Cisco ISE

Gain awareness of everything hitting your network. Provide access consistently and efficiently. Relieve the stress of complex access management.

Work for Cisco ISE?

Learning about Cisco ISE?

Cisco ISE Reviews

Showing 5 Cisco ISE reviews
Cisco ISE review by Jash D.
Jash D.

"Great Out Of The Box "

What do you like best?

The product worked as expected without any issues. The systems integrated with minimal impact to our users. Cisco Support was superb and always willing to help with any roadblocks that were found with the product itself. The logging is very clear. Whenever users say they can't authenticate, the reason is immediatly listed in the logging dashboard. The policy configuration can also be done in any way you like. It's easy to structure and has quite a lot of predefined objects/actions.

What do you dislike?

Requires 3rd party implementation initially and also updates tend to introduce other bugs and aren't always as useful as they would seem. Automatic profiling could be improved more. Licensing model--too granular and greedy. MDM integration is a separate cost per user, etc., and is unreasonably expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good understanding of the amount of users you're willing to authenticate. Perhaps look into cheaper solutions, but it may be hard to find an out of the box experience similar to Cisco ISE.

Create and manage policies in order to provide network access control on both your wireless and wired network. There are multiple ways to authenticate users, whether you just want MAB-authentication, authentication by username or authentication by certificate. It's very flexible, has predefined elements and there are also valuable guides to be found.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cisco ISE
Cisco ISE review by User

"Does the job you need"

What do you like best?

I love the endpoints identity page in the software - it's one of the most used features for me.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan about the new way to navigate the software and general set-up they use for getting around the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! It'll seriously handle all the things you could ever want an ISE to do, especially the ability to customize profiles - it's a game changer. Even though I am not the biggest fan about the new navigation framework they have for this, it's just a learning curve. I'm not against it, I just need a little more time to get used to it and figure it all out.

Network device profiles are something that really makes a difference because it gives you the option to customize the settings for network devices and the way it does change of authorizations, and some other cool features.

What Network Access Control solution do you use?

Cisco ISE review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"My experience with ISE"

What do you like best?

This product is excellent for TACACS and RADIUS authentication as well as profiling various devices on our network.

What do you dislike?

At times the interface can be a bit clunky and resource intensive.

We currently use ISE for TACACS and RADIUS authentication and authorization. We also use dACL's to enhance our network security.

Cisco ISE review by User in Higher Education

"Cisco"

What do you like best?

This is what my employer uses for outbound and inbound calls. It is a tried and true product that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little old school and could use some updating to be aligned with other products

on the market.

We are tracking calls and are able to direct the flow of calls into the office to specific departments.

Cisco ISE review by Administrator

"Perfect software"

What do you like best?

Perfect program,it has allowed me to manage all my devices and saves me lots of time

What do you dislike?

TBH,nothing

This product is simply perfect

It allows me to control connections to all devices in my company

Learning about Cisco ISE?

* We monitor all Cisco ISE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.