Access to SFDC through gmail, ability to update most salesforce records, ability to relate activity to any object in Salesforce (MAJOR win against competitors!), integrations with other apps like TaskRay
Starting in 2017 the quality of basic Cirrus functionality has eroded. Prior to 2017 my company used Cirrus for 3 years without issue. I would have rated it our best performing product from the appexchange. I think with the expansion/ launch of Cirrus's Flight Plans, they've over extended themselves. Simple things like logging emails to salesforce are no longer simple, and I experience monthly bugs that disrupt my team's work. Cirrus: if you're reading this, PLEASE make sure that your basic functionality is in order before you expand to new things!
Here's a list of what's changed for the worse:
1) We have to add to salesforce AFTER sending an email. We used to be able to set up the settings prior to sending (or would send + add to SFDC in one step). If you click 'add to Salesforce' prior to sending the email....Cirrus now logs a blank email. If you click it again after sending....it will log the email twice
2) Cirrus no long has one of it's best features, the AI that automatically would relate the email to the Opportunity (or SFDC record) that the user most often logged email to. Now reps have to look up the record every single time. It's added a lot of time to something that used to be a really elegant feature.
3) I need to use task record types, cirrus does not accommodate. Record types are key to successful SFDC organizations as they scale.
4) Even if my users download the extension at the same time, their setting panels all look different. It's nuts.
5) Getting support assistance used to be much faster and better. Now I rarely come to a resolution with their support team for the bugs I experience
6) BUGS. Unable to log error messages. Bugs in the admin dashboard where I can't manage users or add new ones. Bugs in the side panel. Bugs, bugs bugs. 3 years of no bugs, and now in the past 6 months I've probably had 20+.
It's disappointing because I used to be such a huge advocate for Cirrus but now I'm starting to consider other options.
Everything about Sales is about speed. The more that I can help my team decrease administrative overhead, the more time they have to work with their clients, and the better my company does. Cirrus (should, and does when it's working) make logging emails mindless and part of a process. I wish they would bring back the "send and add to salesforce" button, so that adding emails to Salesforce is one step instead of 2. Cirrus should keep this in mind, it's what made them Great.