CircleCI

CircleCI gives you all the benefits of continuous integration with none of the headaches of maintaining it.

Work for CircleCI?

Learning about CircleCI?

CircleCI Reviews

Ask CircleCI a Question
Showing 179 CircleCI reviews
CircleCI review by <span>Manthan M.</span>
Manthan M.

Great for Deployment

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to deploy a public repository to a private server while hiding all sensitive content. Travis CI does not allow for this. The builds are also significantly faster than other platforms, and the UI is modern unlike some of the other competitors. I am surprised this isnt more popular among open source communities as it is pretty much free for both private and public repositories.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of their new 2.0 system. I find the config file too verbose but this could be good if thats what you need. Travis CI and Gitlab have a much nicer config set up which I prefer. It is nice that they provide sample configs we can copy so it is bearable. I can see how this could be better for more complicated projects. I also find the dashboard a bit confusing. I think Travis CI nailed this with their UI, so this is something Circle CI could improve on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, its free!

Other Continuous integrations do not provide the ability to deploy open source projects to private repositories. Circle CI however does let us, which means we can deploy things like our documentation to private servers for hosting but let the general public provide their editing and skills. The ability to set private environment variables and the ability to copy the public key so I can use that on my private servers for deployment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CircleCI
CircleCI review by <span>Jerrod M.</span>
Jerrod M.

Help in integrating with circleci

What do you like best?

CircleCI is universal, easy to configure and integrates well with existing cloud services. The pricing is calculated "for parallel assembly", in contrast to "for the project" - this allows us to also include several small projects on the side without breaking the bank. The ability of SSH to machine is an excellent bonus, this reduces the amount of time spent tracking errors. CirclecI simplifies the configuration of the integration server - in most cases, a simple yml-file with minimal changes between projects easily allows our Android applications in CI!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I run into problems with an outdated cache, and I have to rebuild the assembly manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you use CircleCI, you save a lot of time! Subscribing to a small development team justifies itself. You get a 14-day trial period to try it out, so do not hesitate to find out if it meets all the requirements of your team

Running large sets of tests is the main advantage. We hope now to create Docker containers with a conveyor.

What Continuous Integration solution do you use?

CircleCI review by <span>Yoanis G.</span>
Yoanis G.

CircleCI is one of the coolest CI systems in the block

What do you like best?

CircleCI is very easy to use. You can see that the company puts a lot of effort to provide developers the best CI/CD integration there is. What I like best:

- Pipeline as code: deployment/build pipeline is part of your code and it's actually checked in in your VCS)

- Docker integration: CircleCI 2.0 is containers all the way

- Failure details: You can easily see at which stage and why a build/deployment pipeline failed

What do you dislike?

One thing I would love to see CircleCI support is GPU but well that only applies if you're in the AI domain. Also probably better / more exhaustive build stats. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible but it would be nice if Docker volumes could be more easily supported when using the Remote Docker option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're into CI/CD then you ought to give CircleCI a try. It's a modern tool that can help you do a better job.

- Continuous Integration

- Automated builds/deployments

CircleCI review by <span>Mario C.</span>
Mario C.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Fast, useful, most suitable for simpler projects

What do you like best?

CircleCI 2.0 now offers a powerful engine to run jobs on top of Docker images, which allows you to run whatever you need for your project, not being limited by the supported languages. Also, pipelines and workflows are highly customizable.

What do you dislike?

Although you can customize the pipelines however you want, having to write everything using YAML is really annoying and if you have a slightly more complicated pipeline, you'll end up with a huge YAML file on your project. Also, their UI needs to be upgraded with features like workflows in mind, as currently you can see a list of recent builds, as in 1.0, but cannot see a list with all previous workflows and which jobs have been ran on them, like in GoCD, for example.

I'm automating the test and deployment of many projects from my open-source organization. CircleCI has proved one of the best free options available due to its free plan to open-source repositories, even for mobile (iOS) projects.

CircleCI review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

Excellent service

What do you like best?

CircleCI is continuously adding new features such as Workflows and support for Docker, which has fit very well into our software development lifecycle. In particular, support for docker-based builds and tests works very well for us.

What do you dislike?

The new workflows feature reports build success/failure on each step without indicating which part of the workflow succeeded or failed, making it difficult to know when a run is complete. Per-workflow notifications rather than per-job notifications would improve this substantially for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great service with a good support community and I personally received excellent direct support from several CircleCI employees via the support forums and direct email. The initial setup is straight forward and I was able to get our first project building and running tests using CircleCI in about a day's worth of effort.

We use CircleCI to automate running test suites on our software products as part of our regular software development lifecycle. Having tests run automatically after pushing commits gives us confidence to release early and release often, and also to identify problems early in the software development cycle.

CircleCI review by <span>Nathan P.</span>
Nathan P.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The Cleanest Looking Build Manager

What do you like best?

I am very impressed with how clean the UI/UX of CircleCI is. I have used many other build managers but none as nice as CircleCI. I also like how different aspects of the build were broken down by CircleCI. I haven't seen this on any other build manager and the individual times for each section are a huge help to figure out what part of the build process is taking the longest - helping us reduce time and reduce costs.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how long builds have to wait. I get that there's a paid tier with more containers but waiting 20+ mins just to start a build is ridiculous. I think there needs to be a better solution to allow for more parallel builds

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support tools

We're solving CI with unit tests and deployment for testing to Apple's TestFlight

Learn more about CircleCI

CircleCI Videos

Learning about CircleCI?

* We monitor all CircleCI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.