter the look of things is what makes C4D so powerful. The integration and workflow between AE has also been simplified and added to since I started using C4D and it looks like it's just getting better.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about C4D, but if I had to target one thing I would have to say the UV system needs a lot of work. It's possible to do the things you need to do with the current setup, but it has a clunky workflow and is missing some much needed tools to make editing the UVs easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend getting the entire package. Having access to all the efectors and deformers is a must. There is a ton of power available with all the tools they provide.

We provide motion graphics for various commercial installs and sporting facilities around the world. We generate ads, video intros, crowd prompts, and a variety of other content for stadiums.

Cinema 4D review by <span>James G.</span>
James G.

"An obsession turned profession"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to tools, training, and plugins, matched with the user-friendly UI, makes this my software of choice. For users trying to begin a career in 3D design, one of the biggest barriers to entry can be frustration, but with Cinema 4D, it's user interface is so intuitive that a person can get started and create even the most rudimentary of shapes with moderate success. Online training and help are readily available with easy to follow tutorials and techniques. Maxon is very helpful as well, as they hold multiple events around the county that users can meet up at, and engage with other users, trainers, and celebrities of the 3D world.

What do you dislike?

More advanced features like xpresso can feel daunting to learn. Other things are minor, but reconciling settings from one machine to another can be annoying. Having a user profile, like that of Adobe, would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to add 3D rendering capabilities to your existing video, graphic design, or motion graphics business, I would recommend Cinema 4D over any other 3D software out there. It will allow you to quickly create and render beautiful 3D models and animations, impressing your client, and elevating your project. I cant recommend it enough.

My business is built upon my use of this software. Without Cinema 4D I would have had to turn to inferior products like 3Ds max or maya. Being about to quickly create assets, render, and delivery is critical. This software allows me to service an area of the video production industry's needs that is still relatively specialized, but thanks to its ease of use and access to training, I was able to provide this service after a short period of learning. Now that I have become an expert in the use of this software, it sets me well above that of my competitors in the video production industry.

Cinema 4D review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Love the user interface but some building processes are a bit weak"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create 3D animations with high quality textures, it truly lets creativity go free when a software doesn't get in the way of the user.

What do you dislike?

I wish there would be a huge library of pre made high quality textures that everyone uses. Not like 5 or 10, I mean hundreds. This would make the app so incredibly better than any other 3D app in my opinion. I'd be able to create a 3D model in a matter of minutes, apply a really good brick texture preset to the wall, a really good wood floor texture to the floors etc...All that without having to spend extra or download lots of textures from random people online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's probably the easiest way to learn to do 3D animation!

It allows me to create 3D animations and visuals quickly and efficiently, with a user interface focused on content creation more than 3D design or engineering like SolidWorks or 3DS

Cinema 4D review by <span>Isaac C.</span>
Isaac C.

"Best 3d software for graphic designers"

What do you like best?

Cinema 4d is the best 3D software for graphic designers. It is the program for excellence. Nowadays more and more people in the sector are using.

Is the best program to create animations in 3d. Has many new characteristics, and gives you a lot of ways to create.

Recently it has improved the compatibility with adobe after effects, which makes it the best software to create your own motion graphics.

Without doubt the best 3d program for this sector.

What do you dislike?

Maybe, the way to animate it's complex. Learning is needed to start to do something 'decent'. You need to research a lot of materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not an easy program, it is very extensive and laborious, but it is the most complete and the best for graphic designers, and the most used,

In my daily life I use Cinema 4D to make animations. I use illustrator to make the illustrations, then I extrude them into 4d cinema and create animations.

At first it is not easy, but when you control the program is the best

Learning about Cinema 4D?

* We monitor all Cinema 4D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.